Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3453 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 2/5/2023 12:56:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome back, Easterner. Your participation has been missed
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 12:59:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:
Having concentrated enemy forces attacking well planned and dug in defensive force with better intel, more accurate artillery and rockets and superior logistics would seem to be a great way to inflict huge losses on said aggressor.

View Quote

yes Russia's strategy seems to be 'assault until Ukraine runs out of ammunition'.  and to think they actually send officers to 'war college' to learn those techniques / strategies.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:00:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Prime:

Good to see ya bud.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Easterner:
Y'all slacking in here. Balloons are for the kids that need a next thing to be outraged at crowd. Send 'em a link and give em a lollipop on their way out.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20230205_112100_jpg-2698939.JPG
93rd Brigade putting in work at Bakmut
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/Screenshot_2023-02-05-10-58-38-306_com_i-2698940.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20230205_110338_jpg-2698941.JPG
French Caesar in Ugledar
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20230205_110217_jpg-2698942.JPG

Good to see ya bud.

+1
Good deal
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:01:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:

Is this the new version of “Russia didn’t sent their real troops… the REAL offensive hasn’t even begun”?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jack67:
Out of sequence, but keep in mind this:

- Winter losses can be largely localized to Wagner in Bahkmut
- These losses are well within the prison recruiting #s for Wagner
- Other fronts are largely static - for months
- Where are the mobiks?

Russia has taken the better quality recruits from the mobilization and are training them up.  There are a lot numbers, better trained, coming.

Is this the new version of “Russia didn’t sent their real troops… the REAL offensive hasn’t even begun”?

No. There's been rumors for months now that while Russia committed some of its mobiks to Ukraine, they've been training up many others in preparation for future offensives. I don't think they're going to take Kyiv or anything with the mobiks they've devoted time to training, but the additional manpower that has received more than a week's worth of training may shake things up a bit in the Donbas and the south. A lot of the Russian mobiks will have poor morale and poor, unintelligent leadership, but others won't.

Supposedly, the Ukrainians have also been building reserves, and with the influx of Western armor and the commitment of longer range munitions, I have to agree with the assessments that 2023 is going to see far more casualties than 2022.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:06:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Easterner] [#5]
Originally Posted By fisherman:

+1
Good deal
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fisherman:
Y'all slacking in here. Balloons are for the kids that need a next thing to be outraged at crowd. Send 'em a link and give em a lollipop on their way out.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20230205_112100_jpg-2698939.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/Screenshot_2023-02-05-10-58-38-306_com_i-2698940.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20230205_110338_jpg-2698941.JPG
French Caesar in Ugledar
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20230205_110217_jpg-2698942.JPG

Good to see ya bud.

+1
Good deal

Had to go cool off a bit. The woman and I played in the snow a bit and had some fun.

Temperature is dropping again. It is snowing lightly now here despite this saying cloudy.
Attachment Attached File

Still a very mild winter here.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:11:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:

yes Russia's strategy seems to be 'assault until Ukraine runs out of ammunition'.  and to think they actually send officers to 'war college' to learn those techniques / strategies.  
View Quote

Yeah, but they don't have what they need in order to be able to move effectively. What they do have is a bunch of artillery and an almost endless supply of warm bodies who don't matter at all to the commanders. It doesn't matter how many are dead, it doesn't matter. What matters is the number who are still alive enough to walk forward. Are there enough of them still alive to crawl forward with a rifle? That number needs to be reduced to the point that they can no longer defend themselves.
Consider it from a different point of view. How many dead russians are you willing to accept in order for Ukraine to win this war. That's how many dead russian soldiers  russian commanders are willing to accept in order for russia to win. Same number.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:23:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Feb 5 ban and price cap starts today. Ban on refined oil products like gasoline from russia. The volume is not as big but the profit margin for russia is higher. Also a price cap for the purchase of these products will drive down the price worldwide as europeans refuse to pay more than the price cap. This in addition to the ban and price cap on crude oil that was already in effect. This is going to further damage the russian economy. Secondary sanctions will eventually be put into place which will damage russias ability to find ways around the sanctions. Putin will have to become an uber driver.

RUSSIAN Oil Disaster as Refined Oil Ban & Price Cap & European Bans Start TODAY & Hits Production
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:25:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
These are really starting to add up.

View Quote

I’d been waiting to see the numbers Rheinmetall had in their possession.  Their inventory was pretty close to the Heer’s inventory at various times.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:27:54 PM EDT
[#9]
RPG hotness in Bakhmut
Warrior in pseudo "Taran" disassembles the building with the occupants
@bochkala_war

https://t.me/bochkala_war/11508
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:33:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

No. There's been rumors for months now that while Russia committed some of its mobiks to Ukraine, they've been training up many others in preparation for future offensives. I don't think they're going to take Kyiv or anything with the mobiks they've devoted time to training, but the additional manpower that has received more than a week's worth of training may shake things up a bit in the Donbas and the south. A lot of the Russian mobiks will have poor morale and poor, unintelligent leadership, but others won't.

Supposedly, the Ukrainians have also been building reserves, and with the influx of Western armor and the commitment of longer range munitions, I have to agree with the assessments that 2023 is going to see far more casualties than 2022.
View Quote

One of the take-aways from 1950 was that Mao specifically made sure his “mobiks” of the time were politically sound.  Well indoctrinated, unlikely to break.  What I have noticed and m35ben, other also, noted is the last wave of conscription is largely absent on the battlefield this winter.  They are being trained-up, indoctrinated, equipped.

Russia is spending all winter on an army of 200,000 troops. Giving them decent training in infantry tactics, political indoctrination - we must presume.  This will be a tool to be deployed, not a theory.  I was very interested to read last weak, that Mao dictated how to use such an army against the US, defeating air, sea, and supply superiority. It worked (see Hornfisher, “To Hold the Sea”).  It was not ad-hoc, it was very intentional.  Even his senior generals, like Peng Dehuai, didn’t get it in theory, but still won against US troops.

I’m not being defeatist; but it’s out there and real.  Not feeding troops into Bahkmut fits this reality.  Best defense against this would be Poland retaking Koenigsberg, that would upset the dynamic. ;).

Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:43:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Had to go cool off a bit. The woman and I played in the snow a bit and had some fun….
View Quote

Now that is the spirit, my man. There is a particular cable car at Blackcomb I can recommend, also an old sugarshack in the woods to the right of the “Sleeper” trail at Sugarbush in Vermont, several of the female ski instructors and I know well. Ask me how I know this… (Don’t ask)

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:44:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By SoCalExile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj9HD8MdAFs
View Quote
halfway through and this is a very good one.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:48:10 PM EDT
[#13]

One of the take-aways from 1950 was that Mao specifically made sure his “mobiks” of the time were politically sound.  Well indoctrinated, unlikely to break.  What I have noticed and m35ben, other also, noted is the last wave of conscription is largely absent on the battlefield this winter.  They are being trained-up, indoctrinated, equipped.

Russia is spending all winter on an army of 200,000 troops. Giving them decent training in infantry tactics, political indoctrination - we must presume.  This will be a tool to be deployed, not a theory.  I was very interested to read last weak, that Mao dictated how to use such an army against the US, defeating air, sea, and supply superiority. It worked (see Hornfisher, “To Hold the Sea”).  It was not ad-hoc, it was very intentional.  Even his senior generals, like Peng Dehuai, didn’t get it in theory, but still won against US troops.

I’m not being defeatist; but it’s out there and real.  Not feeding troops into Bahkmut fits this reality.  Best defense against this would be Poland retaking Koenigsberg, that would upset the dynamic. ;).

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

I suppose my biggest worry from following this thread is that all of Ukraine's allies keep saying "we'll get your tanks and other shit delivered by the end of March," which likely means the end of April or sometime in May. If I were Russia's megamind level genius leadership, even I could figure out to start a major offensive with whatever I had at the moment at the end of February or beginning of March. Whatever ground I would manage to take and fortify during that is just more ground Ukraine has to try and take back, more munitions they'll expend on my prison population, more lives they'll lose just getting back to where we are today. Giving me even more time to conscript mobiks and throw them into the meatgrinder.

Whoever said "you can't break a meatgrinder with more meat" is spot on, but you CAN make the arm turning the crank exhausted.

We need to have that gear there tomorrow. It would have been better if it had been there six months ago. Or last February, when all this kicked off. The foot-dragging is bullshit.

Also, what is the actual concern with all of these countries hesitating to send their tanks (I don't mean German approval)? Are they worried their sending along their microscopic pittance of tanks is going to somehow leave their country defenseless? You're fifteen fucking tanks weren't going to last the first day anyway, just get them where they're needed NOW. They'll do more good massed together and stopping Russia in Ukraine than they EVER would've in your own country. Or were they planning on saving them for their own offensives? Norway rolling Leopards into Sweden, maybe. Or Portugal into Spain?

I just don't get the hesitation. At all. Ugh.

Slava Ukraini.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:49:17 PM EDT
[#14]

One of the take-aways from 1950 was that Mao specifically made sure his "mobiks" of the time were politically sound.  Well indoctrinated, unlikely to break.  What I have noticed and m35ben, other also, noted is the last wave of conscription is largely absent on the battlefield this winter.  They are being trained-up, indoctrinated, equipped.

Russia is spending all winter on an army of 200,000 troops. Giving them decent training in infantry tactics, political indoctrination - we must presume.  This will be a tool to be deployed, not a theory.  I was very interested to read last weak, that Mao dictated how to use such an army against the US, defeating air, sea, and supply superiority. It worked (see Hornfisher, "To Hold the Sea").  It was not ad-hoc, it was very intentional.  Even his senior generals, like Peng Dehuai, didn't get it in theory, but still won against US troops.

I'm not being defeatist; but it's out there and real.  Not feeding troops into Bahkmut fits this reality.  Best defense against this would be Poland retaking Koenigsberg, that would upset the dynamic. ;).

View Quote

I am wondering when cluster munitions will make their appearance. If russia starts massing gains with these mobiks I can't imagine they will stay on the shelf.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:52:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Prigozhin-

Request from the editors of the NewsInfo publication and response:
Good afternoon, Evgeny Viktorovich. Information appeared in the media that the Armed Forces of Ukraine are retreating from the northern quarters of Artemovsk. Can you confirm this?

We publish a comment by Evgeny Viktorovich:
“I am clarifying the situation. The APU is not retreating anywhere. APU fight to the last. In the northern quarters of Artemovsk, there are fierce battles for every street, every house, every stairwell. Of course, it’s nice that the media want the Armed Forces to retreat, but this does not happen either in the northern quarters, or in the south, or in the east.”

https://t.me/Prigozhin_hat/2592

Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:56:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Capta:

So it sounds like the “launcher issue” isn’t an issue and we’re just sending additional launchers with the right software.  I like it!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
Originally Posted By swede1986:

Wouldn't surprise me if all that's lacking in the HIMARS is a software update.
This is what R0N said was needed

He's right, that's all that's really needed.

If they can, it's still beneficial to send additional units to fire these and free up the HIMARS to work within the 80km range envelope.

So it sounds like the “launcher issue” isn’t an issue and we’re just sending additional launchers with the right software.  I like it!

Pretty much, yes.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:57:02 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

I mean most of the fighting that we’ve been seeing the past couple months has been primarily Wagner & convicts. The ru mil units are largely holding static positions, but that leaves like 200k recently mobilized unaccounted for, so it makes sense that they’ve been using the Wagner HIV divisions to force a stalemate and make small gains to buy time to actually equip and train the large number of recently mobilized thru the winter

Once spring breaks, this is gonna turn into a smash fest, with ukr combined arms with western armor & artillery Vs a large number of recently trained and likely entrenched russians

Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:58:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Apocalyptic.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 2:04:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Kagetora:

I suppose my biggest worry from following this thread is that all of Ukraine's allies keep saying "we'll get your tanks and other shit delivered by the end of March," which likely means the end of April or sometime in May. If I were Russia's megamind level genius leadership, even I could figure out to start a major offensive with whatever I had at the moment at the end of February or beginning of March. Whatever ground I would manage to take and fortify during that is just more ground Ukraine has to try and take back, more munitions they'll expend on my prison population, more lives they'll lose just getting back to where we are today. Giving me even more time to conscript mobiks and throw them into the meatgrinder.

Whoever said "you can't break a meatgrinder with more meat" is spot on, but you CAN make the arm turning the crank exhausted.

We need to have that gear there tomorrow. It would have been better if it had been there six months ago. Or last February, when all this kicked off. The foot-dragging is bullshit.

Also, what is the actual concern with all of these countries hesitating to send their tanks (I don't mean German approval)? Are they worried their sending along their microscopic pittance of tanks is going to somehow leave their country defenseless? You're fifteen fucking tanks weren't going to last the first day anyway, just get them where they're needed NOW. They'll do more good massed together and stopping Russia in Ukraine than they EVER would've in your own country. Or were they planning on saving them for their own offensives? Norway rolling Leopards into Sweden, maybe. Or Portugal into Spain?

Slava Ukraini.
View Quote

My guess is they don't want to look like they hate russia. They don't want to get involved unless they are forced to. They only want to do the bare minimum as a result of public pressure. I'll continue to believe that until I have reason to believe otherwise.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 2:06:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Apocalyptic.
View Quote

I feel bad for the trees and the dirt.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 2:07:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks. Best to step away and not get an account lock reacting to classless comments.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/5/2023 2:07:46 PM EDT
[#22]

Slava Ukraini.
View Quote

Yes. It’s a big worry.

And at the same time, the vocal components of the Obama-Biden foreign policy establishment that failed so badly, are falling over themselves congratulating each other on their success. No shit.  Like Michael McFaul, Obama’s ambassador to the USSR (sorry, Russia). He still insists Biden is the savior of Ukraine, and the left is buying this BS:

The left is being fed as much BS as the extreme right.  It’s terrifying.

Link Posted: 2/5/2023 2:09:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#23]

Link Posted: 2/5/2023 2:10:16 PM EDT
[#24]

3 tanks and 2 BMPs stormed the positions of the 59th Infantry Brigade near Donetsk.
2 enemy tanks and 1 BMP were destroyed. Vehicle crews and landing forces finished off drones 🔥
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 2:11:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 2:12:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stone-age:
Apocalyptic.

How fast does shrapnel need to be going to blow through a tank barrel.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 2:14:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4xGM300m] [#27]
Originally Posted By Swampgrass:

View Quote

That's the bore evacuator that got pierced.

Link Posted: 2/5/2023 2:16:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack67] [#28]

View Quote

Oh man, that’s grim. I wish I had not seen that.

That was only through the thin steel sheathe of the bore evacuator, not the barrel itself.  A 9mm would punch a big hole in that.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 2:18:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 2:25:15 PM EDT
[#30]

French Caesar in Ugledar
View Quote

Good to hear from you!
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 2:28:14 PM EDT
[#31]

That was only through the thin steel sheathe of the bore evacuator, not the barrel itself.  A 9mm would punch a big hole in that.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/556465/B8C7C904-9551-4EFA-B8FC-7D9670852475_jpe-2699334.JPG
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/556465/B8C7C904-9551-4EFA-B8FC-7D9670852475_jpe-2699334.JPG

Got it, thanks.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 2:28:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 2:29:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By SoCalExile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj9HD8MdAFs
View Quote

Good video

28:25
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 2:31:11 PM EDT
[#34]
As if the Russians aren't already getting their asses kicked badly enough by Ukrainians, now we have retarded Russians picking fights with camels and also losing badly. Really badly.

That dude definitely fucked around and found out.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 2:33:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:
As if the Russians aren't already getting their asses kicked badly enough by Ukrainians, now we have retarded Russians picking fights with camels and also losing badly. Really badly.

View Quote

Wow, I honestly didn't know camels could bite your head and shake violently like a pit bull does.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 2:38:58 PM EDT
[#36]

Wow, I honestly didn't know camels could bite your head and shake violently like a pit bull does.
View Quote

I am actually still sitting here watching that video and laughing my ass off because as that camel is slinging that dude around like a rag doll, I'm imagining him saying to the Russian......."Guess what day it is, Mikhail! Guess what day it is, Mikhail!" That's right! It's hump day, bitch!".

Link Posted: 2/5/2023 2:39:38 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

Not a good idea to fuck with something that weighs 800 pounds.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 2:49:05 PM EDT
[#38]

I am actually still sitting here watching that video and laughing my ass off because as that camel is slinging that dude around like a rag doll, I'm imagining him saying to the Russian......."Guess what day it is, Mikhail! Guess what day it is, Mikhail!" That's right! It's hump day, bitch!".

View All Quotes

Crap, now you have me laughing.

Link Posted: 2/5/2023 2:50:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Best video today.

I laughed so hard, it started hurting.

Link Posted: 2/5/2023 3:05:33 PM EDT
[#40]
https://twitter.com/KilledInUkraine/status/1621507224874127362/photo/1
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 3:07:38 PM EDT
[#41]

Have spent the last few days reviewing detailed actions in Korea and also the 1st Marine division in Korea. As well as politics before and shortly after (McCarthur got fires, you may remember).

- Bahkmut fits that history very, very well
- Parallels to Verdun, etc, are not correct.
- Mao very much targeted his wave attacks based on technological asymmetry - not casual - I believe Putin is looking to Mao for strategic parallels. Not just for this simplistic reason, but others.
- Do not dismiss human wave attacks as ineffective, or non-decisive

Another teaser for results if you get GentlemanFarmer back: about 20 years ago I was in a dermatology clinic, had a patient with a really crude southern star tattoo on his arm (not the chief complaint).  I asked him if he got that in prison, or Korea, if he knew Chesty (jokingly).  He said he got it in Wonsan, after they got out of Chosin. Gulp.  I stayed and talked to him about that, was about 1/2 hour late to my next patient.

I was trying to catch up, then the "Marcus Welby" type clinic director pulled me aside in the hallway, he said "I saw what you did with your last patient." I thought I was about to get bounced of derm/the clinic. He said, "That was beautiful.  I flew Sabres in the Alley back in the day, I appreciate that." OMG, we bonded and I learned a lot about air combat in Korea, which is very under-appreciated, if I may say so.

I am the Forrest Gump of Louisville, Ky, as noted.
View Quote

Very concerning.  A similar issue facing both the Ukes and MacArthur was sustaining offensive operations toward the end of his logistic lines.  Against the Chinese "Volunteers", MacArthur's retrenchment turned into a rout and was forced to retreat to south of Seoul once key LOCs were overrun.  However, this COA is much more fraught for the Orcs since the Chinese only had to cut a few MSRs, had extremely favorable terrain for both infiltration and movement to the objective with limited observation to support massed Infantry assaults.  The Chinese were coming in relatively fresh while the Russians have suffered through severe attritional warfare, particularly relating to Log and modern combat vehicles, and the Russians, given both the human factors and terrain (no Han Mountains, and surveillance capabilities are much better now than in the early 1950's), it is unlikely that they can achieve the Strategic surprise and shock value Chinese achieved in 1950.  A more terrifying concern is if the Russians somehow fix their logistics through some combination of airlift and "Red Ball express".  Otherwise, they will not be able to sustain major offensive operations for more than a few weeks regardless of how many casualties they are willing to suffer.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 3:12:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 3:13:47 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes
Out of sequence, but keep in mind this:

- Winter losses can be largely localized to Wagner in Bahkmut
- These losses are well within the prison recruiting #s for Wagner
- Other fronts are largely static - for months
- Where are the mobiks?

Russia has taken the better quality recruits from the mobilization and are training them up.  There are a lot numbers, better trained, coming.

Nah, just a reminder to ourselves that the Russians are not beaten, have not been totally defeated, and the Enemy always gets a vote.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 3:16:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Ukraine cannot win the war by killing Russian troops.

Ukraine can only win the war by seizing and holding strategic swathes of land that denies Russian troops on Ukraine soil resupply and reinforcement.

Link Posted: 2/5/2023 3:21:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By m00ler03:
View Quote

Fell out an open window or is about to fall out an open window
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 3:26:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 3:34:26 PM EDT
[#47]

Slava Ukraini.
View Quote

You don't play games with sending advanced armored vehicles to Ukraine. You either train up the operators and sustainers properly or don't send them at all. Half assing training to get them sooner is really fucking dumb.

Could always go the Flying Tigers route, I guess. If we absolutely had to have those tanks over there sooner.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 3:38:25 PM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 2/5/2023 3:43:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Anybody remember those old Threads about French and Belgium farm fields being filled with unexploded World War I ordnance alone?
Miles and miles of countryside and farmland loaded with unexploded shells, mortar rounds and assorted small arm ammunition both fired and unfired.  There will be several decade-old rounds recovered in the upcoming planting season.
Let's not forget the occasional finding a bomb from Part 2.

I look at the pictures where there are shell craters or evidence of some artillery shell exploding and wonder how many duds are out there.
Back then the dud rate was around 10% per shell or mortar bomb.
Guessing that Modern Fuse Rates are around .01% that is still How Many Duds out there?
How many vehicular and antipersonnel mines are out there
Recall that one man finding buried bodies in the woods, too.

Looking north to the World War II battlefield of Kursk and I just have to ask: Did they ever recover all the mines that were laid back then
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 3:52:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By DonKey153:

well hopefully the attrition ratios are favorable enough to do it long term.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DonKey153:
Originally Posted By Bama_Rebel:

When you want to eradicate pigs from your land. The best way is too draw as many as possible to a good spot. We call this, baiting the trap. A pig lives in an environment that's just not efficient to chase each one down, to kill it. It's best to get them to come to you, that way you can dispatch them, dispose of them and re-set the trap.

well hopefully the attrition ratios are favorable enough to do it long term.
Whats more important than just killing the Orcs in large numbers is the logistical cost this fighting around Bahkmut is for Russia. They must be burning up ungodly amounts of gear and equipment with all of these constant assaults. This was one of the things that surprised nations in WW1, was how fast you run out of things like rifles as they are lost or damaged in battle.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3453 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top