Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3458 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 3:42:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Videos are brutal today.

Russian literally drowns in shallow water after a drone grenade strike.

View Quote

Goes to war... Drowns in a shallow creek.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 3:43:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:

sadly i don't believe Ukraine has the command and control capability to coordinate a large assault like that.   perhaps i'm wrong.  but an 'american style' breakthrough using the equivalent of 4 to 6 'full strength' Brigade teams is outside their capability.  and then on top of that the ability to coordinate their effective movements / logistics.  

i was reviewing the numbers of what Ukraine had at the beginning of this war and subtracting out the 'combat losses' from the Oryx site and it doesn't look promising.  granted that's hard because the numbers vary so widely.  i played around with a mock penetration attack of ~50 miles (similar to our thunder Run to Baghdad) to divide the Russian front with a spear point down to Mariupol.  cut off the entire front into two pieces.  i could not find a way to make that happen successfully with no air support, helicopters, ADA etc.

i am very pro-Ukraine in mindset -- but the best at this point i'm thinking is 'localized' wins through attrition largely related to Russia's horrendous tactics.   just grinding casualties.

not trying to be a defeatist.  Ukraine has performed extremely well to blunt the invasion.   but holding that line with heavy casualties while simultaneously amassing the combat power for a major counter-offensive?  with no air support?   its obvious why Zelensky has asked for 300+ M1s and Bradleys.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By theskuh:

I hope to see some major tank breakthroughs and brads going to work in the near future. I think once the Russian lines are breeched all hell is going to break loose for them. The Ukes will drive the Himars right in behind the tanks and exploit the spearhead and tgats where it will look like last summer.

sadly i don't believe Ukraine has the command and control capability to coordinate a large assault like that.   perhaps i'm wrong.  but an 'american style' breakthrough using the equivalent of 4 to 6 'full strength' Brigade teams is outside their capability.  and then on top of that the ability to coordinate their effective movements / logistics.  

i was reviewing the numbers of what Ukraine had at the beginning of this war and subtracting out the 'combat losses' from the Oryx site and it doesn't look promising.  granted that's hard because the numbers vary so widely.  i played around with a mock penetration attack of ~50 miles (similar to our thunder Run to Baghdad) to divide the Russian front with a spear point down to Mariupol.  cut off the entire front into two pieces.  i could not find a way to make that happen successfully with no air support, helicopters, ADA etc.

i am very pro-Ukraine in mindset -- but the best at this point i'm thinking is 'localized' wins through attrition largely related to Russia's horrendous tactics.   just grinding casualties.

not trying to be a defeatist.  Ukraine has performed extremely well to blunt the invasion.   but holding that line with heavy casualties while simultaneously amassing the combat power for a major counter-offensive?  with no air support?   its obvious why Zelensky has asked for 300+ M1s and Bradleys.

I don’t think anyone here has unrealistic expectations of what Ukraine can do offensively.  Kharkiv showed they have challenges.
Wearing the Russians down with deep strike, isolating and controlling the chosen battlefield (like Kherson), is probably the safer play.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 3:46:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Dominion21:

Sad, because you are likely right: 2023 will not see the end of this.  And many more will needlessly die.

We should have given the Ukrainians more aid, and more quickly.

Now the risk is certain western elements will screech for negotiations instead of a decisive route of the Russians.
View Quote

That's why we're sending them more better weapons and talking about them taking back Crimea?
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 3:48:22 PM EDT
[#4]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FoTc7k0akAA6OkP?format=jpg&name=large

Video coming later.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FoTXpv9XoAgeL_H?format=jpg&name=900x900

View Quote

These guys are lined up follow-the-leader style like a kindergarten class on their way back to the art department after snack time.

They must not have enough functional radios, and they certainly don't have the training to coordinate their movement. A cluster of vehicles like that is an artillerists wet dream.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 3:52:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: theskuh] [#5]
Originally Posted By Capta:

I don't think anyone here has unrealistic expectations of what Ukraine can do offensively.  Kharkiv showed they have challenges.
Wearing the Russians down with deep strike, isolating and controlling the chosen battlefield (like Kherson), is probably the safer play.
View Quote

I think the wild card is the Russian ability to deal with the disruption of any effective offensive maneuvers. If the Ukrainians do start pushing will they be able to counter effectively or are the wheels going to totally fall off.  Maybe now they are better than in the fall but I feel like their ability to hold ground will be questionable once things start rolling and everything starts blowing up around them.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 3:53:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Sad, because you are likely right: 2023 will not see the end of this.  And many more will needlessly die.

We should have given the Ukrainians more aid, and more quickly.

Now the risk is certain western elements will screech for negotiations instead of a decisive route of the Russians.
View Quote

We should have started back in 2014 with equipment transfers and large-scale training. Guest units rotating through every CTC in NATO countries where we could find the training space. 7-8 years of training like that and they would have had multiple Brigades ready, and this whole thing might have been prevented.

Putin invaded BECAUSE he calculated he could get away with it, and that NATO efforts were insufficient and unserious (and he was partly right about that).
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 4:01:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By GiggleSmith:
Anybody remember those old Threads about French and Belgium farm fields being filled with unexploded World War I ordnance alone?
Miles and miles of countryside and farmland loaded with unexploded shells, mortar rounds and assorted small arm ammunition both fired and unfired.  There will be several decade-old rounds recovered in the upcoming planting season.
Let's not forget the occasional finding a bomb from Part 2.

I look at the pictures where there are shell craters or evidence of some artillery shell exploding and wonder how many duds are out there.
Back then the dud rate was around 10% per shell or mortar bomb.
Guessing that Modern Fuse Rates are around .01% that is still How Many Duds out there?
How many vehicular and antipersonnel mines are out there
Recall that one man finding buried bodies in the woods, too.

Looking north to the World War II battlefield of Kursk and I just have to ask: Did they ever recover all the mines that were laid back then
View Quote

The same well-intentioned anti-mine groups are the ones blocking the use of cluster munitions by the Ukrainian army. 2 problems:

- Russia ignores international norms, agreements, and treaties by using whatever weapon they want in Ukraine (short of bio/chem - that we know of), and

- Ukraine’s smaller recruit pool desperately needs cluster munitions against the current Russian human wave attacks.  I believe Putin wants all the prison inmate “volunteers” to die.  He is just using them to deplete Ukrainian ammo supplies.

But when the next Russian offensive is launched, Ukraine should have every option available to stop it; especially as it’s likely to be actual Rus military soldiers.  

Let Ukraine take off the gloves by giving them cluster munitions.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 4:14:06 PM EDT
[#8]

This clearly backs up Russia’s claim it will “tear up western tanks with our bare hands!” lol

That video was hilariously bad!
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 4:32:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Capta:
Girkin giving quite a pessimistic interview.  He’s always been frank (within his worldview) but he seems downright depressed, like he knows the situation is worse than he’s saying.

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1622176841468461056
View Quote

I was going to post something similar with regard to Girkin.

While he no doubt backs Russia and Putin in this, his public statements generally have an extremely rare trait for Russians:  truth.

In that very limited sense, his statements are a worthwhile indicator of the real situation on the ground.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 4:36:08 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

This.  WTF
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 4:36:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Bama_Rebel:

that looks pretty good. I'll check that out this week
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Easterner:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZIhRHSXtyU

Ukrainian movie that came out last year based on the 2014 invasion. I haven't seen it yet but i see it made its way to Netflix with subtitles.

Started off a little slow, but wasn't bad. Still living in the sequel. I had to watch it in Ukrainian, but I still enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 4:38:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#12]
More drone drops

You have an interesting air defense) rashists.

We all see

https://t.me/atesh_ua/347

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 4:40:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Tiberius:

They are on YouTube as well, found them a little bit ago but haven't had time to watch them.
View Quote
I watched them some time aago. I also found this classic. Hope this isn't a CoC

Volodymyr Zelenskyy 2016 Playing Piano with Penis

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 4:41:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By klinc:

View Quote

I think that was blood coming out of his mouth near the beginning after the nade hit, so I don't think he had much more time on this earth anyways
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 4:43:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Flogger23m:

Leopard 1s aren't nearly as good as the Leopard 2. But still can be a useful asset.

Canada had an upgrade program with thicker addon armor. I am assuming it can stop an RPG-18 or most RPG-7 projectiles.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/51/Leopard_C2_Canadian_Forces.jpg

While people might say an IFV with an ATGM is better, those often need to be still to fire and typically have 1 shot (Bradley has 2) before needing to expose someone to reload an external launcher. Those Leopard 1s aren't getting any newer and they have been kept in storage for years for a reason. May as well send them over because unless they're given away I don't think anyone would willingly pay for such a tank in 2023 anymore.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Flogger23m:
Originally Posted By xd675:
These are really starting to add up.

I’d been waiting to see the numbers Rheinmetall had in their possession.  Their inventory was pretty close to the Heer’s inventory at various times.

Leopard 1s aren't nearly as good as the Leopard 2. But still can be a useful asset.

Canada had an upgrade program with thicker addon armor. I am assuming it can stop an RPG-18 or most RPG-7 projectiles.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/51/Leopard_C2_Canadian_Forces.jpg

While people might say an IFV with an ATGM is better, those often need to be still to fire and typically have 1 shot (Bradley has 2) before needing to expose someone to reload an external launcher. Those Leopard 1s aren't getting any newer and they have been kept in storage for years for a reason. May as well send them over because unless they're given away I don't think anyone would willingly pay for such a tank in 2023 anymore.

Everyone is trashing Leopard 1s or calling them mere “defensive tanks.”

But in the history of tank warfare, the “on paper” capability of a tank rarely seems to match its real world performance in battle.

The Israelis, for example, frequently fielded “inferior” tanks, yet always managed to prevail.

In Desert Storm, the highest # of T-72s destroyed fell to Bradleys - a mere “troop truck” with a pop-gun and a couple missiles.

The last interaction of the Leopard 1 had thermal targeting systems bringing it close to Leopard 2 standards.  

The supposedly inferior armor?  OK - it’s not as thick.  But if your tactics lead you into a situation where your tank is taking multiple hits, I’d argue the problem won’t be solved (nor your life saved) with thicker armor alone.

Nothing wrong with the engines.  Believe it’s still faster than a T-72.

And the gun?  Haven’t the munitions been significantly upgraded?? Are we positive the 1 ‘s rounds just bounce off any part of a T-72?? ( doubt that’s true).
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 4:44:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#16]
More videos.

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 4:46:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Started off a little slow, but wasn't bad. Still living in the sequel. I had to watch it in Ukrainian, but I still enjoyed it.
View All Quotes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZIhRHSXtyU

Ukrainian movie that came out last year based on the 2014 invasion. I haven't seen it yet but i see it made its way to Netflix with subtitles.

I've gotten use to watching shows with CC on, so subtitles doesn't bother me anymore. I prefer it to the stupid sounding voice overs.

I got the patches a few weeks ago. Thanks.
good to see you back.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 4:48:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Prime:
There was a 7.8M earthquake last night in Turkey just north of Syria.

Israelis are all over it.

The Prime Minister's Office sends a message on behalf of Netanyahu: On behalf of all the citizens of Israel, I send my condolences to the citizens of Turkey in their difficult time following the earthquake that struck our region. At the request of the Turkish government, I instructed all authorities to prepare immediately to provide medical, rescue and rescue assistance. The delegation is expected to leave as soon as possible

On behalf of the State of Israel, I would like to express my deep sorrow to the Turkish people for the earthquake in southern Turkey. Our hearts are with those who were damaged by the earthquake. I commissioned our State Department to prepare an emergency aid program.

View Quote

Often overlooked is Jared Kushner’s tireless work in the Middle East, forging peace agreements between the Sunni-Arab nations, and Israel.

While Turkey is NOT an Arab state, it is mostly Sunni.  Turkey does not harbor the hatred it once did against Israel.  

I also suspect (without evidence, which is probably classified) that Israel is helping out behind the scenes, while maintaining “plausible deniability.”
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 4:58:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 5:28:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Losses around Bahkmut… the life of a Russian soldier buys them a single gain of about 6” each. Two lives to take a foot.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 5:30:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

This.  WTF
View Quote

People don't want Ukrainian kids stepping on the unexplored bomblets 5 years from now. It sounds like the things become land mines if they don't blow up when they hit. At least that's what I've heard.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 5:40:21 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote
Man. One plant? That is a shit ton of ordinance if you ask me. When they say 90, 000 is that code for 900,000?
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 5:44:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By sq40:
Losses around Bahkmut… the life of a Russian soldier buys them a single gain of about 6” each. Two lives to take a foot.
View Quote

So the russians are still advancing while getting rid of people they don't want anyway.
I'm hoping the russian economy cracks and brings this to an end because they have no shortage of people to sacrifice.

I was listening to Combat Veteran Reacts on youtube today. He was an officer, a planner. He thinks russia is starting to plan to wrap things up. He figures pretty soon russia is going to declare victory, say they get to keep all the land they took, and I assume accuse Ukraine of being abusive if they try to push the russians out.
If russia is actually thinking about that, then maybe it's because this war is currently too expensive with the sanctions in place.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 5:46:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Evil_Chaos:
Man. One plant? That is a shit ton of ordinance if you ask me. When they say 90, 000 is that code for 900,000?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Evil_Chaos:

It all adds up, you have multiple plants here and in Europe and South Korea all trying to triple output since this past summer.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 5:54:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Hking:

I think that was blood coming out of his mouth near the beginning after the nade hit, so I don't think he had much more time on this earth anyways
View All Quotes

Yeah noticed that... either good bit of brain damage and/or already drowning in his own blood the way he was flopping around.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 6:12:11 PM EDT
[#26]

Yeah noticed that... either good bit of brain damage and/or already drowning in his own blood the way he was flopping around.
View All Quotes

There is a longer video, that explains what happened, they got hit with multiple grenades.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/10vglci/two_russian_soldiers_fall_into_a_creek_while/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 6:19:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

People don't want Ukrainian kids stepping on the unexplored bomblets 5 years from now. It sounds like the things become land mines if they don't blow up when they hit. At least that's what I've heard.
View All Quotes

This.  WTF

The Russians have been using cluster munitions since day 1, including on population centers. If the Ukrainians want to use them to defend their country, that's their decision.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 6:22:12 PM EDT
[#28]

There is a longer video, that explains what happened, they got hit with multiple grenades.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/10vglci/two_russian_soldiers_fall_into_a_creek_while/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb

View Quote
Wow, that brutal watching how quick drowning death came on. Video quality being better than the old clip made it much more brutal.

Link for no reddit log in

https://old.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/10vglci/two_russian_soldiers_fall_into_a_creek_while/
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 6:23:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

The Russians have been using cluster munitions since day 1, including on population centers. If the Ukrainians want to use them to defend their country, that's their decision.
View Quote
Yea, I think you have to deal with the most pressing problem first. Better to deal with UXO in a free Ukraine, than deal with a Russian occupied Ukraine.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 6:23:43 PM EDT
[#30]

The same well-intentioned anti-mine groups are the ones blocking the use of cluster munitions by the Ukrainian army. 2 problems:

- Russia ignores international norms, agreements, and treaties by using whatever weapon they want in Ukraine (short of bio/chem - that we know of), and

- Ukraine's smaller recruit pool desperately needs cluster munitions against the current Russian human wave attacks.  I believe Putin wants all the prison inmate "volunteers" to die.  He is just using them to deplete Ukrainian ammo supplies.

But when the next Russian offensive is launched, Ukraine should have every option available to stop it; especially as it's likely to be actual Rus military soldiers.  

View Quote

If there are Soviet era cluster munitions anywhere in a former Warsaw nation they should be gathered up and moved into Ukraine through unofficial channels.

If the russians want to make an issue of Ukraine using them on orcs Ukraine can just say they are battlefield captured ordinance being returned to it's rightful owners.

And as far as Wagner/prisoner personnel being used to deplete Ukrainian ammo supplies NATO should publicly announce a "Doritos policy" for the invaders of Ukraine.  "Eat all you want. We'll make more."

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 6:25:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#31]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
Wow, that brutal watching how quick drowning death came on. Video quality being better than the old clip made it much more brutal.

https://old.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/10vglci/two_russian_soldiers_fall_into_a_creek_while/
View All Quotes

There is a lot of footage that came out today, I didn't  post some of them because they are Ukrainian drones flying close and counting Russian casualties in the fields.

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 6:29:13 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

It kinda looks like he was seizing. Was the other guy buried under the big pile of reeds? The editing chops out the progression from the airburst F-1 to the flopapotamus.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 6:30:25 PM EDT
[#33]

I was listening to Combat Veteran Reacts on youtube today. He was an officer, a planner. He thinks russia is starting to plan to wrap things up. He figures pretty soon russia is going to declare victory, say they get to keep all the land they took, and I assume accuse Ukraine of being abusive if they try to push the russians out.
If russia is actually thinking about that, then maybe it's because this war is currently too expensive with the sanctions in place.
View Quote

That would be like a bank robber being interrupted in the middle of a heist and asking to go home with the money he already stuffed into his pockets.

I don't think so vlad.

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 6:31:46 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

looked like a seizure.  Either way brutal.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 6:34:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Goodn:

View Quote
I thought panic, but you very well could be right. Can the cold water bring on seizure?
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 6:35:37 PM EDT
[#36]

It kinda looks like he was seizing. Was the other guy buried under the big pile of reeds? The editing chops out the progression from the airburst F-1 to the flopapotamus.
View All Quotes

It looks like the 1st guy was more badly injured and the 2nd guy was trying to pull him as he kept sinking.  Camera cuts to 2nd guy that may have left the 1st one as he then has problems of his own.  Just brutal stuff today.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 6:36:30 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

What happened to the second guy? There was one guy trying to drag along his wounded buddy. Then the video cuts to the one dude all by himself. The video says both end up drowning but we only actually see what happens to just one of them.

Geez. What a fucked up video. The guy we see drown was likely fucked anyway, as he had blood coming from his mouth and possibly other areas. But he thrashed around in that water for nearly a minute before he finally stopped moving. I bet that seemed like an eternity for the poor bastard. I don't understand why he didn't try to roll over and get on his knees where he could push himself up. His legs and arms were obviously working. But I guess the dude just panicked. He was already seriously wounded, in pain, and in ice cold water with his clothing and gear waterlogged and weighing him down. I suppose being able to think in such a situation isn't a given. But damn, what a shitty way to go.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 6:37:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By sq40:
View Quote

Where did you get that from?

They have lost 32000 since right before Christmas. That would mean they have advanced 3 miles using your claim. Where did this advancement occur?
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 6:40:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:

What happened to the second guy? There was one guy trying to drag along his wounded buddy. Then the video cuts to the one dude all by himself. The video says both end up drowning but we only actually see what happens to just one of them.

Geez. What a fucked up video. The guy we see drown was likely fucked anyway, as he had blood coming from his mouth and possibly other areas. But he thrashed around in that water for nearly a minute before he finally stopped moving. I bet that seemed like an eternity for the poor bastard. I don't understand why he didn't try to roll over and get on his knees where he could push himself up. His legs and arms were obviously working. But I guess the dude just panicked. He was already seriously wounded, in pain, and in ice cold water with his clothing and gear waterlogged and weighing him down. I suppose being able to think in such a situation isn't a given. But damn, what a shitty way to go.
View All Quotes

It looked like the water was about chest deep. Short of clawing his way up the bank, he was stuck.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 6:54:39 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

Looked like the other guy was under the reed pile where they zoomed in at the 1:28 mark?
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 6:57:53 PM EDT
[#41]
I thought panic, but you very well could be right. Can the cold water bring on seizure?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Goodn:

I've surfed in some pretty cold water. Arms and legs felt like useless rubber after a while, with a wetsuit. I would imagine it didn't help. Probably numb.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 6:59:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dominion21] [#42]

View All Quotes

I hope to see some major tank breakthroughs and brads going to work in the near future. I think once the Russian lines are breeched all hell is going to break loose for them. The Ukes will drive the Himars right in behind the tanks and exploit the spearhead and tgats where it will look like last summer.

I do not think you are being defeatist, and thank you for looking into this / crunching the numbers.

I believe your military experience is a double-edge sword though.

- US military vets think in one way, and one way only (at least for hypotheticals like we are discussing here).  What I mean is:  you think only in terms of US equipment, following strict U.S. doctrine, and estimating ( or way over-estimating) Russian capabilities & strengths, to predict outcomes.

None of that matches the reality, because:

- the Russians have proven far weaker, far more disorganized, and far more demoralized than our conservative US .mil estimates.  Their equipment is in worse shape than expected.  Their training has either been forgotten, or it never existed.

One post hundreds of pages back, showed a 1960s era Soviet battle-doctrine manual captured on the battlefield in Ukraine from a dead Russian soldier ie - they are predictable and rigid in how they are fighting.

We, in the US, assume we need X-number of US forces, to overcome X-number of Russia’s finest, with the best equipment and best training.  Then planners probably ADD 25% to their estimate, because no one wants the blame for a military disaster.  

But again:  the reality on the ground is so different as to render our traditional style of attack planning largely useless.

HOWEVER:  I do have some faith in the joint Ukrainian command (with foreign advisor help

Whoever is making decisions seem capable and aware.  They largely seem a step ahead of thr Russians oftentimes.

The ability of such a small, underprepared country to fight off the Russian army for so long, speaks well of their command.

Seems to me both sides are planning offensives in the coming months.  Hoping the Ukrainians can tilt this war decisively in their favor, and retake their land.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 7:00:05 PM EDT
[#43]

This.  WTF
View All Quotes

This.  WTF

I thought we have seen video of use?

Via someone's stocks.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 7:01:33 PM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 7:16:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 7:19:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

Via someone's stocks.
View Quote

There was a video of some sort of air bursting cluster used against trenches. I think it was something homegrown? I can't remember.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 7:21:28 PM EDT
[#47]

Damn that is nuts. Here have a grenade in your crotch.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 7:27:32 PM EDT
[#48]

I've surfed in some pretty cold water. Arms and legs felt like useless rubber after a while, with a wetsuit. I would imagine it didn't help. Probably numb.
View Quote
Your avatar threw me off this morning...awesome illustration
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 7:28:38 PM EDT
[#49]

1st response.

Honestly.. This is probably the most fucked up day I've seen on this sub. Today so far brought this video, the guy running away on fire, and the drowning video.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 7:29:31 PM EDT
[#50]

There was a video of some sort of air bursting cluster used against trenches. I think it was something homegrown? I can't remember.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

Via someone's stocks.

It was a 120mm Israeli cluster mortar round with 24 submunition.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3458 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top