Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1017 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:04:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 7empest:

I guess he is not the captain now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 7empest:
Originally Posted By Chokey:

I guess he is not the captain now.

I laughed way too hard at this. Well done.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:06:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By JTF2:

sure...after pretty much all of what the Russian's wanted was already through the straits.  I honestly question whether Turkey under Erdogan would honour it's NATO commitments if a country within NATO but not Turkey was invaded.
View Quote

While your Prime minister has thrown the Canadian Rights and Freedoms Act in the Garbage ???

Canada should get kicked out of NATO, with prejudice.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:08:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Anybody seen today's Bing homepage?  It's savage

Bing.com
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:10:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

Look it up.

The did the math for a grid, lured the ship, got the timing right and overwhelmed the ship.  It took a while but it burned and sank.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ludder093:
Originally Posted By FREEFALLE7:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FNmRR80WQAMvJK5?format=jpg&name=medium
We really need to get them something to sink a ship.

They sunk that ship with a grad.
I thought they had Neptune Missiles?

Look it up.

The did the math for a grid, lured the ship, got the timing right and overwhelmed the ship.  It took a while but it burned and sank.

I saw where they had attacked the ship but I had no idea the russian warship had been sunk.
I thought it had only been heavily damaged. That's pretty freakin awesome !!!
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:12:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Durka-Durka:

Bing.com
View Quote

Oh, damn!

For posterity:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:13:13 PM EDT
[#6]
this is great and all, but sign the Constitutional Carry Bill already.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FNmTHMmVsAA6SzO?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

For real.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:15:22 PM EDT
[#7]

The Russians know how to fuck up nuclear plants and that plant proves it.

The other reactors there ran for a while after the accident but I think they are cold now. It would not take much to cause more problems there and it is any easy target because it will raise fear but the area is already devoid of people.
View Quote

If they blow the new safe confinement structure and reactor 4 remains it would be "Not Great".

http://users.owt.com/smsrpm/Chernobyl/glbrad.html

https://www.science.org/content/article/nuclear-reactions-reawaken-chernobyl-reactor

Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:15:32 PM EDT
[#8]
this is great and all, but sign the Constitutional Carry Bill already.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FNmTHMmVsAA6SzO?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

They are doing a similar thing in Kansas. I wish I still had that pickup truck full of old vests we buried at the land fill a few years ago.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:15:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: atavistic] [#9]
View Quote

So what's that? Major? Lt. Colonel?

Edit - I can't read.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:16:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Photographic:

Sounds like a lot of people are now embracing SDF/State Guard units- or at least if they were what they are supposed to be, not neutered into “emergency management”

ETA: yep, all of this “a unit run by states, trained in comms, HAM, used to pull guard duty, natural disasters”. This is nothing new. The problem with them now, is the state government doesn’t fund them let alone equip them, and so they’re trained on menial tasks which they are rarely ever called up to do. A lot of gung-ho types who would love to do what Los being talked about but for PR reasons aren’t allowed, equipped (there is virtually no equipment save for some laptops and printers), or trained to do so.
View Quote

The problem is that you'll never get the State Guard/SDF's back into the "Armed Auxiliary MP/Infantry" setup, because the "unarmed auxiliary of the Guard" has had too long to set, and the SDFs/SGs have their own mafia of field grade officers who command squads.   More efficient to simply forget it and start from the ground up.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:19:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RattleCanAR] [#11]

Bing.com
View Quote

Well Done BING.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:20:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By RickJames1999:

Night vision is passive...  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RickJames1999:
Originally Posted By Azygos:

If not, they seem awfully confident that the Russians don’t have any passive night vision.

Night vision is passive...  

Sorry. I was distracted so that came out wrong.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:20:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

lmao

"modern"

https://c.tenor.com/Cef0yhgSjEEAAAAM/abell46s-reface.gif

Belarus needs to rethink who their friends are.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

lmao

"modern"

https://c.tenor.com/Cef0yhgSjEEAAAAM/abell46s-reface.gif

Belarus needs to rethink who their friends are.

Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:20:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

After the first war crime the rest are free.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:
Originally Posted By Haub:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FNmhWyDXoAEMdzG?format=jpg&name=medium

After the first war crime the rest are free.

I would be glorious to see old putin dragged out of a hole and put on a rope like Saddam but I doubt that will ever happen. Especially if it were his own people doing it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:23:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By CZ75_9MM:
It is suicide for him and his country if he uses them. He isn't going to use them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CZ75_9MM:
Originally Posted By Theodoric:
Originally Posted By TripleC:

I bet their nukes are fucking slim to none.
I'm not at all interested in finding out.
It is suicide for him and his country if he uses them. He isn't going to use them.
If he finds himself in a place where he is going to die regardless, I can see him issuing his own version of a Nero Order.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:23:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:

A captain is a platoon leader? Thats a job for a butter bar
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:

A captain is a platoon leader? Thats a job for a butter bar

There is a pretty good chance that myself and my fellow Terminal Lances likely had more technical jobs and more responsibility than quite a few russian officers....

Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:25:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Discussed earlier in ARF, but glad to see others using common sense:

Ukraine Needs Ground-Based Air Defenses Way More Than MiGs. Here Are The Best Options

What's even stranger is that somehow, as part of the MiG transfer drama, some in the media and on Capitol Hill reimagined the utility of the decades-old MiG-29 variants in question. While these aircraft do have an austere ground attack capability, somehow they have morphed into being a pivotal air-to-ground platform capable of unilaterally wiping out massive columns of Russian heavy armor that sit under their own anti-air umbrella. This is pure fantasy that has been created by people who have no idea what the MiG-29's capabilities actually are and think it is just an analog to a late-block F-16. And even then, their understanding of what an F-16 is actually capable of would also have to be of Hollywood action film level and outright divorced from reality. So no, a MiG-29 armed with a couple of rocket pods or a few dumb bombs is not going to repulse Russia's northern advance to Kyiv. And any mission of that sort has a high probability of being a one-way trip, regardless.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:26:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By RockMech:

The problem is that you'll never get the State Guard/SDF's back into the "Armed Auxiliary MP/Infantry" setup, because the "unarmed auxiliary of the Guard" has had too long to set, and the SDFs/SGs have their own mafia of field grade officers who command squads.   More efficient to simply forget it and start from the ground up.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RockMech:

Sounds like a lot of people are now embracing SDF/State Guard units- or at least if they were what they are supposed to be, not neutered into “emergency management”

ETA: yep, all of this “a unit run by states, trained in comms, HAM, used to pull guard duty, natural disasters”. This is nothing new. The problem with them now, is the state government doesn’t fund them let alone equip them, and so they’re trained on menial tasks which they are rarely ever called up to do. A lot of gung-ho types who would love to do what Los being talked about but for PR reasons aren’t allowed, equipped (there is virtually no equipment save for some laptops and printers), or trained to do so.

I did 7 years and I have to disagree.

There are some real hard charger types and plenty of former service who would jump at any chance to do something other than sling MREs once every 5-7 years. Because it’s been lulled into “the Red Cross in uniform” you see many SDFs dying on the vine because quite frankly, it’s largely not worth the personal costs and training to never get utilized. So you have driven younger people who leave and you have an aging leftover who treat it more like a social club.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:26:31 PM EDT
[#19]
I heard that Putin had attended the Young Global Leader conference of Clown Schwab's WEF and that he had been a speaker at several meetings.  Well, apparently Putin fell from Clown's grace and Clown booted Putin from WEF.  To me this was an honor because only azzwhole globalsh*ts would belong to that demonic group.

https://dcweekly.org/2022/03/10/klaus-schwabs-world-economic-forum-cuts-off-all-relations-with-russia-scrubs-putin-from-wef-website/
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:27:56 PM EDT
[#20]
FO Rooster has been spotted, folks.  Looks like he's in a purely advisory position.  

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/388557722796425217/951592261223870564/98GEYpm.png
View Quote

😮

Whoa

Colonel Sanders sent his best

11 herbs and spices my ass
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:31:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Cam 1 ...

LIVE | Russian Invasion Of Ukraine | Situation Room | INDB | #Kyiv #Ukraine #War

Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:32:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Riter:
I heard that Putin had attended the Young Global Leader conference of Clown Schwab's WEF and that he had been a speaker at several meetings.  Well, apparently Putin fell from Clown's grace and Clown booted Putin from WEF.  To me this was an honor because only azzwhole globalsh*ts would belong to that demonic group.

https://dcweekly.org/2022/03/10/klaus-schwabs-world-economic-forum-cuts-off-all-relations-with-russia-scrubs-putin-from-wef-website/
View Quote

Are there not other threads where you can look at photos of shirtless Putin riding a horse?
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:32:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Yobro512:

Zero chance I’d step foot on a battlefield with an IR strobe like that unless I was ABSOLUTELY certain there was no NOD capability on the other side.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Yobro512:
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

Zero chance I’d step foot on a battlefield with an IR strobe like that unless I was ABSOLUTELY certain there was no NOD capability on the other side.

I find that video hard to believe
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:32:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Haub:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FNmhWyDXoAEMdzG?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

So what if they encircle it. The circle will be broken.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:34:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rgkeller] [#25]
Has anyone seen video of a tank firing its main gun? Either side
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:36:46 PM EDT
[#26]
What flight path page do y'all use? Something HUGE just flew over my house in Austin, TX. Loud and low.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:36:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By rgkeller:
View Quote

Are you joking?  

Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:37:00 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

Lots of them out there. We are only getting a small part of the combat footage right now and will get more as the situation goes on.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:37:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Nutro:
What flight path page do y'all use? Something HUGE just flew over my house in Austin, TX. Loud and low.
View Quote

Flightradar24
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:38:50 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:39:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Just_Jon] [#31]
Oops
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:40:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:40:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: anono] [#33]
View Quote

Maybe AUS7461? You live near Bertram? Looks like it just randomly turned its transponder on, low and slow, not climbing whatever it is. No info on plane which is weird if it were civy.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:41:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Glock63] [#34]
Originally Posted By Brok3n:

Ukraine Needs Ground-Based Air Defenses Way More Than MiGs. Here Are The Best Options

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Brok3n:

What's even stranger is that somehow, as part of the MiG transfer drama, some in the media and on Capitol Hill reimagined the utility of the decades-old MiG-29 variants in question. While these aircraft do have an austere ground attack capability, somehow they have morphed into being a pivotal air-to-ground platform capable of unilaterally wiping out massive columns of Russian heavy armor that sit under their own anti-air umbrella. This is pure fantasy that has been created by people who have no idea what the MiG-29's capabilities actually are and think it is just an analog to a late-block F-16. And even then, their understanding of what an F-16 is actually capable of would also have to be of Hollywood action film level and outright divorced from reality. So no, a MiG-29 armed with a couple of rocket pods or a few dumb bombs is not going to repulse Russia's northern advance to Kyiv. And any mission of that sort has a high probability of being a one-way trip, regardless.

The 29 definitely can't match our f16 in ground attack capabilities, but 29's would be quite useful intercepting cruise missiles, Russian choppers, and ground attack aircraft. Ukr expressed multiple times their desire to aquire them. Im fairly certain they know more than we do on ar15.com about their value, and how they could employ them.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:42:12 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

nothing out of the ordinary, just commercial airliners in the area.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:45:05 PM EDT
[#36]

I did 7 years and I have to disagree.

There are some real hard charger types and plenty of former service who would jump at any chance to do something other than sling MREs once every 5-7 years. Because it’s been lulled into “the Red Cross in uniform” you see many SDFs dying on the vine because quite frankly, it’s largely not worth the personal costs and training to never get utilized. So you have driven younger people who leave and you have an aging leftover who treat it more like a social club.
View Quote

I agree.....but that's not the question.  The question is: is it more efficient to fight the image/inertia (and entrenched interests that like that image/inertia) of the "Red Cross in uniform", or to zero-day it and start afresh with a new purpose-built organization?  Sunk Cost Fallacy, and all.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:45:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 715700] [#37]

View Quote

This is embarrassing.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:48:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:48:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By anono:

Maybe AUS7461? You live near Bertram? Looks like it just randomly turned its transponder on, low and slow, not climbing whatever it is. No info on plane which is weird if it were civy.
View Quote

Yep! It was seriously loud and low. So loud and low that my 6 year old flipped and got scared. We've lived here for many years and have never heard this. Reminds me of living on Air Force bases hearing the big planes above. A friend of mine in Lockhart, TX (about 40 miles SE heard it too and posted on FB about it)
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:49:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
View Quote
Good
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:50:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mancow] [#41]
Well the 8992 data is now minutes at a time. This is strange.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:54:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By anono:

View Quote

Ronin8 shows to be a Mil plane? A Beechcraft C-12 Huron
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:57:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

This is embarrassing.
View All Quotes

This is embarrassing.

Hmmm. Worth a read and informative. What a collection of (wealthy asshole) clown shoed bitches.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:58:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By HecklerKoch_USP:

@CornfieldCong this may help you get squared away even faster.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HecklerKoch_USP:

@CornfieldCong this may help you get squared away even faster.

I've bookmarked his site and will be applying there shortly.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 10:01:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: feetpiece] [#45]
Originally Posted By Glock63:

The 29 definitely can't match our f16 in ground attack capabilities, but 29's would be quite useful intercepting cruise missiles, Russian choppers, and ground attack aircraft. Ukr expressed multiple times their desire to aquire them. Im fairly certain they know more than we do on ar15.com about their value, and how they could employ them.
View Quote

Imagine the technical leap it would take to set up an MQ-9 to loiter outside BVR with eight AMRAAM's to wait for a Russian incursion.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 10:03:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 10:03:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 10:04:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: XJ] [#48]

I have explained our militia organization a few times in this thread but yes. If Ukraine had adopted this years ago they would have had a bunch of local light infantry with mortars,ATGMs and RCLs trained up rather than just guys with AKs delivered way too late.

View Quote

@outofbattery

"cultural differences" or political stuff inventing/promoting differences?  

Someone, the name I forget (T-?), was posting from Ukraine that preparations for combat were not done because of reasons that Americans may not understand.    But I may have been reading it all wrong.

Anyway, I sortof-cough that my teen nieces have had more marksmanship training than any Russian conscript.   They are from Texas, hide y'alls sons for a while, or not...
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 10:04:30 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

Yes, a couple a pages back in the Ukrainians ambush and wipe out a column (spoiler they don’t ) but they brew up a Ruskie tank with an ATGM and a couple of tanks return fire into the woods.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 10:05:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
Has anyone heard of what's going on in Russia for the average folks as far as their daily routine is concerned? I asked the same question a few days ago and someone pointed out a guy from Russia saying all the stuff that's been banned, but I wonder how it's affecting the guy on the street - or is it too early in the process to notice much difference?

View Quote

Follow NFKRZ telegram he's providing updates, getting bad to worse, but seems like russias still going on with daily life.  The Uniqlo store was packed.

https://t.me/roman_nfkrz
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1017 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top