Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3462 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 2/7/2023 10:45:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4xGM300m] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
View Quote

But who will pay for these tanks?

Link Posted: 2/7/2023 10:45:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 10:46:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#3]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I think they are coming out of old stocks that may not all be in Germany.  If anyone is going to pay for them, it will probably come out of a fund in these European countries designated for Ukrainian weapons.

Edit: everyone is cleaning out their garages.

Link Posted: 2/7/2023 10:50:18 AM EDT
[#4]

"Look at 5 brave comrads, all jump on grenade for the glory of mother russia"
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 10:50:42 AM EDT
[#5]
https://i.imgur.com/S4o51iY.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/DoX7Fp8.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Emi7qt1.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/yXhV6Tb.jpg

The "hidden Heroes" of this war:
Bomb disposal Dogs and their handlers.

The black dog is named Capt Obvious?
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 10:51:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Thread in tweet on Ukrainian training in the UK and their weapons.

Link Posted: 2/7/2023 10:54:17 AM EDT
[#7]

I agree, until they actually can't.

These Russian offensives usually only have enough steam to push for two to three weeks before they run out of supplies to the front to sustain them.  It happened to Wagner in Bakhmut, and now the Russian regular army is being attrited.

Add in the interesting info from the British Mod posted above about the Russians lacking maneuver elements and trying to make offensive pushes along an extended line and you can predict that this is going to fail for the Russians soon.

I'm just glad that we have the Ukrainians training on large maneuver forces and working with combined arms training for their upcoming offensives.

https://www.defense.gov/News/News-Stories/Article/Article/3248075/us-plans-combined-arms-training-for-ukrainian-soldiers/

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:
Originally Posted By Paraflare:
As much as we appreciate the large numbers, my assumption must be that UKR would have an uptick in casualties as well; especially during large RUS offensives.

I'd ask we all remember that.

I also have to remind myself when I get excited about the large numbers that Russia doesn't give a single fuck about those numbers. It could be 5,000 Russians dead everyday and the war would continue. As long as they're gaining inches, they'll continue to fight and die indefinitely.

These Russian offensives usually only have enough steam to push for two to three weeks before they run out of supplies to the front to sustain them.  It happened to Wagner in Bakhmut, and now the Russian regular army is being attrited.

Add in the interesting info from the British Mod posted above about the Russians lacking maneuver elements and trying to make offensive pushes along an extended line and you can predict that this is going to fail for the Russians soon.

I'm just glad that we have the Ukrainians training on large maneuver forces and working with combined arms training for their upcoming offensives.

https://www.defense.gov/News/News-Stories/Article/Article/3248075/us-plans-combined-arms-training-for-ukrainian-soldiers/

"[This] is a logical next step in our ongoing training efforts, which began in 2014, to build the Ukrainian armed forces capacity," Pentagon Press Secretary Air Force Brig. Gen. Pat Ryder said during a briefing today. "While there's an understandable focus on the equipment being provided to Ukraine, training is and has been essential to ensuring Ukraine has the skilled forces necessary to better defend themselves."

Soldiers from U.S. Army Europe and Africa Command's 7th Army Training Command will provide the combined arms and joint maneuver training, Ryder said. It's expected that training will happen at U.S. ranges in Germany and will begin in the January timeframe.

The Ukrainians will determine which service members from Ukraine's armed forces will participate in the training, Ryder said, but it's expected about 500 Ukrainians a month will participate.

"What you can expect to see is that we will ... bring in battalion-sized units, and it will begin with things like live fire exercises, followed by squad, platoon and company level training that will then culminate in battalion-level maneuver training," said Ryder. "Importantly, it will also include battalion headquarters staff training."

Training, he said, will begin with classroom exercises and then shift to practical applications in the field beginning with work amongst the lowest-level units and working up to larger-unit training.

"You've heard Secretary Austin talk about that the equipment is important, but it's how to take that equipment and apply it in the field in a way that's going to enable you to do combined arms and achieve decisive effects on the battlefield," he said. "This training will contribute to that."

I'm glad we are, too. That's what it's going to take. The Russian won't feel any pain until they're dying by the bushel and losing ground.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 10:55:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't know which model of Stryker's the Ukrainians are getting, but this model can clear trenches.

Link Posted: 2/7/2023 10:57:20 AM EDT
[#9]

I'm glad we are, too. That's what it's going to take. The Russian won't feel any pain until they're dying by the bushel and losing ground.
View All Quotes
As much as we appreciate the large numbers, my assumption must be that UKR would have an uptick in casualties as well; especially during large RUS offensives.

I also have to remind myself when I get excited about the large numbers that Russia doesn't give a single fuck about those numbers. It could be 5,000 Russians dead everyday and the war would continue. As long as they're gaining inches, they'll continue to fight and die indefinitely.

"[This] is a logical next step in our ongoing training efforts, which began in 2014, to build the Ukrainian armed forces capacity," Pentagon Press Secretary Air Force Brig. Gen. Pat Ryder said during a briefing today. "While there's an understandable focus on the equipment being provided to Ukraine, training is and has been essential to ensuring Ukraine has the skilled forces necessary to better defend themselves."

Soldiers from U.S. Army Europe and Africa Command's 7th Army Training Command will provide the combined arms and joint maneuver training, Ryder said. It's expected that training will happen at U.S. ranges in Germany and will begin in the January timeframe.

The Ukrainians will determine which service members from Ukraine's armed forces will participate in the training, Ryder said, but it's expected about 500 Ukrainians a month will participate.

"What you can expect to see is that we will ... bring in battalion-sized units, and it will begin with things like live fire exercises, followed by squad, platoon and company level training that will then culminate in battalion-level maneuver training," said Ryder. "Importantly, it will also include battalion headquarters staff training."

Training, he said, will begin with classroom exercises and then shift to practical applications in the field beginning with work amongst the lowest-level units and working up to larger-unit training.

"You've heard Secretary Austin talk about that the equipment is important, but it's how to take that equipment and apply it in the field in a way that's going to enable you to do combined arms and achieve decisive effects on the battlefield," he said. "This training will contribute to that."

I have a suspicion that one of secret aids we provide to Ukraine is the better training, and I have a feeling that the numbers the West are claiming to train is actually under reported.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 10:57:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Evil_Chaos] [#10]
Lighten the mood?

I ran across hhis pic and and can't figure out if it is a mobiks favorite meal or a pic of Putin (dick tater)

https://i.imgur.com/95RO4Dy.jpeg
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 11:01:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Jack67:

I thought the same a moment, but this was at the bottom of the article.  Must have left to do something else, then called right back.  Not out of the range.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By craig19:

He was 44 years old, but was a retired MG?

I thought the same a moment, but this was at the bottom of the article.  Must have left to do something else, then called right back.  Not out of the range.

Reports last year named the following top brass killed in the war: Lt-Gen Yakov Rezantsev, 48, Maj-Gen Andrei Kolesnikov, 45, Maj-Gen Andrey Sukhovetsky, , Maj-Gen Vitaly Gerasimov, 44, Maj-Gen Vladimir Frolov, 54, Maj-Gen Andrei Simonov, 55, Maj-Gen Oleg Mityaev, 48, Maj-Gen Kanamat Botashev, 63, and Maj-Gen Roman Kutuzov, 53.

Damn, they have some young generals. Makes you wonder how quickly they were promoted and what their experience level really is. It could explain a lot of the incompetence.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 11:01:40 AM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 2/7/2023 11:02:05 AM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

I'm kinda surprised we haven't seen a push for US manufacturers to roll out about 1 million M4 Carbines. Ukrainians slotting commies with Primary Arms and Anderson M4s would be glorious.

Link Posted: 2/7/2023 11:03:52 AM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 2/7/2023 11:06:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#15]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

I'm kinda surprised we haven't seen a push for US manufacturers to roll out about 1 million M4 Carbines. Ukrainians slotting commies with Primary Arms and Anderson M4s would be glorious.

View All Quotes

I think it's because there's just so many weapons readily available that we don't have to increase production for these.

Ukrainian Army Now Issuing M16A4s
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 11:09:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#16]
looks like the kamikaze drone was a Switchblade, or a Polish Warmate.

Link Posted: 2/7/2023 11:11:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By craig19:
He was 44 years old, but was a retired MG?
View Quote

MG is a 1-star rank in Russia
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 11:14:34 AM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 2/7/2023 11:14:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Balloon is popped
View Quote

I wish they had tried to skyhook it, that woulda been cool...and made it a bit easier to recover all the technology (such as it is).
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 11:15:08 AM EDT
[#20]

I have a suspicion that one of secret aids we provide to Ukraine is the better training, and I have a feeling that the numbers the West are claiming to train is actually under reported.
View All Quotes

I hope so.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 11:21:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Russian information ops.

Link Posted: 2/7/2023 11:24:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Freiheit8472:
Cold Russian. Reddit (live pow)

Several impacts looking like AP rockets from manpads.
Artillery taking out Ivan

Revolution of dignity participant fallen in Luhansk.
Reddit link

Bodies of dagistani (pro Russian) soldiers.
Reddit link

Russian truck crashes into mil convoy
Russian truck crash
Oops
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/539199/0B2F43D8-B3B1-4EE5-B7C4-1F990B540501-2698945.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/539199/1C0801D4-F2FC-456D-91FA-6056B7608E80-2698946.jpg
View Quote

Russian drivers and dashcams never get old.

Link Posted: 2/7/2023 11:34:07 AM EDT
[#23]
https://www.srf.ch/news/schweiz/schweizer-waffenexporte-im-moment-scheint-der-ganze-ruestungsexport-wegzubrechen

Attachment Attached File

"At the moment the whole arms export seems to be falling away"
In the middle of the discussion as to whether other countries should be allowed to pass on Swiss weapons, the armaments industry came up with a new demand. She wants to be allowed to supply NATO countries, even if they are involved in a conflict because of an alliance. Critics fear for neutrality.

Author: Nathalie Christen

Friday, 2/3/2023, 10:37 p.m

Share on Facebook (external link, popup)Share on Twitter (external link, popup)Share with Whatsapp
This article has been shared 19 times.
"The need in the Swiss armaments industry is huge," says Matthias Zoller, Secretary General for armaments industry at Swissmem, the machine industry association. "At the moment the whole export seems to be falling away."

No Swiss company can give this guarantee anymore.
Author: Matthias Zoller
Secretary General for armaments industry at Swissmem
Each of the 12 largest defense contractors has an instance or two where they were not invited to make a bid when they should have been. Or the countries set unfulfillable conditions: "I've seen for myself that written guarantees are sometimes required: that weapon systems may be passed on or that the recipient country will also be supplied if it is in an armed conflict," says Zoller. “No Swiss company can give this guarantee anymore.”

Industry is heard in politics
Because in autumn 2021, Parliament tightened the Swiss War Material Act. It bans arms exports without exception if "the country of destination is involved in an internal or international armed conflict". With this new wording it is clear: Should the NATO alliance occur because, for example, Russia also attacks a NATO state like Latvia, no NATO state should be supplied. "Regardless of whether such an alliance actually occurs or not, our customers measure us against it," says Zoller. "We therefore have to talk not only about re-exports, but also about direct exports."

The industry is heard by Thomas Rechsteiner, member of the Appenzell Central National Council, president of the parliamentary working group on security and defense technology. "I'm planning to do this," he says, "because an independent armaments industry is important for our army."

Great resistance programmed
But the resistance is likely to be great. "It's no wonder that the arms industry is using the moment to question the tightening again," says Green Councilor Lisa Mazzone. “But Parliament must ensure neutrality. It would be very dangerous to question this now."

To what extent would neutrality be endangered? The Swiss War Material Act is stricter than the rules that apply internationally to neutral states. That is why the easing advocates see leeway without violating the law of neutrality.

In practice, most likely, there is no margin.
Author: Evelyne Schmid
Professor of international law at the University of Lausanne
"Purely in theory, there might be some leeway," says international law professor Evelyne Schmid from the University of Lausanne. "But in practice, most likely not." Because in the hypothetical case of an alliance, one would have to assume that at least all the important NATO states would be warring parties. "If Switzerland wants to be neutral, it would have to treat all warring parties, including Russia, equally when it comes to arms exports."

10vor10, 2/3/2023, 9:50 p.m
View Quote

Translated with google

Link Posted: 2/7/2023 11:36:24 AM EDT
[#24]
I don't know which model of Stryker's the Ukrainians are getting, but this model can clear trenches.

View Quote

I saw a photo op pic a few days ago and it looked like standard models in the background. The list for the aid package also had unnamed TOW vehicles so no idea if those are Hummers, M901 or M1134.

Link Posted: 2/7/2023 11:37:41 AM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 2/7/2023 11:51:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By grambosc:

Hopefully they can get some more of such mortar rounds from unclear sources and in massive but unclear numbers.  Maybe it would finally get some other potential sources to release the cluster munitions they could be offering, like the tank dithering between DE and US.

Also, welcome back gentlemanfarmer !  Glad to hear you're alive and kicking.  Got another donation inbound to your wife's USinUA foundation as well.  (It's actually literal "blood money" from the $50 prepaid gift card the local blood drive gave me for donating a pint.)
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By grambosc:
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:
Originally Posted By theskuh:
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

I thought we have seen video of use?

Via someone's stocks.

There was a video of some sort of air bursting cluster used against trenches. I think it was something homegrown? I can't remember.

Israeli mortar round of some sort, IIRC. Who gave it to the Ukrainians is unclear and will likely remain unclear indefinitely.

Hopefully they can get some more of such mortar rounds from unclear sources and in massive but unclear numbers.  Maybe it would finally get some other potential sources to release the cluster munitions they could be offering, like the tank dithering between DE and US.

Also, welcome back gentlemanfarmer !  Glad to hear you're alive and kicking.  Got another donation inbound to your wife's USinUA foundation as well.  (It's actually literal "blood money" from the $50 prepaid gift card the local blood drive gave me for donating a pint.)

Thanks so much, that’s a serious sacrifice. Getting phlembodied. I’m not kidding, never liked the process myself. We need it for sure. As we speak my garage is half full with trauma and surgical supplies. We’re working on third party shipper. Cool group I’ll post more about after it happens but let’s just say there are some really old warrior monks still fighting the tartars. In anyevent I have to get this stuff to its port of call. No small task. Thanks to the lurker here for taking his weekend and many hours collecting to bring the stuff heat. An example of my typical weekend for the last year.

I’ll be updating on 68 brigade, we have an alternate to the radios that they should get in the next two weeks. They were very satusfied with the alternative. Motorola is still - on supplies. I also notice lots of new shined Motorolas on some Wagners. I’m sure they’re using third parties but the diversion of dual use tech from the west is disturbing. The number of Lowa boot sales in Russia must be in hundreds of thousands. Not cool Lowa. Figure it out. Looks bad. Same for Crye and Uf pro. Maybe you can’t stop it all but come on if some crack is tan is ordering 10,000 plus boots, uniforms you might want to hit the pause button.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 11:57:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

No idea.

But something I've thought about frequently, if I was living in the EU in some tough gun control country, I'd be extremely tempted to get to Ukraine and try and snag an AK to bring home.

Could totally see many people in and out of Ukraine who might want to snag some AK's and ammo even in that price range.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DPeacher:
"Illegally sold weapons: a criminal gang was exposed in Odessa

The investigation found that the three men had organized the illegal sale of weapons and ammunition. They kept the entire "range" at the home of one of their comrades.

The police documented the sale of two Kalashnikov assault rifles and cartridges for 150,000 hryvnias. The indictment against the two defendants was sent to court. The third was put on the wanted list."

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2023-02-06_14-18-10_jpg-2701179.JPG

That's about $4072.19.  How much ammo do you reckon was included with that deal?

No idea.

But something I've thought about frequently, if I was living in the EU in some tough gun control country, I'd be extremely tempted to get to Ukraine and try and snag an AK to bring home.

Could totally see many people in and out of Ukraine who might want to snag some AK's and ammo even in that price range.

It would be a bad idea. The border has a lot of ISR on it. Don’t try this for many reasons as you’ll likely end up in prison. Take a trip to Serbia or Montenegro or something if needs must. Join a ww2 reneactor group. Buying stuff in Ukraine isn’t likely to end well.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 12:03:31 PM EDT
[#28]

I think they are coming out of old stocks that may not all be in Germany.  If anyone is going to pay for them, it will probably come out of a fund in these European countries designated for Ukrainian weapons.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FoXhTq3XwAADc3c?format=png&name=large

View Quote

A warehouse full of retired tanks that no one is using or even has plans for and it's going to take a few months to get them to Ukraine?  Better tell poopin to hold up, not quite ready for him yet.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 12:04:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

It’s unlikely that something better than M900 could be developed. The muzzle velocity is as low as you’d want to go and industry was talking about needing a new high pressure 105mm to do any better, at that point get a 120mm. In the mid
80s CIA and USA produced different estimates of what percentage of 105mm rounds would penetrate then current T-72 from the front. CIA thought 10-25% and Army thought closing in on 50%. When they got ahold of sample tanks to shoot in 1992 they discovered that M829A1, thick already had 20% better performance than 105mm, wasn’t enough and rushed M829A2 into service. Short version, don’t expect 105mm to penetrate a late model Russian tank from the front, at all.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:
Originally Posted By Dominion21:

….
And the gun?  Haven’t the munitions been significantly upgraded?? Are we positive the 1 ‘s rounds just bounce off any part of a T-72?? ( doubt that’s true).

I started looking into that the other day.  Not an expert but read the following:

TL,DR: 105mm development stopped, in most places,  in the early 90s; but by then could get performance on par with early 120mm ammo.  Wide variety out there.

There were plenty of different sabot rounds developed for it.  Technology relatively current to present 120mm ammo, just lacking in power factor and evolutionary tweaks made since those days. Should be more than adequate.  The Israelis continued developing rounds into the early/mid ‘00s. A pretty comprehensive list of rounds developed of all types is here:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/105%C3%97617mmR#Ammunition

A while back I read a fair bit about tank-on-tank in DS and 2003, particular eye to ammo performance.  One thing that stuck out to me was the number of through-and-through hits with 120mm DU.  Here’s a link to the current GD 105mm tungsten round:

https://www.gd-ots.com/munitions/large-caliber-ammunition/105mm-c76a1/

It’s using a penetrator 80% the weight of the 120mm penetrator. Let’s assume the same V.  It’s likely going to be more than adequate, and have similar performance vs ERA (e.g., it will be defeated at a similar rate, where defeated).  This is the updated version of the “FP105” round listed in the first link, btw.  In general, it’s not going to be the gun/ammo in a 1A5 that is a limit, it will be the FCS and turret stabilization, etc.

It’s unlikely that something better than M900 could be developed. The muzzle velocity is as low as you’d want to go and industry was talking about needing a new high pressure 105mm to do any better, at that point get a 120mm. In the mid
80s CIA and USA produced different estimates of what percentage of 105mm rounds would penetrate then current T-72 from the front. CIA thought 10-25% and Army thought closing in on 50%. When they got ahold of sample tanks to shoot in 1992 they discovered that M829A1, thick already had 20% better performance than 105mm, wasn’t enough and rushed M829A2 into service. Short version, don’t expect 105mm to penetrate a late model Russian tank from the front, at all.

This, the fallacy of easily penetrating T series comes from gulf war. The reality is that there are a lot of different armor varieties inside each variant. A T64/T80/T90/T84 with composites and knife or kontacktv isn’t going to get penetration in a lot of places. The 105 and a lot of our stuff failed post 89 testing. They have only improved it. Are there still plain steel ones around? Yes, but you might go up against a T80bvm or T90am m and it will take a bunch of he or maybe a flank shot, mine,  or other ATGM to diss able or kill it.

I have to keep beating the T64 T80 T90 is not the t72 horse.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 12:12:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Bama_Rebel:

View All Quotes

Whose stupid idea was that for a 5 sitting in one hole....oh well
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 12:19:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Chaingun] [#31]
looks like the kamikaze drone was a Switchblade, or a Polish Warmate.

View Quote
Looks like a Warmate, too big for an S300.  Still haven't seen an S600 in action
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 12:25:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Chaingun:

It appears to be a mechanized crew along with dismounts. One is wearing a tanker/BMP crew helmet. They most likely bailed and hid after their tank/BMP got disabled.

Sitting ducks.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 12:26:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 12:27:44 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/7/2023 12:29:06 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote
Those AR-M9 are basically a side-folding version of the SAM5, pretty cool.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 12:31:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Easterner] [#36]
https://www.srf.ch/news/schweiz/schweizer-waffenexporte-im-moment-scheint-der-ganze-ruestungsexport-wegzubrechen

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/2czrhbk-8.jpg

"At the moment the whole arms export seems to be falling away"
In the middle of the discussion as to whether other countries should be allowed to pass on Swiss weapons, the armaments industry came up with a new demand. She wants to be allowed to supply NATO countries, even if they are involved in a conflict because of an alliance. Critics fear for neutrality.

Author: Nathalie Christen

Friday, 2/3/2023, 10:37 p.m

Share on Facebook (external link, popup)Share on Twitter (external link, popup)Share with Whatsapp
This article has been shared 19 times.
"The need in the Swiss armaments industry is huge," says Matthias Zoller, Secretary General for armaments industry at Swissmem, the machine industry association. "At the moment the whole export seems to be falling away."

No Swiss company can give this guarantee anymore.
Author: Matthias Zoller
Secretary General for armaments industry at Swissmem
Each of the 12 largest defense contractors has an instance or two where they were not invited to make a bid when they should have been. Or the countries set unfulfillable conditions: "I've seen for myself that written guarantees are sometimes required: that weapon systems may be passed on or that the recipient country will also be supplied if it is in an armed conflict," says Zoller. “No Swiss company can give this guarantee anymore.”

Industry is heard in politics
Because in autumn 2021, Parliament tightened the Swiss War Material Act. It bans arms exports without exception if "the country of destination is involved in an internal or international armed conflict". With this new wording it is clear: Should the NATO alliance occur because, for example, Russia also attacks a NATO state like Latvia, no NATO state should be supplied. "Regardless of whether such an alliance actually occurs or not, our customers measure us against it," says Zoller. "We therefore have to talk not only about re-exports, but also about direct exports."

The industry is heard by Thomas Rechsteiner, member of the Appenzell Central National Council, president of the parliamentary working group on security and defense technology. "I'm planning to do this," he says, "because an independent armaments industry is important for our army."

Great resistance programmed
But the resistance is likely to be great. "It's no wonder that the arms industry is using the moment to question the tightening again," says Green Councilor Lisa Mazzone. “But Parliament must ensure neutrality. It would be very dangerous to question this now."

To what extent would neutrality be endangered? The Swiss War Material Act is stricter than the rules that apply internationally to neutral states. That is why the easing advocates see leeway without violating the law of neutrality.

In practice, most likely, there is no margin.
Author: Evelyne Schmid
Professor of international law at the University of Lausanne
"Purely in theory, there might be some leeway," says international law professor Evelyne Schmid from the University of Lausanne. "But in practice, most likely not." Because in the hypothetical case of an alliance, one would have to assume that at least all the important NATO states would be warring parties. "If Switzerland wants to be neutral, it would have to treat all warring parties, including Russia, equally when it comes to arms exports."

10vor10, 2/3/2023, 9:50 p.m

Translated with google

What the fuck is up with Switzerland and this we're neutral  schtick? Is there weapons industry catering to competition shooters and the tank Olympics?

What do they think countries are buying shit for?!
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 12:33:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#37]
Originally Posted By johnh57:

A warehouse full of retired tanks that no one is using or even has plans for and it's going to take a few months to get them to Ukraine?  Better tell poopin to hold up, not quite ready for him yet.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By johnh57:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FoXhTq3XwAADc3c?format=png&name=large

Just keep in mind that's what we're all being led to believe.  "The GMSDB will take 9 months to get there."    "These tanks are in bad condition and won't be on time."

I know from experience that if you know something needs refurbished, it can sometimes be done quicker than it first appears.  

I think every effort is actually being made by Western forces and Ukraine to have everything they need for this Spring, not next Spring.

These actually don't look so bad, kept in temperature controlled warehouses and out of the weather.

Link Posted: 2/7/2023 12:40:17 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

that thing is pure, uncaring hate.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 12:40:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 12:43:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Drone factory in Latvia on fire.
“Edge Autonomy”.

Link Posted: 2/7/2023 12:52:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Haub:
View Quote

We should consider letting Shell and Chevron do the same, create their own militias.  Worst that could happen is Houston gets cleaned up, and maybe even the border mess secured.  Not a bad idea.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 12:55:53 PM EDT
[#42]

Next do a Bradley
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 12:59:42 PM EDT
[#43]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FoTzrebXEBwJgVD?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

He's actually 23 years old
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 1:00:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 1:03:35 PM EDT
[#45]

No idea.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DPeacher:
"Illegally sold weapons: a criminal gang was exposed in Odessa

The investigation found that the three men had organized the illegal sale of weapons and ammunition. They kept the entire "range" at the home of one of their comrades.

The police documented the sale of two Kalashnikov assault rifles and cartridges for 150,000 hryvnias. The indictment against the two defendants was sent to court. The third was put on the wanted list."

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2023-02-06_14-18-10_jpg-2701179.JPG

That's about $4072.19.  How much ammo do you reckon was included with that deal?

No idea.

A functioning AK is about 4-5k USD a piece on the black market in northern Europe, depending on your connections.

Hand grenades are about 50-100 USD a piece.

Don't know the going rate for the rest of it, but it would be of interest to gangs here.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 1:04:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By AgeOne:

View Quote

Is that Lee Ermey standing in front of the Stryker??
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 1:10:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Haub:
View Quote

Russia will eventually devolve into regional/Corp warlords. We just need to make sure the nukes are secured
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 1:10:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By 4thUSMC:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 4thUSMC:
Originally Posted By AgeOne:

I would not be surprised if that was.

Link Posted: 2/7/2023 1:18:04 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

I'd get one but my Gophers would surely sue me.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 1:18:58 PM EDT
[#50]
So pootin is mobilizing 500-700k more people? Holyfuck
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3462 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top