Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4341 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:04:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:04:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:04:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

I'm going to put this and my broken
tooth under the pillow and hope the
wish fairy comes and gets it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I'm going to put this and my broken
tooth under the pillow and hope the
wish fairy comes and gets it.

lol
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:04:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:05:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:05:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:05:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:07:26 AM EDT
[#8]
This should be fun in the background

NAFO Podcast Reacts to Wagner Coup (ft. Lazerpig, Vaush, and more)

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:07:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:08:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Waldo:

Any news if Ukraine is taking advantage of this situation, or just sitting around eating popcorn?
View Quote
They are still on the attack.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:11:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:13:02 AM EDT
[#12]
CIA bigwigs and the Administration National Security team are in meetings trying desperately to come up with a way that they can take credit for all this.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:13:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Foxy giving food to Wagnerites.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:14:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Somewhere way back in this war there was a short animated cartoon of Russian history thru the ages. I wish I could find it again but it was on point. Each era was a climb up from poverty to a period of greatness & enlightenment then destroying themselves. Then repeating it all again for the next era.
To think only a year and a half ago, you as a Russian citizen are enjoying many of the luxuries of Western civilization, and some dick head motherfucker comes along and kicks your ass back to the dark ages just to stroke his ego. Oh well, a pound of tiny sugar fine carrot seed plants a hell of a lot of carrots.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:15:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By governmentman:
I keep thinking Russia's air force most be almost nothing but unairworthy garbage. That convoy is very vulnerable from air, and a massed strike would shred it.

That they aren't, it must mean they can't given the stakes
View Quote
Or they changed sides
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:15:53 AM EDT
[#16]

Any news if Ukraine is taking advantage of this situation, or just sitting around eating popcorn?
View Quote

yeah IMO it's a tough call

on the one hand why risk UA dead / wounded when the Russian machine is falling apart before your very eyes.  in two days this thing might be over.

on the other hand -- striking when you're foe is in extreme disarray seems wise

hopefully at the very least they are engaging in massive psyops aimed at the trench line Russians...

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:16:39 AM EDT
[#17]
❗“Wagnerites” change into civilian clothes and head to Moscow

Agent "ATESH" from the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation reports operational information. They received information that PMC detachments in civilian clothes and cars were heading towards Moscow. Mobile roadblocks are set up, where all vehicles are thoroughly checked.

This is probably related to several cases of shooting civilian cars. But in those cases there were ordinary civilians.

"ATESH" continues to collect information on the course of the internal conflict in the Russian Federation

https://t.me/atesh_ua/1105

There is a complete list of CCTV cameras in Moscow ❗️

Will publish soon 🍿🍿🍿🍿

https://t.me/atesh_ua/1106

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:18:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By rgkeller:
CIA bigwigs and the Administration National Security team are in meetings trying desperately to come up with a way that they can take credit for all this.
View Quote

I sure hope they don’t try to claim credit.  Just sit back and enjoy he show.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:19:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Foxy giving food to Wagnerites.
View Quote

Giving food to “the boys”…
Those boys might be shootin’ at other boys soon.

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:20:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BerettaGuy] [#20]
FYI: There are over a dozen Ukrainian news (in English) links on page 1 of this thread as well as Zelenskyy's official website and the Ukrainian MOD.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:21:00 AM EDT
[#21]
All Putin had to do was just sit back, enjoy life, have plenty of whores to him and his friends.

And not invade Ukraine.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:21:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
This should be fun in the background

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAMsQnms3qs
View Quote

I find the pig podcats interesting, but Vaush is pretty pedo adjacent.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:21:30 AM EDT
[#23]
This thread started with a poll on how things would end with Putin.

Most thought he would always remain in power.

Although things might be a bit premature, I would like the opportunity to go back and change my choice!
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:21:51 AM EDT
[#24]
For the young crowd here. The fall of the Berlin wall was not this funny.
View Quote

That is so damn true!
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:22:03 AM EDT
[#25]
For the young crowd here. The fall of the Berlin wall was not this funny.
View Quote
I wept tears of joy as I watched that. This shit is just flat out hilarious. It's like watching The Three Stooges with nukes.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:23:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By kncook:

Not a AN-26 but an IL-22M Command aircraft:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/97971/IMG_0071_jpeg-2862078.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kncook:
Originally Posted By SoCalExile:
Vids of the AN-26 being shot down:

https://twitter.com/666_mancer/status/1672539287877832704

https://twitter.com/front_ukrainian/status/1672538800013160448

https://twitter.com/front_ukrainian/status/1672539225395216385

Not a AN-26 but an IL-22M Command aircraft:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/97971/IMG_0071_jpeg-2862078.JPG
Oh damn has anyone seen Gerasimov today?
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:26:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:

on the one hand why risk UA dead / wounded when the Russian machine is falling apart before your very eyes.  in two days this thing might be over.

hopefully at the very least they are engaging in massive psyops aimed at the trench line Russians...

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:

Here’s my take on it: the events that are going on right now have a 0% chance of improving any of Russia’s capabilities on the front lines with Ukraine in the near term. However, what’s going down has significant chances of deteriorating Russia’s capability or willingness to fight in Ukraine in the next few days. I think that it’s probably a smart call by Ukraine to use a few days to regroup and assess the situation and plan. Who knows you may start seeing movement of troops back towards Crimea or Rostov, at least in certain units, and such a thing might naturally open a path for Ukraine to move forward.

I guess the way I see it, there’s no real advantage for Ukraine attacking immediately, however, there could be a huge advantage opening up in the next 48 to 72 hours
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:27:50 AM EDT
[#28]
But do we want a devil we know or a devil we don’t know?  Putin, like Hitler, was his own worst enemy.  With Prigozhin we might get a guy who knows what he’s doing.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:33:09 AM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

The rumor is he’s holed up in a house in Rostov.
In which case he might not be holed up anymore.

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:34:58 AM EDT
[#30]
So, is UKR launching hard to Crimea at the moment?
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:38:25 AM EDT
[#31]
If the CIA wanted to do something useful, laying hands on all the fuckers that just flew to Turkey, UAE, and Dubai wouldn't be a bad place to start.
They strike me as probably the number one source of misery in the world right now.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:38:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Prime:

The rumor is he's holed up in a house in Rostov.
In which case he might not be holed up anymore.

View Quote
He might actually be full of holes

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:39:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:40:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#34]
PMC Wagner has the only major obstacle before entering Moscow - the Oka River. The bridge is blocked by construction equipment. There seems to be no one to resist Prigozhin - he passed the Tula region without resistance.
https://t.me/moscowtimes_ru/13816

"The First Stage of the Revolution". Putin's bet on a war of attrition has turned against him, world media write

Financial Times
Wagner fighters secretly appeared in Ukraine back in 2014, and now the consequences of the nine-year-old war threaten to undermine the foundations of the state built by Putin. These are the consequences of the problems that the president himself created, writes the FT in the article "He went crazy: how Putin's cook served him a dish of treason."

The Washington Post
The situation looks bad for Putin from all sides: no matter how the confrontation ends, it will hit both his positions and the positions of the Russian army at the front. If Putin leaves Shoigu, it will undermine the already low morale of the soldiers and officers of the Russian army, provoking desertion and additional losses just as Ukraine launches a counteroffensive.

The Wall Street Journal
This is the most serious challenge to Putin's power in his 23 years in office. “Time is not on his side,” an intelligence official from an Eastern European country told the newspaper. “The longer this goes on, the harder it will be for Putin to bring the situation back under control.”
At the same time, according to him, when Russia fights among themselves, it becomes less dangerous for the world.

Bloomberg
For Leonid Bershidsky, a Bloomberg columnist and Vedomosti's first editor-in-chief, Prigozhin's rebellion came as no surprise after so many months of the head of the mercenaries ridiculing the Russian military leadership. “But given the moment at which it happened – during the Ukrainian counter-offensive, this peculiar reconstruction of Benito Mussolini’s “march on Rome” in 1922 may be a harbinger of Russia’s defeat in the war unleashed by it,” writes Bershidsky.

Der Spiegel
The last to laugh here will be the Ukrainians, whose counter-offensive is likely to be facilitated by a power struggle in Russia, writes a German magazine: “So far, there have been no major changes on the front line, but it is only a matter of time before Kiev takes advantage of events.”

https://t.me/moscowtimes_ru/13814

Putin has a few hours left to decide on the liquidation of PMC Wagner near Moscow

The Kremlin may give the order to launch an operation to eliminate the march of justice in the coming hours, a source close to the Kremlin told The Moscow Times. “Wagner can reach Moscow by nightfall. If the authorities want to prevent this, then they will have to carry out the operation in the coming hours,” the source said.

Now unconfirmed information has appeared in the channels that PMC Wagner arrived in the village of Barabanovo (Moscow region, 2 hours from the capital). Earlier it was known that PMCs got to the Tula region.

The source admitted that there is a possibility that PMC Wagner may decide to stop the movement. “If all of a sudden the Prigogine residents don’t suddenly stop on their own for one reason or another,” he said. The Moscow Times' interlocutor did not specify whether the authorities are currently negotiating with Prigozhin to stop the march.

https://t.me/moscowtimes_ru/13810

The capital is preparing for the arrival of PMC Wagner. The military and public utilities are involved in the work. The layout writes that dump trucks with sand were pulled to the interchanges on the Moscow Ring Road in the Varshavskoye highway area, they may be needed to block traffic on the highways.

On the Varshavskoye highway itself, at the exit from Moscow, a small mobile military station with a field kitchen is deployed, the police are on duty, there is a car under a tarpaulin and a truck with military equipment.

https://t.me/moscowtimes_ru/13802

"The first criminal to take the post of ruler of our unfortunate country." The former Minister of Defense of the DPR described the scenario of the seizure of power by Prigozhin

Former DPR Minister of Defense Igor Girkin believes that the idea of ​​Prigozhin’s team is extremely logical, risky, but strikes with courage and has a chance of success in an atmosphere of sluggishness and demotivation of all power structures of the Russian Federation.

“Having gained a foothold in Rostov and diverting attention to themselves, abruptly throw the most combat-ready shock units (several thousand bayonets) into a raid on Moscow. The task of which is to bypass all major centers (Voronezh passed by, Lipetsk passed in the same way) and trying not to get involved in battles with local garrisons (even without blocking them) - to rush to Moscow, ”said Girkin.

Further, according to Girkin, the calculation is made on the panic and flight of all senior officials and the seizure of power, "lying on the ground." Then Prigozhin will only have to take the turn of those eager to urgently swear allegiance to him by “suddenly enlightened” officials of all ranks and solemnly enter the Kremlin: “he will certainly become“ the best in hell ”and go down in history as the first criminal who took the post of ruler of our unfortunate country.

This strategy has only two vulnerabilities: the possibility of a collision with large units that are combat-ready and unwilling to surrender before approaching Moscow, and problems with supplying the strike force.

https://t.me/moscowtimes_ru/13799

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:42:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Javak:
But do we want a devil we know or a devil we don’t know?  Putin, like Hitler, was his own worst enemy.  With Prigozhin we might get a guy who knows what he’s doing.
View Quote

It's Russia so I expect whatever happens a corrupt paranoid oligarch that hates us will be in charge.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:42:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By kpacman:
This thread started with a poll on how things would end with Putin.

Most thought he would always remain in power.

Although things might be a bit premature, I would like the opportunity to go back and change my choice!
View Quote

I was one of the 7.78 percent that said a 9x18 to the head. I still dream about this event. Who knows.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:42:59 AM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

I don't think he has been seen for some time now.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:43:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: omar] [#38]
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:

Here’s my take on it: the events that are going on right now have a 0% chance of improving any of Russia’s capabilities on the front lines with Ukraine in the near term. However, what’s going down has significant chances of deteriorating Russia’s capability or willingness to fight in Ukraine in the next few days. I think that it’s probably a smart call by Ukraine to use a few days to regroup and assess the situation and plan. Who knows you may start seeing movement of troops back towards Crimea or Rostov, at least in certain units, and such a thing might naturally open a path for Ukraine to move forward.

I guess the way I see it, there’s no real advantage for Ukraine attacking immediately, however, there could be a huge advantage opening up in the next 48 to 72 hours
View Quote

That's a good read.

Ukraine could still attack Russian units that pose an immediate direct threat while observing what the next few days hold. Russian units not  receiving resupply of food and ammo will continue to be degraded.  The few Russian soldiers that have cell phones will likely spread the info they glean from unofficial Russian outlets that contradict the official narrative.  That info will spread through the ranks like wildfire, further degrading morale.

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:45:56 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:46:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:46:31 AM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:53:52 AM EDT
[#42]
PMC Wagner has the only major obstacle before entering Moscow - the Oka River. The bridge is blocked by construction equipment. There seems to be no one to resist Prigozhin - he passed the Tula region without resistance.

"The First Stage of the Revolution". Putin's bet on a war of attrition has turned against him, world media write

Financial Times
Wagner fighters secretly appeared in Ukraine back in 2014, and now the consequences of the nine-year-old war threaten to undermine the foundations of the state built by Putin. These are the consequences of the problems that the president himself created, writes the FT in the article "He went crazy: how Putin's cook served him a dish of treason."

The Washington Post
The situation looks bad for Putin from all sides: no matter how the confrontation ends, it will hit both his positions and the positions of the Russian army at the front. If Putin leaves Shoigu, it will undermine the already low morale of the soldiers and officers of the Russian army, provoking desertion and additional losses just as Ukraine launches a counteroffensive.

The Wall Street Journal
This is the most serious challenge to Putin's power in his 23 years in office. “Time is not on his side,” an intelligence official from an Eastern European country told the newspaper. “The longer this goes on, the harder it will be for Putin to bring the situation back under control.”
At the same time, according to him, when Russia fights among themselves, it becomes less dangerous for the world.

Bloomberg
For Leonid Bershidsky, a Bloomberg columnist and Vedomosti's first editor-in-chief, Prigozhin's rebellion came as no surprise after so many months of the head of the mercenaries ridiculing the Russian military leadership. “But given the moment at which it happened – during the Ukrainian counter-offensive, this peculiar reconstruction of Benito Mussolini’s “march on Rome” in 1922 may be a harbinger of Russia’s defeat in the war unleashed by it,” writes Bershidsky.

Der Spiegel
The last to laugh here will be the Ukrainians, whose counter-offensive is likely to be facilitated by a power struggle in Russia, writes a German magazine: “So far, there have been no major changes on the front line, but it is only a matter of time before Kiev takes advantage of events.”

Putin has a few hours left to decide on the liquidation of PMC Wagner near Moscow

The Kremlin may give the order to launch an operation to eliminate the march of justice in the coming hours, a source close to the Kremlin told The Moscow Times. “Wagner can reach Moscow by nightfall. If the authorities want to prevent this, then they will have to carry out the operation in the coming hours,” the source said.

Now unconfirmed information has appeared in the channels that PMC Wagner arrived in the village of Barabanovo (Moscow region, 2 hours from the capital). Earlier it was known that PMCs got to the Tula region.

The source admitted that there is a possibility that PMC Wagner may decide to stop the movement. “If all of a sudden the Prigogine residents don’t suddenly stop on their own for one reason or another,” he said. The Moscow Times' interlocutor did not specify whether the authorities are currently negotiating with Prigozhin to stop the march.

The capital is preparing for the arrival of PMC Wagner. The military and public utilities are involved in the work. The layout writes that dump trucks with sand were pulled to the interchanges on the Moscow Ring Road in the Varshavskoye highway area, they may be needed to block traffic on the highways.

On the Varshavskoye highway itself, at the exit from Moscow, a small mobile military station with a field kitchen is deployed, the police are on duty, there is a car under a tarpaulin and a truck with military equipment.

"The first criminal to take the post of ruler of our unfortunate country." The former Minister of Defense of the DPR described the scenario of the seizure of power by Prigozhin

Former DPR Minister of Defense Igor Girkin believes that the idea of ​​Prigozhin’s team is extremely logical, risky, but strikes with courage and has a chance of success in an atmosphere of sluggishness and demotivation of all power structures of the Russian Federation.

“Having gained a foothold in Rostov and diverting attention to themselves, abruptly throw the most combat-ready shock units (several thousand bayonets) into a raid on Moscow. The task of which is to bypass all major centers (Voronezh passed by, Lipetsk passed in the same way) and trying not to get involved in battles with local garrisons (even without blocking them) - to rush to Moscow, ”said Girkin.

Further, according to Girkin, the calculation is made on the panic and flight of all senior officials and the seizure of power, "lying on the ground." Then Prigozhin will only have to take the turn of those eager to urgently swear allegiance to him by “suddenly enlightened” officials of all ranks and solemnly enter the Kremlin: “he will certainly become“ the best in hell ”and go down in history as the first criminal who took the post of ruler of our unfortunate country.

This strategy has only two vulnerabilities: the possibility of a collision with large units that are combat-ready and unwilling to surrender before approaching Moscow, and problems with supplying the strike force.

View Quote

So it was Wagner troop that were the little green men in crimea? I don't know how I missed that. I just thought they were Russian troops who had taken their identifiers off of their uniforms.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:58:16 AM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

I'm wanting so much to believe everything.  Clearly major events are underway, but this is almost too good to be true.  I wonder how much of the posting is wild snowballing.  This video for instance, could be a civilian attempt to block the road.  But it could also be road construction.  I have. I way to verify
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:58:23 AM EDT
[#44]

Financial Times

The Washington Post

The Wall Street Journal

Bloomberg

Der Spiegel

View Quote

Apparently someone doesn't know Russian history... Stalin was a criminal before the Communist/Russian Revolution 1917.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:59:24 AM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:59:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By _disconnector_:
I wept tears of joy as I watched that. This shit is just flat out hilarious. It's like watching The Three Stooges with nukes.
View Quote
I was the same
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:59:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:00:34 PM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:01:49 PM EDT
[#49]

What an age this is.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:04:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4341 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top