Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1156 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:43:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

https://i.imgur.com/I7voVed.jpg

1964 or 65
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
Originally Posted By Johnny_Utah_88:
I just realized I was wrong, I actually got my first one in about 83

https://i.imgur.com/I7voVed.jpg

1964 or 65

Y'all take this debate to a different thread. The debate on what year an AR15 was manufactured has jack shit to do with anything here in this thread.

@DV8 @DK-Prof Can y'all help here please?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:44:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By ad_nauseam:

This.

Only thing is, I am not sure they lost their "best". Russians have a habit of sending penal battalions into battle to clear the way for more experienced, organized units.
Penal battalions were formed from ZEKs, or prisoners.  If your battalion gets encircled, you become a traitor, "Enemy of the People" and go to Gulag and then to a penal battalion to "redeem" yourself.

I wonder if Putin plays stupid for now, lets them think they are winning, let's this continue for a bit longer, exhausts UA and then throws more divisions into the meat grinder, this time real, not BS conscripts.  That's how they won in Stalingrad. Threw fresh reserves into the battle.

Thing is, not sure he has that resource. Or can command anyone to go. Who in his right mind would climb into a box on wheels only to end up under fire.
View Quote

Russians have 100% of the BTGs they brought engaged and that is 75% of the total of their BTG's.  Quit it with the stupid 'just wait till the REAL troops show up!'
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:44:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By kncook:

@Voland

Owned by ABC Media Bulgaria (front company). This is the father of the creator and editor. He is a former Soviet Foreign affairs chief in USSR:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krassimir_Ivandjiiski
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Voland:

ZeroHedge is Russian owned.

You keep saying that... but whats your proof?

@Voland

Owned by ABC Media Bulgaria (front company). This is the father of the creator and editor. He is a former Soviet Foreign affairs chief in USSR:

jfc, all it was was a headline probably from Bloomberg Terminal, other twitter accounts had the same fucking thing.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:45:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By SilverBearX:

Putin is attacking Ukraine! Lets all give up some Liberty!
It is not like we did not know this is one of the objectives Democrats have been aiming for for two decades. Amazing that after the last two years of Covid BS, that many are still so easily fooled.
It is fine to sanction Putin, hell as far as I am concerned, stick a missile up his ass, but this legislation appears to be...problematic.
With your track record, I am not surprised that you defend it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SilverBearX:
Originally Posted By Shenanigunz:
Originally Posted By DeathMetalMedic:
Originally Posted By bikedamon:

Who were the 8 idiots?

Glenn Grothman
Thomas Massie
Matt Gaetz
Lauren Boebert
Andy Biggs
Marjorie Taylor Greene
Chip Roy
Dan Bishop

Putin is attacking Ukraine! Lets all give up some Liberty!
It is not like we did not know this is one of the objectives Democrats have been aiming for for two decades. Amazing that after the last two years of Covid BS, that many are still so easily fooled.
It is fine to sanction Putin, hell as far as I am concerned, stick a missile up his ass, but this legislation appears to be...problematic.
With your track record, I am not surprised that you defend it.

Opportunistic =/= planned conspiracy. Every time some shit comes up and they leap on it as a pretense to get the next issue on, and everyone leaps to,"They planned this out way back!" and no, what they do is wait until the next inevitable whatever the fuck happens, because something always happens, and then they get right on how to use it to further their overall ulterior agenda. Most of the time they have no need to foment crises ahead of time, because there's always a crisis of some kind, like sunrises in the east, death, taxes, and wet water.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:46:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By nickmemphis:

The first AR ad, which you could order it by mail to your doorstep direct, from 1960:

https://soldiersystems.net/2016/06/21/a-1963-colt-ar-15-advertisment/
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
Somebody's full of s***, I don't think ARs were available to the public until 89

LOL

The first AR ad, which you could order it by mail to your doorstep direct, from 1960:

https://soldiersystems.net/2016/06/21/a-1963-colt-ar-15-advertisment/

Come on guys, take that shit to another thread.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:47:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DK-Prof] [#6]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:48:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

TOS-1 kill. Edit: Not a Javelin. I thought the wobble was wonky video and that it was top attack profile but it probably is just lucky happenstance that the missile lost guidance and came down where it did. Good chance it’s one of their Stugna P missiles.

Regardless sweet kill.

View Quote

He got all of that one!
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:48:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nester] [#8]
To understand whether #Putin is expected in #Ukraine, it is enough to see how Ukrainians bury one dead soldier.

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:49:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7empest] [#9]
sorry for derail
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:49:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ERNURSE] [#10]
For everyone talking about Nukes here and there, you should read "One Second After" by John Matherson. EMP is almost if not more scary than an actual nuke on the ground.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:49:57 PM EDT
[#11]

TOS-1 kill. Edit: Not a Javelin. I thought the wobble was wonky video and that it was top attack profile but it probably is just lucky happenstance that the missile lost guidance and came down where it did. Good chance it’s one of their Stugna P missiles.

Regardless sweet kill.

View Quote

So, the first one hit close but missed?

And the second was secondary ignition or the missile was that powerful?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:51:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
View Quote

"Mine is bigger, McQuade."
"Mine is loaded." *click

Lone Wolf McQuade
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:51:31 PM EDT
[#13]

TOS-1 kill. Edit: Not a Javelin. I thought the wobble was wonky video and that it was top attack profile but it probably is just lucky happenstance that the missile lost guidance and came down where it did. Good chance it's one of their Stugna P missiles.

Regardless sweet kill.

View Quote

I bet that was a twofer.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:51:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Chokey:

jfc, all it was was a headline probably from Bloomberg Terminal, other twitter accounts had the same fucking thing.
View All Quotes

@Voland

Ok. I’m not talking about the headline. I’m talking about ZeroHedge the company.

You disagree?

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:52:18 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

I would think that would be a done deal.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:52:35 PM EDT
[#16]
This notion that the Russiaqn oligarch mob is going to take Pouftin out because they had no clue ahead of time, strikes me as highly unlikely. Just saying.
View Quote

Short term, I agree with you. Time would eventually allow opportunities, especially with the amount of money the oligarchs are losing.  I would think the Russian mob has quite a few resources to make this happen if they get an opening.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:52:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Make a plan now, if it happens you'll have about 30 minutes to get safe(r).

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/177432/FNsKR_OVsAMkRHY_jpg-2317047.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheLurker:

If this happens, expect Putin to go full retard. There will be all sorts of insanity bandied about from durr Kremlin.
Make a plan now, if it happens you'll have about 30 minutes to get safe(r).

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/177432/FNsKR_OVsAMkRHY_jpg-2317047.JPG

WHAT TO DO IF A NUCLEAR DISASTER IS IMMINENT!

This is no joke. Also read their prep guides. This is the company that purchased all of the Civil Defense Geiger counters (which are built like tanks and still very accurate and well made) which Communist Clinton tried to destroy- Sen. Rick Santorum saved them from destruction. The people at this company are subject matter experts on nuclear war survival. Don't listen to the leftists' trash talk that you can't survive fallout or even a distant blast (also parroted by the right). If you have a basement, you are half way there.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:52:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Master_Shake] [#18]

This.

Only thing is, I am not sure they lost their "best". Russians have a habit of sending penal battalions into battle to clear the way for more experienced, organized units.
Penal battalions were formed from ZEKs, or prisoners.  If your battalion gets encircled, you become a traitor, "Enemy of the People" and go to Gulag and then to a penal battalion to "redeem" yourself.

I wonder if Putin plays stupid for now, lets them think they are winning, let's this continue for a bit longer, exhausts UA and then throws more divisions into the meat grinder, this time real, not BS conscripts.  That's how they won in Stalingrad. Threw fresh reserves into the battle.

Thing is, not sure he has that resource. Or can command anyone to go. Who in his right mind would climb into a box on wheels only to end up under fire.
View Quote

I've been seeing this talking point repeated since day one. Send in the conscripts first so the bad ass battle hardened Spetsnaz can roll in and clean up.

Nothing I've seen anywhere leads me to believe that's the case. It's a talking point probably derived from what happened in Grozny, but even in Chechnya that was never a strategy but more just an observation of how things played out.

Even if that was their grand strategy in this instance, we're many many days past that point and the momentum seems to be pretty much static for the Russians.

It's just not accurate
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:53:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By AgeOne:

Its a poorly written bill...

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AgeOne:
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
I like him, but I wonder what max headroom's mindset is here.

Its a poorly written bill...

Sheeit, there hasn't been a well-written piece of legislation enacted since about 1912, or earlier.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:54:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By marcus5819:

And so it begins.
View Quote

Not good.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:55:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DK-Prof] [#21]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:55:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By glockluv:

I've been seeing this talking point repeated since day one. Send in the conscripts first so the bad ass battle hardened Spetsnaz can roll in and clean up.

Nothing I've seen anywhere leads me to believe that's the case. It's a talking point probably derived from what happened in Grozny, but even in Chechnya that was never a strategy but more just an observation of how things played out.

Even if that was their grand strategy in this instance, we're many many days past that point and the momentum seems to be pretty much static for the Russians.
View Quote

If "Saving the best for last" was the Russian strategy, why are they pulling in Syrians, Armenians, then begging for Belarussians, and Khazakhs? It just defies logic.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:55:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DK-Prof] [#23]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:55:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By ERNURSE:
For everyone talking about Nukes here and there, you should read "One Second After" by John Matherson. EMP is almost if not more scary than an actual nuke on the ground.
View Quote

One Second After is a good story and though exercise.  It's not necessarily accurate.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:56:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: W_E_G] [#25]
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

This is no joke. Also read their prep guides. This is the company that purchased all of the Civil Defense Geiger counters (which are built like tanks and still very accurate and well made) which Communist Clinton tried to destroy- Sen. Rick Santorum saved them from destruction. The people at this company are subject matter experts on nuclear war survival. Don't listen to the leftists' trash talk that you can't survive fallout or even a distant blast (also parroted by the right). If you have a basement, you are half way there.
View Quote

I live 16 miles from the White House.

I don't think the basement will be much help.

I'm just gonna go out in the street and get me a nuke-jack if there's any kind of warning.

If I get a full 30 minutes warning, I might have time for two.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:58:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By bjfoien:

Colt's submitted a request for BATF approval on October 23, 1963 and the first consumer AR-15 was produced for sale by Colt's January 2, 1964. For decades, Colt's was the only option if you wanted to own an AR-15.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bjfoien:
Originally Posted By CurseOfKatyn:
Originally Posted By ottodog8:

I bought my first AR-15 in 1972, a couple of years before I was issued one. You?

Knock off the bullshit or step out of the thread. Your choice.
Somebody's full of s***, I don't think ARs were available to the public until 89

Colt's submitted a request for BATF approval on October 23, 1963 and the first consumer AR-15 was produced for sale by Colt's January 2, 1964. For decades, Colt's was the only option if you wanted to own an AR-15.

After market ARs started showing up at least by 1981. My first job in the gun business was building them with off brand lowers: Quality Parts, SGW, Pac West, etc. and government surplus M16 parts sets, back in 1982.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:58:30 PM EDT
[#27]

Who were the 8 idiots?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bikedamon:

Who were the 8 idiots?

Take a wild guess, you’ll get most of them.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:59:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:59:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By W_E_G:

I'm just gonna go out in the street and get me a nuke-jack if there's any kind of warning.

View All Quotes

I'm next to a military base and a nuclear site. I have to go and hope for the best.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:00:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SoCalExile] [#30]
BTW the TOS-1 vid is from 2016:

??????????? ??????????? ???????!
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:00:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DK-Prof] [#31]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:02:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By ERNURSE:
View Quote

One second after is vastly technically and physically wrong
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:02:46 PM EDT
[#33]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
A group of European politicians addressed the Nobel Committee with a corresponding open letter.

They asked the Nobel Committee to extend the nomination procedure for the Nobel Peace Prize until March 31, 2022, to allow for a Nobel Peace Prize nomination for President Zelensky and the people of Ukraine. Officially, the deadline for nomination for the award expired on January 31.

"We are witness to the courage of the people of Ukraine withstanding this war waged upon them by the Russian Federation. Brave Ukrainian men and women are fighting to preserve democracy and self-government. From the defiance democratically elected Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to the man with tears in his eyes saying goodbye to his family to fight for his country, people all over Ukraine are rising up to resist the forces of authoritarianism.

We believe that now is the time to show the people of Ukraine that the world is on their side," reads the letter.

The letter to the Nobel Committee was signed by 36 European politicians from the Netherlands, Great Britain, Germany, Sweden, Estonia, Bulgaria, Romania and Slovakia. The letter is open to co-sign by political leaders across the world until March 30th.
Zelensky may become a candidate for the Nobel Peace Prize

He will not win.
1. He's fishbelly white, and fairly close to the actual Caucusus range which is probably equivalent to some sort of super duper whiteness is likely how the Nobel committee that does the soft awards like peace sees it. Like, Obama won it before he even took office just for being black.
2. LOL
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:02:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

So basically we don't know if they are or not lol. Got it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

So basically we don't know if they are or not lol. Got it.

China backs China. Whatever is in their best interest is the path they will take.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:02:55 PM EDT
[#35]

This.

View Quote

Ah yes. The legendary “real army” Putin has been holding onto. The one full of T14’s, T90’s and VDV troopers.

The cream of the Russian army was KIA,MIA, POW week 1.

The paratroopers got waxed on the air, land and sea and that’s no exaggeration.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:03:42 PM EDT
[#36]

Regardless sweet kill.

View Quote

I thought that video looked familiar.

This was posted on YouTube Feb 28.

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:04:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Theodoric:
It's not Russian owned, it's a Russia-friendly Kremlin amplifier. The owners father was a state-friendly journalist in Communist Bulgaria.  Multiple analyses of content on Zerohedge have demonstrated that it propagates Russia friendly stories through its content referrer network much more often than other sites. That could be due to the owner's Russia-friendly bias, or it could be due to an arrangement.  The problem with these alt-news sites is that they lack any transparency, have no editorial oversight and no publicly available owner or interest data. At least with shills like WaPo and the NYT, they are transparent enough that you know which interests they are pushing.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/124774/1D97CFAC-D140-4B8C-A888-63C17AFD7FF8-2316045.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/124774/CFFAAE6B-E1E5-427A-8C89-3BF71290056B-2316047.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Theodoric:

It's not Russian owned, it's a Russia-friendly Kremlin amplifier. The owners father was a state-friendly journalist in Communist Bulgaria.  Multiple analyses of content on Zerohedge have demonstrated that it propagates Russia friendly stories through its content referrer network much more often than other sites. That could be due to the owner's Russia-friendly bias, or it could be due to an arrangement.  The problem with these alt-news sites is that they lack any transparency, have no editorial oversight and no publicly available owner or interest data. At least with shills like WaPo and the NYT, they are transparent enough that you know which interests they are pushing.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/124774/1D97CFAC-D140-4B8C-A888-63C17AFD7FF8-2316045.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/124774/CFFAAE6B-E1E5-427A-8C89-3BF71290056B-2316047.jpg

Thank you for posting this! My posts from weeks ago named 7 of those websites. Another chart can put Alex Jones/Info Wars in the spot that ZH has and there would a whole other list of duped and/or Russian propaganda sites.

One has to wonder about all those anonymous fund raisers these sites have and where the real donations are coming from.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:04:19 PM EDT
[#38]
McGregor was on Tucker.

He just wanted you to know the UKR military was defeated, a spent force. UKR needs to agree to terms, and be grateful for whatever Putin offers. Then we need to drop all these silly sanctions and suck up to them since they have one of the most pre-eminent militaries on the planet.

He looked like he'd been huffing glue for the past 48 hours.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:05:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Yobro512:

Ah yes. The legendary “real army” Putin has been holding onto. The one full of T14’s, T90’s and VDV troopers.

View All Quotes

This.

The cream of the crop is watching Putin's back. Then, what you said.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:06:40 PM EDT
[#40]
BTW the TOS-1 vid is from 2016:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ-oYdtgnnw
View Quote

Even more familiar than I thought!
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:06:48 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

True. You are too close.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:07:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By doc540:

So, the first one hit close but missed?

And the second was secondary ignition or the missile was that powerful?
View Quote

One TOS-1 has 30 rockets weighing 400 pounds apiece.  So let’s say 9000 pounds of HE and rocket fuel.

I’d say the 5 pound war head set one off, which caused a chain reaction and blew the other one up. Which is why after the first miss the second crew dismounted and ran like hell.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:11:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Polish truck driver dumping coal in front of the Russian Embassy in Warsaw

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:12:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
https://i.redd.it/gaxx07t311o81.png
View Quote

I can't decide if that's kinda creepy... or totally freaking awesome.

I wonder if Peter Schiff would have criticized him if he'd worn a shirt like that for his address to congress?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:12:27 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

They still have plenty of good units that are held back in defense.

Plenty.

A lot of the good t90s (aka t90m and T90MS), cream of the crop dudes are held back specifically for this purpose should nato become directly involved.

They aren’t throwing everything in this, especially good units.

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:12:51 PM EDT
[#46]

This.

View Quote

I doubt it. That would be a retarded strategy. Every day more money, arms, training, and even foreign volunteers flood into UA. More Molotovs are made. More fighting positions prepared. More satellite photos are taken and analyzed, showing Russian positions, tracking their movement and creating better live intel.

It also wouldn't explain a bunch of paratroopers and spetznaz getting annihilated right off the bat - that was an attempt at a decapitating strike.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:13:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fadedsun] [#47]
Originally Posted By realwar:
Polish truck driver dumping coal in front of the Russian Embassy in Warsaw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuCD9vT-43g
View Quote

They’re going to run out and shop it back to Moscow because they’re out of it there
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:15:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Cpt_Kirks:

That makes it sound like Pooh is about to buttfuck Putin.
View Quote
Pooh is gonna end up with pooh dick.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:15:35 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

If I'm around DC, and happen to see you in the street enjoying things, I'll know what to expect.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:15:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Its the premise and not the fiction that make "One Second After" a good thought exercise.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1156 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top