User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 8:10:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm about at the 'fuck it' stage with SK. If they're not worried about their safety, why should we be?
View Quote
Yeah we only lost like 50k of our guys and maybe a trillion dollars.  Wow, what jack asses.  If it's not urgent then get us the fuck out of there. 
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 8:41:29 PM EDT
[#2]
This thread is hilarious.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 9:11:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Something's going on in the ROK/SK Ministry of National Defense.  The new President is claiming that they withheld information from him regarding the deployment.  This tells me that their defense department OK'd the THAAD deployment behind his back because they don't trust his leadership.
View Quote
I suspect it was approved long before the current tard was elected.  A THAAD deployment isn't a one-month do... there's planning involved.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 9:27:31 PM EDT
[#4]

The SK president just does not understand that EVERYTHING causes cancer in California.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 9:50:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This thread is hilarious.
View Quote
Well,  Let us in on the joke?  Why not pull out of Korea?
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:50:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Well,  Let us in on the joke?  Why not pull out of Korea?
View Quote
I'm going to guess it has to do with the contrast between Bohr_adam and a few other's posts vs. most of the other replies.

The former seem like they are written with some knowledge on the topic and show that this isn't that big a deal/it's actually a predictable result.

The latter seem like:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:29:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm about at the 'fuck it' stage with SK. If they're not worried about their safety, why should we be?
View Quote
I don't think we ever cared about SK as much as having a presence and defenses for fighting commies.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:33:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm not sure why anyone is surprised by this.  

South Koreans have not been concerned with this.  I heard very little out of them pre-election and they doubled down on it with their election results.  

China is not heavily concerned by this.  If they were, it would be dealt with.  

Japan wants us to deal with it, not them.  

This has been the signaling the whole time.

The region shows little concern.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:50:45 PM EDT
[#9]
lol at this thread
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:55:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I don't think we ever cared about SK as much as having a presence and defenses for fighting commies.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
People demand outright prostration and subservience from our Allies, even when they've been steadfast and loyal for decades. Not sure if our defense treaty was officially invoked for Vietnam, but the Koreans showed up in spades.

And, none of this changes the fact that most here can't grasp. The U.S. wants basing and acces to the Korean Peninsula. Loss of it hurts the United States in the Pacific.

Several generations of "we're doing you a favor, kiss our ass" gets old. It's rude, and builds resentment. The end result is the rise of the type of politicians you see here, willing to stand up to it and call our bluff.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 12:51:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Wat da fuck is it wit des morans?
View Quote
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top