Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2724 of 5590)
Page / 5590
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 7:02:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TacticalDeletion] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By _disconnector_:
Holy shit man - that dude totally called it. All of it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:
Originally Posted By Francisco_dAnconia:
Worth re-watching this video from May by ret. Col. Kodarenko, showing the difference between professionals and propagandists:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/xvrkjc/remember_this_video_from_may_mikhail_khodarenok/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
Thanks for (re)posting that.  I only started paying attention recently so it is extra interesting to see something like that from early in the invasion.  She really didn't like what he was saying.  I was surprised to see that she was already pushing the "existential threat", "never surrender", and "we will prevail" motifs.  She was also pushing the "we had to do it" line and seemed to my ears to truly believe all of that bullshit.

I can't believe that no one posted georgian_legion's good news:

You want to be mind blown, read what he wrote BEFORE the invasion.  (Article dated 2/3/22)

https://nvo-ng-ru.translate.goog/realty/2022-02-03/3_1175_donbass.html?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Mikhail Khodarenok calling the war from 2015, almost play by play. https://russiandefpolicy.com/2015/03/24/how-the-third-world-war-begins/ This guy is smarter than Strelkov, methinks. They need to reactivate him and give him a star or two ... or three - if they are to start making more strategically analytical operational decisions.

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 7:03:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FeVcjJ2XoAUeMy2?format=png&name=medium
View Quote

Is it just me or does this smell like copium? "It's not the Ukrainians, it's the damned US with their science fiction level technology!" I don't doubt the UA has benefited mightily from US/Western electronic intelligence, but the AI business seems over the top.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 7:04:21 PM EDT
[#3]

View All Quotes
Worth re-watching this video from May by ret. Col. Kodarenko, showing the difference between professionals and propagandists:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/xvrkjc/remember_this_video_from_may_mikhail_khodarenok/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
Thanks for (re)posting that.  I only started paying attention recently so it is extra interesting to see something like that from early in the invasion.  She really didn't like what he was saying.  I was surprised to see that she was already pushing the "existential threat", "never surrender", and "we will prevail" motifs.  She was also pushing the "we had to do it" line and seemed to my ears to truly believe all of that bullshit.

You want to be mind blown, read what he wrote BEFORE the invasion.  (Article dated 2/3/22)

https://nvo-ng-ru.translate.goog/realty/2022-02-03/3_1175_donbass.html?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Whoa!
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 7:04:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Jack67:

He’s talking about the galushki (aka halushki) recipe I posted earlier.  I have read there is a Polish “halushki” that is some kind of soup and not at all like the Ukrainian dish of the same name.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/556465/1C38B913-63C6-437F-B828-2C6BCF79FC5E_jpe-2551973.JPG
View Quote

I know he is, but that’s just a variation with bacon and other stuff. It’s still the same thing - halushki or galushki. Just different spelling.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 7:04:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Updated ISW maps.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 7:07:16 PM EDT
[#6]

He’s talking about the galushki (aka halushki) recipe I posted earlier.  I have read there is a Polish “halushki” that is some kind of soup and not at all like the Ukrainian dish of the same name.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/556465/1C38B913-63C6-437F-B828-2C6BCF79FC5E_jpe-2551973.JPG
View Quote

holy shit that looks tasty
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 7:09:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Hking:

View Quote

Sure effing is. And it’s stupid simple to make. Love them with loads of butter and fresh cracked pepper.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 7:13:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#8]

We’ll see what the days and weeks ahead bring. I hope the Russians get their asses kicked so fucking hard that they lose the ability to field an army for more than a generation.

Edit - spelling.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 7:13:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

Updated ISW maps.
View Quote

thanks for what you do
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 7:16:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Another take on the southern front:

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 7:19:04 PM EDT
[#11]

The dogs are turning on each other. See the previously posted videos about conscript revolt and take-down of Wagner-affiliated media personnel on the last few pages.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 7:19:35 PM EDT
[#12]
So what was the announcement that Georgia legion was dropping? Was it just the Rick Roll?
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 7:20:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:

I wish I could go back in time to Feb and post in here that in 7 months every single Russian will be dead or wounded.

I don't think we'd believe me, to put it lightly.

View All Quotes

We're probably at 100% casualties of the original 190K troops.  60K KIA, 120K WIA assuming a 1:2 ratio.

I wish I could go back in time to Feb and post in here that in 7 months every single Russian will be dead or wounded.

I don't think we'd believe me, to put it lightly.

WVU would have had better odds of winning the Superbowl.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 7:22:27 PM EDT
[#14]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FeVp-s5WAAEawd4?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

Oooof, 460 tanks captured?!  It’s like the Russians transferred 2-3 entire armored divisions to the Ukrainians.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 7:25:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Video at link:

https://nitter.net/maria_avdv/status/1577553529539100673#m

These Iranian one-way attack drones continue to target Odesa and there doesn't seem to be any real fully effective defense against them.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 7:30:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By doc540:

thanks for what you do
View Quote

My pleasure. Lots of great contributions being made by others in this thread too! This thread is the sum of what we all contribute.

Someone has to wade through the Twitter-verse.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 7:32:10 PM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 7:33:16 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

Halushki and galushki are the same thing. Did you mean Pelmeni?

Halushski is just cabbage and noodles, and not a soup.

There's a Polish white version of borscht that is not really like any other Eastern soup named that though.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 7:33:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Jack841:

Is it just me or does this smell like copium? "It's not the Ukrainians, it's the damned US with their science fiction level technology!" I don't doubt the UA has benefited mightily from US/Western electronic intelligence, but the AI business seems over the top.
View All Quotes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FeVcjJ2XoAUeMy2?format=png&name=medium

I don't think your wrong, it certainly has some copium in the report.  Russian forces cant admit they are losing to Ukraine so now they are fighting NATO.  They cant win individual battles, now its because of US super A.I. skynet stuff.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 7:34:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Cure4commies556:

Oooof, 460 tanks captured?!  It’s like the Russians transferred 2-3 entire armored divisions to the Ukrainians.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cure4commies556:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FeVp-s5WAAEawd4?format=jpg&name=900x900

Its actually a self sustaining and growing offensive this way.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 7:36:18 PM EDT
[#21]

RU T-80s got fucking rekt.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 7:38:32 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

It doesn't sound like AI. It sounds like Aegis, overlaying data from multiple sensors provided by multiple systems.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 7:38:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#23]
Originally Posted By Spade:

Halushski is just cabbage and noodles, and not a soup.

There's a Polish white version of borscht that is not really like any other Eastern soup named that though.
View Quote

Never had them with cabbage or in noodle form. That’s another variation. My wife has had that version. The classic Ukrainian ones that I’ve always had looks like this:

Basically a long piece of raw dough that’s cut into small pieces and boiled.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 7:47:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

Ukraine is saying they are getting calls from recent conscripts who are still in Russia.
View Quote

Hello, i'd like to make a reservation for surrender?  Am i in Ukraine yet?  No, does that matter?  No, i think i have to come... i've been told i'm going.  My mother wants a new Lada and she prefers my younger brothers.  Yes, i'll hold.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 7:51:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: governmentman] [#25]
Originally Posted By Brok3n:
Video at link:

https://nitter.net/maria_avdv/status/1577553529539100673#m

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/65378/hsfhfj_PNG-2552004.png

These Iranian one-way attack drones continue to target Odesa and there doesn't seem to be any real fully effective defense against them.
View Quote

They're made for hitting unprotected infrastructure. The warhead is fairly small, they can only hit stationary targets. The one thing they have going for them is range.

They're a nasty little piece of work, but not a game changer.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 7:53:02 PM EDT
[#26]

I know he is, but that’s just a variation with bacon and other stuff. It’s still the same thing - halushki or galushki. Just different spelling.
View All Quotes

Galuska is the Hungarian version that's just noodles and we add bacon and sour cream and other stuff.

Once again...slavs kipping....on traditional Magyar delicacy..
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 7:57:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By DonS:

Realistically at this point getting Zelensky probably wouldn't change much for the Russians. Early on it would have been another matter. If he's replaced they will follow his template. Not as well since his acting skills are an advantage and he presents himself better than most, but they will show his resolve.
View All Quotes

Don't think so. There was actual shooting in Kyiv when the security services tracked down one of the groups. Kyiv ate a ton of missiles early on but IDK if any were directed at any of the bunkers. Probably would have been pointless. Russia just doesn't have the air superiority or satellites to pull it off unless they get really lucky. The entire Russian strategy was based on capturing and taking out the govt.

Eventually we'll hear the whole story but I'm quite certain it was not a psyop.

Realistically at this point getting Zelensky probably wouldn't change much for the Russians. Early on it would have been another matter. If he's replaced they will follow his template. Not as well since his acting skills are an advantage and he presents himself better than most, but they will show his resolve.

They kill him and they'll turn him into a martyr. UA might go medieval on their ass for that.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 7:57:36 PM EDT
[#28]

Because we didn't cut back on weapon supplies after the bombing. Rather we continued to increase them. Was there another hit on a Russian recently that I missed that would have triggered this? This leak puts lives in danger. IMO it isn't a trivial thing for PR or sending messages.

View Quote

I'm not aware of one, but I don't think any of us are aware of much.  For all we know, our intel knew about THAT hit, and also know about a potential hit coming up....hence the message.
It is all just speculation at this point.   I'm trying to not take a position first, then back into the reasoning without knowing any of the story outside of what the NYT said.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 7:59:04 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Sounds like he's saying goodbye.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 7:59:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Obo2:

nice cock
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gentlemanfarmer:

My wife’s got the list there’s at least 3 that are owed war swag.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/419667/4AC2BA18-B220-4975-875D-5A7BA94E97C3_jpe-2551841.JPG

We’ll see I’m putting it out for guys who get stuff to give us war duff now. Mila didn’t like the idea because she’s a give and not expect person but I understand the desire for war memorabilia. I got mine over there but it means way more than it’s worth in $$$. So we’re gathering. Her mom comes first real snow the dacha gets closed up and grandpa drinks so she heads here.

nice cock

He photobombed the hell out of that picture! LOL!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 8:02:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Ukraine should open a Russian surrender hotline/call center staffed by Indians.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 8:03:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

It sounds like the iron fist yanking down the iron curtain.

I'll bet if 2 generations had experienced an open russia it would have made a difference. Open internet, open travel, open educational exchange. But not now.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stone-age:
Originally Posted By elcope:
Well, things might be getting spicy.

It sounds like the iron fist yanking down the iron curtain.

I'll bet if 2 generations had experienced an open russia it would have made a difference. Open internet, open travel, open educational exchange. But not now.

Social media would have destroyed that
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 8:04:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

Yes gimme the gorbäge
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
Originally Posted By weptek911:

Fadedsun and M35ben will buy them!

Yes gimme the gorbäge

I still want one of those shitty abandoned Urals but I don’t know why.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 8:05:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Ukrainian govt animated map.

View Quote

Love those animated maps.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 8:06:14 PM EDT
[#35]

I wish this wasn’t true. If another friend asks me why Biden blew up the pipeline I’m going to quit my job and run to Ukraine to do whatever they need me to do. I feel like half my circle of gun buds have morphed into infowars. The others can’t accept that democrats are at least not screwing something up or collaborating with Ukraine to destroy them. My few pro 2A liberal/apolitical friends/coworkers have become war experts and ruthless. It’s upside down inside out.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
Nobody likes a loser.  Russia is shedding friends faster than it loses occupied territory.
Only new friends it is making is "free thinking conservatives". Still keeping friends of NK and Iran, so that is going for them.

I wish this wasn’t true. If another friend asks me why Biden blew up the pipeline I’m going to quit my job and run to Ukraine to do whatever they need me to do. I feel like half my circle of gun buds have morphed into infowars. The others can’t accept that democrats are at least not screwing something up or collaborating with Ukraine to destroy them. My few pro 2A liberal/apolitical friends/coworkers have become war experts and ruthless. It’s upside down inside out.

Same here for the most part.  I've had to cut off more people in my local circle than I have kept. All they do now at work is complain about all the money and equipment that our country has sent.  They'd be really triggered if they knew I have willingly donated to the cause.

I'm thankful that at least my immediate family gets it.  My dad is very happy to see Ukraine fighting like they are after all the Soviet crap he remembers from his time in the Navy in the 60s.  It's a bright spot for him in a current world without a lot of good news to look at.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 8:06:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By CS223:
The T-14's barrel doesn't track with the terrain change?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CS223:
Originally Posted By Prime:
The T-14's barrel doesn't track with the terrain change?

What a piece of shit!
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 8:08:09 PM EDT
[#37]

Hot BUK action.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 8:09:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By BlackHoleSon:

Actually I did miss that. Still the gas mask and smoldering rag shit, mass graves, videos a previous poster mentioned....there's so much civilian targeted barbarism embedded deep but there has never been such a point in their conquest wars where they've been vulnerable enough to, idk how to say it...rub the rank and file soldiers face in it like a dog? They went for big air and seriously misjudged the landing. Never again will this many young Russian males will be able to be humbled. There has to be a rehab type thing because it's still going to be up to this age group to change culture...if it's possible
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BlackHoleSon:

While a tub full of teeth is pretty disturbing I think you are missing the point of this particular tweet that these teeth were only looted from the dentists home not collected by russians from people.

Actually I did miss that. Still the gas mask and smoldering rag shit, mass graves, videos a previous poster mentioned....there's so much civilian targeted barbarism embedded deep but there has never been such a point in their conquest wars where they've been vulnerable enough to, idk how to say it...rub the rank and file soldiers face in it like a dog? They went for big air and seriously misjudged the landing. Never again will this many young Russian males will be able to be humbled. There has to be a rehab type thing because it's still going to be up to this age group to change culture...if it's possible

Don't forget that big dildo they laid out next to the box of teeth and the gas mask.

Russians are some sick fucks.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 8:10:26 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

A pretty sad call honestly, especially if he was pressed into service.

I hope more wake up and turn on their commanders
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 8:11:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By jough43:
Ukraine should open a Russian surrender hotline/call center staffed by Indians.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 8:14:05 PM EDT
[#41]

My wife’s got the list there’s at least 3 that are owed war swag.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/419667/4AC2BA18-B220-4975-875D-5A7BA94E97C3_jpe-2551841.JPG

We’ll see I’m putting it out for guys who get stuff to give us war duff now. Mila didn’t like the idea because she’s a give and not expect person but I understand the desire for war memorabilia. I got mine over there but it means way more than it’s worth in $$$. So we’re gathering. Her mom comes first real snow the dacha gets closed up and grandpa drinks so she heads here.
View Quote

I bet that rooster would be appreciated over there also..
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 8:14:52 PM EDT
[#42]

Sure effing is. And it’s stupid simple to make. Love them with loads of butter and fresh cracked pepper.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hking:

Well my Phillie cheese steaks were awesome! First time I ever made them. I downloaded the recipe you posted and will be trying it out this weekend if I feel good enough!
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 8:14:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#43]
Originally Posted By Jozsi:

Galuska is the Hungarian version that's just noodles and we add bacon and sour cream and other stuff.

Once again...slavs kipping....on traditional Magyar delicacy..
View Quote

No, we claim it as ours!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 8:17:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 8:21:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Tucker Carlson bought up all the Cherry Balmz to continue 6 months of Putin d*ck riding
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 8:26:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 8:27:42 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Their defense grid is smashed. Their only option is to send the T100 (or T62) back to 1984 and kill his mother.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 8:32:43 PM EDT
[#48]
From the BBC: Space, the unseen frontier in the war in Ukraine
The war in Ukraine has underlined the growing importance of space to armies on the ground.

In an interview with the BBC, the head of the US Space Force, General Jay Raymond, describes it as the "first war where commercial space capabilities have really played a significant role". It's also the first major conflict in which both sides have become so reliant on space...
View Quote

...Air Vice-Marshal Godfrey says ISR satellites have also been essential for "telling the truth" about the war.

He gives the example of the massacre in Bucha, near Ukraine's capital Kyiv. He says Russian claims that the bodies of dead civilians were already on the streets when they arrived were contradicted by time-stamped satellite imagery showing otherwise...

...recently Ukrainian volunteers have fundraised enough money to buy an entire satellite to help the country's military in detecting Russian targets...
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 8:34:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By elcope:
Well, now that we're all hungry for slavic won tons and dumpling stew what're the odds that the Ukrainians are going to open a new axis of attack on Melitipol?

View Quote

I’m very hungry now.

I’d guess something gives there in the next two weeks. Need to fix and crush the reinforcements en route and forces already around and in Kherson. Wonder what the weather forecast looks like…
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 8:40:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By TacticalDeletion:
Mikhail Khodarenok calling the war from 2015, almost play by play. https://russiandefpolicy.com/2015/03/24/how-the-third-world-war-begins/ This guy is smarter than Strelkov, methinks. They need to reactivate him and give him a star or two ... or three - if they are to start making more strategically analytical operational decisions.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TacticalDeletion:

Wow . . . Thank god that corruption that keeps guys like this away from command in Russian.

thankgodtheirsostupid.gif

Page / 5590
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2724 of 5590)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top