Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 21
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 6:48:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The S&W 3913 served as a duty gun for a number of agencies. Both plainclothes and uniformed.
View Quote
I read an article somewhere one time that Louis Freeh the former FBI Director carried one.

I had one and sold it for a Glock 27.  Should have never done that.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 7:14:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Like I've said before, Glock could release a 7-shot .25ACP on the 20/21 frame with no sights and a heel mag release and they's still sell 87 million of the.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL.... so dumb they'll sell then by the bushel and laugh all the way to the bank.
Like the model 42 "nobody would buy"

Then the 43 "nobody would buy" because they had saturated the market with the 42s.
Like I've said before, Glock could release a 7-shot .25ACP on the 20/21 frame with no sights and a heel mag release and they's still sell 87 million of the.
RMR and a threaded barrel might make that interesting.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 8:50:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I think it may see some possible in roads to the LE market.  The 26/27 see some use by detectives and admins.  I think it could be used/issued in that role.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It makes since from a production standpoint to use the mags they're using since the 10rd ban compliant G19 mag is a single stack 10rd metal liner with a large plastic mold around it to give it the same profile as a 15rd G19 mag. They probably took that 10rd metal liner and put it in a thinner plastic mold.

Now for commercial sales. It sucks because they could have done a proper 10rd G43 style magazine where there would be compatibility.

But I truly see Glock marketing this primarily as a civilian sector product. Especially for locations where anything larger than 10rds is verboten. NJ, NY, CA, HI, MA, Wash-DC, Canada, etc.... also it is a gun that will be extremely popular for the largest growing segment of new shooters; women.

A market that used to be filled by the S&W 3913LS, Beretta Mod. 86, and Sig P239. Medium sized, concealable, single stack guns.

S&W attempted to get back into that market with the M&P .380 EZ. The Glock, with a slightly wider grip than the G42/43 will have less perceived recoil and probably be an easy shooting gun for women, the elderly, and people of small stature.
I think it may see some possible in roads to the LE market.  The 26/27 see some use by detectives and admins.  I think it could be used/issued in that role.  
Yep, I hope these end up on the approved list.  I hate lugging the G17 around, and I was going to get a 19 or 26 (had a 27 before the switch to 9mm) but I much rather have the 43X.  Glad I waited, I just don't need to carry a full size duty gun.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 11:53:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The S&W 3913 served as a duty gun for a number of agencies. Both plainclothes and uniformed.
View Quote
A 3913 as a duty gun?

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 12:11:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

A 3913 as a duty gun?

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
Sad thing is I wouldn't have felt undergunned with one.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 12:48:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I read an article somewhere one time that Louis Freeh the former FBI Director carried one.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love my 3913, G26, and G27.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 12:49:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
A 3913 as a duty gun?

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A 3913 as a duty gun?

Click To View Spoiler
Would have been a great duty rig if my agency allowed it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:12:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

A 3913 as a duty gun?

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
When I used to work as a rent-a-cop in Nashville, I carried a 1911A1 with four extra 8-round mags in a nylon pouch similar to yours. One night, a Metro cop asked me why I had so many spare mags, saying that I was carrying way too much ammo. I kindly pointed out that all five of my loaded mags plus one in the chamber totaled 41 rounds, whereas he had a total of 46 rounds of .40 S&W in his G22 and two spare mags, as well as a shotgun in the car and a whole bunch of other well-armed guys just a radio call away. I don't think he appreciated being put in his place. Another one made a big deal about my hammer being cocked a different night. It was pretty obvious he didn't have the first clue how guns worked.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 9:08:44 PM EDT
[#9]
T-10 days until the 48 comes.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:27:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Those look like the sights I have on either my 42 or 23. I like them well enough, but am going to hold out and see if the Agent sights go on sale at Brownell's for the 48 I pre-ordered.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:39:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I got talking to one of Glock's warranty reps awhile ago after sending a Gen 2 19 slide in for sight replacement. While I had him on the phone, I asked him a few questions about the 43X and 48.

According to him, the Streamlight TLR-6 will work on the 43X and 48 frames. The trigger guard width is the same on them as the 43, as is the part of the frame in front of the trigger guard. Additionally, he said a 43 slide will work on the 43X/48 frames, so a 43 owner who buys a 48 can build there own 43X (with a black slide) as well as a long-slide 43. We also talked about the slide coating on the 43X and 48, both agreeing it wasn't our first choice. When I said I expect Lipsey's or another distributor to do a run of cerakoted slides, he said he guarantees it will happen. (I don't count his use of guarantee to be a rock solid guarantee from his employer, just that he has a strong educated opinion that it will happen.)
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 1:00:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I got talking to one of Glock's warranty reps awhile ago after sending a Gen 2 19 slide in for sight replacement. While I had him on the phone, I asked him a few questions about the 43X and 48.

According to him, the Streamlight TLR-6 will work on the 43X and 48 frames. The trigger guard width is the same on them as the 43, as is the part of the frame in front of the trigger guard. Additionally, he said a 43 slide will work on the 43X/48 frames, so a 43 owner who buys a 48 can build there own 43X (with a black slide) as well as a long-slide 43. We also talked about the slide coating on the 43X and 48, both agreeing it wasn't our first choice. When I said I expect Lipsey's or another distributor to do a run of cerakoted slides, he said he guarantees it will happen. (I don't count his use of guarantee to be a rock solid guarantee from his employer, just that he has a strong educated opinion that it will happen.)
View Quote
Goddamnit. Fine. TLR-6 ordered.

I have a Glock 43 already and had my slide chromed. Which is why I am buying the 48. I get to try both the 48 and 43x by switching slides.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 1:09:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Amazing how almost overnight my local armslist is full of 43s for sale
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 2:50:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ohhhhh that makes me moist

TLR6 in the shopping cart.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 10:30:23 PM EDT
[#15]
The TLR-6 is an awesome unit.

Got mine for $58.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 9:21:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Got to handle on of these Yesterday (Sat.) at GT distributors in Rossville GA.

The 48 felt REAL GOOD in the hand. The 43X was not bad at all. Had the same feel as a 19X only Smaller.

Definitely getting one for booger. He really liked the 48. They had a light laser unit on the 48 that was a model that fit on the 43. I think it was a crimson Trace unit. Not sure though. But it was a light with a laser with buttons on both sides. Kinda weird to use when I tired it. Guess you had to practice with it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 11:19:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The 48 felt REAL GOOD in the hand. The 43X was not bad at all. Had the same feel as a 19X only Smaller.

Definitely getting one for booger. He really liked the 48. They had a light laser unit on the 48 that was a model that fit on the 43. I think it was a crimson Trace unit. Not sure though. But it was a light with a laser with buttons on both sides. Kinda weird to use when I tired it. Guess you had to practice with it.
View Quote
Sounds like the TLR-6

Link Posted: 1/18/2019 12:08:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Yep that's it TLR-6. The shop around here will have them for $449 out the door tax and all. God I love my gun shop.
Monday or tuesday when they are able to sell them and when they get them I will get one for booger. Hopefully they will have the ones with the New Night Sights.

Link Posted: 1/18/2019 12:15:37 AM EDT
[#19]
I picked up my G43X today, and I can confirm 42/43 sights work on it. I put green dot Ameriglo Agent sights on it.

Extra mags are going to be hard to find for a while, I hear.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 12:19:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
The 48 and 43x use the same frame, so anything that works on one will work on the other. Same with sights, magazines, even recoil springs. Even though the 48 is a half inch longer than the 43x, they use the same guide rod and recoil spring.

As far as the light-laser, if it will fit on the trigger guard and dust cover of the G43, it should work on the 43x and 48 also as long as it doesn't go all the way out to the very end of the dust cover. The dust cover on the 43x/48 has different contours than the 43 due to the melt job on the slide of the 43x/48.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 12:26:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
And Deadpoint just released their 43 guiderod light.  Should work on the 43x and 48 as well.
View Quote
I can confirm the 43 guide rod works on a 43x and 48.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 3:39:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The 48 and 43x use the same frame, so anything that works on one will work on the other. Same with sights, magazines, even recoil springs. Even though the 48 is a half inch longer than the 43x, they use the same guide rod and recoil spring.

As far as the light-laser, if it will fit on the trigger guard and dust cover of the G43, it should work on the 43x and 48 also as long as it doesn't go all the way out to the very end of the dust cover. The dust cover on the 43x/48 has different contours than the 43 due to the melt job on the slide of the 43x/48.
View Quote
Will 43X fit existing 43 holsters?
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 10:42:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Will 43X fit existing 43 holsters?
View Quote
so far no problems, I have holsters from 1791, safariland, and galco. The slide is the same width between the 43, the 43x, and the 48th. The only places the 43x and 48 is wider is in the grip.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 10:49:10 PM EDT
[#24]
We got 8 if them today at my store 4 and 4...the 43x rocks...the 48...meh..selling them both for $489.99, $20 more than standard 43.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 10:57:55 PM EDT
[#25]
The 43X is MUCH taller than the P365 yet holds the same number of rounds.

The majority of the 43X is not thinner than the P365.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 11:11:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
sure but sig has been a shitshow for the last 25yrs.

you can pick up any glock anywhere in the world and it will blast and blast.

not to mention, 2 finger grips with 35k psi ammo are worthless. cant hit shit with them.

seriously, everything sig has made since the 226 has been complete shit.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 11:14:54 PM EDT
[#27]
I fondled one today at the fun store. I thought it was dumb at first, I’m a G26 guy.

I think I’m in on the 43X. 48 I’m not sure about, but I’ll probably end up with one anyway.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 11:15:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/289413/9893E599-9E8C-443A-BE6F-C7192948F415_png-783568.JPG

Another member stated he shot the 43X and the 48

Matches as he described

@Minnesotadude

This makes my pants tingly
View Quote
Needs more 10mm
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 11:20:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

sure but sig has been a shitshow for the last 25yrs.

you can pick up any glock anywhere in the world and it will blast and blast.

not to mention, 2 finger grips with 35k psi ammo are worthless. cant hit shit with them.

seriously, everything sig has made since the 226 has been complete shit.
View Quote
Tell me more

Link Posted: 1/19/2019 12:09:31 AM EDT
[#30]
I knew it was only a matter of time...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 2:32:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
I keep thinking about a 365, but the shitshow they've had on reliability recently has kept me from doing it.

IMO the 43X/48 fill different roles from the P365.    I've said for years I wanted a thinner 10 shot single stack Glock 19.   The 48 is essentially that gun.    The 43X is that gun w/ a shorter slide which will make some people happy.    For me the P365 would be a pocket gun if I trusted one enough to replace my 43.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 4:08:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Yep the sign is by far the smaller gun. And fits medium to small size hands well.

However while everyone is comparing the two and likely will continue to. I don't feel they are really targeting the same customers. Having handled the G43X finally I can confirm it feels more like a g19 but smaller. It's almost like it fits right in between a regular double stack and the sub compacts.

Where the p365 is a true subcompact in the hand.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 9:13:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yep the sign is by far the smaller gun. And fits medium to small size hands well.

However while everyone is comparing the two and likely will continue to. I don't feel they are really targeting the same customers. Having handled the G43X finally I can confirm it feels more like a g19 but smaller. It's almost like it fits right in between a regular double stack and the sub compacts.

Where the p365 is a true subcompact in the hand.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/153775/IMG_20190118_230729965_jpg-813063.JPG
View Quote
boom.

and every single one sold could go 15k rounds today. maybe 50k.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 1:25:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
So it has a grip I can get more than two fingers on? Excellent!
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 1:42:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can't get 3 on the P365?
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 3:47:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 3:49:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Correct.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct.
I find that hard to believe. Do you have fat fingers? I wear an XL glove but have slim fingers. I could see possibly with the flat baseplate, but with the slightly extended or 12rnd mag?
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 4:24:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I find that hard to believe. Do you have fat fingers? I wear an XL glove but have slim fingers. I could see possibly with the flat baseplate, but with the slightly extended or 12rnd mag?
View Quote
Yes, i have fat fingers and wide hands. I need a vickers +2 mag extension to get three fingers on a Glock 43. I need a +3 mag extension to get three fingers on a Glock 26. I hate using extended mags because it makes it fee like part of the grip falls off when you do a mag change.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 1:36:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Got my 48 today. I actually prefer the 43X overall, but since I already have a 43, now I have all three, plus a ...43L?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 1:41:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Yes, i have fat fingers and wide hands. I need a vickers +2 mag extension to get three fingers on a Glock 43. I need a +3 mag extension to get three fingers on a Glock 26. I hate using extended mags because it makes it fee like part of the grip falls off when you do a mag change.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I see. And I completely agree with the bold, hence my disdain for the practice of getting a 43 and adding an inch+ with mag extensions when a longer gripped pistol would conceal just the same without compromising the primary grip.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 1:44:26 PM EDT
[#41]
My 48 should be at the LGS tomorow hopefully.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:50:37 PM EDT
[#42]
It’s here!

Link Posted: 1/21/2019 4:47:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Goddamn it feels so good in the hand. I’ll change the sights tonight. Crossbreed has not shipped my holster yet. I’ll see if it at least somewhat fits in my alien gear g19 holster
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 5:06:02 PM EDT
[#44]
So, who's got mag pouches?
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 5:23:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Goddamn it feels so good in the hand. I’ll change the sights tonight. Crossbreed has not shipped my holster yet. I’ll see if it at least somewhat fits in my alien gear g19 holster
View Quote
Ya it does I haven't been able to put mine down.

My buddy said he was reminded of a bond pistol (Walther ppk).

And then clicked why I liked it. There's a simple elegance to the design Glock has been neglecting. It definitely has a just right feel to it.

I will definitely be looking to shoot it as soon as possible.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 5:23:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Anyone that has a 43X or 48 already have a set of calipers?  What are the mag dimensions front to back and side to side?
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 5:28:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Lol. Nope.
View Quote
10 rounds in a hand gun that size is definitely not perfection.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 5:58:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol. Nope.
Come on you know you could edc at least three in your cargo pants.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 6:00:35 PM EDT
[#49]
I got my first chance to handle these today. I'm mostly indifferent.

The 43X is significantly larger than the P365. It compares okay to the Shield, though. It will probably be a decent CC option for some people depending upon their preferences.

I find the 48 to be more interesting in an academic sort of way, but I wouldn't expect it to sell as well unless it turns into something of a ban state service gun.

The only thing that baffles me about these is the finish. Why the hell did they choose a silver finish for CC guns?
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 6:03:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol. Nope.
Yet it's what a lot of us have been requesting for ages.
Page / 21
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top