Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2817 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:31:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:31:54 AM EDT
[#2]
LOL
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:32:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:33:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PM4E:

A nation of cowards.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:

A nation of cowards.

They aren't anti-war, they are anti going to war themselves.

They are perfectly fine with the invasion of, and all the bad that is happening in UA.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:35:05 AM EDT
[#5]
FIAT makes a crap ton of cars in Poland.
Originally Posted By vahog:

I did some consulting work for a Polish company's US plant that was supplying Ikea in the US -- upholstered furniture and mattresses.

Although I doubt that pays for many HIMARS.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By vahog:
Originally Posted By torstin:

How does Poland pay for their defense? I may be out of touch with Eastern Europe but I can't name a single Polish company, or product produced in Poland or even a resource they might export.

I did some consulting work for a Polish company's US plant that was supplying Ikea in the US -- upholstered furniture and mattresses.

Although I doubt that pays for many HIMARS.

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:36:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:37:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Attention mobik shoppers!
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:38:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Swampgrass:

Busy day.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Swampgrass:

Busy day.

Someone here called it a couple of days ago when Ukraine reported they’d taken down a lot of air defense systems.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:39:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By kncook:

Meh….bullshit meter is pinging hard.

Is this the same “Special Forces” that arrested Tom Hanks and executed him after a military tribunal?

ETA:

That account says it’s a joke news account for “made up news”.

<this.

US Special Forces are now in law enforement?

Why link it without reading the profile?
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:39:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Dagger41:

Big debate on whether it's true or not.
View Quote

We need this edited to state that it's fake news so we don't get 5 pages of people responding.

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:40:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
LOL
View Quote

Yeah, because they are running out of missiles in which to launch mass strikes with. They've wasted most of their best weapons trying to attack civilian targets instead of things that might be militarily important. My God, these people are so stupid. Watching Russia trying to conduct a war is like watching a monkey try to fuck a football.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:41:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:41:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By NEXT23:

hesperus

What does that mean?
View Quote

Probably just means that they wanted the flag folded up nice and tight and not flopping around inside the cockpit. I'm probably just reading a bit too much into the image.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:43:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:44:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Et2ss:

Can anyone superimpose that defensive trench with the dragon's teeth over this map?  I thought they said it was midway between Svatove and Kreminna  but does it run E-W or N-S ?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfB40btXEAYMFKA?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Can anyone superimpose that defensive trench with the dragon's teeth over this map?  I thought they said it was midway between Svatove and Kreminna  but does it run E-W or N-S ?

Location of the fortifications is here green marker:

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:44:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#16]
-500 personnel in one day. Oof.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:46:40 AM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

These people need to brush up on their Solzhenitsyn.

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:47:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

Done. I added a clarification message.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zam18th:

We need this edited to state that it's fake news so we don't get 5 pages of people responding.

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:49:11 AM EDT
[#19]

So you get your confirmation bias from a fake news source?
View Quote

Probably sometimes. But that ridiculous story about SF "arresting" some bureaucrat for delivering cash to Ukraine has nothing to do with my statement above.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:49:20 AM EDT
[#20]

View Quote
It needs its own BREAKING NEWS thread in GD just to watch the hilarity  
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:51:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:56:33 AM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:56:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Et2ss] [#23]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fe2s03vWQAAi2gh?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fe0_eSlaAAAvK8p?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

Thanks, but I can't make out where that is in relation to Svatove

Nevermind. It's way south of severdonetske
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:57:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By CharlieR:

In the Big Army up to about 2005, it was informally considered one of those ways you could tell a good unit from the bad. Im talking out in the field, training.  Good units roadmarched everywhere, got in little triangle shaped perimeters about 1800, dug little hasty prone positions about 18 inches down, and did stand to, where 1/2 hour before sunrise you are at 100% security, ruck packed, pulling security.

Bad units rode in trucks, slept in, and their patrol bases looked like gypsy camps, hootched up 24/7.  Bad units were about twice as good as the Russians.  You can tell some of these Ukrainians have excellent field discipline. Hunter or hunted types of indicators.  The Brits, when I worked with them, had outstanding field discipline.  The USMC did as well.

These were all the sorts of little useless things that we all incorporated as to "field discipline."  There was a period of time when young guys had no combat experience and old guys were Vietnam vets, and to be honest there was a strong crossover between Ranger school, things guys did in Vietnam, and the sorts of things a CSM might be looking for when he eyeballs your perimeter.

A lot of leaders were light on garrison discipline, like spitshining boots and barracks inspection, but a good trooper dug in and pulled security, and was up at stand to.  A good LT took his turn on radio watch and trooped the lines between 0100 and 0400.  Everyone dug their own holes.  

I would hope it makes a comeback, along with the other sorts of things.  In my experience noone really likes discipline, but troopers took pride and would show ownership of field discipline if there was a point to it.  Sometimes one unit would ruck by another and there would be eyeballing and sizing each other up.  Noone really cared about drill, spit and polish.
View Quote

Stuff like that soldiers complain about that non-sexy Army stuff, but it pays off in the end.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:57:38 AM EDT
[#25]
We're watching a nation destroy itself in real time.

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:05:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Good background briefing thread here:
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:06:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By kncook:

The account tweeting it is a joke/satire account that says it’s “made up news” if you just click the profile.

C’mon people….
View Quote

In our current atmosphere people really shouldn't make up such things. I'm sure that is being circulated now as absolute gospel and proof.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:07:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Some tweets about Starlink. $20m/month is rough.

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:08:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:

Stuff like that soldiers complain about that non-sexy Army stuff, but it pays off in the end.
View All Quotes

In the Big Army up to about 2005, it was informally considered one of those ways you could tell a good unit from the bad. Im talking out in the field, training.  Good units roadmarched everywhere, got in little triangle shaped perimeters about 1800, dug little hasty prone positions about 18 inches down, and did stand to, where 1/2 hour before sunrise you are at 100% security, ruck packed, pulling security.

Bad units rode in trucks, slept in, and their patrol bases looked like gypsy camps, hootched up 24/7.  Bad units were about twice as good as the Russians.  You can tell some of these Ukrainians have excellent field discipline. Hunter or hunted types of indicators.  The Brits, when I worked with them, had outstanding field discipline.  The USMC did as well.

These were all the sorts of little useless things that we all incorporated as to "field discipline."  There was a period of time when young guys had no combat experience and old guys were Vietnam vets, and to be honest there was a strong crossover between Ranger school, things guys did in Vietnam, and the sorts of things a CSM might be looking for when he eyeballs your perimeter.

A lot of leaders were light on garrison discipline, like spitshining boots and barracks inspection, but a good trooper dug in and pulled security, and was up at stand to.  A good LT took his turn on radio watch and trooped the lines between 0100 and 0400.  Everyone dug their own holes.  

I would hope it makes a comeback, along with the other sorts of things.  In my experience noone really likes discipline, but troopers took pride and would show ownership of field discipline if there was a point to it.  Sometimes one unit would ruck by another and there would be eyeballing and sizing each other up.  Noone really cared about drill, spit and polish.

There was probably an environmental issue involved, I remember late in my military career, if you wanted to build fighting positions or entrench you had to plan it way in advance and get the base environmental people involved at most bases.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:09:36 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

I've got some bad news for old Vlad ----- he won't be able to protect it even with mobilization. Numbers mean diddly if they are poorly equipped, poorly trained (if they are trained at all) and have no motivation for being there. They will only serve to double the strain on logistics and send Russia's KIA numbers through the ceiling. The smarter ones among them will surrender immediately. So, where does Putin's regime benefit here? These mobilized troops will be about as effective as Saddam Hussein's non-Republican Guard units were in 1991. They will break upon first contact.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:10:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Hesperus:

Probably just means that they wanted the flag folded up nice and tight and not flopping around inside the cockpit. I'm probably just reading a bit too much into the image.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hesperus:
Originally Posted By NEXT23:

hesperus

What does that mean?

From what I could see from the photo, it was a flag in the windshield of a Polish F16. I think the red and white showing is the Polish flag, not a US flag folded to show the stripes instead of the stars.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:11:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Animated map from ISW

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:12:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:14:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

I would also add that it's not just the internal damage they're responsible for.

They're largely responsible for the anti-West Islamist movement we've been dealing with for 40+ years and spent the last 20 conducting warfare directly against.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DoVTbup548
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:
Originally Posted By fervid_dryfire:
Originally Posted By Capta:
Originally Posted By fervid_dryfire:
Originally Posted By ludder093:
Originally Posted By NY12ga:

I don't like agreeing with Liberals any more than most of you but I'm smart enough to know when they're right. It's embarrassing how Conservatives have fallen for Russian propaganda or just automatically go against whatever liberals are for.

Yes, but remember- Stephen King wants MAGA Republicans, gun owners, and southern border "complainers" to leave the US as well.  

His message is vectored toward Russia only for now.

OK, when the time comes, that conversation might need to be had.  This is not the time, and *on the subject of Ukraine* there is no daylight between me and an American on the left who believes the same.
That said, Russian influence ops have been behind a huge amount of the divisiveness in the US in the last 100 years.  Dealing with that problem permanently is one of the great unspoken benefits of the Russian-Ukraine war.

In a way I agree and in another way, I don't.  

I am with you 100% on the 100 years of Russian influence ops doing us harm, though.

I would also add that it's not just the internal damage they're responsible for.

They're largely responsible for the anti-West Islamist movement we've been dealing with for 40+ years and spent the last 20 conducting warfare directly against.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DoVTbup548

I didn't know about this...this specifically, I mean.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:14:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#35]

I’m sure some more have been ordered…
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:14:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#36]
The ISW says the Iranians that were supposedly brought to Ukraine are "Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC)-affiliated personnel" – elite paramilitary units. Iranianian personnel in theater.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:17:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Side show Luka.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:17:29 AM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

I just don't get the soviet/russian culture. If I came to the understanding that they were going to send my young adult son into this meat grinder just to die I would be angry.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:18:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Dominion21:

Time has come.  Once Kherson is liberated, the water to Crimea gets turned off, and time once again is on the UA side.
View Quote
The canal to Crimea branches off in Nova Kakhovka. I've seen in stated incorrectly on here many times.

Nova Kakhovka is going to be much easier to liberate than Kherson, comparatively.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:18:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Side show Luka.
View Quote

Never say never but I’m incredulous Belarus has that many. I would have said half that at best. But maybe I’m wrong, we’ll see I guess.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:19:42 AM EDT
[#41]

So he wants to hold the grain exports up is what I’m getting from this.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:20:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BerettaGuy] [#42]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:
Some tweets about Starlink. $20m/month is rough.

View Quote

As critical as I am about Musk (including his closeness with Russia in the past) and being 100% on Ukraine's side, I agree that he should be paid for his Starlink service.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:22:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:

I've got some bad news for old Vlad ----- he won't be able to protect it even with mobilization. Numbers mean diddly if they are poorly equipped, poorly trained (if they are trained at all) and have no motivation for being there. They will only serve to double the strain on logistics and send Russia's KIA numbers through the ceiling. The smarter ones among them will surrender immediately. So, where does Putin's regime benefit here? These mobilized troops will be about as effective as Saddam Hussein's non-Republican Guard units were in 1991. They will break upon first contact.
View Quote

Putin is dreaming of Russian human wave victories - those went out the window many decades ago. He is buying time until his Mussolini moment.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:22:21 AM EDT
[#44]

True. Fair point. I'm suspicious of the timing.
View Quote

Why? He posted a tweet of his opinion. Hardly anyone agrees with it. Big deal.

He literally has put HIS money on the Ukrainians.

His political leanings, at best, are Libertarian.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:22:26 AM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

Full mobilization?
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:22:47 AM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fe2s03vWQAAi2gh?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fe0_eSlaAAAvK8p?format=jpg&name=large

It isn't close. It's South of Kreminna.

https://www.openstreetmap.org/search?query=hirske#map=10/48.7512/38.4947&layers=C

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:24:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ubaddog] [#47]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:
The ISW says the Iranians that were supposedly brought to Ukraine are "Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC)-affiliated personnel" – elite paramilitary units. Iranianian personnel in theater.
View Quote

I really like the sound of the phrase " Ukrainians killing Iranians. " rolls off the tongue like a chorus in a hit pop song.

War war war
Ukrainians killing Iranians
Yeah ya ya
We need more, more,more of.
Ukrainians killing Iranians.

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:28:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Ubaddog:

I really like the sound of the phrase " Ukrainians killing Iranians. " rolls off the tongue like a chorus in a hit pop song.

War war war
Yeah ya ya
We need more.
Ukrainians killing Iranians.

View Quote

I figured it was inevitable as payback for Syria but in a way I’m still surprised. That being said sounds good to me
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:28:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By R0N:

There was probably an environmental issue involved, I remember late in my military career, if you wanted to build fighting positions or entrench you had to plan it way in advance and get the base environmental people involved at most bases.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By R0N:

You're right about that. It would probably be easier to get a hasty SDZ approved to fire into an occupied training area than to get approval to dig fighting positions in a fucking field.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:28:52 AM EDT
[#50]

Never say never but I’m incredulous Belarus has that many. I would have said half that at best. But maybe I’m wrong, we’ll see I guess.
View All Quotes
Side show Luka.

https://www.kyivpost.com/russias-war/lukashenko-conducts-covert-mobilization-in-belarus.html
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2817 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top