User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 2/17/2022 2:44:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ronnoc:
If there are Russian artillery attacks, surely someone has Tik-Tok video of it or IG?

Either way, hopefully Poland, Czech, Slovakia, Hungary, Baltic states, and Finland take serious notice and put some some real efforts into upgrading and expanding ground and air forces.  No way will France or Germany have your back, they can't anyway.  Biden regime, not a chance.  Maybe drop diversity training videos on them?
View Quote

There was video on Twitter a couple hours ago where you could hear rounds functioning in the distance. I haven't seen any with visuals of explosions, but I wouldn't want to be that close to them either.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 2:47:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Sonoran_Tj:

There was video on Twitter a couple hours ago where you could hear rounds functioning in the distance. I haven't seen any with visuals of explosions, but I wouldn't want to be that close to them either.
View Quote

This. If I'm close enough to record arty going boom, I'm too close.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 2:50:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BerettaGuy] [#3]
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 2:52:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 2:53:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 2:56:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BerettaGuy] [#6]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

You mean Russia isn't going to actually invade?

I'm guessing the shelling is to try and get The Ukraine to respond for an excuse to attack?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yes, I have said that many times in these threads. Russia will either stage a false flag and/or the "separatists" will provoke the Ukrainians to the point whereby not responding would cause Ukrainians to die. Then Russia will have an excuse to move in.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 2:56:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 2:58:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Depends on your definition of "win". I think Russia could have full air dominance, and their military would be able to get to anywhere.  They would have massive casualties to do so though.  Then they would still be dealing with constant guerilla warfare.  Think US in Iraq, but instead of dealing with mostly insurgents with a sub 90 IQ, you are dealing with locals who know how to read, write, speak your language, operate technical equipment, weapons, etc.  It would be a disaster for both sides.  A limited incursion into a few areas in the East with more friendly locals (some) would likely play out different.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 3:03:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Another EAM but I couldn’t hear shit. Was that just as bad for anyone else?
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 3:04:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GhostMog312] [#10]
Originally Posted By JCoop:
Not hearing anything on the website on 8992
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

8992 is clear broadcasting and I'm listening via shortwave radio with outdoor antenna.

They come and go, one’s currently happening now at same freq.

It came in semi garbled but I was able to hear most of it. At the very end the voice declared “message aborted” or did they say something else?
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 3:06:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Protolith] [#11]
Originally Posted By sveesix:
Another EAM but I couldn’t hear shit. Was that just as bad for anyone else?
View Quote

19:00Z EAM on 11175 kHz from Abortive B4HURB B4HURBFSYQLVWP3XFHAL3U

Same message as the first half at 18:30Z Abortive B4HURB B4HURBFSYQLVWP3XFHAL3U  B43UE7 B43UE74S6UM7U4VIVU6VDUPCXADQKZ
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 3:07:59 PM EDT
[#12]

If true, this isn't going away.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 3:08:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Protolith:

19:00Z EAM on 11175 kHz from Abortive B4HURB B4HURBFSYQLVWP3XFHAL3U

Same message as the first half at 18:30Z Abortive B4HURB B4HURBFSYQLVWP3XFHAL3U  B43UE7 B43UE74S6UM7U4VIVU6VDUPCXADQKZ
View Quote

You listening online?
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 3:10:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By GhostMog312:

They come and go, one’s currently happening now at same freq.

It came in semi garbled but I was able to hear most of it. At the very end the voice declared “message aborted” or did they say something else?
View Quote

Can someone translate what's happening to those of us who aren't HAM operators?
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 3:11:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By sveesix:

You listening online?
View Quote

Yeah http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 3:17:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: odiedodi] [#16]
Originally Posted By Trash_Panda:

Can someone translate what's happening to those of us who aren't HAM operators?
View Quote
Airforce puts out coded messages on that channel. That's basically it. People try to interpret things from the frequency of the messages being put out.
They routinely relay messages once or twice an hour fwiw.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 3:24:58 PM EDT
[#17]
View All Quotes

8992 is clear broadcasting and I'm listening via shortwave radio with outdoor antenna.

Just heard an odd transmission in the last minute. Not an EAM, but the guy verified another transmission as "loud and clear" - I didn't hear the other transmission.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 3:34:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BerettaGuy] [#18]
Originally Posted By Walleyeguy24:

Depends on your definition of "win". I think Russia could have full air dominance, and their military would be able to get to anywhere.  They would have massive casualties to do so though.  Then they would still be dealing with constant guerilla warfare.  Think US in Iraq, but instead of dealing with mostly insurgents with a sub 90 IQ, you are dealing with locals who know how to read, write, speak your language, operate technical equipment, weapons, etc.  It would be a disaster for both sides.  A limited incursion into a few areas in the East with more friendly locals (some) would likely play out different.
View All Quotes

I agree with all that you stated about air dominance and guerilla warfare. I do not agree with the assumption that eastern Ukraine has a lot of locals who are rooting for Russia.  "Russian speakers" does not mean Russian sympathizers or Russian ethnicity. Russia has suppressed the Ukrainian language especially in the east for hundreds of years. Look up Ukraine's national hero Taras Shevchenko - his lifelong fight was to preserve the Ukrainian language in the 1800s. (The Russian government persecuted him. They took him out of Ukraine and a house he lived in was destroyed under Putin's orders although the "story" is that it was sold to put in a parking lot- it was a historical site.) His picture appears on Ukrainian currency - language is a big deal in Ukraine although many still speak Russian and a mix of Russian/Ukrainian in many eastern and central areas due to Russian occupation.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 3:35:34 PM EDT
[#19]
It’s getting sporty.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 3:35:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
Airforce puts out coded messages on that channel. That's basically it. People try to interpret things from the frequency of the messages being put out.
View Quote

Boomers in need of excitement and trying to read a meaning into something that’s extremely unreadable.

Link Posted: 2/17/2022 3:37:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sveesix] [#21]
Originally Posted By binthere:

Boomers in need of excitement and trying to read a meaning into something that’s extremely unreadable.

View Quote

It’s the ARFCOM way
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 3:43:40 PM EDT
[#22]

I'm not a tank expert by any means but some people I knew who are told me many times that Poland's tank divisions would give Russia a big headache.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 20229mm:

Honestly, if something will make Putin blink, it’s this.

Poland has a very professional army and the numbers to make a big hurt on the commies.

I'm not a tank expert by any means but some people I knew who are told me many times that Poland's tank divisions would give Russia a big headache.

I would say that it would depend on who owns the skies.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 3:50:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:

Ah-ha! The plot thickens.

That's a pretty big mobile antenna (or something), anyone recognize it? I blew up those images and sharpened them a bit.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/546602/tabara-militara-suharau-botosani-17febru-2282752.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/546602/tabara-militara-suharau-botosani-17febru-2282753.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FLzxrZXUcAg_Msq?format=jpg&name=small

This is supposedly Siret, Romania, where the UH-60 mysteriously landed yesterday and picked up 4 individuals from the field. I guess they were some sort of survey team.

That's a pretty big mobile antenna (or something), anyone recognize it? I blew up those images and sharpened them a bit.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/546602/tabara-militara-suharau-botosani-17febru-2282752.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/546602/tabara-militara-suharau-botosani-17febru-2282753.JPG

are they Setting that up to funnel info to the Ukrainians?
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 3:51:15 PM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 2/17/2022 3:53:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BerettaGuy] [#25]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By odiedodi:

I think all of us "boomers" are very well aware that there is no way to interpret the messages. If you are into shortwave, it's a cool thing to tune into. When there are tense world events,  the broadcasts increase quite a bit. Its probably better for this thread not even to bring it up and save it for the HAM radio thread.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 3:56:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:

View All Quotes

This is supposedly Siret, Romania, where the UH-60 mysteriously landed yesterday and picked up 4 individuals from the field. I guess they were some sort of survey team.

I read a couple of weeks ago that the US would offer any satellite information to Ukraine. So, maybe info from this also.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:05:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mnd6563] [#27]
Originally Posted By evo7011:

View Quote

Is he talking about the Hyper Speed weapons or the Ludicrous Speed ones?
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:10:11 PM EDT
[#28]

I agree with all that you stated about air dominance and guerilla warfare. I do not agree with the assumption that eastern Ukraine has a lot of locals who are rooting for Russia.  "Russian speakers" does not mean Russian sympathizers or Russian ethnicity. Russia has suppressed the Ukrainian language especially in the east for hundreds of years. Look up Ukraine's national hero Taras Shevchenko - his lifelong fight was to preserve the Ukrainian language in the 1800s. (The Russian government persecuted him. They took him out of Ukraine and a house he lived in was destroyed under Putin's orders although the "story" is that it was sold to put in a parking lot- it was a historical site.) His picture appears on Ukrainian currency - language is a big deal in Ukraine although many still speak Russian and a mix of Russian/Ukrainian in many eastern and central areas due to Russian occupation.
View Quote

Oh, I don't disagree on your assessment at all. My understanding is that there is at least a decent amount of Russian loyalists in that area. Even at 10% it would be enough to have a general understanding of who is involved in the insurgency. They would have constant on the ground Intel. I still think that it would be a disaster even if that is all Putin goes for, but there MAY be enough loyalists to make it obtainable in the long run.  I'm guessing a large part of the population will move west.  Compared to Ukraine as a whole, it is a possible achievable goal. Whether the cost is worth it is up to Putin. I don't think there is really any scenario where the cost would be worth it to go for Kiev and Ukraine as a whole.

I am by no means an expert in this area. I'm just going off what I can learn from many sources.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:11:21 PM EDT
[#29]
ABORTIVE on 8992.

b 4 h u r b f s y q l v w p 3 x f h a l 3 u 3 d x g 2 o j b

The Chair is against the wall...
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:13:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:17:14 PM EDT
[#31]

Oh, I don't disagree on your assessment at all. My understanding is that there is at least a decent amount of Russian loyalists in that area. Even at 10% it would be enough to have a general understanding of who is involved in the insurgency. They would have constant on the ground Intel. I still think that it would be a disaster even if that is all Putin goes for, but there MAY be enough loyalists to make it obtainable in the long run.  I'm guessing a large part of the population will move west.  Compared to Ukraine as a whole, it is a possible achievable goal. Whether the cost is worth it is up to Putin. I don't think there is really any scenario where the cost would be worth it to go for Kiev and Ukraine as a whole.

I am by no means an expert in this area. I'm just going off what I can learn from many sources.
View All Quotes

I agree with much of what you just said.  And there have been Russian operatives posing as civilians placed in Ukraine since 2014, certainly before that as well. 10% can cause a lot of damage, 1% could for that matter as well especially if supported.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:24:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Charging_Handle] [#32]
More UK heavy forces deploying to Estonia to join those already there.

The UK troops deploying in response to Russia's military build-up

It is nice to see some NATO member state finally bring some damn armor, even if in a relatively small quantity. I watch our own civilian and military leaders deploying elements of the 82nd and 101st Airborne and shake my head. If you are going to fight or wish to deter a fight on the plains of Europe, you better bring armor. And the more the merrier. Light infantry is just a speed bump in that vicinity.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:29:08 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

Looks similar to AN/TPS-77 air surveillance radar. Pretty sure it's NOT that, but maybe something along those lines.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:29:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Another EAM going out now.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:35:20 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

Watch out!  Putin has super nukes!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:39:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By aswrg7:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/476-342.gif
View All Quotes

Because there's something worse than going nuclear....
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:41:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: t75fnaco3pwzhd] [#37]
another one just now:

ABORTIVE

B4NPGN
B4NPGN
B4NPGN
B4NPGNFJLJRQHILCTOT5H7MGLI3GQ4

B4HURB
B4HURB
B4HURB
B4HURBFSYQLVWP3XFHAL3U3DXG2OJB

Why do they repeat the start of each message 3 times before reading the message?
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:41:36 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

Super Nuclear Weapon sounds like a name for a Bad Dragon product.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:41:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thezentree] [#39]
lol can ABORTIVE read?

Unrelated, but interesting:

This RAF RC-135 ZZ665 looked like it was heading to Ukraine to replace the RC-135 that's been on station all day, just behind it in this picture (ZZ664), and suddenly just turned around and is heading back to the UK.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:44:48 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

Well, at least they're not capable of handling any of the super duper nuclear weapons.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:47:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By whollyshite:

Well, at least they're not capable of handling any of the super duper nuclear weapons.
View Quote

Plot twist, they have those also

Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:50:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Another EAM on 8992

What they need to send next:

F U C K U R O O S K I E
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:51:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By t75fnaco3pwzhd:
another one just now:

ABORTIVE

B4NPGN
B4NPGN
B4NPGN

B4HURB
B4HURB
B4HURB

Why do they repeat the start of each message 3 times before reading the message?
View Quote

First 6 characters are the authentication code, I guess they repeat them 3x so you can be sure to get them
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:52:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Ronnoc:
If there are Russian artillery attacks, surely someone has Tik-Tok video of it or IG?

Either way, hopefully Poland, Czech, Slovakia, Hungary, Baltic states, and Finland take serious notice and put some some real efforts into upgrading and expanding ground and air forces.  No way will France or Germany have your back, they can't anyway.  Biden regime, not a chance.  Maybe drop diversity training videos on them?
View Quote

I believe the artillery is on the front lines/border checkpoints, away from cities/people with tiktok. There are a few vids of people filming the sky with explosions and gun fire in the background from earlier this morning.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:52:51 PM EDT
[#45]

First 6 characters are the authentication code, I guess they repeat them 3x so you can be sure to get them
View All Quotes
another one just now:

ABORTIVE

B4NPGN
B4NPGN
B4NPGN

B4HURB
B4HURB
B4HURB

They sure have been sending out a lot of these in the last few hours I have been listening.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:53:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By whollyshite:
Another EAM on 8992

What they need to send next:

F U C K U R O O S K I E
View Quote

Skybird, this is Dropkick with a red dash alpha message in two parts. Break. Break. Stand by to verify.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:54:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Boedy:

They sure have been sending out a lot of these in the last few hours I have been listening.
View All Quotes
another one just now:

ABORTIVE

B4NPGN
B4NPGN
B4NPGN

B4HURB
B4HURB
B4HURB

Yeah, I've just been listening for < 30 minutes and I've heard 3 different ones so far
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:55:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Have we made any large naval movements besides the group in the med?
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 5:06:07 PM EDT
[#49]

Yeah, I've just been listening for < 30 minutes and I've heard 3 different ones so far
View Quote

He is at it again. Every hour and on the half as well. Seems much more active today.

Link Posted: 2/17/2022 5:09:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Protolith] [#50]

View Quote

My guess is that they send more as training to make sure the guys that have to receive and decode and act on the message are to do it efficiently.

They could also be go commands for various missions/exercises

Shit it may translate to "tonight's entree is Salisbury steak with cherry pie"
Page / 5591
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top