BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 4:05:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Overhead cams are shit and should never have evolved beyond little grocery getters and Japanese sport bikes and lawn and garden throw away shit.

Where's the last place to receive oil pressure? The heads.
Fucking brilliant. No cam bearing. Hope and prayer keeps the steel cam from gouging the fuck out the aluminum head with a cunt hairs worth of oil separating cam from head.
It literally is the most bastardized retarded piss poor example of engineering to be seen to date. And everyone loves this half assed design because
That's how they do in Europe and Japan...
So because one jumps off a bridge we all should...

But Muh valve train mass! Higher revs! Volumetric efficiency! And other phrases often copy pasta'd from hot rod magazine and other online automotive forums to try and sound smart or have a credible argument in favor for getting rewarded with over priced over engineered shit.

Well. 1968 called and laughed in DZ302. You mean to tell me... an archaic ancient design could rev to 8,000rpm. With 1 camshaft. 2 valves per cylinder.

And it took Ford 2-4 camshafts to achieve the same thing with a coyote? So much for all that valve train mass and volumetric efficiency

I am glad Ford is deviating that degenerate design. It was a farce from its inception. Why Cadillac pursued overhead cam V8s... I'll never understand...
Just because Lincoln did it with the town car, didn't mean they had to fuck up the deville with another piss poor example of modern art disaster piece...
Over head cam literally is the living example of, Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
I fucking despise over head cams. Absolutely thoroughly hate it. It's not cost effective. It's not gaining any benefit.
It literally is the worst engine design for anything beyond grocery getter feeble wheel drive econobox.

Between that and the shit boxes they cram them in...
How is it if inner fender wells were still made of steel, GM truck owners could do head gaskets in their driveways yet... Ford requires thousands in special service tools and the patience of a saint and boxes of bandages?

Ford fanbois got the short end of the stick and defended it all the while bitching about cost of repairs and insist it's the mechanics fucking them...
Here I was telling them to demand better but they couldn't help but rally around the blue goose egg.

So good on Ford for steering away from piss poor over engineered engines.
About time the fanbois get a real engine for once.

Ecojunk is another one. If folks are super impressed at piss wound 4 and 6 pots with boost. They'd shit if they ever had the opportunity to try 5-8psi on a stock LS or hemi...

Maybe they'll gain a customer seeing how GM decided to make the ugliest truck I've ever laid eyes on.

It's not the fanbois fault they were fed shit and told it was souffl... but is their fault to defend it.
Just because their daddy or grand daddy bought them, doesn't make the new ones anywhere near like what their daddy and grand daddy had...

So good on Ford for bringing back real engines.
Fanbois enjoy. It's about time you stopped getting short dicked and over charged for it, and blessed with the $$$ repairs and maintenance from piss poor designs coupled with hecho en Mexico componentry and corporate cost savings.

About time you get something worth your hard earned dollars.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm all for choices and I think a short stroke godzilla is a great idea...its just like talking to NRA supporters.  Everything they do is the best ever because reasons.

OHC because pushrods are so old. SFA because death wobble isn't a thing and my fteenthousand needs articulation, small displacement turbos because its the future, that fucked up high pressure oil injection system on diesels, now HotV turbo setups....now we're circling back to pushrod engines in sports cars and it will be awesome...

Ok.  I agree. Pushrod V8s are the titties..welcome to always.

Maybe I'm just grumpy today but humanity is making me tired

Overhead cams are shit and should never have evolved beyond little grocery getters and Japanese sport bikes and lawn and garden throw away shit.

Where's the last place to receive oil pressure? The heads.
Fucking brilliant. No cam bearing. Hope and prayer keeps the steel cam from gouging the fuck out the aluminum head with a cunt hairs worth of oil separating cam from head.
It literally is the most bastardized retarded piss poor example of engineering to be seen to date. And everyone loves this half assed design because
That's how they do in Europe and Japan...
So because one jumps off a bridge we all should...

But Muh valve train mass! Higher revs! Volumetric efficiency! And other phrases often copy pasta'd from hot rod magazine and other online automotive forums to try and sound smart or have a credible argument in favor for getting rewarded with over priced over engineered shit.

Well. 1968 called and laughed in DZ302. You mean to tell me... an archaic ancient design could rev to 8,000rpm. With 1 camshaft. 2 valves per cylinder.

And it took Ford 2-4 camshafts to achieve the same thing with a coyote? So much for all that valve train mass and volumetric efficiency

I am glad Ford is deviating that degenerate design. It was a farce from its inception. Why Cadillac pursued overhead cam V8s... I'll never understand...
Just because Lincoln did it with the town car, didn't mean they had to fuck up the deville with another piss poor example of modern art disaster piece...
Over head cam literally is the living example of, Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
I fucking despise over head cams. Absolutely thoroughly hate it. It's not cost effective. It's not gaining any benefit.
It literally is the worst engine design for anything beyond grocery getter feeble wheel drive econobox.

Between that and the shit boxes they cram them in...
How is it if inner fender wells were still made of steel, GM truck owners could do head gaskets in their driveways yet... Ford requires thousands in special service tools and the patience of a saint and boxes of bandages?

Ford fanbois got the short end of the stick and defended it all the while bitching about cost of repairs and insist it's the mechanics fucking them...
Here I was telling them to demand better but they couldn't help but rally around the blue goose egg.

So good on Ford for steering away from piss poor over engineered engines.
About time the fanbois get a real engine for once.

Ecojunk is another one. If folks are super impressed at piss wound 4 and 6 pots with boost. They'd shit if they ever had the opportunity to try 5-8psi on a stock LS or hemi...

Maybe they'll gain a customer seeing how GM decided to make the ugliest truck I've ever laid eyes on.

It's not the fanbois fault they were fed shit and told it was souffl... but is their fault to defend it.
Just because their daddy or grand daddy bought them, doesn't make the new ones anywhere near like what their daddy and grand daddy had...

So good on Ford for bringing back real engines.
Fanbois enjoy. It's about time you stopped getting short dicked and over charged for it, and blessed with the $$$ repairs and maintenance from piss poor designs coupled with hecho en Mexico componentry and corporate cost savings.

About time you get something worth your hard earned dollars.

Be gone fool, all hail the 427 cammer...that used cam bearings.

Link Posted: 10/31/2020 4:07:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Put a V8 in the new Bronco

View Quote

If they do it, I'll buy one or two.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 4:09:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Be gone fool, all hail the 427 cammer...that used cam bearings.

https://www.goldeagle.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/The-Cammer.jpg
View Quote

Yes.
Because those were installed in literally every F1shitty mustang and gas super duty produced from 04-current date...

Link Posted: 10/31/2020 4:17:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yes.
Because those were installed in literally every F1shitty mustang and gas super duty produced from 04-current date...

View Quote
Well they should be.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 4:20:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I eliminated start/stop along with a few other undesirable things with a $15 cable and a free program.
View Quote

Good man.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 5:39:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The 4.9L (pushrod) inline six, E4OD transmission, manual locking hubs, and limited slip was the best combo I've ever owned in a truck

Love,

Scourge

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/43446/f150_2-1492766.jpg

View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 5:41:09 PM EDT
[#7]
F-150 MasterRace.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 6:54:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well they should be.
View Quote

The 40 or 50 years of combustion chamber optimization piston design and variable cam timing will make more power and less emissions than that antique
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 8:12:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they had Ram's 5.7L Hemi with a ZF transmission in it, I'd be trying to talk myself out of paying whatever the cost of it was.

Though if we could play that game, I'd probably want GM's Hummer with Ford's 7.3L V8 in it. (again with a ZF on it)
Srs.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 10:03:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it happens in the next few years with Jeep saying they are putting the 6.4 (and possibly other V8 options) in the Wrangler.  Especially with Ford bringing a more compact V8 family to market.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top