Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2834 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:10:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
View Quote

Sounds an awful lot like the German use of hiwis in WWII.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:10:52 AM EDT
[#2]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfLoKpXXkAAE6Dm?format=png&name=900x900
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfLj5AcWYAAj_ZB?format=jpg&name=900x900

Video here:

These could be the regular unguided 122mm rockets, but interesting when you can see them coming in regardless.
View Quote

Wow, NICE catch.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:11:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Regarding the HARM strike on Belograd

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:12:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

They are coming from Belarus again. RU is too desperate for men and equipment to send them to Belarus as a distraction.  

Belarus is doing a "covert" mobilization. I'm 50:50 on actual Belarussian troops entering Ukraine or just getting ready in case Poland (or Ukraine) gets sick of their shit and come calling for Lukashenko.

I see this as the last option for Putin: They know they lost and their only chance for some partial success is to put pressure on Kiev and get them to negotiate or withdraw enough troops from the East so Russia can take the rest of the 4 annexed regions.
View Quote

I am fairly certain that Ukr has troops ready to defend the North...
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:12:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LurkerII] [#5]

In English it says "No Hold"
View Quote

Thanks, still working on my first cup of coffee this morning.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:13:30 AM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:14:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By LurkerII:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LurkerII:

In English it says "No Hold"

lol, we're all at that same point before our coffee too.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:14:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Harlikwin:

That was true 20 years ago, not so much today.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Harlikwin:
Originally Posted By ludder093:
China uses a lot of Russian stuff in their military.

That was true 20 years ago, not so much today.

Still true...now they have started their own stuff...but a looooot of their stuff is Soviet...
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:15:34 AM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:27:38 AM EDT
[#10]
The Russian Military Is Screwed
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:29:21 AM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

Clearly Iran is just helping Russia fight the globohomo and uphold Christian values.

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:29:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:31:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sq40] [#13]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

Clearly Iran is just helping Russia fight the globohomo and uphold Christian values.

View All Quotes

I’m going to steal that.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:31:28 AM EDT
[#14]
They need Iron Dome and some of the more advanced Israeli drones like yesterday.

It’d be a shame if something happened to those Iranian shipments. They are sneaky bastards though.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:31:40 AM EDT
[#15]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfLZJySXgAAFfNq?format=jpg&name=small

This means we can send ATACMS now, right?  It's only fair at this point.
View Quote

I hope so.

This is big news as it will just extend the conflict timeline to the right, fucking POS Iranian regime
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:32:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Big news.
Originally Posted By Prime:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfMM1hzXoAIkbwY?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:33:06 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

HARPY drones and Iron Dome!
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:33:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#18]
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:33:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

I don't think the Ukrainians were prepared for an assault of that size at all (moderate though it was). Maybe they were TDF, or maybe they were in a thinly held sector.

I didn't see any vehicles, any AT weapons, and the defenses were primarily the two bunkers right on the road, and some other rather sad looking dugouts off the road. They didn't even appear to have vehicles of any kind, and their positions didn't have any depth (meaning they had nowhere else behind to run TO).

So yeah, considering the Russians had 1 or more tanks and 2 BMPs + dismounts, that went about how I would expect.

Without ATGMs, mortars, or artillery to call upon, I also couldn't reasonably expect they would just remain there, in a badly prepared position, taking direct fire from tanks.
View Quote

That video of a small attack had more drama than the best action scenes from Saving private Ryan or Band of Brothers. I just wish we had more info about it from either the RU or the UA. Since the RU had a drone in the air observing and probably directing the attack, it was probably well planned and organized, at least by RU standards. There was certainly more happening off camera or too far to be seen, probably on the right flank. I bet the vid will be studies and discussed in various war colleges or at least infantry/armor schools for years.

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:34:06 AM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

Man, Pootie is gonna really be pissed that teh joos are going to help the nazis.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:36:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LurkerII] [#21]

View Quote

What would Ben have done?

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:37:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By sq40:

I’m going to steal that.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sq40:

I’m going to steal that.

lol, that was a good one.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:39:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Brok3n:

View All Quotes

That kind of support would certainly help change the playing field overnight.  I can only imagine most everyone backing Ukraine is pushing up some timetables to get the new air defense systems up for Ukraine sooner rather than later now.

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:41:33 AM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:43:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

Man, Pootie is gonna really be pissed that teh joos are going to help the nazis.
View All Quotes

And then there is that...

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:43:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:46:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:47:25 AM EDT
[#28]

Is there an over/under on whether we get to 100K?
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:48:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:49:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Capta:

We don’t know his intentions and I’ve never said that.
What I’ve tried to do is to look at Lukashenko’s actions and positioning from the perspective of “what is this consistent with?  What is possible?”  Not “what is the convenient propaganda view?”
The conventional wisdom here and elsewhere is that Lukashenko is a buffoon and a toady.  I believe the facts say otherwise.  He didn’t invade (on 2/24) when there was every incentive to do so and little apparent reason not to.  This is almost certainly not by chance.  He either had access to better information than Putin or evaluated the information he had much better than Putin.
In the very early days when stuff started going brown for Russia he didn't throw reserves in when it would have been reasonable to do so, indicating again he was actively making intelligent decisions for his interests.  And he has kept Belarus mostly out of the war despite what must have been intense pressure from Putin, indicating he isn’t just a puppet.
After that, what are his interests?  How does he achieve them?  What is his endgame?  Putin is clearly “playing out the string” hoping to draw 4 cards to a straight flush, or win on a bluff.  Lukashenko, I believe, is not “playing out the string.”  He has options outside of a Gotterdammerung finale with Putin.  So how does he get there?  What are his actions consistent with?  Could they be consistent with more than one option?
Take crypto mobilization.  If one doesn’t bother to go beyond the “toady” impression, then mobilization is to help Russia invade Ukraine again.  (Which Lukashenko has refused to do for 8 months.). However, factually, mobilization only provides an increased capability to exert policy through force.  You plan for capabilities, not intents.  Lukashenko will have a larger, somewhat more capable military to be used for an unknown intent.  That is what we can factually say.
I argue that this capability is equally consistent with the desire to secure his regime against Russia, as it is to invade Ukraine.
View Quote

I generally agree that Lukashenko is not an idiot. He has been doing pretty good walking a tightrope between Putin and NATO.

But I think the reason Belarus did not take an active part on the Feb 24th invasion is that Russia/Putin "knew" it would be a pushover and they were too proud to share in the glory. They were expecting a 3 day operation. They assumed (probably from a variety of intel sources) that Zelensky would flee and the UA would fold quickly. That all went to shit and Putin is now desperate.  

At this point, I'm sure Lukashenko wants no part of this shit sandwich but his marker is being called and he has no choice. Join Russia and share in the 10% chance of success now OR defy Putin and take 100% chance of being removed either by Putin or by the Belarussian people who are being pacified by Russian troops.

Do we really think that Putin would press-gang the sons of elites in Moscow and St. Pete, send them into the meatgrinder, yet be shy about sending Belarussian troops. Putin is all in and he will do anything and everything at this point.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:51:59 AM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

Just to try to keep this straight in my own mind-
Pootie says Russia is the true defender of the Christian faith, which is of course why Iran is helping out because they are so supportive of not only crusades but very specifically Christians as a whole.
Pootie says Ukraine is rampant with nazis, and that Russia must invade and crush them as an existential threat, which is of course why Israel is now going to send military aid because they are down with the brown(shirts) and have spent their entire existence as a nation providing material, financial, and legal support to Adolph's minions.
Pootie says Russia is the last bastion against perversion and globohomo, which is why we have the drone video feed of two of his champions coming and going at the same time.
I think those are the high points.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:52:59 AM EDT
[#32]
If I was a Russian not in Kherson I would be worried.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:53:04 AM EDT
[#33]
The only logical explanation I can come up with as to why we haven't sent ATACMS yet is that some elements of the Biden Administration (probably including Biden himself) are stalling. After all, it has to be remembered that Biden was against the raid to get UBL. The Ukrainians likely have very good intelligence as to what's going on deep in Russia's rear, both through NATO and their own SIGINT and HUMINT, hence why they've been begging for ATACMS for months. It's really a shame that we haven't supplied any, and that the Biden Administration has shown no indication that they're going to supply any in the future.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:53:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:54:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:56:08 AM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

LOL!
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:56:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Sounds like China wants to sell to everyone and not be punished for it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:57:18 AM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

GIT-R-Done
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:58:20 AM EDT
[#39]
I get the "This site cannot be reached" message
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:59:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By JTF:

GIT-R-Done
https://i.postimg.cc/gkPwJRZr/GitRDone.jpg
View Quote
I'm sure I have done the pose as the dude on the left
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 10:00:41 AM EDT
[#41]

Pootie says Russia is the true defender of the Christian faith, which is of course why Iran is helping out because they are so supportive of not only crusades but very specifically Christians as a whole.
Pootie says Ukraine is rampant with nazis, and that Russia must invade and crush them as an existential threat, which is of course why Israel is now going to send military aid because they are down with the brown(shirts) and have spent their entire existence as a nation providing material, financial, and legal support to Adolph's minions.
Pootie says Russia is the last bastion against perversion and globohomo, which is why we have the drone video feed of two of his champions coming and going at the same time.
View All Quotes

Or, it was really just Russian propaganda for gullible Americans to divide us and Russia is the baddies all along . Hard to tell...
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 10:02:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Easterner] [#42]
Should I be concerned with seeing people buying up old electronics on the streets? I also saw some posts in a local Facebook group buying radio tubes by the kilogram. Seems like more than a hobby.

Aren't these components used in the older systems Russia has been fielding?

@AlmightyTallest
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 10:10:37 AM EDT
[#43]

Sounds an awful lot like the German use of hiwis in WWII.
View Quote

It's exactly how Russia fought in WWII.

At least the Russians haven't started jailing the family members of troops who surrender. Yet..
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 10:12:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By thehun06:

I am fairly certain that Ukr has troops ready to defend the North...
View Quote

Me too. And I'm 100% sure that the preps and assembling of troops will be in view of our intel satellites. The UA will be ready if/when a new front opens up from Belarus.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 10:13:14 AM EDT
[#45]

Good. Good. The Israelis have a whole bunch of systems that would prove useful for Ukraine. Harpy, Iron Dome, Atmos-2000, various drones. They also have an upgrade program for the Mig-29 that provides for an AESA radar install and Python/Derby missile integration. This would also provide Ukraine with yet another supplier of 155mm shells and various rocket artillery systems.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 10:13:36 AM EDT
[#46]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfLZJySXgAAFfNq?format=jpg&name=small

This means we can send ATACMS now, right?  It's only fair at this point.
View Quote
lob a few cruize missiles at Irans production facilities, what are they going to do shake their fist in the air and yell death to America a few more times
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 10:16:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

That analysis claims the Plutonium cores have expired...Plutonium has a half life of 24,000 years.

It's my understanding that the Tritium (like in gunsights, watches, and ACOGs) is what goes bad in nukes, and needs to be swapped out every 20 years for them to be able to achieve Fusion.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfHMZkWXwAAu2M1?format=jpg&name=small

That analysis claims the Plutonium cores have expired...Plutonium has a half life of 24,000 years.

It's my understanding that the Tritium (like in gunsights, watches, and ACOGs) is what goes bad in nukes, and needs to be swapped out every 20 years for them to be able to achieve Fusion.

Agreed. I stopped believing that moron soon as he said that. No doubt the Russian nuclear weapons aren’t maintained in the numbers they had during the Cold War, they simply can’t afford to.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 10:17:15 AM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

I hope it's more along the lines of Sea Breakers launched from Israel. Some limpet mines courtesy of S-13 would be good too. No need for UA to have to defend against those missiles, they should never make it to their destination to begin with.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 10:17:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Easterner:
Should I be concerned with seeing people buying up old electronics on the streets? I also saw some posts in a local Facebook group buying radio tubes by the kilogram. Seems like more than a hobby.

@AlmightyTallest
View Quote

Maybe, but also in anticipation of nuke use.

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 10:18:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

@AlmightyTallest
View Quote

Depends on what those tubes are.

12AU7/AT7/AX7 and similar along with 6L6...probably audiophools. High power transmitting tubes usable into low VHF? Hams.

High power stuff operable into microwave frequencies might be destined for Mil usage. The Russians had a huge surplus tube market going for a while themselves.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2834 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top