Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4963 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 10/4/2023 10:21:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:

Run vermin! I hope you die slow and painful.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

Run vermin! I hope you die slow and painful.

Link Posted: 10/4/2023 10:23:07 AM EDT
[#2]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7mWE_3W0AACZf0?format=png&name=900x900

thanks, big difference.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 10:28:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:
@fadedsun

Your commitment is commendable. No one will ever question your resolve.

At some point, you are going to have to weigh the sacrifices and benefits that Ukraine is facing, and it is not a favorable balance.

When our friends, family, and our allies are in a situation that is unwinnable, we (should) give them the best, most honest, and most survivable advice based on our expertise.

This conflict needs to end, Ukraine has suffered enough.

Peace is the only prize.
View Quote

It's clearly not unwinnable. All that is needed to drive Russia out is sufficient arms.

And both sides have said that the only prize is national survival. Both say their nation will perish if they lose. One side, however, lies when they say that.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 10:29:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#4]
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

thanks, big difference.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7mWE_3W0AACZf0?format=png&name=900x900

thanks, big difference.

Yeah, it is amazing how context is lost without the correct wording.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 10:45:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 10:52:11 AM EDT
[#6]
View Quote
Good
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 10:53:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

It's clearly not unwinnable. All that is needed to drive Russia out is sufficient arms.

And both sides have said that the only prize is national survival. Both say their nation will perish if they lose. One side, however, lies when they say that.
View Quote
I have serious doubts on Russia collapsing from a loss.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 10:56:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Prime:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7lFNEWWUAAAxnw?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7lHP5JXQAABKOE?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

Demining? Georgia needs their own Surovikin line. Russia will roll on Georgia again someday. They need every mine they can find.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 11:01:04 AM EDT
[#9]

Voting for the new Speaker starts early next week. We need to light up the switchboard and the email inboxes of our reps to show strong support for Ukraine.

Anyone want to help organize a fire mission?
View Quote

If there aren't at least 10 republicans with the sense and decency to make such a demand, I don't want to hear any fucking whining and crying when the House majority flips back to the dems and Speaker Pelosi is back in charge.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 11:01:28 AM EDT
[#10]

Yeah, it is amazing how context is lost without the correct wording.
View Quote
video in tweet - all your Crimean beach belong to us.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 11:10:14 AM EDT
[#11]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
https://www.key.aero/article/confirmed-ural-airlines-attempt-a320-take-field

Ural Airlines has confirmed that it will attempt to fly its Airbus A320 out of the field it became stranded in following an emergency off-airport landing on September 12.

There's some saying about old pilots not being bold pilots...
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 11:11:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#12]
https://vandenbergcoalition.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/Final-Statement-from-Conservative-Americans-in-Support-of-Ukraine-Aid.pdf ⚡️ Ambassador: Ukraine in dialogue with most US House Speaker candidates.

Ukraine is leading a constructive dialogue with most of the candidates for the U.S. House of Representatives Speaker following the recent ousting of Kevin McCarthy, Ukraine's Ambassador to the U.S. Oksana Markarova said on Oct. 4.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 11:12:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

I repeatedly read this "unwinnable" jibberjabber, especially from some of our own conservative clowns. Can you explain what you mean? Unless you are a pure Russian troll posting Russian disinfo, what do you mean "unwinnable"? Are you one of the folks believing in some Russian reserve army showing up from Siberia and finishing off Ukraine (that the best RU divisions failed to achieve in 2022)?? Or are you simply saying that the pace of UA advance is too slow and too costly and thus they will run out of men, equipment, and resolve before Russia does? Just please dont start the "Russia hasn't even started to fight yet" bullshit.

Do you really believe that the US/NATO can dictate terms to Ukraine, get them to trade territory for some bullshit ceasefire and Russia promises to be good from now on? Do you believe that if all aid stops, Ukraine and Russia will both sit down at some summit, hash out their trivial differences, and agree to be nice neighbors?

These are all serious questions for you good sir. You are either good hearted but incredibly naive or a Russian propagandist.
View Quote

Sheltie is/was well known for posts like this, although they were much heavier on”Russia strong” back when he could find shreds of them actually doing anything remotely successful.

He’s either been silent for some time hoping to do a reputation reset,  or simply just ran out of copium from pedophiles to copy and paste.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 11:13:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Note the failure rate of this system.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7mUxTJXUAAI9Lp?format=jpg&name=medium

pdf of a 2019 summary of Russian nuclear weapons systems developments for those interested in light reading, it is a bit dated now in it's understanding of some of these systems and how some of them don't work as advertised.

https://www.nti.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/NTI-Hruby_FINAL.pdf
View Quote

I've been assured that we all gonna die because Soviet nuke missiles are stronk and well-maintained, built to different standards than run-of-the-mill Soviet kludge tech. Oh, and they are super accurate too.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 11:24:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: governmentman] [#15]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
View Quote

I don't see Russia being driven completely out of Ukraine by force of arms. To many fortifications, too many minefields.

I see the only way Russia going back to pre-2014 borders is their collapse. I see several avenues for that.

The most likely in my mind is Russian economic collapse. This could happen if inflation gets out of control - either through the bottom dropping out of the Ruble due to balance of payments going hard negative, or money printing to cover war spending.

If Ukraine changes focus of their long range drone strikes to Russia's fragile oil and gas infrastructure it will have major impacts on their economy. Worse for Russia, with Western oil companies withdrawn they are ill equipped to rebuild anything Ukraine destroys.

Political collapse is also a possibility, either through popular revolt or backdoor replacement by oligarchs.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 11:25:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Ayada:

Sheltie is/was well known for posts like this, although they were much heavier on”Russia strong” back when he could find shreds of them actually doing anything remotely successful.

He’s either been silent for some time hoping to do a reputation reset,  or simply just ran out of copium from pedophiles to copy and paste.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ayada:

I repeatedly read this "unwinnable" jibberjabber, especially from some of our own conservative clowns. Can you explain what you mean? Unless you are a pure Russian troll posting Russian disinfo, what do you mean "unwinnable"? Are you one of the folks believing in some Russian reserve army showing up from Siberia and finishing off Ukraine (that the best RU divisions failed to achieve in 2022)?? Or are you simply saying that the pace of UA advance is too slow and too costly and thus they will run out of men, equipment, and resolve before Russia does? Just please dont start the "Russia hasn't even started to fight yet" bullshit.

Do you really believe that the US/NATO can dictate terms to Ukraine, get them to trade territory for some bullshit ceasefire and Russia promises to be good from now on? Do you believe that if all aid stops, Ukraine and Russia will both sit down at some summit, hash out their trivial differences, and agree to be nice neighbors?

These are all serious questions for you good sir. You are either good hearted but incredibly naive or a Russian propagandist.

I haven’t seen him pop his head up in this thread in a long time.  

Agreed….don’t engage.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 11:27:05 AM EDT
[#17]
It has been altered with Photoshop.
Originally Posted By SgtRock2:

60 years as a modeler tells me it's a model but I could very well be wrong.
I just wonder why someone would use a specialized lens for a tank pic in a repair facility.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/4/2023 11:27:15 AM EDT
[#18]

Orban has already come begging for nuke plants (or oil or gas). The EU has blocked Hungarian nuke assistance while Russia offered help with 25 year loans. Hungary has no domestic oil or gas and no sea coasts for US LNG shipments. The option is nukes or gas piped in from Russia. Spend a winter with your family in Hungary without heat or electricity then let us know which is better...Russian gas and nukes now or EU green renewables starting in 2087? Maybe.
View Quote

Hungry has a domestic coal supply....
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 11:38:47 AM EDT
[#19]

The first results of such joint production will be by the end of 2023.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/4/2023 11:40:20 AM EDT
[#20]

Let's be objective.

Despite all of Russia's investments in building defense lines, contaminating fields with mines, demothballing old equipment, and conducting mobilization rotations, Ukraine continues to push its own offensive scenario step by step and impose its will on the battlefield.

The Ukrainian army is breaking the Russian defense line, destroying rear logistics, cutting off Crimea as a transportation hub from the occupation groupings, and depleting Russian reserves. All of this has a cumulative effect. And most importantly, it is getting closer to cutting off the railroad connection, without which it will be simply impossible for Russia to hold the entire Southern Front.

All of this is often happening contrary to military doctrine, as the Ukrainian military is advancing in smaller numbers and is facing a much better supplied and equipped enemy.  

Do politicians believe that this is not as fast as the laws of serial drama require, and the schedule of military operations does not fit into the election campaigns? In this case, I would like to draw attention to one detail.

Today, on the 588th day of the war, we are not discussing the Russian offensive. We are discussing the pace of Ukraine's offensive and only occasionally pay attention to the propaganda clamor of Russian officials demanding that the West prevent Russia's defeat.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 11:51:15 AM EDT
[#21]

Waiting for video
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 11:59:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Orion_Shall_Rise:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Orion_Shall_Rise:

Orban has already come begging for nuke plants (or oil or gas). The EU has blocked Hungarian nuke assistance while Russia offered help with 25 year loans. Hungary has no domestic oil or gas and no sea coasts for US LNG shipments. The option is nukes or gas piped in from Russia. Spend a winter with your family in Hungary without heat or electricity then let us know which is better...Russian gas and nukes now or EU green renewables starting in 2087? Maybe.

To keep and abide by EU environmental rules, coal only accounts for about 15 percent usage for energy and is used at the Matra Power Plant. Yes, Hungary has it and the supply is estimated to last at least 5 centuries if consumed at a full rate but EU environmental rules with CO2 emissions standards and the Paris Climate Change and Hungary can only use so much.

But you are right, Hungary has a huge supply.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 12:07:20 PM EDT
[#23]

Voting for the new Speaker starts early next week. We need to light up the switchboard and the email inboxes of our reps to show strong support for Ukraine.

View All Quotes

I just wrote mine. Hal Rogers has been steady in his support of Ukraine and for Ukraine funding. But it never hurts to drop a few lines anyway, just to make sure they stay on the right track. Below is a copy of my rather informal message to my congressman, if anyone wishes to use all or a portion of it to assist you in writing your own congressional members:

I am writing to you because I am simply appalled at what I am witnessing from a certain segment of the Republican party these days. I am a lifelong Republican and have always had an interest in keeping spending in check whenever possible. But for the fringe elements of our party to today be demanding we cut funding to Ukraine while they are fighting for their national survival against Russia  is simply an act of madness!

I hope that you and at least 9 other Republican House members will be willing to stand up to the fringe and tell them bluntly that you will not support any nominee for the House speakership unless they are willing to hold a vote on the House floor for Ukraine aid.  If Matt Gaetz can play this game, so can others. We simply cannot allow Russia to seize and annex all of or parts of a sovereign nation in Europe. If we do, it pretty much guarantees they will move on other European nations going forward which will lead to WWIII. The Russians must be stopped here and now.

Misguided people like Matt Gaetz and Marjorie Taylor Greene are destroying our party from within putting forth their wacky ideas. What would Ronald Reagan think about his party if he were alive today to witness these folks basically cheerleading for Russia? If these radical elements within our party aren't reigned in, then Republicans will be the new Whigs. An overwhelming majority of Americans simply aren't going to tolerate such foolishness. And I can definitely be counted as a part of that majority. I will not support any candidate for elected office who doesn't support funding Ukraine in their efforts to fend off an evil dictator such as Putin who yearns to recreate a Russian empire at everyone else's expense. This is a core issue for me that ranks every bit as high on my priority list as the 2nd Amendment and religion. I will not sacrifice my principles on this issue.

Based on your record it is obvious that you are largely in the same camp as me on this issue. But I wanted to write to you today just to reaffirm your commitment to Ukraine during this time of crisis and need.  Looking at today's political landscape makes me feel like I am taking crazy pills. It is hard to fathom that a decent segment of the Republican party has fallen under the spell of Russian propaganda. I hope you can use your years of experience and wisdom to counsel some of your younger colleagues and help them see the damage they are doing to our party, before it is too late.

Sincerely,

Charging_Handle
Bum Fuck, KY

I think it is every bit as important that when writing to these folks that we speak out against the craziness going on within the party. We cannot afford to allow a group of fruit cakes like Marjorie Taylor Greene to drive our party over the cliff's edge. Sanity must be restored. You can bet that if they get enough letters and phone calls to this effect, word will start to filter out. Maybe then the lunatics will learn their role and shut their hole.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 12:18:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GBTX01] [#24]
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 12:19:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Prime:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7labQKX0AA0B-9?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7lb3IrWcAAodo9?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7lcRkqXoAAQ4y_?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7lc37kXkAAyZ28?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7ldgAxWoAALqfK?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7lhB3vX0AAkTxA?format=jpg&name=900x900

View Quote

Military brass (including Patton and Lee) always get infatuated with maneuver warfare, but fixed fortifications have historically been pretty damned effective (particularly when using naval gunfire against them isn't an option). The Russians have done these on the cheap with earthworks too.  

As for the question of using white phosphorus, incendiary weapons do have a pretty good track record against fortifications.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 12:23:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By SgtRock2:
60 years as a modeler tells me it's a model but I could very well be wrong.
I just wonder why someone would use a specialized lens for a tank pic in a repair facility.
View Quote

Lots of stuff gets posted in this thread that doesn't support firm conclusions. I consider this one of them.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 12:26:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By governmentman:
Unfortunately, so many of our ATACMS missiles are out of date. We should sign an agreement for the disposal of this expired ordinance with Ukraine, as they have a lot of recent experience with this. Given the war, we might need to waive normal requirements for disposal methodology and allow them to destroy them in whatever method they find most expedient.

On the plus side, instead of paying them in cash for their disposal services, we might be able to allow them to use the funds to buy other weapons from us.
View Quote

Noooo! ATACMs are a critical and limited resource! They must be conserved for some unknown future contingency!

Sarcasm. I agree with the former, but not the latter.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 12:41:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 12:45:12 PM EDT
[#29]

Unfortunately, so many of our ATACMS missiles are out of date. We should sign an agreement for the disposal of this expired ordinance with Ukraine, as they have a lot of recent experience with this. Given the war, we might need to waive normal requirements for disposal methodology and allow them to destroy them in whatever method they find most expedient.

On the plus side, instead of paying them in cash for their disposal services, we might be able to allow them to use the funds to buy other weapons from us.
View All Quotes
We need to stop being pussies and do the right thing.

That would be the rational path for those. 😁

It does expose the ridiculous excuse from Biden that we don’t have enough.

They are so desperately critical that we never bothered to keep half of them updated for use. All those who bleated the same line “need them for Taiwan!” were covering for just another stall and slow walk.

Link Posted: 10/4/2023 12:51:52 PM EDT
[#30]
View All Quotes

It won’t be just a military loss. Their demographics were already one of the worst. Now they have much less interest worldwide for their petroleum products and military arms sales. And they have lost hundreds of thousands casualties and millions who fled. And Ukraine is rightfully insisting on reparations. The ruble is 1/50th the value it was two years ago. And it will continue to crumble. Another year of this attrition and the Russian economy will be in ruins.

Link Posted: 10/4/2023 12:53:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:

If there aren't at least 10 republicans with the sense and decency to make such a demand, I don't want to hear any fucking whining and crying when the House majority flips back to the dems and Speaker Pelosi is back in charge.
View All Quotes

At this point the Dems are going to pick which Republican wins.

Link Posted: 10/4/2023 12:54:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

View All Quotes

Ural Airlines has confirmed that it will attempt to fly its Airbus A320 out of the field it became stranded in following an emergency off-airport landing on September 12.

Rainy season says “Let’s find out!”

Link Posted: 10/4/2023 12:59:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

The ruble is 1/50th the value it was two years ago. And it will continue to crumble.
View Quote

While I am very bearish on the Ruble and Russia's economy, the ruble is not 1/50th it's value from two years ago.

Two years ago it floated around 65 to 75 rubles to the dollar. Today it's 100.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 12:59:22 PM EDT
[#34]
How to Read Russian Army Battle Maps
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 1:04:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: _disconnector_] [#35]

View All Quotes

Yep, and if I were a Democrat I'd make sure it was the most off-base wacky conspiracy theory batshit crazy person I could find. Heck, I'd push the most radical right wing coprophagic psychopath I could find.  Matt Gaetz easily meets that definition.  It would absolutely guarantee a Dem majority for 4 more years because the average American isn't a moonbat like these loons are.

I just can't believe how far our party has fallen . . .

Link Posted: 10/4/2023 1:05:16 PM EDT
[#36]

I just wrote mine. Hal Rogers has been steady in his support of Ukraine and for Ukraine funding. But it never hurts to drop a few lines anyway, just to make sure they stay on the right track. Below is a copy of my rather informal message to my congressman, if anyone wishes to use all or a portion of it to assist you in writing your own congressional members:

I think it is every bit as important that when writing to these folks that we speak out against the craziness going on within the party. We cannot afford to allow a group of fruit cakes like Marjorie Taylor Greene to drive our party over the cliff's edge. Sanity must be restored. You can bet that if they get enough letters and phone calls to this effect, word will start to filter out. Maybe then the lunatics will learn their role and shut their hole.
View Quote
Excellent writing
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 1:19:30 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

Maybe they should ask this guy, if he is still alive.

Link Posted: 10/4/2023 1:19:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By belted_guns:

Wow, didn't know that. Thanks
This is sort of like the s@@t going one in the states.  Feds want to force that stuff down our throats and some states are resisting.  I hat liberal pathology.
View Quote

Its not a liberal thing.  President "most folks think he did no wrong" Reagan signed the "National Minimum Drinking Age Act" into law that forced states to raise the drinking age to 21 or lose part of their highway funds.

Politicians want power, even when it goes against their belief system.  In this case, liberty suffered a loss.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 1:28:29 PM EDT
[#39]
The stupid is getting so thick in this country that I'm starting to feel like a stranger/foreigner in my own home these days. I grew up feeling pride in my country because we've always had a tradition of standing for what is right in this world. I felt pride in being a republican because we were the party of common sense and reason for so many years. Now look at what we've become. It is honestly depressing. All of these right wing versions of AOC running around flapping their gums are making me want my RINO's back. People like Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham may be swamp creatures, but at least they are smart enough to know that Russia is the enemy.
View Quote

I know exactly how you feel. Yes when Mitch and Lindsey are my allies, you know that I am a stranger in a strange land.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 1:33:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By xd675:

It's not that simple.

If one were to join an association with X rules then later the association added rules you opposed in a manner to couldn't reject is it really the person that members fault?

Leaving isn't that simple either.  It was a marathon to England to leave.  Once globalists get their hooks in they aren't going to make it easy to walk out.

It's my understanding of that areas history that post WWII parts of Hungary were taken by the Soviets and given to the territory of Ukraine.  I imagine that's what Jozsi is talking about.  I don't think it unreasonable to have an ethnic population educated in their native tongue.

That's far different than Russians that imported theirselves in other land usually after the Soviets killed or deported the poor bastards natives living there.  I can see why that would be a sore point for Hungarians living in Ukraine.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By xd675:
Originally Posted By Jozsi:

1st- EU wants Hungary to abide by the Dublin Agreement when mandates that Hungary accept a quota of migrants from 3rd world shitholes.
2nd- EU wants Hungary to abide and get rid of Hungarian law banning LGQT bullshit for 18 or less. That is why LGQT stuff is put in the section where porn is because it is basically porn.
3rd- Rule of law and judicial reforms is basically, they want the courts accept Brussels court ruling when Brussels says something is legal or illegal, Hungary needs to accept it.
4th- EU wants Hungary to accept the private universities and their bullshit. In Hungary ,if a private university has a degree program than it needs to have an accredited program and setup. Central European University which is Soros university was basically churning out basket weaving degrees without certified instructors. Also CEU was having academic programs where participants didn't need to do certain things where the public and other universities were required to do. For example, you take an basket weaving or 7000 genders or womens studies program, they didn't have certified instructors for it and they just gave you a degree after churning out bullshit.
Or CEU has an Computer Science programs and they didn't do the required training or direct experience.

This isn't fair and all Hungary wanted was for the CEU and others is to have required certified teachers and also a certified program.
You want to take an English program, usually it requires you to study or do one or two terms in an English spoken sister program like if you did CEU, then you can come to New York or Florida and take programs and vice versa.
CEU wasn't do that but for every other university in Hungary, they were required and the EU laws MANDATED that they have those programs and educational materials available.
5th- Ukraine changed the language laws forcing and mandating that all education must be done in UKRANIAN only and nothing else when before the law, there was language programs and courses in Hungarian that students can take but they also did it in Ukrainian. My friends school in Beregszasz was Hungarian and Ukrainian for the rest of the day and then another had English and Ukrainian. The new laws in 2016 mandated only Ukrainian and nothing else. So even the American schools and British schools in English were being effected by the laws. But you know that those schools got waivers so they can still teach in English. But Hungarians didn't.

I hope that is the basic gist of it.

TLDR..

CEU Soros churned out a diploma mill school n budapest and students got ahead by cheating, EU says Hungary isn't being nice to Illegal migrants, listening to EU laws, and Ukraine changed laws making Hungarian illegal to teach.

Thank you Jozsi.
Basically Brussels/EU want to eliminate Hungarian sovereignty and shove their woke bullshit down everyone's throats.

They chose to join the EU. When you choose to join an organization you take the good with the bad.

While a member of that organization, if the bad begins to outweigh the good and the organization will not change, you leave. It IS that simple.

You can't have your cake and eat it too, but that is what Orban wants, and is all this really boils down to.

And of course American and British language schools got an exception, it's ENGLISH. Every country on earth has someone teaching English. To act like Hungarian is on the same level in the world as English, is ridiculous. You make some legitimate complaints Jozsi, but this ain't one of them

It's not that simple.

If one were to join an association with X rules then later the association added rules you opposed in a manner to couldn't reject is it really the person that members fault?

Leaving isn't that simple either.  It was a marathon to England to leave.  Once globalists get their hooks in they aren't going to make it easy to walk out.

It's my understanding of that areas history that post WWII parts of Hungary were taken by the Soviets and given to the territory of Ukraine.  I imagine that's what Jozsi is talking about.  I don't think it unreasonable to have an ethnic population educated in their native tongue.

That's far different than Russians that imported theirselves in other land usually after the Soviets killed or deported the poor bastards natives living there.  I can see why that would be a sore point for Hungarians living in Ukraine.
Why on earth would Hungary join in the first place?  The allure of money? Money comes with strings.

There is really only conglomerates, corporations, and cartels nowadays, including cartels of government.

Link Posted: 10/4/2023 1:39:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 1:42:10 PM EDT
[#42]
View All Quotes

The problem is Putin has succeeded in making himself the personification of the state. You can see this in numerous videos on Russian Media Monitor. Putin IS Russia right now. You are correct, the society and nation will almost certainly not collapse utterly, and likely wouldn't even break up much further. But the entire Putin regime would have to be purged, which is much the same to his supporters and agents.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 1:45:16 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

The idea that we won't support freedom anywhere in the world except the USA is incredibly shortsighted and destructive. Republicans need to understand this. We see that very idea repeated ad nauseum in GD. Freedom doesn't matter except for right here. I disagree. How can you know how to fight for freedom here if you won't fight for it anywhere else?
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 1:47:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Russian prosecutors requested a nine-and-a-half-year jail sentence for a fugitive former Russian state TV journalist. The prosecution made the demand during the trial in absentia of Marina Ovsyannikova, who became famous for bursting onto a news broadcast with a placard that read "Stop the war" and "They're lying to you". She has been accused of distributing "fake news", a term used against those in Russia who question Moscow's official narrative on its invasion of Ukraine: Al Jazeera.

View Quote
Won't be long they will bring the automatic 'Tenner' in Gulag back. What's old is new again
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 1:48:25 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote
thank you for that. I’ll work on some stuff in the next 24 hr cycle or so to help organize a fire mission. I’ll need help.

If anyone else wants to help, DON’T BE SHY.

Key tasks include:
- identifying content, resources, and tools to leverage (messaging content, contact mechanisms) for fire mission
- drafting/editing copy for email message(s) and talking points for calls
- identifying key reps for contact based off of recent statements, legislative activity, and voting record
- encouraging others of like mind or on the fence to contact their reps in support of Ukraine
- reporting back and evaluating results from contact w/ reps
- conducting, evaluating, and improving execution and effectiveness of fire mission
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 1:56:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: apr67] [#46]
Originally Posted By 74HC:
Why on earth would Hungary join in the first place?  The allure of money? Money comes with strings.

There is really only conglomerates, corporations, and cartels nowadays, including cartels of government.

View Quote

As I understand it, all the 'low wage' countries have an advantage in the EU, as they can sell their goods to high wage countries and make a higher profit and they aren't able to protect domestic supply via taxes..  Same reason why, for example, the Ford Maverick pickup is made in Mexico.  While the EU is a lot more nanny state than NAFTA, its the NAFTA type things that Hungary and other places from eastern Europe really want.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 1:56:40 PM EDT
[#47]
It won’t be just a military loss. Their demographics were already one of the worst. Now they have much less interest worldwide for their petroleum products and military arms sales. And they have lost hundreds of thousands casualties and millions who fled. And Ukraine is rightfully insisting on reparations. The ruble is 1/50th the value it was two years ago. And it will continue to crumble. Another year of this attrition and the Russian economy will be in ruins.
View Quote

There is a floor for their economy that keeps "ruins" off the table, that is their considerable oil & gas production. Even with sanctions, that energy will remain part of the global market. Unless Ukraine gets some long-range strike capability and wrecks key nodes in the oil & gas production. That would fundamentally alter the balance.

If Russia is more successful this winter in hitting Ukraine's energy systems, I would look for that long-range strike capability to materialize. This war still can get much uglier than it's been so far.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 2:09:02 PM EDT
[#48]
If Russia is more successful this winter in hitting Ukraine's energy systems, I would look for that long-range strike capability to materialize. This war still can get much uglier than it's been so far.
View Quote

I am sure Ukraine is looking now as to how they can disrupt.  Attacking things that are very explody and burny in the first place is a bit easer to do even with lower tech gear.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 2:09:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#49]
Germany is set to deliver one more IRIS-T air defense system and "more than a dozen" Gepard self-propelled anti-aircraft guns to Ukraine until the end of this year, sources told Bloomberg.  

According to available information, these assets would be primarily used by Kyiv for the protection of its grain shipments against potential Russian attacks in the south.

https://bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-10-04/germany-to-supply-air-defenses-for-ukraine-grain-shipments?srnd=premium-europe
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 2:13:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: apr67] [#50]
Sorry, misfired.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4963 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top