It's so he can find out who his creepy neighbors are
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 4:30:50 PM EDT
[#6]
MG42 bunker.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 4:44:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't think so, because he's put water proofing material on the outside to keep it dry on the inside.
View Quote

Mehh I can see dumb ass code enforcement requiring it.

Around here you have to put ice a water shield on... Even if you use waterproof zip panels

Link Posted: 4/10/2023 5:31:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Swiveling gun emplacement.  This is the beginning of a new Maginot Line to keep out Californians.
View Quote

Maginot Line huh? Ya'll better start drafting up the surrender documents considering how well the last one worked.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 5:33:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Are you sure it's a house?
Tanks might be cisterns for water storage.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 5:35:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well, this isn't creepy.
View Quote

GD disappointed
Quoted:
Sex dungeon, for sure. It's round so he can't get cornered.
View Quote

LOL, thank you.
Quoted:
It's a pillbox.
View Quote

Probably the best answer so far.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 5:57:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Wait so are we all about individual property rights, or just about going around taking pictures of other people's shit now?

ARFCOM confuses me.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 6:04:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Wait so are we all about individual property rights, or just about going around taking pictures of other people's shit now?

ARFCOM confuses me.
View Quote

Hey man. I can see my neighbors helo pad and helicopter. Its about a mile and a half away on another mountain.  OP drove a few miles away and took the pics.

I have no problem with what my nieghbors have.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 6:07:29 PM EDT
[#13]
@MDI

I would say probably not, since we typically put the coatings on the INSIDE of tanks versus the exterior below grade waterproofing that is shown.

I'm betting on it just being a circular space / design feature.

I do know they need to get that waterproofing backfilled ASAP.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 6:09:40 PM EDT
[#14]
So using my experience of living in Utah through this entire real estate bullshit, I am going with:

A shit quality McMansion with every corner cut, Home Depot fixtures everywhere and the exterior just plastered with fake stone to hide all of the shit work like some sort of real estate Bondo. The circle is for a giant ass trampoline that no one will use after the first 3 months of living in the house.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 6:14:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
is it common when building a house in utah to have a damn crane?
View Quote

Doesn't matter where it is... if it makes sense in the schedule / budget / site plan then call out the crane!

Back when I did high end residential steel work we had a bit smaller, older crane truck that was powered by a monstrous big block ford with what were effectively zoomie headers on it.

The housewives fuckin' hated that truck!
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 6:17:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Is for skin lotion.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 6:26:36 PM EDT
[#17]
What does he know about ancient aliens?

Link Posted: 4/10/2023 6:30:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If its what I think it is, It's Mike Patey's pool/house build
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiBUh5v0icM

View Quote

Looks like it but I thought his was further along.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 6:30:38 PM EDT
[#19]
grain bin house. they're popular in utah.

Link Posted: 4/10/2023 6:39:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

ARFCOM confuses me.
View Quote

Property rights does not necessarily mean privacy. If your shit is visible from a public road, it isn't private.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 6:40:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Probably not the case but around where I live, if you’re far enough away from a water source and/or your house is of a certain square footage, they are making you have sprinklers throughout the home.  The option given to a certain new home project was to put in a water tank or a year ‘round swimming pool for the fire department to pump out of.  The homeowner I met with chose to install a swimming pool saying, “if they’re going to make me store the water, I’m going to enjoy it”.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 7:04:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Maybe they're astronomers?
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 7:10:01 PM EDT
[#23]
It's their own, personal sewage treatment plant.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 8:01:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So using my experience of living in Utah through this entire real estate bullshit, I am going with:

A shit quality McMansion with every corner cut, Home Depot fixtures everywhere and the exterior just plastered with fake stone to hide all of the shit work like some sort of real estate Bondo. The circle is for a giant ass trampoline that no one will use after the first 3 months of living in the house.
View Quote

Ya…not this development.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 8:12:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Swiveling gun emplacement.  This is the beginning of a new Maginot Line to keep out Californians.
View Quote

Avalanche control.  Telluride used to use twin 105mm Howitzers for this.

https://www.telluridenews.com/the_watch/news/article_a3c3c006-7899-57e9-bad9-2c8ba44ab06c.html

OP - don't worry, they'll go off so often you wont' even notice it after a while.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 8:23:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
is it common when building a house in utah to have a damn crane?
View Quote

Was gonna ask the same
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 8:27:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Looks like a round porch. That would be an extremely shitty foundation for a tank.

Looked closer I'm guessing that's vapor barrier turned up the stem wall. But it's still only a 6-8" cap on the wall. It's won't support a tank that size.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It looks just like a lot of the water tanks we have on the lower hills all over.  

I wonder if this guy is a serious prepper?

I'm talking about the round part with the suspended slab.

It looks like it's attached to the house.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/81840/IMG_4917_jpeg-2776716.JPG

Looks like a round porch. That would be an extremely shitty foundation for a tank.

Looked closer I'm guessing that's vapor barrier turned up the stem wall. But it's still only a 6-8" cap on the wall. It's won't support a tank that size.

Agreed.  I'd have to see the footer but agree with your assessment.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 8:44:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Music room.

Link Posted: 4/10/2023 8:45:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It’s tough to tell from the pic but I’d think it’s way too close to the rest of the house for that.
View Quote

You’d be surprised where helicopters can land.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 8:56:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Funny.. Utah no.... alpine lots going for 1-2 mill for 2 acres.... funny shit... no to the NOPE!
View Quote

But it’s 2 acres within 800 acres and only 57 lots. Sounds like the opposite of a hippie commune.

Montana has Stock Farms, Utah has Alpine?
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 9:12:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Spiral wine cellar.

Also...I want a spiral wine cellar.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 9:17:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

He was just out for a jog and stopped to look around. Happens all the time.
View Quote

You get shot for that, down here in Georgia.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 9:25:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Probably not the case but around where I live, if you’re far enough away from a water source and/or your house is of a certain square footage, they are making you have sprinklers throughout the home.  The option given to a certain new home project was to put in a water tank or a year ‘round swimming pool for the fire department to pump out of.  The homeowner I met with chose to install a swimming pool saying, “if they’re going to make me store the water, I’m going to enjoy it”.
View Quote

My first thought.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 9:26:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 9:40:01 PM EDT
[#35]
I don't know but when it takes a crane to build a house you know it's going to be a whopper.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 10:11:57 AM EDT
[#36]
You sure it isn't this?
Earthquake Proofing a Suspended Concrete Deck On a 3-Story Deep Pool | House Build #10

Link Posted: 4/15/2023 10:23:57 AM EDT
[#37]
you haven't walked over there and asked them yet?
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 10:30:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Looked closer I’m guessing that’s vapor barrier turned up the stem wall. But it’s still only a 6-8” cap on the wall. It’s won’t support a tank that size.
View Quote

That's to keep the water out.  That will also be where the backfill dirt will be.  The not blacked out areas of the concrete will be left uncovered by dirt/backfill.  Might be parged with stucco or stone.  

Round window wall facing the Sun?  A view?    The basement part of it might be used for a damn nice storm shelter/fall out shelter.   Being round does have some benefits towards strength and stuff.......I think.   I know I have built some hurricane "proof" homes and they used a lot of round walls and ceilings.  

Looks like a very nice place to live OP.

Link Posted: 4/15/2023 10:34:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Naval defense cannon, for after Oregon runs out of tectonic plate lube and the west coast falls into the ocean.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 10:38:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Looks like Tony Stark is your new neighbor. Congrats OP.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 10:49:53 AM EDT
[#41]

I bet it pisses him off looking out the window and seeing your trailer.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 10:50:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Avalanche control.  Telluride used to use twin 105mm Howitzers for this.

https://www.telluridenews.com/the_watch/news/article_a3c3c006-7899-57e9-bad9-2c8ba44ab06c.html

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2009/03/19/us/19alta-600.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp

OP - don't worry, they'll go off so often you wont' even notice it after a while.
View Quote

Remember when a resort launched an artillery shell over the mountain by accident?

https://www.deseret.com/2005/3/29/19883755/shell-shocked-errant-avalanche-bomb-rips-pleasant-grove-home
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 11:30:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Need a round room to do a circle jerk.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 12:10:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Is that Mike Pateys 3 story adjustable depth pool?
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 12:52:20 PM EDT
[#45]
I think it will be a glass walled sun room full of plants. Regardless,  it's a great example for me to mind my own business.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top