Lead to This

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 11:36:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 11:40:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Die Hard and Lethal Weapon sold a ton of Beretta 92s.
View Quote

Die Hard sold a ton of AUGs and MP5 clones also.

Harley's Davidson and the Marlboro Man sold AUGs, Deagels and Casual revolvers.

How can you forget every one wanting a PPK because of Bond.

The Quick and the Dead saw a resurgence in single actions being sold.

Link Posted: 8/16/2023 11:54:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
When I was younger There was a movie called Max Payne, overall a shitty movie but a shootout scene in the bathroom had some amazing special effects making the gun look like some amazing  destructive thing of dread.
The Character used a shitty obscure gun from a shitty company called Taurus Judge. Overnight every one had to have one and use it for CC and self defense and we had people getting gold medal in mental gymnastics trying to legitimize and defend the use of this awful lump of metallic shit as anything but a meme gun. I was a bit younger back then and that movie kinda shone a light on the amount of dumb fuck gun owners we have here in the US.

What other movie/scenes affected gun trends/culture?
View Quote

Side bar here, but the video games that this movie is loosely based on are phenomenal.  

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 12:05:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I know right, this right here. And it's such a trash gun too, Walther should just let it die but I bet it makes them a ton of money. The gun just flat out sucks! It's a weak caliber but it's loud and recoils like a bigger gun. The sights are pure dog shit. If the hammer doesn't bite your hand the slide will, and your knuckle will probably bash on the trigger guard. What a piece of crap gun but it does look nice though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Walther ppk - James Bond

I know right, this right here. And it's such a trash gun too, Walther should just let it die but I bet it makes them a ton of money. The gun just flat out sucks! It's a weak caliber but it's loud and recoils like a bigger gun. The sights are pure dog shit. If the hammer doesn't bite your hand the slide will, and your knuckle will probably bash on the trigger guard. What a piece of crap gun but it does look nice though.

Shut your whore mouth!  Everyone knows it has a delivery like a brick through a plate glass window!!!!
James Bond gets his Walther PPK

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 12:48:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Ruger got a huge boost of P-89 & P-90 owners when Arnold used a stainless Ruger as his primary gun in "True Lies"

Link Posted: 8/18/2023 9:19:43 AM EDT
[#7]
My favorite movie gun is because I own it and was in a site favorite, Red Dawn

Attachment Attached File

This same one
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 9:35:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Rambo (the 2008 movie) made me want a SIG 551.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 9:42:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I can't wait to buy a "Phased plasma rifle in the 40-watt range."
View Quote

Just what ya see, pal.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 9:46:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Not a movie but Walking Dead and Colt Pythons
View Quote

Did Colt being back the python because of the show?

Gotta wonder.

Crossbow sales went through the roof because of Darryl
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 9:49:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Not a movie but video game.  Noticeable huge jump in old mausers and mannlicher serv with the release of Battlefield 1.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 9:54:45 AM EDT
[#12]
The Bren Ten that Crockett carried
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 9:58:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That's intentional due to the Mini-14 "cone of dispersion" by throwing wide patterns, the Mini-14 insured the A-Team keep the bad guys heads down, but didn't kill them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funnny part is the A-Team was always dumping magazines but nobody ever caught a bullet in the chest or face . My stainless ranch rifle from that period couldn't hit shit either.

That's intentional due to the Mini-14 "cone of dispersion" by throwing wide patterns, the Mini-14 insured the A-Team keep the bad guys heads down, but didn't kill them.

Kill? I watched every episode of that show. They never scored a single hit.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 9:59:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Rambo & Predator.

Not only guns, but knives too.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 10:00:39 AM EDT
[#15]
I swear that Enfields got harder to find after 1917 came out.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 10:02:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Was I the only one that got a Stoner 63a after Quantum Leap?

Link Posted: 8/18/2023 10:03:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Aliens’ pulse rifle, hands down.

Honorable mention:
Knight and Day. SIG P250.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 10:10:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Mark Wahlberg cast as Dirk Diggler playing the role of Brock Landers (Long John Holmes)in the fictional movie “Angels Live In my Town” in Boogie Nights really clinched it for me and blued N-frames.

The intricacies and situational complexities were exquisite.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 10:14:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

/thread
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 10:17:04 AM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

ETA, damn it, now I need to build a guitar gun case with a fake guitar. It's probably pretty easy now.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 10:18:33 AM EDT
[#21]
I always wanted a 551 and Ronin just made my want even more.

It took me many years but I finally got one.

Link Posted: 8/18/2023 10:24:46 AM EDT
[#22]
I saw Cross of Iron when I was young and wanted what ever gun James Colburn had. I found out it was a Ppsh 41 years later and finally got my transferable years after that.

Link Posted: 8/18/2023 10:30:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You can usually tell who is 007 in a gunfight scene without even looking at the actors face because he's the one with the tiniest gun. Everyone else has Berettas, Glocks or something much more practical.
View Quote

In the later movies (probably starting with Brosnan) Bond carries a P-5 and not a PPK.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 10:31:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/18/2023 10:31:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Was Dirty Harry the original?
View Quote

No. Cowboy westerns in the 50s and spaghetti westerns in the 60s drove SAA sales
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 10:33:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Die Hard 2 - Glock 7  
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 10:34:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup.

It even affected the criminal world here. After Lethal Weapon came out the price of a Beretta 92 quadrupled on the Swedish black market. Every criminal wanted one.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 10:34:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Wind River made the marlin 45-70 SBL unobtainable for a while, then the whole sale to Ruger extended that.  Good thing is, it's a better gun now.
View Quote
I thought that the first Jurassic Park movie with Chris Pratt in it also got a ton of those sold.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 10:46:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

In the later movies (probably starting with Brosnan) Bond carries a P-5 and not a PPK.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can usually tell who is 007 in a gunfight scene without even looking at the actors face because he's the one with the tiniest gun. Everyone else has Berettas, Glocks or something much more practical.

Tomorrow Never Dies, in the Chinese safe house. "Is that the new Walther? I should ask Q for that." Except I thought it was a P99.

Which doesn't disprove the P5 showing up somewhere else. I just don't remember seeing one.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 10:55:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 10:57:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Not a move, but news clips.  Unsure how many of you are old enough to remember two news clips from early 80s.  They showed guns not normally seen in America at the time.  The Iranian Embassy rescue by SAS using MP5s, and the attempted assination of Ronaldus Magnus by that mental health patient who should have not been walking free where the Secret Service guy suddenly produced a full size UZI from under his sport coat.  Both of those news clips made pistol caliber subguns popular again.  And that was pre May86, so they were still legal to make at the time.  i had one teacher that picked up an UZI because if it was good enough to protect the president, it was something he wanted to get.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 11:01:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 11:04:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

https://i.imgflip.com/3n4unh.gif

ETA, damn it, now I need to build a guitar gun case with a fake guitar. It's probably pretty easy now.
View Quote

You need friends @Happy_Hour_Hero

Use a better magnet to keep the guitar “lid” closed:

Desperado - Guitar Case Full of Guns
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 11:17:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Dirty Harry
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 5:08:12 PM EDT
[#35]
It was “Replacement Killers” that sold me on the H&K USP9
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 6:52:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I know someone who was around at the time and said they almost couldn't give away Model 29s when they first came out - .44 Magnum is just too spicy a cartridge to be useful to anyone except somebody headed out into the woods in bear country. But then Dirty Harry hit theaters, and suddenly there was a six-month waiting list to get one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dirty harry and the 44 mag

I know someone who was around at the time and said they almost couldn't give away Model 29s when they first came out - .44 Magnum is just too spicy a cartridge to be useful to anyone except somebody headed out into the woods in bear country. But then Dirty Harry hit theaters, and suddenly there was a six-month waiting list to get one.
I can confirm that.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 10:19:33 PM EDT
[#37]

Love that episode and gun, cant afford one yet
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 10:38:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Hmm anybody feel like Commando helped sell any M202 Flash launchers?
View Quote

That's like saying Predator helped sell more miniguns.

Actually, I want a minigun.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 10:50:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Shooter resulted in at least one Remington 700 Varmint sale
View Quote

Pretty sure the Remingtons in Shooter were 700 PSS models
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:21:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I thought that the first Jurassic Park movie with Chris Pratt in it also got a ton of those sold.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wind River made the marlin 45-70 SBL unobtainable for a while, then the whole sale to Ruger extended that.  Good thing is, it's a better gun now.

Both movies drove interest up but the reality is that they were hard to get during their entire production run.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:28:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

No.
That legislation predates LW.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lethal weapon was responsible for the armour piercing pistol ammunition "cop killer bullets" legislation.

No.
That legislation predates LW.

KTW was what I was told started the whole cop killer thing. Bit before my time.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:32:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:36:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
When I was younger There was a movie called Max Payne, overall a shitty movie but a shootout scene in the bathroom had some amazing special effects making the gun look like some amazing  destructive thing of dread.
The Character used a shitty obscure gun from a shitty company called Taurus Judge. Overnight every one had to have one and use it for CC and self defense and we had people getting gold medal in mental gymnastics trying to legitimize and defend the use of this awful lump of metallic shit as anything but a meme gun. I was a bit younger back then and that movie kinda shone a light on the amount of dumb fuck gun owners we have here in the US.

What other movie/scenes affected gun trends/culture?
View Quote

How old are you? I ask because my memory is bit different regarding the Judge. It had been out for quite a while when that crappy movie came out and was anything but obscure.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:51:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Saving Private Ryan drove the increased cost of transferable Thompsons.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:57:03 PM EDT
[#45]

I am wanting to get another Makarov after watching Kleo
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 9:39:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 11:36:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Damn those are nice ??
View All Quotes

Yes, yes they sre - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrienne_Barbeau
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top