Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5449 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 2:23:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Prime:
Utah girl, “Baby Doc”-

"People who support Putin🐵 and follow him like a cult leader support insanity and are mentally equal to zombies. The war started because one idiot wants more territory than he can have," says Glena, who came to Ukraine from America🇺🇸.

As part of the 2nd International Defense Legion of Ukraine, together with the medics of the 63rd brigade, she saves the lives of our soldiers.

https://t.me/ombr_63/487

View Quote

She's one cool chic. Nice to see her getting noticed for her work on the front.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 2:30:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Looks like the APC took an ATGM too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
DPICM usage.

Upper right corner at 0:55
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 2:33:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Bradley wrecking a Russian IFV full of troops, then a drone drops a grenade amongst the pinned down infantry, NSFW.

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 2:36:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Two reasons for this.

1. Russian sources were told to shut up about confirming Russian aircraft losses in the past few days.
2. The Ukrainians are using something new that they don't want to show yet to give away how they are achieving the kills.

Ukrainian claims have been pretty strict over the past two years.  They haven't claimed Russian friendly fire incidents on their own aircraft, despite video proof and Russian claims, and they didn't claim the Wagner shoot downs either.

There have been claims on Twitter in the past about Russian aircraft shot down that the Ukrainian govt. the next day says aren't true in their daily totals.  So I tend to believe them when they are making an official claim, otherwise this will bite them in the ass because the Russians would not be losing planes, and they would lose a lot of credibility.  I am sure they are well aware of this.

View Quote

Originally Posted By ServusVeritatis:

Video of several crash sites and several falling SU34s the last 10 days as well as the A-50. Crash site yesterday was filmed by a passing Russia . Keep in mind that kills are being recorded as much farther from the front lines than normal.Civilians do post about “falling aircraft” on Telegram even if no vid is posted.

The transponder beacons of Russian pilots that activate when they eject (or when their bodies are thrown from the cockpit) are being activated after attempted shoot downs. These aren’t encrypted in any way and are visible by most parties.

The fighter-bomber channel stated he’s being told to no longer give BDA publicly and is alluding to being “told” what to say. He is not a fan of Russian command killing him/his friends.

I. the last 10 days he hasn’t offered a single rebuttals to the mass Ukrainian claims. Deafening silence.

Thats a lot of secondary evidence.
View Quote

I think you two nailed it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 2:38:08 PM EDT
[#5]

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/throwTheTowel-551.gif
View All Quotes
Bradley wrecking a Russian IFV full of troops, then a drone drops a grenade amongst the pinned down infantry, NSFW.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/throwTheTowel-551.gif

LOL!!!

Go home you dumb bastards.

Surrender to the Ukrainians. Frag your officer and/or NCOs.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 3:20:36 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

R E K T

One of the top videos of the war.  I don’t think there’s another one yet that shows an IFV-APC kill with infantry involved.

This video also shows something I’ve believed was the case for a while - that the Russians are double-loading some of their APCs with a load of infantry inside and a load of infantry on top.  Possibly points to an increasingly lack of vehicles to do the mission.  Also, BTRs are not supposed to be direct replacements for BMPs in assault, yet they’re doing it anyway.  My eyeballs also tell me that direct assaults using BTRs are becoming a lot more common than we used to see.

Looks like the Russian on the far right was disemboweled by a 25mm hitting at his feet and was trying to shove his guts back in.  Sheer fucking hell.

Then drones add to the carnage.

Top notch work, Ukrainians.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 3:20:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 3:27:55 PM EDT
[#8]

R E K T

One of the top videos of the war.  I don’t think there’s another one yet that shows an IFV-APC kill with infantry involved.

This video also shows something I’ve believed was the case for a while - that the Russians are double-loading some of their APCs with a load of infantry inside and a load of infantry on top.  Possibly points to an increasingly lack of vehicles to do the mission.  Also, BTRs are not supposed to be direct replacements for BMPs in assault, yet they’re doing it anyway.  My eyeballs also tell me that direct assaults using BTRs are becoming a lot more common than we used to see.

Looks like the Russian on the far right was disemboweled by a 25mm hitting at his feet and was trying to shove his guts back in.  Sheer fucking hell.

View All Quotes

R E K T

Early on in Mauriopul there was a thermal/NV video from a Azov BTR-4 that was absolutely slaughtering MTLBs full of infantry at point blank range.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 3:58:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Abakan:

View All Quotes
DPICM usage.

I don’t see anything there at the :55 mark.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 4:01:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#10]

Early on in Mauriopul there was a thermal/NV video from a Azov BTR-4 that was absolutely slaughtering MTLBs full of infantry at point blank range.
View All Quotes

R E K T

I forgot about that one.  So, one of two videos.

BTR-4 kills Russian BMP with infantry hiding behind, some of whom are probably a foot or two shorter now.

Mariupol BTR-4 kills Russian T-72, BTR, and probably BMP, no infantry seen.

Also you can see in this video that two other BTRs were stopped by something - a burned-out one it passes on the way in, then a damaged/abandoned one stopped in the road right at the debarcation point.
Plus this seems to be the same stretch of road from the video yesterday where a BTR is shown debarking infantry then the infantry gets chopped up and the BTR is hit later.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 4:08:41 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Wow. Go home Russia. Go home.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 4:22:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Wait for it.

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 4:27:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By DonKey153:

I'm starting to belive it's plausible that there are a small number of F16s there now.
View All Quotes

They claimed another 34 last night…..this is getting out of hand for the Russians.

That Russian fighter bomber channel was silenced about loses but isnt refuting these public claims all over by Ukraine….that silence tells plenty. That channel has been critical of Russian command and isn’t going to willfully run fake rebuttals even if told not to confirm loses.

Wonder what Ukraine is doing?

I'm starting to belive it's plausible that there are a small number of F16s there now.

Occam’s Razor
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 4:28:08 PM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes
DPICM usage.

The dead bodies they blurred out on the back of the APC?
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 4:28:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#15]
Originally Posted By Brok3n:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/65378/agsg_JPG-3147036.jpg
View Quote

Great find, additional images.

Another reason I like these for use on the top of M1 and Bradley's for protection from drones.

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 4:32:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 4:37:16 PM EDT
[#17]

IMO it depends on how many are there.  For example, if there were just 4 of them with AIM-120-Ds, they could be extracting the level of Russian fighter losses we see, while essentially being a needle in the haystack to find and target.
If they’re all in at once they might make a faster difference but they will also be easier to find and easier to hit.
Maybe the best bet is to have a limited number and just bleed Russian airpower for a while - low-risk, medium reward.  Then once you’ve bloodied their nose for a few months start working more in to work over ground targets.
This might coincide with a likely Russian Spring offensive.  There probably isn’t a lot going on now, but in two months having a bunch of F-16s ready to JDAM troop concentrations could make for a bloodbath.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
On topic of the recent RU losses, the Austrian Colonel said that the F-16s are already operating in Ukraine.

It will be interesting to find the actual date the F-16's arrived.  I suspect they aren't there yet, because you will see the biggest Russian ballistic and cruise missile tantrum you have ever seen.  Worse than when Patriot first arrived.

IMO it depends on how many are there.  For example, if there were just 4 of them with AIM-120-Ds, they could be extracting the level of Russian fighter losses we see, while essentially being a needle in the haystack to find and target.
If they’re all in at once they might make a faster difference but they will also be easier to find and easier to hit.
Maybe the best bet is to have a limited number and just bleed Russian airpower for a while - low-risk, medium reward.  Then once you’ve bloodied their nose for a few months start working more in to work over ground targets.
This might coincide with a likely Russian Spring offensive.  There probably isn’t a lot going on now, but in two months having a bunch of F-16s ready to JDAM troop concentrations could make for a bloodbath.

Good plan.
1 Attrit Russian aircraft
2 Continue SEAD/DEAD to expand operation envelope for friendly aircraft
3 With a bigger operating envelope, start pounding the crap out of the ground forces
4 profit
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 4:43:35 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

Bradleys are typifying the definition of carnage.
Can't believe how accurate that cannon is.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 4:44:20 PM EDT
[#19]
I know the Bradley I crewed what not that version... I was on a A0 Bradley,  But seeing these images makes me feel good that our troops have a pretty dang good vehicle to use.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 4:52:31 PM EDT
[#20]
I don't lose any sleep at night.

https://battlemachines.org/2023/07/17/are-chinese-naval-ships-poorly-designed/

https://battlemachines.files.wordpress.com/2023/07/12.png
https://battlemachines.files.wordpress.com/2023/07/12-2.png
https://battlemachines.files.wordpress.com/2023/07/12-1.png

LRASM is able to go after specific parts of a ship like this to take out the magazines, or bridge if you like, so that you don't need as many to finish the job.
View Quote

Shhhhh! Don't tell them what they need to fix!
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 5:13:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
I don't lose any sleep at night.

https://battlemachines.org/2023/07/17/are-chinese-naval-ships-poorly-designed/

https://battlemachines.files.wordpress.com/2023/07/12.png
https://battlemachines.files.wordpress.com/2023/07/12-2.png
https://battlemachines.files.wordpress.com/2023/07/12-1.png

LRASM is able to go after specific parts of a ship like this to take out the magazines, or bridge if you like, so that you don't need as many to finish the job.

I know, but the info has been out in the public for awhile now, apparently the Chinese think they make better ships despite the criticism.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 5:15:00 PM EDT
[#22]

Transnistria first. Wiping the Russians there is realistic and will boost moral.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jough43:
If France, Poland or any other countries choose to put boots on the ground, I might suggest an easy approach first:  Transnistria and Kaliningrad.  Russia cannot defend either one.  Putin would be beyond furious, but not be able to do much about it.

Use little green men under Ukrainian flag to take Kaliningrad. What's good for the goose...

Transnistria first. Wiping the Russians there is realistic and will boost moral.

220K Russian citizens are separated from their homeland, and need to be returned. It's the only ethical thing to do, help those Russians go home! It's a humanitarian mission to save Russians in Moldavian territory from the awful Moldovans who are so bad to them.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 5:27:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#23]
Aftermath of the Bradley slaughter nsfw.

https://twitter.com/bigSAC10/status/1763990498929262911
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 5:31:55 PM EDT
[#24]

Literally. Britain's task is to force us to launch a military operation against the Baltic countries, that is, to actually attack NATO.
The attack on the residential sector of St. Petersburg is a precursor to larger military provocations.

There is a non-zero probability of an attack on one of the frigates of the Baltic Fleet by unknown naval drones.

ZHIVOVZ[/i]
https://t.me/zhivoff/13119
View Quote

Leave poor Putin alone! He just wants to live in peace! Putin was provoked!

according to half of GD
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 5:43:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By GBTX01:

Did the Chinese ever say what happened to their sub last year?

Missing Chinese nuke sub
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GBTX01:
Originally Posted By birdbarian:
Originally Posted By GunLvrPHD:
Live, true hypersonic round with the HGV under the nose shroud.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GHjeOnKWoAAbacM?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GHjeOn6WcAAxMt-?format=jpg&name=large

How many of these babies are needed to sink three Chinese carriers?

I wonder how good or bad their Damage Control is. AFAIK, they haven't had a severe at sea casualty in a long time. Ours apparently went to shit after WWII, and those lessons were relearned after the USS Forrestal fire off of Vietnam. USS Stark, USS Roberts, USS Cole plus the numerous collisions have shown that we still know how to do it. Not to mention the two subs that hit sea mountains and made it home.

Did the Chinese ever say what happened to their sub last year?

Missing Chinese nuke sub

It's possibly evidence their DC sucks.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 5:46:44 PM EDT
[#26]

A good argument for destroying them now.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

“Widely deployed autonomous weapons integrated with other aspects of AI could result in a new era of machine-driven warfare…The end state of this competition will likely be war executed at machine speed & beyond human control.”

Sort of like  the opening stages of WWI on meth.  Really dangerous with Russia's "Escalate to Deescalate" foreign policy.  You hit the "on" button and you are through all of the DEFCONs and the shooting begins and the canned sunshine is in the air before the leadership even know it is happening.

A good argument for destroying them now.

Si vis pacem, para bellum - it's always been true. And in order for an enemy to be defeated, he has to KNOW he's been defeated. This modern, western notion of limited war is nice for colonial adventurism, but when it's about confronting fascist or imperialist expansion, a different approach is required. Sudden, aggressive, violent action to beat the stuffing out of the enemy and quickly end the threat is the correct approach.

In this context, the Russian building up in mid-2021 should have been accompanied by a ramping up of aid to Ukraine - transfers of weapons & ammo, staging of equipment for quick availability, major training. When Putin kicked it off, there should have been a massive response to absolutely crush the Russian drive to dominate Ukraine, including driving them out of Crimea & Donbas that would leave them fleeing on foot because every plane, helo, & truck is wrecked.

Rope-a-dope, sending aid as convenient, not taking it seriously and getting ready, these things cost many lives. Russian lives, too. If every invader from 2022 had been wiped out to a man, Russian losses overall would have been less. But they would have known defeat, total defeat, felt it deeply, and the Russian people would have known absolutely that NATO can crush them like bugs, but doesn't want to, has no interest in conquering Russia at all, if they just leave other countries alone.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 5:55:29 PM EDT
[#27]
At night in Yekaterinburg, someone carried out sabotage at the electrical substation that supplies the factories of the Russian military industry:

Avdiivka coke and chemical plant. The moment of an airstrike on the location of the Russian personnel.

Ukrainian soldiers testing an autonomist RC Companion Drone:

Footage from Russian Soldiers:

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 5:57:09 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

That gunner had no fucks to give. He was shooting under them at the troops legs if I remember correctly.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 6:01:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lieh-tzu] [#29]
Interview with the Russian governor of Zaporozhia. Says Yanukovich should have pushed even harder pro-Russia, and should have killed himself rather than flee. Describes purging the population of the occupied territory of people unwilling to accept Russian rule, just evicting people and sending them away. Population removal works, and it's a 100% valid tool. If Ukraine wins this thing, population removal and the same evictions going the other way will be 100% necessary, and nobody should criticize them for it. Talking about having to do this more down the road, with the city of Zaporozhia and its large population - more filtration & expulsion.

He was a Ukrainian, but always believed in Russian rule. So I won't call him a nationality he doesn't want. Asshole is a Russian.

Yevgeny Balitsky admits to displacing Ukrainian families
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 6:05:33 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes
DPICM usage.

I don’t see anything in the upper right corner of the video but a treeline.  I can’t tell whether anything in particular is blurry because the resolution is poor.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 6:20:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By nraheston:
At night in Yekaterinburg, someone carried out sabotage at the electrical substation that supplies the factories of the Russian military industry:

Avdiivka coke and chemical plant. The moment of an airstrike on the location of the Russian personnel.

Ukrainian soldiers testing an autonomist RC Companion Drone:

Footage from Russian Soldiers:

View Quote

Dude in screen shot has a 25mm round through his left inner thigh. No blood left in his body. White as a ghost.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 6:21:20 PM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 6:27:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 6:33:18 PM EDT
[#34]

What is a threat emitter? It’s a low cost simple transmitter that outputs a similar waveform to the radar. The idea is to fool Russia into attacking a chunk of wood vs a real MPQ-64.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 6:37:27 PM EDT
[#35]
One of the reasons the glide bomb practice has to be shut down.

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 6:53:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: doc540] [#36]
Seems like dozens of videos of drones observing advancing orcs, but they all get to dismount before their transporter gets hit.

FINALLY, a drone hit while it's loaded, then the Bradley and more drones finish the job.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 7:00:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Correction from this morning.

context of the deleted Luftwaffe tweet (which I did), it's 50/50 (maybe three). Even though I still think there could well be three, it's probably safest to go with just one extra radar for now until we get more evidence.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused. Mistakes are human, but anyone who knows me knows that this usually doesn't happen to me and that is not my standard/ambition either.  
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 7:11:15 PM EDT
[#38]

R E K T

View All Quotes

R E K T

OMG!.   That was intense.  Those guys were most definitely on the wrong end of that 25 Mike Mike.

Kinda reminded me of that scene from Saving Private Ryan when the guys were up on that German tank trying to destroy it and the German 20 MM  Flak 38 cut down on them and they were all gone in seconds.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 7:19:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Aftermath of the Bradley slaughter nsfw.

https://twitter.com/bigSAC10/status/1763990498929262911
View Quote

Oh man.  He stopped to look.  Should not have done that. Should have just kept on running
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 7:42:43 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

Black and white, not thermal.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 7:48:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#41]
15 minutes ago.

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 8:18:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Easterner:
Utah girl, “Baby Doc”-
"People who support Putin🐵 and follow him like a cult leader support insanity and are mentally equal to zombies. The war started because one idiot wants more territory than he can have," says Glena, who came to Ukraine from America🇺🇸.

As part of the 2nd International Defense Legion of Ukraine, together with the medics of the 63rd brigade, she saves the lives of our soldiers.

https://t.me/ombr_63/487

Thought you might have something to say on that

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 8:28:07 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Amazing how difficult it is to find a good version of this on YouTube.

Ukrainian Azov regiment strike a Russian tank in Mariupol
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 8:37:54 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Did you notice the "Low Battery" flash up a couple of times? That tells me the power draw is way too much for whatever battery they are trying to use with it. Internal resistance of cheap Chinesium cells can be really high and makes them almost useless for high power applications.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 8:40:12 PM EDT
[#45]

Amazing how difficult it is to find a good version of this on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lqsYE8IZ3g
View Quote

Look back a page or two.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 8:42:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

Did you notice the "Low Battery" flash up a couple of times? That tells me the power draw is way too much for whatever battery they are trying to use with it. Internal resistance of cheap Chinesium cells can be really high and makes them almost useless for high power applications.
View Quote

They aren't exactly for long term use. I love how those battery packs fire up when they smack into stuff.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 8:48:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

Look back a page or two.
View Quote

Yeah, I mean just the search on YouTube. Very corporate, very kid friendly, impossible to use for historically significant war footage.

Also, I guess this is a justified all caps.

🚨#nampischut

I'M FROM FEODOSIA
COUNTED 8 KILLS, FLYING ONE BY ONE, MOST FLY FLYING BY FEODOSIIA, FLYING TO SEVASTOPOL, SIMFEROPOL

THEY FLY AND FLY, MORE THAN 20 HAVE FLYED IN YOUR SIDE, I CAN EVEN RECORD THE GS.

https://t.me/chp_sevastopol/28871

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 8:51:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4xGM300m] [#48]
Back from a short "break".

(Video)

Wow, that's a lot of smoke.

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 8:53:39 PM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 8:56:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#50]

View Quote

Source:
⚡️Another explosion in Feodosia
🤡Minclownades of the Russian Federation will later say that they knocked everything down.

https://t.me/Crimeanwind/54901

Video:
🇷🇺🇺🇦Air defense has already been operating in Feodosia for about an hour, local residents tell us

https://t.me/warhistoryalconafter/150187

Vehicle traffic on the Crimean Bridge is temporarily blocked.
Those on the bridge and in the inspection area are asked to remain calm and follow the instructions of transport security officers.

https://t.me/most_official/4791

Earlier:
🚒Firefighters and ambulances drove towards the oil depot, our subscribers report

Alarming...

https://t.me/Crimeanwind/54900

Yup, oil depot.

This hasn't happened for a long time. Apparently our oil depot is in the way.🤬
We are waiting for official information. Don't panic, everything will be fine.
We believe in our guys!
#TypicalFeodosia
(account name, not snarky comment)

https://vk.com/wall-113366343_86570

VK account saying “no more air defense, no damage”.
This will be a “wait and see” incident.

Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5449 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top