Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4942 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 9/29/2023 4:34:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

Start with Henry VIII and work forward. Similar tactics were used against Scotland but very different results in Ireland (religious oppression and weaponized famine to clear population for noble estates). If he had simply enforced his rule and left out trying to annihilate/genocide Catholics he could have easily subjugated Ireland forever. But he chose scorched earth on them instead.

Russia might want to pay attention to that. When you use state controlled religion to justify your power grab you leave the population no room to exist. They have nothing to lose by resisting forever.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jungatheart:
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

It never ceases to amaze me how people can commit genocide on each other - throughout all of human history - for the slightest perceived differences. It always seems to happen between peoples who are very close to each other ethnically.

What happens in Ireland confuses
the shit out of me.

Start with Henry VIII and work forward. Similar tactics were used against Scotland but very different results in Ireland (religious oppression and weaponized famine to clear population for noble estates). If he had simply enforced his rule and left out trying to annihilate/genocide Catholics he could have easily subjugated Ireland forever. But he chose scorched earth on them instead.

Russia might want to pay attention to that. When you use state controlled religion to justify your power grab you leave the population no room to exist. They have nothing to lose by resisting forever.

Henry did start the ball rolling, but the Troubles came to be a bit later, after Parliament sent Cromwell with an Army to crush the rebellion which Charles I had been trying to deal with when he blundered into the first Civil War. First, Cromwell lost his shit when storming Drogheda and butchered the garrison (and a portion of the civilians in town ) before he regained his self-control…..then after the war Parliament paid his men with land in what is now Northern Ireland, creating the conditions for the “Troubles”, it’s lasted long after both sides ceased observing the religions their ancestors fervently believed in when it started.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 4:37:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7N7r6RWwAAHB4-?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

I dunno if that's going to help against a DPICM ATACMS warhead.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 4:38:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dracster] [#3]
Things might be heating up in Kosovo. Not sure how this might impact Russia, Serbia's historical guardian. But Serbia, Kosova and Bosnia are the only non-NATO members in that region. The conflict will be within a pocket of several NATO countries including pseudo-NATO Hungary. I imagine there is a Russian pipeline through that area as well.

NATO increase in deploying to northern Kosovo???! What about ESCLATION???!!

View Quote

Just after the Ukraine War kicked off, Kosovo asked for a permanent NATO base be established and their NATO membership be sped up. The issue with the latter is four NATO members don't recognize Kosovo's independence from Serbia.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 4:40:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Tiberius:

Henry did start the ball rolling, but the Troubles came to be a bit later, after Parliament sent Cromwell with an Army to crush the rebellion which Charles I had been trying to deal with when he blundered into the first Civil War. First, Cromwell lost his shit when storming Drogheda and butchered the garrison (and a portion of the civilians in town ) before he regained his self-control…..then after the war Parliament paid his men with land in what is now Northern Ireland, creating the conditions for the “Troubles”, it’s lasted long after both sides ceased observing the religions their ancestors fervently believed in when it started.
View All Quotes

It never ceases to amaze me how people can commit genocide on each other - throughout all of human history - for the slightest perceived differences. It always seems to happen between peoples who are very close to each other ethnically.

the shit out of me.

Answers like these are why I love this site.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 4:42:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

I agree with this. China was basically sneaking up on the sleeping US giant with a huge club waiting to pounce when Russia began to bark...

I doubt we are all in the clear but it's possible Russia "saved" US by jumping too soon and missing the mark so badly.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kncook:

I don’t think so at all.

I think China is pissed at Russia and if they don’t do what they want in the next year or two it’s over for their ambitions.

We aren’t “gutting” ourselves of anything g that would be needed vs China. What we are doing is prodding awake our sleepy defense industry awake to ramp up weapon production. Have you seen weapon sales for this? We are also now forced to face the supply chain issues with china before they ever made their big move on Taiwan.

This has energized the US defense industry. The 1980s HARM missiles, Cluster munitions that were set to be decommissioned, block 28/32 F16s, and all the old M113s, old gear etc that has been given away is getting replaced by new shiny stuff. New LRASM Missile production is now pumped to go through the roof because of what we are seeing and learning. F35 production through the roof, evaluating accusation channels with China/Russia in mind more closely, etc.

All this stuff is NOT what china wanted.

I agree with this. China was basically sneaking up on the sleeping US giant with a huge club waiting to pounce when Russia began to bark...

I doubt we are all in the clear but it's possible Russia "saved" US by jumping too soon and missing the mark so badly.

Xi Jinping wanted to be the guy who finished off the Nationalists and made China a Superpower….his greed and hubris led him to make his move about 10-20 years too early. Or he and the CCP realize from their own data they didn’t have 10-20 years to make their move and decided to play the hand they had and hope for the best… kind of like Hirohito and his fellow travelers in 1940-41. Could be either.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 4:47:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#6]

Royal Princess of Wales Regiment - the reserve force for NATO's Kosovo* Force (KFOR) - to NATO so that it can provide support if necessary." - Ministry of Defence of the United Kingdom.  
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 4:53:10 PM EDT
[#7]
something is changing
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 4:54:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
View Quote

How quaint….Vucic thinks he can emulate Azerbaijan. Problem is, Aliyev’s claims are recognized under International law, and he’s useful to the West. Vucic enjoys neither advantage.

And we aren’t Russia, hoping to make a State out of Kosovo and prepared to let them twist in the wind to force them into our orbit deeper while unable to act anyway.

He really needs to think twice about this.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 4:55:23 PM EDT
[#9]
https://t.me/astrapress/39058

In the Nizhny Novgorod region, an ex-prisoner from Wagner burned his sister alive

The cause of the murder was a domestic dispute. The victim died on the spot, and her brother Oleg Grechko was taken to the hospital with multiple burns.

Previously, 55-year-old Grechko was convicted several times. In March 2022, he was sentenced to 11 years in a special regime colony for the murder of his acquaintance, whom he stabbed at least 12 times and then strangled with a wire from a boiler.

A year later, he received a pardon thanks to his service in the Wagner PMC. The last criminal case was brought against him this summer - for beatings and theft.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 4:55:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Serbs seem to have a lot in common with Russians.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 5:20:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:
View Quote

Or some of them are Russians.  On holiday, da?
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 5:27:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Saltwater-Hillbilly] [#12]
View Quote

And have for a long time.  One of the main triggers for World War One was Russia mobilizing against the Austro-Hungarian Empire to protect the Serbs from the ass-beating they richly deserved!
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 5:46:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Granit? This is Sky Rambo. Hold fire! Hold fire! Damn you bastards, I’m gonna shove those abacus beads up your ass! You are shooting at me! Hold fire!  No no no! Don’t “Fire!” Granit, damn you MF!!!!!!!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_4018-2969829.jpg

Pilot died in the plane.

View Quote

Hopefully the pilot died as well
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 6:05:52 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote
It breaks my ruthless heart when Ukraine can only afford one HIMARS for a target that's absolutely begging for a full salvo of six.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 6:10:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Xi Jinping wanted to be the guy who finished off the Nationalists and made China a Superpower .his greed and hubris led him to make his move about 10-20 years too early. Or he and the CCP realize from their own data they didn't have 10-20 years to make their move and decided to play the hand they had and hope for the best  kind of like Hirohito and his fellow travelers in 1940-41. Could be either.
View Quote
Whats super interesting is that China is making some of the same mistakes for the same reasons.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 6:11:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Things might be heating up in Kosovo. Not sure how this might impact Russia, Serbia’s historical guardian. But Serbia, Kosova and Bosnia are the only non-NATO members in that region. The conflict will be within a pocket of several NATO countries including pseudo-NATO Hungary. I imagine there is a Russian pipeline through that area as well.

NATO increase in deploying to northern Kosovo???! What about ESC☢️LATION???!!

View Quote

Jeeez not again!!! Apparently Serbia cannot let go of the historically Serb heartland territory that is now inside Kosovo. Like Russia, they do not agree that Kosovo exists.

*The historic heartland of Hungary (Szekelyfold) is inside Romania. WWII fucked up a lot of borders...
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 6:19:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

Fixed one detail.

It baffles me that Putin would rather be a client state of China than a partner with Europe. But that's where he is and the course he's charting. They think China's going to be better to them than Euro & US?

Putin and his cadre have to go, then we can maybe start putting pieces back together with a new generation of Russian leaders.
View Quote

Europe and the US was eager to cozy up to Putin and Russia despite everything. All Putin had to do is be the good pimp and collect the money hand over fist. But he had to play the brutal asshole...
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 6:21:11 PM EDT
[#18]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7N7r6RWwAAHB4-?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

We should definitely stall on long range fires until Russia has plenty of time to entrench and reinforce bases and logistics against them.

Link Posted: 9/29/2023 6:21:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#19]
Click To View Spoilerhttps://defaakto.com/2023/09/29/intelligence-notes-into-the-meat-grinder-attrition-of-russian-special-forces-in-ukraine/

Link Posted: 9/29/2023 6:26:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheLurker] [#20]

Jeeez not again!!! Apparently Serbia cannot let go of the historically Serb heartland territory that is now inside Kosovo. Like Russia, they do not agree that Kosovo exists.

*The historic heartland of Hungary (Szekelyfold) is inside Romania. WWII fucked up a lot of borders...
View All Quotes
Things might be heating up in Kosovo. Not sure how this might impact Russia, Serbia’s historical guardian. But Serbia, Kosova and Bosnia are the only non-NATO members in that region. The conflict will be within a pocket of several NATO countries including pseudo-NATO Hungary. I imagine there is a Russian pipeline through that area as well.

Looks like an opportunity to demonstrate just what it looks like when the west wants to destroy something. After all, lots of defense contractors haven't had a chance to show off new/classified toys yet, and they will sell better with cool video montages.

Link Posted: 9/29/2023 6:27:34 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

the shit out of me.

Very true. My underlying point is that by using state controlled religion as a pretext for secular conquering and dominance it made the conflict radioactive for centuries until it finally devolved into organized crime and foreign influences.

Which may have seemed a handy thing to do by the kings and queens at the time but it ultimately outlasted them and poisoned relations for centuries. Something Russia may want to heed as they are likely to be not the dominant player eventually.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 6:32:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

Just after the Ukraine War kicked off, Kosovo asked for a permanent NATO base be established and their NATO membership be sped up. The issue with the latter is four NATO members don't recognize Kosovo's independence from Serbia.
View All Quotes
Things might be heating up in Kosovo. Not sure how this might impact Russia, Serbia's historical guardian. But Serbia, Kosova and Bosnia are the only non-NATO members in that region. The conflict will be within a pocket of several NATO countries including pseudo-NATO Hungary. I imagine there is a Russian pipeline through that area as well.

Thank you for the background.

But still not NATO and still very likely to ESCAL☢️TE as much or more (boots on the gr☢️und) as sending arms to Ukraine. The hypocrisy of openly risking escalation with China, and Russia via NATO air and ground personnel against Serbia while fretting over every missile in Ukraine is beyond ludicrous. Shameful lies.

Link Posted: 9/29/2023 6:35:46 PM EDT
[#23]
something is changing
View Quote

So Ukraine gets one time $500 million and Russia gets the spigots opened for ongoing billions?  

Master strategists at work for sure.

Link Posted: 9/29/2023 6:39:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
It breaks my ruthless heart when Ukraine can only afford one HIMARS for a target that's absolutely begging for a full salvo of six.
View All Quotes

Absolutely. In so many videos I am saying that is a great first hit. Now 50 yards to the right and pour it on boys. But the video ends.

Link Posted: 9/29/2023 6:44:18 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

The entire 20th century purposefully created conflict prone nations to keep them controllable throughout the globe almost. At this late point there is no unraveling the mess and best to accept the current borders and face current challenges. It must be extremely difficult but countries like Oklsnd are showing what can be achieved by making friends with neighbors and not dwelling on rightful grudges.

Link Posted: 9/29/2023 6:51:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Time for a fire mission to contact your reps in the house in support of Ukraine bill passed the house w/ 117 GOP reps voting against it.
View Quote

My rep sent me a canned email stating he supported the people of Ukraine but we had problems here at home.

I will not be voting for him next time.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 6:59:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#27]
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 7:04:34 PM EDT
[#28]

But still not NATO and still very likely to ESCAL  TE as much or more (boots on the gr  und) as sending arms to Ukraine. The hypocrisy of openly risking escalation with China, and Russia via NATO air and ground personnel against Serbia while fretting over every missile in Ukraine is beyond ludicrous. Shameful lies.

View All Quotes

But still not NATO and still very likely to ESCAL  TE as much or more (boots on the gr  und) as sending arms to Ukraine. The hypocrisy of openly risking escalation with China, and Russia via NATO air and ground personnel against Serbia while fretting over every missile in Ukraine is beyond ludicrous. Shameful lies.

The big difference is the 6000-strong UN KFOR peacekeepers in Kosovo.

Its a bit stupid that the ethnic Serbs boycotted the elections so no Serbs got elected and now they're protesting that no Serbs got elected.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 7:12:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 7:15:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Its a bit stupid that the ethnic Serbs boycotted the elections so no Serbs got elected and now they're protesting that no Serbs got elected.
View Quote

Many Ukrainians stepped on the same shovel in 2014. The timing was particularly unfortunate since the election winner got to decide the renewal of the Sevastopol naval base lease.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 7:25:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

Yeah everyone was surprised to see me come in with the package. It is the simplest things like the snacks that bring enjoyment here. The food here is 90% potatoes, pasta, hot tea, bread, kasha, and salad. That is what we eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It gets old.
View Quote

Noted :
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 7:26:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#32]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

My rep sent me a canned email stating he supported the people of Ukraine but we had problems here at home.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
Time for a fire mission to contact your reps in the house in support of Ukraine bill passed the house w/ 117 GOP reps voting against it.

Dear Mr John Q Public,

How do you expect the venerable Congress of the United States of America to work on domestic and foreign policy concerns at the same time?!  We are in session 15 days a year which I might emphasize severely disrupt our globetrotting to critical tropical islands and European shopping districts.

How then kind sir do you propose such an august and deliberate body abandon the domestic concerns of the little people sheep milch cows rubes  citizens?

Please do continue to keep us informed of your stupid fucking ideas  concerns and suggestions. If you would like to contribute to my slush fund for boondoggles  campaign please send your credit cards to my office.

Sincerely,

Your public servant
Worshipful Master and Lord to be Obeyed,
Senator Greedey Bass Terd IV

Link Posted: 9/29/2023 7:35:08 PM EDT
[#33]
View All Quotes

No doubt! Wonder why only one rocket?  Arleast 3 damn
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 7:45:40 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

A number of Serbs volunteered to fight for Russia in the Donbas in 2014.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 8:09:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#35]
Apparently after many evidences about how Iran are producing its drones on the Syrian soil and shipping them through the Syrian harbor in Latakia towards Russia to be used against Ukraine.

there is talk about a large military operation against these factories in Syria, Iran, and Russia.

might heat up this fall..

https://damascusv.com/archives/54107
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 8:21:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 8:26:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Apparently after many evidences about how Iran are producing its drones on the Syrian soil and shipping them through the Syrian harbor in Latakia towards Russia to be used against Ukraine.

there is talk about a large military operation against these factories in Syria, Iran, and Russia.

might heat up this fall..

https://damascusv.com/archives/54107
View Quote

Where are the jewish space lasers when we need them most?

Link Posted: 9/29/2023 8:26:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 8:32:05 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

The national debt exploding and the deficit. C'mon, Republicans, try harder.

And I know that Ukraine is a tea cup against a swimming pool in the debt picture.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 8:41:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
Whats super interesting is that China is making some of the same mistakes for the same reasons.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
Xi Jinping wanted to be the guy who finished off the Nationalists and made China a Superpower .his greed and hubris led him to make his move about 10-20 years too early. Or he and the CCP realize from their own data they didn't have 10-20 years to make their move and decided to play the hand they had and hope for the best  kind of like Hirohito and his fellow travelers in 1940-41. Could be either.

Gee, maybe we should embargo oil exports to China.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 8:45:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 8:46:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 8:47:07 PM EDT
[#43]

Europe and the US was eager to cozy up to Putin and Russia despite everything. All Putin had to do is be the good pimp and collect the money hand over fist. But he had to play the brutal asshole...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

Fixed one detail.

It baffles me that Putin would rather be a client state of China than a partner with Europe. But that's where he is and the course he's charting. They think China's going to be better to them than Euro & US?

Putin and his cadre have to go, then we can maybe start putting pieces back together with a new generation of Russian leaders.

And that is the part I never could understand. Why not just sit back and become even more wealthy?. Just collect the damn money. Heck if you start to feel generous, and want the love of your people, why not even develop the "outback" part of your country, and put in some paved roads, some natural gas delivery to homes and upgrade the electric and internet. You know, the easy stuff that money will buy. What's not to like? I just don't see any downsides to this plan, You already have more natural resources than you could ever want, more land than you know what to do with, and money rolling in every day.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 8:47:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 8:48:33 PM EDT
[#45]

Absolutely. In so many videos I am saying that is a great first hit. Now 50 yards to the right and pour it on boys. But the video ends.
View All Quotes

Agreed. That video was showing a miss. The largest troop concentration was unaffected, the next group was slightly affected, and they wrecked one van. That strike was a Ukrainian fail, unless there's more to the picture we didn't see.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 8:53:32 PM EDT
[#46]
There's probably five guys in Serbia poking and prodding for Putin. If we had a functioning clandestine service, those guys would all be dead before the sun went down.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 8:53:33 PM EDT
[#47]
That shit got turned into a pile of slag and scrap. ~3 min video in tweet.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 9:01:49 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

There's something to be said for taking the Israeli approach to this. You send a drone into our territory, we send a dozen missiles back and destroy the launch point. Over.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 9:03:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Russia and China are bringing good to the world.

Link Posted: 9/29/2023 9:06:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Birddog15] [#50]
@Fund_GARISSON

Here is the balaclava displayed in my classroom.  My kids (fourth grade) begged me to let them be in the picture giving you guys a bunch of thumbs up!  They are very pro Ukraine. But the county would have my head for posting their pictures on AR15.com.  LOL

Attachment Attached File

ETA  My kids thought it was the coolest thing in the world that this had come to their classroom all the way from the front lines in Ukraine.  A few times a week someone raises their hand and asks about how things are going in Ukraine.  Kids being kids, they hate bullies.  They would give you all of our nuclear weapons if they could!

Huge thanks!
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4942 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top