Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1551 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 2:34:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By outofbattery:
I can’t wait to see this new take on Arf

View Quote

He must have access to some pretty strong weed. Clown shoes Russia.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 2:37:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Israel showing it's true colors. Pretty shameful if you ask me

https://www.newsmax.com/world/globaltalk/israel-ukraine-russia-bucha/2022/04/09/id/1065026/
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 2:39:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I sporadically see indications that Mariupol is still receiving some supplies (via helicopter, etc) and it got me thinking. Has there been any real world application of or development towards utilizing drones for re-supply? Would it even be logistically feasible?

The situation in Mariupol (and many other Ukrainian towns over the past few weeks) would benefit from a drone based Berlin Airlift but equally looking at Afghanistan, Vietnam, etc many casualties stemmed from supply convoys being ambushed.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 2:40:06 PM EDT
[#4]
????????? ?????????? ?? ????? ??????? ????????? ??????? ?????
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 2:42:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

"No way we're sending troops to fight in Ukraine "
View Quote

As much as I oppose the US sending troops, it’s been generations since Soldiers had access to European war brides.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 2:42:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kingsmen] [#6]
Originally Posted By voodochild:

https://www.newsmax.com/world/globaltalk/israel-ukraine-russia-bucha/2022/04/09/id/1065026/
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

You'd think the Jews of all people would care more about this sort of thing.

Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

As much as I oppose the US sending troops, it’s been generations since Soldiers had access to European war brides.

It might help out the incel problem
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 2:42:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: elcope] [#7]
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 2:44:38 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

"Never Again"

*Some terms and conditions may apply.
Coupon may not be combined with any other offer.
Coupon must be presented at time of service
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 2:45:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hiyaboa] [#9]

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 2:46:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By klinc:
How is this germane to pearl harbor?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By klinc:
Originally Posted By dmjung:
Originally Posted By dillydilly:
Originally Posted By FDC:

It's a casual thread which has some smart people participating in it.  The abbreviations above were common and germane to the subject matter.  It's incumbent upon the reader to do some research and learn what they mean.

@FDC

The god damn Germans got nothin' to do with it.

@dillydilly

Can't tell if serious...

germane: (adjective) - closely or significantly related; relevant; pertinent
How is this germane to pearl harbor?

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 2:48:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
The Danes have sent a recon team:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FP6pEXiX0AslIuG?format=jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 2:49:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I guess they have ASVAB waivers in the Russian army too...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 2:51:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

I doubt that "447,400-square-meter residence" is correct unless she's was
building Jet airplanes.  Tacky
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jungatheart:
Originally Posted By Third_Rail:
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
This is seems so "white trash ignorant with money" tacky to me.

https://static.themoscowtimes.com/image/article_1360/08/_124077748_13.jpg

The alleged mistress of Russian President Vladimir Putin, Svetlana Krivonogikh, is renting out a luxury four-story apartment in St. Petersburg  complete with its own moat, according to a media investigation published Thursday.

The BBC's Russian service unearthed the listing on the website of German luxury brokerage Engel & Vlkers. The ad priced the "Residence on Kamenny Island"  a 19th-century retreat for imperial royalty  at 700,000 rubles ($8,700) per month, minus 90,000 rubles ($1,130) for utilities.

The listing was taken offline early Friday.
The BBC were able to link Krivonogikh to the apartment through registry papers that listed her as the owner of the 447,400-square-meter residence.
Continues...

For Rent: Investigation Exposes Putin Mistress' Elite St. Petersburg Apartment

It sure has that "Russian 'opulence'" feel to it yeah.

I doubt that "447,400-square-meter residence" is correct unless she's was
building Jet airplanes.  Tacky

May be the European use of the comma as a decimal rather than a period.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 2:51:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 2:52:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7empest] [#15]
Originally Posted By Crash_Test_Dhimmi:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/182245/Screenshot_20220409-144329_png-2343356.JPG
View Quote

I am surprised the orcs didn't try to grind the elephants foot down to powder and snort it.

ETA 3.6 Roentgen Not Great, Not Terrible
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 2:52:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: theskuh] [#16]
Originally Posted By Firefly1032:
I sporadically see indications that Mariupol is still receiving some supplies (via helicopter, etc) and it got me thinking. Has there been any real world application of or development towards utilizing drones for re-supply? Would it even be logistically feasible?

The situation in Mariupol (and many other Ukrainian towns over the past few weeks) would benefit from a drone based Berlin Airlift but equally looking at Afghanistan, Vietnam, etc many casualties stemmed from supply convoys being ambushed.
View Quote

Yes they were testing it in Afghanistan. A remote piloted helicopter k12? Kaman kmax was what it was.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 2:53:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By _disconnector_:
What's wild to me is the absolute blizzard of contradictory and honestly idiotic justifications for this conflict that we see pouring out of Russia right now. To me it all smells of desperation - it's what people do when they *know* in their hearts that they are wrong but they have to press forward for the sake of pride and lost self-respect.

The rest of the world sees this - I wonder if anyone inside Russia does as well?

View Quote

That has been the key media approach during the Putin era - not to convince the opponent that you are right, not even to convince that he is wrong but to convince him there is no truth and it's all just lies.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 2:54:20 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 2:54:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Crash_Test_Dhimmi:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/182245/Screenshot_20220409-144329_png-2343356.JPG
View Quote
Peter Sellers, Groucho Marks, Harold Ramis and Mel Brooks combined couldn't write this shit.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 2:54:47 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

That’s on par with what Putin was saying in his address to the world.  I wonder what the “it’s not worth escalating to WW3” crowd would say when the next country gets attacked.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 2:54:58 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Only in times of distress do you see people's true
personality and morality.

Always been an Israel supporter but this is bullshit.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 2:55:47 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

Lots of Russian heritage in Israel.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 2:56:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By sq40:

I'm not a military expert or anything.. but losing 1/4 of your military in six weeks is probably frowned upon.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sq40:
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

I'm not a military expert or anything.. but losing 1/4 of your military in six weeks is probably frowned upon.

Initial attacking force isn't the same thing as the entire military.  

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 2:56:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

That’s on par with what Putin was saying in his address to the world.  I wonder what the “it’s not worth escalating to WW3” crowd would say when the next country gets attacked.  
View Quote

If I have one guess they would say

“it’s not worth escalating to WW3”
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 2:57:59 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

Good to see them finally admit that the USSR was never anything more than "The Russian Empire."
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 3:00:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Got damn:

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 3:02:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Gun show collectors are already hoarding shit downrange:

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 3:05:15 PM EDT
[#28]

- Decreased excess equipment list by 25%, supporting local recycling program in the process.
View Quote

Great EPR bullet
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 3:05:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Gun show collectors are already hoarding shit downrange:

View Quote

Fo Pup!
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 3:06:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By SWIRE:

Yes.  All the above but each item has a different value in the range.  The qualifier is "available combat power before the invasion" and "that they had arrayed against Ukraine".

Link to the transcript of the DOD briefing.  https://www.defense.gov/News/Transcripts/Transcript/Article/2994883/senior-defense-official-holds-a-background-briefing/

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Yobro512:

"unnamed sources".  US DoD sources state Russia's is operating with 80-85% of what they started with.

80% of  what?

equipment?
Combat effective divisions?
Non casualties?
Tanks?
Planes?

Yes.  All the above but each item has a different value in the range.  The qualifier is "available combat power before the invasion" and "that they had arrayed against Ukraine".

Link to the transcript of the DOD briefing.  https://www.defense.gov/News/Transcripts/Transcript/Article/2994883/senior-defense-official-holds-a-background-briefing/

But, of the assessed available combat power that they had available to them before the invasion, that they had arrayed against Ukraine for this purpose, of the total assessed combat power that they had, we estimate that they are between 80 and 85 percent of what they had.

And it depends on, you know, that goes up or down depending on what individual factor you're looking at. Tanks, fighter aircraft, missile inventory, troops, I mean, but the aggregate tells us that they are under 85 percent of their assessed available combat power when they started this invasion.

That 80% may be what barely rolled out of a Siberian scrapyard, or the human equivalent.  

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 3:07:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 3:09:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 3:10:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 3:12:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Rebel31:

Someone's hand receipt is going to be short
View Quote
All the Russian senior officers who stole supplies and faked manpower can now square the books by writing all discrepancies off as "combat loss"
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 3:14:07 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 3:14:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Krater:

Agreed.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Krater:

Agreed.

Here is the cold,hard fact of the matter: a raped and murdered 3 year old doesn’t have any money,a few dozen of Putin’s oligarchs not only have heaps of money but Israeli citizenship.  The Israeli government has to answer to oligarchs and the 15% of the electorate that is Russian,not a dead child.

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 3:16:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Got damn:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 3:21:45 PM EDT
[#38]
I want to take a minute to extend a heartfelt thank you to the guys that continue to post great updates to this thread. Some of the insight and knowledge base has been very useful. Even getting the perspective from the Orc brigade is valuable I guess as it shows me stupidity is truly universal. To the hotheads that wanna snap at someone that asks a question just to show their dominance, I am told by your wives you do the same thing at home.
Again thanks for keeping me and others updated with facts, opinions, a good sense of humor.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 3:23:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 3:25:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By gatetraveller:

The European Left/Right political spectrum is nothing like the American spectrum. That's where people often get confused. The spectrum has also evolved over time.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gatetraveller:

I know European politics is odd, but in what world are the "far right" and Putin on the same team?

The European Left/Right political spectrum is nothing like the American spectrum. That's where people often get confused. The spectrum has also evolved over time.

This is a misunderstanding caused by deliberately poor semantics.  What makes something Left or Right is really no different.  Actual parties and organizations over there are way more ideologically diverse, though, than in the U.S. or even the other Anglophone countries.  It's a large spectrum, and European parties occupy more real estate on it than American parties do.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 3:27:20 PM EDT
[#41]
“Anti-ship missile systems”…..love the sound of that.

Prime Minister pledges UK’s unwavering support to Ukraine on visit to Kyiv: 9 April 2022

Prime Minister Boris Johnson meets President Zelenskyy in Kyiv and pledges to stand by the Ukrainian people.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson said:

"It is a privilege to be able to travel to Ukraine and meet President Zelenskyy in person in Kyiv today.
Ukraine has defied the odds and pushed back Russian forces from the gates of Kyiv, achieving the greatest feat of arms of the 21st century.
It is because of President Zelenskyy’s resolute leadership and the invincible heroism and courage of the Ukrainian people that Putin’s monstrous aims are being thwarted.
I made clear today that the United Kingdom stands unwaveringly with them in this ongoing fight, and we are in it for the long run.
We are stepping up our own military and economic support and convening a global alliance to bring this tragedy to an end, and ensure Ukraine survives and thrives as a free and sovereign nation.”

The Prime Minister set out new military assistance of 120 armoured vehicles and new anti-ship missile systems to support Ukraine in this crucial phase while Russia’s illegal assault continues. This is in addition to the £100 million worth of high-grade military equipment announced yesterday, including more Starstreak anti-aircraft missiles, another 800 anti-tank missiles, and high-tech loitering munitions for precision strikes.

Linky
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 3:34:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By mbinky:

“Anti-ship missile systems”…..love the sound of that.

Prime Minister pledges UK’s unwavering support to Ukraine on visit to Kyiv: 9 April 2022

Prime Minister Boris Johnson meets President Zelenskyy in Kyiv and pledges to stand by the Ukrainian people.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson said:

"It is a privilege to be able to travel to Ukraine and meet President Zelenskyy in person in Kyiv today.
Ukraine has defied the odds and pushed back Russian forces from the gates of Kyiv, achieving the greatest feat of arms of the 21st century.
It is because of President Zelenskyy’s resolute leadership and the invincible heroism and courage of the Ukrainian people that Putin’s monstrous aims are being thwarted.
I made clear today that the United Kingdom stands unwaveringly with them in this ongoing fight, and we are in it for the long run.
We are stepping up our own military and economic support and convening a global alliance to bring this tragedy to an end, and ensure Ukraine survives and thrives as a free and sovereign nation.”

The Prime Minister set out new military assistance of 120 armoured vehicles and new anti-ship missile systems to support Ukraine in this crucial phase while Russia’s illegal assault continues. This is in addition to the £100 million worth of high-grade military equipment announced yesterday, including more Starstreak anti-aircraft missiles, another 800 anti-tank missiles, and high-tech loitering munitions for precision strikes.

Linky
View Quote

His Twitter profile.
https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson

Definitely clear who he supports.

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 3:37:43 PM EDT
[#43]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FP6gXjtXEAE6R-T?format=jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FP6gXU3WUBI0DsQ?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote

Parts kits to help fund the rebuilding of Ukraine, hopefully….
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 3:38:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:

That one guy crossing the parking lot took cover on the wrong side of that car. Poor dude had a hard time getting back up... and everyone else was too busy running for their lives to help him.

So sad.

Fuck Russia.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:
Originally Posted By realwar:

That was crazy.

That one guy crossing the parking lot took cover on the wrong side of that car. Poor dude had a hard time getting back up... and everyone else was too busy running for their lives to help him.

So sad.

Fuck Russia.

never been in a rocket attack so I have some questions about what I'm seeing here.

dude looks like he just tripped and fell down. how can he be injured? shouldn't it look like he got hit with a giant invisible flyswatter?

lots of glass breaks and falls into the yard, but I don't see anything else damaged or even moving. windows on opposite building aren't affected, no damage to cars, dumpster doesn't move, tree branches don't move. how is that supposed to wiork?

why does the BARROOOOM noise go on for 10 seconds? why do the windows shatter and the webcam gets hit only in the middle of it? because there are multiple explosions and they are hit by one of them?
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 3:38:20 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

LOL, didn't Stalin demand a UN seat for each SSR back in the day?

Russia Always Lies.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 3:38:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Ecarl4100:

Lots of Russian heritage in Israel.
View Quote

Plenty of Ukrainians as well.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 3:39:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

There's a disgusting video of him with an actual baby in the comments. Don't watch it if you already have high blood pressure.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

This story is going to blow up. This shit is fucked.

There's a disgusting video of him with an actual baby in the comments. Don't watch it if you already have high blood pressure.

What the fuck. Not clicking but just what the fuck.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 3:46:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:
Asking this question in this thread is most likely a shot in the dark, but does anyone know the degree to which the Russians have bypassed Ukrainian army units and territorial defense in the areas they "control?" It seems to me that they really only have control over roadways.
View Quote

Tactical level information has been non-existent in public view, for the most part, as far as I can tell. Actual strength levels, placements, active equipment, etc, all dark. In the 21st century information environment, I'm fairly impressed with how quiet things are in terms of useful military details. Ukraine in particular seems to do an excellent job with information awareness, releasing things that they should release and keeping quiet things that they should keep quiet.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 3:49:31 PM EDT
[#50]
seems like all the worlds leaders are making the pilgrimage to Kiev.  When does Biden send Kamala?  maybe there's a pecking order.  perhaps after Bangla Desh and Sri Lanka?
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1551 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top