Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2991 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 12:09:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

Tell me you are Russian without telling me you are Russian.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
Originally Posted By Zam18th:
Russian soldier: I need a disguise so no one knows I'm Russian...
*puts on tracksuit*

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhRyLi5WQAEqgEx?format=jpg&name=large

Tell me you are Russian without telling me you are Russian.  

Gopniks got to gopnick
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 12:09:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
lol

View Quote

Until UA takes Moscow....
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 12:11:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By CS223:

View Quote

It's actually kind of embarrassing to watch the kremlin continue to say land is theirs AS their forces are running away.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 12:12:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By theskuh:

Range doesn't matter with Himars. They can blast Kerson all to hell but it just shows how depraved they are. UA is going to hit all of those dug in positions with Himars all winter until there is nothing left. Then make a drive down from Dnipro and split what is left of the Russian positions.

View Quote

If Ukraine gets enough HIMARS, but right now they don't have enough HIMARS to target individual artillery positions.  Ukraine will go after Russian logistical hubs and known stockpiles. Right now HIMARS is very much a strategic weapon system not a tactical one.  

That's why Ukraine needs "more" and I mean "more" of everything basically.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 12:14:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:

If Ukraine gets enough HIMARS, but right now they don't have enough HIMARS to target individual artillery positions.  Ukraine will go after Russian logistical hubs and known stockpiles. Right now HIMARS is very much a strategic weapon system not a tactical one.  

View All Quotes

Range doesn't matter with Himars. They can blast Kerson all to hell but it just shows how depraved they are. UA is going to hit all of those dug in positions with Himars all winter until there is nothing left. Then make a drive down from Dnipro and split what is left of the Russian positions.

GMLRS was not meant to hit low value targets, they are the commander’s long range stick to hit targets that influenced tomorrow’s battlefield.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 12:17:01 PM EDT
[#6]

View All Quotes

I have seen videos of the Russians bringing in concrete pill boxes and reports for weeks now that they have been removing artillery pieces (burning munitions they leave behind, but taking the artillery pieces).  

My guess is that the destruction of the artillery shells that the Russians left behind have them low on artillery shells right now, but that they have the artillery pieces and once their logistics finally get new stockpiles of shells down South we'll see the Russian artillery come into play big time.

Ukraine has to push the Russians at least 30 MILES more east away from the Dnipro to be out of range of the Russian artillery.   Otherwise, it's a strategic risk to all forces and civilians in the area.  Ukraine can't just assume the Russians will not be able to use artillery from those vantage points.

Yep. Dug-in artillery is going to be counter-batteried out of existence with HIMARS and Excalibur.

Russia expended all that energy digging defensive lines to make the river bank hard to assault, hopefully they leave troops tied up in those defenses and the Ukrainians push from Zaporizhzhia down to Metipol and then west and crush them against the river
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 12:17:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ad_nauseam:
Solovev the Propagandist is getting increasingly angry, calling for an internal witch-hunt to "shoot"  those responsible for logistical failures.

View Quote

Yeah, it's not allowed at all to blame the guy at the top for his own mistakes, at all. So the plan instead is always to claim that people under him are responsible, but not him. Tell the people that the head guy is still awesome but he was betrayed by those under him. If putin gets drunk and sets the kremlin on fire they will execute the fire truck for treason and incompetence.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 12:18:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: theskuh] [#8]

View Quote

Its not going to be just Himars though I should have said PGM. It will be Excalibur/bonus rounds. It will be shoot and scoot artillery. It will be the reapers we are sending plus other drones.

Anything remotely fixed will be dead and we can hit farther and more accurately with less exposure. They are going to find those positions as untenable as the ones they just left.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 12:18:23 PM EDT
[#9]
The Russians are dug in like an Alabama tick along the eastern side of the Dnipro river.

Russian artillery that is now heavily fortified will be able to pound Kherson and the entire western bank of the Dnipro all winter long while Russia consolidates and reorganizes.

The Russians have been brining in concrete pill boxes and entrenching along the Eastern side of the Dnipro for weeks now and I imagine even they are counting on having to withstand HIMARS and Ukrainian artillery to some degree.  

In short, Kherson is going to be leveled like Mariupol was and be a wasteland this winter.  Poland and Germany are already preparing for the influx of civilian refugees from the lack of electricity and heat for this winter.  

It's going to be a race.  Who can get their shit together first?  If Ukraine can get their shit together and launch a winter offensive they could make some serious gains, BUT if they can't do that and give the Russians until Spring I think it's going to be exponentially harder to dislodge the Russians and Ukraine may have to endure a Russian Spring offensive in the North.  It sounds very much like the Russians are going to shift men and vehicles up to the North of Ukraine and just count on the south to hold in a defensive position.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 12:25:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By CS223:

View Quote

If there’s no regime change by the time UA reaches the Russian border that will certainly be the only thing that will keep peace in Ukraine
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 12:25:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Could be doing anything out there. Maybe she is a sniper with 87 kills but just got back from leave. Probably a nurse or something but at least she is there while I/we are home safe...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

shes been fighting since day one?  shes frontline? or rear guard doing paper work?

Could be doing anything out there. Maybe she is a sniper with 87 kills but just got back from leave. Probably a nurse or something but at least she is there while I/we are home safe...

Or that picture was taken when she first arrived...
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 12:34:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 12:36:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By R0N:

GMLRS was not meant to hit low value targets, they are the commander’s long range stick to hit targets that influenced tomorrow’s battlefield.
View Quote

I think with the advent of the M31 rounds they're going to keep hitting troop concentrations.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 12:37:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Ukrainian Gunners Say They Advance 5 Kilometers Every Week"
View Quote

Ukrainian Gunners Say They Advance 5 Kilometers Every Week
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 12:38:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
I think with the advent of the M31 rounds they're going to keep hitting troop concentrations.
View Quote

M30A1 alternative warhead is the one that shreds troop concentrations. M31A1 unitary just goes "boom".
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 12:44:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Erno86] [#16]
"Ukrainian troops make anti-aircraft machine gun to destroy drones in Mykolaiv"
View Quote

Ukrainian troops make anti-aircraft machine gun to destroy drones in Mykolaiv
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 12:44:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By doc540:
So much for betwetting over Ukraine getting deceived into a trap, eh?

By now they've earned strategy and tactics cred.
View Quote

The capture of Kherson is not over yet. We have no idea what booby traps have been placed there or if Russia will blow the damn, flooding the area.

Infiltrated Russians posing as civilians will still be able to cause havoc until they are eliminated.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 12:45:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Circuits:

M30A1 alternative warhead is the one that shreds troop concentrations. M31A1 unitary just goes "boom".
View All Quotes

The AW fills the area with BB sized spheres. But the standard warhead has a embossed pre-fragmented case that does a pretty good job on troops in the open.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 12:52:00 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

Ooops, yeah it's the m30 not the m31.

Close
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 12:52:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Alex9661:

I'd translate it as We Got Scammed.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Alex9661:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhSBmd-XwAEyh7n?format=jpg&name=small

I'd translate it as We Got Scammed.

lol, either way, it's a smart way to surrender.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 12:55:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Freiheit8472] [#21]

HIMARS is awesome. Ukraine is doing a great job with the few that they have. They need more of them to really turn the tide, which is why they're getting more of them.  

Ukraine might be able to get enough in country to launch a good winter offensive.  
View Quote

Has “need more to turn the tide” become “need more to really super duper turn the tide” as the updated Russian talking point now? Man they are deeeepressed.

The tide has looong changed my friend.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 12:57:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By KELBEAST:

Yep. Dug-in artillery is going to be counter-batteried out of existence with HIMARS and Excalibur.

Russia expended all that energy digging defensive lines to make the river bank hard to assault, hopefully they leave troops tied up in those defenses and the Ukrainians push from Zaporizhzhia down to Metipol and then west and crush them against the river
View Quote

Too bad we don't have air-based delivery systems for clearing mines like the armored vehicles do. This would work wonders on entrenched Orcs.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 1:00:08 PM EDT
[#23]
lol

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 1:03:26 PM EDT
[#24]

Russian artillery has certainly been diminished and its absolutely true that Ukraine's artillery capability has improved, but I would DEFINITELY not go so far as to say that the Russians don't still have an artillery advantage.  If that were the case Ukraine wouldn't rightfully be requesting more artillery pieces and shells from the west.

This conflict has a bit long to go folks. Everyone here is acting like it will end next week or something.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By frankiebagadonuts:
Russia doesn't have the artillery advantage that they had earlier in the war.  Ukraine is destroying them with counter artillery, what they have isn't accurate, and they can't keep them supplied with ammo.  This is why Russian advanced were stalled.  The Russians have always advanced behind heavy artillery bombardment.  They no longer have that capability.

Russian artillery has certainly been diminished and its absolutely true that Ukraine's artillery capability has improved, but I would DEFINITELY not go so far as to say that the Russians don't still have an artillery advantage.  If that were the case Ukraine wouldn't rightfully be requesting more artillery pieces and shells from the west.

This conflict has a bit long to go folks. Everyone here is acting like it will end next week or something.

Welcome to the thread.

Nobody here thinks it will be over next week.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 1:03:46 PM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 1:04:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 1:04:54 PM EDT
[#27]
This is how the Russians escape from Kherson on foot through the Antonov bridge

Ruslar Xersondan Antonov körpüsü il? piyada bel? qaçirlar- görüntül?r
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 1:05:27 PM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 1:07:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

It's actually kind of embarrassing to watch the kremlin continue to say land is theirs AS their forces are running away.
View Quote

Its like all the Russian denial jokes you've ever heard are suddenly ratified.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 1:08:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:

That's OK, Telegram has no such reservations.  

/cordwood
View Quote

Please share
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 1:11:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Very random (and probably idiotic) thought exercise.

Ukraine either controls or will control soon the dam at Nova Kakhovka.

Would this be a viable option?

Intentionally drop the water level in the reservoir. Wait for winter, and specifically when a hard cold snap is expected.

Shut water flow completely, dry up the river. Let the muddy river bottom freeze and launch a broad offensive with the former impassable obstacle now an open road.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 1:14:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Erno86] [#32]
Current Ukrainian Armed Forces War Map:

(For an English --- or other foreign languages besides Ukrainian --- Scroll to "CC" --- [CLOSED CAPTIONS] --- Then go to "Settings ICON --- and then go to "SUBTITLES CC then go to "AUTO TRANSLATE" --- then scroll to English)

????? ??????? ? ??????! ????? ??????? ???: 9-11 ?????????
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 1:14:42 PM EDT
[#33]

HIMARS is awesome. Ukraine is doing a great job with the few that they have. They need more of them to really turn the tide, which is why they're getting more of them.  

Ukraine might be able to get enough in country to launch a good winter offensive.  

Some 90 T72 tanks are coming from Poland soon, which will now make 200 tanks in total Poland has been able to send into Ukraine.  With the new Integrated Air Defense Systems being sent in they'll also have the air defense that in a recent interview a Ukrainian General in the Kherson region said they needed to be able to advance.  

Germany is sending a lot of cold weather clothing and gear as well as the UK.  

When the ground freezes Ukraine might just launch a serious winter offensive.
View Quote

Just a point here along the lines of "words mean things." An Integrated Air Defense System(IADS) isn't the missile or gun system itself, it's the combination of multiple systems all talking to each other. Technically a dude on a cell phone calling another dude with an AK 5KM away saying "You've got helicopters inbound get ready to shoot" is a rudimentary IADS. The integrated portion of it is the communications aspect between multiple independent sensors and multiple independent weapons systems. It has nothing to do with how advanced the individual systems are. The Ukrainians crowd sourcing their air defense via the ap that links directly to their air defense fire control centers was a stroke of genius and frankly concerning when looking about how to attack something like it.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 1:17:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

Welcome to the thread.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dracster:
Originally Posted By frankiebagadonuts:
Russia doesn't have the artillery advantage that they had earlier in the war.  Ukraine is destroying them with counter artillery, what they have isn't accurate, and they can't keep them supplied with ammo.  This is why Russian advanced were stalled.  The Russians have always advanced behind heavy artillery bombardment.  They no longer have that capability.

Welcome to the thread.

I swear the butthurt doesn't stop. I'll be waiting for the post linked saying it's about to be over.

RuSsIa StRoNk BrO. PlEaSe BeLiEvE mE!

Sorry Ukraine doesn't subscribe to the human wave method of warfare. They have been meticulously hitting high value targets for months while Russia sends their missiles into civilian targets.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 1:25:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By governmentman:
Very random (and probably idiotic) thought exercise.

Ukraine either controls or will control soon the dam at Nova Kakhovka.

Would this be a viable option?

Intentionally drop the water level in the reservoir. Wait for winter, and specifically when a hard cold snap is expected.

Shut water flow completely, dry up the river. Let the muddy river bottom freeze and launch a broad offensive with the former impassable obstacle now an open road.
View Quote

It would be easier to blow the fuck out of all the russians within 20km of the dam, and just make a bridgehead there and start from the dam. As you gain ground, make more crossings.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 1:30:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By JG_Wentworth:
what is Ukraines plan for crossing the river to continue its advance south? are they planning to build a permanent bridge crossing?
View Quote
Ukraine's strategy has been to rely on artillery to break orc logistics and starve out orc front line troops. They wait until orcs retreat and what remains is too weak before advancing.

I suspect they will keep doing the same. Pound the orcs on the left bank until a river crossing is basically uncontested.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 1:37:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 1:37:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:

The capture of Kherson is not over yet. We have no idea what booby traps have been placed there or if Russia will blow the damn, flooding the area.

Infiltrated Russians posing as civilians will still be able to cause havoc until they are eliminated.
View Quote

Ukraine needs to use loudspeakers, leaflets, posters, etc... to put out the word that any Russian soldiers in civilian clothing who do not immediately surrender are subject to summary execution in the field for spying.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 1:38:39 PM EDT
[#39]

If you're pregnant you should be in a spot where uniforms aren't necessary.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Erno86:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D0trUjhpsQ

If you're pregnant you should be in a spot where uniforms aren't necessary.

I agree with your implication that pregnant women should be better protected and separated from danger where possible.

I also think a service member should have a uniform on, even if it isn't in a place where it's necessary.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 1:43:14 PM EDT
[#40]

Close
View All Quotes

Close

M30, M31, whatever it takes.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 1:43:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 1:46:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 1:48:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 1:54:44 PM EDT
[#44]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG-9r9nmq_0
View All Quotes
"Ukrainian troops make anti-aircraft machine gun to destroy drones in Mykolaiv"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG-9r9nmq_0

So, what's old is new again. Reminds me of the Brits strapping 240s to rails on their ships in the Falklands.

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 1:54:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By gatetraveller:

Ukraine needs to use loudspeakers, leaflets, posters, etc... to put out the word that any Russian soldiers in civilian clothing who do not immediately surrender are subject to summary execution in the field for spying.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gatetraveller:
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:

great idea.  If I recal the Germans used this tactic in WWII.  Not sure how successful it was.  Unless you were on the ground, I'm not sure where you could find any evidence it worked then, or not.  I'm sure our military knows the answer to that question.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 2:05:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Et2ss:

Please share
View Quote

Here is one of many channels posting content.

Left cold (ha):
https://t.me/spook_boys
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 2:05:14 PM EDT
[#47]
This is truly fascinating and world changing.

If the US follows through and absolutely fixes our supply line and equipment lag time issues, China is truly fucked.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 2:05:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CharlieR] [#48]
Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:
I imagine that is classified, but have no doubt that the issue has been given a great deal of thought by capable and clever people.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:
Originally Posted By JG_Wentworth:
what is Ukraines plan for crossing the river to continue its advance south? are they planning to build a permanent bridge crossing?I
I imagine that is classified, but have no doubt that the issue has been given a great deal of thought by capable and clever people.

I'm sure they have and they are probably going to look for another way across.
Planning Questions:
How many boats do the Ukrainians have?  
What is their capacity for the first lift? How many can they move per boat?
How resilient are these boats against artillery? (doubtful)
How heavy are they? How do they get moved? What trucks move them? Are the trucks able to move across muddy terrain? How well can you hide the trucks?

Once the Ukrainians get infantry across the river, are there spare boats to move supplies in addition to troops?

How can the Ukrainians get tanks and iron across the river? Will the Russians blow the bridges? How much equipment do the Ukrainians have to repair bridges?

How vulnerable are the dams? Can the Russians wreck them?

Once the Ukrainian infantry get across the river, what do the Russian defenses look like? Are there tank capable ferries? How many?

How much experience do the Ukrainians have at this task?  How often do they practice it?

Can you parachute in?
Air Assault?

Conclusion:
Highly likely the Kherson Dneiper front becomes a quiet sector in a few weeks.  If they push across and the Russians fall back, IF that happens, then the end is near and collapse is imminent.  Pushing south is so complex across that blue line that  if it works, the Russians are collapsing. Ill be very surprised if the main effort doesn't shift east.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 2:06:28 PM EDT
[#49]
"Ukrainian forces shower missiles on Russian troops fleeing Kherson"
View Quote

Ukrainian forces shower missiles on Russian troops fleeing Kherson
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 2:06:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Zelensy sends a positive message and thanks to the US and US troops on Veterans Day.

Zelensky Sends Veterans Day Message: 'Your Example Inspires Ukrainians'

Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2991 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top