Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4247 of 5590)
Page / 5590
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 6/13/2023 10:47:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
View Quote

Towed faster than an Orc tank can drive.

Link Posted: 6/13/2023 10:48:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:

ETA -- saw the answer

Now OTHER nations would be a likely source of 'large' quantities of M60s if they are looking to upgrade...

get some

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/13/2023 10:48:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Russian Media Monitor. This is Sergey Mardan. He's not rabid like Solovyov, but his bigotry is huge. "This is our land! It was stolen from us! Ukraine doesn't exist, it was always Russia! Kyiv was always a Russian city and always will be!"

Russian propagandist argues Ukraine does not exist

And to illustrate how wrong he is, here again is the 1991 secession vote results by oblast:

That map needs to be plastered in every school, newspaper, and web site in Russia. Except they'd just say it's a lie.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 10:49:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ServusVeritatis] [#4]
Originally Posted By 1st-Armored-Division:
This pic gives it away.. (IF you know?) 200+ coming soon!
https://i.imgur.com/F01MPn7.jpg
View Quote

Never mind
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 10:51:25 AM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

Wonder if there wete any survivors.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 10:56:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 10:59:13 AM EDT
[#7]

DING!.. DING!.. We have a winner-
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mcantu:
M60A3?

DING!.. DING!.. We have a winner-
Florks gunna be bizy
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:02:32 AM EDT
[#8]

The A3's had a really kick ass thermal sight that in some ways was superior to the early M1's back in the day.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E46ijR2WYAAr7vL?format=jpg&name=medium
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TiePilot69:
I knew it was an M60, couldn't have guess the version. It's cool to see them going to good use. Some of the more modern upgrade packages for them look pretty potent.

Will be a good counter for the older soviet crap they are pushing to the front.

The A3's had a really kick ass thermal sight that in some ways was superior to the early M1's back in the day.

My buddy's brother was on one of the M1 panels. He tells it that they had already signed the contract for the M1 sights and Chrysler already had a bunch produced so they were stuck with the original sight while the m60 got the somewhat better sight.

My buddy was on M48A5s in Korea so he was jealous either way.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:04:08 AM EDT
[#9]
8 min ago.

Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:06:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#10]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

My buddy's brother was on one of the M1 panels. He tells it that they had already signed the contract for the M1 sights and Chrysler already had a bunch produced so they were stuck with the original sight while the m60 got the somewhat better sight.

View All Quotes
I knew it was an M60, couldn't have guess the version. It's cool to see them going to good use. Some of the more modern upgrade packages for them look pretty potent.

I was surprised when I discovered the difference between those early sights.  Even if the M-60's would still use them they are superior to what the Russians are putting into their latest T-80's.

A salute to you and your friends that worked with those earlier systems and served.  
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:06:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Toybasher:
How good is the M60 compared to Ukraine's "native" (what they had prior to the start of the war) tanks?

EDIT: According to wikipedia they have a mishmash of T-72s, T-84s, etc.
View Quote

I went down the Wikipedia rabbit. Hole. This doesn’t answer your question, but I just wanted to say I had no idea such a beast was built or was even possible

Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:08:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fadedsun] [#12]

V92 or vt903?

ETA: avds
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:18:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

"Who run Blyattown?"
View Quote

Nailed me.... half a mouthful of coffee on new keyboard
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:20:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:21:15 AM EDT
[#15]

I was surprised when I discovered the difference between those early sights.  Even if the M-60's would still use them they are superior to what the Russians are putting into their latest T-80's.

A salute to you and your friends that worked with those earlier systems and served.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:26:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

I DONT want to rehash this bullshit again but what conservative principals did Trump fail or disappoint you on?
He ran on beating ISIS (check),
Stopping the Nork missile terror campaign (check)
Controlling the border and reducing immigration (check)
Building a border wall and making Mexico pay for it (partial check since the demo-commies fought tooth and nail to stop him)
Getting NATO to pay their share (partial check due to German corruption)
Getting the EU to stop buying Russian oil and gas (partial check again due to german corruption)
Getting China China CHINA to practice fair trade and pay tariffs (check)
Swearing in the most conservative judges, including 2 very conservative SCOTUS judges (check)
And maybe most importantly rebuilding the US military (check).
Lowered taxes (check)
Rebuilt the economy 2X (check)

All of this while fighting the doj/fbi/dnc cabal, the MSM, half the RINO party, fake Russian collusion hoaxes, impeachments, and a literal coup run out of his own bureaucracy!!!

He also tried reproachment with Putin and Russia while stopping Nord Steam, being the first to send lethal aid to Ukraine, blowing up a fuck-load of wagner in Syria, and launching Tomahawks over desert, and Trump's term was the only time Russia did NOT invade anyone.

Are you one of the "but my bump stocks" gang? Or some feminist still blushing from the "grab them by the pussy" joke? Maybe John Mccain or Romney is your ideal "republican".  

Please start a new fucking thread about why you hate Trump and stop bringing down this one.
View Quote

TRULY THE HERO WE NEED, not the one we deserve. Can we stay on fucking topic, M24?
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:28:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AeroEngineer] [#17]
Deleted
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:29:15 AM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

Alas, not I.

Growing up around Ft Knox did have it's advantages though.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:31:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#19]

Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:31:10 AM EDT
[#20]

lol, he's a real life version of Droopy dog.

Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:33:19 AM EDT
[#21]

Alas, not I.

View All Quotes

Alas, not I.

lol, lucky.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:35:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

V92 or vt903?
View Quote

Not sure? Maybe 200 out of the 300, or so will be salvaged?.. from what I'm told. I did hear that there are major issues for the spare parts (of course) Especially in regards to the awesome TTS. Cheaper to do a new Gen 3 thermal / fire control system instead of repairing the TTS stuff. This is what I'm told.. (limited)

Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:35:44 AM EDT
[#23]
lol.

Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:37:19 AM EDT
[#24]
An anecdote relevant to earlier discussion about civilian morale.

Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:37:31 AM EDT
[#25]

Not sure? Maybe 200 out of the 300, or so will be salvaged?.. from what I'm told. I did hear that there are major issues for the spare parts (of course) Especially in regards to the awesome TTS. Cheaper to do a new Gen 3 thermal / fire control system instead of repairing the TTS stuff. This is what I'm told.. (limited)
https://i.imgur.com/NV1gUti.jpg

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

V92 or vt903?

I think your correct on the new Gen 3 thermal replacement vs the ancient system originally installed.   It makes the system even better at night.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:38:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:39:30 AM EDT
[#27]

[/quo

te]I could use the TTS take offs.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:39:42 AM EDT
[#28]
lol.

View Quote

“Wait till I send in the REAL units to fight!”

Lol
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:40:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Ukraine war: Russia says it captured German tanks in Zaporizhzhia
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:42:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Zhukov] [#30]
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:42:57 AM EDT
[#31]
words of a retired cia spook.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:43:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

Interesting engine design and not something I've seen before (then again: I'm no expert). Long con rods and no single cylinder head, but individual cylinder heads with large cooling vanes - is that air cooled? It doesn't look like there are any channels for coolant to flow through. The whole thing is so unlike any diesel or gasoline engine I've seen taken apart.
View Quote
Yes it's an air cooler turbocharged diesel engine
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:44:46 AM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

How much if i just order one?  And whats the best you can do on a group buy?
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:45:24 AM EDT
[#34]
lol.

View Quote

"Our retreating countrymen won't stand a chance when we light the up with DU due to this escalation"
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:45:59 AM EDT
[#35]
In the South, our fighters occupied the "bunker", which the Russian occupiers defended for a long time.

Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:49:07 AM EDT
[#36]

lol, lucky.
View All Quotes

Alas, not I.

lol, lucky.

My dad was there in 66 or 67.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:51:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

They never got the memo that terror bombing doesn't work, and rallies your enemy's popular support. Anybody seen polling data on people's opinions toward Russia before 2022 and now? Even Russian-speaking people in Kharkiv, Zaporizhia, Kherson, etc want nothing to do with Russia anymore. There is generational hate toward Russia now.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
I think they are 100 percent intentionally hitting crowded apartment buildings. There mindset is not to wear down the military of Ukraine but the civilian will. But it's backfiring on them.. keep in mind this is an army that deploys troops to kill there own soldiers who retreat. Killing civilian s on your enemies ground means absolutely nothing g to them but to degrade the fighting will and spirit of the collective nation of ukraine.

They never got the memo that terror bombing doesn't work, and rallies your enemy's popular support. Anybody seen polling data on people's opinions toward Russia before 2022 and now? Even Russian-speaking people in Kharkiv, Zaporizhia, Kherson, etc want nothing to do with Russia anymore. There is generational hate toward Russia now.

Good
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:52:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Not the turret toss I was hoping for, but a blowtorch instead.

View Quote

Barbecue!
Me and you
stinky pinky
pew pew pew...

Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:52:33 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By ROTCatCU:
Hopefully those M60's are being outfitted as dedicated mine rollers. Burn a few up to clear a lane for the modern armor.
View Quote

They should have done that in first place
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:54:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:56:10 AM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

No way to know that was even the tank
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:56:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:59:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#43]
HA! Beat.

Link Posted: 6/13/2023 12:02:04 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ROTCatCU:
Hopefully those M60's are being outfitted as dedicated mine rollers. Burn a few up to clear a lane for the modern armor.

Wondering if they would work as crippled vehicle recovery units as well.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 12:02:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By BlackHoleSon:

"Our retreating countrymen won't stand a chance when we light the up with DU due to this escalation"
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BlackHoleSon:
lol.

The russian way of commanding troops.

"Tell them they are not allowed to retreat!"
Sir they are retreating
"Tell them if they retreat they won't get paid!"
Sir they are still retreating
"Tell them if they retreat they will be shot!"
"Tell them if they retreat we will drown them!"
"Tell them if they retreat they will be shot with Depleted Uranium!"
"Tell them if they retreat WE WILL NUKE THEM!"
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 12:09:02 PM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 6/13/2023 12:11:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 12:11:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Another night attack and another terrorism of the occupying state against the civilian population of Ukraine.

On the night of June 13, the enemy struck from strategic aviation - eight Tu-95ms bombers from the Caspian region, as well as several strike drones from the south.

A total of 14 Kh-101/Kh-555 air-based cruise missiles and up to four Shahed-136/131 unmanned aerial vehicles were launched.

The forces and means of air defense of the Air Force destroyed 10 cruise missiles and one attack drone.

In the city of Kryvyi Rih, rockets hit a residential sector, in particular, a five-story building... We sympathize with the families of those killed and injured at the hands of terrorists...

In the morning, the Russians launched a second attack from the Caspian Sea with three Tu-95ms. According to preliminary data, only one cruise missile reached Ukraine this time, which was destroyed by Ukrainian air defense!

😡 There will be retribution for every Ukrainian life!
🇺🇦 Let's win!
✊ Let's keep the sky!

Link Posted: 6/13/2023 12:12:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 12:17:03 PM EDT
[#50]

Page / 5590
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4247 of 5590)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top