Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4977 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 10/7/2023 1:50:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#1]
Here is another pants on head stupid situation. The US and EU are helping Georgia apply for EU membership while not doing anything to help them kick Russia out? WTAF?  

The West refuses to see the overall strategy of Russia and wants to try to minimize each incursion as a point problem rather than pieces of a “sphere of influence” grab for empire.

Guys, I appreciate the invite to dinner but I’m being raped at the moment.

According to Georgian President Salome Zurabishvili, such a step poses a direct threat to Georgia,
its European integration aspirations and the security of the Black Sea. She called the Russian plans a “provocation.”
twitter.com/Zourabichvili_…
The EU stated that the Russian military presence in these regions is illegal and violates the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Georgia, the principles of international law and international obligations undertaken by Russia itself.
gordonua.com/news/worldnews…
The US Senate Foreign Relations Committee said Washington will always reject Russian occupation of Abkhazia and South Ossetia and is committed to supporting Georgia in the reforms needed to move it along the Euro-Atlantic path.
twitter.com/SFRCdems/statu…
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/7/2023 1:52:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Grendelsbane] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
This is really scraping the bottom of the barrel. Earlier Ukraine officially seized a few Su-25 jets that are in bad shape and will be used for parts as well.

“But Ukraine can’t make best use of F-16s without blah blah blah.  They only have 100 hours left one them blah blah blah.“

I’m pretty sure any F-16 that can take off for one flight is better than these F-25 and F-35 hulks.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_4146-2982486.jpg

View Quote

I’m so confused.  You say Su-25, the tweet says Su-35, and the picture shows MiG-25s.

Edit- the linked Euromaidan article says MiG-25, agreeing with the picture.  No clarification on what the other 800 “moveable assets” are.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 1:55:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Vivek copies Obama

We all know Obama was in putin's back pocket with that "I'll have more flexibility after my last election" bullshit.

So it's mind boggling to me that we can have a Republican candidate spouting nearly word for word Obama campaign slogans without getting laughed off the stage for it. The most maddening part of it is his repeating of Obama's assertion that opposing russia is trying to refight the cold war.  russian expansion during the cold war was done under the guise of Marxism.  Marxism is dead.  Even China doesn't give it more than lip service.  What russia is currently pursuing is Imperialism plain and simple.  Anyone making cold war connections to those who oppose russia's imperialistic aggression is retarded, lying or on the take... or all 3.

JUST SAY NO TO THE INDIAN OBAMA!!!

Link Posted: 10/7/2023 1:58:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Grendelsbane:

I’m so confused.  You say Su-25, the tweet says Su-35, and the picture shows MiG-25s.

Edit- the linked Euromaidan article says MiG-25, agreeing with the picture.  No clarification on what the other 800 “moveable assets” are.
View Quote

I agree with the article - I’m not sure what parts, if any, on a MiG-25 would be useable elsewhere.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 2:01:35 PM EDT
[#5]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
This is really scraping the bottom of the barrel. Earlier Ukraine officially seized a few Su-25 jets that are in bad shape and will be used for parts as well.

“But Ukraine can’t make best use of F-16s without blah blah blah.  They only have 100 hours left one them blah blah blah.“

I’m pretty sure any F-16 that can take off for one flight is better than these F-25 and F-35 hulks.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_4146-2982486.jpg

I am not savvy on recognizing Soviet aircraft. A couple of days ago it was posted about Su-25.  Then this tweet about Su-35. So it could be the exact same situation and both tweets are mis-labeling them. Thanks for your knowledge.

Link Posted: 10/7/2023 2:06:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By daoliver924:
They were.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

I need to check, but VoteVets might have been the disgusting PAC that was pushing the "Veterans against guns" crap a while ago
They were.

Any time you see Veterans for [insert political term here] or Veterans against [inset political term here], it's almost always these pieces of crap. They are nothing more than paid leftist shills; they don't care about Ukraine, they most definitely are not friends of Ukraine, and they would turn on Ukraine in a heartbeat if they were told to. No matter what your opinion is on this issue, they are not on your side. They only pretend to care about whatever they are being paid to support or oppose. They would gladly protest in support of Russia if their handlers told them to do that too. Finally something everyone here can probably agree on. There still may be hope for the world. Paid shills can FOAD.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 2:06:11 PM EDT
[#7]
You might want to look deeper at them.
They are fully in support  of Biden and the cluster fuck that is his administration.

View Quote

They understand that now isn't the time for isolationism.  The world is literally starting to come undone lately, and without our guidance ww3 could realistically happen from all this shit.  China goes on Taiwan, nk goes on south, Russia on Ukraine, Iran vs Israel etc.  The situation could really get out of hand here.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 2:08:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 10/7/2023 2:13:08 PM EDT
[#9]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_4145-2982437.jpg

Seriously??  Junior not only bought into Ukraine really isn’t in a war but is still holding on to that tripe?!!

That is a whole herd of  

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/7/2023 2:14:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Here is another pants on head stupid situation. The US and EU are helping Georgia apply for EU membership while not doing anything to help them kick Russia out? WTAF?  

The West refuses to see the overall strategy of Russia and wants to try to minimize each incursion as a point problem rather than pieces of a “sphere of influence” grab for empire.

View All Quotes

According to Georgian President Salome Zurabishvili, such a step poses a direct threat to Georgia,
its European integration aspirations and the security of the Black Sea. She called the Russian plans a “provocation.”
twitter.com/Zourabichvili_…
The EU stated that the Russian military presence in these regions is illegal and violates the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Georgia, the principles of international law and international obligations undertaken by Russia itself.
gordonua.com/news/worldnews…
The US Senate Foreign Relations Committee said Washington will always reject Russian occupation of Abkhazia and South Ossetia and is committed to supporting Georgia in the reforms needed to move it along the Euro-Atlantic path.
twitter.com/SFRCdems/statu…

A history professor on Russia pointing this out on Twitter/X

Send Ukraine Taurus. The entire axis of evil is erupting. If the west doesn’t help Ukraine make short work of Russia, many many more eruptions of violence will occur.

Link Posted: 10/7/2023 2:18:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 2:20:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Zaporizhzhia Front - Orikhiv Axis

UA gains being made. New Telegram channel.

Link Posted: 10/7/2023 2:20:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Send Ukraine Taurus. The entire axis of evil is erupting. If the west doesn’t help Ukraine make short work of Russia, many many more eruptions of violence will occur.

View Quote

Exactly, this is happening because we haven't done enough to preserve a rule-based world order and we've been letting Russia get away with starting all this shit.  In turn, it's emboldening all the other shitheads with a chip on their shoulder to start the attack.  This is what happens to the world when we DON'T play world police.  I expect if Ukraine is allowed to fail in this war NK, China, and Iran will all get it on and we'll have WW3 on our hands.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 2:26:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Interesting to see anti-Ukraine aid (not our problem) politicians like Jordan and DeSantis suddenly jump all in on supporting Israel.

I forget, is Israel within our territorial borders??? Asking for an idiot friend.

This ought to provide for some interesting dialogue regarding Ukraine aid in future debates in Congress.

Link Posted: 10/7/2023 2:26:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Kingsmen:

Exactly, this is happening because we haven't done enough to preserve a rule-based world order and we've been letting Russia get away with starting all this shit.  In turn, it's emboldening all the other shitheads with a chip on their shoulder to start the attack.  This is what happens to the world when we DON'T play world police.  I expect if Ukraine is allowed to fail in this war NK, China, and Iran will all get it on and we'll have WW3 on our hands.
View Quote

QFT. The price you gotta pay to be the king turd on shit mountain.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 2:28:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Interesting to see anti-Ukraine aid (not our problem) politicians like Jordan and DeSantis suddenly jump all in on supporting Israel.

I forget, is Israel within our territorial borders??? Asking for an idiot friend.

This ought to provide for some interesting dialogue regarding Ukraine aid in future debates in Congress.

View Quote

It's almost like they really support Russia.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 2:29:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Great news if true.

Let’s see Congress inevitably discuss sending Israel an aid package while denying Ukraine…

Link Posted: 10/7/2023 2:30:27 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 10/7/2023 2:35:56 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/7/2023 2:36:27 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 10/7/2023 2:39:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#21]
❗️ The Telegraph: Joe Biden intends to ask the Congress for the largest package of military and humanitarian aid to Ukraine. It could be worth $100 billion.

This will provide the best chance of funding before the presidential election in November 2024.

The idea of a big package has the support of many in the administration. Then the issue would not have to be dealt with before the vote, and such a move would avoid further debate in Congress
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 2:40:47 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

Well said. That sounds like a much more polite version of the D***s, P*****s and A******s speech from Team America: World Police but I won't post that here for obvious reasons.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 2:42:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
View Quote
goddamn
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 2:46:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#24]
Zelensky’s response to HAMAS attack.

Excerpt: And it’s critical that the whole world responds to terror in a unified and principled manner.

We in Ukraine have a special feeling about what has happened. Thousands of rockets in the Israeli sky... People killed just on the streets... Civilian cars shot through... Detainees being humiliated…

Our position is crystal clear: anyone who causes terror and death anywhere on the planet must be held accountable.

Today’s terrorist attack on Israel was well-planned, and the entire world knows which sponsors of terrorism could have endorsed and enabled its organization.

Israel has the full right to defend itself against terror. As any other state. And it’s critical that the whole world responds to terror in a unified and principled manner.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/7/2023 2:47:26 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

It proves they weren’t being logical at all.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 2:55:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By kncook:

View All Quotes

Yeah. How is Russia the #2 nuclear power invading Ukraine which borders several NATO countries “not our problem”, but tiny Gaza Strip running wild in south Israel is immediately promised support?

Link Posted: 10/7/2023 3:00:39 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

A brain-dead figurehead in the White House, dysfunction in the Congress, dangerous deficits, the military is exposed as hollowed out. Iran kicking off big doings in Israel. It just seems an opportune time for NK or China or both to kick something off. It feels like 1938 or 39 for sure.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 3:01:21 PM EDT
[#28]
https://x.com/TreasChest/status/1710727491415937159

Russia will try to be re-elected to the UN Human Rights Council next week — Reuters.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 3:02:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 3:07:40 PM EDT
[#30]

Here is the direct link to this retard tweet. Later, Junior is all about Israel’s defense and why isn’t the WH responding?  At least Hunter has the excuse of a crack addiction and being raised in a corrupt, vile family.

View All Quotes

Seriously??  Junior not only bought into Ukraine really isn’t in a war but is still holding on to that tripe?!!

That is a whole herd of  

Here is the direct link to this retard tweet. Later, Junior is all about Israel’s defense and why isn’t the WH responding?  At least Hunter has the excuse of a crack addiction and being raised in a corrupt, vile family.

DJT jr. is the Fredo of the Trump family.

Daddy realized that and decided that Eric would manage all the business enterprises.

Surprising how stupid he can be.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 3:13:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
View Quote

Soon it will be closed for other reasons.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 3:16:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Great news if true.

Let's see Congress inevitably discuss sending Israel an aid package while denying Ukraine

View Quote

Call your congress critters and ask that spending for both be rolled into a single omnibus aid package for Nations Fighting Terrorism and Aggression.  Make them vote on both at the same time and you would pull votes from each side of the isle that wouldn't vote for both independently.

Link Posted: 10/7/2023 3:21:43 PM EDT
[#33]

The West refuses to see the overall strategy of Russia and wants to try to minimize each incursion as a point problem rather than pieces of a "sphere of influence" grab for empire.

"Guys, I appreciate the invite to dinner but I'm being raped at the moment. "

View All Quotes

The West refuses to see the overall strategy of Russia and wants to try to minimize each incursion as a point problem rather than pieces of a "sphere of influence" grab for empire.

its European integration aspirations and the security of the Black Sea. She called the Russian plans a "provocation."
twitter.com/Zourabichvili_
gordonua.com/news/worldnews
twitter.com/SFRCdems/statu

On the other hand, it shows Russia is starting to think they can't maintain control of Crimea. Which kind of undercuts the idea that Russia will start launching nukes if they lose it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 3:27:47 PM EDT
[#34]
up coming live stream

Russian Axis of Evil: A Firm Response - UM Livestream

Link Posted: 10/7/2023 3:29:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 3:33:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

https://i.imgur.com/KJaMJkd.gif
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

That is a whole herd of  

https://i.imgur.com/KJaMJkd.gif

He needs to stop doing cocaine. It's made him fucking retarded.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 3:35:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 3:42:38 PM EDT
[#38]

Yeah. How is Russia the #2 nuclear power invading Ukraine which borders several NATO countries “not our problem”, but tiny Gaza Strip running wild in south Israel is immediately promised support?

View Quote

Evangelical Christian Zionism. Underpins a lot of GD too. The new "conservatives" have no issues making real-world foreign policy based on fundamentalist biblical prophecy because that's what their base and their donors want to see. Nothing to do with democracy, U.S. interests, right and wrong, life and death. Just life as a TV show.

That's where we live now.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 3:47:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 3:51:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:

On the other hand, it shows Russia is starting to think they can't maintain control of Crimea. Which kind of undercuts the idea that Russia will start launching nukes if they lose it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:

its European integration aspirations and the security of the Black Sea. She called the Russian plans a "provocation."
twitter.com/Zourabichvili_
gordonua.com/news/worldnews
twitter.com/SFRCdems/statu

Great point!

Link Posted: 10/7/2023 3:52:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 3:53:13 PM EDT
[#42]

I don’t know why but that really has me coming back to it and cracking up. Thx!

Link Posted: 10/7/2023 3:53:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

Theeeeere's that hypocrisy I was waiting for. NOT ONE MORE CENT! Hurr Durr.
View Quote

Are you surprised?
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 3:54:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lieh-tzu] [#44]
Originally Posted By Auto5guy:

Vivek copies Obama

We all know Obama was in putin's back pocket with that "I'll have more flexibility after my last election" bullshit.

So it's mind boggling to me that we can have a Republican candidate spouting nearly word for word Obama campaign slogans without getting laughed off the stage for it. The most maddening part of it is his repeating of Obama's assertion that opposing russia is trying to refight the cold war.  russian expansion during the cold war was done under the guise of Marxism.  Marxism is dead.  Even China doesn't give it more than lip service.  What russia is currently pursuing is Imperialism plain and simple.  Anyone making cold war connections to those who oppose russia's imperialistic aggression is retarded, lying or on the take... or all 3.

JUST SAY NO TO THE INDIAN OBAMA!!!
View Quote

Wow! There's no way that wasn't deliberate plagiarism on his part. Hoping nobody would notice? If that doesn't completely sink him as a candidate, the Republican electorate is too stupid to breathe.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 3:56:30 PM EDT
[#45]

Most of the "fuck ukrainers" in GD have been "fuck israel" in the past so it only makes sense their ally along with Russia would be Russians ally of Hamas/Iran.
View Quote

Don't forget Syria.

I'm sure many of them find shooting unarmed civilian 20-year-old Israeli girls and throwing their bodies into the back of a pickup where they drive around to cheering crowds to be quite based, in the vernacular.

I used to think a lot of folks were ignorant, then mentally deficient, but I'm coming to think they're so compromised that they're now simply on the other side.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 3:56:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By METT-T:

Evangelical Christian Zionism. Underpins a lot of GD too. The new "conservatives" have no issues making real-world foreign policy based on fundamentalist biblical prophecy because that's what their base and their donors want to see. Nothing to do with democracy, U.S. interests, right and wrong, life and death. Just life as a TV show.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By METT-T:

You guys that know these backstories need to create a cheat sheet like the old QB forearm band so guys like me can keep up. 😂😂

Link Posted: 10/7/2023 3:59:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 3:59:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

QFT. The price you gotta pay to be the king turd on shit mountain.
View Quote

Nice Sturgill reference, well played.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 4:08:53 PM EDT
[#49]
VoteVets doesn't sound like our kind of people...at all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VoteVets.org#

Link Posted: 10/7/2023 4:13:51 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

There is so much useful Israeli tech that Ukraine could've used like Harpy drones, Iron Dome, etc but Israel withheld because of Russian escalation fears in Syria.. how pointless of a move that was in hindsight. Hopefully this pushes the Iggies to arm Ukraine as I have no doubt Russia played some part in encouraging Hamas to launch this attack as a distraction/relief point for itself in Ukraine.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4977 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top