Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 13
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 1:04:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
God no. What a sinkhole that program was.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 5:53:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Is that a doctored picture?
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 5:59:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Is that a doctored picture?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Do you think that is Obama and Lil Kim?

Lolololololololol
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 6:09:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Lolololololololol
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Lolololololololol
I'm thinking holy shit at what a missed opportunity for him to mysteriously disappear.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 8:12:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm thinking holy shit at what a missed opportunity for him to mysteriously disappear.
View Quote
Which one?
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 8:36:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Which one?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which one?
Yes.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 9:06:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yes.
View Quote
Thought so.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 9:29:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Is Ann Margaret coming?
View Quote
She's not even breathing hard.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 9:37:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Read more, post less.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can't possibly be serious?  Everything's working as planned?   NK is getting to test nukes and missiles without repercussion until they have perfected their craft.  I don't exactly think that's the best case scenario or as planned.

Kim is rational?  You lose ALL credibility there.  Sending an assassin to another country to off a relative, executing large swaths of people because they advocate a different policy than you want, etc etc.  Sorry buddy you're either Korean and have some vested interest in NK or crazy yourself.
Read more, post less.
Do you have something intelligent to add to the discussion?  Either rebutt my points like an adult or keep your worthless trash post to yourself.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 10:00:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Right now Kim has no oil coming into his country, he has no exports going out (that bring in cold cash, that help fund his missiles and lifestyle). Perfected their craft? This isn't art, its science. He's tossing missiles now just to make political points, not for testing value. And even if he ramped up production and created a working ICBM that could carry the warhead, he still needs to make numerous warheads and numerous missiles in a redundant fashion and sprinkle them in highly defended areas all over NK before it becomes a real nuclear deterrent. In the mean time, no oil, no exports, currency is skyrocketing from hyperinflation, their economy will crack, they're already in the start of another famine and now they just lost the oil they need to run farming vehicles, their industry is going to grind to a halt because nobody is going to have any fuel.

If you can't see this as bad because in your mind bad only means violence, that's just your poor education. There are ways to destroy a country without a single bullet or missile being fired at it. Those measures are currently being used against NK. Because Trump did what no previous had the balls to do, blackmail China with threat of tariffs if they didn't play ball.

How do you know his brother wasn't already instigating a coup? Kim did what a million and one other monarchs did, he secured his crown by removing a potential rival. Murdering his brother was possibly the sanest and most rational thing he could have done, had he not done it, his ass would already have been murdered and replaced, especially since the brother in question was the original heir apparent to Kim Jung Il. But you knew that right? You knew the history of the succession of the Kim dynasty, how Kim Jung Un came to power, and the role his brothers played, right? Of course you didn't.

Executed large swathes of people? Who? I know exactly who he executed. They were ministers and their immediate supporters who pissed off the OGD faction who fought against them through court intrigue, triumphed, and then had their rival ministers executed when they told their puppet to kill his own uncle. Did you know the primary faction culled was the one who were friendly to China? No, because you know fuck all about NK history.

Removing "traitorous" ministers is SOP for those sorts of govt, you don't just get rid of one person, you get rid of their entourages too, destroy their families, kill anyone who possibly might seek revenge. Or else you're asking for trouble. That's how monarchies have played it since history has been record, that's how it works in NK, which is more a brutal monarchy than a communist dystopia.

Not Korean, just crazy smart. Smart enough to know when someone is acting a role and when they aren't. Smart enough to know the politics of what is happening behind the current and what isnt'. I bet you also think reality tv is real and WWE is real.

Kim's act is artificial, its acting. He dresses and looks near identical to Kim Il Sung and this is an act. He blusters and says crazy shit, because that is an act. He threatens because that is an act. Its all acting. Better yet, its puppetry, being down by the hardliner faction of the OGD (not that you have a clue what that is). The point is that you fell for it all because "a sucker is born every day." And that's why Kim did it, because he can act crazy enough to trick people into thinking he is something more than he really is.

What Kim Jung Un really is, he's the modern Pharaoh. The modern Byzantine Emperor. The modern Chinese emperor. He's a godhead, with untold power, constrained by court politics, succeeded purely by blood, supported by ministers who tell him what to say, do, feel. In reward for doing what the ministers tell him (who actually run the country), Kim gets booze, pussy, great living conditions, devotions and worship of the population. His ministers bow and scrape to him even though they still have power over him. Go watch the movie The Last Emperor, that might unfuck you.

Unless of course you believe the third son of Kim Jung Il, completely untried, who had a whopping two years of preparation to becoming head of state, is some sort of political prodigy even though his upbringing and preparation did not include ANYTHING to prep him for holding any office, let alone the highest. Mind you, in comparison, his father Kim Jung Il served as Kim Il Sung's right hand man for fucking DECADES before finally assuming the throne at the ripe age of 56 years old. And how old was the pudgy inexperienced naive Kim Jung Un when he took over? 26 years old. And by that point he couldn't exactly follow dad around to learn from him, since dad was bedridden for years before he died. So where did he learn? He didn't. He just does what the OGD tell him to do, say what they tell him to say. Hell, the nuclear script he's following right now was written by his father, who CREATED THE OGD JUST FOR THIS PURPOSE. Secure the succession, get nukes to permanently protect the People's Democratic Republic of North Korea.

The one thing they didn't count on was Donald Trump tossing a stick into their spokes.
View Quote
Reality is you KNOW nothing about his motives, you're putting a spin on it based off your view.  The facts we know are their missile tech has been good enough for delivery for years and only lacking the experience you only get from doing your own launches and extrapolating data.  Right now he's getting free launch and nuke testing with no repercussions. I don't see his behavior improving once he's fully nuclear.   He hasn't shown restraint in his dealings despite your adoring opinion is of him.   This isn't Kabuki theatre where everyone goes back home when its over and pretends nothing happened.  Perhaps you're a fan of the Iran deal as well?  Less countries with nuke is more better.  Allowing nutjobs to extort food, etc and still allowing them to keep progressing their nuke program? Thanks but no thanks.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 11:02:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is Ann Margaret coming?
Would it be inappropriate to admit the above exchange brought to mind the white pillow and baked bean scene in Tommy?

Damn, I 'm getting old.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:52:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Reality is you KNOW nothing about his motives, you're putting a spin on it based off your view.  The facts we know are their missile tech has been good enough for delivery for years and only lacking the experience you only get from doing your own launches and extrapolating data.  Right now he's getting free launch and nuke testing with no repercussions. I don't see his behavior improving once he's fully nuclear.   He hasn't shown restraint in his dealings despite your adoring opinion is of him.   This isn't Kabuki theatre where everyone goes back home when its over and pretends nothing happened.  Perhaps you're a fan of the Iran deal as well?  Less countries with nuke is more better.  Allowing nutjobs to extort food, etc and still allowing them to keep progressing their nuke program? Thanks but no thanks.
View Quote
"getting free launch and nuke testing with no repercussions"

Free launches? As in nobody paid? No repercussions? The sanctions and embargoes I've talked about and linked previously for sources (which you didn't read) said otherwise. This isn't Kabuki theater? Are you sure? You mean Kim Jung Un isn't styling himself IDENTICALLY on the outward appearance and speaking habits of Kim Il Sung?

We're going to see what happens with Iran because as soon as Trump is done with NK he's going to move on them next. He only did NK first because NK was on the verge of ICBM tech, so they were the priority. Mattis has a giant hard on for Iran too, he's the mastermind behind what is happening, I trust him, Trump trusts him.

Meanwhile, let's talk about you. What makes any part of your opinion valid regarding this subject? Without searching google really quick, could you tell me which wife of Kim Jung Il was the mother of Kim Jung Un? No, you couldn't. Could you tell me why Kim Jong Nam was removed from his role as heir apparent? No, you couldn't. Can you tell me what was the defect of Kim Jong-chul as to why he was passed over in lieu of his younger brother? No, you couldn't. Could you tell me what OGD stands for, what they do, and the role they play in the NK govt? No, you couldn't. Could you explain what "Military First" is in relation to NK? No, you couldn't. Can you tell me who Jang Song-thaek and why he was executed? No, you couldn't. Why? Because you're ignorant.

But there is one thing you're apparently knowledgeable and good at. Critical Theory. Congrats on mastering the debating method of the Marxists.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:55:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Boy, am I glad I didn't piss gasoline on that fire
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 11:01:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Boy, am I glad I didn't piss gasoline on that fire
View Quote
I thought you pissed nitromethane?
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 11:03:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I thought you pissed nitromethane?
View Quote
Hehe
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 11:19:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Do you have something intelligent to add to the discussion?  Either rebutt my points like an adult or keep your worthless trash post to yourself.
View Quote
Hey, now, you're the one who accused Steinhab of being a North Korean.

My point is that you've got no point. Your "points" are completely incredulous and incoherent. Now, you can wade in here like the expert you suggest you are and explain why the Kims are operating completely incompatibly with prior Nork behavior, or you can listen to some of the people, who after about 30 seconds, you'll note have studied this problem both personally and professionally for a long time and figure out your assessment is nearly 180 degrees out from reality.

Indeed, I would suggest the only value of your post is how our less informed policy makers and politicians arrive at their "Norks are irrational!!!!" soundbites, when the reality is precisely the opposite. The Norks are immensely rational, within the constraints of their regime, and their success in deterring us is apparent day in and out. The Norks are immensely fearful of regime change historically from the US, and increasingly from their Chinese and Russian allies, with whom their relationship is far from transparent. Indeed, I think its very fair to state that certain parts of the Chinese government have very divergent views on North Korea...I can see where the military and diplomatic peeps want the Nork buffer state, while the economic and social people would love to see a Korean state, with whom the Chinese historically have had a very close relationship, emerge as buffer to Japan and the US, whom the Chinese often view are implacably hostile (in the case of Japan) or stupid and immensely strong (the U.S.) Personally, I can see the Chinese really desiring a non-nuclear armed Korea without American forces on Pen, and willing to deliver the Norks to the ROK in exchange for the end of the ROK-US alliance. I doubt the ROKs would go for it, but the anti-US lefties in the ROK certainly would.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 11:29:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Oh, fun...a counterproliferation discussion....

@sylvan
@limaxray

We, specifically the Democratic Party and State, though I repeat myself, made the decision explicitly to allow the Norks to proliferate, because we weren't going to bomb Yongbyon in 1994 once it was clear that the Koreans were interested in mastering the fuel cycle. Now, it would be nice to travel back in time, but that ship sailed over 20 years ago.

Of course, what behavior should be deterring? Both parties have accepted kinetic attacks on Americans due to a fear of widening war for decades, at least in my memory, going back to the Pueblo and EC-121 shootdown, in the specific case of North Korea, to say nothing of the EFPs in Iraq, Pak malign influence in Afghanistan or any other of a 1000 incidents we can think up. Point being, we've been accepting of probing attacks on us for long time. If nothing else, I love Trump because it seems like the more kinetic attacks seem to have decreased because no one, friend or foe, really knows what Trump's red line for action is.

It would be nice to keep the Norks from exporting nuke tech, but 60% of that is human capital that extraordinarily difficult to control.

So what is the Tarfin strategy? An open-ended occupation of North Korea that none of allies want and the Chinese would probably freak the fuck out about and make very difficult for us?
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 11:47:26 AM EDT
[#18]
While I won't argue with most of Steinhab's conclusions on the macro, I doubt his assertion that the latest sanctions will cripple the Norks at least in the short to medium turn as I fully expect that the Iranians will keep the Norks afloat to use them for any technological and/or mass production capabilities that , should they undertake themselves, would bring the wrath of Trump immediately down on them.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 11:57:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
While I won't argue with most of Steinhab's conclusions on the macro, I doubt his assertion that the latest sanctions will cripple the Norks at least in the short to medium turn as I fully expect that the Iranians will keep the Norks afloat to use them for any technological and/or mass production capabilities that , should they undertake themselves, would bring the wrath of Trump immediately down on them.
View Quote
I wonder at what point we would consider a naval blockade of NC? A very 'provocative' step but it has worked for us before, i.e. the Cuban missile crisis.
Not advocating for this just thinking out loud. China's reaction would be the key on if a blockade would have the desired effect.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 12:04:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I wonder at what point we would consider a naval blockade of NC? A very 'provocative' step but it has worked for us before, i.e. the Cuban missile crisis.
Not advocating for this just thinking out loud. China's reaction would be the key on if a blockade would have the desired effect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not knowing whether there are pipelines in place to furnish oil, we could stop all tanker deliveries of oil but as I understand it, they have coal for export so I guess they could use that to various degrees for replacement fuel for heating and power generation at least. Food and fuel might be seriously curtailed I guess at least in the short term until a workaround can be found but the PR of starving , freezing Nork families will be brutal.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 1:00:48 PM EDT
[#21]
So.  Our endgame (obviously) includes removal of the nuclear threat.
What about the OGD?  Do they have to go also?
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 1:56:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
We have no real way of doing that. Likely the faction is too entrenched to remove them outright but they could be reduced in power should their plan backfire (which it has the possibility to do now). The military option isn't off the table but its still so costly that most acknowledge that it isn't a real credible threat. So the only way we truly have to hurt NK enough to cut their nukes and reshuffle their govt involves diplomacy, which primarily means getting China to play ball.

We were able to get the UN ban against NK exports, which supposed the Chinese are following. That was a good step because this equated to about $1 billion a year in cash. We are supposedly also pressuring China to cut oil exports to NK, as well as limit shell company imports of Russian oil through Singapore. Some open sources are saying its working, other are saying the Chinese aren't actually playing ball, or that the NK have implemented means of getting around it. However, if Oilprice.com knows this, Trump, McMaster, Mattis, Tillerson, they all know it too. If we had the clout to get China to play ball once we can do it again, because after all everything is happening purely because one president finally has the balls to play hardball against NK and China. So for now, until he proves otherwise, I'll trust him to at the very least do the best he can to remove the threat of NK nukes.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 2:02:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If we attempted a naval blockade of China, that would mean we sink a Chinese flagged vessel trying to break it to deliver fuel to NK? That's an act of war and means we can start WWIII. China knows this, which is why they would deviantly break the blockade, because the alternative is for a US Navy ship to sink them and that can't happen.  

Besides, China gets oil to NK through existing land oil pipelines. A large reason the PLA is deployed on the border is to prevent a UN force from possibly trying to do it for security measures. "Don't worry, we got this secured already," they say while they still try to sneak oil to NK.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 2:07:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
We have no real way of doing that. Likely the faction is too entrenched to remove them outright but they could be reduced in power should their plan backfire (which it has the possibility to do now). The military option isn't off the table but its still so costly that most acknowledge that it isn't a real credible threat. So the only way we truly have to hurt NK enough to cut their nukes and reshuffle their govt involves diplomacy, which primarily means getting China to play ball.

We were able to get the UN ban against NK exports, which supposed the Chinese are following. That was a good step because this equated to about $1 billion a year in cash. We are supposedly also pressuring China to cut oil exports to NK, as well as limit shell company imports of Russian oil through Singapore. Some open sources are saying its working, other are saying the Chinese aren't actually playing ball, or that the NK have implemented means of getting around it. However, if Oilprice.com knows this, Trump, McMaster, Mattis, Tillerson, they all know it too. If we had the clout to get China to play ball once we can do it again, because after all everything is happening purely because one president finally has the balls to play hardball against NK and China. So for now, until he proves otherwise, I'll trust him to at the very least do the best he can to remove the threat of NK nukes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting, thanks.

Is it safe to assume that Russia is doing all it can to keep this going?
All things considered, it's what I'd do were the roles reversed
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 2:13:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Interesting, thanks.

Is it safe to assume that Russia is doing all it can to keep this going?
All things considered, it's what I'd do were the roles reversed
View Quote
Neither China or Russia will kowtow to the US. They haven't in the past, they wont in the future. Their people don't like us, they don't like us, they both have many reasons to not like us, and we them. Even if Trump makes a deal with Xi and the PRC or with Putin and Russia, both are inclined and encouraged to continue fucking with us. They will throw sticks in our spokes every chance they can get. But that's just geopolitics, the more they fuck with us the weaker the US looks and that is a win for them.

Imagine if you are doing business with someone you hate but you already decided you are going to make a deal because it just makes fiscal sense. That wont stop you from fucking with them as much as possible along the way enjoying them squirming, making them look weaker, impotent, getting them to rage out unnecessarily, make concessions they would never normally make.

But who holds the real cards? Who is more powerful? The US or Russian or China? Regardless of how weak the US has become since Obama assumed office, we still hold MASSIVE leverage over other nations so in the end if we really want something to happen and are willing to go the distance we can achieve it. That's what power really is, making other people do things they don't want but you do.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 2:25:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Neither China or Russia will kowtow to the US. They haven't in the past, they wont in the future. Their people don't like us, they don't like us, they both have many reasons to not like us, and we them. Even if Trump makes a deal with Xi and the PRC or with Putin and Russia, both are inclined and encouraged to continue fucking with us. They will throw sticks in our spokes every chance they can get. But that's just geopolitics, the more they fuck with us the weaker the US looks and that is a win for them.

Imagine if you are doing business with someone you hate but you already decided you are going to make a deal because it just makes fiscal sense. That wont stop you from fucking with them as much as possible along the way enjoying them squirming, making them look weaker, impotent, getting them to rage out unnecessarily, make concessions they would never normally make.

But who holds the real cards? Who is more powerful? The US or Russian or China? Regardless of how weak the US has become since Obama assumed office, we still hold MASSIVE leverage over other nations so in the end if we really want something to happen and are willing to go the distance we can achieve it. That's what power really is, making other people do things they don't want but you do.
View Quote
More to your point, it ultimately is a question of what North Korea is worth to us. If we lifted sanctions on Russia, they close that land border tomorrow. But, is the pain we inflict on them for their actions in Crimea/Ukraine worth their coordination on North Korea.

With the Chinese, we've been selling them our tools for coercion for two decades. But we certainly could hurt them if we wanted. But is the view worth the climb?
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 2:34:42 PM EDT
[#27]
On tonight's episode of "Keeping Up With The Kims".....
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 2:42:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Snip...

We're going to see what happens with Iran because as soon as Trump is done with NK he's going to move on them next. He only did NK first because NK was on the verge of ICBM tech, so they were the priority. Mattis has a giant hard on for Iran too, he's the mastermind behind what is happening, I trust him, Trump trusts him.

Snip...
View Quote
The problem is, there are more Trump advisors that want to leave the Iran Deal intact than those who want to bust it up.  He's going to have to go it alone unfortunately.  I'm sure Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell will be on the status quo side.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 2:43:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
More to your point, it ultimately is a question of what North Korea is worth to us. If we lifted sanctions on Russia, they close that land border tomorrow. But, is the pain we inflict on them for their actions in Crimea/Ukraine worth their coordination on North Korea.

With the Chinese, we've been selling them our tools for coercion for two decades. But we certainly could hurt them if we wanted. But is the view worth the climb?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree, Trump really is a day late and a dollar short when it comes to options. Because of past presidential fuck ups, his options are severely limited. Clinton could have fixed this shit easily but he was in bed with the Chinese who at that time were the patrons of NK (through Jang Song-thaek) so there was no way he was going to have the balls to piss off China at the same time he was getting bribed by them in the millions. Bush was bogged down in Iraq and Obama was worse than Clinton and a bigger pussy.

I'd love for the US to pull off a diplomatic solution now, we have a shot at it, that we're going for it despite the challenges is impressive and shows that regardless of naysayers, the most presidential of presidents of the last 30 years is Donald Trump. I hope he is able to keep up the pressure, and strangle the North Koreans with an economic/oil blockade and pressure them enough for a coup (which I am still thinking is the primary strategy). And it could work. But it might not. And if it doesn't, at least he gave it a real shot.

But I'd rather he didn't destroy his presidency starting a nuclear war, he has a lot more important things to do domestically if he really intends to save this country from itself and prevent a civil war/balkanization.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 2:45:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The problem is, there are more Trump advisors that want to leave the Iran Deal intact than those who want to bust it up.  He's going to have to go it alone unfortunately.  I'm sure Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell will be on the status quo side.
View Quote
Neither Paul Ryan or Mitch McConnell are advisers. The primary adviser Trump listens to is Mattis, and Mattis got fired by the Obama adminsitration as CENTCOM commander because of the fucked up nature of the Iran Deal. The President holds many cards when it comes to the Iran deal, altering it through EOs, and the only way that he could be restrained would be like the latest sanction bill that limited Presidential interference with Russia sanctions (which I still think could possibly end up causing WWIII).
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 3:10:59 PM EDT
[#31]
I am a huge Trump supporter, but he got punked out on this one. Pretty embarrassing.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 3:12:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I am a huge Trump supporter, but he got punked out on this one. Pretty embarrassing.
View Quote
Elaborate.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 3:21:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Elaborate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Elaborate.
I susect this is the reference 

"North Korea best not make any more threats to the United States. They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen …"

it it was just tough talk
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 4:28:30 PM EDT
[#34]
keep me out of nuke discussions unless you want to pay me.  paychecks take the fun out of everything.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 4:37:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

"North Korea best not make any more threats to the United States. They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen …"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Elaborate.

I don't think it was.  Remember his tweet about "at least china tried"?  We had no context but certainly the norks and chinese knew what it meant.  A lot of this is no doubt related to things we aren't seeing in the news.

In the end, it's about who backs the norks.  They can throw all the hissy fits, launch all the missiles they want.  They even sank a ROK ship a few years back and got away with it.  But the only reason they got away with it is because we let them.   We could flatten them in a few days but what are the chinese and russians going to do about it?
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 4:53:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not really as it went over Japan and landed in the water. Japan didn't shoot it down because they said the trajectory was going to put it over Japan anyways. Trump didn't do anything because it wasn't directed at us. Kim is trying to trigger Trump into flinching and it didn't work. Why do you think Kim didn't send it towards Guam.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 4:53:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
South Korea holds live-fire drills that simulate destroying North Korea's leadership

*Disregard that its CNN, I just posted the first one I could find, they all are copying and pasting the same SK govt press release info.

Now a lot of you are going to read this and think, "That's it? That's all they do, just drop some bombs on established bombing range within their own country? Pussies!"

But this is just part of negotiations. South Korea is hinting of a military strike to take out Kim himself (if they can somehow PID his location and penetration ADA). But this is just a reply. They are calling Kim's bet. Next the US will say something damning about the stakes, something like "We will not stand for further threats" or something similar.

Now after this, Kim has to escalate, he needs to raise it again or else he has to fold. So he'll likely do something similar, launch another missile, author some state media press release calling for nuclear war and raining death on the USA. But eventually it'll come down to one last bet. We'll basically dare NK to actually attack anyone else while telling them we will use nukes if they do. And again, Kim back down. And thus will end round 2 of saber rattling. And his position will get weaker as his ministers realize that their great plan is going to cause the destruction of their country.

All of this of course hedges that China continues to play ball. If they bail out, then we have no diplomatic option. But if Trump was credible enough with Xi threatening trade tariffs should they not play ball, then I think Xi will go along with it because NK with nukes or without nukes really doesn't interfere with his 5-20 year plan.
View Quote
I don't see this. Trump went on international TV saying 'Do this again and we will kill you.'

Kim said fuck you and did it anyway. And now we are left looking like prison bitches that got punked out by the fat kid.

Moral of the story: don't talk shit you won't back up.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 4:53:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah, taken out of context that does look bad. But that's like you and me bowing up at a bar tonight and me saying I'll kick your ass if you say another word. You then remain silent for three weeks before you finally talk to someone. Does that mean I'm still supposed to kick your ass?

Its just talk. Its just diplomacy. Trump was referencing that round of saber rattling which ended when Kim Jung Un backed down (because we called him on his bluff). We'll do it again now.

Nobody should think a tweet is going to stop any of this, or the threat of military force is going to stop NK from proceeding with establishing a nuclear deterrent. That's not how this works. Trump obviously lacks the political capital to start a war simply to remove NK's nuclear program. But, he can used diplomatic means to do that. Kim's response is to proceed as best as he can to continue developing nukes while suffering the consequences of the economic sanctions/embargoes placed against him. So he saber rattles.

Best way to imagine this would be "What if Obama was in charge?" After the second missile launch he would have backed the fuck off and said to himself, "North Korea isn't worth the hit I'll take for starting a war, let alone one with nuclear missiles. Instead I'll just bow out, step away, and kick the can for my predecessor to deal with.

Is Trump doing that? Fuck no. He's dealing with it, especially hard since now the military option is basically as limited as it has ever been, courtesy of the Democratic Party of the US.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 5:00:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I don't see this. Trump went on international TV saying 'Do this again and we will kill you.'

Kim said fuck you and did it anyway. And now we are left looking like prison bitches that got punked out by the fat kid.

Moral of the story: don't talk shit you won't back up.
View Quote
No, Trump went on television for the LAST round of saber rattling and said if you do anything offensively, we will kill you. Kim didn't say fuck you, Kim backed the fuck off and its the reason he waited three weeks before stepping up again. Now he is stepping up round 2, a completely separate pissing contest. And then we escalate, then he does, then we finally toss down an ultimatum, "Well, launch then, see what happens..." He doesn't though, because at that point and time if he risks it he causes war. So he waits till tempers lower, for the heat to drop, before he starts shit again.

You like prison bitch metaphors. I'm the toughest guy in the yard and you step to me. After much words I finally give you the last ultimatum to throw down. I got a shiv in my hand and a giant vein in my forehead is throbbing as I trace the shiv's blade against your tender soft carotid. So you back off, because you're actually too scared to throw down even though you talk mad shit. If you come back three weeks later, after my shiv is hidden again, when my forehead vein is no longer engorged, and then you step to again, I'm not the one who looks like the bitch.

Link Posted: 8/31/2017 5:03:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes.

That was pathetic.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 5:15:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yeah, taken out of context that does look bad. But that's like you and me bowing up at a bar tonight and me saying I'll kick your ass if you say another word. You then remain silent for three weeks before you finally talk to someone. Does that mean I'm still supposed to kick your ass?

Its just talk. Its just diplomacy. Trump was referencing that round of saber rattling which ended when Kim Jung Un backed down (because we called him on his bluff). We'll do it again now.

Nobody should think a tweet is going to stop any of this, or the threat of military force is going to stop NK from proceeding with establishing a nuclear deterrent. That's not how this works. Trump obviously lacks the political capital to start a war simply to remove NK's nuclear program. But, he can used diplomatic means to do that. Kim's response is to proceed as best as he can to continue developing nukes while suffering the consequences of the economic sanctions/embargoes placed against him. So he saber rattles.

Best way to imagine this would be "What if Obama was in charge?" After the second missile launch he would have backed the fuck off and said to himself, "North Korea isn't worth the hit I'll take for starting a war, let alone one with nuclear missiles. Instead I'll just bow out, step away, and kick the can for my predecessor to deal with.

Is Trump doing that? Fuck no. He's dealing with it, especially hard since now the military option is basically as limited as it has ever been, courtesy of the Democratic Party of the US.
View Quote
Now you are being silly. We aren't talking about a one-off drunken comment in a bar, we are talking about what EVERYONE assumed was a serious and final ultimatum. It wasn't a 'shut up bro', it was 'if you touch my kid again I will kill you.' Except the fat kid laughed and grabbed anyway, and we are left sputtering about how they better not do it again, because this time we really mean it.

I like Trump, but the fat kid made him (and all of us who support him) his bitch. The secret to bluff8ng is to never bluff. Don't talk shit you are not prepared to follow through on.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 5:20:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

No, Trump went on television for the LAST round of saber rattling and said if you do anything offensively, we will kill you. Kim didn't say fuck you, Kim backed the fuck off and its the reason he waited three weeks before stepping up again. Now he is stepping up round 2, a completely separate pissing contest. And then we escalate, then he does, then we finally toss down an ultimatum, "Well, launch then, see what happens..." He doesn't though, because at that point and time if he risks it he causes war. So he waits till tempers lower, for the heat to drop, before he starts shit again.

You like prison bitch metaphors. I'm the toughest guy in the yard and you step to me. After much words I finally give you the last ultimatum to throw down. I got a shiv in my hand and a giant vein in my forehead is throbbing as I trace the shiv's blade against your tender soft carotid. So you back off, because you're actually too scared to throw down even though you talk mad shit. If you come back three weeks later, after my shiv is hidden again, when my forehead vein is no longer engorged, and then you step to again, I'm not the one who looks like the bitch.

http://e.lvme.me/v8ccqht.jpg
View Quote
You might have a point, except NK didn't even wait a week before carrying on as always.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 6:26:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Now you are being silly. We aren't talking about a one-off drunken comment in a bar, we are talking about what EVERYONE assumed was a serious and final ultimatum. It wasn't a 'shut up bro', it was 'if you touch my kid again I will kill you.' Except the fat kid laughed and grabbed anyway, and we are left sputtering about how they better not do it again, because this time we really mean it.

I like Trump, but the fat kid made him (and all of us who support him) his bitch. The secret to bluff8ng is to never bluff. Don't talk shit you are not prepared to follow through on.
View Quote
Bluff? You mean the way Trump and Mattis bluffed Kim when he threatened Guam? What happened to Guam? Remember Guam? Kim threatened to shoot ballistic missiles at Guam, remember that? Then he didn't do anything for weeks then launched a missile nowhere near anything. Remember that?

Business Insider remembered too: Kim Jong Un reportedly withdraws threat to shoot missiles toward Guam
The Atlantic remembered too: Why North Korea Walked Back Its Threat on Guam

Who da bitch now yo?
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 6:28:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
You might have a point, except NK didn't even wait a week before carrying on as always.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://e.lvme.me/v8ccqht.jpg
The NK Guam bluff happened earlier in the month when they got shut the fuck down. They launched again at nothing a few days ago. Back where I'm from more than 7 days means a week, multiple of those makes week into weeks (plural).
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 6:41:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Kim vows more rocket tests. A statement said there would be 'more ballistic rocket launching drills with the Pacific as a target in the future.'

Link

Hwasong-12 Info

The Hwasong-12  rocket that was launched over Japan.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/nintchdbpict000348960677.jpg?strip=all&w=739

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/nintchdbpict000348960675.jpg?strip=all&w=739

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/nintchdbpict000348960728.jpg?strip=all&w=740

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/nintchdbpict000348954673.jpg?strip=all&w=960

North Korea has released pictures of Kim-Jong-un overseeing the latest missile test that saw a rocket fly directly over Japan.
View Quote
Are they even advanced enough to know where the fucking thing was going to land before they touched off the powder?
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 6:43:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm not sure what's going on, exactly, because they don't let me attend the proper meetings.

One thing I do remember from the whole Iraq thing, though, is the plethora of experts and retired generals flooding the airways with doom and gloom because nobody was doing anything right and we were gonna get our asses handed to us.

Then, several weeks later....

ATM, I'm inclined to wait awhile to see whether we're actually going to rain fire and salt down on NK, in whatever form. You don't conduct business or wars by telegraphing your punches.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 5:54:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I hope not. That is how wars get started. Also would put our economy in the shitter overnight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If China wanted this to stop, it would stop.

If China wanted Kim gone, he'd be gone.

Kim is doing/being exactly what China wants him to do/be.
This is why Trump ouhgt to tweet or make an off-hand comment at a press conference that he is looking at putting sanctions on China if they don't rein in Kim.
I hope not. That is how wars get started. Also would put our economy in the shitter overnight.
This was a "dead mike" moment.

Link Posted: 9/1/2017 6:04:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
What if it was a failed nuke launch?

what if a rouge element within NK fired to try start a war?
View Quote
That was Combodia, dude.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 3:57:35 AM EDT
[#49]
There are new sat pics that show new activity at an underground nuke test site. Looks like LIL KIM is getting ready for another underground test. They have a big anniversary coming up so they are probably going to time it for that.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 4:03:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
There are new sat pics that show new activity at an underground nuke test site. Looks like LIL KIM is getting ready for another underground test. They have a big anniversary coming up so they are probably going to time it for that.
View Quote
Round and round we go....
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top