Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3300 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 1/11/2023 9:15:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
View Quote
No wonder they're (not them, Wagnerites and mobiks) willing to assault in human waves.  Cold bastards see those mines as the promised land if they manage to take them.  A heatable, HIMARS proof shelter.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 9:15:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

Minor point, the ammo bins are in the turret with the M242. I forget the exact capacities but the HE bin is 1/3 and the AP about 2/3 of the ready ammo. The ammo storage under the dismount "floor boards" is just packed in plastic "cans", with no connection to the turret, and has to be linked up IIRC.

You are right about those feed chutes though. Pain in the ass!
View Quote

That is my memory as well.  There are no ammo bins outside the turret.  That was extra ammo that had to be loaded.  One box holds 230 rds, the other 70 rds.  Standard loadout was 230 for HE and 70 for AP but you could load either in either.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 9:27:30 AM EDT
[#3]
For those of us who lived there during the time around Maidan -
yes - it was totally organic.

We were the ones pounding the streets, not some rent-a-prostitutka from
the flavor-of-the-day NGO as told by those from the foreign media
who never turned a shovel of dirt in our country.

There weren't any gunks running around the streets throwing dollar
bills at us & telling us to go protest. Sh*t didn't work that way over there
then for that.

Don't care what anyone else thinks about it. We were there, we lived it &
we breathed it. We know what we experienced.

Hy Bot - KaptiHa maclom
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 9:29:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By zx2man:

Gosh dam we need a "LIKE" button in this thread, carry on.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By _disconnector_:
I think a lot of us are missing the point.

I **WANT** America to initiate, fund, and even direct revolutions that lead to freedom. Not South American tin-pot dictators mind you - but revolutions that lead to democracies that are willing to fight for their existence and freedoms.  Revolutions like Maidan in Ukraine.  If we participated there I'd PROUDLY wave that flag.  I'd fucking run that on the front page of the Times in bold print with pride.

When did we get so amazingly pussified that we can't even admit that we help other people fight for freedom?  What has happened to Reagan's "shining city on a hill"?  Who are we if we aren't willing to fight to help others achieve the freedoms that we enjoy? When did conservatives become the party of "fuck everyone but ourselves"?  When did the world turn upside down and the goddamn commie LIBERALS become the party that is about exporting our greatest commodity?  That commodity, my friends, is FREEDOM.

Fuck Russia, fuck their entire kleptocratic, totalitarian, one-man-rule system.  People that mention Russian corruption and America in the same sentence have absolutely fallen for the propaganda that they have been pumping into our society since 1917.  America *at its worst* is still better than Putin's system on its best day.  We have assholes here - but at least we can (eventually) vote them out. It may take time and effort but our democracy still works. It's feeble but it's still better than anything that came out of the last 500 years in Russia.  They have caused more misery, pain, and heartache for the world than any other nation.  Period.  Anyone who wants to argue this should talk to a Pole or a Ukrainian.

I repeat - I want my tax dollars sent to kick out assholes like Viktor Yanukovych.  Because fuck that guy, the system that he represents, and his masters in the Kremlin.

Don't fall for the propaganda.  We have been and are still are part of a system that represents human freedom and dignity.  The Russian are not.

Just catching up this morning, great post +1
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 9:37:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By jebsofnga:

then for that.

Hy Bot - KaptiHa maclom
View Quote

нї вот - картина маслом

What does it mean? Here is an oil painting?

Link Posted: 1/11/2023 9:40:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

Spent all of middle school and highschool making my own fireworks.

It would be awesome

Already a prototyped a core for a DIY VOG 30 surrogate a few months ago, based on the Air Cannon darts we used to shoot. We'd stick .22 nailgun blanks in the tip and fire them at a wall in my backyard, pretty solid bang. Hand't thought about them for years and years until someone here mentioned Ukraine was running out of VOG's for their drones.

https://i.ibb.co/26jSWD6/Air-Cannon-Dart-copy.jpg

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jungatheart:
In a Ukraine Workshop, the Quest to Build the Perfect Grenade
A Ukrainian unit is tinkering with tape, a scale, a 3-D printer and other items to turn a fragmentation grenade into a tank-killer. It’s a steep and risky challenge.

https://archive.fo/vyLmM

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2023/01/06/multimedia/06ukraine-grenade-3-2347/06ukraine-grenade-3-2347-superJumbo.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp

I'd love to have that job.

Spent all of middle school and highschool making my own fireworks.

It would be awesome

Already a prototyped a core for a DIY VOG 30 surrogate a few months ago, based on the Air Cannon darts we used to shoot. We'd stick .22 nailgun blanks in the tip and fire them at a wall in my backyard, pretty solid bang. Hand't thought about them for years and years until someone here mentioned Ukraine was running out of VOG's for their drones.

https://i.ibb.co/26jSWD6/Air-Cannon-Dart-copy.jpg

I looked up the components of gunpowder in the
encyclopedia and experimented till it worked.  Also
made my own fireworks.  Not nearly as sophisticated
as yours though.  Pyromania is fun.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 9:44:33 AM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

Cpt Kirk killed the Gorn similarly !  field expedient explosives FTW.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 9:47:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

нї вот - картина маслом

What does it mean? Here is an oil painting?

View Quote

There is your picture on oil........ Or, There it is - a picture of reality, painted in oil, for longevity.
Cultural slang, but not prison slang. More like a colloquialism ?
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 9:51:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:

Loved that episode.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 9:56:05 AM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes

I **WANT** America to initiate, fund, and even direct revolutions that lead to freedom. Not South American tin-pot dictators mind you - but revolutions that lead to democracies that are willing to fight for their existence and freedoms.  Revolutions like Maidan in Ukraine.  If we participated there I'd PROUDLY wave that flag.  I'd fucking run that on the front page of the Times in bold print with pride.

When did we get so amazingly pussified that we can't even admit that we help other people fight for freedom?  What has happened to Reagan's "shining city on a hill"?  Who are we if we aren't willing to fight to help others achieve the freedoms that we enjoy? When did conservatives become the party of "fuck everyone but ourselves"?  When did the world turn upside down and the goddamn commie LIBERALS become the party that is about exporting our greatest commodity?  That commodity, my friends, is FREEDOM.

Fuck Russia, fuck their entire kleptocratic, totalitarian, one-man-rule system.  People that mention Russian corruption and America in the same sentence have absolutely fallen for the propaganda that they have been pumping into our society since 1917.  America *at its worst* is still better than Putin's system on its best day.  We have assholes here - but at least we can (eventually) vote them out. It may take time and effort but our democracy still works. It's feeble but it's still better than anything that came out of the last 500 years in Russia.  They have caused more misery, pain, and heartache for the world than any other nation.  Period.  Anyone who wants to argue this should talk to a Pole or a Ukrainian.

I repeat - I want my tax dollars sent to kick out assholes like Viktor Yanukovych.  Because fuck that guy, the system that he represents, and his masters in the Kremlin.

Don't fall for the propaganda.  We have been and are still are part of a system that represents human freedom and dignity.  The Russian are not.

I agree, great post, but I feel like I'm about to be marched towards almost certain death after reading a good moto speech. What have war movies done to me?
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 9:57:04 AM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Exactly!   Well said.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 10:06:16 AM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 1/11/2023 10:08:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 10:14:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Boom!

Link Posted: 1/11/2023 10:15:22 AM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 1/11/2023 10:16:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Another update 4 hrs ago.

Link Posted: 1/11/2023 10:17:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:

Funny after the 89 confirmed deaths. The Russians are trying to throw the whole incident down the memory hole.
View Quote

They also told the lie (largely debunked) that the Russians then killed 600 Ukrainian troops in Kramatorsk.  So if anything that’s a confirmation of Russian losses.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 10:17:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By jebsofnga:

then for that.

Hy Bot - KaptiHa maclom
View Quote

Thank you - for the post and your actions.

I would find it g&&amn insulting to be told by the internet my lived experience was actually just a CIA puppet show.

In other news, Poland just broke the taboo. Leopards to Ukraine.

Let’s hope it works as planned.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 10:20:35 AM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

Great job
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 10:20:42 AM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 1/11/2023 10:22:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 10:24:48 AM EDT
[#22]
I can't remember if this was posted, but your watching a heavy drone drop 3 82mm mortars on Russian positions.

Link Posted: 1/11/2023 10:35:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By general_cluster:

View Quote

Good video, thanks for posting it.

All is not lost in Soledar..👍

Faggot Russians or Russian Faggots lol
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 10:37:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Boom!

View Quote

Germany still has to approve it...
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 10:38:46 AM EDT
[#25]
This is interesting, most of the Leopard 2's are 2PL versions, with complete upgrades to the fleet to be completed this year.

If Ukraine gets this version, nice!!

http://www.military-today.com/tanks/leopard_2pl.htm

In 2015 the Polish MoD selected Rheinmetall of Germany as a favorite bidder to upgrade the older Leopard 2A4 tanks. An upgraded version was developed by Rheinmetall in cooperation with a number of Polish companies. It is called the Leopard 2PL. The demonstrator was first publicly revealed in 2016. In 2018 a contract was signed to upgrade the 142 Polish Leopard 2A4 tanks to the Leopard 2PL standard. First upgraded tanks were delivered to the Polish Army in 2020. Deliveries are planned to be completed by 2023.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/11/2023 10:38:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Forgot to post this yesterday:

USAF stages massive exercise, entire C-17 wing stages out of a single base, does ops with fighters.  File this under “we can drop an armoured division on your head in 48 hours.”

https://defence-blog.com/dozens-of-us-air-force-transport-planes-send-clear-signal-to-russia/

Attachment Attached File

Reminds me of this (close your eyes if you are Russian):
Actual superpower doing superpower things 30 years ago...
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 10:40:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By centex_SR-15:
No wonder they're (not them, Wagnerites and mobiks) willing to assault in human waves.  Cold bastards see those mines as the promised land if they manage to take them.  A heatable, HIMARS proof shelter.
View Quote

Until their entrances are collapsed and they get trapped…
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 10:42:24 AM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Americans were a revolutionary people once.  The Constitution is a revolutionary document even today, with elements of the right and left both trying to roll back its principles toward some form of fascism.  Freedom here and freedom everywhere is our concern.
When did the party of Reagan become filled with cowards and quislings?
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 10:44:59 AM EDT
[#29]

Closest is the very cool and nasty German DM51.

https://weaponsystems.net/system/689-DM51

The fragmentation jacket (a plastic body suspending 6,500 small BB's) is removable. This allows the grenade to be used either as wicked frag grenade, or by removing the frag jacket, as a close quarters concussion grenade.

https://photo.weaponsystems.net/image/s-carousel/n-iw_gren_dm51_p01.jpg/--/img/ws/iw_gren_dm51_p01.jpg

https://photo.weaponsystems.net/image/s-carousel/n-iw_gren_dm51_p03.jpg/--/img/ws/iw_gren_dm51_p03.jpg

https://photo.weaponsystems.net/image/s-carousel/n-iw_gren_dm51_p02.jpg/--/img/ws/iw_gren_dm51_p02.jpg

Unclear, but it may be possible to connect 2x HE cores to create 1x super powered concussion grenade / small demo charge.
View Quote

I've read about those. Cool concept. With my "luck" I'd try to throw one and only chuck the outer frag sleeve and the core would land at my feet. Wil E Coyote style.

Link Posted: 1/11/2023 10:45:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Jack67:
Forgot to post this yesterday:

USAF stages massive exercise, entire C-17 wing stages out of a single base, does ops with fighters.  File this under “we can drop an armoured division on your head in 48 hours.”

https://defence-blog.com/dozens-of-us-air-force-transport-planes-send-clear-signal-to-russia/

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/556465/E91F933A-8D9A-4B11-8B11-8C255ED9D1A6_jpe-2668349.JPG

Reminds me of this (close your eyes if you are Russian):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f684RjG6f9Y
View Quote

Also under Rapid Dragon, we can drop over 1,000 cruise missiles on you as well.

Link Posted: 1/11/2023 10:46:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Another update 4 hrs ago.

View Quote

👍👍🙏🇺🇦
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 10:47:10 AM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

Turkey began sending Ukraine a form of U.S.-designed, artillery-fired cluster bomb in late 2022 after months of Kyiv pleading with the Biden administration for the munitions, current and former U.S. and European officials familiar with the decision told Foreign Policy, giving Kyiv a powerful—but controversial—weapon to destroy Russian tanks and kill troops on the battlefield.

The NATO ally began sending the first batches of so-called dual-purpose improved conventional munitions (DPICMs) in November 2022, which were made during the Cold War era under a co-production agreement with the United States.  

GOOD.

I predict smart Russians will start surrendering or deserting at an even higher rate, once they start seeing their conscript rush strategy yields nothing other than 100% dead.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 10:48:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 10:49:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 10:49:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By general_cluster:

View Quote

For those who didn't watch the video, the Ukranian soldiers in the trenches are reporting that there is lots of fighting especially with artillery but the situation is fine. He says to not pay attention to the russian bot-farms spreading lies about how russians are winning in Soledar. He says there are no encirclements or anything, the Ukranian military is doing fine. Though he says he doesn't know how the civilians are still living in this area but they are.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 10:50:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mokerr] [#36]
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 10:51:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 10:51:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By BustinCaps:

It’s more believable that the US intelligence community was caught with its pants down by maidan. The flip from signing up with EU to suddenly signing up with Russia wasn’t expected, which is why it drew such a sharp Ukrainian response.

If there is one thing our intelligence community has done consistently it’s sleeping on watch.
View Quote

I'd more likely believe this then in the ultra-competent, overthrow any gov't super CIA. They seem to fuck everything up. The same idiots that assumed Russia would roll over Ukraine in a week "orchestrated" Maidan? Either they are idiots (my assessment) or sinister geniuses, but cannot be both in Ukraine at the same time.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 10:52:06 AM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

Yea, that's hard to watch.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 11:00:08 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By fervid_dryfire:

GOOD.

I predict smart Russians will start surrendering or deserting at an even higher rate, once they start seeing their conscript rush strategy yields nothing other than 100% dead.
View Quote

Cluster munitions were literally invented to stop communist Zerg rushes. The human waves are going to stop real quick the first time a DPICM pops off
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 11:04:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#41]
Gee, I wonder which country this might be for.

It is noted that the deal covers the supply of 122-mm ammunition of increased range, “which should significantly increase the performance and efficiency of operations.” The ammunition will allow ground forces to concentrate fire at a range of 40 km.

Elbit Systems manufactures 122 mm Accular missiles. These munitions adapt to already developed and tested platforms.

The company’s website notes that the ammunition meets the requirements of urban warfare and satisfies the need for an operational reaction in almost real-time.
View Quote

Ammunition for Ukraine
European countries and NATO member states plan to increase the production of artillery ammunition in 2023.

This is directly related to the fighting in Ukraine and the support of the Defense Forces.

WSJ journalists assessed that Ukraine uses approximately 40,000 155mm artillery rounds monthly, and the production capacity of all European countries is currently at 300,000 units yearly.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/11/2023 11:09:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By OBird:

Two things:

1) That’s not a fair comparison; pregnancy is an objective, binary, yes-or-no condition, like being dead vs alive or male vs female. “Involvement” in something is a subjective, gradient condition. For example, I am technically “involved” in the earth’s revolving around the sun, and “influencing” the US presidency by voting. That doesn’t mean I set the length of a year, or have any more impact on who is president than any other voting citizen.

2) I’m not exactly sure what point you’re making, but it seems to be moot regardless. Let’s assume, for a moment, that the CIA was the mastermind behind maidan. So they succeeded in helping Ukraine get rid of a Russian puppet (or at least “Russia-accommodating”) president, and replaced with someone else. So what? Doesn’t mean Russia can just start lobbing cruise missiles at Ukraine. Would Iran suddenly have the moral standing to invade Iraq, just because a third party (like Israel) helped orchestrate a revolution to get Iranian-influenced politicians out of power in Iraq? It’s pointless quibbling, even IF Russian propaganda was right. I don’t get the point of even really bringing it up.
View Quote

Very well stated.
And we have yet to see ANY evidence that the CIA had any hand in Maidan. I suspect that once Maidan started, maybe State Dept. maybe CIA gave some advice on organizing or some money to post on Social media. The CIA was not handing out crock pot helmets or garbage can lid shields and paying Ukrainians to be out for months freezing in the street and getting shot at.

Ray Epps and the glowies blended in well in DC but I doubt a bunch of feds would have gone unnoticed in Kiev handing out bricks and molotovs.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 11:11:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 11:14:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Americans were a revolutionary people once.  The Constitution is a revolutionary document even today, with elements of the right and left both trying to roll back its principles toward some form of fascism.  Freedom here and freedom everywhere is our concern.
View Quote

It seems like america has abandoned the culture that you are referring to. We now largely have a culture of selfishness, blame somebody else, and individual greed. Don't believe me? It's easy to find people who are willing to pass laws to violate your rights, so long as long as they get to keep their stuff.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 11:21:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Ike838:

I see dedicated supply drones being a logical development step in the near future.

Need ammo? Drone is on it's way.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ike838:
Drone dropping a container of sugar to a Ukrainian soldier.

I see dedicated supply drones being a logical development step in the near future.

Need ammo? Drone is on it's way.

Nothing like your Amazon Loot-Drop™ drone shitting chaff and dodging incoming AA.  

What a time to be alive.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 11:29:56 AM EDT
[#46]
I guess Russians have put bounties on Brads? Lol, we(USA) live rent free in their heads. At the same time, I guarantee they're saying American equipment is junk compared to Rooshia Stronk AFVs. /media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up_zps5c0357b9_GIF-103.gif
View Quote

Everything the Wagner assholes do effects their bonuses. They get paid by the meter they can advance. The UA have bounties also on RU equipment destroyed of captured. It's nothing new.

But if Trump was still President, I'm sure he would be impeached again at the news of "bounties on Bradleys".
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 11:36:35 AM EDT
[#47]

If Russia really was at war with NATO, we'd have had American servicemen throwing parties inside the Kremlin a long time ago.
View All Quotes

If Russia really was at war with NATO, we'd have had American servicemen throwing parties inside the Kremlin a long time ago.

Yeah, it'd be kinda funny if we/NATO did like China did in the Korean war; just jump the border and immediately push through the country until you got to the border you "wanted."

I don't necessarily want that to be attempted, because Biden and the (military) leaders around him are leftist pukes who would likely mess it up as they usually do.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 11:36:57 AM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

Those guys looked confused. I'm curious what they were saying.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 11:37:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Capta:

View Quote
The extreme 5% of the right and left are both very similar is base ideology - authoritarianism.

On topic, that video about a dozen post up of the heavy machine guns engaging Wagner, then artillery finishing the position off was *chef's kiss*
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 11:38:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:
BTW, I was just sitting here thinking about the situation in Soledar and Bakhmut and it occurred to me, I don't think I've seen either side using any wire obstacles to defend their lines during this entire war. If the Ukrainians had a belt of concertina wire in front of their positions, it would make life hell on these small groups of people the Russians are using to try to infiltrate Ukrainian positions. I'm not talking about stretching out one roll of wire and calling it good either. I'm talking about a belt of wire using two rolls on the bottom and another on top, all staked in and rigged with booby traps, trip flares, audible alarms, etc. And throw in some tangle foot as well on either side. Let those motherfuckers walk into that shit then smoke their asses with claymores. This way, the Ukrainians won't have to expose their firing positions at first contact. There might even be a few of old Vietnam vets around that can teach them how to use phougas to fuck up the orcs. My favorite method is putting the fuel mixture in 55 gallon drums and putting them just behind the wire barrier. Wire in a claymore behind each barrel and use the claymore to ignite the mixture and blow it out through the wire. This shit turned many a Vietcong/NVA sapper into crispy critters. I'm sure the Russians will find it equally impressive.

I suppose we haven't seen much wire barriers used yet because up until recently, this has largely been a mechanized war. But this would be the perfect situation for such measures. Maybe we need to add a bunch of concertina and barbed wire to the next drawdown. Wire may not seem important, but when the fight becomes mostly stationary and there's lots of sneaky foot soldier shit going on, it can quickly become a difference maker.
View Quote

Good point. There seems to be very little wire used. Maybe they dont have any. maybe it's just not in their doctrine. maybe the lines are too fluid. Or maybe wire obstacles just cannot survive the arty prep. given to a position. I dont know.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3300 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top