Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4978 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 10/7/2023 4:15:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

The armor dropped off dismounts and left? The infantry worked without any armor support? Is that what I'm seeing?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prime:

The armor dropped off dismounts and left? The infantry worked without any armor support? Is that what I'm seeing?

I was wondering about that as well, but based on how quick the Russian IDF came in, and that it was reasonably accurate enough to be worrying, they seemed more concerned about losing the vehicles.

Perhaps the dismounts had enough cover in the forest belt once they got into the Russian trenches? I don't know.

I wonder what the dismounted assaulting element dudes thought about that whole plan after it was over...
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 4:15:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I hope we see more of the models being used. Ukraine should be able develop a lively international market for their drones after this is won.

Link Posted: 10/7/2023 4:18:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
https://x.com/TreasChest/status/1710727491415937159

Russia will try to be re-elected to the UN Human Rights Council next week — Reuters.
View Quote

JFC
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 4:26:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Wow! There's no way that wasn't deliberate plagiarism on his part. Hoping nobody would notice? If that doesn't completely sink him as a candidate, the Republican electorate is too stupid to breathe.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Auto5guy:

Vivek copies Obama

We all know Obama was in putin's back pocket with that "I'll have more flexibility after my last election" bullshit.

So it's mind boggling to me that we can have a Republican candidate spouting nearly word for word Obama campaign slogans without getting laughed off the stage for it. The most maddening part of it is his repeating of Obama's assertion that opposing russia is trying to refight the cold war.  russian expansion during the cold war was done under the guise of Marxism.  Marxism is dead.  Even China doesn't give it more than lip service.  What russia is currently pursuing is Imperialism plain and simple.  Anyone making cold war connections to those who oppose russia's imperialistic aggression is retarded, lying or on the take... or all 3.

JUST SAY NO TO THE INDIAN OBAMA!!!

Wow! There's no way that wasn't deliberate plagiarism on his part. Hoping nobody would notice? If that doesn't completely sink him as a candidate, the Republican electorate is too stupid to breathe.

He said crashed not wrecked...
Totally different!

He thinks he can copy a winning formula. But the last thing on earth we need is more jingoism without substance.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 4:27:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#5]
Hopefully this strategy blows up in his face. The level of outrage the HAMAS videos incite may just make a believer of the “never Ukraine” politicians that we really do need to be fighting evil on the world stage.

We can keep running around putting out fires after they are roaring infernos. Or maybe track back to the source and start using some of our own asymmetric and conventional power to nip it in the bud.

Link Posted: 10/7/2023 4:29:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Brok3n:

There is so much useful Israeli tech that Ukraine could've used like Harpy drones, Iron Dome, etc but Israel withheld because of Russian escalation fears in Syria.. how pointless of a move that was in hindsight. Hopefully this pushes the Iggies to arm Ukraine as I have no doubt Russia played some part in encouraging Hamas to launch this attack as a distraction/relief point for itself in Ukraine.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

There is so much useful Israeli tech that Ukraine could've used like Harpy drones, Iron Dome, etc but Israel withheld because of Russian escalation fears in Syria.. how pointless of a move that was in hindsight. Hopefully this pushes the Iggies to arm Ukraine as I have no doubt Russia played some part in encouraging Hamas to launch this attack as a distraction/relief point for itself in Ukraine.

This is probably the Second worst decision Putin has made, after the Invasion of Ukraine.  Of Iran, Syria, China, North Korea, etc, Russia is going to be the primary "bill payer" for this foolishness.  Putin had been supported by a bunch of Israelis who originally came from the Soviet Union and loved the newly "free" Russian press and lapped up Putin's propaganda.  When (no "if") the Izzys prove that the SVR had a hand in this, directly or indirectly, the Izzys will probably provide Ukraine any weapon they can spare, including some "party favors" that make anyone defending the Kerch Bridge tremble in fear.  Bibi doesn't handle betrayal well!  Also, if I was a nuclear scientist/engineer living in Iran, it may also be a good time to apply for that job on Linkedin in Papua New Guinea .
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 4:41:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

This is probably the Second worst decision Putin has made, after the Invasion of Ukraine.  Of Iran, Syria, China, North Korea, etc, Russia is going to be the primary "bill payer" for this foolishness.  Putin had been supported by a bunch of Israelis who originally came from the Soviet Union and loved the newly "free" Russian press and lapped up Putin's propaganda.  When (no "if") the Izzys prove that the SVR had a hand in this, directly or indirectly, the Izzys will probably provide Ukraine any weapon they can spare, including some "party favors" that make anyone defending the Kerch Bridge tremble in fear.  Bibi doesn't handle betrayal well!  Also, if I was a nuclear scientist/engineer living in Iran, it may also be a good time to apply for that job on Linkedin in Papua New Guinea .
View Quote

Driving the Israelis into the pro Ukraine camp is catastrophically stupid for ol Pooty Boy.

Link Posted: 10/7/2023 4:55:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By METT-T:

Don't forget Syria.

I'm sure many of them find shooting unarmed civilian 20-year-old Israeli girls and throwing their bodies into the back of a pickup where they drive around to cheering crowds to be quite based, in the vernacular.

I used to think a lot of folks were ignorant, then mentally deficient, but I'm coming to think they're so compromised that they're now simply on the other side.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By METT-T:
Originally Posted By kncook:

Most of the "fuck ukrainers" in GD have been "fuck israel" in the past so it only makes sense their ally along with Russia would be Russians ally of Hamas/Iran.

Don't forget Syria.

I'm sure many of them find shooting unarmed civilian 20-year-old Israeli girls and throwing their bodies into the back of a pickup where they drive around to cheering crowds to be quite based, in the vernacular.

I used to think a lot of folks were ignorant, then mentally deficient, but I'm coming to think they're so compromised that they're now simply on the other side.

I recall that during the Trump campaign and early days of his presidency, many formerly "moderate" liberals started embracing crazier and crazier positions that they likely never would've seriously contemplated adopting previously. I think a similar thing has happened to a lot of people on the right, in light of the Trump presidency, the aforementioned radicalization of the left, and a concentrated propaganda campaign targeted at them. I've actually seen this phenomenon happen to members of my family, and I don't really think there's much in the way of easy solutions.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 4:55:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 10/7/2023 5:38:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Posting this as Jake the Snake Never Been .Mil or Intel But NSC Genius Sullivan is highly relevant to US aid to Ukraine. Maybe he will take one for the idiot team and get booted?

Link Posted: 10/7/2023 5:44:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Repost of yesterday's video of a head shot on a Russian that peeks around a corner as seen from a drone.  Some people missed it because the original account was taken down.

View Quote

If I ever go into combat, I am bringing a mirror on a telescoping rod.  

With 2 backups.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 5:45:03 PM EDT
[#12]
This is how war should be fought. No quadcopter dropping a grenade on a Russian mobik. But a Zuni rocket on his head (HAMAS and whatever air launch rocket IDF uses). Would love to see such vids coming from Ukraine.

Ukraine should host a NATO Adventure Team Building Event where nations compete as combined arms team to see who can wreck the most havoc on the Russian in an 8 hour period. Bring Your Own Havoc.

https://t.me/astraiaintel/173

Link Posted: 10/7/2023 5:49:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By daoliver924:
Not justifying anything. Simply point out that it wasn't some new thing that FJB used. I think it all should be cut. Only thing we should be spending money on is Defense of the physical territory of the USA and the Post Office. Everything else is out of the scope of what the founders intended.
View All Quotes

Irrelevant WHADABOUT.

The federal budget is chock full of excess spending that certain members, as just demonstrated, will go out of their way to justify when it suits them.

https://www.cbo.gov/publication/59014

https://www.heritage.org/debt/commentary/concerning-terrifying-7-horrible-milestones-horizon-bloated-federal-budget

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/federal-bloat-is-at-a-sixty-year-high/

Not justifying anything. Simply point out that it wasn't some new thing that FJB used. I think it all should be cut. Only thing we should be spending money on is Defense of the physical territory of the USA and the Post Office. Everything else is out of the scope of what the founders intended.

Those same founders who also fought Barbary pirates halfway across the world, nowhere near US physical territory?  

Link Posted: 10/7/2023 5:49:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 10/7/2023 5:58:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Artillery on the move getting schwacked by two FPV. Video

After second drone hit. Must have had a good loads of shells.

Link Posted: 10/7/2023 6:01:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Totally different!

He thinks he can copy a winning formula. But the last thing on earth we need is more jingoism without substance.
View All Quotes

Vivek copies Obama

We all know Obama was in putin's back pocket with that "I'll have more flexibility after my last election" bullshit.

So it's mind boggling to me that we can have a Republican candidate spouting nearly word for word Obama campaign slogans without getting laughed off the stage for it. The most maddening part of it is his repeating of Obama's assertion that opposing russia is trying to refight the cold war.  russian expansion during the cold war was done under the guise of Marxism.  Marxism is dead.  Even China doesn't give it more than lip service.  What russia is currently pursuing is Imperialism plain and simple.  Anyone making cold war connections to those who oppose russia's imperialistic aggression is retarded, lying or on the take... or all 3.

JUST SAY NO TO THE INDIAN OBAMA!!!

Totally different!

Not to mention, while Obama was good with delivering nice talking points, he was 100% a DC Establishment tool. If VR is copying him and his playbook, maybe he's not at all the "outsider" he portrays.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 6:09:24 PM EDT
[#17]
I've always thought Obama's speech making voice was about 80% Francisco Franco and 20% Jesse Jackson. When he wanted to come across as mad, he switched out Jackson for Malcolm X.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 6:12:22 PM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 10/7/2023 6:25:10 PM EDT
[#19]

A brain-dead figurehead in the White House, dysfunction in the Congress, dangerous deficits, the military is exposed as hollowed out. Iran kicking off big doings in Israel. It just seems an opportune time for NK or China or both to kick something off. It feels like 1938 or 39 for sure.
View Quote

Weather means China has to have its forces ready on October 1 or May 1 which satellites would notice unless the USA is bogged down in another major war already and as I stated before we’ve gone from a 2 theater plus hold down terrorism 2+ NDS to not being able to do that without a longer time frame and higher cost. So my guess is China would like us distracted to give them the freedom to hit Taiwan before typhoon season is bad if they go the kinetic route. I have no proof but going off a diplomatic spat between China and Iran over GCC territorial claim statements squabble I suspect China is egging Iran on. Birds of a feather though with Moscow Tehran Beijing Pyongyang etc
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 6:27:00 PM EDT
[#20]
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F72z_lrW4AAmVHw?format=jpg&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F73ll7JXkAAdSM7?format=png&name=small

View Quote

Lol.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 6:27:16 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

It was time for kitty to "nope" out of there most riki tik.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 6:27:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:
VoteVets doesn't sound like our kind of people...at all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VoteVets.org#

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/EEC723A6-9863-42E8-8180-CD50882AD517-814.gif
View Quote

Vote vets has been far left for years
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 6:35:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
I worked on the last upgrade to the Hawks, which was only designed for aircraft. Feed it a soviet AC

The wall came down and our 3rd upgrade was given to the NM national guard

It's Spain's way of getting rid of their Hawks
View Quote

I was dumb enough to hope they we’re transferring a Patriot for about 5 minutes before I discovered that wasn’t the case
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 6:37:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

I need to check, but VoteVets might have been the disgusting PAC that was pushing the "Veterans against guns" crap a while ago
View Quote

Yes vote vets has been far left since at least Trump 2016 era
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 6:39:45 PM EDT
[#25]

Not to mention, while Obama was good with delivering nice talking points, he was 100% a DC Establishment tool. If VR is copying him and his playbook, maybe he's not at all the "outsider" he portrays.
View Quote

Obama was an international policy disaster.

Not many ways you could more clearly tell the world you are an untrustworthy snake than by emulating him
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 6:41:12 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

Glad the little fella made it. It's the children and animals I have the hardest time with.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 6:43:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Veccio:
Just more after effects of 20+ years of GWOT and COIN.

ETA--There also was not a lot of political capital to be had for replacing nuclear delivery systems when many of those politicians wanted to get rid of those nukes. New START was one of those big brained ideas that some pushed forward with but as we can see now the Russians just used it to hamstring us while they secretly developed more systems like Sarmat and exercise with Yars. Putin has been setting the West up for decades.
View Quote

Yep China also took advantage
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 6:44:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
I've always thought Obama's speech making voice was about 80% Francisco Franco and 20% Jesse Jackson. When he wanted to come across as mad, he switched out Jackson for Malcolm X.
View Quote

You've got to give the devil his due and Obama had a level of talent as a communicator.  When he'd deliver a line like giving the keys to the guy who wrecked the car, he'd have just enough inflection and chuckle in his voice that it really came across as a funny joke. When Vivek tries to deliver the same line he powers through it with angry snark.  He sounds petty saying the same thing.

Rama Smarmy is what you get if you order Obama off Wish.

Link Posted: 10/7/2023 6:52:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:

i watched it -- not really sure.   lots of things we see don't make a lot of sense from our perspective  -- lacking the full understanding of the situation / mission / intent / enemy disposition, etc

i will say this though -- their ability to track real-time status of events using drones is impressive.  takes a lot of guess-work out of the equation.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:

i watched it -- not really sure.   lots of things we see don't make a lot of sense from our perspective  -- lacking the full understanding of the situation / mission / intent / enemy disposition, etc

i will say this though -- their ability to track real-time status of events using drones is impressive.  takes a lot of guess-work out of the equation.

My understanding of this tactic is that it revolves around limiting exposure of forces to Russian artillery.

The AFU basically smashes the shit out of a position with artillery and drones and only once the position is incapable of serious resistance do they send a small team of infantry in to get in the trench line and mop up.  Once the troops make it in the trench system the vehicles leave because the threat of artillery, drones and helicopters, especially the latter two as they lack anti air assets to defend much of the front lines much less kilometers behind the lines against the KA-52.

If the infantry takes the trench they begin to dig in and repair the fighting positions.  If the unit took loses another convoy of vehicles come in and swap out infantry teams.

My best guess is they have given up on breaking through in a maneuver strategy and are instead using attrition.  I think that a risky plan since Russia has so much more of everything and it sends western aid is falling off because the lack of significant gains.

That makes me think Ukrainian infantry loses have been deeper than I thought.  That it became impossible to clear a significant number of lanes through the mine fields for a full assault due to lack of equipment, and attempts to pile in through a handful of breaches resulted in large traffic jams and losses. It could also be the result of western sensitivity to seeing “their” armor destroyed and damaged forcing Ukraine to play safe with them.

I’ve read that Russian artillery shots per day is down significantly since the start while Ukraine is up, about even for the first time with the Russians.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 7:01:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
Here is my shocked face.
View Quote

Why the only peace Israel will know is when the Palestinians done to them what the Arabs intended for the Jews, drive them into the sea.  There is just too much hate making it easy to twist people into violence there.

This whole thing kicked off as a Russian distraction to get attention off Ukraine, tie up Israeli arms to Ukraine in return for Russia pushing for the 67 borders, you know the ones that were not acceptable to the Palestinians back then.

For those biblically oriented I’m wondering if this Russian Iranian alliance in a now hot war has ears twitching.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 7:09:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By xd675:

My understanding of this tactic is that it revolves around limiting exposure of forces to Russian artillery.

The AFU basically smashes the shit out of a position with artillery and drones and only once the position is incapable of serious resistance do they send a small team of infantry in to get in the trench line and mop up.  

…..

My best guess is they have given up on breaking through in a maneuver strategy and are instead using attrition.  I think that a risky plan since Russia has so much more of everything and it sends western aid is falling off because the lack of significant gains.

That makes me think Ukrainian infantry loses have been deeper than I thought.  That it became impossible to clear a significant number of lanes through the mine fields for a full assault due to lack of equipment, and attempts to pile in through a handful of breaches resulted in large traffic jams and losses. It could also be the result of western sensitivity to seeing “their” armor destroyed and damaged forcing Ukraine to play safe with them.

I’ve read that Russian artillery shots per day is down significantly since the start while Ukraine is up, about even for the first time with the Russians.
View Quote

Yep — all that makes sense to me.  Would not surprise me if a lot of units were 60% strength or less after 18 months.

I know they fielded a lot of new brigades months back — but that’s been a while.

Link Posted: 10/7/2023 7:15:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By 7empest:

Good to see some sanity.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 7empest:

You can't convince me that Ramaswamy is not a complete idiot on foreign policy. He's already said that he would surrender Taiwan to China with no objections (after 2027 I think he said). Now he says he'll surrender to Putin, too. What a joke of a candidate. It isn't even about Russia, or Ukraine, or isolationism; it's about understanding the world we live in and the nature and character of other nations. Appeasement is not the answer.

Good to see some sanity.

Early on, I was in his camp. Then I heard about the death tax and foreign policy. He will not get my vote.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 7:23:05 PM EDT
[#33]

That's a good idea for their use, Odessa area overlooking the sea.
View All Quotes
I would like to see one of those HAWK museum pieces shooting down something.

Likewise. The Hawk is ancient but still capable enough in the point defense roll against Shahed drones at least. I'd park them all along the Odessa coast where their old radars don't have to worry much about terrain and obstacles.

That's a good idea for their use, Odessa area overlooking the sea.

A few hoisted up on those oil platforms.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 7:34:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:

I am pro Ukrainian.

I want the Ukrainian nation to exist after this conflicts ends.

I am tired of watching young men die, needlessly.

View Quote

You don't get to decide what is needless - they do. Period.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 7:53:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 7:55:22 PM EDT
[#36]
I bolded the pertinent part. Literally everything we did up until the 1900's was in response to something someone else did to the USA or it's direct commerce. We didn't get involved just because someone invaded someone.
Ukr provides roughly 1.5 billion in exports to the US. The US (not counting the recent aid) exports 700million to the UKR. 500 million of the UKR exports are iron and steel which we could easily produce at home.
Sorry, Ukr  provides nothing of value to US interests.
View Quote

Are you familiar with the state of steel and iron production in the US? And do you know why it is where it is?
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 8:07:10 PM EDT
[#37]
This is how war should be fought. No quadcopter dropping a grenade on a Russian mobik. But a Zuni rocket on his head (HAMAS and whatever air launch rocket IDF uses). Would love to see such vids coming from Ukraine.

Ukraine should host a NATO Adventure Team Building Event where nations compete as combined arms team to see who can wreck the most havoc on the Russian in an 8 hour period. Bring Your Own Havoc.

View Quote

We actually saw this the other day. A group of russians walking on the road. Something came flying in at high velocity and directly hit one of the russian soldiers. There were literally softball size pieces raining down everywhere. I don't recall if we ever figured out what hit him.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 8:09:36 PM EDT
[#38]

…snip…
For those biblically oriented I’m wondering if this Russian Iranian alliance in a now hot war has ears twitching.
View Quote

Not really. There is a Russian invasion of Israel in the prophecies, and they appear to be aligned with parts of Turkey and some Arabs.  But I don’t see Russia invading anyone else for awhile.  They more than have their hands full for now.  Which makes it kind of odd they have PMCs in Africa.  Some of their allies in the coming invasion are from Africa.  So maybe things are in the very early stages of lineing up.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 8:15:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

We actually saw this the other day. A group of russians walking on the road. Something came flying in at high velocity and directly hit one of the russian soldiers. There were literally softball size pieces raining down everywhere. I don't recall if we ever figured out what hit him.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Excellent!  Glad someone was able to get up to the front far enough with a rocket to do that.

Link Posted: 10/7/2023 8:22:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 8:25:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:

I think the Ukrainians are carrying out operations like this due to the potential for wildly disproportionate damage relative to the amount of resources committed. If a couple SOF teams can do noteworthy damage to Russian forces and their proxies in Africa, it's well worth it. I also wouldn't be surprised if they start hitting the Russians in Syria, too (we already know they were planning on doing this). The logic is similar to the semi-random drone strikes we've seen inside of Russia proper. The Russians can't be on guard all the time everywhere, and a few slip ups can result in some emotional moments.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:
Ukraine Situation Report: Are Kyiv’s Special Operators Fighting Wagner In Africa?

“Probably”.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/ukraine-situation-report-are-kyivs-special-operators-fighting-wagner-in-africa

I think the Ukrainians are carrying out operations like this due to the potential for wildly disproportionate damage relative to the amount of resources committed. If a couple SOF teams can do noteworthy damage to Russian forces and their proxies in Africa, it's well worth it. I also wouldn't be surprised if they start hitting the Russians in Syria, too (we already know they were planning on doing this). The logic is similar to the semi-random drone strikes we've seen inside of Russia proper. The Russians can't be on guard all the time everywhere, and a few slip ups can result in some emotional moments.

I may be wrong, but that video does not look right to me!  Maybe AI generated or from a video game.  Ukraine is barely holding off Russia on it's on soil, why would they send there best units to a foreign country??
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 8:25:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Ukraine Matters: What Ukraine Needs Most | Jake Broe Podcast (E017) @UkraineMatters
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 8:27:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Attachment Attached File

You've got to give the devil his due and Obama had a level of talent as a communicator.  When he'd deliver a line like giving the keys to the guy who wrecked the car, he'd have just enough inflection and chuckle in his voice that it really came across as a funny joke. When Vivek tries to deliver the same line he powers through it with angry snark.  He sounds petty saying the same thing.

View All Quotes
Attachment Attached File
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

Link Posted: 10/7/2023 8:30:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Interesting to see anti-Ukraine aid (not our problem) politicians like Jordan and DeSantis suddenly jump all in on supporting Israel.

I forget, is Israel within our territorial borders??? Asking for an idiot friend.

This ought to provide for some interesting dialogue regarding Ukraine aid in future debates in Congress.

View Quote

Isn't it just?

I saw one of the pro-DeSantis Twitter accounts I follow post, "Ukraine is not our ally. Israel is."

I had to remind them that Ukraine deployed thousands of troops alongside ours for the last two decades during GWOT and was instrumental in evacuating Americans and allies abandoned to the Taliban during Biden's botched Afghanistan retreat.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 8:36:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#45]
Truly excellent retort to those in our govt that think a “stable Russia” is best for regional and world peace. No. You don’t let barbarians rampage about. You don’t fret about terrorist and barbarian stability. You stomp it into irrelevance.

Link Posted: 10/7/2023 8:40:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMvr0ffC0I0
View Quote
I'm 15 minutes in and this is a very good talk.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 8:45:47 PM EDT
[#47]

I think it’s pretty clear the hot portion of this world war has kicked off.  I was on the fence saying it with the fighting in Africa by Russians vs just about everyone else.  Now Iran has dropped its largest card on the table.

Iran is starting to form a key component of the new axis war machine.  

People in this country, especially republicans need to understand this is happening the second they shifted to isolationism and it will only get worse eventually drawing our troops in if we don’t pull our heads out.

Understand the reality of the US returning to the neutral nation the founders envisioned is long dead.  It will not come back.
View Quote

It is not only the isolationists that invite this crap.  Having a senile moron for a president is another giant piece of bait for those wishing to stir up trouble.

Link Posted: 10/7/2023 8:54:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Birddog15:

It is not only the isolationists that invite this crap.  Having a senile moron for a president is another giant piece of bait for those wishing to stir up trouble.

View Quote

People said that about Reagan. I think the primary difference is the demonstrated willingness to crush a couple of tinpot assholes like a cigarette butt.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 9:00:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Truly excellent retort to those in our govt that think a “stable Russia” is best for regional and world peace. No. You don’t let barbarians rampage about. You don’t fret about terrorist and barbarian stability. You stomp it into irrelevance.

View Quote

Yup.  Once they are a poor, backwards, 3rd world shit hole again they can stabilize in that state of mind and stay there for 100 years.  The rest of the world will carry on just fine without them.

Link Posted: 10/7/2023 9:18:13 PM EDT
[#50]

My thoughts as well.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By governmentman:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F70wi0gXQAAFDR4?format=jpg&name=large

I would not be surprised if Russia and Iran had a hand in encouraging this. Keeps Israel focused closer to home and not on the growing Russo-Iranian military partnership

My thoughts as well.

Yep!  This happened after the publicized Possible Iron Dome Transfer!
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4978 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top