BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 8:38:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Shut it down.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 8:39:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Its funny when they admit they dont consider latin or hispanic people to be 'diverse'
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 8:39:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By:
What does it fucking matter?
View Quote

It’s 2022. Race is ALL that matters to these sick fucks.

Link Posted: 10/26/2022 8:40:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess the non-American born blacks ain't black enough?

Fuckin cornpop
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 8:40:51 PM EDT
[#5]
The Spanish people and Asians pushed the Blacks off the line up. We need an affiliative action plan to insure the “historical” participation of blacks.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 8:41:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh the humanity?
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 8:42:16 PM EDT
[#7]
There is no color in team. edit. Not sorted by color.

Link Posted: 10/26/2022 8:52:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 8:55:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How many latino players?
View Quote

I’d imagine a lot.

The stat I heard was that there were no “American born” blacks on these two teams.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 9:01:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Little league takes lots of dads.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 9:03:34 PM EDT
[#11]
White people obviously are superior athletes.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 9:04:27 PM EDT
[#12]
This never happened once during the Trump administration.

Link Posted: 10/26/2022 9:10:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
American youth baseball is EXPENSIVE. Those travel teams that draw the attention of college recruiters and pro scouts cost thousands of dollars a season.My friend payed $3000 for her 11 year old to play last year for about 3 months…Throw in the sheer politics of it where if a kid doesn’t have parents actively advocating for you to play it’s near impossible to get looks. Football and Basketball are just cheaper.Don’t get me wrong those travel teams and expensive “camps” are a thing there to but nothing like baseball and don’t get me started on soccer. It’s a cheap game to play but the amateur “system” they’ve built around it is ridiculously expensive. I was recruited to play travel baseball as teenager but my parents couldn’t afford it and that’s where my baseball dreams died.
View Quote

And yet there are numerous dirt poor central and South Americans that somehow manage to get noticed and make it. If you are good enough to play professional baseball, you will get found, America or elsewhere.

The only reason for this is that the majority of the best black athletes in America play football or basketball.

ETA we do live in a world of specialization, which is why it’s harder and harder to be a Frank Thomas (some don’t know he played TE at Auburn), Bo Jackson, and Deion Sanders.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 9:13:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Obvious african heritage but not enough apparently.

Link Posted: 10/26/2022 9:16:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
These people are off their rockers. Their is no way the Astros starting lineup doesn't have people with black skin on game 1. Or do they mean to say they don't count if they are from another country?

Roster
View Quote

Yep. Complete bullshit. Astros manager is Dusty Baker is a black man.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 9:17:05 PM EDT
[#16]
"It is somewhat startling that two cities that have high African American populations, there's not a single Black player."
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 9:24:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Well, apparently the teams with black players weren’t good enough to win.  

Link Posted: 10/26/2022 9:27:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Fuck. They've caught on to our wildly successful plan to keep them out of sports.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 9:34:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
American youth baseball is EXPENSIVE. Those travel teams that draw the attention of college recruiters and pro scouts cost thousands of dollars a season.My friend payed $3000 for her 11 year old to play last year for about 3 months…Throw in the sheer politics of it where if a kid doesn’t have parents actively advocating for you to play it’s near impossible to get looks. Football and Basketball are just cheaper.Don’t get me wrong those travel teams and expensive “camps” are a thing there to but nothing like baseball and don’t get me started on soccer. It’s a cheap game to play but the amateur “system” they’ve built around it is ridiculously expensive. I was recruited to play travel baseball as teenager but my parents couldn’t afford it and that’s where my baseball dreams died.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not sure if it is the same way all over the Country but it is very common for a 7yo to play baseball six days a week with a private hitting coach in Florida.

I think Hockey might be the only youth sport that might be more expensive in Florida. All the travel to the Northeast adds up.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 9:38:25 PM EDT
[#20]
‘Stros have Michael Brantley on the injured list
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 9:44:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
How many Native Americans? Indian? Asians? Inuit? Muslims? Trans? Gay? Handicapped? Veterans? Jewish?

We can do this all day.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 9:46:03 PM EDT
[#23]
I hadn’t noticed. But then again, I’m not a racist.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 9:51:48 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm not black and I don't want to watch boring ass baseball games either.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 9:52:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
These people are off their rockers. Their is no way the Astros starting lineup doesn't have people with black skin on game 1. Or do they mean to say they don't count if they are from another country?

Roster
View Quote

That's exactly what they mean.
Once again latins count however the wokists want them to count.
There will be negro players.
But America is racist.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 9:52:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Not sure if it is the same way all over the Country but it is very common for a 7yo to play baseball six days a week with a private hitting coach in Florida.

I think Hockey might be the only youth sport that might be more expensive in Florida. All the travel to the Northeast adds up.
View Quote

Baseball here in Florida is year round and serious business. People that live other places don’t understand. It’s not out of the question for a family to spend $10k or better with all the different leagues and travel play plus camps and private coaching.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 9:53:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
What about basketball?
View Quote

I wonder if there were any white b-ball players in the NBA finals this year. I really don't know, as I stopped watching the NBA years ago.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 9:55:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Basedball?
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 9:55:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Yorden Alvarez isn't black?
View Quote

Not when there's an agenda on the line.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 9:57:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
What does it fucking matter?
View Quote

The left just sees pro sports as government cheese so every identity group should get a piece of cheese, whether or not they can do the job is secondary.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 9:59:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Yorden Alvarez isn't black?
View Quote

White hispanic. Zim zam
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 9:59:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

And yet there are numerous dirt poor central and South Americans that somehow manage to get noticed and make it. If you are good enough to play professional baseball, you will get found, America or elsewhere.

The only reason for this is that the majority of the best black athletes in America play football or basketball.

ETA we do live in a world of specialization, which is why it’s harder and harder to be a Frank Thomas (some don’t know he played TE at Auburn), Bo Jackson, and Deion Sanders.
View Quote

Those Latin American countries have their own amateur sports system that is completely different than in the US. In the US in order for a kid to get eyes on and get noticed it takes alot more than just playing on their high school team. Here in Florida if a kid isn’t playing 10 months out of the year on different teams he won’t get noticed.Parents drop major bucks to put their kids in front of the right crowds.Football and Basketball still heavily rely on the High Schools but baseball is something else entirely.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 10:02:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Basedball?
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/26/2022 10:05:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Oops, wrong thread.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 10:14:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Bob Kendrick likes to get his name out in the media, its part of his job to promote the Negro Leagues Hall of Fame. He’s virtue signaling to get feet in the door. I don’t see racism anywhere, especially in professional sports.

“We still have more work to do” lol  

Link Posted: 10/26/2022 10:23:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Does this mean that there will be fewer stolen bases?

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 10:35:15 PM EDT
[#37]
We need more of this type of outreach. NSFW
Eastbound and Down - Kenny Powers' Extra Innings After School Baseball Camp - motivational speech

Kenny powers kid steals baseball gear hahaha s04e05

Link Posted: 10/26/2022 10:36:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Those Latin American countries have their own amateur sports system that is completely different than in the US. In the US in order for a kid to get eyes on and get noticed it takes alot more than just playing on their high school team. Here in Florida if a kid isn’t playing 10 months out of the year on different teams he won’t get noticed.Parents drop major bucks to put their kids in front of the right crowds.Football and Basketball still heavily rely on the High Schools but baseball is something else entirely.
View Quote

I live in Florida. I played with and against a number of players that were drafted/played in the MLB. It has changed some since I played, no doubt, but if a kid truly has the ability to play in the MLB, travel ball is not going to be the deciding factor.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 10:43:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Sounds like that racist pos was assuming everyone’s ethnicity based simply on the color of their birth skin.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 10:47:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I live in Florida. I played with and against a number of players that were drafted/played in the MLB. It has changed some since I played, no doubt, but if a kid truly has the ability to play in the MLB, travel ball is not going to be the deciding factor.
View Quote

It doesn’t matter how good a kid is any sport really…In today’s world a kid needs massive amounts of exposure and an adult advocating for them.Without that they’re not going anywhere.Some of the best players I’ve ever seen didn’t go past high school because they didn’t have the support necessary.Parents throw alot of money around in amateur sports and for that money they expect their kids to play.There are exceptions but that’s just the way things have gone.The best players don’t always make the team in amateur sports.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 11:02:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It doesn’t matter how good a kid is any sport really…In today’s world a kid needs massive amounts of exposure and an adult advocating for them.Without that they’re not going anywhere.Some of the best players I’ve ever seen didn’t go past high school because they didn’t have the support necessary.Parents throw alot of money around in amateur sports and for that money they expect their kids to play.There are exceptions but that’s just the way things have gone.The best players don’t always make the team in amateur sports.
View Quote

Hyperbole. Sure it matters how good a kid is. And many, many kids (perhaps most) who make it don’t have the level of support you describe. There is more exposure than ever before.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 11:30:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

The travel team thing is to sell playing travel ball. If you really want a kid to get seen by the right people in colleges go to a summer camp. Most colleges have sports summer camps for kid. The kid will also learn what skills are important at the next level.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 11:41:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I heard that the NFL Wives Club is being sued for lack of diversity.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 11:54:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Disqualify both teams or better yet, all teams until

They have an ethnic composition that reflects the United States
Has more LBGTQ... flavors than Baskin Robins Ice Cream.
Must include undecided
Must include half-baked (unfinished)
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 12:05:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
How many latino players?
View Quote

Most i would guess
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 12:07:21 AM EDT
[#46]

"It is somewhat startling that two cities that have high African American populations, there's not a single Black player."
View Quote

That guy is a fucking retard. It's like they don't know what to do if something isn't actually racist. So they make shit up to make it appear racist, just so they have an outlet for their anger.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 12:09:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Who cares??

Just like all those basketball finals with only whitey
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 12:10:30 AM EDT
[#48]
The Astros' manager is racist against blacks.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 12:34:21 AM EDT
[#49]
Uh oh.

Now, I suppose the MLB will get down on their knees, apologize, and play the Black National Anthem before the game.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 12:43:04 AM EDT
[#50]

We need more baseball fields in the ghettos.  I hope somebody recognizes this problems and puts our tax dollars to work.  Such a travesty in 2022 America....heartbreaking, really.

I will not rest until the only thing I see is black people on TV, in every public office, in every management and corporate position in every small business or corporation in America
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top