Quoted:
In before "my state is closed"
View Quote
Right up there with muh freedumz.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 10:44:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you guys realize NYC and Albany politics are what fuck NY up? Most of the state is actually great other than the nazi gun laws
View Quote
Shhhh!!!!

Let them wallow.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 10:46:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
fucking locusts
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 10:54:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They like Californians should not be allowed to flee the mess they created, but it is obvious why they are doing it Democrats never ever take personal responsibility for anything in life.
View Quote
Newflash - a lot of "Californians" are imports from elsewhere.  Additionally, it is rare to find a native San Franciscan in San Francisco.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 2:03:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They've discovered East TN lately also.
View Quote
That's become a popular area for retiring NYC area civil servants. I know at least a dozen who've retired there in the last few years.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 2:11:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 2:14:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Red states need to build border walls to keep the liberals out.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 2:16:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Back in NY, we didn't have overly dramatic threads like this.
View Quote
I don't care....anymore....
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 2:46:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Let me tell youse how we did it in Joisey!
View Quote
So true!  Build a wall!
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 2:46:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Please stay out of Florida, people from the north east with a mindset to change our laws to make them more progressive. Stay out of our state
It is not a place for you. Why move to a place and want to transform it into what you just moved from? Florida is hot,swampy,crowded, bug infested
and backward socially. With Florida processing all these negative attributes and worse, why move here?
   Yankees are not needed or wanted here, so find some other part the world to corrupt with your superior abilities. Just leave us alone, thank you
for your consideration in this matter.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 3:29:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Its not about a few cold months.  Its the gray, dreary, depressing weather for a solid 4 months of the year.  You dont want to leave the house, you dont want to go outside,  you dont want to shovel the car out to go to the gym, you dont want to look at the miserable gray skies another time.  You get out of all your good routines.  You stop being active.  You quit going to the gym.  You quit doing any outdoor activities.  So you sit on the fucking couch, you stuff your face, you get fat, and you hate your life.  And thats every winter.  Sweating your ass off during the summer isnt as bad because you can atleast go to the gym/ lake/ beach/ walk in the evenings.  And even if you dont you can still get some sunlight so your moods dont go to shit.
View Quote
Staying indoors during winter is a choice.  Examples in northern Michigan are:  Snowmobile, ice fish, cross country ski, downhill ski, snowshoe, hunt, winter hikes and more.  Quitting going to the gym because of snow is a pretty weak choice.

As long as I have and maintain the proper equipment, like I have now, I see myself retiring in the north areas.  One huge plus is less people around here.  I hate people.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 10:57:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Its not about a few cold months.  Its the gray, dreary, depressing weather for a solid 4 months of the year.  You dont want to leave the house, you dont want to go outside,  you dont want to shovel the car out to go to the gym, you dont want to look at the miserable gray skies another time.  You get out of all your good routines.  You stop being active.  You quit going to the gym.  You quit doing any outdoor activities.  So you sit on the fucking couch, you stuff your face, you get fat, and you hate your life.  And thats every winter.  Sweating your ass off during the summer isnt as bad because you can atleast go to the gym/ lake/ beach/ walk in the evenings.  And even if you dont you can still get some sunlight so your moods dont go to shit.
View Quote
so that must be why people in Scandinavia are among the healthiest and happiest in the world?

it might just be -- and this is a shot in the dark here, ya know -- you.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:04:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Unless they are vetted by Extorris or Runcible, Georgia is closed and these pukes can take their shit west to the waters edge.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:16:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:18:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:21:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:28:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:28:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:33:25 PM EDT
[#19]
U.S. map compares state education levels to foreign countries

Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:35:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:42:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:43:37 PM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:03:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Unless they are vetted by Extoris or Runcible, Georgia is closed and these pukes can take their shit west to the waters edge.
View Quote
Georgia's toast
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:45:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
When east coast and west coast liberals invade the south, the problem is they bring their politics and voting habits with them.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:47:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Native born Texan here. We moved from DFW to have a more relaxed simpler life in Deep East Tx. I felt like  Yankee transplant for the first few years. Even though I had the exact same values as the folks in our new area it took a few years to be 100% accepted. We had to PROVE our worth via our actions. I didn`t mind at all. I would have ( and have) done the same thing. We are "in the fold" now and I suspect we may very well have been treated the same in any rural area in Texas.

I have seen non-Texan transplants try and live here without changing their ways and the results have been awesome to watch.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:52:10 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm beginning to see a trend in these maps.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 7:03:47 AM EDT
[#27]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Unless they are vetted by Extoris or Runcible, Georgia is closed and these pukes can take their shit west to the waters edge.
Georgia's toast
Agreed, I'm a native Georgian and lived here all my life.

The contrast of change in the last 3 decades is staggering.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 7:34:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yep my straight republican voting habits
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 7:42:38 AM EDT
[#29]
I have lived in NY and NC, traveled to every state in the U.S., after spending a couple months in Alabama on business...

It is my garden of eden...mecca...Valhalla...   whatever you may refer to it as. I loved every minute I was there, I loved the people, the weather..you name it.

Best of all, everyone I met was genuine. Non of the bullshit fake friendliness of Carolinas/Georgia, non of the libtard idiocy of most of NY.

I would move there in a minute if my wife would allow it. She wants out of NY but not that far south  (she likes snow)

Quoted:
Just so you know, every stereotype you've heard about Alabama is true.  We run about bare footed, marry our sisters, and constantly spit tobacco.

You wouldn't like it here.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 7:57:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The ones who want to flee the oppression are welcome.

The ones who want to spread the oppression should fuck off.
View Quote
They mostly vote the same way they did in the fucked up states.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 8:02:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Don't bother. Education is not the South's strong suit.
View Quote
Lotta good all that super education has done up there. You guys are so smart you need the gov't to do everything for you and vote for more big gov't every chance you get.   
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 8:33:33 AM EDT
[#32]
I am surprised by NY.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 11:29:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Why move to the South?  The heat/humidity in the summer is miserable, I would rather put up with a few cold months.
View Quote
Wyoming? Don't worry. They're heading your way too.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 12:34:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

That's what's always funny about these threads. The people they're talking to, aren't here to read their protests. Save for a minuscule group of members who are actually lefties.
View Quote
Pretty good observation.

Now get back to work and increase your tax burden so the transplants/escapees down here can keep spending those fat, unsustainable pensions.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 12:35:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Pretty good observation.

Now get back to work and increase your tax burden so the transplants/escapees down here can keep spending those fat, unsustainable pensions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what's always funny about these threads. The people they're talking to, aren't here to read their protests. Save for a minuscule group of members who are actually lefties.
Pretty good observation.

Oh snappa!
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 12:43:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I see claims of that a lot on here, but I think how often it actually happens is quite exaggerated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can honestly say that I've never heard a single person say "I wish I could move to Georgia!" so that should be pretty easy.
A lot still come here. A lot. And the first fucking words out of their mouths are,  that ain't the way we did it back home. Fuck them and their back home shit.
I see claims of that a lot on here, but I think how often it actually happens is quite exaggerated.
In and around Atlanta, its heard more than you think................although the last time I heard it, a guy from up North answered the woman with "Thank God, cause you guys messed everything up"
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 12:47:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Oh snappa!
View Quote
Crackling wit such as that is part of the draw, though an adjustment period is required to keep up
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 12:56:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Crackling wit such as that is part of the draw, though an adjustment period is required to keep up
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh snappa!
Are you hitting on me? I feel like you're hitting on me.

(It's working, by the way.)
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 1:25:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Neighbors across the street were born and raised in Detroit.  Came to Georgia about 25 years ago with two young children and another birthed soon after.  They listened.  They observed. They learned to process the intelligence hidden in the dialect.  The wife was the last to turn--even after the children. They visit Detroit but will never return. They're republicans, conservatives, whatever one should call them.  I just call them politically aware.

My next cubicle neighbor at work is a Seattle migrant.  Same as the above description of the Detroit Yankees.  

I could go on and on.  Demographic Is a FAR more reliable agent of political prediction than geography.  
View Quote
Both of your examples are not from the northeast. They're a special brand of liberal that transcends demographics, especially the ones from the NY/NJ metro area. Fuck them. 
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 3:13:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 3:19:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Get the fuck out of my state.

We're full.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 3:36:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Get the fuck out of my state.
We're full.
View Quote
So the Avilas should go back to NY?
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 3:47:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Are you hitting on me? I feel like you're hitting on me.

(It's working, by the way.)
View Quote
Simmer down, and don't even ask for pics of my Miata and comfy camping gear.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top