Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1215 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/20/2022 4:44:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By stone-age:

At some point the more enthusiastic members of American politics better return to the understanding that the people who disagree with them for whatever reason, are also Americans.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By netstorm:
"Russia should use its special services within the borders of the United States to fuel instability and separatism, for instance, provoke "Afro-American racists". Russia should "introduce geopolitical disorder into internal American activity, encouraging all kinds of separatism and ethnic, social and racial conflicts, actively supporting all dissident movements  extremist, racist, and sectarian groups, thus destabilizing internal political processes in the U.S. It would also make sense simultaneously to support isolationist tendencies in American politics"."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundations_of_Geopolitics

At some point the more enthusiastic members of American politics better return to the understanding that the people who disagree with them for whatever reason, are also Americans.

They may be Americans in name but the radical left is every bit as much hostile, dangerous, and a threat then any Russian.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 4:44:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By hondaciv:

I guess we see it 100% opposite.  Because what I see are 2 near universal truths in politics right now.  A rarity.

1)  Russia should not have invaded Ukraine.
2)  Everything should be done to help Ukraine beat Russia without provoking Russia into war.

Nowhere, and I mean not even once have I seen someone say "Yeah, we should totally kickoff global thermonuclear warfare with Russia over Ukraine."

I'm sure there's someone.  There always is.
View Quote

And I think there are a whole bunch of people who totally don't understand what it means if a NATO country attacks russian assets. They want the injustice against Ukraine to stop, and they totally don't understand or don't care what the results are of a shooting war with russia would mean. I talk to one very frequently. She figures ww3 is going to happen anyway so we should just attack russia now specifically in order to stop the attacks on Ukraine.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 4:44:54 PM EDT
[#3]

There are plenty of church leaders in America that have said or done some pretty disturbing stuff. I have no idea if this russian church is massive or some odd little church with questionable members.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:

That is... disturbing.

I found that tweet.

Anton Shekhovtsov, author of Russia and the Western Far Right.

I must confess, the connections I'm learning about in all of this, between Russia and what I thought were "conservative" voices, is interesting.

And a bit... disturbing.

There are plenty of church leaders in America that have said or done some pretty disturbing stuff. I have no idea if this russian church is massive or some odd little church with questionable members.

Would be nice to know more about that for sure.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 4:44:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By guns762:
Let's please stay on topic.  
View Quote

tY
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 4:46:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 4:46:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Theodoric:
ARFCOM:  Nazis don't exist in the United States. It's all astroturf and made up by the media.
Also ARFCOM:  Ukraine is full of Nazis and they need to be denazified.  I saw it on Twitter and Gateway Pundit.
Reality:  Small groups of self-identified Nazis exist in a bunch of countries, including Russia. We shouldn't be making domestic or international policy decisions around small groups of dumbasses that deserve nothing but derision.
View Quote

Dammit, Theodoric, stop posting stuff that's rational and reasonable.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 4:47:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By kncook:

Is he a commie stooge? Cuz I didn’t say that at all. Are you suggesting a lot of people here aren’t affected by what they have been doing propaganda wise? Are you saying it does or doesn’t exist? Which is it?

@Eight_Ring

View Quote

Tucker Carlson is (I believe appropriately) a strong-borders America-first crypto-isolationist who knows that men can't have babies (he's right) and that inaction at the southern border is part of a very deliberate strategy to weaken and destroy America (he's right) by the very people who are trying to destroy every aspect of the American Bill of rights (he's right) and who suspects that the very same people who are trying to drag the United States into the Ukranian geographical misfortune/tragedy "for the children" are also probably doing so because Ukraine is a rich source of retirement money for them (and I suspect he's right about that, too).

As for "propaganda"?  Anybody who imagines that they care so passionately and deeply about Ukraine (really?  Why? Two months ago you couldn't have pointed to Ukraine on a map)--your head is so full of propaganda
that you can't even think straight.  And that's all I'm going to say about that.

Now you can call me a dim-witted commie stooge.

Link Posted: 3/20/2022 4:48:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By mercersfinest4:

I love this idea.

Or maybe use comms to make it seem like UKR volunteers are in a certain spot.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ISEEYOU2:

They can’t be released back to Russia.

For propaganda value, figuring out a way for Putin to shell his own POWs in a civilian area would play well.

Put the Russian prisoners in a theater marked children on the outside. That will guarantee their death !!!

I love this idea.

Or maybe use comms to make it seem like UKR volunteers are in a certain spot.

Hell you could probably guarantee its destruction by Russian forces if you marked it "Hey, your POWs are here". Putin doesn't want 'em back. Doesn't even want to acknowledge they exist.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 4:49:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: marcus5819] [#9]
Originally Posted By Eight_Ring:

Tucker Carlson is (I believe appropriately) a strong-borders America-first crypto-isolationist who knows that men can't have babies (he's right) and that inaction at the southern border is part of a very deliberate strategy to weaken and destroy America (he's right) by the very people who are trying to destroy every aspect of the American Bill of rights (he's right) and who suspects that the very same people who are trying to drag the United States into the Ukranian geographical misfortune/tragedy "for the children" are also probably doing so because Ukraine is a rich source of retirement money for them (and I suspect he's right about that, too).

As for "propaganda"?  Anybody who imagines that they care so passionately and deeply about Ukraine (really?  Why? Two months ago you couldn't have pointed to Ukraine on a map)--your head is so full of propaganda
that you can't even think straight.  And that's all I'm going to say about that.

View Quote

Enjoy
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 4:50:10 PM EDT
[#10]
ARFCOM:  Nazis don't exist in the United States. It's all astroturf and made up by the media.
Also ARFCOM:  Ukraine is full of Nazis and they need to be denazified.  I saw it on Twitter and Gateway Pundit.
Reality:  Small groups of self-identified Nazis exist in a bunch of countries, including Russia. We shouldn't be making domestic or international policy decisions around small groups of dumbasses that deserve nothing but derision.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
Originally Posted By snackle:
Russia certainly should not have invaded Ukraine.

Dems and Rinos certainly should not have been laundering money in Ukraine, and participating in corruption.

The US should not have engaged in provocative actions in Ukraine. We should have taken Russian security concerns seriously, and told them we would not place nukess there under any condition,  and supported denazification through peaceful means.

The green weenies should not have made Europe dependent upon russian energy.

NATO countries should have kept up with defense obligations.

Joe Biden shouldn't have stolen the election.

Ukrainians should not have persecuted ethnic Russians.

With all that said,  millions of people who had nothing to do with the above stupidity are being made victims of this conflict. I pray that peace can be made soon,  and if not,  that Ukraine can defend itself.

You put a bunch of fairly reasonable stuff around this pile of steaming dung.

I really think the Ukraine nazi stuff is very overblown it sounds kind of ridiculous.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 4:51:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By mnd6563:
Is this US permission to turn the Polish loose?  

View Quote

Shit. It sounds like permission. Maybe because belarus looks like it's preparing to attack Ukraine? This is all not good.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 4:52:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
Turns out the MIG controversy was the Poles trying to arm twist/guilt us into giving them millions of dollars in military aircraft. It was never a case of the US administration not having the political will.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
Originally Posted By prill64:

Because while we may differ on how our country should be run, many people agree that seeing innocent people killed by an aggressor nation invading a sovereign country is generally a bad thing.

I'm no Biden fan, but I think his administration has walked a pretty good path here.  Aside from the MiG debacle we're supporting with arms directly and supporting indirectly by supporting European Countries doing the same.

A bunch of European countries that have S300s Ukraine could use are magically getting Patriot batteries stationed there being a good example.

We're not the global police but are encouraging European countries to do their part since this is in their backyard and supporting that process pretty well.

Just because Dems are supporting something doesn't mean Republicans should automatically be against it.  That's part of the problem with our politics.

We bashed Democrats for "Orange man bad". We should not fall into the same trap.

ETA: there's always gonna be politics at playbut the core here is that what Russia is doing is bad and we're playing an appropriate part of stopping that.
Turns out the MIG controversy was the Poles trying to arm twist/guilt us into giving them millions of dollars in military aircraft. It was never a case of the US administration not having the political will.

A week before the Poles did any such thing, the US announced that the transfer was given a green light. If anything the Poles simply called our bluff.

Link Posted: 3/20/2022 4:52:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

Is that legit? If so, then words fail me...
View Quote

My thoughts don't fail me but my words probably wouldn't end well here
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 4:53:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Maine_11B_to_Nurse:

Hell you could probably guarantee its destruction by Russian forces if you marked it "Hey, your POWs are here". Putin doesn't want 'em back. Doesn't even want to acknowledge they exist.
View Quote

I would love to see Ukraine form a new Russian Liberation Army
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 4:54:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:

I really think the Ukraine nazi stuff is very overblown it sounds kind of ridiculous.
View All Quotes

Dems and Rinos certainly should not have been laundering money in Ukraine, and participating in corruption.

The US should not have engaged in provocative actions in Ukraine. We should have taken Russian security concerns seriously, and told them we would not place nukess there under any condition,  and supported denazification through peaceful means.

With all that said,  millions of people who had nothing to do with the above stupidity are being made victims of this conflict. I pray that peace can be made soon,  and if not,  that Ukraine can defend itself.

It is. Azov existed and had Neo-Nazis in it, there is no doubt.  Ukraine did probably the best thing they could by actually making it a legitimate fighting organization rather than an uncontrolled militia. The Nazis largely went away once they had to start playing by a set of rules.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 4:54:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#16]
(Removed, CoC violation~guns762)
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 4:55:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By eesmith:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnUCdchvoyc
View Quote

OST to listen tonight
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 4:56:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: snackle] [#18]
Is the azov battalion an actual battalion in the Ukraine military? If not,  how did they get javelins and training on javelin?

As far as I know,  we don't give Javelins to nazis in the US, nor do we have a battalion of them in our military.

Comparisons to the 5, nazis in the US, 4 of which are feds, don't make any sense?
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 4:56:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: marcus5819] [#19]

View Quote

Thank!! goodnes I agree!
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 4:59:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

Is that legit? If so, then words fail me...
View Quote

If I'm not mistaken the russian government and military has been very friendly with the church for a while. And the church has been friendly with them. I saw a video during the invasion of crimea where it was noted the special forces guys seemed to have a pro-military/church belief system or something.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 5:01:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

What is going on is that the Russian IO aimed at the American right  has worked very well. It has been obvious for years and nobody has cared.
View All Quotes

I’m completely confused as to why some conservative politicians and personalities like Gaetz, MTG, Boebert, Tucker Carlson, etc are supporting Russia and Russian propaganda.

Can someone give me a quick summary on wtf is going on?

What is going on is that the Russian IO aimed at the American right  has worked very well. It has been obvious for years and nobody has cared.

I generally agree with you but will add some context/opinion.
Hello to a friend in Estonia!
First, as I’m sure you are probably aware, Russian IOs are directed against both sides of the political spectrum here.
Second, IMO what makes such IOs particularly effective is that they leverage the internal divisions in the US which are carefully created and cultivated by the two parties themselves, in order to jointly remain in power.  The goal of the two-party system in the US is to gradually, but continually, move the US toward authoritarian government, and the “platforms” of each party are carefully chosen hot-button issues designed to get people on “their team” and keep them there.  They limit options and limit what can even be debated in the public sphere.  They foment political hatred and dehumanization of the other “team”.  The American electorate is presented with a “choice” which is frequently just the lesser of two evils, but then builds up the candidate into “our guy” who can do no wrong.   I have relatives who voted for Trump with reluctance because they knew what he was, but believed Hillary was worse.  (That wasn’t necessarily wrong.). Then the party propaganda got them to forget their reservations.  The analogy of rival football teams is a good one - whether Michigan/Ohio state (for US football) or Boca Juniors vs River Plate (soccer).  Everything “my team” does is right, everything “your team” does is wrong.  The path we have been on doesn’t bode well for the future, with each side looking to direct political violence against the other side while ignoring their own double standards.  However, the Ukraine situation may change that for the better and get people to apply cognitive dissonance.  I took that step around 2008, well into the Iraq/Afghanistan invasion.  I was a useful conservative idiot (‘MURICA FUCK YEAH!) before starting to wake up, at which point I flirted with Russian IOs like Zerohedge before figuring out what was going on there.  Looking back 15 years I’m ashamed of my own attitudes.  I thank God that I’ve left the two-party paradigm and learned to apply some degree of critical thinking, but many, many people on both sides are still enthralled.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 5:02:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SpaceGuy] [#22]

View Quote

He can be right about many issues, but still insanely wrong on this one and be a complete turbo retard that won't back down from his failure. And the same goes for the people that support his position, or defend his position because its Tucker Carlson.

The right wing is not immune to propaganda. Certainly the left basks in it more. But we are not immune to coercion and propaganda that tries to fit beneficial views of bad actors worldwide. The failure to personally investigate, learn, process, and use that to influence your own decisions is a huge failure of many Americans. Instead of listening to Tucker Carlson, or Rachel Maddow, or anyone.... Actually reading up on the issue, researching unbiasedly, and helping that form an opinion, is far more beneficial to learn the nuance of an issue, rather than filtered garbage from talking heads that seek only to allure people and get them to subscribe to their view because its financially profitable to them.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 5:02:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Is the azov battalion an actual battalion in the Ukraine military? If not,  how did they get javelins and training on javelin?

As far as I know,  we don't give Javelins to nazis in the US, nor do we have a battalion of them in our military.

Comparisons to the 5, nazis in the US, 4 of which are feds, don't make any sense?
View Quote

You're not worried about the communists in our military? Are we giving them Javelins?! You seem pretty spooked. Should we ask Russia to help us peacefully decommify this country so we don't eventually have to resort to just killing them?
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 5:02:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By MattyCR:

This is all you need

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/lq2sWHD9zBA/maxresdefault.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By nickmemphis:

I'll go with the plasma rifle in the 40 watt range, but thats just me...

You guys can pew pew lead at autonomous hunter killer robots that walk like a metallic dog that got in my liquor cabinet.

If those  fancy robokiller dogs are going to survive even small arms fire and function, they're going to need a lot more armor, I would think. Haven't seen any tests where it was up against farmer John Elmer from his stone barn with his daddy's .30-30 or the Garand he got after the war with a few clips of M2AP. The humanoid ones too.
They look badass up against three dudes tripping, shoving, and kicking them.

Let's see what happens if someone puts a clip or two of AP out of a Garand in it from 75 yards away.

This is all you need

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/lq2sWHD9zBA/maxresdefault.jpg

ready...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 5:03:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By TheResurrector:
The staff members simply aren't honest brokers.
View Quote

Why, because they banned a whole bunch of people from the thread for attempting to derail it with Russian propaganda talking points? As a general matter, there are certainly problems with some site staff. Their handling of this thread has not been out of line.

I wonder, how many people have been banned from the thread?
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 5:04:31 PM EDT
[#26]

Cool.  So now tell me why the left wants to see a war with Russia.  The left--who hates America and everything America stands for, some people did some things--remember that left?  Yeah--tell me why THEY are so peculiarly interested in involving themselves in Ukraine's war, no matter what the costs.
View All Quotes

Cool.  So now tell me why the left wants to see a war with Russia.  The left--who hates America and everything America stands for, some people did some things--remember that left?  Yeah--tell me why THEY are so peculiarly interested in involving themselves in Ukraine's war, no matter what the costs.

Here is what you don't seem to get. Just because the left doesnt want to see Ukrainians get slaughtered by Russians doesn't mean the left wants war with Russia. It also does not mean that by supporting Ukraine means you support a democrat agenda. That is a simpleton way to look at things and people who engage in that type of reasoning are very easily manipulated.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 5:04:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By _disconnector_:
I swear the more I watch all of this the more that powered armor a la Starship Troopers makes perfect sense.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By _disconnector_:
Originally Posted By prill64:
Originally Posted By Birddog15:

But if the infantry now needs to have control for a mile or more before the tanks can come in, what is the point of the tanks?  Non-military here and I mean it as an honest question.

Much like battleships, tanks may lose relevance as the battlefield evolves.

Tanks serve a purpose supporting infantrythey carry heavier ordinance in larger quantity than infantry alone could handlebut watching this war I'm starting to wonder whether lighter more maneuverable armored vehicles (likely able to carry infantry) with good anti-armor and anti-aircraft abilities would be easier on logistics and may be more relevant.
I swear the more I watch all of this the more that powered armor a la Starship Troopers makes perfect sense.

I think the human is the weakest link in many of the systems, including power armor. Drones, unmanned or remotely manned systems would make smaller form factors, more mobile, and adaptable.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 5:04:44 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Azov is military unit of the Ukrainian military as far as I know. One of their best these days.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 5:05:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 5:05:24 PM EDT
[#30]

Shit. It sounds like permission. Maybe because belarus looks like it's preparing to attack Ukraine? This is all not good.
View Quote

Depends on what your definition of is, is
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 5:06:01 PM EDT
[#31]

I guess we see it 100% opposite.  Because what I see are 2 near universal truths in politics right now.  A rarity.

2)  Everything should be done to help Ukraine beat Russia without provoking Russia into war.

Nowhere, and I mean not even once have I seen someone say "Yeah, we should totally kickoff global thermonuclear warfare with Russia over Ukraine."

View All Quotes

I began typing out a very long response, but at this point--fuck it.

You're right.  

War with Russia should come as a complete surprise to everyone.

Enjoy.

You're right.  No one has said that.  Thanks for setting me straight.

Let's just hope that Russia is willing to take a loss in Ukraine gracefully.

And that Vladimir Putin doesn't mind the Russian economy imploding from the sanctions, and him being removed from power in a coup--oh, and probably getting assassinated when he loses control of Russia.

Then we can all act surprised when there is a nuclear warhead is launched with FUCK YOU written on it in big Cyrillic letters.

But hey--who could have seen THAT coming?
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 5:06:54 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

I'm thinking that a non nuclear alliance of Eastern European nations will possibly go into West Ukraine on a "peacekeeping" mission to free up the Ukrainian forces that are currently having to stay there and pull security in the event the Russians break through.  I've read that something like 7 nations have currently pledged to send troops in Ukraine on a peacekeeping mission.  This probably also has something to do with the face to face meeting last week between Zelensky and the Polish, Czech and Slovenian leaders.  It also may be what Zelensky is alluding to about World War III starting if the peace talks with Russia fail.  

With coalition troops securing Western Ukraine, the Ukrainian forces that are currently being tied up there would be free to go on the offensive to push the Russians out of the East, out from around Kiev, and back down South.

The coalition troops wouldn't be there in an offensive posture, and could state that their ROI was to strictly pull security and peacekeeping duties, unless they were directly attacked.  

I could see Zelensky and the Ukrainians using this as a negotiating tactic as well.  Basically tell Putin that he can save face and pull out and keep the forces and equipment he still has, or else they'll push them all the way back to Russian and kill and destroy a bunch more of his forces.

I may be wrong, but it's something I've been thinking about the last couple days with the recent news coming out about an Eastern European alliance.

I also imagine that Poland sees this as a golden opportunity to take care of Russia while they are already bloodied.  It doesn't help the Russians case either in the fact that they've been openly talking about invading Poland.

Link Posted: 3/20/2022 5:08:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Theodoric] [#33]
Originally Posted By cwm1150:

Azov is military unit of the Ukrainian military as far as I know. One of their best these days.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cwm1150:

They started as a paramilitary militia with leaders that were nationalist/Neo-Nazi.  Within a very short period of time (less than a couple of years), they were absorbed into the Ukrainian National Guard and most of the neo-Nazi elements left to form a political party. The Azov of 2022 isn't the Azov of 2014.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 5:08:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By rca2222:

A week before the Poles did any such thing, the US announced that the transfer was given a green light. If anything the Poles simply called our bluff.

View Quote
I've heard both sides, at this point it's "he said/she said", but I get your point.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 5:08:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Bunn19:

I'm thinking that a non nuclear alliance of Eastern European nations will possibly go into West Ukraine on a "peacekeeping" mission to free up the Ukrainian forces that are currently having to stay there and pull security in the event the Russians break through.  I've read that something like 7 nations have currently pledged to send troops in Ukraine on a peacekeeping mission.  This probably also has something to do with the face to face meeting last week between Zelensky and the Polish, Czech and Slovenian leaders.  It also may be what Zelensky is alluding to about World War III starting if the peace talks with Russia fail.  

With coalition troops securing Western Ukraine, the Ukrainian forces that are currently being tied up there would be free to go on the offensive to push the Russians out of the East, out from around Kiev, and back down South.

The coalition troops wouldn't be there in an offensive posture, and could state that their ROI was to strictly pull security and peacekeeping duties, unless they were directly attacked.  

I could see Zelensky and the Ukrainians using this as a negotiating tactic as well.  Basically tell Putin that he can save face and pull out and keep the forces and equipment he still has, or else they'll push them all the way back to Russian and kill and destroy a bunch more of his forces.

I may be wrong, but it's something I've been thinking about the last couple days with the recent news coming out about an Eastern European alliance.

I also imagine that Poland sees this as a golden opportunity to take care of Russia while they are already bloodied.  It doesn't help the Russians case either in the fact that they've been openly talking about invading Poland.

View Quote

7 you say?
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 5:09:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Timeflies] [#36]
Originally Posted By kncook:

Damn.

Guess you felt I was talking directly to you.

It’s sad on a lot of fronts that the propaganda gets people into this mindset. It’s taken to heart and people find a challenge to it offensive.

View Quote

Propaganda this, propaganda that

Conspiracy theory this, conspiracy theory that

You do realize that it is all just semantics to tell someone, albeit in a different way, that they are wrong and you are right?

Humans are basic.

We find people that agree, then use them as evidence that we are right.

Short of a basic set of morals and ethics, we can all spin everything else to be correct or wrong, as we see fit.

It is okay to disagree, it is healthy actually, as long as you do not wall yourself off of civil discussion and new information

But, one can not expect others to take them seriously, when they cannot even present themselves with intellectual honesty by showing that they understand that perception is reality and it is possible that others do not see things the same way I do, and most importantly, that does not mean they are wrong, maybe it is me, maybe the truth is in the middle, maybe we both are wrong

No reason to pretend to be intellectually superior, I assure you that you are not and neither am I, nor is anyone else on here. We all have different skillsets, sure, but r/t deciding what is true and false in a world of extreme propaganda, the disparity between skill sets is less than most seem to believe

Everyone is susceptible to interpreting information, and processing it differently. No reason to form teams over it, to further confirm your bias

Everyone falls for misinformation, the age of the internet is young, there has never been so much information streaming into peoples minds, but the ones that are worse off are those that cannot intelligently explain why their position should be considered as being more plausible, in a way that is capable of being received. In the real world you cannot just yell "propaganda" to cover your ass when you are incapable of explaining your position. I guess the internet has created this safe space.

A lack of intelligence is demonstrated in many ways, and pretending everyone is wrong that does not think the same as you is as certain of an indicator as someone who fails high school

If you think this is personally directed at you (anyone), which it is not, then you missed the point
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 5:09:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Management of the Chernobyl nuclear power plant, site of the world's worst nuclear accident in 1986, said Sunday that 50 staff members who had been on the job since the plant was seized by Russian forces on Feb. 24 have been rotated out and replaced. Officials had repeatedly expressed alarm that the staff was suffering exhaustion after weeks of forced, unrelieved work and that this endangered the decommissioned plant's safety.

The authority that manages the plant did not give specifics on how agreement was reached to let the workers leave and others come in to replace them.
View Quote
Exhausted staff at Chernobyl plant get relief
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 5:10:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
Riiiight because the silent professionals let some guy in Twitter know about clandestine stuff.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M-1975:
Originally Posted By i_tell_you_what:

Riiiight because the silent professionals let some guy in Twitter know about clandestine stuff.

"Don't tell anyone, but here's what our mission is..."
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 5:10:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 5:10:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: snackle] [#40]
Originally Posted By sneedsville:

You're not worried about the communists in our military? Are we giving them Javelins?! You seem pretty spooked. Should we ask Russia to help us peacefully decommify this country so we don't eventually have to resort to just killing them?
View Quote

We don't have a commie battalion. I'm not spooked, you're projecting.

I don't support Russia's invasion, in fact I'm adamantly opposed and even support giving them excellent weapons like the Javelin and live intelligence to target Russians, as well as training.

Nevertheless,  the azov battalion is there,  repping nazism.

My point is simple: don't compare nazis in UA with the US. There's only a few retards here,  half of which are feds, if not more.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 5:12:34 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

From now on, I am going to call German Nazis NINO. Face it, they made a deal with the Rooskies, turned on their fellow Europeans, and stole other people's sacred ancient symbols.  

Nothing nationalist about that. And who are the real enemies? Globalist? If they're so global, why are they talking like other people have no right to exist? Because this globe has lots more than one type of people.

Ukraine simply wants to be who they are, and do self determination, and

Not have some colonizers come in and wipe them so they can have their land.

Is that why people have a problem with this? America has fought countless battles here at home in order to change the mindset of the people who would do that here. I mean, there was once a time here. All UA is doing is preserving their own.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 5:14:48 PM EDT
[#42]

I understood that reference. Classic KGB dirty tricks.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Maine_11B_to_Nurse:

Sounds like an attempt to murder Zelensky.

Maybe it will rain and Z can have a nice umbrella with him...

I understood that reference. Classic KGB dirty tricks.

Abuzer Ugerlu approves of your post.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 5:14:52 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

God, I hope the Poles are warming up their Leopard's right now!  Time to let them feast!
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 5:15:33 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

You’re thinking like a captive of the two-party system.
“The Left” doesn’t hate America.  They (meaning the people at the top who actually make policy) want to move America toward an authoritarian government which they believe is necessary to govern America at the regional level but more importantly the world in the near future.  The US Right believes this too, as they offer at best token resistance while in fact going along with the Left in every important matter, specifically monetary and economic policy.  The Republican party’s main goal is to prevent significant resistance to this trend until it’s too late.
There is no disagreement on this subject between the two major US parties, or between the major world blocs.  The disagreement is over WHO IS GOING TO RULE.  Russia/Putin made their play, and the US/Europe let them make that mistake so they could remove Russia from the board.  Whether the endgame results in nuclear war remains to be seen.  If it does not, it ends with Russia the vassal state of either China or Europe, and I would bet on Europe.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 5:16:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sneedsville] [#45]

I don't support Russia's invasion, in fact I'm adamantly opposed and even support giving them excellent weapons like the Javelin and live intelligence to target Russians, as well as training.

View Quote

Projecting what exactly?  

Repping nazism? What does that actually mean? They have some questionable symbolism? They're purging jewish people in Ukraine?
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 5:16:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Chokey:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 5:16:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Stretchman:

From now on, I am going to call German Nazis NINO. Face it, they made a deal with the Rooskies, turned on their fellow Europeans, and stole other people's sacred ancient symbols.  

Nothing nationalist about that. And who are the real enemies? Globalist? If they're so global, why are they talking like other people have no right to exist? Because this globe has lots more than one type of people.

Ukraine simply wants to be who they are, and do self determination, and

Not have some colonizers come in and wipe them so they can have their land.

Is that why people have a problem with this? America has fought countless battles here at home in order to change the mindset of the people who would do that here. I mean, there was once a time here. All UA is doing is preserving their own.
View Quote
Here's the funny thing. Extreme globalism can be the enemy.  Extreme nationalism can also be the enemy. It caused two world wars and Russian extreme nationalism is the source of the invasion of the Ukraine. Too much of a good thing isn't good.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 5:17:14 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

Odd.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 5:17:15 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

I'm totally onboard with that plan.  Peacekeepers in the west, Ukrainians in the East.  Russians in the ground.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 5:18:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#50]

My point is simple: don't compare nazis in UA with the US. There's only a few retards here,  half of which are feds, if not more.
View Quote

Out of everything that’s happening over there, this really bothers you doesn’t it? Is their patch? Tell us how you really feel.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1215 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top