Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4845 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 2:31:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By swede1986:

The German establishment is left of even our Social Democrats. Their policies both on defense and energy are insane.
View Quote

E. Germany won the reunification.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 2:35:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Sako is part of Beretta now, the old Sako quality is gone forever.

Shot out a .308 TRG barrel within 2.8k rounds.  

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 2:37:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Shockergd:

I'm not a fan of him doing it but it makes total sense he did it : A commercial/civilian network was being used to coordinate what would have been one of the worst maritime disasters for a navy in world history : A Pearl Harbor type moment

The US Military already does have similar satellite capability....we're just not giving access to the Ukranians in such a system - Instead we're pushing/recommending they use starlink, to which they have with immense effect and could have used to even better effect.

It sucks, it's sad, but it's also a logical step for Elon, otherwise Russia could have been justified to start blowing SpaceX satellites out of the air which would be an absolute disaster for everyone.
View Quote

It was great of Musk to step up when the critical need arose. If not for him we would be laughing at DOD tweets about how they are considering and thinking about helping Ukraine with Sat. comms...The new US DOD doesnt do shit unless someone else does it first and signals the "all clear".

Too bad Musk got cold feet just when shit was about to get hot. That first surprise attack would have been epic, maybe on par with the Doolittle Raid.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 2:42:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
Sako is part of Beretta now, the old Sako quality is gone forever.

Shot out a .308 TRG barrel within 2.8k rounds.  

View Quote

Oh no!  That is tragic. The Finns really knew how to make a great off the shelf barrel and trigger. And extortion priced mags. 😅
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 2:48:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

The German establishment is left of even our Social Democrats. Their policies both on defense and energy are insane.

Nope, not at all, it's seems this way, but the West Germany leftists won. And these guys are worse than the East German left.

For over 50 years the left owned media is brainwashing people into thinking everything political right and conservative is bad. The East German left is far more conservative than the West German middle parties.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 2:49:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Wow. And a fellow communist no less...

BICS has a good ring to it...
View Quote

But but muh Brics
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 2:52:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't know why everyone is freaked out about BRICS.

Every single country in that list has fucked up credit and were once bailed out of the IMF.

It's just a fucken club for poor peeps with shitty credit.

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 2:53:07 PM EDT
[#8]
All I can say about Musk, is thank God he was there when he was, without him we'd be in a different world. As far as him pulling the plug, I can empathise with him, had he not, and it worked, Fuck Russia would have stopped at nothing to asassinate him. Its not like he travels around in a bullet proof anything. he's out there in the open.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 2:59:12 PM EDT
[#9]

I'm not a fan of him doing it but it makes total sense he did it : A commercial/civilian network was being used to coordinate what would have been one of the worst maritime disasters for a navy in world history : A Pearl Harbor type moment

The US Military already does have similar satellite capability....we're just not giving access to the Ukranians in such a system - Instead we're pushing/recommending they use starlink, to which they have with immense effect and could have used to even better effect.

It sucks, it's sad, but it's also a logical step for Elon, otherwise Russia could have been justified to start blowing SpaceX satellites out of the air which would be an absolute disaster for everyone.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tiberius:

Remember the stories of mystery drone boats (that turned out to be Ukrainian drones) washing ashore in Crimea?  Musk did that by cutting off their access. I doubt Ukraine would have launched the op if they knew that Starlink was geofenced to not work within 100km of the Crimean shoreline. He either did it while the op was underway or shortly before without telling them.

What if he decides to veto something DOD or NASA is doing that he is involved with because it isn’t in the interests of Moscow and/or Beijing?

He cannot be trusted after this. The Govt needs to look at alternative vendors, or find the USSF or NASA to implement their own.

It wouldn’t be a “Pearl Harbor” moment, because Russia and Ukraine have been at war for over a year now. If they got caught with their pants down after all this time it’s on them.

Also, the Japanese literally annihilating Russia’s Pacific and Baltic Fleets in succession in the 1904 War was a far greater disaster than the Ukrainians could inflict.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 3:04:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Group buys with Finland are already underway, with NCU and the new carbine being in the pipeline.

More are sure to follow.
View Quote
Time to reactivate the S-tanks and build MOAR
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 3:13:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By 8balls:

Yes, that would be the SAKO piston AR that will not be imported or available in US. In both 7,62 an 5,56.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Strong entry for new member. Now do group buys with Poland and Finland. 😁

Group buys with Finland are already underway, with NCU and the new carbine being in the pipeline.

More are sure to follow.

Yes, that would be the SAKO piston AR that will not be imported or available in US. In both 7,62 an 5,56.

So far it's looking good. I just hope the HK lawsuit is dropped soon.

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 3:15:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
View All Quotes

More are sure to follow.

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 3:27:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 3:27:51 PM EDT
[#14]
View All Quotes

More are sure to follow.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/077/988/my_body_is_ready.png

With a 140mm main gun.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 3:29:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Remember the stories of mystery drone boats (that turned out to be Ukrainian drones) washing ashore in Crimea?  Musk did that by cutting off their access. I doubt Ukraine would have launched the op if they knew that Starlink was geofenced to not work within 100km of the Crimean shoreline. He either did it while the op was underway or shortly before without telling them.

What if he decides to veto something DOD or NASA is doing that he is involved with because it isn’t in the interests of Moscow and/or Beijing?

He cannot be trusted after this. The Govt needs to look at alternative vendors, or find the USSF or NASA to implement their own.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 1969iggy:
Right, so the government directing traffic on the internet to make sure "disinformation" like anything that doesn't fit the democrats narrative didn't take actually nationalizing it, just taking control of it without actually buying it.  We need less government, not more.  Even if i disagree with Musk, i don't agree we should be forcing him to provide a service to a country at war.  I think he started a military version he can sell service to the US and allies, and maybe that gives him a layer of protection.  Either way, government is the problem, not the cure.

I agree.
Musk seems to be a net asset to the free world. I'm very glad he was able to help Ukraine with Starlink and it sounds like it was pivotal to Kyiv's survival. I'm still not sure if he simple did not allow his system to be used for a major attack or he pulled the rug out from under them right before the attack. I can see why he would do it from his perspective even if I strongly disagree. I think Musk is generally pro-Ukraine but he is probably a liberal and a pacifist and fails to see this war ideologically and historically.  

Xiden and his deep state fascists are out to get Musk precisely because he is an agent of free speech and stepped into the arena against them by buying twitter and taking away a key tool of propaganda.

There is another scenario to consider, which is that Musk said that he would provide for defensive operations but not attacks in certain areas...we don't know what was said in private.  Maybe that was Ukraine testing just how far they could push things and they found out.  I don't blame them, but i will at least consider that it's not some dubious plot by Musk.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 3:36:43 PM EDT
[#16]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F5wbws2XYAAGkmO?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F5wb_-nWcAAwjPl?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
View All Quotes

More are sure to follow.

Looks like a Geissele rail. Solid.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 3:51:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Stoltenberg "Putin wanted us to sign a paper. But signing a paper is against our principals.  So I am happy to say we stood up to him!  And so far it's only cost 400,000 Ukrainian lives.  But they are Ukrainian,  So who cares?  We still didn't sign the paper!  Ha!  Loser Putin!"
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 3:52:26 PM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 3:52:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GoldenMead] [#19]
Originally Posted By Jozsi:

Every single country in that list has fucked up credit and were once bailed out of the IMF.

View Quote

They also manufacture a shit ton of the worlds goods. Brazil now exports more corn and soybeans than the US.  With Saudi joining they now produce a lot of energy along with Russia.  BRICS could be a threat to us.  Especially with the current administration trying to fuck everything up.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 3:52:57 PM EDT
[#20]
This could calculate into why we supply ATACMS.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F5uXSfwW8AAJbAm?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote

Israel needs to make some stuff in Iran explode.  Of course, in a way that seems like a smoking accident.  They are good at that kind of stuff.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 3:54:57 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Russia kind of has it's hands full right now.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 4:03:15 PM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 4:06:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#23]
I like how Russia fantasizes about fighting NATO. Putin fans, here is a checklist:
- Do you have ships floating?
- Do you have functional air bases?
- Do you have aircraft?
- Do you have air defense missile launchers?
- Do you have troops alive in occupied territories?
- Are you shipping goods out of your sea ports?

If you answered “Yes” to one or more questions, then you are NOT at war with NATO. 😂

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 4:07:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 4:12:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Russia is a failed nation state. Dead man walking. What’s worse than a ruble? Apparently a rupee!

These conditions make it almost impossible to exchange rupees for currencies such as the dollar or euro.

As a result, most of the money earned from oil sales remains in India. Now the Russian government is faced with the task of determining which projects within India can invest these funds. However, it is worth considering that possible income from such investments will also not be available for withdrawal.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 4:13:54 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

More are sure to follow.

Damn those are sweet looking boom sticks
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 4:14:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Sid_Gumowitz:
View All Quotes
Stoltenberg "Putin wanted us to sign a paper. But signing a paper is against our principals.  So I am happy to say we stood up to him!  And so far it's only cost 400,000 Ukrainian lives.  But they are Ukrainian,  So who cares?  We still didn't sign the paper!  Ha!  Loser Putin!"

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 4:16:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#28]
“How do you fly this fucking thing? “

Not quite that bad. But Russia oh Russia…Hopefully the switch for the landing gear is easier to find.  VIDEO hilarity even if you don’t speak Russian.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 4:19:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Prime:
View Quote

OMG, this is a very old Leopard 1 chassis, built before 1970.

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 4:24:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Based German general states their parliament has approved Ukraine military aid at least through 2032! He makes strong statement of support. I thought as he got a bit passionate in speaking he was going to wrap up with “…and we will crush the Russian pigs!”  Good video interview clip
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 4:25:59 PM EDT
[#31]

Nope, not at all, it's seems this way, but the West Germany leftists won. And these guys are worse than the East German left.

For over 50 years the left owned media is brainwashing people into thinking everything political right and conservative is bad. The East German left is far more conservative than the West German middle parties.
View Quote

I trust you on this. And I agree that a Western leftist is the worst of them all.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 4:28:44 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

Exactly. A dysfunctional misfits club. Too bad they cannot work N. Korea into somehow. BRINKCS?
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 4:28:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Video of the oil platform “assault”. No enemy troops to resist but they were attacked by a jet (some say Su-30 or Su-24). Cool nonetheless. You have to prove and encroach whoever you can with small forces to see what intelligence you can gather and who knows, find a weakness to exploit.
I wonder if the UK Marine boat and amphibious training enabled or encouraged any of this?

View Quote

Did they hit one with a manpad?  Badass video! Would love to have translation to go along with it
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 4:32:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#34]
These days you just don’t know when a milblogger is whacked. Partisan? Or Putin?

https://twitter.com/albafella1/status/1701299003923497187
"War correspondent" (= Z propagandist) Gennady Dubovoy died in the center of Donetsk.

Ruzzian media report this. According to preliminary information, he went to buy flowers and was hit by a car.

Since 2014, Dubovoy has covered the activities of the “Donetsk people’s republic” militia, including the unit led by Arsen Pavlov (“Motorola”).
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 4:40:29 PM EDT
[#35]
These days you just don’t know when a milblogger is whacked. Partisan? Or Putin?
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_3651-2950286.jpg
"War correspondent" (= Z propagandist) Gennady Dubovoy died in the center of Donetsk.

Ruzzian media report this. According to preliminary information, he went to buy flowers and was hit by a car.

Since 2014, Dubovoy has covered the activities of the “Donetsk people’s republic” militia, including the unit led by Arsen Pavlov (“Motorola”).
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 4:41:58 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 4:43:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By m35ben:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 4:44:52 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote
Think he will come back and explain?
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 4:47:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Is anyone surprised by the “election” results? I don’t understand their meaning at all, why the hell waste money and time on this if the whole country knows the result in advance, all those who have never gone to these “elections” of yours, like me, for example. Although this is probably some kind of entertainment for pensioners, at least the old people will have fun.

https://t.me/Separ13_13/18902

Kherson direction, I have a question for the command of the 22nd Army Corps! In a language they understand.
Why the fuck is there no artillery preparation before landing troops on these fucking islands? There crests are like cockroaches, how long will you destroy the guys, faggots? Or have you run out of ammo?

https://t.me/Separ13_13/18930

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 4:49:07 PM EDT
[#40]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_3651-2950286.jpg

View Quote

A good reminder that in war, stupid domestic shit like this still happens, to both sides.

GENNADY Dubovoy was hit to death by this passenger in a car in Donetsk.

Commander of the DPR commandant regiment Vyacheslav Snitkin.

I ask the regulatory authorities to conduct a thorough investigation into this and jail this ghoul under Article 264 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation. This is the minimum, and at the maximum, check whether this was done on purpose, and here the article is already different.

https://t.me/Separ13_13/18953

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 5:10:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Saltwater-Hillbilly] [#41]

View All Quotes

It's worse than that.  The current SPD is largely led by the "1968 Generation" of Leftist West Germans who reflexively blame America for the entire Cold War, while the majority of "Greens" were the folks who grew up in the 80's protesting Kohl, Reagan and Thatcher; self-righteous little West German "Sheisskopfs" who tended to treat the video of Nena's "99 Luftbaloons" as some sort of future documentary.  Both are FAR more dogmatic and moralistic than the actual SED types, who infiltrated all the political parties (Mutter Merkel anyone?) and are largely driven by spite, corruption and revenge!
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 5:25:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By GoldenMead:

They also manufacture a shit ton of the worlds goods. Brazil now exports more corn and soybeans than the US.  With Saudi joining they now produce a lot of energy along with Russia.  BRICS could be a threat to us.  Especially with the current administration trying to fuck everything up.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GoldenMead:

In the short-term, Yes; in the long term, not so much.  I am originally from Eastern Ohio; ask me how quickly a manufacturing base can be moved or replicated and how quickly an established manufacturing economy can fold up like an accordion  when that happens!
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 5:27:27 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

I want a Sako AR
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 5:31:00 PM EDT
[#44]

There is another scenario to consider, which is that Musk said that he would provide for defensive operations but not attacks in certain areas...we don't know what was said in private.  Maybe that was Ukraine testing just how far they could push things and they found out.  I don't blame them, but i will at least consider that it's not some dubious plot by Musk.
View Quote

Fair points.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 5:37:05 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

Yeah but washing out the orc remnants and smell...
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 5:43:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: theskuh] [#46]

Fair points.
View All Quotes

Fair points.

I think he said that early and in public. That it was for communication. He may have had cold feet but I think it was clear that his intentions were more to give the Ukrainians secure comms and not weapons in a traditional sense. That's at least what I remember. You It makes sense to look at all of his motivation with a humanitarian lens. Spacex, twitter, tesla, starlink are all about advancing humanity
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 5:51:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

In the short-term, Yes; in the long term, not so much.  I am originally from Eastern Ohio; ask me how quickly a manufacturing base can be moved or replicated and how quickly an established manufacturing economy can fold up like an accordion  when that happens!
View Quote

Just heard yesterday they are tearing down the entire steel mill in Champion that my dad worked at when I grew up. I still miss that area but man there are so many areas where you go "It looks like this neighborhood used to be great 50 years ago"
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 6:00:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By xd675:

How is this skirting the Montreux Convention?

Do they have the votes amongst the other black seas states to amend the convention to permit passage of foreign warships in time of conflict?
View Quote

Pretty much Turkiye's call if they are or not ships of warring states.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 6:02:34 PM EDT
[#49]
“How do you fly this fucking thing? “

Not quite that bad. But Russia oh Russia…Hopefully the switch for the landing gear is easier to find.  VIDEO hilarity even if you don’t speak Russian.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_3650-2950281.jpg
View Quote

OMG, I want the translation! That's hysterical! I don't know Russian, but I picked up a "cyka" LOL!
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 6:03:03 PM EDT
[#50]

Russians worried how to get fuel so they can vacation on the bones of thousands.

It’s because you are stupid, evil bastards!
Heart rending video 😂

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_3646-2950108.jpg
View Quote

They deserve every bit of it ... every bit
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4845 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top