Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4122 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 8:27:28 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 8:29:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 8:31:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#3]

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 8:33:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By EasTexan:

Whats stopping Putin from annexing Belarus if/when Lukashenko does?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By EasTexan:
Originally Posted By brahm:
Originally Posted By sq40:
Luakashenko in critical condition.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/putin-poisoning-belarus-dictator-luakashenko-083900039.html

non transportable. well if he is going to die from poisoning or natural causes. dying in moscow is the best place. putin is obviously going to try and replace him with a more controllable puppet. however if luakashenko were to dies in moscow. it may just throw belarus into a more rebellious state.

Whats stopping Putin from annexing Belarus if/when Lukashenko does?

Poland. I am fairly sure they would not allow Russia to annex the country without a fight.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 8:33:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#5]

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 8:38:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#6]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

View Quote

Explosions in Kyiv (Holosiivskyi), Poltava, and Khmelnytskyi.

A series of strong explosions in Kyiv. Over 10 pieces in the last few minutes.

Missile shot down near Kyiv. Air defense works! We observe safety, we are in shelters!
https://t.me/vitaliy_klitschko/1991

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 8:49:35 PM EDT
[#7]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxQOBf7XsAALfOr?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
View Quote

Was thinking today about drones and NLAWs.  

Would there be any use of a Javelin/NLAW that could be integrated with a drone?  I'm imagining a scenario were a group of soldiers are carrying several Javelins with them but get pinned down and have no safe line of site to an armored vehicle laying fire on their position.   Maybe something like the video of that Ukrainian super soldier in the trench with his ammo elf.  If one guy in the group had a foldable drone that could be pulled from a backpack, unfolded and latched to a Javelin they could launch it up out of a trench or foxhole, gain visual on the armored vehicle and fire all without exposing themselves. Rather than a separate suicide drone it could be smaller as an accessory to an existing NLAW. Seems like something that should be well within current technological capabilities.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 8:50:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Reports look like no more made it through today than yesterday. Motherfuckers can't do 100 a night for very long.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 8:54:25 PM EDT
[#9]
This is a factor.

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:04:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Some commentary from Rob Lee.

Russia achieved limited tactical gains at high cost over the winter. Ukraine correctly held back resources and spent time regenerating offensive potential to give itself a better chance of achieving operational-strategic level gains this summer.

If Ukraine had committed all of its resources to the front over the winter, Russia likely wouldn't have made any gains but Ukraine would have reduced its chances for achieving a breakthrough this summer.

I think some people assume that both sides commit all of their resources to the front line at all times and that wars are linear, but that isn't how it works. Ukraine has a much better chance of making serious gains this summer than Russia had over the winter.

I think the focus on Bakhmut has given some people the wrong perception of the war, conflating a tactical-level battle (Bakhmut) with the strategic level. There were several other battles over the winter and none were successes for Russia.

There are still important long-term questions about ammunition availability and other variables, but I'm more optimistic about Ukraine' chances after Russia's failed winter offensive and recent announcements of more capable weapons' deliveries from NATO members.

Russia made some slow and costly gains last spring before that offensive culminated. Similar arguments were made then about the war's trajectory favoring Moscow, but the attrition Russia sustained set the conditions for Ukraine's successful offensives in Kherson and Kharkiv.

Russian equipment issues are growing, and they are increasingly relying on convicts to fight/hold their lines. I'm skeptical that Russia can restore sufficient offensive potential to make serious gains. The question is whether they can defend the territory they currently control.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:07:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

It sounds like a great DMR and light machine gun cartridge. But looking at the fighting in Ukraine it would seem to be horrible for regular troops there.  

Gen Milley, no kidding the troops were “over matched “ by PKM 7.62x54 machine guns!! What a damn surprise. How about just fielding more M240s rather than burdening every single soldier with big ass gun and ammo?

I’m a bit surpised to not see more vids of 40mm grenades being used by individual troops. I saw maybe two so far and those compact launchers look great. Seems those would be great for trenches  and dugouts.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

After exhaustive analysis and debate the Taliban decided their AKs and PKM machineguns were over-matched by 14.5” M4s and have decided to upgrade their entire army with the superior firepower and accuracy of the M4. One Taliban warlord is quoted as saying “That PKM is a heavy bitch!  Who needs a full size cartridge these days?  Our soldiers will soon be able to carry 50% more ammunition and hit targets beyond 50 meters with precision fire. The full size 7.62 cartridge is dead end for the infantry. “

That might have happened 😂

10:10

In the future, US Infantry will be clearing trenches using 15lb battle rifles with 20 round mags holding .270WSSM...

I have a feeling that, by the time this thing comes to fruition (with all of the "improvements"), a lot of grunts will miss the lightweight and nimble M-14  

It sounds like a great DMR and light machine gun cartridge. But looking at the fighting in Ukraine it would seem to be horrible for regular troops there.  

Gen Milley, no kidding the troops were “over matched “ by PKM 7.62x54 machine guns!! What a damn surprise. How about just fielding more M240s rather than burdening every single soldier with big ass gun and ammo?

I’m a bit surpised to not see more vids of 40mm grenades being used by individual troops. I saw maybe two so far and those compact launchers look great. Seems those would be great for trenches  and dugouts.

As an M-60 gunner in the pre-SAW era, I approve this message.   Would have killed the Army to improve the  Mk-48 and just issue it to the Squad-level?  Since the Army has to issue linked/belted 5.56 in addition to regular 5.56 in boxes/bandoleers, would it kill them to send belted 7.62 instead of belted 5.56?  The DMR is already using 7.62, so it is not like they'd be introducing another size of round to squads.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:07:37 PM EDT
[#12]

https://wavellroom.com/2023/05/01/1500-new-and-modernised-tanks-really/?utm_content=buffer93912&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
View Quote

So Medvedev is once again shown to be a “dog face pony soldier liar?”

It would be tough to judge whether he or Biden is the biggest and most habitual liar. Pure fantasy Russia even produces 100 tanks this year let alone 1,500. They don’t even have enough drivers for the ancient T55s!
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:08:53 PM EDT
[#13]

non transportable. well if he is going to die from poisoning or natural causes. dying in moscow is the best place. putin is obviously going to try and replace him with a more controllable puppet. however if luakashenko were to dies in moscow. it may just throw belarus into a more rebellious state.

View All Quotes
Luakashenko in critical condition.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/putin-poisoning-belarus-dictator-luakashenko-083900039.html

Might be the last time a CSTO leader goes to Moscow! Run away!!!!
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:11:36 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

Sounds like they're trying to get creative looking for any advantage they can find in the last few days.
Well, at least "creative" for Russia. lol.

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:13:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Hunter complained about having to hand over "HALF" of his salary to dad in one e-mail. I'm sure the actual "commission" varies with the deal...10% to maybe 50% or maybe even more.
View All Quotes

In other emails though he complains that he always has to give his dad 10%. So whether it is Burisma or China same same. Although in China any corporation IS essentially a govt operation so in that case it would be fair to say Biden got 20% of Hunter’s take from China. But in Ukraine Burisma was not part of the govt of Ukraine and was in fact being investigated for corruption.

Hunter complained about having to hand over "HALF" of his salary to dad in one e-mail. I'm sure the actual "commission" varies with the deal...10% to maybe 50% or maybe even more.

Wow!  That is insane. What pieces of shits. 💩💩💩💩💩
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:14:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Not sure I believe THIS

✅ The people of Kiev complained about the vibration, which they took for an earthquake.

On the air of the telethon, Vitali Klitschko was asked if he knew what she was connected with.

“This weapon is going to the front, new, powerful. There may be a vibration associated with this,” the mayor replied 🧐

https://t.me/ragnarockkyiv/51605

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:14:37 PM EDT
[#17]

As an M-60 gunner in the pre-SAW era, I approve this message.   Would have killed the Army to improve the  Mk-48 and just issue it to the Squad-level?  Since the Army has to issue linked/belted 5.56 in addition to regular 5.56 in boxes/bandoleers, would it kill them to send belted 7.62 instead of belted 5.56?  The DMR is already using 7.62, so it is not like they'd be introducing another size of round to squads.
View All Quotes

After exhaustive analysis and debate the Taliban decided their AKs and PKM machineguns were over-matched by 14.5” M4s and have decided to upgrade their entire army with the superior firepower and accuracy of the M4. One Taliban warlord is quoted as saying “That PKM is a heavy bitch!  Who needs a full size cartridge these days?  Our soldiers will soon be able to carry 50% more ammunition and hit targets beyond 50 meters with precision fire. The full size 7.62 cartridge is dead end for the infantry. “

In the future, US Infantry will be clearing trenches using 15lb battle rifles with 20 round mags holding .270WSSM...

I have a feeling that, by the time this thing comes to fruition (with all of the "improvements"), a lot of grunts will miss the lightweight and nimble M-14  

The obvious response to the "overmatch" issue Milley et al were complaining about is more HE weapons, more drones, better suppressive fire training, better marksmanship training, and better optics. Having Polymer 6.8 wouldn't have made a damn difference when the Taliban were engaging US troops from across the valley with PKMs and RPGs, because the fundamental issue there was being able to locate the enemy and return accurate fire. Missing by a football field with Polymer 6.8 instead 5.56 or 7.62 wouldn't have solved the problem. What would've solved the problem is actually being able to locate the Taliban's position and return effective fire.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:14:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:15:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Prime:
Not sure I believe THIS

✅ The people of Kiev complained about the vibration, which they took for an earthquake.

On the air of the telethon, Vitali Klitschko was asked if he knew what she was connected with.

“This weapon is going to the front, new, powerful. There may be a vibration associated with this,” the mayor replied 🧐

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxOTElvXsAI7Lxq?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

lol, he was laughing when he said that.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:17:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#20]
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

The obvious response to the "overmatch" issue Milley et al were complaining about is more HE weapons, more drones, better suppressive fire training, better marksmanship training, and better optics. Having Polymer 6.8 wouldn't have made a damn difference when the Taliban were engaging US troops from across the valley with PKMs and RPGs, because the fundamental issue there was being able to locate the enemy and return accurate fire. Missing by a football field with Polymer 6.8 instead 5.56 or 7.62 wouldn't have solved the problem. What would've solved the problem is actually being able to locate the Taliban's position and return effective fire.
View All Quotes

That is why I would propose thermal sights for all rifles, they would not have to be fancy 6.8.  And grenade launchers with ballistic computers out to 1km, with thermal sights.  
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:17:34 PM EDT
[#21]

By that metric, half of the Russian army are "volunteers"...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NEXT23:
Volunteers- are they volunteers as in not getting paid?

By that metric, half of the Russian army are "volunteers"...

It saves a ton of money to let the mobiks get killed in assaults before their first paycheck!
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:19:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:20:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zam18th] [#23]
Beat!

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:23:23 PM EDT
[#24]

That is why I would propose thermal sights for all rifles, they would not have to be fancy 6.8.  And grenade launchers with ballistic computers out to 1km, with thermal sights.  
View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:23:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:
Beat!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxQfX-nXsAIf4Hc?format=png&name=small
View Quote

lol, well it is very interesting news.

So from reports, not really fake missiles from countermeasures, but missiles and drones using more way points and loitering before changing direction.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:25:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:29:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:
Seems to me the Orcs are hell bent to prove they can defeat Patriot, and seem absolutely willing to blow their load trying.

Do they not realize that even if they eventually get a missile through the world outside of Russia will see that it took hundreds of launches to make it happen. To paraphrase "it is far better to be thought to have a shitty missile product than to launch hundreds and remove any doubts".
View All Quotes
Seems to me the Orcs are hell bent to prove they can defeat Patriot, and seem absolutely willing to blow their load trying.

Do they not realize that even if they eventually get a missile through the world outside of Russia will see that it took hundreds of launches to make it happen. To paraphrase "it is far better to be thought to have a shitty missile product than to launch hundreds and remove any doubts".

I figured the Patriot would be too much of a tantalizing target for Russia to pass up on.   But it will be extremely expensive for them if they keep sending rather limited 3 million dollar cruise missiles and 10 million dollar Iksandr and Khinzals.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:32:53 PM EDT
[#28]

I figured the Patriot would be too much of a tantalizing target for Russia to pass up on.   But it will be extremely expensive for them if they keep sending rather limited 3 million dollar cruise missiles and 10 million dollar Iksandr and Khinzals.
View All Quotes

My concern is that they may have gotten domestic production of the Shaheeds up and running. If we see a couple more attacks like last night, I'd be reasonably sure of that.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:34:19 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

Sounds like we are “fighting the last war” with this rifle.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:34:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Lots of various missile debris reports in many areas indicating they were intercepted.

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:35:06 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

And not even doing a good job at it...
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:35:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: iggy1337] [#32]
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:35:53 PM EDT
[#33]

My concern is that they may have gotten domestic production of the Shaheeds up and running. If we see a couple more attacks like last night, I'd be reasonably sure of that.
View All Quotes

I don't think that factory is going to even be ready until later this Summer.  The recent Iranian IL-76 flight a few days ago seems to be what might have delivered this new batch.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:36:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Lots of various missile debris reports in many areas indicating they were intercepted.

View Quote

https://twitter.com/TreasChest/status/1662995462410973186

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:37:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: THOT_Vaccine] [#35]
I'm kinda disappointed at how much ADA video leaked tonight.

If you're wondering if there's maybe some piece of hardware they don't have.... They've got it. Wonder no more.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:37:37 PM EDT
[#36]

So from reports, not really fake missiles from countermeasures, but missiles and drones using more way points and loitering before changing direction.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zam18th:
Beat!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxQfX-nXsAIf4Hc?format=png&name=small

It is interesting. I'm honestly surprised they didn't start doing this a while ago. They waited until AD got a lot better.

The report yesterday about the Shitheads also said they were trying new things with approaching from different directions and better using terrain and riverbeds.

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:39:53 PM EDT
[#37]

I don't think that factory is going to even be ready until later this Summer.  The recent Iranian IL-76 flight a few days ago seems to be what might have delivered this new batch.
View All Quotes

That makes sense. Still, it's an issue that needs to be taken into consideration. If/when they get that factory up and running, that's going to further strain Ukrainian air defense.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:43:03 PM EDT
[#38]

That makes sense. Still, it's an issue that needs to be taken into consideration. If/when they get that factory up and running, that's going to further strain Ukrainian air defense.
View All Quotes

We will have to see where Ukraine is by that time, they might be in a better position at defending against them, or perhaps striking the factory with their long range drones.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:44:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:46:07 PM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:46:27 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote
Perhaps Ukraine should reintroduce WW2 style flak towers outside of major cities, armed with various 20mm, 30mm and larger rapid-fire AA canons solely to deal with Shaheeds.

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:47:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Is hitting missiles/drones using these new tactics a Patriot limitation test or a training test?
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:51:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#43]
Originally Posted By AgeOne:
Is hitting missiles/drones using these new tactics a Patriot limitation test or a training test?
View Quote

Probably both, since it is the systems first time actually engaging full Russian hardware along with the Iranian drones.

Now if you can add other sensors and systems, it gets even more efficient.

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:51:14 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Unlikely they are shooting Patriots at these things.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:53:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Not sure I believe THIS

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxOTElvXsAI7Lxq?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

Your right, I don't believe it.

With the range on that thing, it won't be close enough to the front to need ERA.

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:53:52 PM EDT
[#46]

Probably both, since it is the systems first time actually engaging full Russian hardware along with the Iranian drones.
View Quote

Got it

Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

View Quote

Makes sense, but if they're aiming for patriot wouldn't it be best system for protecting itself?
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:55:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:57:39 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:57:45 PM EDT
[#49]

Got it

Makes sense, but if they're aiming for patriot wouldn't it be best system for protecting itself?
View All Quotes

Got it

Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

Actually, no.  You would leave that to the short range air defense system close by.   If you absolutely had to, you could use a Patriot, but that is expensive.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:58:19 PM EDT
[#50]
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/IMG_3107-2832689.jpg

Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4122 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top