BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 557
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 12:20:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No arguments from me. Dallas laid a big ol' Texas-sized egg last weekend when there was literally no reason to...other than reputation. They should have outclassed Green Bay across the board, but didn't, and this isn't the first time it's happened (see comment about reputation).

That's why they should have a new coach right now.
View Quote

GB had a better game plan, and better execution.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 12:32:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Teams that have never won a Superbowl.
Arizona Cardinals
Atlanta Falcons
Buffalo Bills
Carolina Panthers
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns
Detroit Lions
Houston Texans
Jacksonville Jaguars
Los Angeles Chargers
Minnesota Vikings
Tennessee Titans

Teams that have never been to the Superbowl
Cleveland Browns
Detroit Lions
Jacksonville Jaguars
Houston Texans

Teams from the above lists still in the playoffs. (Divisional rounds)
Lions - Never been to SB (Play Buccaneers - have won SB)
Texans - Never been to SB (Play Ravens - have won SB)
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 12:34:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No arguments from me. Dallas laid a big ol' Texas-sized egg last weekend when there was literally no reason to...other than reputation. They should have outclassed Green Bay across the board, but didn't, and this isn't the first time it's happened (see comment about reputation).

That's why they should have a new coach right now.

And they wanted to win.  My take: all too often, the Cowboys go into a game thinking there's no way they can lose so they play half-ass and get taken to the cleaners.  It's like they're convinced they have the talent to beat anyone in the NFL and it just doesn't work that way in professional football.

Time and time again, a game is determined by which team wants it the most.  The Packers wanted it and they showed up ready to prove a point.  The Cowboys showed up like it was going to be an easy win and they just had to go through the motions for 4 quarters to get to the next one.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 12:58:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
honestly, yall had me worried. I've been pleasantly surprised,  the one big thing yall mentioned was time management and boy yall were not kidding.  

I thought we were going to just suck, but he is a decent coach.   Jerry just needs to hire someone to manage the fucking clock for him.  

It's hard to win one Super Bowl, it's even harder to win another.   I don't know if he will eventually get over the hump with Dallas, but I do know this:

We need a hard ass coach like JJ or Tuna, but those type of coaches do not want to humor Jerry's delusion about winning his way.   I don't believe there is a better coach than McCarthy who would take the Cowboys job.   I don't think Jerry wants to try someone who has no head coaching experience, he's in win now mode, so that would rule out taking a chance on one of the young coaches waiting on their shot.

Would I have liked him to test the waters?  Sure, but then if that doesn't work out, McCarthy is a lame duck.  I understand giving him one more year.   I'm not expecting anything different next year, but that has jack and shit to do with McCarthy or Dak. Jerry Jones isn't dead yet.   We aint winning shit till he shuffles off this mortal coil.

The biggest thing Dallas lacks is discipline.   Its hard to enforce discipline as a coach when you know he isn't the final word.  I don't know if McCarthy has the leadership ability to do that, but it wouldn't matter if he did.  As long as Jerry hired yes men, they will have discipline problems imo.
View Quote
This is a pretty accurate take.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 1:33:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If they are playing 2 or 3 teams in their division with losing records twice each season it sure makes both look better.
View Quote
no shit, it's how the Patriots walked into the playoffs every year.  

You play the competition in front of you.   Remember this conversation if they get 12 wins AGAIN.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 1:40:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You play the competition in front of you.   Remember this conversation if they get 12 wins AGAIN.
View Quote

Exactly. Prepare a game plan. Know your role, and execute it. It did not appear that dallas was ready in this regard.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 2:02:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

And?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm finding it funny how so many in this thread complained about all the Cowboys talk and seemed relieved when they lost because there'd be "no more Cowboys talk", but here we are still talking about the 'boys.

I hope KC gets smoked by the Bills and we can return to talking about football instead of NFL marketing conspiracies and the Cowboys debate.

McCarthy was a long term coach in GB, got a ring, and has a street named after him in GB itself. Lots of GB and Cowboys fans in here relative to other teams so its only natural.

GB fans tried to 'warn' Dallas fans of what to expect with him and so far I think we've been proven mostly correct.

After you get done patting yourself on the back, you might be surprised to learn what the Packers' playoff record was WITH McCarthy versus what it is AFTER McCarthy.

Spoiler:

Click To View Spoiler

And?

Link Posted: 1/19/2024 2:14:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

That was pretty damn funny when Alex Smith went on that mini-rant about how Brady and Belichick had the easiest path to the division titles in modern NFL history all while he was sitting next to Tedy Bruschi and Rex Ryan.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 2:58:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Attachment Attached File

I didn’t watch the video so I have no idea what Dan Orlovsky’s advice for Jordan Love is, but, whatever he said…

Link Posted: 1/19/2024 5:14:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Arizona Cardinals
Atlanta Falcons
Buffalo Bills
Carolina Panthers
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns
Detroit Lions
Houston Texans
Jacksonville Jaguars
Los Angeles Chargers
Minnesota Vikings
Tennessee Titans

Cleveland Browns
Detroit Lions
Jacksonville Jaguars
Houston Texans

View Quote

Hmmm, F the Cowboys.....maybe cheer on the Texans.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 6:47:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That was pretty damn funny when Alex Smith went on that mini-rant about how Brady and Belichick had the easiest path to the division titles in modern NFL history all while he was sitting next to Tedy Bruschi and Rex Ryan.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lmao

Tedy Bruschi Interception vs Miami 2003 - Week 14
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 7:03:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I was not excited when McCarthy got hired but I hoped for a better result than Garrett's reign.  It's mostly been more of the same.  The team lacked discipline under Garrett and they still do.
View Quote

Wonder what stayed the same? Wonder why changing coaches for 29 years, every one of them smart, nice guys. Same result. Wish I could put my finger on it...
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 7:21:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Got an interesting question (at least to me, anyway): which half of the NE dynasty was better, the first half (2001-2011) or the second half (2012-2019)?

A secondary question is which Super Bowl winning Patriots team was the best one?

I'm going to say the second half of the dynasty was better, mostly due to there being more relatively weak playoff performances in the first half vs. the second. The '09 and '10 teams were "one and done" and there was seemingly no excuse for it.

As far as the "best" championship team, I think the three best are '03, '04, and '14, with the latter being the best of them. That defense was pretty stout and the offense was loaded. Besides, 2014 Tom Brady was quite a bit better than 2004 Tom Brady.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 8:07:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 9:15:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Got an interesting question (at least to me, anyway): which half of the NE dynasty was better, the first half (2001-2011) or the second half (2012-2019)?

A secondary question is which Super Bowl winning Patriots team was the best one?

I'm going to say the second half of the dynasty was better, mostly due to there being more relatively weak playoff performances in the first half vs. the second. The '09 and '10 teams were "one and done" and there was seemingly no excuse for it.

As far as the "best" championship team, I think the three best are '03, '04, and '14, with the latter being the best of them. That defense was pretty stout and the offense was loaded. Besides, 2014 Tom Brady was quite a bit better than 2004 Tom Brady.
View Quote

The 2nd half was better. They played in every AFC Championship from the 2012 season to the 2018 season. Plus it has the greatest comeback in Superbowl history. Best championship team was likely one of the first 3 championships but I was not watching back then.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 9:52:59 AM EDT
[#16]

That’s dumb.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 10:19:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/IMG_5390_jpeg-3099329.JPG

I didn’t watch the video so I have no idea what Dan Orlovsky’s advice for Jordan Love is, but, whatever he said…

https://64.media.tumblr.com/eb3290c4a8741e6c92093451aef6e5cd/tumblr_nczx8fZoCL1txg3bto2_250.gifv
View Quote

'
He was a career backup QB who thinks he is an expert. Sure didn't play that way.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 10:29:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

'
He was a career backup QB who thinks he is an expert. Sure didn't play that way.
View Quote

He also ran out of the back of the end zone for a safety while authoring the Lions 0-16 season that led to them drafting Matt Stafford

Dan Orlovsky is a low IQ twat that only got an ESPN “analyst” job because he had “NFL QB” on his resume

If I was Steve Levy and/or Louis Riddick, I would’ve thrown his ass out of the press box during the Steelers/Ravens game when during a driving rain storm, Orlovsky insisted on EVERY SINGLE FUCKING PLAY that the Steelers NEEDED to get the ball to George Pickens. Never mind the fact that he was double covered the entire game, and it was pouring rain

Fuck Dan Orlovsky
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 10:53:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Amy Trask made a comment that there are 8 quarterbacks in the divisional round (she did the math all by herself)  7 of em are great and then there's Brock Purdy whos merely good.

Now... this is the SAME gal who was CEO of the Raiders from 1997 to 2013.  Who have a.... less than sterling record.

And now she's super pissed because people are calling her out on her wildly retarded take and is saying things like WHAT DOES IT MATTER WHAT I THINK.

Normally I wouldn't care but holy shit girl, you have a podcast that is linked to the Rich Eisen Show which has well thought out reasonable takes  and takes their lumps when they get wrong and his WIFE is your cohost and you're just going to drop this nuclearly bad take exposing yourself as a moron and doubling down and lashing out when people call you out on it

No wonder the Raiders sucked for so long.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 10:58:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Amy Trask made a comment that there are 8 quarterbacks in the divisional round (she did the math all by herself)  7 of em are great and then there's Brock Purdy whos merely good.

Now... this is the SAME gal who was CEO of the Raiders from 1997 to 2013.  Who have a.... less than sterling record.

And now she's super pissed because people are calling her out on her wildly retarded take and is saying things like WHAT DOES IT MATTER WHAT I THINK.

Normally I wouldn't care but holy shit girl, you have a podcast that is linked to the Rich Eisen Show which has well thought out reasonable takes  and takes their lumps when they get wrong and his WIFE is your cohost and you're just going to drop this nuclearly bad take exposing yourself as a moron and doubling down and lashing out when people call you out on it

View Quote

Her take on Purdy is bad, and that's a fun theory, but it's been another 10 years, and the Raiders still suck...

Link Posted: 1/19/2024 11:00:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Her take on Purdy is bad, and that's a fun theory, but it's been another 10 years, and the Raiders still suck...

https://imageproxyb.ifunny.co/crop:x-20,resize:640x,quality:90x75/images/208333ad0f67d7673c7c3d4f755b8a46a2b6ec99a1d719c2b1a97226120a6f53_1.jpg
View Quote

Do we have any Raiders fans here?
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 11:14:42 AM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUHoscE-hW8

It wasn’t Tedy Bruschi’s reaction so much as it was Rex Ryan’s reaction.  I honestly think Alex Smith forgot that Rex Ryan coached the Jets during the period he said the Patriots had an easier path to winning division titles than any team in the modern era.

I never found Tedy Bruschi entertaining as a “commentator”……. outside of his coked up meltdown towards the end of the Patriots 18-1 season.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 11:21:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Speaking of “sucking,” she started interning for the Raiders in her early 20s and she later became CEO of the Raiders in her mid 30s.

How much you want to bet at some point she was blowing Al Davis?
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 11:44:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Rich Eisen? Didn't he die of Covid19 vaccine overdose?
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 11:46:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

He also ran out of the back of the end zone for a safety while authoring the Lions 0-16 season that led to them drafting Matt Stafford

Dan Orlovsky is a low IQ twat that only got an ESPN “analyst” job because he had “NFL QB” on his resume

If I was Steve Levy and/or Louis Riddick, I would’ve thrown his ass out of the press box during the Steelers/Ravens game when during a driving rain storm, Orlovsky insisted on EVERY SINGLE FUCKING PLAY that the Steelers NEEDED to get the ball to George Pickens. Never mind the fact that he was double covered the entire game, and it was pouring rain

Fuck Dan Orlovsky
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

'

Fuck Dan Orlovsky

Speaking of which...

Link Posted: 1/19/2024 12:09:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

No more BOB at New England.
View Quote
Just sitting here waiting to hear who the new GM, OC and DC are going to be before I head into a padded room for a while.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 12:19:52 PM EDT
[#27]
From the same guy who said, "If Mac Jones was in San Francisco, he'd be playing like Brock Purdy."
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 12:27:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Just sitting here waiting to hear who the new GM, OC and DC are going to be before I head into a padded room for a while.
View Quote

GM - Bill Bellicheck
OC - Josh McDanields
DC - Matt Patricia
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 12:28:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Let's fix it for him.

1. Mahomes
2. Allen
3. Groot
4. Purdy
5. Stroud
6. Love
7. Goff
8. Mayfield
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 12:49:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Arizona Cardinals
Atlanta Falcons
Buffalo Bills
Carolina Panthers
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns
Detroit Lions
Houston Texans
Jacksonville Jaguars
Los Angeles Chargers
Minnesota Vikings
Tennessee Titans

Cleveland Browns
Detroit Lions
Jacksonville Jaguars
Houston Texans

View Quote

You forgot the Bills in your last list
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 1:32:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

GM - Bill Bellicheck
OC - Josh McDanields
DC - Matt Patricia
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

GM - Bill Bellicheck
OC - Josh McDanields
DC - Matt Patricia

We could take Josh back, but I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up wherever Bill ends up.

The lack of Pats news on the staffing front is a bit annoying.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 1:38:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

We could take Josh back, but I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up wherever Bill ends up.
The lack of Pats news on the staffing front is a bit annoying.
View Quote
Zero requests for GM interviews.

They are interviewing the Broncos DBs Coach (Christian Parker) for the DC position today. He would become one of the youngest DCs in the NFL if hired (32).
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 1:46:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Hmmm, F the Cowboys.....maybe cheer on the Texans.
View Quote

for the rest of this season, I'm torn between the Bills and the Texans.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 1:48:16 PM EDT
[#34]
The vast majority of sports talk guys that say stupid shit, do so simply for clicks, ratings, etc. They don’t actually believe the dumb shit they say.

Dan Orlovsky, IMO, is NOT one of them.  I think he actually believes the dumbass shit he says.  To make it even funnier, he thinks he’s highly insightful.  He will post idiotic things on Twitter, get crucified for it, and then quickly delete it.  If he was attention-whoring hot takes, he wouldn’t delete them shortly after posting them.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 2:01:06 PM EDT
[#35]
I am still a very sad Cowboys fan but the Eagles losing has to be some feel good medicine right, right?

On a different note, Big Mike's press conference where he talks about Dan Quinn had the same tone as his press conference did about Kellen Moore. DQ may not be welcome back even if he doesn't take a head coach job.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 2:02:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

for the rest of this season, I'm torn between the Bills and the Texans.
View Quote

Go watch the 30 for 30: Four Falls of Buffalo.

You won’t be torn anymore.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 2:05:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Terry Fontenot was on the list of people to be in attendance for his next round of interviews. Makes it look like Terry is going to get to keep his job and Bill is going to have to come in strictly as the Head Coach... Or... They have Terry interviewing his replacement.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 2:05:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I am still a very sad Cowboys fan but the Eagles losing has to be some feel good medicine right, right?

On a different note, Big Mike's press conference where he talks about Dan Quinn had the same tone as his press conference did about Kellen Moore. DQ may not be welcome back even if he doesn't take a head coach job.
View Quote

It’s amazing how in just one week the prospect of Dan Quinn leaving went from “damn, that sucks” to “well….bye.”
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 2:10:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

After you get done patting yourself on the back, you might be surprised to learn what the Packers’ playoff record was WITH McCarthy versus what it is AFTER McCarthy.

Spoiler:

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm finding it funny how so many in this thread complained about all the Cowboys talk and seemed relieved when they lost because there'd be "no more Cowboys talk", but here we are still talking about the 'boys.

I hope KC gets smoked by the Bills and we can return to talking about football instead of NFL marketing conspiracies and the Cowboys debate.

McCarthy was a long term coach in GB, got a ring, and has a street named after him in GB itself. Lots of GB and Cowboys fans in here relative to other teams so its only natural.

GB fans tried to 'warn' Dallas fans of what to expect with him and so far I think we've been proven mostly correct.

After you get done patting yourself on the back, you might be surprised to learn what the Packers’ playoff record was WITH McCarthy versus what it is AFTER McCarthy.

Spoiler:

Click To View Spoiler

This is pretty funny for you to repeat when Jason Garrett has a better playoff record with the Boys than Mike McCarthy does…
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 2:16:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

This is pretty funny for you to repeat when Jason Garrett has a better playoff record with the Boys than Mike McCarthy does…
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spoiler:

Click To View Spoiler

That would be relevant if I made post after post trashing Garrett as HEAD COACH*.  I don’t, so it’s not.

*Trashing Garrett for his BROADCAST CAREER doesn’t count.

Link Posted: 1/19/2024 2:29:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

That would be relevant if I made post after post trashing Garrett as HEAD COACH*.  I don’t, so it’s not.

https://media1.tenor.com/m/4W8hQlfLPfQAAAAC/jason-garrett-smile.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spoiler:

Click To View Spoiler

Are you claiming you’ve never made your feelings on Garrett known to this thread?

Link Posted: 1/19/2024 2:41:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Are you claiming you’ve never made your feelings on Garrett known to this thread?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spoiler:

Click To View Spoiler

I’ve made fun of his clapping, but that’s about it. I never made post after post trashing him as HC and I damn sure didn’t make post after post trashing him as a HC years after he had already left.

And, as previously stated, that’s for coaching.  NOT his broadcast career.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 2:45:26 PM EDT
[#43]
The remaining QBs:
Baker Mayfield (1st Overall 2018)
Jared Goff (1st Overall 2016)
CJ Stroud (2nd Overall 2023)
Josh Allen (7th Overall 2018)
Pat Mahomes (10th Overall 2017)
Jordan Love (26th Overall 2020)
Lamar Jackson (32nd Overall 2018)
Brock Purdy (262nd Overall 2022)

Brock Purdy ruining the perfect 1st round sweep. 7 of 8.

Brady fucked it up for 20 out of his 23 years (rookie year he didn't play, missed it in 02, injured in 08), makes me wonder when the last time (if ever) the divisional round ONLY had 1st round pick quarterbacks remaining.

No go in 2008, 6/8. Kurt Warner and Jake Delhomme fucked it up.
No go in 2002, 5/8. Jeff Garcia, Brad Johnson, Rich Gannon.
No go in 2000, 1999, 1998, 1997, 1996, 1995, 1994 or 1993.

So at least in the last 30+ years we have not seen a divisional round of only 1st rounders.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 2:49:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The remaining QBs:

Brady fucked it up for 20 out of his 23 years (rookie year he didn't play, missed it in 02, injured in 08), makes me wonder when the last time (if ever) the divisional round ONLY had 1st round pick quarterbacks remaining.

So at least in the last 30+ years we have not seen a divisional round of only 1st rounders.
View Quote

I feel pretty confident in saying the majority of Purdy “hate” would disappear if he had been drafted in the top 10 overall instead of 262nd.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 2:55:17 PM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 1/19/2024 2:59:39 PM EDT
[#46]

“Jason”?

I’m guessing he’s a nobody trying the pathetic “make absurd hot takes to get attention” strategy.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 3:04:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Jason McIntyre. FOX Sports gambling analyst.

Looks like he has done sports blogging/podcasts since 2006. Journalism degree. Ran his own sports news company (sold it), worked for ESPN, CBS Sports, USA Today, etc. Joined FOX in 2015.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 3:12:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I feel pretty confident in saying the majority of Purdy “hate” would disappear if he had been drafted in the top 10 overall instead of 262nd.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The remaining QBs:

Yes.

I think I'd also be willing to go out on a limb and say the idea that Brock Purdy is real and that SF is really getting that kind of play from a pudgy white bread guy drafted in the 7th round is probably triggering a whole bunch of Tom Brady PTSD.

They're not ready to spend the next however many seasons looking at the top of stat leaderboards and seeing this guy:

Link Posted: 1/19/2024 3:17:16 PM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 1/19/2024 3:24:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

I liked the second half bc I feel Brady really came more into his own and was a better QB. That’s not by numbers or any standard other than my eyes.

I feel the best team was probably the one that beat the rams. Again, not by numbers, but that defense was insane and while Brady had a good year, he just had to manage that game with Jules.

My favorite SB win of theirs was against the Seahawks, which you could also argue was their best team, but imho that was the best game/sb they won.
Page / 557
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top