Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4972 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 10/6/2023 11:20:02 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 10/6/2023 11:21:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#2]
lol, big slap and wake up call indeed, for the Russian side.  Posted August 10th, and the Russians have not made any gains in this area.

Link Posted: 10/6/2023 11:24:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#3]
This guy has balls. A resident of the Tver Region is being tried on several political articles. The prosecutor demanded 12 years in prison.

The last word of political prisoner Sergei Trofimov:

"I publicly justify, fervently approve and support the bombing of the Crimean Bridge and Ukrainian drone attacks on the Kremlin and other targets in Moscow and the Moscow suburbs. Because Ukraine is a victim of Russian aggression. And for myself, I demand the maximum term. Because I despise you. I will not walk with you on the same land and live with you in one state".
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 11:33:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dracster:

Fentanyl-laced vodka  
View Quote

Vatnik Absinthe. Equal parts opioids and parts cleaner
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 11:37:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Repost of yesterday's video of a head shot on a Russian that peeks around a corner as seen from a drone.  Some people missed it because the original account was taken down.

View Quote

My Ukrainian friend translated:

[argument of how many there are]

-“No, look.. it’s 6…. [pointing].. one, two, three, four….

BOOM

*everyone laughs

-“five!”

Haha
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 11:39:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By MarineGrunt:

BOOM

*everyone laughs

-“five!”

Haha
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Repost of yesterday's video of a head shot on a Russian that peeks around a corner as seen from a drone.  Some people missed it because the original account was taken down.

BOOM

*everyone laughs

-“five!”

Haha

Thanks for that translation, I do sometimes wonder about the dialog in some videos that never gets translated.

Link Posted: 10/6/2023 11:41:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By BlackHoleSon:

Absolutely would. That's why our enemies invest in pumping it across our border. Low cost high yield way to kill or destabilize fighting age males
View Quote
Funny thing is that at least the Sinaloa cartel has banned being involved in Fentanyl at all.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/el-chapo-s-sons-executing-their-own-drug-dealers-for-not-complying-with-new-fentanyl-ban-report/ar-AA1hLaqN
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 11:41:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#8]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

Yeah, I think Ukraine is looking for something longer range that the west is willing to provide in quantity. Missiles would be nice but for some reason the West are more willing to provide F-16 than Taurus, ATACMS or Tomahawks. The German and US military have no issues sending the missiles but Scholz and Biden are preventing them.

View Quote

Can’t address Taurus but the quantity of availability ATACMS is low. Last I posted checked Biden was approving low quantity transfer. Long before Ukraine the DOD simply failed to procure more than 30 days of most of our precision guided / long range stuff as well as neglecting air defense. But even now Biden isn’t authorizing F-16s either, just training and support. We’ve had mediocre defense budgets contrary to GD beliefs since the 2011 BRC kicked in. Meanwhile insane amounts of $ is spent on non defense spending.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 11:42:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 10/6/2023 11:44:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

Of course a person can trigger an anti tank mine, it's happening all the time.

Faulty or tampered fuzes, anti handling devices or booby trapped mines, depending on the type of the AT mine some fuzes can be set to work as AP mines,...

View Quote

If modified, okay but there should be quantities of APMs that’s not necessary. My impression is bigger ticket items like IFVs, tanks, etc are the primary focus
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 11:45:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By daoliver924:
Not justifying anything. Simply point out that it wasn't some new thing that FJB used. I think it all should be cut. Only thing we should be spending money on is Defense of the physical territory of the USA and the Post Office. Everything else is out of the scope of what the founders intended.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prime:

Irrelevant WHADABOUT.

The federal budget is chock full of excess spending that certain members, as just demonstrated, will go out of their way to justify when it suits them.

https://www.cbo.gov/publication/59014

https://www.heritage.org/debt/commentary/concerning-terrifying-7-horrible-milestones-horizon-bloated-federal-budget

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/federal-bloat-is-at-a-sixty-year-high/

Not justifying anything. Simply point out that it wasn't some new thing that FJB used. I think it all should be cut. Only thing we should be spending money on is Defense of the physical territory of the USA and the Post Office. Everything else is out of the scope of what the founders intended.

Whether you like it or not, we no longer live in the 18th/19th century, and we don't get to pretend like things that happen overseas don't impact us because they don't directly impact the territorial integrity of the US. Upholding US hegemony, international order, the stability of the global economy, etc. are all legitimate, important US objectives. It's not in the interests of the US to let Russia destroy international law and order, violate most everything we've been working towards since the Kellog-Briand Pact and the Atlantic Charter, commit countless war crimes (which you've made very clear you view as being false flags), foster extreme amounts of division and hatred in Western societies, etc.

You're also heavily relying on historical revisionism. The US has never been isolationist, and US foreign policy has never solely revolved around upholding the territorial integrity of the US. All throughout the 19th century, the US Navy was active throughout the world's oceans and along the coasts of South America, Africa, and Asia in order to protect US commerce and interests abroad. We were ready to get involved in the Opium War in China to protect US interests, we had an active role in facilitating the treaty of Wanghia, we conducted numerous punitive expeditions in places like Quallah Battoo, etc. The point being, you're looking at the history of US foreign policy through the rose tinted glasses of your own ideology.

Beyond that, given that you've openly stated you think Bucha was a false flag, I don't have anything CoC compliant to say about you or your worldview. Good luck in all future endeavors!
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 11:58:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: daoliver924] [#12]
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:

Whether you like it or not, we no longer live in the 18th/19th century, and we don't get to pretend like things that happen overseas don't impact us because they don't directly impact the territorial integrity of the US. Upholding US hegemony, international order, the stability of the global economy, etc. are all legitimate, important US objectives. It's not in the interests of the US to let Russia destroy international law and order, violate most everything we've been working towards since the Kellog-Briand Pact and the Atlantic Charter, commit countless war crimes (which you've made very clear you view as being false flags), foster extreme amounts of division and hatred in Western societies, etc.

You're also heavily relying on historical revisionism. The US has never been isolationist, and US foreign policy has never solely revolved around upholding the territorial integrity of the US. All throughout the 19th century, the US Navy was active throughout the world's oceans and along the coasts of South America, Africa, and Asia in order to protect US commerce and interests abroad. We were ready to get involved in the Opium War in China to protect US interests, we had an active role in facilitating the treaty of Wanghia,(Basically the US doing the same as RUS is doing in UKR right now and only considered by China after their defeat by the British and threats by the US )  we conducted numerous punitive expeditions in places like Quallah Battoo, (The reprisal was in response to the massacre of the crew of the merchantman Friendship a year earlier.)
etc. The point being, you're looking at the history of US foreign policy through the rose tinted glasses of your own ideology. Rose tinted glasses indeed

Beyond that, given that you've openly stated you think Bucha was a false flag, I don't have anything CoC compliant to say about you or your worldview. Good luck in all future endeavors!
View Quote
So you're one of those living Constitution guys. When are you coming to take my guns because the 2a is outdated?
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 12:01:08 PM EDT
[#13]

Thanks for that translation, I do sometimes wonder about the dialog in some videos that never gets translated.

View All Quotes

BOOM

*everyone laughs

-“five!”

Haha

He’s translated a few in the past. Ukrainians are hilarious. Absolutely the same humor that US guys have, but there’s a touch of something that just makes them funnier.. probably because they aren’t looking over their shoulders for the pc police like we are before they make a joke.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 12:01:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 10/6/2023 12:03:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:

I don't think anything in Odessa is visible from Romania, maybe they meant Moldova.
View Quote

Nothing in the city of Odesa is visible from Moldova. Ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 12:05:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By DH_Runner:

EXCELLENT point.

I’m so done with the give up land/territory/resources/arms for peace line of crap.

russia is a totalitarian state bent on conquest - they need to be treated accordingly.

Just my .02.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DH_Runner:
Originally Posted By Tiberius:

Russia ruled over both until 1917….the clowns really do want to bring back the Empire as it was under the Romanovs. Alaska was sold to us by the Russians as well.

EXCELLENT point.

I’m so done with the give up land/territory/resources/arms for peace line of crap.

russia is a totalitarian state bent on conquest - they need to be treated accordingly.

Just my .02.

Only the West would think in terms of precisely what was Soviet, what was Warsaw Pact, what was Imperial Russia. Russia is built on, and is fueled by lies and distorted or fabricated history. They determine what they want and then make that the new history.

Like Putin looking at a map of the 17th century as proof Ukraine never existed and the map clearly has it marked!

Link Posted: 10/6/2023 12:12:36 PM EDT
[#17]

BOOM

*everyone laughs

-“five!”

Haha
View All Quotes

BOOM

*everyone laughs

-“five!”

Haha

It seems trench periscopes are a long forgotten technology.

Link Posted: 10/6/2023 12:13:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ServusVeritatis] [#18]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7wHMqcaAAAiBQT?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7wHM4KaYAArkJg?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote

Impossible. I’ve been told by a certain former F16 pilot that Ukraine sucks and all the “real experts” like him agree it’s pointless to defend them.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 12:17:11 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

So you’re one of those “the Constitution can never change because they’ll go after the 2nd AMENDMENT” guys.
Keep picking and choosing.

Ukraine thread, not US Constitutional Law thread.

Zone #Verbove : return from a mission beyond the last Russian line of defense.
Image sent by a French fighter, member of the Ukrainian army volunteer legion.

Link Posted: 10/6/2023 12:19:02 PM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes

https://www.newsweek.com/ukraine-kyiv-russian-advantage-neutralize-1832628

Ukrainian forces pushing their counteroffensive in the southeast of the country are "neutralizing" Russia's numerical advantage, a retired American general has said, even if they have so far been denied the decisive breakthrough that Kyiv's Western partners were hoping for.

Retired Lieutenant General Ben Hodges, who served as the commander of U.S. Army Europe, told Newsweek that the Ukrainian decision to prioritize Russian artillery, headquarters, and logistics hubs is part of a larger strategic plan not necessarily focused on territorial gains.

"I think most people are looking at this with the wrong context," Hodges said of the months-old counteroffensive, the slow pace of which has raised concerns in the West that Ukraine's troops will not be able to eject Russian troops from the occupied south of the country. Such fears have prompted fresh talk of negotiations that might see Kyiv forced to surrender territory and its ambition to join NATO.

"What I think Ukrainians have done correctly is to focus their efforts on destroying artillery, destroying headquarters, destroying logistics," Hodges said.  "This is how you neutralize the only advantage the Russians have—the advantage of mass—by taking away their headquarters, taking away the artillery that's required to support them and make it difficult for Ukrainians to get through minefields, and then finally the logistics: taking out ammunition and transportation."

"Think about what the counteroffensive is for," Hodges added. "It is for achieving some operational level objectives, and you don't do that with just ground forces. You have to use what NATO calls 'multidomain'—air, land, sea, cyber, information, special forces—all of the different domains. That's U.S. doctrine, that's NATO doctrine, and that's exactly what the Ukrainians are doing."

Newsweek has contacted the Russian Defense Ministry by email to request comment.

The Ukrainian thrust appears intended to sever the so-called "land bridge" of southern Ukraine, which—while Russian troops remain in place—connects occupied Crimea to western Russia. The bridge stands as one of President Vladimir Putin's few tangible strategic successes of the full-scale invasion to date and could serve as a spine for future Russian expansion all along the Ukrainian Black Sea coast.

Success for Ukraine's offensive and the collapse of the land bridge could spell disaster for the Kremlin. If combined with the destruction of the Kerch Strait Bridge—the span erected to connect Crimea with Russia by rail and road after its annexation in 2014—the significant Russian military grouping on the peninsula would be isolated and starved of supply.

"The land domain, of course, is aimed at the eventual isolation of Crimea," Hodges said of the ongoing Ukrainian operation. "You've got to start with that. Everything they're doing is aimed at Crimea. And the way you get Crimea is to isolate it, make it untenable, and then you can liberate it."

"The land efforts that are going through all these little-known villages, minefields and trenches, what they're trying to do is to sever the land bridge that connects Russia to Crimea. And that's a critical part of the isolation of Crimea. They can do that either if they make it all the way or they get weapon systems that can make it impossible for Russians to move up and down the so-called land bridge."

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky is among the Ukrainian leaders who have admitted that the offensive is progressing "slower than desired." Officials in Kyiv remain publicly bullish about their chances for success, despite murmurings of discontent within the president's inner circle previously revealed by Newsweek.

Ukrainian commanders have reportedly even clashed with their U.S. counterparts—who remain Kyiv's most important backers—over the conduct and progress of the counteroffensive.

Hodges said critical voices in the Pentagon should think twice. "There's no way we would send an American soldier to do what the Ukrainians are having to do, because we would never go in there without air superiority," he said.

"Any criticism of how the Ukrainians are doing it, or how they're not going fast enough, is really wrong and misplaced."

Hodges has the experience and knowledge to call out our command level on their miscalculations and hypocrisy. Boom, truth bombs incoming.

Link Posted: 10/6/2023 12:23:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#21]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7wDHYYa4AAKB0L?format=jpg&name=small
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:
It doesn't sound like Russia's just announced major offensive is off to a very good start.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7wDHYYa4AAKB0L?format=jpg&name=small

Confirming what was published did just that!  😂

Link Posted: 10/6/2023 12:26:29 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

Goggle Translation
The Russian "analogovnet" self-propelled gun Phlox was hit for the first time 💥

The other day, the Russians said that they are starting to transfer to the army a new development - 2S40 Phlox, which is both a mortar and an artillery installation at the same time.

And now 12 of Ocean's friends in the Kherson region hit her with a drone that you paid for!
The consequences of the impact are unknown, whether it was destroyed or damaged, because the range of damage exceeds the range of available air reconnaissance equipment.

But the news is still great!

Thanks to the soldiers for their work and to you for your constant donations on drones!
Today we will buy another 100 😏

Link Posted: 10/6/2023 12:26:56 PM EDT
[#23]

Faulty or tampered fuzes, anti handling devices or booby trapped mines, depending on the type of the AT mine some fuzes can be set to work as AP mines,...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:
Originally Posted By stone-age:
The way the dirt is dug up I'm guessing land mine. Maybe he somehow managed to step on a tank mine and set it off? Or maybe I'm just wrong.

I stand corrected, something came flying in from the left side. Maybe a tank missile or something.

Pressure plate for tank mine won’t do anything when personnel traverse. https://www.jmu.edu/cisr/_pages/research/munitions.shtml#:~:text=Ordinarily%20they%20detonate%20by%20the,30%20pounds%20of%20high%20explosive
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/IMG_4892_jpeg-2979939.JPG

They're even dropping anti-tank mines from drones as expedient HE bombs.

Ukraine reports that Russia has created all kinds of special variations in their minefields. Doubling and tripling mines so that removing/defusing the first only activates the second, creating delay features, and as StoneAge said.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 12:39:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Ukrainian commanders have reportedly even clashed with their U.S. counterparts—who remain Kyiv's most important backers—over the conduct and progress of the counteroffensive.

Hodges said critical voices in the Pentagon should think twice. "There's no way we would send an American soldier to do what the Ukrainians are having to do, because we would never go in there without air superiority," he said.

"Any criticism of how the Ukrainians are doing it, or how they're not going fast enough, is really wrong and misplaced."
View Quote

Quoted for truth. The situation in Ukraine is completely outside the training & doctrine of US military forces, AFAIK. No air advantage - actually, disadvantage in the air, extensive minefields across vast swaths of land in front of static lines with stout artillery defense.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 12:53:07 PM EDT
[#25]

You're also heavily relying on historical revisionism. The US has never been isolationist, and US foreign policy has never solely revolved around upholding the territorial integrity of the US. All throughout the 19th century, the US Navy was active throughout the world's oceans and along the coasts of South America, Africa, and Asia in order to protect US commerce and interests abroad. We were ready to get involved in the Opium War in China to protect US interests, we had an active role in facilitating the treaty of Wanghia, we conducted numerous punitive expeditions in places like Quallah Battoo, etc. The point being, you're looking at the history of US foreign policy through the rose tinted glasses of your own ideology.

View Quote

Preach brother!
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 12:57:54 PM EDT
[#26]
lol, big slap and wake up call indeed, for the Russian side.  Posted August 10th, and the Russians have not made any gains in this area.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7uucsmXgAA2Q_S?format=png&name=small
View Quote

Looks like that there rebuild of the ol' Russian Empire is not gonna happen in Putin's lifetime.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 12:58:15 PM EDT
[#27]
#CPD_disproves:

❌ The Nigerian publication "THE NATION" is distributing photos of receipts for O. Zelenska's alleged purchases in jewelry stores during her official visit to the United States. The photo is also distributed by the Russian mass media.

✅ After verifying the information in the President's Office, the Center reports that it is a fake. The "cheque" shows the date of September 22, 2023, while on September 22, 2023, the First Lady and Volodymyr Zelenskyi were on an official visit to Canada, which makes it physically impossible for O. Zelenskya to be in the specified jewelry stores at the time indicated on the fake checks New York.

🔻 Canada was also preceded by an official visit to Washington, where the First Lady together with the President visited the Pentagon memorial in Washington, erected in honor of the 184 victims of the terrorist attack on September 11, 2001, and held a number of meetings, including with Jill Biden.

ℹ️ This is not the first time that ru-propaganda spreads fakes through Nigerian publications. Previously, the enemy spread a fake about "Villa Zelenskyi" through the "PUNCH" publication.

https://t.me/CenterCounteringDisinformation/7278

View Quote

Wait a minute!! You’re saying a Nigerian news photo is FAKE??!!  I have it on good authority from the Nigerian prince I am helping to recover lost billions that it is authentic.  I always fact check world news with the Nigeria NotFake News channel.

Who could have seen this coming??

Link Posted: 10/6/2023 12:59:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MarineGrunt] [#28]

View All Quotes

Irrelevant WHADABOUT.

The federal budget is chock full of excess spending that certain members, as just demonstrated, will go out of their way to justify when it suits them.

https://www.heritage.org/debt/commentary/concerning-terrifying-7-horrible-milestones-horizon-bloated-federal-budget

Outstanding post. Probably top 10 in this thread. This is perfect example of how “our” side needs to make an argument. Tip of the cap to you sir.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 1:01:44 PM EDT
[#29]
lol, already getting sniped by FPV drones.

Promotional video of the unit in happier times.

View Quote

Their 230mm (?) mortars have been getting hit easily due to their short range compared to 155 artillery. These much smaller mortar system aren’t going to last long.

Link Posted: 10/6/2023 1:07:15 PM EDT
[#30]

Wait a minute!! You’re saying a Nigerian news photo is FAKE??!!  I have it on good authority from the Nigerian prince I am helping to recover lost billions that it is authentic.  I always fact check world news with the Nigeria NotFake News channel.

View All Quotes
#CPD_disproves:

❌ The Nigerian publication "THE NATION" is distributing photos of receipts for O. Zelenska's alleged purchases in jewelry stores during her official visit to the United States. The photo is also distributed by the Russian mass media.

✅ After verifying the information in the President's Office, the Center reports that it is a fake. The "cheque" shows the date of September 22, 2023, while on September 22, 2023, the First Lady and Volodymyr Zelenskyi were on an official visit to Canada, which makes it physically impossible for O. Zelenskya to be in the specified jewelry stores at the time indicated on the fake checks New York.

🔻 Canada was also preceded by an official visit to Washington, where the First Lady together with the President visited the Pentagon memorial in Washington, erected in honor of the 184 victims of the terrorist attack on September 11, 2001, and held a number of meetings, including with Jill Biden.

ℹ️ This is not the first time that ru-propaganda spreads fakes through Nigerian publications. Previously, the enemy spread a fake about "Villa Zelenskyi" through the "PUNCH" publication.

https://t.me/CenterCounteringDisinformation/7278

60% of the people that voted in the thread on it believe it happened.  

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Claim-Zelensky-s-wife-spent-over-1M-at-Cartier-in-NYC-black-worker-claims-she-was-fired/5-2678102/
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 1:12:50 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Darn good drops on moving targets. Can’t imagine the skill level of these operators after flying hundreds of drones under various conditions. Impressive

Link Posted: 10/6/2023 1:14:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ayada] [#32]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Claim-Zelensky-s-wife-spent-over-1M-at-Cartier-in-NYC-black-worker-claims-she-was-fired/5-2678102/
View Quote

I'm guessing the majority of people who still click on those threads are just coming in to get their hourly dose of rage against the thing in.

Or, as one of the 'SME's' said about some other rage click bait: "I didn't read the article but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened" after only reading the title of a thread here.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 1:15:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

View Quote

It’s the only reason I post that stupid shit 🙄

Link Posted: 10/6/2023 1:20:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

I've had to use ferrites a number of times to clean up the RFI/EMI being generated on-board. Some cheap Chinesium parts are horrible wrt RFI. I had a 433Mhz telemetry link that was so bad, if I put a decent antenna on it, servos would start to jitter just sitting on the ground. Same unit on the ground station would cause the USB port it was plugged into to become unresponsive.
View Quote

How do you get those ferrites to sit still
while the drone is flying?
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 1:21:56 PM EDT
[#35]

Darn good drops on moving targets. Can’t imagine the skill level of these operators after flying hundreds of drones under various conditions. Impressive

View Quote

Very impressive. The old adage "if you run, you will just die tired" definitely applies.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 1:31:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Russian TG

A source from the Cheka-OGPU said that yesterday’s sharp escalation of Putin’s rhetoric regarding Prigozhin was provoked by representatives of the presidential administration. The need to “de-heroize” Prigozhin was argued to Putin due to the growing attention of the country’s population to the statements of the leader of the Wagner PMC, in particular his interview on June 23, where for 30 minutes he raised questions about the true reasons for the start of the war and the failure of this idea.

According to available measurements, the forwarding of this video and the approving discussion of Prigozhin’s theses present there began to grow rapidly after the death of the PMC leadership. And it continues to grow.

In addition, Putin was informed of the risks of the possible appearance of the second part of this interview online on the eve of the presidential elections.

Even the dead Prigozhin is feared in the Kremlin.

https://t.me/vchkogpu/42295

June video
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 1:32:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#37]
View All Quotes

Irrelevant WHADABOUT.

I believe Jefferson was a founder 😁 and he launched the Tripoli punitive mission. It is incredibly naive or short sighted to think we can hunker down within our borders and let the world go to hell and that is a winning strategy. Russia has contributed greatly to the corruption of our US and European society with infiltration and support for subversive movements. That is not secured by a border.

It is time for the evil empire to be defanged for good. And Ukraine is willing to spill its blood to so that so it can live in peace.

The isolationist “peace” movement is a direct Russian narrative since the 60s.

Link Posted: 10/6/2023 1:38:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
This guy has balls. A resident of the Tver Region is being tried on several political articles. The prosecutor demanded 12 years in prison.

"I publicly justify, fervently approve and support the bombing of the Crimean Bridge and Ukrainian drone attacks on the Kremlin and other targets in Moscow and the Moscow suburbs. Because Ukraine is a victim of Russian aggression. And for myself, I demand the maximum term. Because I despise you. I will not walk with you on the same land and live with you in one state".
View Quote

That is a Spartacus, Churchill, Patrick Henry level reply. Glory to the hero.

Link Posted: 10/6/2023 1:44:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By 7empest:

Preach brother!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 7empest:

Preach brother!

+1
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 1:45:23 PM EDT
[#40]

Can’t address Taurus but the quantity of availability ATACMS is low. Last I posted checked Biden was approving low quantity transfer. Long before Ukraine the DOD simply failed to procure more than 30 days of most of our precision guided / long range stuff as well as neglecting air defense. But even now Biden isn’t authorizing F-16s either, just training and support. We’ve had mediocre defense budgets contrary to GD beliefs since the 2011 BRC kicked in. Meanwhile insane amounts of $ is spent on non defense spending.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/IMG_4926_jpeg-2980809.JPG
View All Quotes

Yeah, I think Ukraine is looking for something longer range that the west is willing to provide in quantity. Missiles would be nice but for some reason the West are more willing to provide F-16 than Taurus, ATACMS or Tomahawks. The German and US military have no issues sending the missiles but Scholz and Biden are preventing them.

Biden had to approve the foreign transfer of F-16. We are not providing them but he was holding up numerous other countries that could. At least Netherlands and Norway have the stones to lead the effort.

If ATACMS are so precious and desperately needed by the US, why were half of them left in expired condition not available for use? Seems if we truly think China could kick things off soon we would have been keeping those 1,000 extra missiles in operable condition, no?

Link Posted: 10/6/2023 1:45:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

View Quote

Much respect. This kind of public defiance can be contagious.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 1:48:16 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

The US has been sending plenty of weapons after it is too late.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 1:50:10 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

Irrelevant WHADABOUT.

The state of Texas says, Hold my beer, let me tell you about 1836-1848 fisticuffs with Mexico!

Link Posted: 10/6/2023 1:58:11 PM EDT
[#44]

He’s translated a few in the past. Ukrainians are hilarious. Absolutely the same humor that US guys have, but there’s a touch of something that just makes them funnier.. probably because they aren’t looking over their shoulders for the pc police like we are before they make a joke.
View All Quotes

BOOM

*everyone laughs

-“five!”

Haha

That's awesome, and yeah, when the PC stuff is thrown out the humor can get rather hilarious.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 1:59:49 PM EDT
[#45]

I believe Jefferson was a founder  and he launched the Tripoli punitive mission. It is incredibly naive or short sighted to think we can hunker down within our borders and let the world go to hell and that is a winning strategy. Russia has contributed greatly to the corruption of our US and European society with infiltration and support for subversive movements. That is not secured by a border.

It is time for the evil empire to be defanged for good. And Ukraine is willing to spill its blood to do that so it can live in peace.

The isolationist "peace" movement is a direct Russian narrative since the 60s.

View Quote
I bolded the pertinent part. Literally everything we did up until the 1900's was in response to something someone else did to the USA or it's direct commerce. We didn't get involved just because someone invaded someone.
Ukr provides roughly 1.5 billion in exports to the US. The US (not counting the recent aid) exports 700million to the UKR. 500 million of the UKR exports are iron and steel which we could easily produce at home.
Sorry, Ukr  provides nothing of value to US interests.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 2:00:01 PM EDT
[#46]

1/8 #Russie : V. Putin today announced the end of tests of the #missile nuclear-powered cruise #Burevestnik .
In order not to play into the hands of opposing propaganda, here are some modest elements of language aimed at demystifying this weapon.

2/8 Indeed, contrary to what we have read/heard recently on a TV set, it is not a "new weapon that shakes the world". The Burevestnik is a new string to the bow of Russian nuclear deterrence, but does not change the strategic situation.

3/8 Small reminder, deterrence is in its own right, so to arm future TV sets, some relevant French-speaking researchers on these questions:
@HFayet @BrunoTertrais @CorentinBr @JosephHenrotin
or other researchers of the
@FRS_org
or the
@IFRI_

4/8 The Burevestnik is above all a #dissuasion weapon. Even if it were equipped with a conventional charge, its nuclear propulsion would make it a de facto dirty bomb due to radiological contamination. Its use would have an enormous political cost.

5/8 How is the Burevestnik innovative? Its nuclear propulsion theoretically gives it an almost unlimited range, offering a wide variety of trajectories to attack anti-missile defense systems, some of which have sectoral coverage.

6/8 However, it is in no way a magic weapon. It is subsonic and not particularly stealthy, and therefore remains vulnerable to most defense systems, such as the Franco-Italian SAMP/T, in particular if it is coupled with the right means of detection.

7/8 Conversely, a modern intercontinental ballistic missile, whether Russian, French (our dear M51) or American, remains almost invulnerable at present.
Likewise, our ASMP-A supersonic missile represents a much more complex threat in some respects.

8/8 Let us not play into the adversary's hands, and let us be proud of the women and men arming our deterrent, who will be able to remind him that it would be futile to use nuclear weapons against our vital interests... #nepassubir
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 2:02:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Russian TG

A source from the Cheka-OGPU said that yesterday’s sharp escalation of Putin’s rhetoric regarding Prigozhin was provoked by representatives of the presidential administration. The need to “de-heroize” Prigozhin was argued to Putin due to the growing attention of the country’s population to the statements of the leader of the Wagner PMC, in particular his interview on June 23, where for 30 minutes he raised questions about the true reasons for the start of the war and the failure of this idea.

According to available measurements, the forwarding of this video and the approving discussion of Prigozhin’s theses present there began to grow rapidly after the death of the PMC leadership. And it continues to grow.

In addition, Putin was informed of the risks of the possible appearance of the second part of this interview online on the eve of the presidential elections.

Even the dead Prigozhin is feared in the Kremlin.

https://t.me/vchkogpu/42295

June video
View Quote

At some level I have to wonder if Putin is a Ukrainian deep cover agent. 😂 He may have taken out more generals and colonels than the AFU. And may do more to demoralize troops at the front than any AFU propaganda.

Don’t interrupt the enemy while they are feasting on their own.

Link Posted: 10/6/2023 2:03:16 PM EDT
[#48]

That is a Spartacus, Churchill, Patrick Henry level reply. Glory to the hero.

View Quote

That is a patriot.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 2:06:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jungatheart:
Originally Posted By planemaker:

I've had to use ferrites a number of times to clean up the RFI/EMI being generated on-board. Some cheap Chinesium parts are horrible wrt RFI. I had a 433Mhz telemetry link that was so bad, if I put a decent antenna on it, servos would start to jitter just sitting on the ground. Same unit on the ground station would cause the USB port it was plugged into to become unresponsive.

lol.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 2:07:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: daoliver924] [#50]

The state of Texas says, Hold my beer, let me tell you about 1836-1848 fisticuffs with Mexico!

View Quote
You might want to read up on that. Technically it was a punitive action as Polk placed troops on the Texas side of the Rio Grande (which Mexico disputed) and Mexico attacked them. Thus it became a punitive action.
The US basically pulled what Russia is currently doing.
Should we withdraw and give Texas and California back to Texas?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican%E2%80%93American_War
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4972 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top