Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1020 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:05:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JTF2] [#1]
Not going to get into other than to say your the one that needs to put the crack pipe down... you know the citizens up in Ottawa were PISSED at the convoy, that the convoy leader Tamara Lich is a right winger western provinces separatist nutter, that businesses in downtown Ottawa were shut down for weeks,  that the 1970's War Measures Act resulted from FLQ terrorist act in Quebec... you also know that the vast majority of Canadians were against the convoy etc etc.  Keep voting for the PPL whacko's and their high water vote mark of 6%.  Oh, and btw, I did not vote for Trudeau but anybody that wants to cast Canada as less than a very democratic nation of the free is going to hear it from me.

DONE.... This AR15 owning PROUD CANADIAN is moving on [meaning back to the Ukraine conflict thread].
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:06:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hgunr:

And thats why we won't be importing them by the c17 load. They'd be reliable R votes
View Quote

You’re damn right they would.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:07:21 AM EDT
[#3]
?? Ukraine War - Ukrainian Soldiers Knock Out Russian Tank With NLAW In Point Blank Ambush

good breakdown from earlier
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:07:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Yeah, I know. I get it. But I am about done believing this is all about the government and not the people, when the people are wearing Z on their clothing and painting Z on their cars in support of the military that attacked an innocent foreign nation and is murdering unarmed civilians. Not to mention all of the talk about how important the russian genetic line is.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

And many are protesting or leaving too 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yeah, I know. I get it. But I am about done believing this is all about the government and not the people, when the people are wearing Z on their clothing and painting Z on their cars in support of the military that attacked an innocent foreign nation and is murdering unarmed civilians. Not to mention all of the talk about how important the russian genetic line is.

I'm just saying "the people" are no more United on this than the US is on Biden.

You're seeing the most stupid and outrageous examples in pictures, not the people that are seething and embarrassed by their own government.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:08:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By JTF2:
It's called the Charter of Rights and Freedoms for starters... and the invoking of the Emergencies Act had the support of the vast majority of the Canadian population... and only came after 3 weeks of patience had run out, which included the louts closing down major border trade bridges to the point where automobile production lines had to shut down on both sides of the border, businesses had been closed down for weeks in downtown Ottawa and air horns were sounding around the clock while people were trying to sleep etc.   You should use google to review how the VAST majority of the citizens living in Ottawa felt about the convoy.  Over 90% of the truckers were against it too.

On another note, you clearly don't have a clue about how close the USA and Canada have been and continues to be as well and likely aren't old enough to remember what Canada did in 1979 when the U.S. embassy in Tehran fell or on 9/11 when the USA closed it's air space to all incoming commercial air traffic, including all American jets.  If Canada hadn't taken them ALL in despite not knowing the true situation on board each of them, they would have been landing in the Atlantic.

oh and btw, Canada most definitely has been stepping up in many different ways to help the Ukrainians and will continue to do so.
View Quote

Start your own thread. You can brag about your savior turdeau there.  

Don't shit this one up.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:08:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Civilians erect barricades of tires topped with bags of sand in Kyiv

Ukrainian troops prepare to take positions near Kyiv ahead of the expected Russian assault on the city

A Ukrainian soldier hides from a helicopter airstrike amid Russia's invasion of Ukraine near Demydiv

Trenches are prepared by the side of the road in Kyiv

These are the combat-hardened Syrian fighters Russia wants to unleash in Ukraine

Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:09:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By realwar:
A mysterious Ukrainian pilot who has shot down up to ten Russian jets had been thought to be a myth.

But now the general staff of the Ukrainian armed forces have released an image of the so-called Ghost of Kyiv, alongside his threat: 'Hello occupier, I'm coming for your soul!'.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/03/11/22/55251903-10604419-But_now_the_general_staff_of_the_Ukrainian_armed_forces_have_rel-m-18_1647036960228.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/03/11/22/55252013-10604419-image-a-19_1647036985935.jpg

Link
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:09:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Not going to get into other than to say your the one that needs to put the crack pipe down... you know the citizens up in Ottawa were PISSED at the convoy, that the convoy leader Tamara Lich is a right winger western provinces separatist nutter, that businesses in downtown Ottawa were shut down for weeks,  that the 1970's War Measures Act resulted from FLQ terrorist act in Quebec... you also know that the vast majority of Canadians were against the convoy etc etc.  Keep voting for the PPL whacko's and their high water vote mark of 6%.  Oh, and btw, I did not vote for Trudeau but anybody that wants to cast Canada as less than a very democratic nation of the free is going to hear it from me.

DONE.... This AR15 owning PROUD CANADIAN is moving on.
View Quote

Canadian RHINOs.. a rare breed in these parts of GD
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:10:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Putin may re-open McDonald's as Russia lifts trademark laws

Putin may re-open McDonald's as Russia lifts trademark laws
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:11:32 AM EDT
[#10]
A mysterious Ukrainian pilot who has shot down up to ten Russian jets had been thought to be a myth.

But now the general staff of the Ukrainian armed forces have released an image of the so-called Ghost of Kyiv, alongside his threat: 'Hello occupier, I'm coming for your soul!'.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/03/11/22/55251903-10604419-But_now_the_general_staff_of_the_Ukrainian_armed_forces_have_rel-m-18_1647036960228.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/03/11/22/55252013-10604419-image-a-19_1647036985935.jpg

Link
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:12:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By dbrad197:

Whole heartedly agree there. I don’t think Russia has what it takes to pull it together like Germany did In the 30s but who knows, not worth the risk and the Russian people deserve a better shot than that anyways.

I guess my question is what if Putin isn’t removed, how does the world deal with that? Say he kinda backs off and a low to medium intensity conflict continues for months or years in areas that Russia has already taken, with Putin still leading the country?  I’m assuming Vlad has done more to protect his fortune and status than he did to prepare his military for war in Ukraine.
View All Quotes

Again, not what his comment was about. Think big picture. We can't keep butt fucking Russia if/when they decide this was a bad move.
Assuming Putin is gone.

You've heard of the treaty of Versailles?

Whole heartedly agree there. I don’t think Russia has what it takes to pull it together like Germany did In the 30s but who knows, not worth the risk and the Russian people deserve a better shot than that anyways.

I guess my question is what if Putin isn’t removed, how does the world deal with that? Say he kinda backs off and a low to medium intensity conflict continues for months or years in areas that Russia has already taken, with Putin still leading the country?  I’m assuming Vlad has done more to protect his fortune and status than he did to prepare his military for war in Ukraine.

Unless Russia withdraws from Ukraine, the sanctions will stay in place. The longer the conflict goes on, the more Russian assets will be seized worldwide. At some point in the near future, the Russian economy will collapse entirely and there won't be anybody who will prop them up. Even the Chinese aren't going to do that unless they get most of what's left of anything Russia has. Also, it's possible that Russian assets will be seized and sold for funds to be sent to Ukraine. That may occur even after the war is over. Russia won't have any say in the matter.

Russia screwed the pooch on this mess. Their only way out is to get rid of Putin and pull their forces out of Ukraine. Until/unless they do both, things will go from really bad to ridiculously bad for them.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:12:59 AM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:17:22 AM EDT
[#13]

DONE.... This AR15 owning PROUD CANADIAN is moving on [meaning back to the Ukraine conflict thread].
View Quote

I think you should move on a bit further than this thread.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:18:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By thezentree:

Just got a chance to watch this - is this guy well regarded? That's quite the future he's predicted for us all.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
@Zhukov Have you read any Peter Zeihan?  He's spent the past decade writing a series of books and making many, many presentations about the history of the Global Order (America Police guaranteeing free trade, aka Globalism), why it's folding up shop, and how there'd be a wildfire of regional wars and enormous power shifts following it.  We are living in the post America Police/smoldering wildfires are igniting/power is shifting fast stage right now.  He's a demographic/geographic determinist who backs up his theories with reams of data.  He's not always right on the micro level but I think he's got the broad outline nailed.  He's got a higher opinion of the Russian military than I can currently credit them, I guess we'll see about that. And he didn't predict the instant global cancellation of the Russia economy IIRC.  His books are interesting and there's a thousand videos of his presentations on Youtube.  His opinion has been rapidly becoming more mainstream, he just gave a presentation at Fort Benning.

He recently freaked out this professional financial news reporter about four times in half an hour:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq75Av59-YU

Just got a chance to watch this - is this guy well regarded? That's quite the future he's predicted for us all.

He's very well regarded.

Although I dont think his current overall analysis takes adequate consideration of the new US-China Cold War 2 and how that will keep the US engaged with the world for at least the next decade or two in asia.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:20:37 AM EDT
[#15]

I agree that they probably can't pull off a 1930s Germany, but let's not test that theory

To your second point....good question. I think that as long as they occupy Ukraine, all sanctions stay.
If they pull out and Putin is power, then maybe relax some.
If Putin is gone and a reasonable man takes over...then perhaps most/all sanctions are gone.
I'm just spitballing here, I don't have a definite answer except to say that if Russia ends hostilities then the world's reaction should take that in to account.
View Quote

I’m REALLY curious to see how long Putin’s thug buddies will put up with being financially raped before making a real attempt on his life or on his job. You would think some oligarch with nothing to lose and everything to gain would take a shot. Depose Putin and become Putin 2.0, only maybe slightly more friendly to west, at least overtly. Profit.

If a failed attempt happened, would we even know, or are things wrapped up so right there that they could keep a lid on it?

I hate seeing this happen to Ukraine but watching the RèalPolitik unfold in real life is kinda fascinating.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:25:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

That's the rest of the missile continuing on its path after the warhead went off.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

It looks like when they start the ambush, they fire two rockets, one hits the vehicle, and the other hits a dirt bank short of the road.

That's the rest of the missile continuing on its path after the warhead went off.

Or something blown off the tank turret. They have a lot of junk on the back of them.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:28:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Timeflies:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Timeflies:

lol couple of Canadians going at it about  if they are as free as the U.S.A..... .
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:29:00 AM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes
@Zhukov Have you read any Peter Zeihan?  He's spent the past decade writing a series of books and making many, many presentations about the history of the Global Order (America Police guaranteeing free trade, aka Globalism), why it's folding up shop, and how there'd be a wildfire of regional wars and enormous power shifts following it.  We are living in the post America Police/smoldering wildfires are igniting/power is shifting fast stage right now.  He's a demographic/geographic determinist who backs up his theories with reams of data.  He's not always right on the micro level but I think he's got the broad outline nailed.  He's got a higher opinion of the Russian military than I can currently credit them, I guess we'll see about that. And he didn't predict the instant global cancellation of the Russia economy IIRC.  His books are interesting and there's a thousand videos of his presentations on Youtube.  His opinion has been rapidly becoming more mainstream, he just gave a presentation at Fort Benning.

He recently freaked out this professional financial news reporter about four times in half an hour:

Watched this and his fort benning presentation and went uh oh. The next couple of decades could be a bit rocky...
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:29:11 AM EDT
[#19]

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/03/11/22/55252235-10604345-image-a-16_1647037535304.jpg

Ukrainian troops prepare to take positions near Kyiv ahead of the expected Russian assault on the city

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/03/11/22/55252335-10604345-image-a-21_1647037673068.jpg

A Ukrainian soldier hides from a helicopter airstrike amid Russia's invasion of Ukraine near Demydiv

View Quote

Any idea what type of NV/Thermal is on that M240?
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:31:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AROKIE] [#20]
any one else watch that special on HULU tonight about Putin and Zelensky? called "The Two Men At War"    its an hour long special, its good. really shows the difference of mind sets between the two.

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/News/video/preview-men-war-83280640
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:33:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Brok3n:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Brok3n:

Man, WTF did I just read?
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:34:10 AM EDT
[#22]

I’m REALLY curious to see how long Putin’s thug buddies will put up with being financially raped before making a real attempt on his life or on his job. You would think some oligarch with nothing to lose and everything to gain would take a shot. Depose Putin and become Putin 2.0, only maybe slightly more friendly to west, at least overtly. Profit.

If a failed attempt happened, would we even know, or are things wrapped up so right there that they could keep a lid on it?

I hate seeing this happen to Ukraine but watching the RèalPolitik unfold in real life is kinda fascinating.
View All Quotes

I agree that they probably can't pull off a 1930s Germany, but let's not test that theory

To your second point....good question. I think that as long as they occupy Ukraine, all sanctions stay.
If Putin is gone and a reasonable man takes over...then perhaps most/all sanctions are gone.
I'm just spitballing here, I don't have a definite answer except to say that if Russia ends hostilities then the world's reaction should take that in to account.

Don’t the russians understand they can make much more money being friendly to the west.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:34:43 AM EDT
[#23]
"Ivan Kuliak: Russian gymnast says he has no regrets about wearing 'Z' symbol on podium next to Ukrainian athlete ​-- state media"

"Propaganda videos on social media appear to show supporters of Russian President Vladimir Putin ​wearing clothing featuring the 'Z' symbol, waving Russian flags and chanting pro-Russia slogans.
"If there was a second chance and I would again have to choose whether to go out with the letter 'Z' on my chest or not, I would do exactly the same," Kuliak​is quoted as saying in Russia-controlled media outlet Russia Today. ​
"I saw it with our military and looked at what this symbol means. It turned out [it means], 'for victory' and 'for peace.'"

Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:35:04 AM EDT
[#24]

View Quote
you should stop drinking.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:35:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By evilyoda:

Don’t the russians understand they can make much more money being friendly to the west.
View All Quotes

Putin has all the money he could ever need or want, this is about ego/pride
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:35:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

View All Quotes

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/03/11/22/55252235-10604345-image-a-16_1647037535304.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/03/11/22/55252335-10604345-image-a-21_1647037673068.jpg

Looks like an ATN mars Gen4 or similar.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:35:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By mancow:

Man, WTF did I just read?
View Quote

A unique variant of the boomercon known as the “boomerCan”. Cherish this moment, for they rarely surface in any conservative corners of the internet.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:36:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:37:12 AM EDT
[#29]
"Ivan Kuliak: Russian gymnast says he has no regrets about wearing 'Z' symbol on podium next to Ukrainian athlete -- state media"

"Propaganda videos on social media appear to show supporters of Russian President Vladimir Putin wearing clothing featuring the 'Z' symbol, waving Russian flags and chanting pro-Russia slogans.
"If there was a second chance and I would again have to choose whether to go out with the letter 'Z' on my chest or not, I would do exactly the same," Kuliakis quoted as saying in Russia-controlled media outlet Russia Today.
"I saw it with our military and looked at what this symbol means. It turned out [it means], 'for victory' and 'for peace.'"

https://i.cbc.ca/1.6375635.1646673715!/fileImage/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/16x9_780/kuliak-ivan-1180.jpg

https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/78/590x/Russia-Z-symbol-1576487.jpg

View Quote
Now there is a dude who needs a punch in the face.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:37:18 AM EDT
[#30]
"Ivan Kuliak: Russian gymnast says he has no regrets about wearing 'Z' symbol on podium next to Ukrainian athlete ​-- state media"

"Propaganda videos on social media appear to show supporters of Russian President Vladimir Putin ​wearing clothing featuring the 'Z' symbol, waving Russian flags and chanting pro-Russia slogans.
"If there was a second chance and I would again have to choose whether to go out with the letter 'Z' on my chest or not, I would do exactly the same," Kuliak​is quoted as saying in Russia-controlled media outlet Russia Today. ​

https://i.cbc.ca/1.6375635.1646673715!/fileImage/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/16x9_780/kuliak-ivan-1180.jpg

https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/78/590x/Russia-Z-symbol-1576487.jpg

View Quote

Maybe he will end up in an IFV on the outskirts of Kiev if he thinks it’s so cool.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:38:09 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:38:35 AM EDT
[#32]

Yes, twice. One killed a tree, and the other looked like friendly fire
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rgkeller:
Has anyone seen video of a tank firing its main gun? Either side

Yes, twice. One killed a tree, and the other looked like friendly fire

Here's another

https://t.me/OSINTUKRAINE/3012

Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:38:52 AM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

One would think so. We've been trying that way for a long time and it failed. Time to make them all fertilizer now.

And none of this "it's all just Putin's fault" BS either. He's not in those towns shelling kids.

I get the whole "kill'em and all and let God sort them out" thing now.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:40:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By AeroE:
For a while the rest of Europe is attempting to contain Putin to Ukraine.

That is unfortunate for the Ukrainian people.  Hopefully the aid of arms, medical care, and food floods in.  I'm more reserved about sending piles of money without tight controls that keep it out of reach of Ukrainian oligarchs.
View Quote

is this where Hunter Biden skims 20% off the top and The Big Man takes another 10%?
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:40:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Theodoric:
Link

MARIUPOL, Ukraine (AP)  Russian strikes hit near airports Friday in the western Ukrainian cities of Ivano-Frankiivsk and Lutsk, far from Russia's main offensive, possibly indicating a new direction in the war.

The mayor of Ivano-Frankiivsk, Ruslan Martsinkiv, ordered residents in neighboring areas to head to shelters after an air raid alert. The mayor of Lutsk also announced an airstrike near the airport. There were no immediate reports of casualties.

New satellite photos, meanwhile, appeared to show a massive convoy outside the Ukrainian capital had fanned out into towns and forests near Kyiv with artillery pieces raised for firing in another potentially ominous movement.
View Quote

It sounds like russia is expanding their war in Ukraine. At some point they want to be able to move  in more seige weapons. Their plan almost seems to always be to encircle a city and cut it off from supplies, then just flatten the whole place with shelling.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:42:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Kuhndog:

Wonder what his response would be if Zelenskyy told him Israel should surrender to Iran
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kuhndog:
Originally Posted By Chokey:

lol

Wonder what his response would be if Zelenskyy told him Israel should surrender to Iran

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:43:03 AM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

Yeah man, my thoughts exactly.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:44:55 AM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

You know I'm not arguing that it's not happening right?

I'm simply saying there are a SHIT ton of Russians against this war.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:44:56 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Durka-Durka:

Which begs the question: What happens if they stop?  Does the world just go back to normal?  Will the world end up trying to compensate to make russia stable again?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Durka-Durka:
Originally Posted By sq40:
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:
Originally Posted By elcope:

Well worth the 30 min to watch.

Yes, it is. Some very thought provoking stuff in there.

"We are living in the post America Police/smoldering wildfires are igniting/power is shifting fast stage right now."

That actually makes a lot of sense and explains the global craziness we are seeing. Hell, America doesn't even want police on it's own streets these days.

I heard him on an interview last night. He said Russia has 4-8 weeks left to end this conflict or Russia will completely collapse because of sanctions.

Which begs the question: What happens if they stop?  Does the world just go back to normal?  Will the world end up trying to compensate to make russia stable again?

I suppose in the same sense as your credit  goes back to normal after you discharge a bankruptcy. Eager lendors are going to be wary.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:47:48 AM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

better inspect those tires carefully.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:48:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dracster] [#41]
Russia is making sure the Ukrainians can't play soccer or workout in the gym.

https://t.me/operativnoZSU_chat/64582
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:49:18 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By stinkypol:

Personally, I’d walk after seeing god knows how many of those toasted.
View Quote

You being Minnesota says alot about that sentiment
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:50:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By sabre_kc:
So if we’re really looking for signs of impending economic collapse in Russia, might be good to look for corporate jet activity. Those guys have to have an egress plan. Not Yuri from the chain factory, I mean the Russian ballers that can afford jets. And if they can get out, where would they go? Rich people don’t survive long in Russia when people get all pitchforky, historically speaking anyway. Would be crazy if they couldn’t leave because nobody will accept them and they get eaten like the Romanovs did, and probably by Yuri from the chain factory.
View Quote

Good point. It seems to me there are plenty of places where the only requirement for entry is money, that would gladly give them asylum. Caymans? St. Kitts & Nevis? Ecuador? Maybe even Monaco although since it's in Europe they might not be as welcoming.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:51:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:51:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Wait until most of Russia's military is committed in Ukraine and then unleash nato on them.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:53:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By x248716x:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By x248716x:

"modern nuclear weapons"      read between the lines.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:55:03 AM EDT
[#47]

FTFY  

He was from Missouri.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By USMCTanker:

MacArthur was a better general officer than Truman (the former NY MOARNG FA Officer who was “elected” to be a battery commander) was president.  General MacArthur wanted to leverage our superior military technology and combat power against an adversary to win a major conflict.  

What an amazing concept…

No wonder he is so maligned in American history classes.

FTFY  

He was from Missouri.

Had we listened to MacArthur and Patton we would have been far better off.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:57:12 AM EDT
[#48]

He's very well regarded.

Although I dont think his current overall analysis takes adequate consideration of the new US-China Cold War 2 and how that will keep the US engaged with the world for at least the next decade or two in asia.
View All Quotes

He's very well regarded.

Watch his ft Benning one. Without 🇺🇸 protection of global seaways, China is dead in the water. Simple solution is simple.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:58:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

So nuclear war now, or nuclear war later? Those are our choices? I'd say we're in a better position now, while VP has his dick stuck in a bear trap, and we know where most of his goons are, stuck in the mud.
View Quote

Like a bully extorting your lunch money he's always going to come back. Knock his dick in the dirt and the second he throws down 450 silos get emptied and we'll see how it's goes.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:58:51 AM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

Time is their enemy.
Ukraine has shown the ability (with our weapons) to continually bleed the Russians and this will not change much with more conservative play on the Russian side.  It will be Afghanistan but ten times worse.  The Russians might learn some lessons and improve but so will the Ukrainians.
Putin could back off directly assaulting cities like Kiev, decreasing his own casualties, allowing for his forces to regroup, and decreasing the negative political pressure that has resulted from scenes of artillery shelling cities in 2022.  When you look at history, the situation is potentially analogous to 1915, when the Germans understood that they could no longer win outright and switched to a strategy of holding onto their gains and making the allies pay a high cost to take them back.  The Russians could dig in and run the Ukranian playbook in reverse - flood occupied territory with ATGMs and bleed out Ukranian counter-offensives while they pump out propaganda to useful idiots.
However, the longer sanctions continue the more catastrophic the damage to Russia’s economy and (IMO) the don’t have 4 years to play out the string.  My guess is that he as already shown himself to be enough of a madman that he will not be able to tie reduced sanctions to a less aggressive posture in Ukraine in a quid-pro-quo arrangement.  Europe knows they have him by the balls and they would be fools to settle for less than total withdrawal, which Putin cannot survive politically.
Unfortunately, having painted himself into a corner, I think it’s quite likely that Russia pulls either an NBC attack or more likely an NBC false flag on themselves to give them pretext to go hog wild.  The best thing that can happen for the world and for Russia is for someone to put a bullet in him.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1020 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top