Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4126 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:29:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Prime:
Pro-Ukrainian source:

On the night of May 29, the Russian army struck a military facility in the Khmelnytskyi region, disabling 5 aircraft.

https://t.me/killpukin/15203

Beat-

TG gossip says Su-24s
View Quote

The storm shadow launchers
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:29:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Oooo, awkward.

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:31:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
Pro-Ukrainian source:

On the night of May 29, the Russian army struck a military facility in the Khmelnytskyi region, disabling 5 aircraft.

Beat-

TG gossip says Su-24s

If so…where was AD?
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:33:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

Chick (?) in the back row half-assing it needs to drop and give me 20.
View Quote

She is probably embarrassed to have to engage in silly pageantry, I know I would be.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:33:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
View Quote

Very unfortunate. I guess the Russians got lucky? Falling debris or one of the Shitheads snuck through?
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:37:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Russia-Ukraine War Report - Interview with Brandon Mitchell, Part 1
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:38:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Very unfortunate. I guess the Russians got lucky? Falling debris or one of the Shitheads snuck through?
View All Quotes

Yeah, no other details at this time.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:40:38 AM EDT
[#8]
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxSwLELXsAA00NR?format=jpg&name=large

View Quote

First rubber duck AK I have seen being used in training.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:41:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#9]

View All Quotes

No other details, but this Russian report is all I have at the moment, and he has posted stuff that is very incorrect at times.

Don't know when the satellite photo was taken, but I would not be keeping the Su-24's packed together in revetments like that.

About the strike on the airfield near Starokonstantinov, Khmelnitsky region

The targets of today's nightly massive strike were many objects of the Ukrainian Air Force . At the moment, confirming data have been received about the hit of two cruise missiles and several attack drones "Geran-2" on the airfield near the town of Starokonstantinov.

Coordinates: 49.746721, 27.268683

According to reports, as a result of the strike, two Su-24M fighters, a maintenance hangar and a fuel depot were damaged / destroyed, and damage to the runway was also reported.

In addition, local residents report a strong fire at the airfield, which is still accompanied by smoldering fuel and lubricants, as well as multiple explosions that sounded after the impact

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:41:32 AM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:43:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#11]
Yeah, that is an Israeli cluster morter round 120mm by my guess.  Reported to be February/April timeframe.

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:48:04 AM EDT
[#12]

Memorial Day is a national Day of Remembrance, celebrated annually on the last Monday of May. This day is dedicated to the memory of American servicemen who have died in all wars and armed conflicts in which the United States has ever participated.

The tradition of celebrating this day was born after the American Civil War and was originally dedicated to the Northern soldiers who died in this war. After the First World War, soldiers who died in other military conflicts began to be remembered on this day.

Since 1971, Memorial Day has officially become a US national holiday. Americans visit cemeteries and war memorials on this day. The US flag is at half-mast until 12 o'clock local time. Many Americans consider it the actual start of summer. Traditionally, it is accompanied by family events, picnics and sports events.

A similar American holiday is Veterans Day, celebrated on November 11. This day is dedicated to all veterans, both living and dead.

P.S. in the USA there is an old saying - every peaceful day is Veteran's Day and Memorial Day.

American infantryman

https://t.me/usinfantryman1/14212

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Billy_Ringo:
On this Memorial Day, a solemn thank you and reverence for those who gave all to preserve the liberties we have in the United States.

Memorial Day is a national Day of Remembrance, celebrated annually on the last Monday of May. This day is dedicated to the memory of American servicemen who have died in all wars and armed conflicts in which the United States has ever participated.

The tradition of celebrating this day was born after the American Civil War and was originally dedicated to the Northern soldiers who died in this war. After the First World War, soldiers who died in other military conflicts began to be remembered on this day.

Since 1971, Memorial Day has officially become a US national holiday. Americans visit cemeteries and war memorials on this day. The US flag is at half-mast until 12 o'clock local time. Many Americans consider it the actual start of summer. Traditionally, it is accompanied by family events, picnics and sports events.

A similar American holiday is Veterans Day, celebrated on November 11. This day is dedicated to all veterans, both living and dead.

P.S. in the USA there is an old saying - every peaceful day is Veteran's Day and Memorial Day.

American infantryman

https://t.me/usinfantryman1/14212

Lest we forget
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:50:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By BlackHoleSon:

Also I think misdirection/sleight of hand announcements are more effective against a huge central planning, top down command. It can't pivot very fast so if your probes or feints are working, keep doing it. When you see the slow, lumbering machine finally start to pivot then you change quicker than they can adapt
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BlackHoleSon:
Originally Posted By thehun06:

and how much do you know about war planning/psyops/deflection...

You have to remember that advertising publicly a counter-offensive also helps to put efforts on armament coming in ...

The public incursions into Russia are a way to also get the Russian people to go hmmm...what is going on ... it makes Putin (if he is smart) re-think logistics ..

Another point is getting an established air defense network up and ready ... which is happening and most crucial effort to SAVE civilian lives because the Ruskies just target whatever ... for the inevitable supply of western jets and for a potential no-fly zone should one be established ...

Also I think misdirection/sleight of hand announcements are more effective against a huge central planning, top down command. It can't pivot very fast so if your probes or feints are working, keep doing it. When you see the slow, lumbering machine finally start to pivot then you change quicker than they can adapt

In addition one shouldn't underestimate the weight of impending doom.  Anxiety over time causes stress that can lead to poor decisions.  russia has been fighting at essentially a stalemate for months yet they are watching tons and tons of new western weapons being delivered to Ukraine that have not yet been fielded.  The "Oh Shit" factor has to be building.  I think it will make them more likely to overreact/panic to early feints

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:51:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#14]

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:59:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Easterner:
Getting it all together. Picked up some noise canceling slim ear muffs that fit under a MICH Hemet or can be used with a FAST high cut, pants, multi-tool and a little pouch for it, and bumpers for the combat shirt elbows. I've got some knee inserts coming in the mail. Most of the gear is from M-Tac that also has a store in town. Probably the best stuff made in Ukraine. Also got a rain cover for the backpack last week. Thanks to everyone that has helped me out.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20230529_153527_jpg-2833148.JPG

I really like the ear muffs. There's a microphone in each muff that actually helps me to hear better, and closes when the noise level increases.

View Quote

What kind of batteries for the headset, and can you get multiple spares?
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:59:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

It seems like russia has always had the tactic of telling their own soldiers they definitely are going to die if they don't move forward and try to kill the enemy. More and more and more cannon fodder until they win. It doesn't matter if they are trained. Cannon fodder being managed by corrupt nationalists/communists. They just destroy everything in front of them until they can flood the enemy with enough cannon fodder to win.
View Quote

I agree and this is a special "quality" that Russia possesses. A society's ability to motivate its population to die en mass IS strategic asset and threat they posses. Reminds me of red ants...Russia had proven they can do it to a large extent. No other Western country could do this without an immediate coup or revolution. But it's a double edges sword. They cannot afford to have too many disaffected, abused, armed militias setting in trenches talking and complaining and scheming (1917). And unlike in WWII or WWI manpower is not enough today. They have to be motivated, skilled, and equipped for maneuver warfare otherwise they just sit in a trench wondering if it will be by HIMARS, 155MM, or a drone and NEVER see an enemy soldier...
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:03:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Getting it all together. Picked up some noise canceling slim ear muffs that fit under a MICH Hemet or can be used with a FAST high cut, pants, multi-tool and a little pouch for it, and bumpers for the combat shirt elbows. I've got some knee inserts coming in the mail. Most of the gear is from M-Tac that also has a store in town. Probably the best stuff made in Ukraine. Also got a rain cover for the backpack last week. Thanks to everyone that has helped me out.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20230529_153527_jpg-2833148.JPG

I really like the ear muffs. There's a microphone in each muff that actually helps me to hear better, and closes when the noise level increases.

View Quote

Was looking at their site the other day because PREDATOR mentioned them on TG.

He's mending up from an injury a couple weeks ago.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:04:48 AM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:06:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Infantry26] [#19]

View All Quotes

Lucky?  I'm sure more than one weapon made it through.  It would be hard to believe the Ukrainians would be dumb enough to bunch their planes, still...

ETA, apparently they still are...
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:07:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Shadyman:

Russia is running out of time, demographics are working against them. Plus, all their young smart tech people are getting out if they can. Russia can keep on burning through all the outlying provinces young people. But there are rumblings out there from the mothers and wives that they are taking the brunt of the punishment of Putin’s War. And Putin’s government is doing everything to protect the middle class that lives around Moscow and St. Pete. Putin is waiting and hoping Trump will win the election so he can manipulate him into cutting off help to Ukraine and long term, Europe and NATO.
View Quote

Russia is fucked for the long term. Thet cannot abuse their populations like this (not to mention their neighbors who are now rabidly hostile and militarized against them) and there will be consequences eventually.

I seriously doubt that Putin considers Trump as a good thing despite Trumps (unrealistic) words of a negotiated peace. Looking at both Xiden (who has already received millions from Russian oligarchs through Hunter and has a constant stream of escalation fear piss running down his leg) and Trump (who always tries to smooth talk adversaries but was the FIRST to send lethal aid to Ukraine, dropped the hammer on Wagners in Syria and fired Tomahawks over desert) and compare the two and tell me Xiden is the hawk that Putin should fear.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:13:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By BillofRights:

They are still eliminating 400 Russians, and multiple systems, every single day.    That’s a lot of attrition.     Draftees don’t get turned into effective troops by proximity of the process of osmosis.    It just doesn’t work that way.  Often, the Opposite is true.
Russians are terrible at logistics, and that’s only going to get worse.  
War is hard, for both sides.    You don’t get to randomly decide where and when to do the big breakthrough.   The enemy always gets a vote.
View Quote

If the USA lost 400 troops total in a day, there would be Congressional hearing, talks of impeachment and certainly protests.

Whatever else we can say about Russia, we cannot say they have a glass jaw.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:14:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Russia-Ukraine War Report - Interview with Brandon Mitchell, Part 2
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:14:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Billy_Ringo:
On this Memorial Day, a solemn thank you and reverence for those who gave all to preserve the liberties we have in the United States.
View Quote

+1

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:14:56 AM EDT
[#24]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxSijn-XoAAOD-A?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxSjE4iXgAA8tR3?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxSjHdEXgAE3P8i?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:18:48 AM EDT
[#25]

No other details, but this Russian report is all I have at the moment, and he has posted stuff that is very incorrect at times.

Don't know when the satellite photo was taken, but I would not be keeping the Su-24's packed together in revetments like that.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxTENXAX0AAS9vK?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
View Quote

If that picture is current, there are a LOT of aircraft piled up in there. Hopefully the loss of 2-5 will not effect them.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:21:23 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote
What do you have for personal wet weather gear, i.e. poncho?
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:23:04 AM EDT
[#27]

If the USA lost 400 troops total in a day, there would be Congressional hearing, talks of impeachment and certainly protests.

Whatever else we can say about Russia, we cannot say they have a glass jaw.
View Quote

correct

"you cannot win a killing contest with Russia"  or something to that effect
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:32:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Easterner] [#28]
Originally Posted By SoCalExile:
View All Quotes

There's some ponchos I have been looking at. I found one that has a flap in the front if you are wearing a carrier so you can get to your magazines, etc.  I've been going from store to store seeing what all the options are.

Also I've been doing some hiking around the city. Did 8 miles today while I was shopping.

I saw these online for rain protection from the knee down.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:33:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Auto5guy:

In addition one shouldn't underestimate the weight of impending doom.  Anxiety over time causes stress that can lead to poor decisions.  russia has been fighting at essentially a stalemate for months yet they are watching tons and tons of new western weapons being delivered to Ukraine that have not yet been fielded.  The "Oh Shit" factor has to be building.  I think it will make them more likely to overreact/panic to early feints

View Quote

Especially when those people aren't just thinking about losing the next election cycle or how many followers they have on Twitter. There comes a much higher price in countries like that when shit gets nationally embarrassing and the next guy in line has been eyeing exactly which two ribs he's going to shove his knife between
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:34:11 AM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:36:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Capta:

But, sanctions aren’t having any effect.
If only every Russian could work 800 hours per week, that would go some way toward mitigating the 40x difference between Russia’s and NATO’s economies.
Fuckin’ morons.
View Quote

I kind of like Ruskies working 2 more hours for free. They work their regular work, then hit happy hour and then build bombs. What could possibly go wrong?
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:37:12 AM EDT
[#32]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxRk7QFWAAEoWvN?format=jpg&name=900x900

View Quote

That's what happens when you leave the lens cap on
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:38:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:46:29 AM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:48:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By doc540:

correct

"you cannot win a killing contest with Russia"  or something to that effect
View Quote
Life is cheap with Russians.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:51:29 AM EDT
[#36]

There's some ponchos I have been looking at. I found one that has a flap in the front if you are wearing a carrier so you can get to your magazines, etc.  I've been going from store to store seeing what all the options are.

Also I've been doing some hiking around the city. Did 8 miles today while I was shopping.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20230529_183723_jpg-2833272.JPG
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20230529_183723_jpg-2833272.JPG
Gaiters/spatterdashes/puttees. What is old is new again: https://www.townsends.us/collections/breeches-leggings-and-trousers/products/half-length-spatterdashes-white-new-version

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:52:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

LOL!
As I recall the Vikings raided and even settled as far as down the Volga River.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Sweden, Finland, the Baltics and Ukraine divvy up everything to the Volga down to Rostov-on-Don. Respect historical boundaries Mr Pudding brain.
View Quote

Let the mongols have Russia back.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:55:27 AM EDT
[#38]

A fragment of a Russian rocket almost hit a passenger train in Kyiv, video from a video surveillance camera 😱

View Quote

Helluva rush hour they have in Kiev!
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 12:00:11 PM EDT
[#39]

UA telegram-

🦾🦾🦾

We have our own iron dome 😉

https://t.me/ragnarockkyiv/51634

ETA-all they did today was cause traffic problems
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxSUSJ2XgAAGsao?format=jpg&name=medium
View All Quotes

I want so see a breakdown of the number of Iskander-M that were launched.  This would be a Patriot shootdown again.

UA telegram-

🦾🦾🦾

We have our own iron dome 😉

https://t.me/ragnarockkyiv/51634

ETA-all they did today was cause traffic problems
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxSUSJ2XgAAGsao?format=jpg&name=medium

Ukraine should troll Russia with a fine for littering.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 12:02:20 PM EDT
[#40]

If that picture is current, there are a LOT of aircraft piled up in there. Hopefully the loss of 2-5 will not effect them.
View All Quotes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxTENXAX0AAS9vK?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

That's what I was thinking too. I mean, having to pack them 2-3 to a spot is great from the standpoint of "we've been given lots of planes" but not great when it comes to missile attacks on an airfield, obviously.

But, looking at the pic...where the hell else would they park them? Out in the field? On the runway?

I don't know how many capable airfields Ukraine actually has or where they're located (possibly too close to the front), and maybe the ones they do have all look like this, a traffic jam of planes. I certainly hope so. But if they can, maybe they should fly some of those to emptier fields.

In any event, there could be several explanations for that close-packing. Only one of them is ignorance/stupidity, and considering what I've seen from them in the past, as well as the advisors in theater, I'm going to discount it for now. I'm really hoping it's just "we're full...can we clear out some local mall parking lots?"

Slava Ukraini. Heroyam Slava.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 12:02:33 PM EDT
[#41]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxRk7QFWAAEoWvN?format=jpg&name=900x900

View Quote

I would think some really, really good glue. And a lot of clamps.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 12:03:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Infantry26:
Lucky?  I'm sure more than one weapon made it through.  It would be hard to believe the Ukrainians would be dumb enough to bunch their planes, still...

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Infantry26:

Do something long enough and repeat a pattern long enough and the enemy is going to notice.  The Russians have Awacs and their Chinese buddies have satellites. I know moving airplanes and the logistics chain that goes with them regularly, to alternate bases is a pain in the ass, but the enemy always gets to vote.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 12:04:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By centex_SR-15:

It won't stop raining this year.  They can't start and then get bogged down in mud.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/260794/IMG_0239-2833078.jpg
View Quote

Yeah, this sucks. They can't start their counter offensive in mud, they can't. They will just get stuck where they are.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 12:06:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Thdermal drone view.

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 12:06:40 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

I'm pretty sure I have the same muffs. And I agree with everything you said about them. The fact that they hear directionaly is pretty amazing.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 12:10:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aswrg7] [#46]
I saw all the posts debating calling the Russians "orcs" a few pages ago.

Led Zeppelin kinda started it in 1971:  "The Battle of Evermore" is a Middle-Earth-themed analogy about WWIII:

Led Zeppelin- The Battle of Evermore (Lyrics)

ETA:  See this article also.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 12:18:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Exclusive interview with Lt. Gen. Ben Hodges | Ukraine: The Latest | Podcast
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 12:20:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Saltwater-Hillbilly] [#48]
Pro-Ukrainian source:

Beat-

TG gossip says Su-24s
View Quote

Makes sense.  The Ukes have turned some of their Su24s into Storm Shadow launch platforms.  It had to really piss the Orcs off when the Ukes turned a bunch of obsolescent fighter/bombers into cruise missile launch platforms.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 12:22:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 12:22:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4126 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top