Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4958 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 10/3/2023 9:36:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 9:37:07 AM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 10/3/2023 9:42:45 AM EDT
[#3]
~1min video in tweet Ukrainian Air Force released footage of the work of Ukrainian air defenses against Russian aerial targets over Dnipropetrovsk and Mykolaiv Oblast of Ukraine last night.

In total, the UAF claimed the interception of 29 Shahed-136 (Geran-2) loitering munitions and one Iskander-K cruise missile.

https://t.me/kpszsu/5957
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 9:45:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#4]
Former video of a guy getting a lot of kills was discovered to be an airsoft game.

Link Posted: 10/3/2023 9:46:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 9:49:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
View Quote

Lets see if Along Muskrat has the balls to take them up on that offer. Probably not.
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 9:50:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#7]
Some cuisine.
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 9:52:59 AM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

If Russia is so awesome and equipped … why is this necessary ?!?
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 9:53:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
Another spy snatched up.

I hope in the Ukraine justice system when they say 15 yrs if found guilty it really is 15 years. And not like the US where “15” means out on probation in 5.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_4090-2974683.jpg

View Quote

Will always have to deal with Ukrainians spying for russia?

Not as many if there are gallows erected in the right places and traitorous fucking scum are hung until their bodies rot off the pole.
There could be media sites dedicated to watching the birds peck at their entrails.
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 9:55:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#10]
Originally Posted By 7empest:

Lets see if Along Muskrat has the balls to take them up on that offer. Probably not.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Lots of complaints this morning on Twitter about likes disappearing for Ukrainian subject matter.

I first registered a premium subscription this month, just to see if it will fix the situation. And no, nothing has changed. Ukrainian and pro-Ukrainian content is deliberately limited. I keep losing readers. I understand that there is always a percentage of unsubscriptions, someone decided not to read me anymore. But I often lose 10-20-30 readers in one second. And over the past two months, the arrival of new ones has been very slow. It no longer looks like an accident or an application bug. It looks like a deliberate action

I sometimes had more coverage than now. I gained the first 10 and 20 thousand readers much faster than I gained 3 thousand readers who subscribed to me after, as I already had 30 thousand readers. It's not the first month that I've seen a decrease in activity and coverage. And now the likes are completely disappearing, so are the readers. Coverage even after the purchase of premium does not grow either, and even vice versa, it seems to me that they are even lower

Link Posted: 10/3/2023 9:57:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 9:58:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ryan_Ruck] [#12]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Lots of complaints this morning on Twitter about likes disappearing for Ukrainian subject matter.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7fqeCmXoAAyMoF?format=png&name=small
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7fqnGHWcAAt4LJ?format=png&name=small
View All Quotes

You know, I've noticed that. And not just on Ukraine related tweets but also DeSantis related tweets.

I'll see stuff I know I've liked and/or re-tweeted come back up on my feed when scrolling without like or re-tweet showing.

Something's fucky.
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 9:59:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

You know, I've noticed that. And not just on Ukraine related tweets but also DeSantis related tweets.

I'll see stuff I know I've liked and re-tweeted come back up on my feed when scrolling without like or re-tweet showing.

Something's fucky.
View All Quotes

I'll see stuff I know I've liked and re-tweeted come back up on my feed when scrolling without like or re-tweet showing.

Something's fucky.

Yeah, I'm getting the same experience, thought it was just me.
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 10:01:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By thehun06:

View Quote

You know how to tell that Russia is totally defending Christianity? They are allied with other great defenders of Christianity like Hezbollah and Iran!

Link Posted: 10/3/2023 10:02:21 AM EDT
[#15]

You know how to tell that Russia is totally defending Christianity? They are allied with other great defenders of Christianity like Hezbollah and Iran!

View All Quotes

Don't forget China.
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 10:03:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Mickdog13:

Call me crazy, but those absolutely look like small scale reproductions.
View Quote

Not crazy, it does look like something out of the Tamiya marketing materials.

IIRC There is a camera lens that makes real life stuff look like scale models. I don’t understand it and I’m not saying that’s what it is, but both are possible.

Link Posted: 10/3/2023 10:08:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ryan_Ruck] [#17]
Originally Posted By weptek911:

IIRC There is a camera lens that makes real life stuff look like scale models. I don’t understand it and I’m not saying that’s what it is, but both are possible.

View All Quotes

Tilt-shift photography.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miniature_faking

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilt%E2%80%93shift_photography
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 10:09:08 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

Seems Elon thought everyone wanted Twitter to go from a left wing lunatic fringe nuthouse to a right wing lunatic fringe nuthouse....

Link Posted: 10/3/2023 10:10:49 AM EDT
[#19]

Seems Elon thought everyone wanted Twitter to go from a left wing lunatic fringe nuthouse to a right wing lunatic fringe nuthouse....

View All Quotes

I'm seeing that trend as well.
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 10:15:09 AM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 10/3/2023 10:22:01 AM EDT
[#21]

Don't forget China.
View Quote

I could never forget those great defenders of Christendom and human rights.
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 10:24:50 AM EDT
[#22]

View Quote
me too, mate.
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 10:34:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 10:38:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 10:45:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#25]
~3:30 video in tweet. ZSU needs more SHORAD on and near the zero line. "Planes fly, everything explodes"

On the site, which is densely strewn with mines, the attack aircraft take up positions for further shooting at the enemy. One of the enemy aircraft was very close, but the projectile did not detonate.

Frontline live from GoPro of soldiers of the 3rd company of the 2nd assault battalion of the Third Assault Brigade. Clearing the area from occupiers in Andriivka
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 10:57:59 AM EDT
[#26]

Don't forget China.
View All Quotes

Don't forget China.

barely 1 percent of Russians have stepped foot in a church nor have been baptized or even know what is in a bible.

They aren't Christians in any sense or case.

Just like in Hungary where I attend catholic mass and it is full of  Filipinos, Nigerians, Kenyans, Syrians, Lebanese, Chilean, Mexicans, Spanish people from all over latin American including Cubans, Venezuelans, Italians, Germans,  and a SHIT TON OF POLES here studying at the medical and science university in Budapest but rarely any Hungarians.

Good job fucken Russkies and commies.

Attachment Attached File

Typical mass

Attachment Attached File

Typical mass with the Polish Catholic bishops and people in Budapest.

Link Posted: 10/3/2023 11:03:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Prime:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7gNgY9WsAADJFJ?format=jpg&name=large

View Quote

Yeah, maybe logical to Frenchmen to keep selling to Russia. Just because you thought they would stop at partial invasion of Chechnya, Georgia, Ukraine doesn’t change the fact they are an evil empire we have known since forever.

Link Posted: 10/3/2023 11:04:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 11:07:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 11:18:49 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

That is very good summary of artillery shell situation. So only just recently (3Q23) has Ukraine number used per day equaled Russia at around 8,000. Mind boggling Russia at the beginning was lobbing over 60,000/day. And they have gone from a 20 million stockpile to under a million, with only 1.5 million/yr production capacity. Which is a sustainable rate of only 4,100/day. Half what Ukraine has managed to increase to.

Things are going to be very bad for Russia going forward. This is the inflection point.

Link Posted: 10/3/2023 11:18:56 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Keep in mind, the Ukrainian military has said that if they can get 200 ATACMS, they believe they could significantly impact how the war proceeds.  They already have target lists.
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 11:21:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Viktor Orban’s blackmail works.

To unblock the 8th trench of aid for Ukraine and make progress in the 12th sanctions package against Russia, the European Commission intends to unfreeze a tranche of 13 billion euros allocated to Hungary by November.

€22 billion in total, are still blocked on grounds such as democratic backsliding, a child protection law widely considered homophobic, Hungary’s treatment of asylum seekers, and the academic independence of Hungarian universities. Hungary is also waiting for €5.8 billion in grants and €6.6 billion in cheap EU loans under the recovery fund. To access these resources, it will have to meet 27 conditions.

Orban enacted so-called judicial reforms in May in response to demands from Brussels, which would allow the commission to unlock €13bn, more than half of the frozen funding, the officials said on condition of anonymity.

Recently, Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orbán  declared that the country would not support Ukraine in any international relations issue until the language rights of ethnic Hungarians living there are restored.
View Quote

The language rights of 0.4% of the population?

Link Posted: 10/3/2023 11:21:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 11:23:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#34]
weakness invites aggression
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 11:35:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 11:36:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Dynomite:

Look up tilt shift photography. It can be done with a movable lens or via photoshop and often gives a miniaturized effect to the subject.
View Quote

Additionally, settings on my Nikon for "toy" and "miniature" provide similar results.
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 11:48:51 AM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes
Viktor Orban's blackmail works.

To unblock the 8th trench of aid for Ukraine and make progress in the 12th sanctions package against Russia, the European Commission intends to unfreeze a tranche of 13 billion euros allocated to Hungary by November.

22 billion in total, are still blocked on grounds such as democratic backsliding, a child protection law widely considered homophobic, Hungary's treatment of asylum seekers, and the academic independence of Hungarian universities. Hungary is also waiting for  5.8 billion in grants and  6.6 billion in cheap EU loans under the recovery fund. To access these resources, it will have to meet 27 conditions.

Orban enacted so-called judicial reforms in May in response to demands from Brussels, which would allow the commission to unlock  13bn, more than half of the frozen funding, the officials said on condition of anonymity.

Recently, Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orb n  declared that the country would not support Ukraine in any international relations issue until the language rights of ethnic Hungarians living there are restored.

How much of the world speaks English?  I'd guess more than 0.4% in almost every country on earth.

We should be able to dictate our policies to the entire world based on that standard.

Link Posted: 10/3/2023 11:53:17 AM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Looking at the trees in full foliage along that road it does appear that the forces have moved into what previously has been an uncontested area.  Very different look than the lunar landscape/garbage strewn landfill we usually see along the battlelines.

Link Posted: 10/3/2023 12:11:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#39]
weakness invites aggression
View Quote

I would agree with their assessment.

The second lesson is that the West is not prepared for a long term war. If China can fend off an initial shock and awe effort and stretch out the front then the US and miscellaneous others will be very thin. If they can turn it into attrition warfare the US will be hard pressed.

A subtext to the this is it will 90% US. Not sure how significant a defense Taiwan can raise with only 180K force isolated. Europe will mean the UK, nobody else will show up in meaningful numbers.

A third lesson is that economic impact will be manageable. There will be no closing of the straits or sea embargo because muh Walmart/HF.

Fourth: info/disinfo warfare works. The US is tripping over itself to decide if it wants to respond and if so what is the minimal amount possible?

Our current handling of Russia’s imperialism is 100x worse then Milley’s  Run for Your Life:Afghan Edition debacle.

We have bet very heavily on a moderate number of F35s and a lot of ships, some that have had command and design issues. Do we have the will to use it? Is it enough?

If China is facing a demographic Now or Never decision on invasion, then our laxity in Ukraine has done nothing to discourage them.

ETA: I fully believe we have the capabilities to defeat a Chinese takeover of Taiwan . But it means making ruthless decisions in the beginning, no dawdling. The Ukraine experience has exposed our very pathetic political flopping around that poses as a will.

Link Posted: 10/3/2023 12:24:19 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

Hmmm..This will not please the Izzy's one bit.  Might see some shipments getting hit on the regular.
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 12:24:40 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Dont forget "Bible-thumping" North Korea.
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 12:26:38 PM EDT
[#42]
IIRC, One of the interviewees in a recent 1420 video declined to speak negatively toward government citing exactly that - being labeled a "foreign agent."
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 12:39:34 PM EDT
[#43]
The second lesson is that the West is not prepared for a long term war. If China can fend off an initial shock and awe effort and stretch out the front then the US and miscellaneous others will be very thin. If they can turn it into attrition warfare the US will be hard pressed.
View Quote

"I will run rampant for six months."
And we have nowhere near the industrial and shipbuilding capacity that we did then.
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 12:41:34 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

If all those dudes piled out and ran away, it took that RPG hit pretty well. Need to tag team it with a few more before it gets out of the kill zone.
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 12:58:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By CletusRoundbelly:

At least everyone agrees on one thing.

< runs >

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CletusRoundbelly:
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

You're screaming that we don't throw them out, therefore the site admins suck.
They scream about us not throwing you out, therefore the site admins suck.

At least everyone agrees on one thing.

< runs >

I am thankful that our admins are intelligent, quick witted, and have a good sense of humor.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 1:05:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MFP_4073] [#46]
View All Quotes

Tilt-shift photography.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miniature_faking

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilt%E2%80%93shift_photography

thats wild

learn some crazy shit in this thread.  i would have sworn it was model photography
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 1:06:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Kingsmen:

You may be right, these defense contractors might not want Russia totally removed from the board as a threat because then there's only China to worry about and they might get less sales going forward.  They want their weapons used vs Russia, but at a rate that doesn't lead to the Russian regime failing.

The obsession some of these guys have with Ukraine is bizarre.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kingsmen:
Originally Posted By nomansland:
Matt Gaetz's laser focus on defunding Ukraine has puzzled me.  He sits on Armed Services and Judiciary Committees so it seems like he would be reasonable plugged into the strategic value of degrading Russian ground capabilities.  I don't recall him having a similar focus on Afghanistan, so I don't think it is the money spent - it is something else.  I don't think he's fallen for Q arguments that MTG has.

Looking at his donors: https://www.followthemoney.org/entity-details?eid=12998496
His major donors are a list of the MIC (Lockheed, Honeywell, Boeing, etc.).

I honestly wonder if he is being paid to prevent Russia from being degraded.  Instead of "forever war" maybe he wants a "forever threat".  If Ukraine knocks off Russia as a ground threat in 1-2 years, then maybe someone is thinking ahead that we might not need as many ground systems.

On Feb 28, 2023, Gaetz was trying to do a gotcha with Undersecretary of Defense Collin Kahl where Gaetz was using a citation from Global Times.  Kahl called him on it that was propoganda from China, and Gaetz seemed surprised and moved on.  Maybe Gaetz is being manipulated by his staff.

I'm open to other suggestions but the extent that he is trying to prevent funding for Ukraine seems odd to me.

You may be right, these defense contractors might not want Russia totally removed from the board as a threat because then there's only China to worry about and they might get less sales going forward.  They want their weapons used vs Russia, but at a rate that doesn't lead to the Russian regime failing.

The obsession some of these guys have with Ukraine is bizarre.

NRA vs Gun Control operates similarly. And it did not start with the Wayne LaProfessionalSuit era, either; it's been a lot longer.
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 1:10:30 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote
They really should use 'breach' not 'breakthrough'
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 1:13:30 PM EDT
[#49]

A subtext to the this is it will 90% US. Not sure how significant a defense Taiwan can raise with only 180K force isolated. Europe will mean the UK, nobody else will show up in meaningful numbers.

A third lesson is that economic impact will be manageable. There will be no closing of the straits or sea embargo because muh Walmart/HF.

Fourth: info/disinfo warfare works. The US is tripping over itself to decide if it wants to respond and if so what is the minimal amount possible?

Our current handling of Russia's imperialism is 100x worse then Milley's  Run for Your Life:Afghan Edition debacle.

We have bet very heavily on a moderate number of F35s and a lot of ships, some that have had command and design issues. Do we have the will to use it? Is it enough?

If China is facing a demographic Now or Never decision on invasion, then our laxity in Ukraine has done nothing to discourage them.

ETA: I fully believe we have the capabilities to defeat a Chinese takeover of Taiwan . But it means making ruthless decisions in the beginning, no dawdling. The Ukraine experience has exposed our very pathetic political flopping around that poses as a will.

View Quote
Further making Japanese mistakes... yikes..
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 1:20:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Sobriety is cathartic, but it is painful.

Ukraine Still Losing Despite US Aid w/Tony Shaffer fmr DoD
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4958 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top