Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4936 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 9/28/2023 10:24:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gudabeg:

Other than trying to destabilize the Baltics, demanding all NATO troops leave Poland, the Baltics, Romania, Bulgaria, etc.

Look at the lessons of history:

Germany in 1938 was in a position where it would struggle against the Czechs alone and was about to go bankrupt.
In 1939 it was able to only fight the Poles by sending everything it had there and praying the allies wouldn't attack in the West, and was running low on stolen Czech cash.
By 1940 it was able to crush the Allies in France, and gobbled up the resources of Western Europe to continue the war.
And by 1941 conduct a massive invasion of the USSR, and gobbled up Soviet resources and food to prevent mass starvation in Germany.

Letting our enemies grow stronger and conquer land is a horrible idea.

Though if you don't like WW2 we can use other examples like Napoleon and the Fourth Coalition where Prussia waiting to enter the war let Napoleon defeat Austria and then turn toward Prussia alone, leading to Prussia's subjugation by Napoleon.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mokerr:

Whoa whoa pal apparently after Ukraine all of NATO is up for grabs to them. Even though they've never tried it. And would be defeated immediately. And don't have any capability to even defeat Ukraine much less NATO.  They'll take over the whole of Europe if not for us pumping money into this stalemate..

Other than trying to destabilize the Baltics, demanding all NATO troops leave Poland, the Baltics, Romania, Bulgaria, etc.

Look at the lessons of history:

Germany in 1938 was in a position where it would struggle against the Czechs alone and was about to go bankrupt.
In 1939 it was able to only fight the Poles by sending everything it had there and praying the allies wouldn't attack in the West, and was running low on stolen Czech cash.
By 1940 it was able to crush the Allies in France, and gobbled up the resources of Western Europe to continue the war.
And by 1941 conduct a massive invasion of the USSR, and gobbled up Soviet resources and food to prevent mass starvation in Germany.

Letting our enemies grow stronger and conquer land is a horrible idea.

Though if you don't like WW2 we can use other examples like Napoleon and the Fourth Coalition where Prussia waiting to enter the war let Napoleon defeat Austria and then turn toward Prussia alone, leading to Prussia's subjugation by Napoleon.

Knowing your history implicitly demonstrates the ignorance of others; as is the case here.  Good post.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 10:25:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 10:26:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By stgdz:

Without divulging to much.

Is there a plan to protect the transport of these things from the manuf site to the af base in the future.  I would hope our galaxy brain leaders have been watching the strikes in Russia and asking the question.

"What happens when the war comes home for the US?"
View Quote

probably the same thing they use now. fedex custom critical. Its not that far from the airforce base. Its not so much the shipments that need to be protected as much as it is the facility itself. That why they put it close to the airforce base with an army rotary wing aviation base pretty close as well. There's also 2nd airforce base about a 130 miles from it as well
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 10:35:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
View Quote
My guess is they are talking how to proceed due to half of the US HoR being total consumed with contrarian politics and dopamine hitting buzzlines instead of strategic long term thinking.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 10:45:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#5]
"I really wanted to live": the story of a special forces officer of the Defense Intelligence of Ukraine who fell out of a boat and swam for 14 hours in the open sea.

In mid-August, a fighter with the call sign "Konan" from the Artan battalion of the Defense Intelligence of Ukraine was carrying out a special operation in the Black Sea. When the Defenders were returning back, an enemy Su-24 came on their trail. Trying to evade fire, their boat began maneuvering. That's how "Konan" ended up overboard.  

Shortly before that, the special forces officer decided to put on a life jacket and remove all his equipment, leaving only a diving thermal suit. In 20 minutes he was already 130 kilometers from the shore.  

The fighter admits that at first he panicked, but decided to swim. The landmark for him was one of the gas rigs, which was located about 20 kilometers away from him.  

"Konan" swam despite dehydration and fatigue. Only thoughts of his family added to his strength. At one point he saw a boat approaching. There were his brothers-in-arms who had tracked him down with the help of the Bayraktar.  

"The first thing I did when I felt the solid ground under my feet, I wrote a message to my wife, but I still haven't told her about what happened" - said the Defender in an interview with UP.

📸 &✒️: Ukrainska Pravda
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 10:51:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Finally NATO Secretary General Stoltenberg also met with Ukrainian President Zelensky in Kyiv today.

Stoltenberg announced that NATO now had over-arching framework contracts in place with arms companies worth 2.4 billion euros for key ammunition to Ukraine.

He said such contracts will allow the Alliance members to replenish their depleted stockpiles while also continuing to provide Ukraine with ammunition.

https://reuters.com/world/europe/ukrainian-forces-are-gradually-gaining-ground-nato-chief-says-2023-09-28/

Also…
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 10:58:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Yeah, I'm torn...

either the German Taurus dont work because dilapidated and un-maintained and will need 87K German technicians to fire OR Russian gas/oil money is still influencing German politicians. (probably both)

But fearing "direct confrontation" is total bullshit.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
How does Chancellor Scholz fantasize that Russia could engage in direct conflict with Germany? 1,500 km from the front protected by Ukraine and Poland?

Or do you still have your fat fingers in the Russian economy and worried about your Euros? Deflection, much?

Chancellor Olaf Scholz has put the move on hold because of concerns that German personnel would have to travel to Ukraine to help maintain and operate the sophisticated weapon.

According to officials, Scholz believes that a parliamentary vote is needed to move troops to the war zone.

He is also concerned that such a move could draw Germany even deeper into the conflict, which could lead to a direct confrontation with Russia.

I ain’t buying the “technicians in Ukraine.”  This stall reeks of “muh piggy bank at risk!”

Yeah, I'm torn...

either the German Taurus dont work because dilapidated and un-maintained and will need 87K German technicians to fire OR Russian gas/oil money is still influencing German politicians. (probably both)

The Orcs are blackmailing the German gov.

Link Posted: 9/28/2023 11:01:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#8]
Russian Telegram channel VCHK-OGPU: the meeting of Putin and Kadyrov lasted about five minutes. Pro-Kremlin journalists were asked to leave the room.

The first video of the meeting was published by a Kremlin propagandist Zarubin. It shows the time on Putin's watch: 12:48. The full version of the video is less than four minutes, then Kadyrov's conversation with Putin stops abruptly (due to Kadyrov not looking well?).  

Zarubin published the first video at 13:11, and it only showed Kadyrov from the back. The full version was published at 13:22 and shows Kadyrov smiling.

However, the video's metadata shows that it was edited on a MacBook. About a month ago, Apple products started being banned in government offices, starting with the Kremlin. Therefore, this is either Kadyrov from a month (or more) ago, or propagandists once more broke their own rules.

Reporteldly, Kadyrov's plane is still in Moscow and there is still enforced security in Moscow's Central Clinical Hospital, but it has moved to another building.

Source: VCHK-OGPU/Telegram
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 11:03:06 AM EDT
[#9]
~30 sec vid in tweet Russians wearing Ukrainian uniforms‼️

In the Zaporizhzhia area, fighters of the 128th separate mountain assault brigade, in cooperation with military intelligence, captured an enemy unit, which, with Ukrainian uniforms, tried to infiltrate into Ukraine controlled territory to carry out sabotage.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 11:12:22 AM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 9/28/2023 11:17:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Lolol
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 11:25:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: burnka871] [#12]
Lolol
View Quote

This response still applies
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 11:38:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By voodochild:

So I wonder if Iran selling ballistic missiles will get the Izzy's involved.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By voodochild:
https://x.com/TreasChest/status/1707251887844516289

😡 Iran plans to sell Russia new drones and ballistic missiles - ISW.

In particular, such an arrangement may come into effect after October 18. That's when the UN Security Council, which prohibits the Iranian authorities from making such supplies, will expire.

Channel 24

So I wonder if Iran selling ballistic missiles will get the Izzy's involved.

Doubtful.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 11:45:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Lolol
View Quote

I'm concerned that the USA will pressure UKR to take a "land for peace" deal, which would send a terrible message to Russia ("Go ahead, do another land grab in 5 or more years and expand your territory again...").

CMOS
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 11:45:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 11:52:15 AM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 9/28/2023 11:54:14 AM EDT
[#17]

Yeah, I'm torn...

View All Quotes
How does Chancellor Scholz fantasize that Russia could engage in direct conflict with Germany? 1,500 km from the front protected by Ukraine and Poland?

Or do you still have your fat fingers in the Russian economy and worried about your Euros? Deflection, much?

Chancellor Olaf Scholz has put the move on hold because of concerns that German personnel would have to travel to Ukraine to help maintain and operate the sophisticated weapon.

According to officials, Scholz believes that a parliamentary vote is needed to move troops to the war zone.

He is also concerned that such a move could draw Germany even deeper into the conflict, which could lead to a direct confrontation with Russia.

I ain't buying the "technicians in Ukraine."  This stall reeks of "muh piggy bank at risk!"

Yeah, I'm torn...

You've gotta understand how to see the nuance of German political statements.

They are worried that the russian bagmen who regularly hand them envelopes filled with cash will have a "direct confrontation" with them for not doing what they are told.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 12:12:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Lolol
View Quote

I'll bet they are.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 12:16:10 PM EDT
[#19]
The Third Assault in Andriivka: close combat and clearing of the destroyed village

????? ???????? ? ?????????: ?????? ??? ?? ???????? ???????????? ??????

Link Posted: 9/28/2023 12:18:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By CMOS:

I'm concerned that the USA will pressure UKR to take a "land for peace" deal, which would send a terrible message to Russia ("Go ahead, do another land grab in 5 or more years and expand your territory again...").

CMOS
View Quote

I expect that is exactly why russia is saying in public that they are willing to negotiate, to erode support for ukraine continuing the war.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 12:32:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

I'll bet they are.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jungatheart:
Lolol

I'll bet they are.

They still want Ukraine to surrender, everything neutralized, they are neutral and a big nothing state for them.

Link Posted: 9/28/2023 12:43:12 PM EDT
[#22]

In the Zaporizhzhia area, fighters of the 128th separate mountain assault brigade, in cooperation with military intelligence, captured an enemy unit, which, with Ukrainian uniforms, tried to infiltrate into Ukraine controlled territory to carry out sabotage.
View Quote

Summary execution would be acceptable. Warfare has rules, which Russia ignores.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 12:47:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By coralreefer:

View Quote

Not entirely true, but if you need any more MTG ammo you could always just say she is half animal as having 3 toes in each foot...
MTG
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 12:58:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:
A long time ago I used to watch the students do auto rotations in TH55s from those bleachers. Those little things could take an absolute beating. We lived about a mile up the road, it was cheap entertainment. Once in a while we even got to see our dad fly in and out, he was an IP at the time, but he was teaching NVGs at night mostly.
View Quote

its so much cooler when you know the pilot. I've lived around here my whole life. But one of the most memorable times is when I was 10-11. I was playing rec ball and we were practicing in ozark for the all star championships. The coach was an apache pilot and couldn't make it that day, but promised to do a flyover, and he did. Everyone got so excited.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 12:59:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By CMOS:

CMOS
View Quote
100% possible USA pressures this. Two ways this would go and neither good. First is it sends a message at least comparable or worse than what happened in Afghanistan (only this time the right will shoulder the blame) or, secondly, once Russia sees the west is out and UA is on their own, they double down and press the conflict further.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 1:01:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:

They aren't ignoring them, they just don't give
a shit about rules except for others and they
certainly don't care if their men are executed
except in the Kabuki theatre called the news.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 1:10:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Jozsi:

Yep. When I was in Egypt in 83 there were still destroyed planes just pushed to the side at Cairo West.

my favorite and amusing saying with my Namibian friends when I visit and I hear them talk is

TIA TIA TIA.

and we all look at each other and roll our eyes...

This is Africa....

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jozsi:
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:
Originally Posted By NE223:
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

That had to hurt!  That crash clean-up is going to be messy!

It's Africa they're not going to clean that shit up. It'll still be there 45 years from now.  

Yep!

Yep. When I was in Egypt in 83 there were still destroyed planes just pushed to the side at Cairo West.

my favorite and amusing saying with my Namibian friends when I visit and I hear them talk is

TIA TIA TIA.

and we all look at each other and roll our eyes...

This is Africa....

Link Posted: 9/28/2023 1:10:40 PM EDT
[#28]
The U.S. has buddyfucked so many allies since I've been born, I'm always shocked we're able to find any allies.  Best case scenario, you get a sincere commitment initially and then 2 or 4 years later the government changes and you're left hanging.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 1:16:22 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

That's summary execution in the field territory.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 1:37:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:
Watching the Republican debate. As a DeSantis supporter, he's still disappointingly coming across as squishy on Ukraine. Regrettably even threw in some of the populist BS phrases like "territorial dispute".

Why are Scott, Haley, and Christie doing a better job articulating the reason it benefits us to support Ukraine and degrade a national enemy than the sole military veteran on stage?
View Quote

Thats the $64K question for a LOT of them.
I assume that DeSantis (or his advisors) have gambled on an isolationist lane to try to get some traction in the primaries.
Probably the same reason that Trump seems squishy also.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 1:40:27 PM EDT
[#31]

Seems to be sadly so.

Which is frustrating as DeSantis is great on domestic issues, but on Ukraine he's spineless.
View Quote

I agree with you both.
Haili/DeSantis ticket?
But lets not forget Trump...
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 1:48:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Bartholomew_Roberts:
The U.S. has buddyfucked so many allies since I've been born, I'm always shocked we're able to find any allies.  Best case scenario, you get a sincere commitment initially and then 2 or 4 years later the government changes and you're left hanging.
View Quote
That's what happens when our foreign policy wildly shifts with every election on the whims of domestic partisan politics while our main adversaries are dictators with 10-20+ years of power.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 1:50:07 PM EDT
[#33]
China boosts Ukraine with large corn purchases

HAMBURG/KYIV/SINGAPORE, Sept 28 (Reuters) - Chinese importers are believed to have made large purchases of animal feed corn from Ukraine in the past two weeks, traders in Asia and Europe said on Thursday, providing a boost for the war-ravaged country from an unlikely source.

The traders were unable to say the exact volumes but several said they amounted to several hundred thousand metric tons. Some estimates from European traders ranged from 500,000 to 1 million tons for shipment between October and December.

A Ukrainian government source also confirmed corn sales to China, a key ally of Russia, particularly since Moscow’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine in February 2022.

“Importers in China have bought around 10 to 12 Panamax cargoes of Ukrainian corn for November/December shipment,” said a Singapore-based trader at an international grains trading company, referring to a size of ship with a capacity that typically exceeds 60,000 tons of grain.

“Ukraine is the cheapest origin for corn as of now,” the trader said.

A Ukrainian government source said: “I cannot tell you the volume, but I know that many (traders) did it and it is a good trend (for Ukrainian corn).”

https://www.reuters.com/article/grains-china-ukraine/update-3-china-boosts-ukraine-with-large-corn-purchases-idUSL1N3B4167

Link Posted: 9/28/2023 2:00:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#34]

Not the bridge.

Link Posted: 9/28/2023 2:01:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#35]

https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/ukrainealert/ukraines-counteroffensive-is-making-real-progress-on-the-crimean-front/
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 2:01:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Prime:
China boosts Ukraine with large corn purchases

HAMBURG/KYIV/SINGAPORE, Sept 28 (Reuters) - Chinese importers are believed to have made large purchases of animal feed corn from Ukraine in the past two weeks, traders in Asia and Europe said on Thursday, providing a boost for the war-ravaged country from an unlikely source.

The traders were unable to say the exact volumes but several said they amounted to several hundred thousand metric tons. Some estimates from European traders ranged from 500,000 to 1 million tons for shipment between October and December.

A Ukrainian government source also confirmed corn sales to China, a key ally of Russia, particularly since Moscow’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine in February 2022.

“Importers in China have bought around 10 to 12 Panamax cargoes of Ukrainian corn for November/December shipment,” said a Singapore-based trader at an international grains trading company, referring to a size of ship with a capacity that typically exceeds 60,000 tons of grain.

“Ukraine is the cheapest origin for corn as of now,” the trader said.

A Ukrainian government source said: “I cannot tell you the volume, but I know that many (traders) did it and it is a good trend (for Ukrainian corn).”

https://www.reuters.com/article/grains-china-ukraine/update-3-china-boosts-ukraine-with-large-corn-purchases-idUSL1N3B4167

View Quote

Let's see if Russia bothers those freighters on the open seas.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 2:02:09 PM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 9/28/2023 2:03:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Old_Fashioned:

It’s a Soviet civil war. They will never invade a NATO country. When the wall came down we saw how terrified they were of being invaded. We literally paid Russia to win WW2 for us, then paid Europe to counter. All while our country rots from the inside.
View Quote

An interesting take...
But the CCCP is dead and buried. This is a war between Russia and Ukraine. One could make a case that it's really Russia .vs NATO or the West but claiming this is a "Soviet civil war" is silly.

*also technically the American Civil War was not a "civil war" either since the South was just trying to break away and NOT trying to take control over the USA. Just like Ukraine is NOT fighting to take control of Moscow or Russia (or CCCP II).

As for the USA paying Russia...we had little choice to join up with Stalin after German declared war on the USA after Pearl Harbor. I will argue that we helped Russia way too much with lend-lease but we were losing and had no idea we would end up winning by '45.

I will agree that the USA has been rotting from the inside. Ironically the CCCP has contributed to this by working with the DNC during the cold war and fostering communism in academia.  Dont you think Russia deserves a good kick in the ass and 5% of our defense budget for that alone?
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 2:04:40 PM EDT
[#39]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_3993-2969226.jpg

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/28/2023 2:06:50 PM EDT
[#40]

An interesting take...
But the CCCP is dead and buried. This is a war between Russia and Ukraine. One could make a case that it's really Russia .vs NATO or the West but claiming this is a "Soviet civil war" is silly.

*also technically the American Civil War was not a "civil war" either since the South was just trying to break away and NOT trying to take control over the USA. Just like Ukraine is NOT fighting to take control of Moscow or Russia (or CCCP II).

As for the USA paying Russia...we had little choice to join up with Stalin after German declared war on the USA after Pearl Harbor. I will argue that we helped Russia way too much with lend-lease but we were losing and had no idea we would end up winning by '45.

I will agree that the USA has been rotting from the inside. Ironically the CCCP has contributed to this by working with the DNC during the cold war and fostering communism in academia.  Dont you think Russia deserves a good kick in the ass and 5% of our defense budget for that alone?
View Quote

It was very successful at killing 5 million Germans and 10 million Soviets.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 2:08:45 PM EDT
[#41]

An interesting take...

View Quote
I applaud your patience with the drive by's
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 2:08:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Prime:

Opinion of the source of the Cheka-OGPU:

“Apparently one more piece of the puzzle has been added to the detention of Ruben Vardanyan. Today, the US Department of Justice has intensified the investigation against Swiss banks - UBS and Credit Suisse (now one bank). They are accused of helping sanctioned Russians circumvent sanctions and hide money. Taking into account the fact that At one time, Ruben Vardanyan was accused of creating the largest Laundromat machine from Russia, with the help of Troika Dialog (later Sberbank CIB) and the Armenian bank Ameria Bank, then getting into the Swiss investigation is a logical continuation.

This morning, the growing crypto exchange Binance also sold its Russian division. The US Department of Justice is also behind this, threatening to prosecute the owner for helping Russia circumvent sanctions. Today, the Russian financial sector made a “gesture of goodwill” (in the terminology of the Russian Ministry of Defense) of unprecedented scale.

https://t.me/vchkogpu/42104

View Quote

How many Hunter paintings has Mr. Ruben purchased?

There are several Russian big-shots who mysteriously stayed off the sanctions list which BTW has NOTHING to do with payments THEY MADE to Hunter et al....
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 2:09:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Not the bridge.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7IT0gwWMAAV86X?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

Not sure how you catch a quarry on fire, but there ya go

? ?????????? ????? ???????????:??????-?????? ????? ? ????

https://kerch.fm/2023/09/28/bev-storone-bondarenkovo-silnyj-pozhar-vidno-s-naberezhnoj-kerchi.html
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 2:17:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Russian modification of the "Kornet" ATGM, which turns it into a "Stugna" analogue.

For the first time, a video with another modified ATGM, namely "Fagot" appeared in early May: a thermal optical sight, a camera and a control unit were installed.

It is likely that volunteers are engaged in the development for now, but given the amount of resources in the Russian Federation, the modification may go into series

Source

https://t.me/killpukin/17104

Link Posted: 9/28/2023 2:22:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Auto5guy:

You've gotta understand how to see the nuance of German political statements.

They are worried that the russian bagmen who regularly hand them envelopes filled with cash will have a "direct confrontation" with them for not doing what they are told.
View Quote

Ya ya, gut.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 2:27:11 PM EDT
[#46]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_3993-2969226.jpg

View Quote
YES!  This is what I've been waiting for.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 2:27:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

It was very successful at killing 5 million Germans and 10 million Soviets.
View Quote

Yes. It sped up the end, at least in Europe and probably saved some Jews. Had we bombed the rail lines to the camps it would have probably done more.
It's not fair to look back with perfect hindsight and be smarter than our forefathers who didnt know how things would go.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 2:29:10 PM EDT
[#48]
The Prime Minister of Romania explained the rejection of the further ban on the export of Ukrainian grain

After September 15, Romania did not introduce a unilateral ban on the import of Ukrainian agricultural products, as some Eastern European countries did, because it believes that Ukraine should be helped as much as possible until the war ends. This was announced by the Prime Minister of Romania, Marcel Ciolacu, RBC-Ukraine reports.

As the head of the country's government noted, based on this position, he suggested the option of licensing the export and import of Ukrainian agricultural products, after consultations with the President of Romania Klaus Iohannis.

“Thanks to the dialogue, we found this licensing system for exports from Ukraine, so that farmers are protected, but we did not come up with a ban. Because that would be a signal that we don't want to help Ukraine, which is not true,” said M. Ciolacu.
He also added that the governments of Poland, Slovakia, and Moldova are interested in the possibility of introducing a similar licensing system.

“Poland and Slovakia also want this system to be used. The licensing system will also be introduced with the Republic of Moldova,” the Prime Minister noted.

https://www.apk-inform.com/en/news/1536780

Link Posted: 9/28/2023 2:39:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lieh-tzu] [#49]
Lolol
View Quote

Ooooh! Let me handle the reply!

The US is prepared to offer full and complete guarantees for Russia's security and territorial integrity, including an end to all US weapons shipments to Ukraine. Further, the US will not oppose continued Russian permanent UNSC membership.

In consideration of this, Russia will:
Remove all Russian military and civilian personnel and all military & intelligence equipment and systems from the territory of Ukraine, as internationally recognized and officially accepted by Russia in the 1997 treaty with Ukraine.
Return to compliance with that treaty, publicly renounce all claim to any sovereign territory of Ukraine and amend its constitution and laws accordingly, excepting that Sevastopol is sovereign territory of Ukraine, and Ukraine may freely choose not to accept any lease to Russia of any part of the city.
End all production and maintenance of nuclear weapons, publicly verify destruction of all existing nuclear weapons, accept IAEA independent inspections without any limit on any facility under Russian control.
Surrender the southern Kuril's to Japan.
Fully demilitarize Kaliningrad, and allow any descendants of former residents prior to Soviet occupation to buy property and vote in Kaliningrad.
Provide Ukraine with free gas and oil for 20 years as reparations for war destruction.
Allow a UN-conducted census in all of Russia in which all persons from Ukraine will be identified and removed from Russia to an independent third party nation, where those persons may choose freely and without coercion whether they wish to live in Russia, Ukraine, or apply for refugee status somewhere else.
All FSB agents and officers are to be publicly identified and forbidden to hold any public office or employment anywhere in the world.
Withdraw all military troops and equipment at least 25 miles from all their western borders and accept this as a demilitarized zone. Any nation on Russia's western borders may, without notice, destroy any military equipment/personnel in that DMZ without recourse or compensation.
Fully disclose all chemical & biological weapons programs and allow international inspections of bio/chem facilities under Russian control without limitation.
Extradite to the Hague any Russian for war crimes trial where there is evidence to support a trial.

Accept these terms, and we shall have peace in Europe for a generation.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 2:45:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

Ooooh! Let me handle the reply!

The US is prepared to offer full and complete guarantees for Russia's security and territorial integrity, including an end to all US weapons shipments to Ukraine. Further, the US will not oppose continued Russian permanent UNSC membership.

In consideration of this, Russia will:
Remove all Russian military and civilian personnel and all military & intelligence equipment and systems from the territory of Ukraine, as internationally recognized and officially accepted by Russia in the 1997 treaty with Ukraine.
Return to compliance with that treaty, publicly renounce all claim to any sovereign territory of Ukraine and amend its constitution and laws accordingly, excepting that Sevastopol is sovereign territory of Ukraine, and Ukraine may freely choose not to accept any lease to Russia of any part of the city.
End all production and maintenance of nuclear weapons, publicly verify destruction of all existing nuclear weapons, accept IAEA independent inspections without any limit on any facility under Russian control.
Surrender the southern Kuril's to Japan.
Fully demilitarize Kaliningrad, and allow any descendants of former residents prior to Soviet occupation to buy property and vote in Kaliningrad.
Provide Ukraine with free gas and oil for 20 years as reparations for war destruction.
Allow a UN-conducted census in all of Russia in which all persons from Ukraine will be identified and removed from Russia to an independent third party nation, where those persons may choose freely and without coercion whether they wish to live in Russia, Ukraine, or apply for refugee status somewhere else.
All FSB agents and officers are to be publicly identified and forbidden to hold any public office or employment anywhere in the world.
Withdraw all military troops and equipment at least 25 miles from all their western borders and accept this as a demilitarized zone. Any nation on Russia's western borders may, without notice, destroy any military equipment/personnel in that DMZ without recourse or compensation.

Accept these terms, and we shall have peace in Europe for a generation.
View Quote

Russian war criminals must be prosecuted.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4936 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top