Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3446 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:36:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:38:45 AM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:40:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:42:50 AM EDT
[#4]
An interesting point on the assessments/daily summaries that are published by the Ukrainian General Staff.
The below report was posted by a pro-Russian channel, and reposted by Wagner.
In both cases responses were positive, and comments said things like “good report, but why’s the flag wrong?”
I generally skip these because they’re straight from the Ukrainian military, but it seems like it’s good enough for Russians.

The Russian army is advancing in the Limansky, Bakhmutsky and Avdeevsky directions, - the main thing from the summary of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine

-Russian units conducted assault operations in the areas of Grekovka, Nevsky, Kremennaya and Dibrova of the LPR and Verkhnekamesky, Krasnaya Gora, Paraskovievka, Artemovsk and Ivanovsky DPR.

-In the Kupyansk direction, the RF Armed Forces inflicted fire damage from tanks, mortars and artillery in the areas of the settlement. Novomlynsk, Dvurechnaya, Zapadnaya, Golubovka, Kupyansk and Kislovka in the Kharkov region and Novoselovskoe and Stelmakhovka in the LPR.

-In the Limansky direction, Russian troops attacked the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the areas of the settlement. Terny and Torskoye in the DPR and Makeevka, Chervonopopovka and Dibrova in the LPR.

-In the Artemovsk direction, the positions of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the Disputable, Vesele, Belogorovka, Razdolovka, Paraskovievka, Artemovsk, Ivanovskoye, New York and Druzhba DPR were amazed.

-Over the past day, the Russian Army carried out 20 air and 3 missile strikes, and also carried out more than 90 attacks from the MLRS
The threat of Russian aviation and missile strikes throughout Ukraine remains.

https://t.me/warhistoryalconafter/84386
https://t.me/rsotmdivision/4576
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:42:51 AM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:47:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:47:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:48:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:50:49 AM EDT
[#9]
More video to come from the Vuldehar battles.

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:51:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By torstin:

That article is the first I've heard about Russia massing 500,000 troops on the border.  Is that generally accepted as true?
View Quote

I don't think they have 500,000 troops available. Even if they can muster that many, 60% or more will be support personnel. Their track record regarding massed troops has been spotty....
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:52:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LurkerII] [#11]
Deleted
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:54:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:

I don't think they have 500,000 troops available. Even if they can muster that many, 60% or more will be support personnel. Their track record regarding massed troops has been spotty....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

That article is the first I've heard about Russia massing 500,000 troops on the border.  Is that generally accepted as true?

Plus it seems from Russian sources at the front that they already have problems with supplying adequately these forces and even getting units to the front in vehicles.

Now compound that problem soon with GLSDB forcing units to travel 100km or more to the front.

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:59:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Another assessment of Bakhmut area, nice topographical map which seems to show some Russian advances have stagnated because of terrain and Ukrainian forces pouring on the steel rain.

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 11:01:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Looking forward to the video of the TOS destruction.

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 11:02:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#15]

114 private and non-commissioned servicemen and two officers were released from captivity.

23 released defenders are injured or sick, some have lost limbs due to frostbite. The youngest of the freed soldiers recently turned 20 years old, the oldest - 62 years old.

Also within the framework of the exchange, the repatriation of the bodies of fallen volunteers Christopher Matthew Perry from Great Britain and New Zealander Andrew Tobias Matthew Bagshaw, as well as Ukrainian volunteer Yevgeny Kulyk, who served in the French Foreign Legion, but returned to defend the Motherland after the start of a full-scale Russian invasion, took place.

The Coordination Headquarters is working on the following exchanges.
Glory to Ukraine!

https://t.me/newspn/49965

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 11:04:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#16]
17 minutes long.  Make a coffee and enjoy, first action starts about 8 min in, it's the full video of a kamikaze drone attack on Russians in the trenches.

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 11:10:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Red lines, a gesture of goodwill, a tactical retreat, a cunning plan, it's all fake, what other words were there? I just got tired of this list.

Listen, I know for sure, there you had a suitcase lying around somewhere in the Government, taking it out and opening it, you can press a button that will solve the issue once and for all. It's time. I answer it's time. Even if I am split into atoms, I am ready, so long as it all ends.

https://t.me/Separ13_13/7662
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 11:11:14 AM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 11:12:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#19]

It should be explained that the US didn't need this system, so no testing was done with use of HIMARS and M270 launchers.  The US will provide the necessary launchers for the system though.

This both frees up HIMARS to focus on other tasks, and allows the new launchers to focus on the more longer range fires.

The vehicles could be more disguised and less distinguishable compared to a HIMARS unit as well.

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 11:15:31 AM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 11:16:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Possible 3rd TOR arctic version.

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 11:17:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#22]
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 11:18:09 AM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 11:29:49 AM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

On February 3, at 11:30 p.m. outside Kyiv, the captain of the 4th omsbr of the 2nd AK of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, the commander of the UAV countermeasures platoon, Ihor "Bereg" Mangushev, was brought to the neurosurgery center in the city of Kadiivka (formerly Stakhanov), in the Luhansk region, with a blind gunshot wound to the head.

According to Russian resources, "Bereg" was wounded in the back with a short-barreled weapon (probably a 9-mm pistol) from close range in the occipital-parietal region of the head, the wound tract was downwards from the back at an angle of 45°. The condition of the wounded is stable and serious with a negative trend.

The third force

https://t.me/The3rdForceUA/14892
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 11:34:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 11:41:28 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

ain't that something.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 11:43:55 AM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

Ukrainian intel has been pretty good. All the chatter says that there is going to be a huge Russian push on (or around) 2/24/23. Mobiks and redeploying forces from other areas, I think they could come up with 500K. I suspect their military is getting really thin in east Asia and northern Europe. Western media and politicians talk about a long-term conflict, but I don't think either side can sustain this war long term. Sanctions are going to leave Russian unable to generate large quantities of modern weapons systems, and the widespread destruction leaves Ukraine unable to generate any domestic economy. Manpower losses on both sides are really significant. Harder on the Russian side, but they have a larger pool to draw from in the first place, so it's unclear who's hurting more on a proportional basis, especially when Ukraine guards their casualty rates so effectively.

Ukrainian talking points say that 2023 is a critical year for them, and I'm inclined to agree. By this time next year, major efforts on both sides will settle the future state of the conflict. Russia will launch a gigantic wave against Ukraine and achieve their political objectives, leaving Ukraine with little more than partisans, saboteurs, and a hollowed force to defend what's left of their nation. Or, Ukraine will break the back of the invasion, take the cities of Donetsk and Luhansk (creating a symbolic victory), cut off Crimea leaving Russian forces there to take ferries out or die. That's my personal take, worth just a bit south of nothing.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 11:44:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Russian TG, but it might be good news.

February 4 this year The security service of Ukraine in Kharkiv detained the commander of the 92nd brigade Pavel Fedosenko at the apartment of his mistress, an employee of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, Ksenia Karpova. He was charged with desertion, self-removal from the performance of his duties and unjustifiably high losses in the units of the brigade, as well as among the mercenaries of the "Foreign Legion", who were subordinated to him and acted in conjunction with the 92nd Ombre. The brigade commander is a Hero of Ukraine.

Kremlin laundress

https://t.me/NeoficialniyBeZsonoV/21959

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 11:50:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Erno86:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrk5MKwKxw8
View Quote

I hope that's what that school, the rus was using, looked like.
That was pretty. Hollywood type explosion.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 11:56:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Another UA channel said the city had requested that the Ministry of Energy send everything they have.

Maksym Marchenko reports on the current situation with electricity supply in Odesa:

The Odesa district and the city of Odesa were almost completely de-energized. As of now, almost 500,000 subscribers are without electricity.

The damage is complex and very severe, so it is still too early to give quality forecasts regarding the completion of repairs. Heating, drainage and water supply work as usual.

As previously reported, a certain number of generators, which are available not only at the Ministry of Energy, but also at the State Emergency Service, will be delivered to Odesa during the day and will be used to connect critical infrastructure. We are expecting the first generators already this evening.
https://t.me/operativnoZSU

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 11:58:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Erno86] [#31]
"Advancing Russian tank ambushed in Ukrainian positions - It came under heavy fire"
View Quote

"AUTO-TRANSLATE" available

Advancing Russian tank ambushed in Ukrainian positions - it came under heavy fire
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 12:02:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: planemaker] [#32]
Originally Posted By Mickdog13:

That is a Massive bird!
I bet you can hear that at 10M altitude.
Not an AC I’d like to see if I looked up, with giant explosive balls dangling over my head.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mickdog13:

That is a Massive bird!
I bet you can hear that at 10M altitude.
Not an AC I’d like to see if I looked up, with giant explosive balls dangling over my head.

Looks to me like a fairly heavy lift hexacopter. Payload is likely in the 5-6lb range to get any range/endurance. Might be able to hoist 10+lb but wouldn't go very far/long with that kind of weight. Notice the props are fairly big which might indicate the rotor disk loading isn't that high. Slower turning, lower disk loading means less noise.

It's always a tail chase with these things. More payload = more battery needed to try to get the same range/endurance. More weight = more power required = more battery = etc. At some point, fairly quickly, you pass a point of diminishing returns.

One of the hexacopters I have isn't that big and it uses 18" props. If I run it light, it doesn't make a lot of noise. If the wind is blowing, you can't really hear it once it gets to about 200ft. At night with no wind, 400ft. you can still hear something but might not know where it is.

ETA: After looking at the pictures again, it looks like the spread motor-to-motor is probably a nice round 2m. And, the props look like maybe 26". Maybe a Pixhawk orange cube on the top. Don't see the GPS pucks anywhere so they may have gotten broken off in the crash. So, a 10lb payload isn't out of the question for this thing. Transport may be a PITA since it doesn't look like the arms fold like mine do.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 12:06:30 PM EDT
[#33]
From the description this looks like UA recruiting with their SOF.
An interesting detail is a “thin red line” patch shaped like CONUS.

Among the defenders of Ukraine there are those who are usually not seen. They perform tasks that, even years later, will be hidden from the public under the seal of secrecy. Military correspondents of the Central Television and Radio Studio of the Ministry of Defense

Ukrainians will tell what the elite unit of the Ukrainian fleet lives in the new project Military Television of Ukraine - "YOU IN THE ARMY"

https://t.me/operativnoZSU/75804

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 12:11:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Erno86] [#34]
"Dozens of military equipment, trucks TURN INTO ASHES in Russian base hit by 'HIMARS'"
View Quote

Dozens of military equipment, trucks TURN INTO ASHES in Russian base hit by "HIMARS"
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 12:16:16 PM EDT
[#35]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FoIP-WsXEAE_U8g?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

Aerovironment frequently overstates their vehicles' capabilities. It's a nice bird but nothing special. The tracking antenna they mention in the graphic is fairly big and is directional. Not something you can just whip out and go take a look-see real quick. Hopefully the comm and video downlink are in frequencies that the rooskies can't jam. It's a good addition to the aid package.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 12:19:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 12:20:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

Aerovironment frequently overstates their vehicles' capabilities. It's a nice bird but nothing special. The tracking antenna they mention in the graphic is fairly big and is directional. Not something you can just whip out and go take a look-see real quick. Hopefully the comm and video downlink are in frequencies that the rooskies can't jam. It's a good addition to the aid package.
View All Quotes

Thanks for that info, I'm always curious about these smaller drone systems, there's almost too many to keep track of.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 12:24:37 PM EDT
[#38]

Full 6 min video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2Hwhoks-DQ
View Quote
that is a good video. What it shows without saying is how important crew survivability is. That crew is now very experienced and would be formidable against fresh Russian crews.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 12:28:14 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote
He resisted the urge to choke the chicken.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 12:31:58 PM EDT
[#40]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYUaRMN-Bqg
View All Quotes
"Dozens of military equipment, trucks TURN INTO ASHES in Russian base hit by 'HIMARS'"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYUaRMN-Bqg

"Joke is on you, we'll just make all the guys walk now."  -Russian military command, probably
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 12:33:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 12:35:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#42]
Okay, so their Getting PAC-3 missiles.

PAC-3 Missile System: Protecting The Force
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 12:37:06 PM EDT
[#43]

Thanks for that info, I'm always curious about these smaller drone systems, there's almost too many to keep track of.
View All Quotes

I've heard the Ukrainian forces have been buying all kinds of small drones and coordinating the distribution of those and the ones that have been donated. That's in addition to the home-grown ones that are being made in-country. I'm not sure if the GCS for the Puma is the same as for the Switchblade but if so, no additional training required. Most of the front line guys seem to have either DJI (or Autel?) units. Most all the home-grown units use open-source Pixhawks. At some point in the future, they'll probably standardize on something to ease the training/logistics burden.

They seem to be using what they have to good effect. Seems like they have multiple drones in the air pretty much everywhere. One thing they'll have to start thinking about is batteries. They don't last forever and with their usage rate, they may "wear" them out pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 12:38:05 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

I've definitely seen an uptick in Russian artillery pieces getting hit lately.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 12:41:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: klinc] [#45]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
that is a good video. What it shows without saying is how important crew survivability is. That crew is now very experienced and would be formidable against fresh Russian crews.
View Quote

That was great. "Tank hit and electronics/turret failed. We bailed and ran but left it in reverese. Got back in it when it got back to us crawled in and drove back to base."
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 12:52:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

I watch a college age youtube occasionally called "propaganda talks". She goes through the school books she actually learned from growing up in russia. All of the age levels consistently talk about how russia moved into another territory and everything was fine with the people who were there because russia is peaceful. Then at some point later the foreign government attacked russia and russia was forced to defend itself, bacause russia never starts a fight, but they finish them. All of the books, all ages. Russia is a peaceful people. Russia never starts wars. Russia never invades foreign countries. I've heard putin repeat the phrases on TV, I've heard russians repeat the phrases in street interviews.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stone-age:
Originally Posted By lycurgus:

There are fundamental differences in basic cultural/historical premises which I don't see as being reconcilable. And these premises are based upon historical conditions going back to the Second World War specifically and even back to the time of the Czars.

A common irreconcilable point is regarding Russia's actions during WW2 and their after war subjugation of E. Europe. Russians (to generalize) do not see themselves as having conquered/oppressed/subjugated E. Europe; Russians view it as liberation. Unfortunately, it seems that many times disagreement with this fundamental premise (liberation vs. subjugation) gets one labeled as a Nazi or a fascist by Russians.

All this many seem ridiculous to one in America, seen as wallowing in the past, but I can assure you they are very front and center to my relatives in Latvia.

I don't see any resolution to this (Ukraine or other larger issues with Russia) in the foreseeable future unfortunately.

I watch a college age youtube occasionally called "propaganda talks". She goes through the school books she actually learned from growing up in russia. All of the age levels consistently talk about how russia moved into another territory and everything was fine with the people who were there because russia is peaceful. Then at some point later the foreign government attacked russia and russia was forced to defend itself, bacause russia never starts a fight, but they finish them. All of the books, all ages. Russia is a peaceful people. Russia never starts wars. Russia never invades foreign countries. I've heard putin repeat the phrases on TV, I've heard russians repeat the phrases in street interviews.

The one thing the USSR/Russia has always been very good at is lying and dodging blame. Like most who habitually lie they repeat their BS so often that in their minds it is truth. If they sign a treaty or any type of agreement it's a given they will cheat or outright ignore the terms. Yet over the decades many in the west have held to the belief that the Russians could be negotiated with in good faith. Anyone who thinks they can be negotiated with on Ukraine is delusional. The Russians can't even own up to the fact that they started this shit show. Fuck them.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 12:56:50 PM EDT
[#47]
"Inside and out BMP-2 infantry fighting vehicle tour"
View Quote

Inside and Out: BMP-2 Infantry Fighting Vehicle Tour
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 1:01:18 PM EDT
[#48]

It should be explained that the US didn't need this system, so no testing was done with use of HIMARS and M270 launchers.  The US will provide the necessary launchers for the system though.

This both frees up HIMARS to focus on other tasks, and allows the new launchers to focus on the more longer range fires.

The vehicles could be more disguised and less distinguishable compared to a HIMARS unit as well.

View Quote
I think they can put those launchers in the beds of trucks.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 1:03:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

Noticed this too, it's good to see, keeps the Russians afraid of counterbattery.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 1:04:41 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

Aid package aimed at winning the war for Ukraine!  Very interesting
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3446 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top