Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2008 8:58:01 AM EDT
Warning Warning Actual Shooting footage.

http://english.sina.com/china/1/2007/0906/124299.html

BEIJING police shot a man dead after he kidnapped his ex-girlfriend and tried to kill her with a knife on Tuesday morning, the Beijing News reported today.

A well-informed source said the 35-year-old man, surnamed Yang, refused to break up with his girlfriend so he locked her in her home since Sunday and used a 20-centimeter knife to threaten her, the report said.

The 30-year-old woman, surnamed Dai, contacted a friend via QQ, a popular online chat system, on Monday night and told her to call the police, the report said.

Police arrived in the wee hours of Tuesday morning and persuaded the man to open the door. But Yang became more irritated and threatened to kill the hostage, the report said.

Around 9am, the police climbed into Dai's room via the balcony, a witness surnamed Wang said.

The police tried to relieve Yang's tension but he kept ordering the police to leave, the report said.

"The knife was moved back and forth on Dai's neck," a witness said.

When Yang suddenly tried to cut Dai's throat, the police shot him dead, the report said. Dai was not injured.

"They quarreled frequently a month ago and Yang was taken to the police station for harassing her after breaking up," Dai's neighbors said.

my.break.com/Content/view.aspx?ContentID=523334
Link Posted: 6/20/2008 9:00:16 AM EDT
[#1]
surprised they let it go on for so long..
Link Posted: 6/20/2008 9:01:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/20/2008 9:02:56 AM EDT
[#3]
BOOM head shot
Link Posted: 6/20/2008 9:03:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Nuttin' but chunks...
Link Posted: 6/20/2008 9:03:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Not really graphic at all.

In a couple months, the video will resurface as just a 10-second clip of the end, described as "Chinese government executes Christian on bus!".
Link Posted: 6/20/2008 9:03:53 AM EDT
[#6]
You could barely see whats going on.
I've seen greater horror in my toilet bowl

Lame
Link Posted: 6/20/2008 9:04:06 AM EDT
[#7]
good shoot!
Link Posted: 6/20/2008 9:05:28 AM EDT
[#8]
height=8
Quoted:

I'm not surprised. CCW, let alone private gun ownership, is outlawed there.

If it were Texas, that fucker would have been shot dead by a carrying passenger in the back.
Link Posted: 6/20/2008 9:07:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Did I miss something?  Because the story sounds like everything went down in the girlfriend's home, while the video shows everything happening on a bus.

Link Posted: 6/20/2008 9:08:26 AM EDT
[#10]
But maybe they could have just talked to him. Maybe he could have been rehabilitated?
Gotcha!

Threaten to kill people and you take what you get. I see no problems here.

Link Posted: 6/20/2008 9:10:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/20/2008 9:14:41 AM EDT
[#12]
"he die right away"
Link Posted: 6/20/2008 9:16:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Damn, looks like the Chinese did right
Link Posted: 6/20/2008 9:20:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/20/2008 9:21:21 AM EDT
[#15]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

If it were Texas, that fucker would have been shot dead by a carrying passenger in the back.

What are you talking about?
Did'nt the guy have a knife.In most of the vids i see they usally take the guy out faster..
Link Posted: 6/20/2008 9:22:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Wasn't that graphic, as far a NSFW... I just showed a few co-workers, and I still have a job.
Link Posted: 6/20/2008 9:24:03 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In this day an age, if that would have happend in the US the libs would have blamed his mother, father, teachers, gun manufacturer, the bullet manufacturer and then George Bush. Followed by many a lawsuit and a candle light vigil for the slain misunderstood victim of the media.

ETA - hell I'm already seeing it now, every time crimes happens lately it's blamed on desparation due to high gas prices and a shitty economy...
Link Posted: 6/20/2008 9:28:13 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Not really graphic at all.

In a couple months, the video will resurface as just a 10-second clip of the end, described as "Chinese government executes Christian on bus!".

Link Posted: 6/20/2008 9:29:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/20/2008 9:30:36 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In this day an age, if that would have happend in the US the libs would have blamed his mother, father, teachers, gun manufacturer, the bullet manufacturer and then George Bush. Followed by many a lawsuit and a candle light vigil for the slain misunderstood victim of the media.

ETA - hell I'm already seeing it now, every time crimes happens lately it's blamed on desparation due to high gas prices and a shitty economy...

You forgot to blame Haliburton
Link Posted: 6/20/2008 9:31:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/20/2008 9:34:15 AM EDT
[#22]
I am confused... the story is about an apartment complete with balcony..

the guy who was shot was sitting on a bus??/
Link Posted: 6/20/2008 9:35:57 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Very poor crowd control.

Ain't that the damn truth... first thing I noticed were all the gawkers milling about close in.
Link Posted: 6/20/2008 9:37:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Drop dead Fred!
Link Posted: 6/20/2008 9:37:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Kidnappers in China just can't seem to learn that if you kidnap someone, they'll talk to you for a few hours, but when the People's Armed Policeman in all black comes, he's there to shoot you in the head with a pistol.
Link Posted: 6/20/2008 9:41:29 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, crime does spike when the economy isn't doing well. Crime is a job, one that can pay well and has no barriers to entry.
Link Posted: 6/20/2008 9:41:50 AM EDT
[#27]
But there are no guns in China and therefore no violent crime. This must have been a photoshop....
Link Posted: 6/20/2008 9:44:03 AM EDT
[#28]
His name was Yang?
Link Posted: 6/20/2008 9:44:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/20/2008 9:46:07 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
But there are no guns in China and therefore no violent crime. This must have been a photoshop....

Plenty of guns in China - in the hands of police and military, just like you saw in the video.
Link Posted: 6/20/2008 9:47:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Is it just me or does the video not match the news story?

They are on a bus, not an apartment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top