Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3437 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:03:50 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:05:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MfK:

I always get the tweet not found pop up, but if you refresh the page it works
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dracster:
Anyone else not having success with nitter.net anymore?

Thanks for the tip.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:05:39 PM EDT
[#3]
More on Wagner.

??? ????? "???????". ????? ?? ??????
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:11:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#4]
ISW assessment for February 2nd.

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/russian-offensive-campaign-assessment-february-2-2023

Putin may have overestimated the Russian military’s own capabilities again, as ISW previously assessed.[6] ISW has not observed any evidence that Russian forces have restored sufficient combat power to defeat Ukraine’s forces in eastern Ukraine and capture over 11,300 square kilometers of unoccupied Donetsk Oblast (over 42 percent of Donetsk Oblast’s total area) before March as Putin reportedly ordered. ISW previously assessed that a major Russian offensive before April 2023 would likely prematurely culminate during the April spring rain season (if not before) before achieving operationally significant effects.[7] Russian forces’ culmination could then generate favorable conditions for Ukrainian forces to exploit in their own late spring or summer 2023 counteroffensive after incorporating Western tank deliveries.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:12:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:13:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:16:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 2A373:

All those holes are in the bore evacuator, not the barrel itself.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/54089/Untitled_jpg-2695430.JPG
View Quote

Although there may be a dimple or two in the barrel itself...
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:41:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Freiheit8472] [#8]
Originally Posted By scarf:

That's a shame. I just lurk because I've got nothing of value to contribute but I've read almost every page of this thread. Thanks for your insight! Stay safe!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By scarf:
Originally Posted By Easterner:
Yeah so i need to take super extended break from here. Sorry to slide it. Don't respond. Just take note.

I'm seeing the shit show for what it is with this place. If we have a disagreement over someone trashing this information thread we get fussed at. "Hit that report button". Yeah right. Immediately after the last incident i noticed a MOD started laying down the law like "So you want moderation?" LOL

Tonight i see Trap's woman talked about in a nasty way. I have also had the same types of comments and reported with not a care in the world by mods. Posters still running their traps, keeping their accounts, COC isn't for the worthy trolls, literally copying and pasting straight propaganda. ( Pro-tip: These clown's are easily found searching their copypastas ) ).

Pretty surprised the literal Russian propaganda is allowed to flourish on this site, considering the source. Not talking about disagreements of opinion here. Our enemy is definitely among us and posting freely. Yeah i could just shut my pie hole and go quietly, but wanted to say bye to the group. I won't be lurking, but living without the nonsense I read everyday. If you hear of them finding a dead American with a Cola Warrior T-shirt, that's probably me. Hopefully i don't die in a pile of rubble. I would much rather go out making good commies.

Logging out, thanks for the company guys.

That's a shame. I just lurk because I've got nothing of value to contribute but I've read almost every page of this thread. Thanks for your insight! Stay safe!

Thank you for posting scarf. Hearing this from the silent third party underscores the importance of this thread.

@Easterner,
       If you can, I hope you can lurk, but we know your brain probably won’t let you if you want peace of mind.

I’ll just say, creating decent human beings is difficult and special. Christianity, western civ, and America has done that so well we take it for granted. The a-holes are the historical norm. The door is open for you to come back anytime, like nothin happened.

Don’t think this gets you out of the cups you didn’t finish at beer-pong!!!!
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:50:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Leo 1 would make a great traing tank
View Quote

Seems like a good tank to cover the Belarus border with.  Free up heavy hitters for front line duty.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:53:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sq40] [#10]
Yeah so i need to take super extended break from here. Sorry to slide it. Don't respond. Just take note.

I'm seeing the shit show for what it is with this place. If we have a disagreement over someone trashing this information thread we get fussed at. "Hit that report button". Yeah right. Immediately after the last incident i noticed a MOD started laying down the law like "So you want moderation?" LOL

Tonight i see Trap's woman talked about in a nasty way. I have also had the same types of comments and reported with not a care in the world by mods. Posters still running their traps, keeping their accounts, COC isn't for the worthy trolls, literally copying and pasting straight propaganda. ( Pro-tip: These clown's are easily found searching their copypastas ) ).

Pretty surprised the literal Russian propaganda is allowed to flourish on this site, considering the source. Not talking about disagreements of opinion here. Our enemy is definitely among us and posting freely. Yeah i could just shut my pie hole and go quietly, but wanted to say bye to the group. I won't be lurking, but living without the nonsense I read everyday. If you hear of them finding a dead American with a Cola Warrior T-shirt, that's probably me. Hopefully i don't die in a pile of rubble. I would much rather go out making good commies.

View Quote

Man I hate this.  

Stay safe my friend. I want nothing but peace for you and for life to get back to normal.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:57:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Inside the US Army Plant Making Artillery Shells for Ukraine

https://time.com/6252541/inside-the-us-army-plant-making-artillery-shells-for-ukraine/

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:59:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Prime:

It's a tough topic to speak accurately about.

I tend to agree with R0N that DoD and IC as institutions had something to lose by saying, "hey, the Russians are really falling apart".
Individuals within those organizations, particularly the intelligence agencies, damn sure knew. How far up the ladder that knowledge went (or how far down the suppression went) isn't something we're going to know until enough people die of old age.

IMHO.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prime:
Originally Posted By amanbearpig:

I work in this world. I realize that comment alone isn't worth a hill of beans so I'll find some articles and publicly released stuff.

"The strategic threat to the homeland has entered a new era and our key competitors have deployed and continue to advance a range of capabilities to hold the homeland at risk" - Rear Adm. Brendan McLane, the commander of Naval Surface Force Atlantic, September 2021. Link

Navy Brings Back US Atlantic Fleet as Russian Threats Intensify from 2020

Russia's powerful Northern Fleet just got the first of a new class of submarines that has the US Navy worried from 2021.

Not everything in the Russian military is garbage. Thankfully they've dramatically underperformed relative to what everyone expected in February. The idea that 'all Naval analysts knew' the Russian Navy '(was) going to hell' is and was what was wrong.

It's a tough topic to speak accurately about.

I tend to agree with R0N that DoD and IC as institutions had something to lose by saying, "hey, the Russians are really falling apart".
Individuals within those organizations, particularly the intelligence agencies, damn sure knew. How far up the ladder that knowledge went (or how far down the suppression went) isn't something we're going to know until enough people die of old age.

IMHO.
Good points.

Personally, I thought it was common knowledge that their navy was in bad shape. I didn't think that about the rest of their military but I've been reading for probably 15 years about how their navy was falling into disrepair and they didn't have the resources to keep up with it let alone modernize it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:02:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Breven52:

Haha I had one too after my first ride. Couldn't feel my legs and I lost a citizen eco drive watch to the mud.

been here from day one. The Orks invaded on my birthday, so I've been glued to this thread. I've sent some stuff over, but no where near what GF has done.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Breven52:
Originally Posted By Capta:

You have just paid your admission to the thread!  Welcome!  

Haha I had one too after my first ride. Couldn't feel my legs and I lost a citizen eco drive watch to the mud.

been here from day one. The Orks invaded on my birthday, so I've been glued to this thread. I've sent some stuff over, but no where near what GF has done.

Fwiw I remember you posting earlier in the thread. Which is a miracle considering my brain and this thread's size.

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:07:57 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote
Damn it
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:09:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By sq40:

Man I hate this.  

Stay safe my friend. I want nothing but peace for you and for life to get back to normal.
View All Quotes

Man I hate this.  

Same here.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:11:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Ukraine is ready to guarantee that long-range missiles will not attack the territory of Russia — the Armed Forces have enough targets in the temporarily occupied territories of Ukraine, the Minister of Defense said
The third force

https://t.me/The3rdForceUA/14849

On TG the description said this humvee maneuvered out to suppress a Russian position that shooting at the Ukrainian line.

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:15:22 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

I hate to read this.  Your posts are appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:17:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Same here.  
View Quote

Yeah, I think he'll stealth lurk.

Let's keep it the kind of place he wants to check in on every now and then.

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:20:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Interesting, can I see it with a telescope?

Photo over Montana.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fn_15kDXoAElgfY?format=png&name=900x900
View Quote

Half tempted to start a thread in GD about an impending EMP and get the masses all stirred up.

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:23:52 PM EDT
[#20]
You would not be the first
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:24:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Damn it
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:30:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: theskuh] [#22]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:
Good points.

Personally, I thought it was common knowledge that their navy was in bad shape. I didn't think that about the rest of their military but I've been reading for probably 15 years about how their navy was falling into disrepair and they didn't have the resources to keep up with it let alone modernize it.
View Quote

I agree It's somewhat easy to be mislead here as Russia's Navy wasn't a force that really projected any expeditionary power in the US sense. No really functional carriers, no oversea bases. It would be an easy funding cut for the Kremlin as the army was its primary means of regional power projection. The navy being fubar was a sign of the disfunction of their forces but I could see people not reading too much into it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:31:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: elcope] [#23]
Pretty sure this (and constant repetitions like it) was the offending post

Originally Posted By foxinnc:

CoC 6 edit - ec
View Quote

I know arfcom used to be pretty low tolerance for attacking members' family.   I hope it still is.   I'm not sure anymore, tho.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:32:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

Thanks for the tip.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
Originally Posted By Dracster:
Anyone else not having success with nitter.net anymore?

Thanks for the tip.

I have been using nitter.at. seems faster than others.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:35:22 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote
I know you said not to respond but you aren't my supervisor!

I'll miss your contributions and hope you find your way back to this thread after a respite.
Stay safe.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:36:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By mercersfinest4:

I agree that Russia doesn’t care how much meat it costs to achieve its objectives.

That said, there will be a finite number of Russian soldiers willing to go on suicide missions to capture ground.  

Something has to give.
View Quote

I think the russian govt can pretty much force any number of russian soldiers to do what they are told. They've lost 100,000 so far. If they lose twice that I'll bet russian civilians will still be saying that sacrifices have to be made to defend russia.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:38:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

Hey, here's a crazy idea... shoot the fucking thing down.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:
Interesting, can I see it with a telescope?

Photo over Montana.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fn_15kDXoAElgfY?format=png&name=900x900

Hey, here's a crazy idea... shoot the fucking thing down.

Isn't there some sort of agreement or informal understanding that we won't shoot down surveillance stuff beyond a certain altitude?
Otherwise yeah, bring that thing down.  

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:39:44 PM EDT
[#28]

Why would you be surprised, shocked, or confused about a commie praising a commie?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:47:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

I think the russian govt can pretty much force any number of russian soldiers to do what they are told. They've lost 100,000 so far. If they lose twice that I'll bet russian civilians will still be saying that sacrifices have to be made to defend russia.
View Quote

100%.  I know a Russian mom in Primorskiy with a 21 yr old son who is perfect draft bait.  We've had the conversation a dozen times and she is A-OK with him going off to defend the родина (motherland).  To be fair, Russians are so used to being bullshitted, they are a lot easier to have these directly opposite conversations with than many Americans.  They're just generally more open to the idea that anything is possibly a scam.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:47:17 PM EDT
[#30]

Man I hate this.  

View Quote
Im borderline about to check out of GD too. The comment made about my wife is 100% out of line, pure filth, and still standing after reporting and im's to mod and SS asking for explanation.

If it stays unaddressed, idk if I can overlook that.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:48:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:

I know arfcom used to be pretty low tolerance for attacking members' family.   I hope it still is.   I'm not sure anymore, tho.
View All Quotes

Lol.  I guess whatever it takes to get your mail order Slavs cunt wet.

THAT is FUCKED UP!!

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:50:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
Im borderline about to check out of GD too. The comment made about my wife is 100% out of line, pure filth, and still standing after reporting and im's to mod and SS asking for explanation.

View All Quotes

Man I hate this.  

Link to said comment, please? I'm starting to get fed up with this place as well.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:50:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By centex_SR-15:

I hate to read this.  Your posts are appreciated.
View Quote

Very much this.
Been here on this account for over 20 years. Had another going back before then. Arfcom has changed a lot, and definitely not for the better in many aspects.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:52:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stone-age] [#34]
Originally Posted By general_cluster:

mostly agreed.  The trillion dollar question is how to make this war untenable, not how to beat the Russians back in the field.

I would be a little hesitant to inadvertently solidify resolve by attacking infrastructure in high visibility areas, but would be all about bringing their transportation, energy, and defense industrial bases to a complete standstill and knocking off the right people.      
View Quote

Feb 5 starts a ban and price cap for refined oil products from russia in addition to the crude price cab. Russia is about to find out what it like to try and finance an unnecessary war, with an economy that is going down in flames, while they have shit manufacturing facilities of pretty much everything from everything to everything.
Ukraine needs long range artillery to reach deep and destroy russian supply lines. And weapons for maneuver warfare instead of attrition warfare.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:54:46 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

That sucks. But I can't blame you.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:55:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

Link to said comment, please? I'm starting to get fed up with this place as well.
View Quote
Andy posted it above, #23
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:57:26 PM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes

what thread was that in? That's totally out of line.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:58:47 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

I wouldn't be able to.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 12:02:32 AM EDT
[#39]
North Korea Sends Soldiers To Ukraine
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 12:02:47 AM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

Holy shit, where did you find that?
Even in the old pit, where you had (almost) free reign, you could not speak of family. Period.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 12:03:26 AM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Where/why was this?

Originally Posted By Zam18th:

Isn't there some sort of agreement or informal understanding that we won't shoot down surveillance stuff beyond a certain altitude?
Otherwise yeah, bring that thing down.  

View Quote

If it’s in orbit. Below that, fair game.  Milley’s excuses for not doing it were particularly lame (“it’s not hurting anyone, we think”).
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 12:04:04 AM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Yeah, that's fucked up. I'm pretty disappointed that hasn't resulted in some kind of corrective action by mods. It sure as hell should.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 12:08:56 AM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

Man I hate this.  

I get it but you are gonna have to grow some thicker skin knowing that people on the internet do not know you and you are letting them get to you. Same with Easterner. Now they win.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 12:09:02 AM EDT
[#44]

Exchange with context
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 12:11:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By ludder093:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ludder093:

Ukraine Needs More Weapons, Faster.

A lot of stupid bullshit was posted that breaks forum rules but again letting the idiot win is not the way to go.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 12:12:20 AM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

Exactly, this place has become a magnet for scum and thugs.. such a shame, 10-15 years ago we treated each other like longtime friends. We were decent to each other with the occasional ribbing and stupidity.  Sad what this place has become.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 12:12:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By stone-age:
Yeah, that's fucked up. I'm pretty disappointed that hasn't resulted in some kind of corrective action by mods. It sure as hell should.
View Quote

Did anyone @ a mod?

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 12:13:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By sierra-def:

I get it but you are gonna have to grow some thicker skin knowing that people on the internet do not know you and you are letting them get to you. Same with Easterner. Now they win.
View Quote
Yea I get it, I've been in the pit debating hard and always trying to do it respectfully, and urging others too.

But that kind of talk about family is unacceptable
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 12:14:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SkiShooter] [#49]
I have had it with the trolls and the non-stop GD bs.  Any thoughts on moving the thread to Team or finding another venue where the conversations can continue?
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 12:16:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Jack67:

If it's in orbit. Below that, fair game.  Milley's excuses for not doing it were particularly lame ("it's not hurting anyone, we think").
View Quote

Lol, I believe it. That guy is a full fledged functional moron.

How about shoot it down to send a message that we control our airspace. If not this will become a constant occurrence. Good opportunity for some laser testing.

Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3437 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top