Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5480 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 4:18:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 4:19:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#2]
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 4:20:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

That is just nuts. I had no idea.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 4:27:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 4:39:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ERNURSE] [#5]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

https://x.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1767272477082767421

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GIac82XW0AA05qu?format=jpg&name=900x900

I mean, it could be fake.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Russian media publishes a photo of the dead "thirteenth", claiming that he was killed by Kadyrovtsi  

Looks like his bladder Also let go, common in some traumatic deaths, not something most fakers would think to include. also his eyes are those of the dead. Ive seen way to many dead in the last 40 years.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 4:40:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Igor, why do I see sparkly flashes of light? And why are my ears so much warmer now?
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 4:44:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Da tovarich, I will see your burn pits and raise you this radiation backpack.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 4:50:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ERNURSE:

Looks like his bladder Also let go, common in some traumatic deaths, not something most fakers would think to include. also his eyes are those of the dead. Ive seen way to many dead in the last 40 years.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ERNURSE:

Russian media publishes a photo of the dead "thirteenth", claiming that he was killed by Kadyrovtsi  

I think you are right, they are saying he was shot by Akhmat, not killed in the airstrike mentioned earlier.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 4:56:15 PM EDT
[#9]

The DoD has released the most detailed graph to date. The green line depicts currently funded production capacity. The red line unfunded (pending the supplemental) capacity. The shading below depicts the funding required to actually buy the ammunition.

This confirms that production will reach 70,000/m by the end of this year. However, they are now stating that funded capacity tops out at 72,000/m, whereas before they were supposed to get to 80,000/m with existing funds.

These figures may be out of date though, as it lists current production at 28,000, and they are above 30,000 already.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 5:00:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 5:02:18 PM EDT
[#11]

I think you are right, they are saying he was shot by Akhmat, not killed in the airstrike mentioned earlier.
View Quote

He still has his pants on.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 5:03:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#12]

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 5:05:11 PM EDT
[#13]

Dispersing them like the Ukrainians have done for the Mig-29's has worked so far.  Keep changing their landing and takeoff areas and keep those areas far west of the frontline and under considerable layered air defenses.  The Ukrainian air force said they have been preparing for the F-16's arrival for months, and it is still ongoing.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By doc540:
If at any time of their choosing orcs can send dozens of drones anywhere in Ukraine, how can F-16's and their support systems be protected?

So, a dozen or so arrive in Ukraine "soon" (there's that word again), how do they survive focused orc attacks because you know they're coming.

What would Curtis LeMay do?  (just trying to keep from getting in a funk here)  

Dispersing them like the Ukrainians have done for the Mig-29's has worked so far.  Keep changing their landing and takeoff areas and keep those areas far west of the frontline and under considerable layered air defenses.  The Ukrainian air force said they have been preparing for the F-16's arrival for months, and it is still ongoing.

Not only dispersal around airbases in a large country, but dispersal off base.  How many drones would it take to effectively cover all parking spots on one base, all hiding locations within a mile of the base, times all possible bases?
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 5:05:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

View All Quotes

It seems he wet them.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 5:06:43 PM EDT
[#15]

It seems he wet them.
View All Quotes

It seems he wet them.

I can see this causing a hard feeling or two between “allies.”  
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 5:07:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Not only dispersal around airbases in a large country, but dispersal off base.  How many drones would it take to effectively cover all parking spots on one base, all hiding locations within a mile of the base, times all possible bases?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:
If at any time of their choosing orcs can send dozens of drones anywhere in Ukraine, how can F-16's and their support systems be protected?

So, a dozen or so arrive in Ukraine "soon" (there's that word again), how do they survive focused orc attacks because you know they're coming.

What would Curtis LeMay do?  (just trying to keep from getting in a funk here)  

Exactly.  The Ukrainian air force has said they are taking careful attention to make sure the F-16's are going to be survivable in theatre.  They said the biggest was setting up the infrastructure in Ukraine to support them properly.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 5:10:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
My wife is much the same way. She hates anything Russian. It goes as far as hating the professional hockey players on our NHL team from Russia, local ballet studio with Russian name/owners, dwts pros from Russia.....right or wrong it's just how it is.

There will never be reconciliation for any Ukrainian who remembers this war.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

Moving on, Olga from Kyiv has more content than Real Ukraine. "What do you think of Russians now?" Savage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j1mTNwiMkI
My wife is much the same way. She hates anything Russian. It goes as far as hating the professional hockey players on our NHL team from Russia, local ballet studio with Russian name/owners, dwts pros from Russia.....right or wrong it's just how it is.

There will never be reconciliation for any Ukrainian who remembers this war.

Yep. The only time my mother used the Lords name in vain was in front of German or Japs, as in "those G*D DAMNED GERMANS/JAPS!"

She hated them till the day she died, though she did mellow her language when she reacher her 90's.

When I joined the Army in '82, she said, Don't you bring home one of them G*D DAMNED GERMANS! And you sure hell better not bring home one of those G*D DAMNED JAPS!

I hate commies, and Russians in particular, the same way. Though I mellowed my language about the godless fucking heathens in my 50's.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 5:14:29 PM EDT
[#18]

Man, the drone went right between his legs too.
View Quote

You can’t put a tourniquet on your taint! Good shoot.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 5:19:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4xGM300m] [#19]

It seems he wet them.
View All Quotes

It seems he wet them.

Yeah, but raping Orcs is kind of a national sport for the Akhmats.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 5:23:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Tomahawks have been around for decades.

A few surplus ones hitting the Russian ordnance, tank, training, and other factories in the rear would be a huge boon to the war effort.

It's a shame that can't happen with some surplus tomahawks.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 5:24:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Russian air power getting coverage in Washington Post: archive link.
Konrad Muzyka, director of the Poland-based Rochan defense consultancy, said that since mid-December, the number of Russian airstrikes on Ukrainian positions — the majority of them by glide bombs — has risen significantly, based on figures from the Ukrainian army general staff.
Since January, Russian airstrikes across the front line have routinely exceeded 100 a day, with nearly 160 occurring four days before Avdiivka fell, he said.
View Quote

Russia will not be running out of dumb bombs, and putting smart guidance kits on them like we do gives them a huge advantage. Even if Ukraine could shoot down five planes a day, it would take a while to make a dent in 100+ sorties a day. And they can't get that many kills.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 5:26:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#22]

View All Quotes

It seems he wet them.

I guess I didn't think about it that way.    That is a thing.

Okay so maybe faked his death.

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 5:28:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Side note: Where are the primary Russian ordnance and tank factories at...

...and are they within 2000KM of Ukraine
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 5:29:56 PM EDT
[#24]

+1 It is what makes it great.
View Quote

So says the poster responsible for 50% of the content.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 5:30:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
Side note: Where are the primary Russian ordnance and tank factories at...

...and are they within 2000KM of Ukraine
View Quote

I am sure if there was a will, a few Tomahawks could be found lying around.

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 5:31:41 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

+1 It is what makes it great.

thanks, I just post the news mostly.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 5:37:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#27]
I’m calling this confirmation.

Three new posts on 13th’s channel.
Clean shaven.

https://telesco.pe/Z13_Separ/26131

ETA-

Or….

He’s still alive.

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 5:38:25 PM EDT
[#28]

I am sure if there was a will, a few Tomahawks could be found lying around.

View Quote

I wonder how long it would take for AU to reverse engineer one.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 5:39:15 PM EDT
[#29]

Exactly.  The Ukrainian air force has said they are taking careful attention to make sure the F-16's are going to be survivable in theatre.  They said the biggest was setting up the infrastructure in Ukraine to support them properly.
View Quote

And I hope they're successful.

That begs the question: How much and what type of support will the F-16's they're getting need?

Maybe I'm the worrying sort, but these stepped up drone attacks and glide bombs give me the heebie jeebies.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 5:39:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 5:40:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Prime:
I’m calling this confirmation.

Three new posts on 13th’s channel.
Clean shaven.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/IMG_4173-3156426.jpg
https://telesco.pe/Z13_Separ/26131

View Quote

Confirmed alive or dead?
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 5:43:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

Confirmed alive or dead?
View Quote

This is one of those times it would be handy as shit to speak Russian.

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 5:45:59 PM EDT
[#33]

That begs the question: How much and what type of support will the F-16's they're getting need?

Maybe I'm the worrying sort, but these stepped up drone attacks and glide bombs give me the heebie jeebies.
View All Quotes

I don't know all the support they might be getting, but drones are slow, and the F-16's will help clear the skies of them making it harder for Russian forces to target things far behind the front lines.  The glide bombs only affect the front lines as well, so it would be unlikely they could reach where they would keep them.  They should have protection from Russian ballistic missiles though, so Patriot coverage would be recommended like they do to protect the Storm Shadow launching Su-24 units.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 5:51:22 PM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 5:54:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#35]

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 6:01:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Alive and still talking shit

This is the taste of victory.

The crests had long ago offered a reward for my little head, and I thought, why not get it?

I had to do everything on the fly, I notified the commander and curators, and away we go! They contacted the GUR members of crests operating on the territory of Russia, who had the task of eliminating public opinion leaders and famous people in Russia. I just couldn't help but miss this chance.

Then there was complete improvisation, even the staged photo had to be muddied, the blood was artificial, it was fun. They ate and choked, we killed them!

All information sources in Ukraine began to publish leaky articles about how I was allegedly killed by my own people from Akhmat.

Now you understand how TsIPSO works, don’t thank me.

Well yes! All information sources of Ukraine just go to hell, you are all liars and crooks, starting with Trukha, ending with the leaky rooster Deniska Kazantsev and UNIAN.

Former dicks are like firewood, not compensation, close the champagne, they won’t give you five lyams.

I plan to die at the age of 93 on the body of the woman I love, relaxing in the (Russian) Caribbean, while making love and drinking French cognac Chateau De Mantifo, with a cigar in my teeth.

I sincerely thank all of us who supported. By the way, in fact, Pozdnyakov gave away all the media, the car, my respect, I laughed at them from the bottom of my heart today.

The mood is fucked, it’s spring, soon the whole of Ukraine will be fucked.

Yes, everyone who was still happy (there are such people), I will sincerely tell you that I forgive you, life will punish you without me, watch your step.

I hope you are in a good mood too, don’t be discouraged, I had to give you these emotions, there will be time to remember.

Words are confused, phones are disconnected.

We continue to work and we will win, everyone who is against us must understand this today.

My methods of operational work will someday be written about in good books.

And yes! This is why I, with my capabilities, give all the Ukrainian media a bad name. Imagine the capabilities of Yevgeny Viktorovich Prigozhin? Introduced?

Yes, this thought also gave me firm confidence.

We are moving forward, we will win!

https://t.me/Z13_Separ/26135

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 6:06:21 PM EDT
[#37]

The crests had long ago offered a reward for my little head, and I thought, why not get it?

I had to do everything on the fly, I notified the commander and curators, and away we go! They contacted the GUR members of crests operating on the territory of Russia, who had the task of eliminating public opinion leaders and famous people in Russia. I just couldn't help but miss this chance.

Then there was complete improvisation, even the staged photo had to be muddied, the blood was artificial, it was fun. They ate and choked, we killed them!

All information sources in Ukraine began to publish leaky articles about how I was allegedly killed by my own people from Akhmat.

Well yes! All information sources of Ukraine just go to hell, you are all liars and crooks, starting with Trukha, ending with the leaky rooster Deniska Kazantsev and UNIAN.

Former dicks are like firewood, not compensation, close the champagne, they won’t give you five lyams.

I plan to die at the age of 93 on the body of the woman I love, relaxing in the (Russian) Caribbean, while making love and drinking French cognac Chateau De Mantifo, with a cigar in my teeth.

I sincerely thank all of us who supported. By the way, in fact, Pozdnyakov gave away all the media, the car, my respect, I laughed at them from the bottom of my heart today.

Yes, everyone who was still happy (there are such people), I will sincerely tell you that I forgive you, life will punish you without me, watch your step.

I hope you are in a good mood too, don’t be discouraged, I had to give you these emotions, there will be time to remember.

We continue to work and we will win, everyone who is against us must understand this today.

And yes! This is why I, with my capabilities, give all the Ukrainian media a bad name. Imagine the capabilities of Yevgeny Viktorovich Prigozhin? Introduced?

View Quote

Hmm, I see.  Now I will be even more skeptical of his next death, even if it is legit.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 6:06:23 PM EDT
[#38]

Same, everyone around me says the same as well when they see his actions.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By K0UA:

Amen.  I can't remember when there has been a worse one.

Originally Posted By Brok3n:

This is the worst pope I can think of in decades..

Same, everyone around me says the same as well when they see his actions.

Yep. The fact that he was elected, doesn't speak well for the leadership of the church.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 6:06:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#39]
Armor aficionados, you know who you are.

The thread about the automatic loader and ammo isolation in the USSR tank design.
There is an opinion that the Soviet tank design, unlike the USA and Western Europe, relied on the automatic loader and the placement of non-insulated ammunition in it. But this is not quite true - the USSR tank building is a rather vast subject, where there were different directions of development, some of which became serial, and some remained forgotten projects.

The T-64 layout was successful for its time and surpassed the contemporaries M60, Leopard-1, AMX-30, Chieftain in terms of protection. In the next generation tanks, full ammunition isolation is realized only on the Abrams tank. On other projects 2/3 of the ammunition is not isolated.

The 1st attempt to create a tank with fully insulated ammunition was made in the early 1970s. This was a project known as the "Object 450" or T-74 (http://btvt.info/2futureprojects/450/450.htm), which was to replace the T-64.

Designer Morozov wrote:
One of the main, in our opinion, drawbacks of the existing "classic design" of the tank, which basically creates all the obstacles to further improvement of its tactical and technical performance, is the imperfection of its combat compartment layout. It resembles a very cramped one-room apartment or a soldier's duffel bag, in which the crew is crammed with weapons, ammunition, various mechanisms, rods, wires and other numerous devices and parts.

In addition, all this is moving, rotating, smoking, a source of noise and injuries, an explosion and fire hazard, creates separation of the crew, makes it difficult to evacuate them from the tank, does not provide elementary conditions for work, habitability and much more.

In the presented layout, the so-called combat compartment of the tank has been fundamentally changed by dividing it into separate, isolated from each other, independent compartments: fuel, ammunition, armament, crew compartment and support compartment.

Thus, if the layout of a modern tank of the "classical scheme" is essentially a tank with two separate compartments: the engine and transmission compartment and the combat compartment, the presented layout provides for five hermetically sealed compartments: the motor-transmission, the ammunition compartment, the crew compartment, the fuel compartment and the armament.

Such an isolated arrangement of the crew, ammunition, fuel and armament inside the tank made it possible to radically improve and redefine the crew habitability conditions.
The project was not implemented due to the lack of understanding on the part of the military and the fact that the design bureaus were busy with the production of tanks based on the T-64 modifications - the so-called clones - the T-72 and T-80.

(More at link)
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 6:12:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#40]

Hmm, I see.  Now I will be even more skeptical of his next death, even if it is legit. [img]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif[/img]
View All Quotes

[different]/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif[/img]

Hmm, I see.  Now I will be even more skeptical of his next death, even if it is legit. [img]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif[/img]

Ukrainian TG took it well.

If not today, then tomorrow, they are waiting.

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FsuPn4TXgAYJveh?format=jpg&name=large[/img]
https://t.me/The3rdForceUA/23790

WTF.

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 6:19:02 PM EDT
[#41]

“I don’t feel so goodski…”
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 6:26:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By METT-T:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By METT-T:

If those EW units put out any power at all, with the gain of those antennas that dude's brains are going to turn to tapioca pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 6:31:07 PM EDT
[#43]
New footage from Ukrainian Soldiers:

Production of Russian kamikaze drone "Geran". The factory in Tatarstan is working at full capacity

Successful combat work of the Ukrainian Air Force against the Russian control point:

“Not a single machine gun works. Everything is messed up. So, guys, it’s better not to go to the position, mow down as best you can.”
Posthumous video from the smartphone of the liquidated Russian occupier in Sinkovka, Kupyanskoe direction. His phone was found by soldiers of the 108th separate mountain assault battalion of the 10th OGSB "Edelweiss".

The Guardsmen destroyed 50 tanks, 80 units of armored vehicles and 106 artillery systems of the Russian Army:

Compilation of footage of the 3rd Assault Company of the 1st Assault Battalion of the Third Assault Brigade working in Avdiivka area:

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 7:00:11 PM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 7:03:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 7:04:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#46]
Currently.

Fast jet drones.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 7:26:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jaehaerys] [#47]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GIYT-mnXUAAVOKL?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GIYUAvMXAAA9sCm?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GIYVA4KWkAAXcZv?format=jpg&name=small

View Quote

I'm going to have to disagree a little bit here. Yes, it's good that the Russians haven't taken any operationally or strategically important territory in quite some time. However, that misses many large parts of the equation. One, Russian force generation is currently much larger than Ukrainian force generation. The Russians can't build new units and can only replace losses, but the Ukrainians are struggling to do even that. Additionally, the Ukrainian counter offensive in the south didn't even accomplish its minimalist objective, which was seizing Tokmak. That hurt public perception in the west to a noteworthy degree. When combined with massive Russian propaganda efforts in the west (I recently read that Russian bot/troll posts have been viewed 16 billion times by westerners since the start of the war), and the hollowed out nature of defense industries in many Western countries, the trajectory of Western aid has certainly been going in the wrong direction.

I'm not dooming and saying that the war is over and that the Russians have already won. That's certainly not the case. I don't think Russia can sustain the sort of losses it incurred to take Avdiivka. At the same time, Ukraine is about to get 800,000 more artillery shells (maybe a million, as I read that the Czechs had located an additional 200,000 somewhere). That will enable an increased rate of fires for a noteworthy amount of time. Spring mud season will also force the Russians to either slow down the rate of their attacks, or accept significantly higher losses due to assaulting in adverse conditions against higher fire rates. Ukraine is also finally taking concrete efforts to constructing defenses in depth, and is trying to do things to increase manpower, though I think civilian leadership is not doing an adequate job in that regard.

The point being, maps don't tell the entire story. Remember when Kharkiv essentially collapsed over night? Russia was suffering serious manpower issues, and had diverted units to defend Kherson. That wasn't apparent via maps, until it was.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 7:33:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:

I'm going to have to disagree a little bit here. Yes, it's good that the Russians haven't taken any operationally or strategically important territory in quite some time. However, that misses many large parts of the equation. One, Russian force generation is currently much larger than Ukrainian force generation. The Russians can't build new units and can only replace losses, but the Ukrainians are struggling to do even that. Additionally, the Ukrainian counter offensive in the south didn't even accomplish its minimalist objective, which was seizing Tokmak. That hurt public perception in the west to a noteworthy degree. When combined with massive Russian propaganda efforts in the west (I recently read that Russian bot/troll posts have been viewed 16 billion times by westerners since the start of the war), and the hollowed out nature of defense industries in many Western countries, the trajectory of Western aid has certainly been going in the wrong direction.

I'm not dooming and saying that the war is over and that the Russians have already won. That's certainly not the case. I don't think Russia can sustain the sort of losses it incurred to take Avdiivka. At the same time, Ukraine is about to get 800,000 more artillery shells (maybe a million, as I read that the Czechs had located an additional 200,000 somewhere). That will enable an increased rate of fires for a noteworthy amount of time. Spring mud season will also force the Russians to either slow down the rate of their attacks, or accept significantly higher losses due to assaulting in adverse conditions against higher fire rates. Ukraine is also finally taking concrete efforts to constructing defenses in depth, and is trying to do things to increase manpower, though I think civilian leadership is not doing an adequate job in that regard.

The point being, maps don't tell the entire story. Remember when Kharkiv essentially collapsed over night? Russia was suffering serious manpower issues, and had diverted units to defend Kherson. That wasn't apparent via maps, until it was.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GIYT-mnXUAAVOKL?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GIYUAvMXAAA9sCm?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GIYVA4KWkAAXcZv?format=jpg&name=small

Very well said.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 7:49:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Charging_Handle] [#49]
And who is to say the Ukrainians are really suffering from lack of manpower? I'm honestly not sure I buy this conclusion. Ukraine has actually stood up several new brigades since the counter-offensive fizzled. I don't think they could do this if they were having serious manpower issues. In fact, it seems like only a handful of Ukrainian units are heavily engaged at the moment. Think about it for a moment. We keep reading about the same units over and over in all the news stories. You can count them on one hand. What are the dozens of other brigades we never hear mentioned doing? And if Ukraine were really critically low on troops, then wouldn't the civilian leadership be doing something drastic to change that? So far they haven't even lowered the conscription age down to 25. It seems they aren't very concerned. I think a lot of the "Ukraine is running out of men" stuff is coming from the Putin bots who want to hurt Ukrainian morale and to make western partners lose faith that Ukraine can win.

Right now, I think the biggest issue facing Ukraine is a shortage of equipment and artillery ammunition. It seems to me they have far more men than they can actually equip. The west needs to keep a steady flow of ammo coming in and the donations of equipment can't just stop. They are going to need more tanks, IFVs, APCs, trucks, and so forth to replace combat loses and to outfit units that are presently poorly equipped.

All Russia has accomplished over the past 6 months is to take a medium size town that no longer exists, while losing 16,000 men and a division's worth of equipment to take it. They aren't making any gains elsewhere. I really don't get all the hand-wringing.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 7:51:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#50]

Magyar baiting the Russians again.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5480 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top