Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2828 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:36:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Third_Rail:

Man! They could at least attempt to be believable.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Third_Rail:
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
Vatnik copium reporting.

Man! They could at least attempt to be believable.

Man, reading some of those threads and those accounts makes me laugh and just shake my head. It’s just too much sometimes.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:37:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

What ever happened the Chucks "Bridge hole" that came from a missile launched at the bottom of the bridge...

The explosion thing goes up like the shoulder thing?
View All Quotes

What ever happened the Chucks "Bridge hole" that came from a missile launched at the bottom of the bridge...

lol, I felt he was way off on the ballistic missile theory, but I like how he combines sources for some of the info graphics.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:40:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Dagger41:

On the radio. Yes I like to listen to conservative talk radio.
It's not my opinion, it is what I heard.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By absael:
Where do you find this stuff?  This is your second post today of comically bad information.

I'm kind of hoping that no one posts it; at least not in this thread... IMO we don't need to dilute news and worthwhile thoughts on the war with this kind of crap.  Witless opinions like his are a dime a dozen.

I realize that it's not your opinion; my apologies if it sounded that way.  It's just that there are an endless number of idiots like the one you paraphrased, and I would prefer to keep the signal-to-noise ratio in this thread as high as we can.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:40:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ike838] [#4]

Want a Ferret for running around town.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:40:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:41:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Just now.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfHTekTXkAcEZga?format=jpg&name=360x360
View Quote
Man, they really need to get that UA smoking under control. Remember kiddies, smoking is bad for Russian health.

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:41:58 PM EDT
[#7]

lol, I felt he was way off on the ballistic missile theory, but I like how he combines sources for some of the info graphics.
View All Quotes

He covered the waterfront on that one - staring with a naval sof strike theory.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:42:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:44:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:54:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#10]
Good news from the Crimean bridge. Just a week after the emergency, work was completed on the left side of the bridge. The builders performed work to strengthen the span structures of this runway, after which they carried out tests and received an examination report!
https://t.me/mkhusnullin/607

I know we already know this.
Might be worth another look though

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 1:11:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Prime:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfHlS7rXgAATpE_?format=jpg&name=small
Russian and pro-Russian social is crowing about the alleged killing of the CO of The Belarusian "Volad" Battalion.
Also alleged post-mortem photo shows an obvious tib/fib fracture/incomplete amputation.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Looked like he was hauling some sort of an AT system when he went down?
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 1:17:20 PM EDT
[#12]
They should also get a say where service is provided then, like Crimea.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 1:18:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Firefly1032:

Looked like he was hauling some sort of an AT system when he went down?
View Quote

Good eye.  Stugna maybe.

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 1:22:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Ukrainian TG starting to refer to cope cages as "barbecue grills".

Damn that's cold.

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 1:23:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By TheLurker:

Russian media .... wtf.
View Quote

WTF? Russian media is glorifying their missile-bombing of playgrounds, footbridges, and the mass execution of civilians?
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 1:23:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:
Originally Posted By sq40:
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:

They have been struggling against an evil russian government that has its tentacles deeply embedded in every branch of their government, including its military, and that refuses to let Ukraine be free.

The democrats leader of our country, Clinton, Obama and Biden specifically, have spent the last thirty years helping russia keep Ukraine vulnerable and weak so it would stay in russias sphere of influence.

Despite all that power and corruption leveraged against them, the vast majority of the people still yearned to be free and western.

They tried the way of the peacemaker, the way of the compromise, but were lied to and betrayed at every turn. Yet still, they tried to do this peacefully.

February was the way of the pen failing completely. Now has come the way of the cossack, and the way of the sword.

Russia will lose, there is still some light left in western societies, and the hearts of Ukraine's battered, tired and outnumbered warriors still beat fiercely.

The Ukrainians, and other like minded souls in the west, have offered in sacrifice to the tree of liberty their honor, their blood, even their lives, not by the dozens, not by the hundreds or even the thousands, but by the hundreds of thousands.

The least we can fucking do is give them a hot meal, a fresh horse, and a sharp blade to feed the tree of liberty the blood of its enemies.

Sorry if I rambled, I'm heavily medicated again tonight, but does that answer your question?

Edited for spelling.

That is a spectacular post.

When I got to the part that begins with "February was the way..." someone opened a window in my office and the amount of dust in here almost overwhelmed me. Not kidding at all.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 1:23:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:

My thinking as well.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 1:29:38 PM EDT
[#18]

it looks like a moonscape. Not somewhere I'd want to be in a trench!
View Quote

Damn. Thats some WW1 level shit there. That land is fucked. Not even the insects could catch a break.

Which makes me wonder, how much uxo remains after something like that? Years to clear it, if ever?
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 1:34:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Ukrainian TG starting to refer to cope cages as "barbecue grills".

Damn that's cold.

View Quote

They're channeling spook. "bbq boys"
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 1:35:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By toaster:

Damn. Thats some WW1 level shit there. That land is fucked. Not even the insects could catch a break.

Which makes me wonder, how much uxo remains after something like that? Years to clear it, if ever?
View All Quotes

it looks like a moonscape. Not somewhere I'd want to be in a trench!

Not in one hundred years.

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 1:37:01 PM EDT
[#21]
lol.  Dimitry said yesterday he heard rumors of this, so I didn't post because they were rumors, turns out he had a good source apparently.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfGIPo7XoAAUdVn?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote
Who is he?
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 1:38:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:
On the topic of Russian propaganda and their infiltration into western institutions, this report is long but worth a read. You will note some tactics that we have seen in GD, and those on Twitter will absolutely recognize them.

https://www.underminers.info/s/Smagliy_Hybrid-Analytica_10-2018_upd.pdf

TL:DR
This report concludes that the Russian government pursues a coherent and well-coordinated "knowledge weaponization" strategy that has five inter-related components:1) engagement of Kremlin-linked Russian think tanks in the design of domestic and international communication strategies for the Putin regime;
2) establishment of influence centers abroad, which operate as think tanks, academic Russian study centers, cultural centers, various associations of Russian-speaking immigrants, etc.;
3) use of private, typically oligarch-sponsored, actors to promote the Kremlin's interests in the West;
4) reliance on Russian intelligence in the Kremlin's information warfare and infiltration of other countries through the network of agents of influence;
5) pursuit of a deliberate policy of employing Russian state or oligarch-controlled media as mul- tipliers, promoters and/or validators of pro-Kremlin narratives and messaging.

2.2. The Kremlin's Neo-Conservative Doctrine
The Kremlin's answer to this riddle took the form of the new ideological doctrine of "sovereign de- mocracy" (democracy without the rule of law, democratic values or the separation of power), which then evolved into the Russian "neo-conservatism doctrine," featuring the following elements:30
1) promotion of the concept of the superiority of Russians and the Russian state compared to other nations, and the glorification of Russia as the world's leading defender of "true" Christianity, morality, family and other conservative values;
2)revisionism of Russian/Soviet history and whitewashing of Soviet leaders, including Jo- seph Stalin; denial of Moscow's responsibility for mass crimes committed against the Rus- sian people as well as other nations of the USSR and abroad, particularly the 1932-33 genocide against Ukrainians; glorification of Russia's role in the World War Second victory over Nazi Germany and silencing the role of other nations in this success;
3)denial of Russia's responsibility for international aggression, including the war in Georgia in 2008 and the subsequent occupation of parts of its territory, de-facto occupation of parts of Moldova, and the ongoing undeclared war against Ukraine which has so far re- sulted in the illegal annexation of Crimea and the military occupation of Ukraine's eastern territories;4) 5) 6) 7)

4)dehumanizing Ukrainians; bashing Ukraine's culture and language; promoting narratives of fascist revival and anti-Semitism in Ukraine; misrepresenting Ukraine's current govern- ment as a Western puppet committed to neo-Nazi ideologies; discrediting Ukraine's post- Euromaidan reforms as incompetent; portraying Ukraine as a "failed" and "corrupt" state that is not worthy of Western support;

5)blaming the West for the Cold War and portraying Western sanctions against Russia as a return to a "morally bankrupt" and "unjust" "Cold War mentality";
criticism of the West for the "loss of its moral compass" and "degeneracy"; mocking Western concepts of human rights and democracy; accusing the West of double stand- ards;
6)hyperbolic focus on the West's economic and political troubles, which are misrepre- sented as inherent societal failures; support for anti-establishment groups and radical rightist and leftist ideologies in Europe and North America which are often misrepre- sented as legitimate voices speaking on behalf of whole societies;

View Quote
I was just reading an article from a while ago about "Sputnik Radio" in  Hannibal Mo.  part of the System owned by  Rossiya Segodnya. It is brokered radio as Radio in the US has to be US owned. That gay lawyer someone posted about, Alexander Mercouris or something like that is also part of this system.His company is The Duran as Sputnik was banned in England.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 1:40:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Thing is, the conservative movement did forget the threat of the Russian Empire.  Or worse, they were co-opted by Russian influence operations to some degree or another due to domestic political hatreds.  I was one of those conservatives.  So were several other people here.
We got better.
The only political operatives here are low-post-count trolls who come in to try to slide the discussion in Russia’s direction.  We deal with them rather harshly.
View Quote

Certainly true. Many people forgot about what Russia is all about or maybe more likely many of us (including me) hoped they had moved beyond their Soviet mentality. Very naive I admit.

Also, keep in mind that the democrats totally flipped on Russia "unexpectedly" around the year 2000. Prior to that, especially during the Soviet days, our democrat friends' were all up the Russian's asses with friendly glasnost and Gorbasims, even actively working with the Soviets/KGB to undermine Reagan. Then after the '91 collapse and no more commie-ing by the Russians, the demo-commies really turned their backs on Russia like a jilted lover.

The simpleminded Republicans didnt seem to notice this sudden change in the democommie-Russian relationship and many stupids on the right began to like/respect Putin's Russia. Probably equal parts due to Putin's fake propaganda about a "Christian country fighting the globohome"...and the other part liking what the democommies hated. Its all very stupid.

If the Russians were still the Soviets and pretending to be fighting for World Communism (like China) they would be zero help coming from them for Ukraine.

I just wish that Republicans would re-evaluate their feelings about Russia, albeit 20 years behind the democrats. The democrats didnt start hating Russia because Russia "became" a totalitarian regime hell-bent on world domination but rather because Russia became NATIONALISTIC about it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 1:40:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By JaredC1:
Can someone catch me up on the last 2800 something pages?

I'm not reading all of that.

View Quote
It was revealed that Putin loves it in his ass and that is why he invaded the more competent Ukraine.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 1:43:09 PM EDT
[#25]
On the topic of Russian propaganda and their infiltration into western institutions, this report is long but worth a read. You will note some tactics that we have seen in GD, and those on Twitter will absolutely recognize them.

This report concludes that the Russian government pursues a coherent and well-coordinated "knowledge weaponization" strategy that has five inter-related components:1) engagement of Kremlin-linked Russian think tanks in the design of domestic and international communication strategies for the Putin regime;
2) establishment of influence centers abroad, which operate as think tanks, academic Russian study centers, cultural centers, various associations of Russian-speaking immigrants, etc.;
3) use of private, typically oligarch-sponsored, actors to promote the Kremlin's interests in the West;
4) reliance on Russian intelligence in the Kremlin's information warfare and infiltration of other countries through the network of agents of influence;
5) pursuit of a deliberate policy of employing Russian state or oligarch-controlled media as mul- tipliers, promoters and/or validators of pro-Kremlin narratives and messaging.

The Kremlin's answer to this riddle took the form of the new ideological doctrine of "sovereign de- mocracy" (democracy without the rule of law, democratic values or the separation of power), which then evolved into the Russian "neo-conservatism doctrine," featuring the following elements:30
1) promotion of the concept of the superiority of Russians and the Russian state compared to other nations, and the glorification of Russia as the world's leading defender of "true" Christianity, morality, family and other conservative values;
2)revisionism of Russian/Soviet history and whitewashing of Soviet leaders, including Jo- seph Stalin; denial of Moscow's responsibility for mass crimes committed against the Rus- sian people as well as other nations of the USSR and abroad, particularly the 1932-33 genocide against Ukrainians; glorification of Russia's role in the World War Second victory over Nazi Germany and silencing the role of other nations in this success;
3)denial of Russia's responsibility for international aggression, including the war in Georgia in 2008 and the subsequent occupation of parts of its territory, de-facto occupation of parts of Moldova, and the ongoing undeclared war against Ukraine which has so far re- sulted in the illegal annexation of Crimea and the military occupation of Ukraine's eastern territories;4) 5) 6) 7)

4)dehumanizing Ukrainians; bashing Ukraine's culture and language; promoting narratives of fascist revival and anti-Semitism in Ukraine; misrepresenting Ukraine's current govern- ment as a Western puppet committed to neo-Nazi ideologies; discrediting Ukraine's post- Euromaidan reforms as incompetent; portraying Ukraine as a "failed" and "corrupt" state that is not worthy of Western support;

5)blaming the West for the Cold War and portraying Western sanctions against Russia as a return to a "morally bankrupt" and "unjust" "Cold War mentality";
criticism of the West for the "loss of its moral compass" and "degeneracy"; mocking Western concepts of human rights and democracy; accusing the West of double stand- ards;
6)hyperbolic focus on the West's economic and political troubles, which are misrepre- sented as inherent societal failures; support for anti-establishment groups and radical rightist and leftist ideologies in Europe and North America which are often misrepre- sented as legitimate voices speaking on behalf of whole societies;

View Quote

Saved for later reading!
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 1:43:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By weptek911:

It’s a parody account and pro Ukrainian. The real Igor Girkin doesn’t post on twitter. It confused me at first too.

@AROKIE
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By weptek911:
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

Thought that dude got rounded up by the FSB, oh well he is still posting

It’s a parody account and pro Ukrainian. The real Igor Girkin doesn’t post on twitter. It confused me at first too.

@AROKIE

Oh ok.. thanks!
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 1:43:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

Not in one hundred years.

View Quote

It's amazing (and frightening) the amount of unexploded shells or missiles they still run into in London when they are digging a water line or excavating. Their are going to be stories of farmers running plows into shells far after my unborn grandchildren have left this earth
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 1:44:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Ukrainian Gepard SPAAG in offensive markings.

Someday I hope to see footage of engagements of Russian air units with these, including footage from inside.

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 1:45:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Evil_Chaos:
I was just reading an article from a while ago about "Sputnik Radio" in  Hannibal Mo.  part of the System owned by  Rossiya Segodnya. It is brokered radio as Radio in the US has to be US owned. That gay lawyer someone posted about, Alexander Mercouris or something like that is also part of this system.His company is The Duran as Sputnik was banned in England.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Evil_Chaos:

The tendrils run deeper than I even realized.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 1:46:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By 74HC:
Who is he?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 74HC:
lol.  Dimitry said yesterday he heard rumors of this, so I didn't post because they were rumors, turns out he had a good source apparently.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfGIPo7XoAAUdVn?format=jpg&name=small
Who is he?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igor_Girkin
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 1:50:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By JaredC1:
Can someone catch me up on the last 2800 something pages?

I'm not reading all of that.

View Quote
Orcs invaded Ukraine
Orcs got but kicked
Orcs have been retreating
ARFCOM liberals and demorats are but hurt.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 1:51:22 PM EDT
[#32]
It looks like someone turned the lights off in Leningrad

(English captions available on video)

?????????? ?? ?????????? ??? ?? IT-????? ???????

"Why was the leningrad region left without electricity? — Because the IT Army of Ukraine gave a cyber response to the terrorist attacks on October 10.

In this video, see how Ukrainian hackers attacked the St. Petersburg electric grid company, hacked access to management and played with switches. As a bonus, they got a bunch of personal documents, passports and orders, which have already been uploaded to the Internet."

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 1:53:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

I find it intensly interesting the way a Russia state talking point makes it's way in to US/West right leaning groups.

Before this war I would not have thought it would be possible for so many to be conned by (provable) Russia lies and insanity level bullshit.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

Keeping tabs on what conservatives are hearing from pro-Russian sources has its value.

I find it intensly interesting the way a Russia state talking point makes it's way in to US/West right leaning groups.

Before this war I would not have thought it would be possible for so many to be conned by (provable) Russia lies and insanity level bullshit.

Part of the problem is that, before the invasion, the Russian government did it's level best to come across as reasonable and rational to the right.  Great Information Warfare effort on the part of the Orcs: just as a lot of leftists and industrialists who damn well should have known better fell for Lenin and Stalin's schtick, a lot of conservatives in the modern era fell for the same sort of FSB-driven Disinformation campaign, and for many of the same reasons:  They were marginalized by the so-called western "Intellectual Elites" and "Thought Leaders" of the West, were being persecuted to some extent by their own governments, and were being accused of being Russian tools by the intellectuals, media, corporate types, and those in power anytime they pointed out the obvious current and future failures inherent in most Western European, North American, and Australian policies across the board.  Besides, anytime someone to the right of Pol Pot questioned the wisdom of, or in anyway dissented from, any Progressive diplomatic, social or political goals, they were immediately accused of being a Russian agent.  In short, the Russians propaganda campaign managed to make Putin's policies look reasonable, and our own "Elites" managed to make a corrupt Russian kleptocracy look patriotic and competent in comparison to themselves.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 1:54:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Himars4days:

i'll get better
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ludder093:
Ya, It's hard to figure out how to hit the "quote" button

i'll get better

No worries. Low post count users tend to get a proctology exam and draw lots of attention. Sometimes we have friendly fire accidents...
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 1:59:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Capta:
Long video of Russian attack on Ukrainian positions notable for capturing the execution of a wounded Ukrainian solider @12:22.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/y403n2/long_video_of_an_attack_on_ukrainian/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
View Quote

Another hard video to watch. Looked to be a very exposed UA position. No armor and no anti-armor, getting rolled. The RU was basically a platoon, 1 tank and 2 BMP with maybe a dozen dismounts.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 2:02:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By jus_in_bello:

I refuse to believe it is that simple. For one, you characterize an entire movement and then explain your experience as if it’s universal. I think in your case your personal experience might color your interpretation because you feel strongly about that.
Secondly, we all know the extent our own political adversaries will go to to steer a narrative and use any topic necessary to do so.
We all know the democrats would really not rather be supporting Ukrainian efforts ( thank goodness they have to due to public support) and have values more in line with the soviets, yet for some reason some here will go to great lengths to try and tie these very duplicitous takes to conservatives as a whole…. It smells.

It’s the same tactics they every time, create a straw man to attach to an opponent and light it on fire and point then screech loudly.
View Quote

I agree 100%. Ideologically speaking, our political sides should flip 180 in regards to supporting Ukraine.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 2:02:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By grambosc:
It looks like someone turned the lights off in Leningrad

(English captions available on video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hllRQF3brs

"Why was the leningrad region left without electricity? — Because the IT Army of Ukraine gave a cyber response to the terrorist attacks on October 10.

In this video, see how Ukrainian hackers attacked the St. Petersburg electric grid company, hacked access to management and played with switches. As a bonus, they got a bunch of personal documents, passports and orders, which have already been uploaded to the Internet."

View Quote

Lol. Good for them. They need to step it up. Hit moscow
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 2:04:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

I agree 100%. Ideologically speaking, our political sides should flip 180 in regards to supporting Ukraine.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:
Originally Posted By jus_in_bello:

I refuse to believe it is that simple. For one, you characterize an entire movement and then explain your experience as if it’s universal. I think in your case your personal experience might color your interpretation because you feel strongly about that.
Secondly, we all know the extent our own political adversaries will go to to steer a narrative and use any topic necessary to do so.
We all know the democrats would really not rather be supporting Ukrainian efforts ( thank goodness they have to due to public support) and have values more in line with the soviets, yet for some reason some here will go to great lengths to try and tie these very duplicitous takes to conservatives as a whole…. It smells.

It’s the same tactics they every time, create a straw man to attach to an opponent and light it on fire and point then screech loudly.

Exactly my thoughts. Alot on our side fell for conspiracy and BS pushed by Tucker, Alex Jones and more.. I blame them for dividing and hurting conservatives
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 2:05:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Birddog15:
I've gone on and on in past rants about how Russia has been a cancer on the planet for a hundred years, so I won't bore you with those details again.

The reason conservatives should support Ukraine is simple.

At this point in history, Ukrainians are acting more like Americans than actual Americans.  Ukrainians are fighting for those western ideals that once made America the shining city on a hill.

View Quote

True. It makes the support from the left and the reluctant support from the right all the more perplexing.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 2:05:44 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote
There is a large part of northern France that is still a no-go zone from WW1.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 2:19:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#41]
FIRMS 25min ago.

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 2:20:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Freiheit8472] [#42]
Thought some of you might find this interesting, how we sort out tons of info to make decisions.

https://www.defenseone.com/technology/2022/10/ukraine-war-teaching-us-how-move-intelligence-faster/378361/

View All Quotes
Thought some of you might find this interesting, how we sort out tons of info to make decisions.

The Ukraine War Is Teaching the US How to Move Intelligence Faster
Part of it is better planning, part is new AI-assisted tools.

Part of the answer is new software tools. For example, U.S. defense contractor Palantir has developed MetaConstellation, which allows a user to specify a time and ground location—say, where you recently launched a HIMARS strike against a Russian tank company—and get an AI-assisted search of all the relevant data gathered by passing satellites, whether radio signals, thermal imagery, or aerial photos. This allows a ground commander to do the kind of search that used to be possible only at higher headquarters, and the results appear far faster than the days it might otherwise, Palantir officials said.

That’s further enabling the sort of highly mobile, highly maneuvering combat that Ukraine is using to push back Russian forces.

“We're working now on this thing called Skykit, which is, like, basically this software in a Pelican case with a Starlink [satellite internet connection] attached to it. And it's like, how do you give them a laptop, a Starlink and a ruggedized case so that any unit in their truck can go back and do all this work in a fully offline disconnected fashion? These little autonomous units, how do we empower them?”

In April, the U.S. Army launched a program to help Ukrainians much more quickly spot and respond to Russian drones. Lt. Gen. Jonathan Braga, who leads Army Special Operations, told reporters that “anything that provides early warning on adversarial drone reconnaissance allows you to make sure you maintain survivability and move before you know you're being shot at.”

He said that the Army is “just trying to help the Ukrainians as they iterate through this in this moving battlefield right now.”

https://www.defenseone.com/technology/2022/10/ukraine-war-teaching-us-how-move-intelligence-faster/378361/

Still catching up…

Sorting through the mountains of intel and determine what to transmit, to whom, and how over limited bandwidth (and humans bandwidth) is a nut many are working to crack.

Think of the shear number of sensors on (and could be on) the battlefield and the eyeballs necessary to monitor and make value judgements… Ai is crucial.

There’s studies looking at literally how many icons and thingys on a screen a person can keep a handle on and how to make a low drag user interface for different roles.

The studies are fun, it’s like playing a video game :-)

This all underscores the cyber war and vulnerability to attack and plane old battery dead or can’t get a signal type issues.

I wouldn’t want to be taking fire trying to restart my modem so to speak as my best chance of survival.

It’s a balance a lot of our tax dollars are going to good use solving. Ukraine is again saving us untold billions if not trillions as the best “field testing” ever. Ever!
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 2:29:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 2:30:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Illegible_Signature:

No worries. Low post count users tend to get a proctology exam and draw lots of attention. Sometimes we have friendly fire accidents...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Illegible_Signature:
Originally Posted By ludder093:
Ya, It's hard to figure out how to hit the "quote" button

i'll get better

Also, there are some members who feel as though it is their duty to haze new members. Fuck 'em.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 2:32:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 2:38:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By gentlemanfarmer:

Great summary, we forced them to destroy large portions of their non-strategic reserves (fagots, iglas, rpgxx,) never mind non nuc missiles. We did it through blocking of trade and precondition to world bank loans!!!! Started under Clinton but a lot was Bush Jr. and Obama to ti be fair. Obama/Merkel blocked weapons sales and even donations from neighbors.
View Quote

Thank you. That was my 2am rant thanks to my 5yo waking me up...

Most of us probably dont know much of the details (least of all me) but I am sure that Ukraine has been working hard since 2014 and probably pulled off a few miracles. I'm sure they would have done a few things differently had they known that Feb 24 was THE DAY. Had the world done 10% of what they are doing now, maybe this war could have been prevented.

My personal war was for Kuwait in 90-'91, and I always felt they didnt do shit to defend themselves but I/we went enthusiastically anyway. Mainly for the fundamental principal that aggressive, brutal force CANNOT be allowed to benefit the evil and wicked. The world would be filled with it, including in our own lives and homes, if good men do nothing.

I personally feel great admiration for the Ukrainian people but that is not the only reason I want them to win. I believe in good .vs evil.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 2:39:53 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote
Haven't any of these idiots heard of Joint Rivet or ISR in general?  Those guys can't take a piss without the dick size (insufficient) and stream intensity (weak) being reported to the Ukrainian high command in real time.

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 2:42:39 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

Airburst above the targets. What was that?
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 2:43:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By _disconnector_:
Haven't any of these idiots heard of Joint Rivet or ISR in general?  Those guys can't take a piss without the dick size (insufficient) and stream intensity (weak) being reported to the Ukrainian high command in real time.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By _disconnector_:

They know.

Somebody back home said something like:
"The original plan was excellent Boris. If only we had tried these three things differently."

Invasion two. The big boogaloo.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 2:46:34 PM EDT
[#50]
An interesting channel that was suggested to me today. Turn on the CC and set it to English and enjoy if you want to learn a bit about Russian vehicles.

?-72?3 ????? ???????? ( more detailed )

Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2828 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top