Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4130 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:37:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:

Doesn't matter a whole lot if the engine outlet is not stealthy at all. Like the SU-57 lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
Interesting. From what I have read this Turkish jet is about the only possible legitimate alternative to the F35 for other countries. Ukraine is competing against Rolls Royce for supplying the engine. What is surprising is the intellectual property rights pass to Turkey upon completion of design. ???!! Not sure why anyone would do that unless they are getting beucoup bucks for R&D.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_1119-2833926.jpg

Doesn't matter a whole lot if the engine outlet is not stealthy at all. Like the SU-57 lol

That’s crazy. I haven’t seen the complete photos of it just text articles. I wonder why the UK is involved with them in that case?  I would think the Brits would know better.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:46:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Birddog15:

DERP - Decide Everything Really Poorly

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:47:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#3]
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:

Blatant morale bombing.   Its all they have left.   They desperately need the Ukrainian people to give up before their counteroffensive makes Russian military prospects on the ground look even worse.
View Quote

Even now after three waves, they apparently haven’t done anything but light fires with falling wreckage.

Either the information discipline is much better, or Russia is right now realizing how much money they blew through in the last 24 (!) hours.

20 more Shaheds shot down.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:52:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#4]

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:59:43 PM EDT
[#5]
🤔

🐦 "Saki" airfield comes under the control of the KBC. A no-fly zone is declared, the occupants must leave the facility immediately. We are returning to ourselves, we are returning our 🇺🇦 KBC 🐦

https://t.me/crimean_seagull_warrior/519

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:59:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Prime:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxTzhjRWwAET2tz?format=png&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxUGBkGWAAkOWuy?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

How many more can they afford to lose?  Aren't they basically cobbling tanks together out of salvage parts already?
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:02:18 PM EDT
[#7]
The Turkish TFX is actually a pretty neat looking fighter, certainly a much better attempt at a 5th Generation design than anything we've seen from Russia to date.

I had been under the impression that they were planning to use the EJ200 engine for these fighters, but it looks like initially they are using F110s with 29,000 lbs. thrust each. The TFX certainly reminds me of the South Korean KFX, or whatever they are calling it now, but the Turkish design actually seems more robust and refined. Unlike the KFX, the TFX actually has an internal weapons bay. That means it will still remain stealthy when in combat configuration. And as long as the design isn't too heavy, that pair of GE F110s should give it ample go-go juice.

This thing might be a decent option for Ukraine to look at buying a few years down the road, provided they don't get access into the F-35 program. A fleet of F-16s and a few of these things would give Russia a really tough time most likely, especially when combined with higher end air defense systems such as Patriot and SAMP/T.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:05:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:10:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:15:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Lol...

Russia....crickets
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:16:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By thehun06:

He is a centrist ...
View Quote

I've made the argument that Zelenskyy is a Slavic Donald Trump.

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:17:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
Originally Posted By thehun06:

He is a centrist ...

Good analysis.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:20:02 PM EDT
[#13]

Blatant morale bombing.   Its all they have left.   They desperately need the Ukrainian people to give up before their counteroffensive makes Russian military prospects on the ground look even worse.
View All Quotes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxVmDYHWcAIyeyp?format=png&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxVytfHXoAIHBzO?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Yup. They have Bakhmut and with the offensive looming they have everything to lose and nothing to gain. I'm expecting the full court press from Russian proxies calling for "starting the peace process."

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:20:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Lindsey Graham has a way of pissing me off with 90% of the things he does and says. But I'll be damned if he don't always make up for it the other 10% of the time when it comes to the really critical stuff.  Based Lindsey Graham is best Lindsey Graham.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:21:23 PM EDT
[#15]

Now THAT'S some top tier trolling
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:26:45 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Given the zero times its worked in over 100 years of trying, that seems like a solid plan.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:27:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Psyops my ass they should be building a few thousand packed with explosives.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By planemaker:
Use this for psyops over the rooskies?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJNhoSXvxYs

Was thinking that, too. But they certainly wouldn't have trouble finding where they're at. You'd have to be deaf not to hear them miles away.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:32:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

Given the zero times its worked in over 100 years of trying, that seems like a solid plan.
View Quote

Eh... seemed to work with Dresden.   Which ironically was done at the Soviets' request to save them casualties brute forcing their way in.   But that was more of "de-housing" than de-moralizing.  Can't fight house to house if there are no more houses.

Really, this is more like the terror bombing of the Nazis against the UK, tho.  Constant random V1 and V2 attacks to cause terror and mayhem against civilians.

Not enough to do more than misery in the vain hope of getting the people to beg for peace at the end of a knife.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:32:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
From some comments, their one carrier NOT self disassembling is a former Soviet carrier…made in Ukraine!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_1117-2833914.jpg
View Quote

Oh no! Anyway! Chicom crap.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:33:31 PM EDT
[#20]

Was thinking that, too. But they certainly wouldn't have trouble finding where they're at. You'd have to be deaf not to hear them miles away.
View All Quotes

Who cares if it is loud. Bombing the Russians with a modern reincarnation of the V1?

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:34:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Russian source said 100 Shahed drones launched.

View Quote

They aren’t going to use Patriots on Shahed …
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:35:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Eh... seemed to work with Dresden.   Which ironically was done at the Soviets' request to save them casualties brute forcing their way in.   But that was more of "de-housing" than de-moralizing.  Can't fight house to house if there are no more houses.

Really, this is more like the terror bombing of the Nazis against the UK, tho.  Constant random V1 and V2 attacks to cause terror and mayhem against civilians.

Not enough to do more than misery in the vain hope of getting the people to beg for peace at the end of a knife.
View All Quotes

I don't recall the Germans surrendering because of Dresden.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:37:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:
The Turkish TFX is actually a pretty neat looking fighter, certainly a much better attempt at a 5th Generation design than anything we've seen from Russia to date.

https://www.thedrive.com/uploads/2023/03/17/TFX-turkey.jpg?auto=webp&crop=16%3A9&auto=webp&optimize=high&quality=70&width=1920

https://www.thedrive.com/uploads/2023/03/17/tf-x-head-on.jpg?auto=webp&optimize=high&quality=70&width=1440

https://www.thedrive.com/uploads/2023/03/17/tf-x-engine-rear.jpg?auto=webp&optimize=high&quality=70&width=1440

I had been under the impression that they were planning to use the EJ200 engine for these fighters, but it looks like initially they are using F110s with 29,000 lbs. thrust each. The TFX certainly reminds me of the South Korean KFX, or whatever they are calling it now, but the Turkish design actually seems more robust and refined. Unlike the KFX, the TFX actually has an internal weapons bay. That means it will still remain stealthy when in combat configuration. And as long as the design isn't too heavy, that pair of GE F110s should give it ample go-go juice.

This thing might be a decent option for Ukraine to look at buying a few years down the road, provided they don't get access into the F-35 program. A fleet of F-16s and a few of these things would give Russia a really tough time most likely, especially when combined with higher end air defense systems such as Patriot and SAMP/T.
View Quote

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the Korean plane (KF-21) will likely end up being the more technologically advanced of the two. When was the last time Turkey created a product that was a technology leader or its competitor? Do they manufacture any cars that are competitive on the market? How about electronics? Korea has a technological advantage from its existing industries. Korea also has been selling the T-50 for over a decade which was built in collaboration with Lockheed Martin, whereas TAI just unveiled their first trainer jet in 2023.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:42:27 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

Dresden surrendered to advancing forces rather than fighting it out house to house.   Largely because of the lack of aforementioned houses.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:43:13 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote
Put them on trailers and drive to within range and have fun. Hell you probably convert some M113 mortar carriers to do the job. Then  again just for the troll I would have Stukas doing runs on trenches.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:44:39 PM EDT
[#26]

Dresden surrendered to advancing forces rather than fighting it out house to house.   Largely because of the lack of aforementioned houses.
View All Quotes

Which would make it not morale bombing, but rather operational preparation of the environment.  I don't believe that Russia is chucking inaccurate missiles into cities well beyond the FLOT for OPE.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:46:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Have we done this one? Heckuva shot, is that a through-and-through of a tank??? Will not buff out.

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:47:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By The_Gooch:
Who cares if it is loud. Bombing the Russians with a modern reincarnation of the V1?

https://i.imgur.com/56BPxhr.gif

View Quote
Shit, after using baby V1s and RC stukas I would be hacking everything electronic and  say " See you on the Volga ". But I am an ass like that.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:53:50 PM EDT
[#29]

Which would make it not morale bombing, but rather operational preparation of the environment.  I don't believe that Russia is chucking inaccurate missiles into cities well beyond the FLOT for OPE.
View Quote

Fine hair to split but yeah, agreed on the second point.  Its more akin to the German V1 and V2 campaign.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:56:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Looks like I haven't missed much today. I've been working my ass off this afternoon and evening.
View Quote

And it was greatly appreciated, the truck appreciates running now!
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:57:26 PM EDT
[#31]

Fine hair to split but yeah, agreed on the second point.  Its more akin to the German V1 and V2 campaign.
View All Quotes

In a lot of ways, yeah.

During the Blitz the Germans abandoned their operational plan of attacking the RAF and changed to city bombing.  In doing so they stopped before they crippled the RAF, which they were on the cusp of doing, and instead steeled the resolve of the British people.  Luckily the Russians seem to be poor students of history.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 12:02:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Russian TG

The first photo is anti-drone guns, which the regional authorities (not all subjects, but only the norms of the authorities) and volunteers and journalists (like us) buy for the front guys. The second photo is anti-drone guns that the Americans supply to Ukraine. The latter are much more powerful.

Yes, it's not even about power, although it is also about it. It just turns out that a huge number of states are fighting against Russia, all the technical power of the United States and NATO, and we have only a part of the people and 1/17 of the state.

I don’t understand why we can’t put the country on a war footing? Why can't we help the front? Why don't we hit on the development and supply of weapons, but only hang out patriotic slogans and learn songs?

After all, to love the Motherland is not to talk about the greatness of Russia from the screens, you can be silent, but do it.

https://t.me/NeoficialniyBeZsonoV/25925

🧑‍💻In Russia, they proposed to create an analogue of the "Chinese firewall" with the impossibility of bypassing the blocking of sites.
Such a system will be able to completely block access to unwanted Internet resources and VPN services.

https://t.me/groupzarya/33174

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 12:14:54 AM EDT
[#33]
I don’t understand why we can’t put the country on a war footing? Why can't we help the front? Why don't we hit on the development and supply of weapons, but only hang out patriotic slogans and learn songs?
View Quote

Those poor, delusional fools. Even after 15+ months of war, these people still haven't come to the realization that they are simply incapable of doing these things. Unbelievable.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 12:22:09 AM EDT
[#34]

Those poor, delusional fools. Even after 15+ months of war, these people still haven't come to the realization that they are simply incapable of doing these things. Unbelievable.
View All Quotes

But we have so much blood in the body. If we just eviscerate ourselves we can get so much blood it drown them!  Genius.

A true war footing will obliterate their economy and shenanigans ensue.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 12:22:43 AM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

I figured it would bring a whole new meaning to that whole Ukrainian = Nazi stupidity.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 12:22:50 AM EDT
[#36]

Where's that "Grahambo" meme that was going around a few years ago?
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 12:33:38 AM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

Dresden did not cause Germany to surrender.  If anything, the bombing of Dresden helped to motivate the National Socialist "dead-enders".  Hiroshima and Nagasaki worked because the Japanese government was faced with a choice of complete destruction of the Japanese nation if they DIDN'T surrender.  Ukraine faces national destruction if they DO surrender.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 12:35:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PolarBear416] [#38]
Originally Posted By Haub:

I think at this point they're trying to expend or run down Ukraine's AD network. Hopefully allies are keeping them stocked.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Haub:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Russian source said 100 Shahed drones launched.

They are desperate to get something on the board.

I think at this point they're trying to expend or run down Ukraine's AD network. Hopefully allies are keeping them stocked.

Plot twist: Teixeira has secretly been given a medal by the CIA and that whole leak was a disinformation campaign designed to lure Russia into under estimating Uke air defense?
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 12:43:33 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

Dresden did not cause Germany to surrender.  If anything, the bombing of Dresden helped to motivate the National Socialist "dead-enders".  Hiroshima and Nagasaki worked because the Japanese government was faced with a choice of complete destruction of the Japanese nation if they DIDN'T surrender.  Ukraine faces national destruction if they DO surrender.
View All Quotes

If the US or NATO try to pressure Ukraine into negotiations they should be explicit and let folks know, We will fight to our last breath with or without your help. If we are obliterated then Russia will be at your doorstep. Use MSPaint this time for the denser diplomats. Basically an all or nothing deal. Either we survive intact or we disappear and you get Russia as a neighbor. There will be no half measures. Ever. Now who wants to quit talking and help us win?
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 12:53:35 AM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

August 6 - Hiroshima
August 7 - Russia declares war on Japan
August 9 - Nagasaki
August 9 - Red Army offensive in Manchuria surprises Japan who thought they needed rail
August 10-14 Japan suffers numerous defeats in Manchuria as soviets rapidly advance
August 15 - Japan surrenders

The realization that they would not be able to hold on to their colonies in Asia factored at least as much into the Japanese surrender as the bombs.

By that point in the war they knew they were going to lose but had been holding out for a negotiated peace that left them in control of some of their conquered territory.

The Russian success in Manchuria took that off the table and added to the atomic bombs meant there was little left to negotiate for in the face of large ongoing losses
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 1:08:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#41]
🇬🇧🇺🇦 Local residents also report several explosions and the operation of air defense systems in the Moscow region, including in the area of Istra and New Riga.

According to Baza, more than ten drones have been intercepted in the Moscow region so far.

In Moscow itself, special services are checking information about the collision of a drone with a third multi-storey residential building on Leninsky Prospekt.

The mayor of the capital, Sergei Sobyanin, confirmed the UAV attack, reporting that emergency services were at the scene of the incident and indicating that "no one was seriously injured."
#Moscow #Russia #Ukraine
@rybar

Support us

https://t.me/milinfolive/101415

Two videos appear to show this canard type design that looks like it’s flying backwards.

And then this, which might just be an actual aircraft 🤷‍♂️

Video
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 1:15:04 AM EDT
[#42]
The drone wars, we're sure in a weird timeline
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 1:20:42 AM EDT
[#43]
I don’t agree with this, but here it is.

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 1:24:14 AM EDT
[#44]
🇬🇧🇺🇦 Local residents also report several explosions and the operation of air defense systems in the Moscow region, including in the area of Istra and New Riga.

According to Baza, more than ten drones have been intercepted in the Moscow region so far.

In Moscow itself, special services are checking information about the collision of a drone with a third multi-storey residential building on Leninsky Prospekt.

The mayor of the capital, Sergei Sobyanin, confirmed the UAV attack, reporting that emergency services were at the scene of the incident and indicating that "no one was seriously injured."
#Moscow #Russia #Ukraine
@rybar

Support us

https://t.me/milinfolive/101415

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxWWoUjXoAI0YqV?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxWWoUeWYAEQHU5?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxWTc5CWIAMO1rv?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxWTlG2XoAUcMOF?format=jpg&name=large

Two videos showing this canard type design that looks like it’s flying backwards.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxWiTsraIAU7s64?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

Paybacks are a bitch. Going forward, every time Russia launches a big drone attack on Kyiv, I hope Ukraine replies with a drone attack twice as big on Moscow.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 1:40:36 AM EDT
[#45]
I don’t agree with this, but here it is.

View Quote

If they actually do go ahead with full scale mobilization, that should be all the justification needed to send massive quantities of DPICMs. Russian escalation should be met with escalation on our end. Plus, if the Russians go full retard like this, the Ukrainians are going to need to kill a lot of shit very quickly across the front.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 1:49:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Soon they'll be putting their whole economy into making cruise missiles and drones
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 1:53:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Didn't the Ukrainians say they were working on their own version of the Shaheed a few months back? Could that be what these attacks are being carried out with?
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 1:58:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Air defense forces shot down 29 out of 31 Shahed drones that the Russian Federation launched over Ukraine at night, the Air Force reported.

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 2:02:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:
Didn't the Ukrainians say they were working on their own version of the Shaheed a few months back? Could that be what these attacks are being carried out with?
View Quote

Red arrow depicts direction of flight.

If it's Ukraines it's a very different design I've seen them come up with before.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 2:07:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#50]
Posting this just because I saw it, I actually agree with the above, seems pretty different.
May be a similar engine with similar sound.

Interestingly, UA TG was reminiscing about Mathias Rust on 28May.

Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:
View Quote

😈A curious fact: flights of Russian drones are banned in Moscow, and there was no ban on flights of drones manufactured by other countries
These are very similar to the Iranian Shaheds. Both in sound and form.
#curb

🚀 Subscribe / Eng Twitter / YouTube / Eng Telegram

Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4130 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top