BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 202
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 7:54:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By exDefensorMilitas:

Starting from the back of the grid, some what low to get a little of the heat haze at the start. As the run into turn 1 gets closer, gain altitude to capture more of the area and watch the accordion. As the lead car exits, start leading the cars, so the cars are heading towards the camera. Keep enough altitude and positioning for the slower corners to get some wide shots.

I would probably try to use it as a more nimble helicopter style shot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fike:
Originally Posted By tifosi:
Originally Posted By Weirding_Module:
Man, I hope this is something they can figure out for camera angles going forward. Huge safety problems to overcome, but the view and angles are just amazing!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pEqyr_uT-k

Well that was hella neat, seeing a 3rd person chase came view like that.
Even if it's only good for a lap, that should be the default view for the first lap at least!

What car do you follow on the first lap?

Starting from the back of the grid, some what low to get a little of the heat haze at the start. As the run into turn 1 gets closer, gain altitude to capture more of the area and watch the accordion. As the lead car exits, start leading the cars, so the cars are heading towards the camera. Keep enough altitude and positioning for the slower corners to get some wide shots.

I would probably try to use it as a more nimble helicopter style shot.

It would be epic, but I doubt they would ever let them fly it given the risk of it losing control and hitting a spectator.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 8:01:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By DCV_117:
Ferrari are given the $70 million, but they are not allowed to spend more than other teams in terms of the cost cap. Not saying they don't find other ways to spend more (Le Mans Hypercar development for example), but the theoretical example with the Cowboys isn't totally accurate.
View Quote

Remember, the cost cap is not a spending cap. There are major line item expenses that do not count toward and sit outside the cap:

- Driver salaries:  Nice when you know the FIA stipend reimburses all of your driver labor expense. You can buy whatever driver you want - who cares, it's on the FIA's dime.
- Lead Development Talent and Officers: Again, nice to know you can outbid the best engineering talent available because again - who cares - the FIA is covering the labor expense, not you.
etc. etc.

Lesser funded teams have to make compromises and cuts in these areas because they simply don't have the printed free cash on hand the FI.... I mean Ferr .. I mean the FIAERRARI does. I think anyone who is being honest about competition finds it absurd the organizing body is putting a pretty large finger, or in this case, a pallet of $100s on the scale and giving a competitive advantage to only one team - a team that is already very well off.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 8:06:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Shung:

LoL yeah, like Rally after the end of group B..
View All Quotes

LoL yeah, like Rally after the end of group B..

Nah, not the same, Shung.
WRC went a bit flat because they eliminated all of the Killer B class, not just a single team, and replaced it with slower and less dynamic cars.
It would be as if the FIA woke up and said, going forward, all F1 teams may only run GP2 cars.

btw, with Budget cap your point is moot. The money they make is useless in term of results.

How is it moot? See my reply above.

Ferrari is getting big money because its the big money maker of F1...  (just like Real Madrid and FC Barcelona are getting the most money in the LIGA, for example, no matter their results). It's a commercial thing, not a sport thing.

This sport is completely different than share of merch and such. This is by far and away the most capital intensive sport on the planet. Powerboat racing may be number 2. I don't even want to get into the disgusting numbers it takes to run a complete season in that series.

I suspect this is also why Ferrari accepted all the BS thrown at them for the last 20 years.. even not winning they (the owners) are more than happy with the money they make from F1

Oh, no doubt about that. They know win or lose - they win. All they have to do is show up and collect a check irrespective of performance.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 8:28:26 PM EDT
[#4]

It would be epic, but I doubt they would ever let them fly it given the risk of it losing control and hitting a spectator.
View Quote

No doubt this is a primary concern. Any drone big enough to carry a good camera and keep up with the cars would be very dangerous if anything went wrong.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 8:48:08 PM EDT
[#5]
The British press is all reporting the below:

The results of the investigation into alleged misconduct by Horner are expected to be announced on Wednesday.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 8:57:38 PM EDT
[#6]
My son is on the F1 League, you will spot us easily.  He is has an account here but doesn't post or even read much.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 9:39:36 PM EDT
[#7]
The British press is all reporting the below:

The results of the investigation into alleged misconduct by Horner are expected to be announced on Wednesday.
View Quote

Well, we already know this isn't going to go anywhere or it'll be a very light tap on the wrist.

If they had already surfaced something major over the last 3-4 weeks, they would have never let him come within 1 mile of the last week's testing land inserted a proxy chief on premises, while he stayed back in HQ.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 12:04:06 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm probably late to the party but I'd pay extra to listen to Steiner talk shit during a race as a commentator.  

F1 TV is missing a opportunity there.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 12:07:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By TotalNovice:
I'm probably late to the party but I'd pay extra to listen to Steiner talk shit during a race as a commentator.  

F1 TV is missing an opportunity there.
View Quote
Those who've watched more F1 than me, please chime in:   Has F1 had a properly insane drunken rant commentator since James Hunt?
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 12:50:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By TotalNovice:

F1 TV is missing a opportunity there.
View Quote

I ain't mad at the idea. It has merit.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 8:16:37 AM EDT
[#11]
LESS THAN 24 HOURS BEFORE THE 2024 ARFCOM PREDICTION SURVEY CLOSES!!!!!!

CLICK HERE TO COMPLETE SURVEY!!!!
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 10:50:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Deadtired:
Those who've watched more F1 than me, please chime in:   Has F1 had a properly insane drunken rant commentator since James Hunt?
View Quote

Sadly not. I don't know if James Hunt was inebriated, Murray said he liked the odd doobie, but I think his acerbic manner was just his nature.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 11:14:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fike] [#13]

While a report in the Dutch newspaper, De Telegraaf, claimed the grievance filed by the woman extended beyond controlling behaviour and contained an allegation of sexual misconduct, based on messages allegedly sent by Horner. Sources have since suggested that no such evidence was submitted in the complaint itself.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 11:37:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: willi3d] [#14]
Horner cleared.  Time to move on.  Let’s race.

ETA:  I’m sure this won’t be the end of it.  Lulu and others will demand that the report be publicly released in the name of “transparency” to ensure that poor innocent woman’s rights weren’t trampled over.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 11:39:52 AM EDT
[#15]
FYI for those in the F1 Fantasy League there are "bonus chips" you can apply for the weekend.  I didn't notice them at first but there is a small link under the driver lineup that you click and it brings them up.  I don't know why I didn't notice them before and maybe I'm a total noob, but figured I would through it out there in case someone else missed it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 12:07:04 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

While a report in the Dutch newspaper, De Telegraaf, claimed the grievance filed by the woman extended beyond controlling behaviour and contained an allegation of sexual misconduct, based on messages allegedly sent by Horner. Sources have since suggested that no such evidence was submitted in the complaint itself.

Stranger things have happened but Horner always seemed too sharp to make the idiotic mistake of mixing business with pleasure.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he and Geri have an open relationship.  A lot of couples at their level of fame/wealth do.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 12:09:45 PM EDT
[#17]
He's in the clear. I don't care for the guy, but the salt from Twitter is glorious.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 12:24:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 12:25:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By willi3d:

ETA:  I’m sure this won’t be the end of it.  Lulu and others will demand that the report be publicly released in the name of “transparency” to ensure that poor innocent woman’s rights weren’t trampled over.
View Quote

You hit the nail on the head.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 12:34:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Very honestly I hate all those harassement bs that go into media instead of court, so I am ok with the ending.

But that sounds a lot like “we investigated ourselves and found no wrongdoing” lol
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 12:48:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By drewptwo:
FYI for those in the F1 Fantasy League there are "bonus chips" you can apply for the weekend.  I didn't notice them at first but there is a small link under the driver lineup that you click and it brings them up.  I don't know why I didn't notice them before and maybe I'm a total noob, but figured I would through it out there in case someone else missed it.
View Quote

Correct, but each chip is a use once deal. So, use them when you have strong feelings. Or when you get in a pinch after qualifying, etc.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 12:50:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Very honestly I hate all those harassement bs that go into media instead of court, so I am ok with the ending.

But that sounds a lot like "we investigated ourselves and found no wrongdoing" lol
View Quote

Did you miss where they brought in an independent attorney to investigate, specifically so people couldn't say shit like "we investigated ourselves and found no wrongdoing"?
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 12:51:03 PM EDT
[#23]
LESS THAN 24 HOURS BEFORE THE 2024 ARFCOM PREDICTION SURVEY CLOSES!!!!!!

CLICK HERE TO COMPLETE SURVEY!!!!
View Quote

Thanks, missed it before, poll done.  So I win a seat with Williams, right?
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 12:51:15 PM EDT
[#24]

But that sounds a lot like “we investigated ourselves and found no wrongdoing” lol
View Quote

It only went into the media because RBR put it there. Remember, they released the press statement about conducting an internal investigation of Horner.

But yes to your last statement. LOL!
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 12:54:04 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

LMAO. You write let’s move on and race … then go right back into the case and make it about Hamilton?

The guy has nothing to do with this case and has not said a thing about it, and yet you throw him into the mix.

He clearly lives in your head rent-free  
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 1:00:34 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

I feel like he is stalling for a bit more time.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 1:26:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#27]
Originally Posted By Cypher214:

Did you miss where they brought in an independent attorney to investigate, specifically so people couldn't say shit like "we investigated ourselves and found no wrongdoing"?
View Quote

The independant attorney they hired you mean ?

Come on…

Let’s not be naive about it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 1:26:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Shadow_Dancer:

It only went into the media because RBR put it there. Remember, they released the press statement about conducting an internal investigation of Horner.

View Quote

In reputation management, it's known as 'getting in front of the story'. RBR disclosed because they had to. Better to read about it in a press release from Red Bull corporate rather than on the front page of some tabloid courtesy of whoever threatened to go to them.

I'd be interested to know if there was an injunction on the brit press. They don't normally bother with those anymore - because internet - but nevertheless I am glad it's done and we can get back to racing. Whatever Horner did, it wasn't bad enough to be actionable.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 1:28:03 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

And they prolly put it there to anticipate anyone else doing it and being able to issue their own version of the events in which they would protect their image.

Nobody should be naive about the whole thing
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 1:29:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Esterhase:

In reputation management, it's known as 'getting in front of the story'. RBR disclosed because they had to. Better to read about it in a press release from Red Bull corporate rather than on the front page of some tabloid courtesy of whoever threatened to go to them.

I'd be interested to know if there was an injunction on the brit press. They don't normally bother with those anymore - because internet - but nevertheless I am glad it's done and we can get back to racing. Whatever Horner did, it wasn't bad enough to be actionable.
View Quote

Thank you for stating it better than I could
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 1:32:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Accusations presented without evidence are almost *always* bullshit. Someone looking for a payday.
Maybe not, but 99% of the time, that's how it goes. Sounds like RBR knew it was BS but did their due diligence to remain impartial and "investigate".
The British sports pages got their drama llama headlines for the off season, now we can spin some tires and go racing!
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 1:36:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#32]
Accusations presented without evidence are almost *always* bullshit. Someone looking for a payday.
Maybe not, but 99% of the time, that's how it goes. Sounds like RBR knew it was BS but did their due diligence to remain impartial and "investigate".
The British sports pages got their drama llama headlines for the off season, now we can spin some tires and go racing!
View Quote

Do you think there was no evidence , or that this was quietly settled with all party involved to preserve both Horner and RB image, and that the “victim” got more than enough to forget the “unsolicited” dick pics (or whatever Bs trauma she claims she was victim of)  ?

Once again, I am happy that it ended like this but I am certainly not naive about the behind the scenes.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 1:47:09 PM EDT
[#33]

Do you think there was no evidence , or that this was quietly settled with all party involved to preserve both Horner and RB image, and that the "victim" got more than enough to forget the "unsolicited" dick pics (or whatever Bs trauma she claims she was victim of)  ?

Once again, I am happy that it ended like this but I am certainly not naive about the behind the scenes.
View All Quotes

Do you think there was no evidence , or that this was quietly settled with all party involved to preserve both Horner and RB image, and that the "victim" got more than enough to forget the "unsolicited" dick pics (or whatever Bs trauma she claims she was victim of)  ?

Just going by the source that fike quoted above...

Obviously I don't know for fact about any of it, other than what's been reported here.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 1:52:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Mars87:

I feel like he is stalling for a bit more time.
View Quote
Goddamn it if that man makes me buy Mercedes merch I'm gonna be pissed.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 1:55:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: danpass] [#35]
I wouldn’t mind seeing Horner go after the Dutch paper AND all the other sensationalist headlines sources.

I’d be happy to see him go after Jim Farley too.  Horner can start with: “Did you want the investigation to be done right?  Or did you want it to be done right now?

edit:  If Farley ended up being the CEO to get ejected in this situation I’d be ok with that
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 2:01:38 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

You're just showing clear bias, as usual.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 2:02:55 PM EDT
[#37]
BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX SCHEDULE

THURSDAY 02/29
FP1 6:30AM - ESPN2
FP2 10AM - ESPN2

FRIDAY 03/01
FP3 7:30AM - ESPN2
QUALIFYING 11AM - ESPN2

SATURDAY 03/02
RACE 10AM - ESPN

Up Close With The New 2024 Cars | Tech Talk | F1 Pre-Season Testing

Your Ultimate Guide to The 2024 F1 Season
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 2:15:22 PM EDT
[#38]

LMAO. You write let’s move on and race … then go right back into the case and make it about Hamilton?

The guy has nothing to do with this case and has not said a thing about it, and yet you throw him into the mix.

He clearly lives in your head rent-free  
View Quote

I guess you missed the story where he did in fact say a thing about it.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/lewis-hamilton-christian-horner-investigation-hanging-over-f1

“I think it’s a difficult one to answer and actually I think we always have to do more to try to make the sport and the environment that people get to work in feel safe and inclusive,” he told media including PlanetF1.com. “Any allegation has to be taken very seriously.

“Obviously we don’t know everything that’s going on, but it does need to be resolved as it’s hanging over the sport.

“And it will be really interesting to see how it will [change things] moving forwards in terms of the effect that it may or may not have on the sport moving forward.

“I think it’s a really important moment for the sport to make sure that we stand true to our values.”

Hamilton’s words were similar to that of his boss Toto Wolff, who also said it was a time to reflect for F1.

“I think it’s clear Formula 1, and that the teams too, we stand for inclusion, equality, fairness, diversity,” he said.

“And it’s not only about talking about it but living it day in and day out. I think this is the standard that we set ourselves.

“We are a global sport, one of the most important sports platforms in the world, and we are role models.”

Lulu doesn’t live rent free in my head.  I don’t really care about him.  I chose his name because, based on his past history and comments, this seems exactly the type of thing he would now say.  Time will tell whether or not he drops it or does exactly what I suggested.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 2:18:25 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

Standard Alonso mind games to make himself the center of attention.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 2:20:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#40]

View Quote

Nope. Just showing that I unlike you apparently, I don’t believe in Santa or fairy tales ;)

I bet you that there will be absolutely zero counter action from Horner suing anyone either.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 2:23:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By danpass:
I wouldn’t mind seeing Horner go after the Dutch paper AND all the other sensationalist headlines sources.

I’d be happy to see him go after Jim Farley too.  Horner can start with: “Did you want the investigation to be done right?  Or did you want it to be done right now?

edit:  If Farley ended up being the CEO to get ejected in this situation I’d be ok with that
View Quote

Bet you a pmag that there will be zero action in return from Horner or RB.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 2:31:11 PM EDT
[#42]

Nope. Just showing that I unlike you apparently, I don't believe in Santa or fairy tales ;)

I bet you that there will be absolutely zero counter action from Horner suing anyone either.
View All Quotes

Nope. Just showing that I unlike you apparently, I don't believe in Santa or fairy tales ;)

Apparently you do believe in fairy tales because you've concocted your own version of events and ignored the story as presented.

"Disgruntled former female employee makes accusations against former boss in hopes for a pay day" is not an uncommon story but you are convinced Horner was guilty of something and Red Bull covered it up, despite there being zero evidence.  That's bias.  Period.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 2:36:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#43]

Apparently you do believe in fairy tales because you've concocted your own version of events and ignored the story as presented.

"Disgruntled former female employee makes accusations against former boss in hopes for a pay day" is not an uncommon story but you are convinced Horner was guilty of something and Red Bull covered it up, despite there being zero evidence.  That's bias.  Period.
View Quote

How do you know there was zero evidence ? Because Red Bull or the attorney they hired told you so ?

You know what. You believe what you want to believe and I will believe what I want to believe.

There is a good chance that we will know more about this thing in a few months/years

At this time, I will certainly remind you what I said today.

Ps: from all I read the accusation didn’t come from a former disgruntled employee, but a current one.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 2:43:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Deadtired:
Goddamn it if that man makes me buy Mercedes merch I'm gonna be pissed.
View Quote

Mercedes is a lot more likable starting next season whether Fernando goes there or not.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 2:49:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shadow_Dancer] [#45]
“I think it’s a difficult one to answer and actually I think we always have to do more to try to make the sport and the environment that people get to work in feel safe and inclusive,” he told media including PlanetF1.com. “Any allegation has to be taken very seriously. “Obviously we don’t know everything that’s going on, but it does need to be resolved as it’s hanging over the sport. “And it will be really interesting to see how it will [change things] moving forwards in terms of the effect that it may or may not have on the sport moving forward. “I think it’s a really important moment for the sport to make sure that we stand true to our values.”

Lulu doesn’t live rent free in my head.  I don’t really care about him.  I chose his name because, based on his past history and comments, this seems exactly the type of thing he would now say.  Time will tell whether or not he drops it or does exactly what I suggested.
View Quote

Based on what the link to the story you posted is, what he said wasn't a self-catalyzed  statement. He (and Lando Norris) were in a press interview and asked the question by a reporter.

He didn't say a thing about Horner's guilt / innocence / partiality of anything else outside of the case needs to be resolved as it impacts the sport.

In fact the entirety of his comment speaks to the overshadow on the sport the longer the investigation remains open without closure from RBR.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 2:53:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Mars87:

Mercedes is a lot more likable starting next season whether Fernando goes there or not.
View Quote

Agreed, I might even start liking Toto.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 2:56:00 PM EDT
[#47]

How do you know there was zero evidence ? Because Red Bull or the attorney they hired told you so ?

You know what. You believe what you want to believe and I will believe what I want to believe.

There is a good chance that we will know more about this thing in a few months/years

Ps: from all I read the accusation didn't come from a former disgruntled employee, but a current one.
View All Quotes

Ps: from all I read the accusation didn't come from a former disgruntled employee, but a current one.

You have zero reason to believe there IS evidence.

You are literally making shit up while claiming I'm the one "believing fairy tales."  This is no different than your imaginary anti-Ferrari/pro-Red Bull bias claims against the FIA that you whine about all season.  You live in a fantasy world where RBR is the boogeyman and poor old Ferrari is always getting fucked over by everybody but themselves.

Link Posted: 2/28/2024 3:42:47 PM EDT
[#48]
You have zero reason to believe there IS evidence.

You are literally making shit up while claiming I'm the one "believing fairy tales."  This is no different than your imaginary anti-Ferrari/pro-Red Bull bias claims against the FIA that you whine about all season.  You live in a fantasy world where RBR is the boogeyman and poor old Ferrari is always getting fucked over by everybody but themselves.

View Quote

As said in law, "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."
Investigations aren't launched without some manner of evidence.

That said, the matter is now closed for the time being. We can move on with full confidence that RBR thoroughly investigated themselves with the impartial lawyer ... they paid.

Link Posted: 2/28/2024 4:01:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Plumber576:
BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX SCHEDULE

THURSDAY 02/29
FP1 6:30AM - ESPN2
FP2 10AM - ESPN2

FRIDAY 03/01
FP3 7:30AM - ESPN2
QUALIFYING 11AM - ESPN2

SATURDAY 03/02
RACE 10AM - ESPN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMxhS3JEra8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTQ0GDD9_no
View Quote

Thank you for these posts! I look forward to them every week.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 4:19:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Esterhase:
He's in the clear. I don't care for the guy, but the salt from Twitter is glorious.
View Quote

People are nutty. I followed the below account as he specialized in vintage F1 photos, etc.

I guess this was just more than he could take.

Page / 202
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top