Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2109 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 6/17/2022 3:50:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By M-1975:
"   This is how they treat wounded Kadyrovites in the LPR - FUCK   "

View Quote

That shoe is definitely on the other foot.  LPR has been a bullet sponge for those guys for too long, and I’ve yet to see evidence of them lifting a finger for LPR casualties. They probably only did that bare minimum to avoid the talking to.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 4:01:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Long range Stugna-p shot at a Russian mortar crew, looks like the mortar tube flies through the air after the hit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/veo8z3/the_58th_motorized_brigade_from_the_ukrainian/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 4:08:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Sky news showing the fighting in Severodonetsk.  The Ukrainians occupy buildings then move while Russian forces level the old fighting position.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/venymi/an_excerpt_from_sky_news_showing_some_unseen/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 4:11:19 PM EDT
[#4]
"Ukraine Update' - June 17, 2022
View Quote

Update from Ukraine | They Lost One More Ship! Harpoon Rocket in Action
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 4:15:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

Everyone WAS harmed during the making of this video.

Greatest hits with Queen music.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/17/2022 4:30:23 PM EDT
[#6]
"Azerbaijani 82-mm 20N5 mortars were seen in the service of the Ukrainian army. Earlier, Azerbaijan did not publicly declare the supply of any military equipment or weapons to Ukraine.

We remind you that on February 22, 2022 (exactly two days before the beginning of the SVO), the Moscow Declaration on Allied Cooperation between the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Russian Federation was signed."

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 4:35:43 PM EDT
[#7]
"Su-25 and Mi-8 of the Air Force of Ukraine in the Lisichansk region."

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 4:38:17 PM EDT
[#8]
"Slovenia hands over 35 BMPs and small arms to Ukraine - Slovenian Defense Minister Marjan Sharets

Maryan Sharets noted that the country has exhausted its arsenal, which can be transferred to Ukraine, and stressed that it is ready to accept troops for training.

Together to victory!"

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 5:05:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 5:09:24 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

I’ve done mile runs with those in summer heat nice C cups
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 5:10:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

You know, I love the A-10 as much as the next guy, but I just can't imagine those tactics are very effective.

Maybe the Ukrainians lack for enough electronic systems, but if someone can explain to me whether/how the A-10 would do much better, given the same operating environment, I would love to know.

If MANPADs are the #1 threat, then there isn't anything except for flares or avoiding the area entirely, AFAIK.
View Quote

I ran into an A-10 pilot at a German B&B years ago. He was there during a NATO war exercise.

I was talking about the planes capabilities, and he conceded that if a conflict with Russia took place, the A-10 "would have a very short and glorious life".

Attack helicopters that could pop up over tree tops and take out positions was more effective and the AF had been trying to kill the A-10 for that reason.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 5:20:12 PM EDT
[#12]
US Assistance to Ukraine Fact Sheet

The United States has committed approximately $6.3 billion in security assistance to Ukraine since the beginning of the Biden Administration, including approximately $5.6 billion since the beginning of Russia's unprovoked invasion on February 24.

On June 15, the Department of Defense (DoD) announced $1 billion in additional security assistance for Ukraine. This includes an authorization of a Presidential Drawdown of security assistance valued at up to $350 million, as well as $650 million in Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative (USAI) funds. This authorization is the twelfth drawdown of equipment from DoD inventories for Ukraine since August 2021.

United States security assistance committed to Ukraine includes:

Over 1,400 Stinger anti-aircraft systems;
   Over 6,500 Javelin anti-armor systems;
   Over 20,000 other anti-armor systems;
   Over 700 Switchblade Tactical Unmanned Aerial Systems;
   126 155mm Howitzers and 260,000 155mm artillery rounds;
   108 Tactical Vehicles to tow 155mm Howitzers;
   19 Tactical Vehicles to recover equipment;
   High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems and ammunition;
   20 Mi-17 helicopters;
   Hundreds of Armored High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicles;
   200 M113 Armored Personnel Carriers;
   Over 7,000 small arms;
   Over 50,000,000 rounds of small arms ammunition;
   75,000 sets of body armor and helmets;
   121 Phoenix Ghost Tactical Unmanned Aerial Systems;
   Laser-guided rocket systems;
   Puma Unmanned Aerial Systems;
   Unmanned Coastal Defense Vessels;
   22 counter-artillery radars;
   Four counter-mortar radars;
   Four air surveillance radars;
   Two harpoon coastal defense systems;
   M18A1 Claymore anti-personnel munitions;
   C-4 explosives and demolition equipment for obstacle clearing;
   Tactical secure communications systems;
   Thousands of night vision devices, thermal imagery systems, optics, and laser rangefinders;
   Commercial satellite imagery services;
   Explosive ordnance disposal protective gear;
   Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear protective equipment;
   Medical supplies to include first aid kits;
   Electronic jamming equipment;
   Field equipment and spare parts;
   Funding for training, maintenance, and sustainment.

The United States also continues to work with its Allies and partners to identify and provide Ukraine with additional capabilities to defend itself.

Link Posted: 6/17/2022 5:37:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
"   This is how they treat wounded Kadyrovites in the LPR - FUCK   "

View Quote

LOL
One of the LPR guys says - fcuk, he peed himself, drop him and lets go.

Here is another one of them. Dont know whats going on here. Drugs, maybe?
https://t.me/c/1736151536/8280

Just today there was a report of a fight between LPR and kadyrovites
https://t.me/c/1271894632/18522
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 5:42:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Prime:

That shoe is definitely on the other foot.  LPR has been a bullet sponge for those guys for too long, and I’ve yet to see evidence of them lifting a finger for LPR casualties. They probably only did that bare minimum to avoid the talking to.
View Quote

Actually there was a video on telegram few days back where few kadyrovites pushed an LPR guy to rescue of of their wounded but he played stupid and refused. One bearded guy went under fire and pulled the wounded who didnt look like LPR but rather regular RFA. Few minutes later the wounded dies and everyone says - oh, ok, lets GTFO.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 5:53:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Frontline Hooligan: Ukraine's Antifa Football Hooligans Fighting the Russian Invasion
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 6:04:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 6:05:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 6:23:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 6:31:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Jack67:

Crimea is a piece of ground that can stop the war.  Just because Clausewitz is old, doesn't mean he's wrong: "War is the continuation of policy with other means."  The nexus of the war isn't reuniting the Rus brotherhood or de-Nazifying as the propaganda states. It's to take the key economic and security zones by

a) taking the resource-rich Donbas basin,
b) improve the security of Rostov-on-Don,
c) lay claim to the energy resources in the Crimean littoral, and
d) improve the bases and strategic positioning of the Black Sea Fleet.

Basically, steal energy and industrial capacity from a neighbor to bolster internal failures.  Taking Crimea negates all of that and makes the policy/war bankrupt. It violates the imperial myth that keep Russian leaders in power, and has for four hundred years.  It is precisely the thing that breaks authoritarian imperial regimes in Russia and has regardless of what face you put on it: Czarist, Soviet, interregnum (Yeltsin fell because of Chechnya, hence Putin), or the current klepto-fascist regime.

Taking Crimea doesn't mean the end of Russia, but it almost certainly means the end of Putin and the current kleptocracy.  It's life or death for the regime - literally.

The "center of gravity" in this war is not any tactical battlefield asset like artillery - that may be partially so at the lesser operational level. At the strategic level, Crimea is absolutely a center of gravity that can alter the war.

I did not intend to circle back to Clausewitz, but this USAF primer on the CoG concept can make it more apparent:

https://www.doctrine.af.mil/Portals/61/documents/AFDP_3-0/3-0-D30-Appendix-1-COG-Analysis.pdf

In your analogy, Crimea IS the gun.  Take it away and the whole rotten façade crumbles.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CharlieR:
Originally Posted By Capta:

Ukraine holding a position of strength in Crimea is literally the only thing that will force Russia to the table.

I disagree with that.

This isn't capture the flag. There is NO piece of ground that will stop the war...

There was a New York City Cop who said if you're in a wrestling match with a man with a gun, doesn't matter how many times you get hit in the face...take away the gun.  That's all that matters.

The center of gravity of this war are the Russian artillerymen.  The weapons that kill them is what the Ukrainians have needed since day 1.  The refusal of the blind men in this administration to see that is really breathtaking.

Crimea is a piece of ground that can stop the war.  Just because Clausewitz is old, doesn't mean he's wrong: "War is the continuation of policy with other means."  The nexus of the war isn't reuniting the Rus brotherhood or de-Nazifying as the propaganda states. It's to take the key economic and security zones by

a) taking the resource-rich Donbas basin,
b) improve the security of Rostov-on-Don,
c) lay claim to the energy resources in the Crimean littoral, and
d) improve the bases and strategic positioning of the Black Sea Fleet.

Basically, steal energy and industrial capacity from a neighbor to bolster internal failures.  Taking Crimea negates all of that and makes the policy/war bankrupt. It violates the imperial myth that keep Russian leaders in power, and has for four hundred years.  It is precisely the thing that breaks authoritarian imperial regimes in Russia and has regardless of what face you put on it: Czarist, Soviet, interregnum (Yeltsin fell because of Chechnya, hence Putin), or the current klepto-fascist regime.

Taking Crimea doesn't mean the end of Russia, but it almost certainly means the end of Putin and the current kleptocracy.  It's life or death for the regime - literally.

The "center of gravity" in this war is not any tactical battlefield asset like artillery - that may be partially so at the lesser operational level. At the strategic level, Crimea is absolutely a center of gravity that can alter the war.

I did not intend to circle back to Clausewitz, but this USAF primer on the CoG concept can make it more apparent:

https://www.doctrine.af.mil/Portals/61/documents/AFDP_3-0/3-0-D30-Appendix-1-COG-Analysis.pdf

In your analogy, Crimea IS the gun.  Take it away and the whole rotten façade crumbles.

BINGO.  After Mariupol no one is going to give a shit what the Russians think.  And to be clear, what I mean is shelling the PORT of Sevastopol.  That’s what matters to Russia.  If things go really well for Ukraine they can push far south enough for Harpoon batteries to close the Black Sea.  Then you’ll see Russia squeal.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 6:39:06 PM EDT
[#20]

That is an almost endearing level of trust/faith in our government, or any other democratic member of a coalition.

Nah my dude, Russia is a unitary security state, and everyone who has their job has it mainly because while they may not all be reading off the same sheet of music, they ALL know what the conductor likes to hear and how to play in tune.

Meanwhile Western governments are like a bag of cats, where every agency of their government, and every political party within their countries, each wants something a little different.
View Quote

When you understand that Biden isn’t calling the shots any more than Macron of Sholtz is, this becomes a lot more intelligible.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 6:46:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Firefly1032:

All this would succeed in accomplishing is convincing the West they should no longer support UA and weapon/heavy equipment shipments would cease overnight.  Sevastopol, I assume, is largely in evacuated or concerned about being in danger at the moment. The instant UA starts leveling a civilian areas you will see it plastered on every news station and even staunch supporters of Ukraine like the former WP countries will begin to get cold feet. I believe Crimea, in the scope of this war, is unattainable for Ukraine. Though admittedly, I haven’t seen recent demographics of those in Crimea and where they stand with joining UA vs RU.
View Quote

This is my opinion also.

Yes Russia deserves to lose Crimea. They also should pay reparations and hand over a few thousand war criminals to the Hague. But Ukraine can end the war as a strong unified EU/NATO country, hopefully with their original Eastern territory OR they can keep fighting with Russia over Crimea alone.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 6:54:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Russian drone watching Ukrainian soldiers rescue their wounded and dead while under accurate fire.  Drone zooms in at :24 seconds, guys drag wounded to safety and go back out to get more while under fire.

This may have been recorded in March, no foliage.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/vekxyw/ukrainians_rescue_woundeddead_under_a_heavy/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb

View Quote

THAT right there is why Ukraine will win and Russia will lose.

Compare that to the retard orcs running past wounded comrades!
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 6:56:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#23]

I thought the entire reason they were offering it is because they had in mind a version or modification that was export safe for Ukraine.

Link Posted: 6/17/2022 7:05:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Sky news showing the fighting in Severodonetsk.  The Ukrainians occupy buildings then move while Russian forces level the old fighting position.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/venymi/an_excerpt_from_sky_news_showing_some_unseen/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb
View Quote

Great footage. I just wish they did not show the boat/river crossing. Russians will respond.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 7:06:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Russian Foreign Minister claims ‘we didn’t invade Ukraine' - BBC News
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 7:12:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack67] [#26]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

.... But Ukraine can end the war as a strong unified EU/NATO country, hopefully with their original Eastern territory OR they can keep fighting with Russia over Crimea alone.
View Quote

I think that ship has sailed. I was worried that solution would be the outcome a month ago.  But that option is in the rear-view mirror now after the last few days.  Ukraine, Germany, France, and us via Blinken's statements have basically said that's now a war aim of the Ukrainians that the west supports.

I believe the war crimes fundamentally shifted things.  It shouldn't really have taken that - and it would not have if we had wise, strong leadership at the helm in major roles - US, France, Germany who "got it" from the start.  People who were too blind to see the bigger picture and would have ignored all the treaty obligations and agreements (Budapest, Minsk), and settled for peace with Ukraine crippled and robbed - those people have had a gut reaction and have been persuaded.

There is a saying that wars have a life of their own. Once out of the bottle, they are hard to control by any small clique or leader.  I think that is demonstrated in this case by the changed western mass attitudes once murdering civilians, rape, pillage, etc. came into view.  Now people are being seized and shipped off to Siberia and 'disappeared' in the thousands and thousands - it's just a living nightmare of WWII atrocities and the very worst of the Soviet Union all over again. Putin and his KGB apparatchiks didn't fathom this reaction and it has put the first nail in their coffin.  It will take a lot more nails and time, but it's in progress.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 7:13:48 PM EDT
[#27]

Great footage. I just wish they did not show the boat/river crossing. Russians will respond.
View All Quotes

From a comment about that:  

An interesting tidbit since the time of this footage. Ukraine very recently deployed the 16 KRAB 155mm self propelled artillery units it got from Poland to support Severodonetsk and apparently they are having a big impact on the russian artillery fire and ground activities per a govt statement today. The KRABS vastly outrange the russian artillery and have much faster rates of fire.

Another very impactful event of the last 2 days was Ukraine striking a primary russian ammo depot in the rear of the front. A very large warehouse complex and past images (and how it was likely found) on social media showed enough ammo stored to support many BTGs. It is completely gone. Probably some of you saw the videos - the dump was recorded having major explosions continuously for several hours.

I note these as it seems russia may have reduced resources to continue targeting positions with overwhelming artillery as has been their past methodology, which the Ukrainian commander speaks about in this video.

Link Posted: 6/17/2022 7:27:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By kpacman:

I ran into an A-10 pilot at a German B&B years ago. He was there during a NATO war exercise.

I was talking about the planes capabilities, and he conceded that if a conflict with Russia took place, the A-10 "would have a very short and glorious life".

Attack helicopters that could pop up over tree tops and take out positions was more effective and the AF had been trying to kill the A-10 for that reason.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kpacman:

You know, I love the A-10 as much as the next guy, but I just can't imagine those tactics are very effective.

Maybe the Ukrainians lack for enough electronic systems, but if someone can explain to me whether/how the A-10 would do much better, given the same operating environment, I would love to know.

If MANPADs are the #1 threat, then there isn't anything except for flares or avoiding the area entirely, AFAIK.

The A-10 was originally designed to defend the Fulda Gap.  A mountainous road that runs through a chokepoint valley.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 7:27:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Nester:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsodbPkjO3c
View Quote

ina previous post, this video was labelled as "antifa fights Russia".

But Ukrainian "soccer hooligans" are not antifa. At least not US antifa.

US antifa are actual communist subversives and revolutionaries. They want to bring down the gov't not fight to save it.

Those hooligans in Ukraine are actually fighting fascists. Russians are fascists not commies.

Maybe before the war those hooligans wanted to bring down their gov't and replace it with anarchist-communism of some sort but I doubt it. They seem more like rowdy patriots.  

I wish US antifa would fight (and die) fighting actual fascists but they ARE the fascists here.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 7:37:31 PM EDT
[#30]

I think that ship has sailed. I was worried that solution would be the outcome a month ago.  But that option is in the rear-view mirror now after the last few days.  Ukraine, Germany, France, and us via Blinken's statements have basically said that's now a war aim of the Ukrainians that the west supports.

I believe the war crimes fundamentally shifted things.  It shouldn't really have taken that - and it would not have if we had wise, strong leadership at the helm in major roles - US, France, Germany who "got it" from the start.  People who were too blind to see the bigger picture and would have ignored all the treaty obligations and agreements (Budapest, Minsk), and settled for peace with Ukraine crippled and robbed - those people have had a gut reaction and have been persuaded.

There is a saying that wars have a life of their own. Once out of the bottle, they are hard to control by any small clique or leader.  I think that is demonstrated in this case by the changed western mass attitudes once murdering civilians, rape, pillage, etc. came into view.  Now people are being seized and shipped off to Siberia and 'disappeared' in the thousands and thousands - it's just a living nightmare of WWII atrocities and the very worst of the Soviet Union all over again. Putin and his KGB apparatchiks didn't fathom this reaction and it has put the first nail in their coffin.  It will take a lot more nails and time, but it's in progress.
View Quote

Well, I agree. I just want to see Ukraine survive rather than drive away the weak-knee'ed Western support who are wetting the bed fretting antagonizing Russia. Not at this crucial period. If it's a question of settling for losing Crimea .vs saving the rest of Ukraine, then I think they should give up Crimea. Lucky for everyone, I'm not making decisions for Ukraine.

The only way I could see anything close to restitution for Ukraine is total capitulation of Russia. I mean a Versailles treaty type ass-raping but I dont want to see part II.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 7:38:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Very good news. Usually UA is very good about OP-SEC.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 7:53:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack67] [#32]
Originally Posted By ludder093:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjWkfCSF52g
View Quote

Listening to Lavrov speak is like sticking forks in your brain.  The lies and obvious BS is just so overwhelming, you sit there wondering if it's a robot or just the world's biggest a$$hole hoping your stupid enough to fall for it.  But -  an a$$hole with nukes.  

It makes me think about what so many central and eastern European leaders had to go through between 1938 and 1941 as Hitler and Ribbentrop did the same routine on the civilized world.  

A friend of mine joked during the Gulf War that there was a special circle in hell for liars like that - speaking then about Tariq Aziz, Saddam Hussein's foreign minister.  Ribbentrop hung at Nuremburg, unfortunately somehow Aziz lived to old age in Nasiriyah, I think. Hopefully Lavrov will swing with Putin and not enjoy his stolen fortune.

But in happier notes,  I will think instead about the fact I just back from my FFL where I started the paperwork/transfer for a S&W M&P I've wanted a long time, a 16' 5R pencil barrel on the Magpul custom lower (the old 'China Doll' lower but w/o the china doll); it got it from the EE here from member shiff.  Now for the interminable waiting period.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipment-Exchange/SandW-MandP15-Magpul-SL-edition/21-2244388/
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 8:25:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Charging_Handle] [#33]
Originally Posted By ludder093:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjWkfCSF52g
View Quote

Look at that son of a bitch. You just know he starts each morning on his knees, sucking off Putin. That would also explain why his jaws are more saggy than a bulldog's too.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 8:36:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Flogger23m] [#34]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By realwar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn6ZWOlM7uY

A-10s can carry more laser guided bombs, and the AGM-65 is a lot better than what Russia has to offer. The regular Su-25 doesn't have a proper HUD. This gives the A-10 superior precision weapon capability.

The modern Su-25SM is better but if I am not mistaken it still lacks an optical solution for missiles. That means you essentially have to get within visual range, and line it up within the HUD with no magnification.

The Su-25SM3 is the newest upgrade and apparently has an optical solution with magnification. This would make using guided missiles much more practical. But Russia only has around 25 or so of them.

Su-25SM3 cockpit:

Outside of the Su-25SM3, it seems like older Su-25s are lobbing rockets like flying Grads. Same with their helis. I am assuming that is not particularly great at achieving results. A-10s would also have some trouble I assume, but they're more like the Su-25SM3 and at least have some options for longer ranged precision weapons.

Edit:

Apparently this is what Bulgaria's modernized Su-25s look like:

And what a good portion of Russia's Su-25s look like:

Link Posted: 6/17/2022 8:42:47 PM EDT
[#35]
If we kept the A-10s they would be slick with Brimstone.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 8:46:02 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

I'm on my phone with a terrible internet connection. Can somebody tell me where that photo is from? Especially if it's like a news article or something that I can read.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 8:53:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

I'm on my phone with a terrible internet connection. Can somebody tell me where that photo is from? Especially if it's like a news article or something that I can read.
Thanks.
View Quote

Riiiight, you just want to read the article.  :)

Link Posted: 6/17/2022 8:58:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SoCalExile] [#38]

Thanks.
View All Quotes

Thanks.
It's a random pic posted on twitter with no link or source.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 9:11:32 PM EDT
[#39]

US antifa are actual communist subversives and revolutionaries. They want to bring down the gov't not fight to save it.

Those hooligans in Ukraine are actually fighting fascists. Russians are fascists not commies.

Maybe before the war those hooligans wanted to bring down their gov't and replace it with anarchist-communism of some sort but I doubt it. They seem more like rowdy patriots.  

I wish US antifa would fight (and die) fighting actual fascists but they ARE the fascists here.
View All Quotes

I made that post. I didn't say it was western antifa. Antifa means anti-facists.  And in the video they say and hold banners that say antifa.  Anti-facists are antifa in any language and country
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 9:22:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 9:49:43 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

On their Instagram, popular front are presenting (and championing) them as the same as US antifa, and their opponents in both areas also presented as the same.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:10:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By LoBrau:

On their Instagram, popular front are presenting (and championing) them as the same as US antifa, and their opponents in both areas also presented as the same.
View Quote

Are they fighting Russians?  Yes?  Then who cares.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:21:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Ukraine News report on the sinking of the Vasily Bekh

The Russian tugboat Vasily Bekh, which the Ukrainian Navy hit with Harpoon missiles this morning, sank. The head of the Odesa Regional Military Administration Maksym Marchenko announced this.

"This morning, our Naval Forces hit the support vessel of the Black Sea Fleet Vasily Bekh, on board of which the TOR air defense system was installed. Later it became known that it sank," Marchenko said in a video address...
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:37:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 11:05:06 PM EDT
[#45]

I think that’s why we are now hearing it stated directly, by Macron for example.  It could also be intended to ramp up internal pressure on Putin by signaling that the west is ready to support Ukraine in going for the throat.  The loss of Crimea would be a calamity that Putin could not politically survive, on top of other calamities like Finland and Sweden joining NATO.
There are also signs that Europe is at last waking up to the reality that Putin’s decision-making isn’t going to be influenced by political or economic pressure.  As if there wasn’t already a mountain of evidence to prove that.
I’ve also seen an article that alleges the French government has asked their defense industry to move to a “wartime production” footing, so maybe more concrete steps are at hand.
View All Quotes
That’s a key take-away for any rational analysis about the “why” of this war, and for an endgame.

I think a lot of political players people have been terribly slow to grasp that, and it’s why it is now starting to be articulated as a war aim.

I think that’s why we are now hearing it stated directly, by Macron for example.  It could also be intended to ramp up internal pressure on Putin by signaling that the west is ready to support Ukraine in going for the throat.  The loss of Crimea would be a calamity that Putin could not politically survive, on top of other calamities like Finland and Sweden joining NATO.
There are also signs that Europe is at last waking up to the reality that Putin’s decision-making isn’t going to be influenced by political or economic pressure.  As if there wasn’t already a mountain of evidence to prove that.
I’ve also seen an article that alleges the French government has asked their defense industry to move to a “wartime production” footing, so maybe more concrete steps are at hand.

I still maintain that the western "leaders" have been absolute idiots, particularly in their rhetoric. Anybody wanting to support and international rules-based order or international law should have been declaring loudly and frequently that Russia must return to the borders it agreed to respect in a signed agreement in 1997 (and another treaty before that). Not only the 2022 invasion, but the 2014 invasion was illegal, and there is no returning to the international community for Putin until those borders are restored. There is no room in the world for imperialism anymore, and that's all Putin is. Nobody is taking this line publicly. Aside from Ukraine, there is no drumbeat of calls for Putin to honor its agreements, uphold international law, and return to its 1997 borders. Partly because feckless and spineless dolts like Macron and Schultz keep saying Ukraine should trade land for peace, as if that concept has even a shred of validity.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 11:06:35 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

It's all just weird.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 11:09:32 PM EDT
[#47]
State Duma Committee approves tougher legislation on treason
https://www.svoboda.org/a/komitet-gosdumy-odobril-uzhestochenie-zakonodateljstva-o-gosizmene/31885350.html

The State Duma Committee on State Construction and Legislation on Monday approved the toughening of a number of provisions of the Criminal Code related to accusations of treason and damage to state security.

Thus, the committee supported the adoption in the first reading of the bill, according to which the transition to the side of the enemy in the conditions of hostilities, in which Russia takes part, is equated with treason. For this will face up to 20 years in prison. The same term will be threatened for the participation of Russian citizens in hostilities outside the country "for purposes contrary to the interests of Russia."

It is also proposed to introduce a new article into the Criminal Code - on "confidential cooperation" with foreign special services, international organizations or their representatives. We are talking about "secretly maintaining contact" with such organizations "in order to assist them in activities that are deliberately directed against the security of Russia." For such a crime - if there are no signs of treason in it - it will face up to 8 years in prison.

Another article, which is proposed to be supplemented by the Criminal Code, is about "calls for activities directed against security." For such appeals threatens from two to - under certain circumstances - seven years in prison.

The proposed amendments are obviously related to the war in Ukraine. There have been reports of Russian citizens participating in the conflict on the Ukrainian side.

Russian economy may need a decade to return to pre-sanctions levels, Sberbank says
https://www.reuters.com/markets/europe/russian-economy-may-need-decade-return-pre-sanctions-levels-sberbank-says-2022-06-17/

June 17 (Reuters) - Russia's economy may need a decade to return to the pre-sanctions levels of 2021, the chief executive of the country's top bank Sberbank (SBER.MM) said on Friday, as economic curbs have cut the country off from half of its trade.

Western nations imposed economic sanctions on Russia, the most severe a nation in a modern history has faced, after Moscow sent troops to Ukraine on Feb. 24 calling it "special military operation".

Russian assets took an immediate hit and consumer prices have soared, prompting authorities to introduce capital controls, hike the key rate and curb foreign investors' ability to sell their assets in Russia.

German Gref, whose bank is seen as a proxy for the Russian economy by holding the majority of the household deposits and corporate loans, estimated on Friday that countries that hit Russia with sanctions accounted for 56% of its exports and 51% of imports.

"This is a threat to 15% of the country's gross domestic product, the bulk of the economy is under the fire," Gref, a former economy minister, told Russia's annual international economic forum in St Petersburg.

"As a result - and if we do nothing - we may need around a decade to return economy to the 2021 levels," Gref said, calling for structural reforming of the Russian economy.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/johnson-kyiv-russian-forces-taking-heavy-casualties-promises-85464174

Johnson, in Kyiv, says Russian forces “taking heavy casualties,” promises “the strategic endurance that you will need.”
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 11:18:48 PM EDT
[#48]
If only they had years of notice their neighbor wasn't friendly, and could have bought stuff....
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 11:23:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By last_crusader:
If only they had years of notice their neighbor wasn't friendly, and could have bought stuff....
View Quote

Bought from who? The US and the EU weren’t giving them licenses to buy arms, which leaves Russia…
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 11:44:36 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

Antifa fighting guys rocking hammer and sickle communist flags is a strange irony I did not have on my 2022 board
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2109 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top