Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5416 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 10:15:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#1]

This almost looks like GLSDB with enhanced lethality pellets.  You can see the round come in slowly from the left side and seem to glide at a shallow angle to the target.  Big airburst too.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 10:22:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#2]

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 10:23:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: yekimak] [#3]
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 10:25:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Drone video of yesterday's strike on Russian training ground.

View Quote
Wait a sec - a GMLRS has a certain flight time right?  How on earth did the UA targeters know that all of those dudes would gather in those exact spots at those exact times?  Especially the first vid - that didn't look like a pre-planned gathering of troops.

I think our guys have someone WAY inside to score like that . . . or those weren't GMLRS.

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 10:28:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By mercersfinest4:
China is currently teetering on the edge economically.

I imagine the threat of sanctions will keep them from doing much more than they currently are.

Also, is it in China’s best interest for Russia to win in Ukraine?  I’m not so sure.  A defeated and bled out vassal state on its border may be more attractive.
View Quote

China's chief interest, which they share with Russia, is to dethrone the US as the world's top dog. They know Russia is puny in terms of economy, population, technology development. Russia is no threat to China, and never will be, even if they win in Ukraine. Taking the US off the table by bleeding us dry in Europe (and the middle east) serves their interests.

Exactly whose frog is being boiled here?
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 10:33:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#6]
Originally Posted By _disconnector_:
Wait a sec - a GMLRS has a certain flight time right?  How on earth did the UA targeters know that all of those dudes would gather in those exact spots at those exact times?  Especially the first vid - that didn't look like a pre-planned gathering of troops.

I think our guys have someone WAY inside to score like that . . . or those weren't GMLRS.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Ukrainian forces have shown repeatedly, even from Russian sources that they are able to listen in on Russian communications channels, and there are units like ATESH that actually have guys on the inside relaying info to Ukrainian forces.  Civilians that spot Russian activity can also call it in on an app.

GMLRS has a pretty short flight time, it won't take long for it to reach out to 50 miles once fired.  Ukrainian forces also have shortened their time to call for artillery and have that artillery hit soon after.  The drone being used in the video is a "Shark" which is specially made to work with HIMARS units.  It has a feature where it can point that square reticle on the target and get GPS coordinates of that spot to the firing units.  

Those were GMLRS, specifically M30A1 rounds, they have a specific signature when they go off.

GMLRS Alternative Warhead Engineer & Manufacturing Development Phase Test & Evaluation

Old footage, but a good angle to show the area of effect from the M30A1 round.

Incredible Footage Of GMLRS Alternative Warhead Hitting Russian Training Base
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 10:33:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Lieh-tzu] [#7]
Originally Posted By Prime:
Interesting mixed signals.

🇲🇩🇺🇦 Information appeared in the media that Transnistria promised to launch a corridor for the export of Ukrainian grain, in return hoping for help from the Kyiv regime in resolving the economic conflict between Tiraspol and Chisinau.

Let us recall that since the beginning of the year, the Moldovan authorities began to impose double taxes on economic agents from Transnistria, thereby undermining the exports of Pridnestrovians. In Chisinau they do not hide the fact that they thereby intend to draw the PMR into their constitutional field.

▪️The other day there was a meeting between the head of the PMR Vadim Krasnoselsky and the Ambassador Extraordinary of the so-called. Ukraine Pauna Rogoveya. Apparently, in the conditions of the most difficult economic situation in Tiraspol, they are trying to negotiate relief in a situation that was created by the Western curators of Moldova in the person of the USA and Great Britain.

▪️At the same time, at the end of last year, the Ukrainians agreed on a reserve grain corridor through Transnistria. For the PMR, relations with Kiev are important in order to restore legal and shadow trade schemes that have been undermined since 2022.

▪️However, Chisinau will also be a serious political gain, since the launch of a grain corridor through the PMR will allow the Moldovan and Ukrainian authorities to carry out customs control at the Transnistrian border.

🔻Faced with a severe economic crisis, pressure from the Moldovan authorities and military threats from neighbors, Transnistria, in the absence of outside support, is sliding into a hopeless situation. And given the assertiveness of all interested parties, we can hardly expect an improvement in the situation in the region, which is being pushed towards escalation.
#Moldova #Transnistria #Ukraine

https://t.me/rybar/57427
View Quote

Dear Presidents Sandu & Iohannis:

Please take action to resolve the Transnistria problem immediately and expel all Russians and Russian agents from the territory. And transfer all the inventory of the Copasna armory to Ukraine.

Thanks,
The free world
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 10:39:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Lieh-tzu] [#8]
Originally Posted By Evintos:
80 years is a number another poster used in reference to the US build up of military arms to oppose the USSR (the entirety of the Cold War era build up). I just responded to his/her 80 years. Fact is, we got less than that as evidenced by the amount of stuff that has been sent and the supposed shortage for our own use. It's simple, we're not sending enough weapons and equipment to Ukraine to actually make a game changing (war winning) difference other than to feel good because the US and EU doesn't want to or fundamentally can't. In order to actually send enough weapons without sending troops, it would mean to potentially compromise our own national defense strategy which leaves us vulnerable to other threats.

The chances that the US government risking that is effectively 0%, thus the option is if US and NATO wants to defeat Russia, the commitment of troops and therefore equipment and fighting alongside the Ukrainians would be necessary as it seems that the only way US and European/NATO equipment would be sent in a large enough quantity (at a fast enough pace) to deal a big enough blow to Russia (to set them back a couple of decades) is to commit troops on the ground WITH equipment. US equipment, in US hands, killing Russian troops. NATO troops with European equipment killing Russians. Do you think that the US and EU would delay equipment to their own soldiers? I don't know about Europe but for the US, not likely.

You and others can choose to go "nah, it's enough for now" but what happens a few months down the line when another request for aid comes from Ukraine? Then another? Then another? At what point do you go, accept, hey, it's not enough because we aren't sending amounts at a level/rate required for Ukraine to win. It wasn't enough the first time, the second time, it won't be enough the third time, the fourth time (I've lost track of how many packages already). Logic is simple - send a big package to begin with, but the US and EU can't. Why? Because the government (both US and European) has done and will continue to do a 3rd order calculus to figure out the ramifications of such actions and it's not in their own national interest to do so.

People (politicians especially) shouldn't pretend like a measly $60 billion package RIGHT NOW is the war winning amount, because it isn't. Don't bury your head in the sand. Look at the whole picture not just what you want to see. Below are some recent articles. The reality is staring you in the face and the totality of the actions of US and EU/NATO thus far is the truth. Actions are meaningful, not words. The sense of urgency from Europe, simply is not there. If they actually cared, they would get their asses into high gear. They are not doing so because at the moment, they're more concerned about which of their "military industrial complex" gets the bulk of the purchase orders, which of course is in their own national interest. Our (US) and their (EU) national interests, while somewhat aligned with Ukraine, is nevertheless not in the best interest for Ukraine.

EU Military Aid for Ukraine Held Up by Germany and France

France Is Struggling to Pay for Ukraine Aid as Budget Stretched

German opposition to reform of EU fund risks delaying arms to Ukraine

EU Acknowledges Months of Delay for Ukraine Ammunition Pledge
Bloc to meet only 52% of objective for March 2024 delivery
<-- months delay for already pledged equipment.

Bulgaria delays promised military aid to Ukraine

Ukraine's Zelenskyy says foreign aid delays are making life 'very difficult'

EU grapples with future of military aid for Ukraine

Compare it to, "HAHA no more microchips for Russia!" and what the propaganda said about Russia running out of equipment and manpower, they still manage to find or buy enough of it (and it actually being delivered). The reality shows - Shahed drone attacks, the FPV drones attacks, the FAB bomb strikes, the Iskander missile strikes, so on and so forth continues.

The US, EU could've passed a single $500 billion aid package at the beginning of the '22 invasion and it likely would have passed due to the immense amount of global support at the time and not have to worry about passing another aid package, having only to worry about fulfilling the delivery, but they didn't. For a reason.
View Quote

Solid post. Bold added.

It's hard to be faced with a choice of taking an action that is appropriate now that could potentially adversely affect some other possible event in the future. 'Maybe we'll get in another war later' doesn't seem very solid to me. There was never an option to aid Ukraine that didn't involve significant risk to the US and its military capacity. Russia declared Ukraine's conquest an existential requirement, which means they went all-in. No half-measures were ever going to be enough to defeat that, but half-measures and empty promises are all that's been provided to Ukraine.

Send ATACMs now.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 10:43:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 10:43:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

Dear Presidents Sandu & Iohannis:

Please take action to resolve the Transnistria problem immediately and expel all Russians and Russian agents from the territory. And transfer all the inventory of the Copasna armory to Ukraine.

Thanks,
The free world
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 10:45:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Thermal view, white is hot.

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 10:47:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#12]
This could just mean more HIMARS ammunition as well.

The German Bundestag has voted by a majority in favor of a draft resolution calling for the delivery of long-range missiles to Ukraine.

Taurus cruise missiles are not explicitly mentioned but they fit the description.

382 MPs out of 668 present were in favor, 284 were against, and 2 more abstained. The document says that long-term military support for Ukraine "includes the supply of the necessary additional long-range combat systems and ammunition" so that it "could launch targeted strikes against strategically important facilities located in the deep rear" of Russian forces.

The decision is now up to Chancellor Olaf Scholz.

Long-range missiles are one of the key weapons needed by Ukraine on the battlefield.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 10:47:28 AM EDT
[#13]
NSFW.

View Quote

I saw that earlier on TG and was so horrified I just put the tablet down and found something else to do

Guy’s like “fuck it, might as well warm up, make some lemonade out of this situation”.

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 10:47:41 AM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

If you invade a country it's probably wise to accept you have eyes on you at all times.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 10:51:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 10:51:42 AM EDT
[#16]

I saw that earlier on TG and was so horrified I just put the tablet down and found something else to do

Guy’s like “fuck it, might as well warm up, make some lemonade out of this situation”.

View All Quotes
NSFW.

I guess my stomach was up for it today, I did not post the one where a drone was watching a hawk eating a Russian soldier.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 10:52:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#17]

In these cases, M31 rounds are being used.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 10:53:08 AM EDT
[#18]
We are getting close to the two year anniversary of this invasion. People are still showing their pride in Ukraine. We are still thanked for being here as foreigners, and make a lot of new friends. Someone even gave me a quilted Ukrainian angel today while out and about.

Got the Glock yesterday as well.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 11:02:08 AM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

I guess hanging around rotting corpses has desensitized his nose to burning human flesh.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 11:19:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#20]

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 11:26:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#21]

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 11:27:59 AM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 11:35:44 AM EDT
[#23]

I guess my stomach was up for it today, I did not post the one where a drone was watching a hawk eating a Russian soldier.
View All Quotes
NSFW.

The suicide vids are the roughest for me to watch and the what I debate the most when deciding to send to the group chat.  

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 11:39:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#24]
Originally Posted By yekimak:

The suicide vids are the roughest for me to watch and the what I debate the most when deciding to send to the group chat.  

View All Quotes
NSFW.

Same for me as well, I just won't post them.  I am more focused on the tactical battles and the equipment and how it all works.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 11:56:14 AM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 12:02:26 PM EDT
[#26]

These guys are really cleaning up the trash somewhere. Yet all we hear from the blowhards is about them bailing out of one town.

Sixty three vehicles and fuel tankers is a *LOT* of logistical vehicles to lose in a day.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 12:11:10 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

War is hell. If you can't dissociate or compartmentalize, you'll go nuts, which helps no one but Russia in this milieu.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 12:31:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 12:49:09 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

GMLRS is fast. It arrives at a higher velocity than artillery.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 12:51:58 PM EDT
[#30]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GG8mPjuXwAE9guN?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote

I'm sure escalating the war to hit Russian rear areas which the Russians have declared off limits will have absolutely no response or consequences
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 12:53:02 PM EDT
[#31]

This almost looks like GLSDB with enhanced lethality pellets.  You can see the round come in slowly from the left side and seem to glide at a shallow angle to the target.  Big airburst too.
View Quote

Good observation.   Didn’t look like himars.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 12:54:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Harlikwin:

I'm sure escalating the war to hit Russian rear areas which the Russians have declared off limits will have absolutely no response or consequences
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 12:55:44 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

Well, they were watching with a drone.  That makes the timing a bit easier.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 1:01:48 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

Well, it hasn't had any consequences when the Ukrainians do it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 1:10:21 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

We've seen Sevastopol get hammered numerous times, we've seen numerous strikes on Moscow, we've seen numerous strikes on infrastructure all across Western Russia, Belgorod is getting hit on a consistent basis, we've now seen strikes on St. Petersburg, etc. I highly, highly doubt that the delivery of Taurus will cause anything other than a bunch of moaning and groaning on Russian State TV.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 1:16:57 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Uhhhh. Fuck them?
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 1:17:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:I highly, highly doubt that the delivery of Taurus will cause anything other than a bunch of moaning and groaning on Russian State TV.
View Quote

Peak Solovyov!
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 1:18:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: _disconnector_] [#38]

View All Quotes

And who should give a single fuck about what the Russians declare "off limits"?  

If that worked we should just declare all of the territory of Ukraine as "off limits" and watch the Russians run out.  Heck, by their own treaty obligations Ukraine is *already* "off limits" to the Russians.  Did it work then?  What's good for the goose is good for the gander - if Russians ignore red lines and off limits areas then why should we?

Also, "off limits" only works if you have an actual credible threat for retaliation.  The Russians do not.  

If you believe the Russian nuclear threats them I'm also a Nigerian prince that would like to transfer my wealth to the US with your assistance.  

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 1:24:48 PM EDT
[#39]

If that worked we should just declare all of the territory of Ukraine as "off limits" and watch the Russians run out.  Heck, by their own treaty obligations Ukraine is *already* "off limits" to the Russians.  Did it work then?  What's good for the goose is good for the gander - if Russians ignore red lines and off limits areas then why should we?

Also, "off limits" only works if you have an actual credible threat for retaliation.  The Russians do not.  

If you believe the Russian nuclear threats them I'm also a Nigerian prince that would like to transfer my wealth to the US with your assistance.
View Quote

People think that there is some kind of world order that enforces stated or unstated limits.
There is not. There is only agency, capability and responsibility.
The regression apologia process after what has been done, takes many forms and many names.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 1:34:09 PM EDT
[#40]

Same for me as well, I just won't post them.  I am more focused on the tactical battles and the equipment and how it all works.
View All Quotes
NSFW.

Tho with Spooks seemingly out of order for the time being....

I also try to avoid stuff with like long, overproduced, intros and stuff. Fuck, I'm surprised that ending credits haven't become a thing yet. Or maybe they have and I've not noticed because I've not gotten that far because the 87th separate marine airborne dawnwolfnightwizardviking brigade named after (insert historical figure here)'s graphics designer/video editor/drone operator had to show off...

And don't get me started on the fucking watermarks.

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 1:51:07 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

How many times have Russians targeted apartments, hospitals, schools, shopping malls, etc?
Aren't these civilian targets off limits per Geneva convention?
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 1:53:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Circuits:

People think that there is some kind of world order that enforces stated or unstated limits.
The regression apologia process after what has been done, takes many forms and many names.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Circuits:

I think the people in the West are projecting their experiences of corporate or government policy-driven decision-making culture onto places like Russia. And Russia is well aware of this, so they keep making the West believe there is a set of rules that can be followed.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 1:59:21 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Looked to me like he might've been trying to play dead for other FPV drones and didn't figure in the cookoff.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 2:07:57 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

Hasn’t yet

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 2:08:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#45]

I also try to avoid stuff with like long, overproduced, intros and stuff. Fuck, I'm surprised that ending credits haven't become a thing yet. Or maybe they have and I've not noticed because I've not gotten that far because the 87th separate marine airborne dawnwolfnightwizardviking brigade named after (insert historical figure here)'s graphics designer/video editor/drone operator had to show off...

View All Quotes
NSFW.

lol, I hear ya, this war has a completely new way of presenting the info visually, including bad music choices over the video. Historians for years are going to have to pour over and scrub the videos of copyrighted music.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 2:12:18 PM EDT
[#46]
NSFW.

View Quote
How fucked up in the head do you have to be to casually warm up to a burning body? You have to be some sort of psychopath, some sort of mental disconnect. I'm trying to think of some example of animals exhibiting parallel behavior but I can't.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 2:12:48 PM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 2:28:13 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

Tis war. There is no 'off limits' as evidenced by the multiple attacks on predominately civilian areas. Don't like it? Don't start it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 2:32:02 PM EDT
[#49]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GG8LlbMXoAAZ6z5?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GG8LlbNWoAAAkGD?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

Looks like 30 bucks worth of chinese shit from aliexpress.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 2:37:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By CS223:
How fucked up in the head do you have to be to casually warm up to a burning body? You have to be some sort of psychopath, some sort of mental disconnect. I'm trying to think of some example of animals exhibiting parallel behavior but I can't.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CS223:
NSFW.

Florida man.
You’ve obviously never been in the field for a prolonged amount of time, freezing.   You’d be grateful for any source of heat, regardless of the source.   Because you just want to get through the next minute/hour/day, without frostbite or death.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5416 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top