Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4428 of 5590)
Page / 5590
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 7/5/2023 11:31:21 AM EDT
[#1]
@FriskyDillo

Can you co-witness irons with the low mount? I was thinking of using the high rise mount since it's open with a window. Just playing with the gun stuff. Starting to feel at home.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 11:34:56 AM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 7/5/2023 11:36:02 AM EDT
[#3]
5 min ago.

Link Posted: 7/5/2023 11:39:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#4]
I pointed this out many pages ago when NASAMS was being shipped to Ukraine.

From the photo posted by the Ukrainian Air Force, bottom right corner of a NASAMS launcher, they are using the old AIM-120B.  These were first delivered in 1994 for reference.

https://www.designation-systems.net/dusrm/m-120.html

The AIM-120B, which was first delivered in late 1994, had a new WGU-41/B guidance section. It had software in reprogrammable EPROM modules, a new digital processor and other electronics updates.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 11:39:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Zam18th] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Good! Finally a leader steps up and calls them on it.
Hope it shames more leaders into taking action.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 11:44:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Woo twitter is working
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 11:45:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Easterner:
@FriskyDillo

Can you co-witness irons with the low mount? I was thinking of using the high rise mount since it's open with a window. Just playing with the gun stuff. Starting to feel at home.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20230705_182810_jpg-2874478.JPG
View Quote

@Easterner Yes and no. It doesn't co-witness when the rear iron is on the 0-3 rungs of the ladder, but it sort of does when the rear iron is set on the +400 meters rungs.  The top of the front sight is sort of visible so you could use the red dot as a big ghost-ring if needed.  

I think its supposed to co-witness, but it may just be the rail I'm using and my AK is a yugo pattern, for what that is worth. I'll double check and take some photos tonight after I get home from work.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 11:48:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Easterner] [#8]
Originally Posted By FriskyDillo:

@Easterner Yes and no. It doesn't co-witness when the rear iron is on the 0-3 rungs of the ladder, but it sort of does when the rear iron is set on the +400 meters rungs.  The top of the front sight is sort of visible so you could use the red dot as a big ghost-ring if needed.  

I think its supposed to co-witness, but it may just be the rail I'm using and my AK is a yugo pattern, for what that is worth. I'll double check and take some photos tonight after I get home from work.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FriskyDillo:
Originally Posted By Easterner:
@FriskyDillo

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20230705_182810_jpg-2874478.JPG

Thanks, just curious. I won't be locktiting anything just yet. Once I'm issued my weapon I'll have some time at the shooting range to test things out.

I get to test out all this Ukrainian gear and report back to you guys. Someone tell Igor to call me. I don't want him to lose a customer.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 11:53:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#9]

Volnovakha Donetsk region...

30 minutes ago, something flew into the administration building

Russian occupied Donbas
View Quote

First images.

Link Posted: 7/5/2023 11:54:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Charging_Handle] [#10]
Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:
Refurbish and upgrade half of the tanks Lima has been. That sort of thing is a defense issue, and should not be determined strictly by the cost benefit analysis of the moment. The last question to answer before closing such a plant should always be "what happens if shit hits the fan"?. Some things can be done efficiently elsewhere, or rebuilt quickly, other things can't.

View Quote

Yup, and/or have them work on something else by spreading the contracts around giving more folks a slice of the pie. GD started producing Strykers not long after the Detroit plant closed. We could have given Lima the tank deal and Detroit the Stryker deal, that way the trained work force and production facilities could have remained in place. Perhaps this was a GD thing more so than a U.S. government driven decision. Sure, it would be swell for GD Land Systems to consolidate everything under one roof and reduce operating expenses while perhaps increasing efficiencies. But was that decision in the best interests of the nation as a whole?

This is the kind of thing we need to pay more attention to and be more careful about. I would personally like to see at least two production facilities up and running for every major piece of military equipment we have in service. And even more ideally, those two facilities would be operated by different parent companies. Don't allow any single contractor to have a monopoly on producing a given system. If you do, they are going to do whatever makes them the most profit and often times, the end result isn't what is best for the country. I liked the old days when you might have 4 or 5 different companies producing the same weapons system, rather than a single company having a sole source contract for that equipment. IMO, the former is far better for the overall health of the defense industry as it pertains to protecting the nation. It drives down prices paid for equipment because there is more competition. It provides a safety mechanism, since destroying a single production line wouldn't knock out the entire production capacity for a given system. You have a much larger workforce trained and in place, as it is spread across multiple contractors. So when a greater need arises, your surge capacity is actually tenfold what it otherwise would be. The way we do things these days, we are basically leaving the foxes (contractors) in charge of henhouse security (national security). And the foxes are going to do what foxes do.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 11:55:07 AM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 7/5/2023 11:56:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Toybasher:
Is it likely a good chunk of these prisoners will defect/go AWOL? I.E. once unsupervised, some will simply run off because they don't want to fight? Mainly the prisoners.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Toybasher:
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
Fucking twitter.
https://twitter.com/TreasChest/status/1676586465470431239
The Russian Federation is preparing to send even more Chechen soldiers and prisoners to Ukraine to fill the gaps that arose after the withdrawal of the "Wagner" PMC fighters - Bloomberg with reference to representatives of European intelligence.

In their opinion, the departure of the Wagnerites will not change the course of the war in Ukraine, but the desire of Russian President Vladimir Putin to avoid full military mobilization means that Moscow will send even more Chechens and prisoners to the front line in the coming weeks. It is not known how many additional troops Chechnya may provide. Chechen militants have not yet demonstrated any noticeable effectiveness during the war.

Currently, there are about 15,000 prisoners in the ranks of the Russian army. Chechnya will not send many troops to war - 7,000 of its soldiers are already at the front, and another 2,400 are undergoing training.
http://ZN.UA
Is it likely a good chunk of these prisoners will defect/go AWOL? I.E. once unsupervised, some will simply run off because they don't want to fight? Mainly the prisoners.

The zeks are the cannon fodder, the Goatfuckers are the blocking troops, 21st Century NKVD.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 11:57:35 AM EDT
[#13]
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

A note for the untwittered. Twitter is working again. The feeds on profile pages don't populate but you can now view tweets from their direct links.

Link Posted: 7/5/2023 11:59:11 AM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

Stronk Russia always disguises its weapons, trenches and munitions as trash heaps. 😂😂😂
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 12:00:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Russia Accused of Using Lethal Chemical Weapons!! 5 July 23 Ukraine Daily Update

Conversation about *accusation* Russia now using the chemical weapon lewisite gas in Vohledar, starts at 3:00.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 12:04:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

Stronk Russia always disguises its weapons, trenches and munitions as trash heaps. 😂😂😂
View All Quotes

It's amazing they store MLRS rounds like this.

Link Posted: 7/5/2023 12:09:18 PM EDT
[#17]

A shark swam to the beach in Florida, but not finding a single Russian among the swimmers, he swam away hungry. What humane sharks went ...
https://t.me/mertviorku/3111
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 12:14:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Prime:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/IMG_3343-2874491.jpg

A shark swam to the beach in Florida, but not finding a single Russian among the swimmers, he swam away hungry. What humane sharks went ...
https://t.me/mertviorku/3111
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/5/2023 12:25:22 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

Beyond bizarre
Why wouldn’t they just bury them or plow over a trench?

Unless they are sending the remains to be rendered for whatever - glue, soap, oils, animal feed?
And it’s probably something the orcs have been doing since the days of Stalin I’d bet.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 12:27:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F0R9HgdXgAElhDX?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

This goes with the previous post- I bet they didn’t even know they were handling lewisite rounds.

Link Posted: 7/5/2023 12:27:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3Trip] [#21]

Pitiful.
View Quote

reminds me of this moment in Patton about the German's using carts.
quote starts at 1:25
Patton - I Love It More Than My Life

now swap carts with technicals
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 12:28:12 PM EDT
[#22]

I’m sure it’s Russian doctrine now to just off yourself because no one is coming to help you if you’re wounded and if you do make it back to your line, no evac will be provided.
I struggle to comprehend this.  Despite all our warts, love and honor for one another, in the military, is present.  We will move mountains to evac an American serviceman.  
Russian life is worth a 9 cent,  7.62x39.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 12:34:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#23]
Capture procedure shown POV in Bakhmut.
Shorter version of earlier SAC video.

https://twitter.com/pstyle0ne1/status/1676573125599739904
https://t.me/supernova_plus/21817
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 12:37:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

It's good that our little spat worked out pretty good in the end.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:
Originally Posted By UKjohn:
Need to do some stuff then off to bed .

To my American brothers, Happy Independence Day.

Have a great time and if you play with splody stuff keep your fingers out of the way

It's good that our little spat worked out pretty good in the end.
I posted maybe 15 years back when asked , the RIGHT side won and the world is a better place for it .

but "A republic, if you can keep it"
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 12:40:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Good video of UA troops advancing through a wood line and trenches near the recently liberated Klishchiivka.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 12:44:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Stronk goes bonk!  Ruble goes rubble!
2023 is the destruction of the Russian Crime Empire.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 12:44:20 PM EDT
[#27]
1 hr ago.

The place is not under Ukrainian control despite the panic among Russians.
Ukrainians have managed to occupy a dominant height, very fortified, just at the entrance of the village per Russian sources.

My understanding is: for the Russians in Klichshiivka it is either surrender or die. There are no escape routes that are not mined or where the Kadyrovites blocking troops are not present.

We need to be patient a tad more.

UA = fortified area captured by Ukrainians  
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/5/2023 12:45:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#28]
1 hr ago.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F0SKEzDX0AAKaaO?format=jpg&name=900x900

View All Quotes
1 hr ago.

Ukrainians have managed to occupy a dominant height, very fortified, just at the entrance of the village per Russian sources.

My understanding is: for the Russians in Klichshiivka it is either surrender or die. There are no escape routes that are not mined or where the Kadyrovites blocking troops are not present.

I wonder to where they moved the command center that was in Klishchiivka?
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 12:47:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By JQ66:

Beyond bizarre
Why wouldn't they just bury them or plow over a trench?

Unless they are sending the remains to be rendered for whatever - glue, soap, oils, animal feed?
And it's probably something the orcs have been doing since the days of Stalin I'd bet.
View All Quotes

Beyond bizarre

And it's probably something the orcs have been doing since the days of Stalin I'd bet.

The UN has a habit of digging up mass graves to prosecute the villains.

I would guess the plan is to ship the pallet to an incinerator to eliminate all evidence.

Who's acting like the Nazis here?
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 12:49:58 PM EDT
[#30]
That admin building might have been an FSB center.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 12:53:32 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

Their sloppiness worked out well for the Good Guys - that was a hell of a secondary blast.  Plus the missiles flying off unguided was insane.  I hope that area was relatively free of civilians but full of orcs.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 12:57:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Auto5guy:

I would guess the plan is to ship the pallet to an incinerator to eliminate all evidence.

View All Quotes

Beyond bizarre

Then why not burn in place?   They don’t seem to have the logistics to be trucking around much of anything reliably
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 1:02:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Bradley's are saving lives.

Twitter Link

"During the battle, there were 3 crew members and 5 paratroopers in the BMP. All survived after a direct hit by a tank shell"
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 1:03:25 PM EDT
[#34]

Then why not burn in place?   They don't seem to have the logistics to be trucking around much of anything reliably
View All Quotes

Beyond bizarre

Then why not burn in place?   They don't seem to have the logistics to be trucking around much of anything reliably

Burning beyond recognition is one thing but to turn to ash powder with no bones takes a crematorium.

Link Posted: 7/5/2023 1:04:25 PM EDT
[#35]

I wonder to where they moved the command center that was in Klashchiivka?
View All Quotes
1 hr ago.

I wonder to where they moved the command center that was in Klashchiivka?

To be honest, since Ukrainian forces were aware of it, it may have been hit.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 1:08:23 PM EDT
[#36]

Bradley's are saving lives.

Twitter Link

"During the battle, there were 3 crew members and 5 paratroopers in the BMP. All survived after a direct hit by a tank shell"
View Quote
Impressive
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 1:11:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:

Yup, and/or have them work on something else by spreading the contracts around giving more folks a slice of the pie. GD started producing Strykers not long after the Detroit plant closed. We could have given Lima the tank deal and Detroit the Stryker deal, that way the trained work force and production facilities could have remained in place. Perhaps this was a GD thing more so than a U.S. government driven decision. Sure, it would be swell for GD Land Systems to consolidate everything under one roof and reduce operating expenses while perhaps increasing efficiencies. But was that decision in the best interests of the nation as a whole?

This is the kind of thing we need to pay more attention to and be more careful about. I would personally like to see at least two production facilities up and running for every major piece of military equipment we have in service. And even more ideally, those two facilities would be operated by different parent companies. Don't allow any single contractor to have a monopoly on producing a given system. If you do, they are going to do whatever makes them the most profit and often times, the end result isn't what is best for the country. I liked the old days when you might have 4 or 5 different companies producing the same weapons system, rather than a single company having a sole source contract for that equipment. IMO, the former is far better for the overall health of the defense industry as it pertains to protecting the nation. It drives down prices paid for equipment because there is more competition. It provides a safety mechanism, since destroying a single production line wouldn't knock out the entire production capacity for a given system. You have a much larger workforce trained and in place, as it is spread across multiple contractors. So when a greater need arises, your surge capacity is actually tenfold what it otherwise would be. The way we do things these days, we are basically leaving the foxes (contractors) in charge of henhouse security (national security). And the foxes are going to do what foxes do.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:
Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:
Refurbish and upgrade half of the tanks Lima has been. That sort of thing is a defense issue, and should not be determined strictly by the cost benefit analysis of the moment. The last question to answer before closing such a plant should always be "what happens if shit hits the fan"?. Some things can be done efficiently elsewhere, or rebuilt quickly, other things can't.

Like at the beginning of the War on Terror when the US couldn't produce enough small arms ammo and had to source it through everyone under the sun because they'd scrapped out the reserve plants?
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 1:14:15 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

Stronk Russia always disguises its weapons, trenches and munitions as trash heaps.      

At least those are sitting on boxes. The ones to the left off screen are just plopped in the dirt.

Ukraine needs to send some SF after the troops who thought to use the boxes and eliminate them, lest they evolve into using pallets.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 1:21:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

At least those are sitting on boxes. The ones to the left off screen are just plopped in the dirt.

Ukraine needs to send some SF after the troops who thought to use the boxes and eliminate them, lest they evolve into using pallets.
View All Quotes

Stronk Russia always disguises its weapons, trenches and munitions as trash heaps.      

lol, good point.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 1:21:13 PM EDT
[#40]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F0ROXbiXwAIRNSA?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

Might be true or not.
China could falsely take credit just to give them leverage.
They could also falsely imply that Russia was ready to use nukes to give Russia’s threats greater leverage.
No way to tell, and doesn’t matter.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 1:23:57 PM EDT
[#41]
"Minus one cannon   dozens of lives saved." How the 25th brigade hits the enemy by Kreminna

«????? ???? ????? — ??????? ?????????? ??????». ?? «25-??» ?’? ?????? ?? ???????? ?????????

Link Posted: 7/5/2023 1:24:33 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/5/2023 1:25:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Might be true or not.
They could also falsely imply that Russia was ready to use nukes to give Russia's threats greater leverage.
No way to tell, and doesn't matter.
View All Quotes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F0ROXbiXwAIRNSA?format=jpg&name=900x900

Might be true or not.
They could also falsely imply that Russia was ready to use nukes to give Russia's threats greater leverage.
No way to tell, and doesn't matter.

If a nuke drops on Moscow China gets everything east of the radiation zone.  Part of me thinks they wouldn't mind seeing a western nuclear reprisal.

Link Posted: 7/5/2023 1:25:57 PM EDT
[#44]

Might be true or not.
They could also falsely imply that Russia was ready to use nukes to give Russia’s threats greater leverage.
No way to tell, and doesn’t matter.
View Quote

I wonder what Russia got in return
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 1:41:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest
Ukrainian govt. tweet this morning.

View Quote

There’s almost nothing there that needs testing, so this expense can’t go in the testing budget.

It goes on the marketing budget.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 1:57:15 PM EDT
[#46]

Like at the beginning of the War on Terror when the US couldn't produce enough small arms ammo and had to source it through everyone under the sun because they'd scrapped out the reserve plants?
View Quote

Yup, exactly. Today, we have one small arms ammunition manufacturing plant (Lake City) making ammo for our military. During the Vietnam War we had 4 plants like Lake City producing small arms ammunition for the military. During WWII there were probably 20 or 25 such plants.

I have no problem with allowing civilian owned companies to operate the government ammunition plants under contract. But putting all of our eggs into the Lake City basket should have never happened. Was this solely a government decision? Or did Federal/ATK or whoever had the contract at that time have a large hand in moving all the production to one plant? I'm sure ATK would have preferred to consolidate everything beneath one roof. That makes things so much easier for them, so much more affordable. But ATK doesn't need to have much in the way of influence on the decision about how many ammunition plants the government needs to have active. ATK is going to do what is best for ATK. Sometimes that isn't necessarily what is best for the country. If ATK is given a contract to produce small arms ammo, then ATK should be required to do so across multiple government owned production facilities. And if they can't or won't, then issue another contract to a different company that will. Or do multiple contracts with multiple companies, with each being put in charge of operating a specific plant. Let Winchester/Olin manage Lake City. Put Federal/ATK in charge of Twin Cities. You might even have a third company operating Frankford Arsenal. But whatever the solution, never should we put all of our small arms ammo manufacturing into a single plant. We need the redundancy and at times we will need the capacity. In the leaner times, allow these companies to make ammo for foreign militaries or even the civilian market to keep things going.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 1:58:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By stone-age:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFQFQFVTEvE

Conversation about *accusation* Russia now using the chemical weapon lewisite gas in Vohledar, starts at 3:00.
View Quote

Revive the old posters

Link Posted: 7/5/2023 2:00:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Mercado is live streaming part of his drive through Europe to deliver trucks to Ukraine

Poland Road Trip Stream - Onward to Ukraine!

Link Posted: 7/5/2023 2:01:25 PM EDT
[#49]

Is ole Dmitry still alive?
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 2:04:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By TheAvatar9265ft:

Revive the old posters

https://s3.amazonaws.com/pastperfectonline/images/museum_428/199/1963038004.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheAvatar9265ft:
Originally Posted By stone-age:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFQFQFVTEvE

Revive the old posters

https://s3.amazonaws.com/pastperfectonline/images/museum_428/199/1963038004.jpg
Heres the thing, the use of something like Mustard Gas (Lewisite) would have to be en masse. If it was used in any useful amounts we would know very easily.
Page / 5590
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4428 of 5590)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top