Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 104
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 5:20:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I wonder what GD will do when TB let us leave and turn into a quasi country on the world stage.

I'm guessing still waiting for the bloodbath?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you all really think that if the airport turned into a stack of US bodies and destroyed planes that we would just turn tail and run?  Even the most ardent lib would be calling for blood.  I highly doubt that it would happen anyway.  It is not in the TB favor to cause us discomfort while we are leaving.  Nothing good would come of it for them.

I wonder what GD will do when TB let us leave and turn into a quasi country on the world stage.

I'm guessing still waiting for the bloodbath?

Do “quasi countries on the world stage” usually have a wanted terrorist with a $5 mil bounty on his head as a #2 in command?
Yes, it’s totally pearl clutching and crazy talk to think maybe they’ll end up killing Americans. Real conspiracy type stuff to make that leap.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 5:31:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Do “quasi countries on the world stage” usually have a wanted terrorist with a $5 mil bounty in his head as a #2 in command?
Yes, it’s totally pearl clutching and crazy talk to think maybe they’ll end up killing Americans. Real conspiracy type stuff to make that leap.
View Quote

When the United States government tells one of its allies to set a  terrorist free so that it can negotiate the surrender of a third country to him I rather think it grants a certain level of legitimacy to the new,or re-formed if you will, terrorist administration of the quasi country.

Link Posted: 8/25/2021 5:32:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
"I expect the Taliban will be somewhat strapped for money. Running a country like Afghanistan is expensive, in particular because the vast majority of the population lives below the poverty line. And so foreign aid had been paying... I believe upwards of 70% of the government budget. So that's going to dry up,"

ndeed, the Taliban has long been a major player in the world's drug trade. An astonishing 83% of the global opium production  a virtual monopoly  was estimated to come from Afghanistan between 2015 and 2020, according to the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC).

Furthermore, the U.N. Security Council estimated that the Taliban's annual combined revenues are as much as $1.6 billion a year, according a report this past June. Roughly $460 million of those revenues are said to come from taxes on the sale of heroin moving throughout Taliban territories alone.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/taliban-finances-come-under-spotlight
View Quote
To be fair the last time the ran the entire place, they banned heroin production and it cratered in 2000.  Admittedly, I think they cracked down on heroin and boy-rape just to screw over other warlords, not for purely good reasons.  We sort of undid that in 2001.

Now, I think they're very evil assholes, but on the other hand, the chicoms don't really like opium cultivation much and the chicoms can and already provide opioid precursors to fill the international market.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 5:35:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Nice PR stunt of MX to pick up the AFG robotics team. Those girls are smart, I wish them well. And I worry what happens in Mexico City to people who don't speak the language.
View Quote

There are quite a few Arab Mexicans. I mean,if there weren’t any then tacos al pastor would not exist. While Afghans aren’t Arabs it doesn’t mean they won’t also find a niche and well any wandering Taliban who want to join a cartel as gunmen could probably find work fairly easily
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 5:38:57 PM EDT
[#5]
British nationals in Afghanistan are being urged to stay away from Kabul airport amid a growing terrorism threat and a "volatile" security situation. Anyone in the area of the airport has been told to "move away to a safe location and await further advice".

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-58337632
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 5:42:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Fleeing Afghans should try to get to border, says UK defence secretary
Ben Wallace signals few places remain on UK rescue flights as fears of attack grow and deadline looms.

Afghans who want to flee to Britain may be better off “trying to get to the border” than awaiting RAF evacuation, the defence secretary has said as British troops made last-ditch attempts to airlift at least 1,500 remaining interpreters and others who have supported the UK.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/25/fleeing-afghans-should-try-to-get-to-border-says-uk-defence-secretary
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 5:43:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Fleeing Afghans should try to get to border, says UK defence secretary
Ben Wallace signals few places remain on UK rescue flights as fears of attack grow and deadline looms.

Afghans who want to flee to Britain may be better off “trying to get to the border” than awaiting RAF evacuation, the defence secretary has said as British troops made last-ditch attempts to airlift at least 1,500 remaining interpreters and others who have supported the UK.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/25/fleeing-afghans-should-try-to-get-to-border-says-uk-defence-secretary
View Quote

Hate to see that . News like this will make the airport situation even worse in the next 48 hours too.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 6:43:36 PM EDT
[#8]
https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/israeli-leader-meets-with-biden-as-mideast-tensions-grow-1.5560374

I would like to hear what the Israeli PM is saying to them.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 6:46:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Operation Hopes It Works Out

and a Democrat doesn't mean for anyone caught in Afghanistan.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The operation looks like it's concluding.

Yep..sounds like it..blows my mind we are doing this

We need to name the operation before Biden does.

Operation "Wing and a Prayer"?
Operation "do the best you can"
Operation "they won't pin this on me"
Operation Hopes It Works Out

and a Democrat doesn't mean for anyone caught in Afghanistan.

Operation Banana Split
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 6:49:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Unfortunately due to the CinC being a barely functioning potato, a reliable way to communicate policy over all the crosstalk within the admin is to release it in the media.

IMO the incompetence comes down to WH cabinet staff trying to direct Resident Potato to sign on to a direction with his authority, but he keeps screwing it up in his speeches and isn't actually mentally fit to make decisions or even communicate a cohesive policy. So now DoS and DoD are sailing their own huge bureaucracies in different directions with no guidance from the boss since there is no way the SECDEF or SECSTATE is going to get orders from WH staff interns.

TLDR: I guess you could say that the problem in the Regime is that the King is weak and the Dukes are looking after their own fiefdoms based on their own agendas because a Duke doesn't take orders from the King's courtiers who all have their own agenda and no accountability.

View Quote
That is quite a thing to ponder.  I know Pres Potato is hobbled but I was hoping not the the extent that you suggest.

Psaki seemed to defer a lot to DoS and DoD during the press conference.  The Potato must just wince and look annoyed when they ask him to make decisions.  I'm guessing they're all "chocolate chocolate chip".
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 6:51:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yep. But the Taliban would love to wipe out the American military's elite units. That's going to require an assault. Tally SOP is to blow an opening with a VBIED and rush in.
View Quote
If the runway is rendered useless, targets in airport can be attacked without a timetable and at will, in detail.

One of my concerns is a false flag sponsored by foreign actors state sponsored or otherwise beyond T's control.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 6:52:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 7:09:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

On the contrary. There is a deep well of contempt for this country in the minds of far too many.

This is no longer the America it was even just a decade ago.

Fundamental Transformation? We're seeing it happen.

View Quote

At this point I'm watching these events on foreign soil with an analytical perspective. If we got hit at the airport I wouldn't be rushing my boys to the military recruiter, for example. My oldest nearly joined the Marines late last year, I suggested he wait and see how the election played out.

When Islamic terrorists hit one of our blue cities again, I'll continue watching. No rally around the flag like before.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 7:37:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/israeli-leader-meets-with-biden-as-mideast-tensions-grow-1.5560374

I would like to hear what the Israeli PM is saying to them.
View Quote

"Since Afghanistan isn't cooperating, maybe spend that money on Israel?"
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 7:55:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 8/25/2021 7:55:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 8/25/2021 7:56:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 8:15:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 8:47:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Some heavier weapons of the resistance forces.

Notice the terrain

ZU-23-2 AA, PK pattern GPMG, Mosin-Nagant (likely M91/30), DShK, AKM pattern rifles, 107mm Type 63 MLRS and RPG-7 Launcher with OGi-7MA rocket.

Link Posted: 8/25/2021 8:51:14 PM EDT
[#20]

Süddeutsche Zeitung writes (Google translation):

Special forces of the Bundeswehr took German citizens out of Kabul for the first time with helicopters. According to information from the Süddeutsche Zeitung , soldiers from the Special Forces Command (KSK) and the Americans rescued more than a dozen citizens fleeing the militant Islamist Taliban in a secret operation on Wednesday night.

According to Bundeswehr circles, the two Bundeswehr helicopters that were relocated to Kabul specifically for such purposes last Saturday were not used. The operation was carried out with the equally maneuverable Little Bird helicopters of the Americans.

Such operations are not possible without close cooperation with the United States. The US military controls the airspace.

There had been speculation about such operations for days. The soldiers on-site, led by Brigadier General Jens Arlt, had so far only operated from the ground. Using the German helicopters was initially considered too risky. It was also said that there was no release for use. In addition, the special forces initially concentrated on the vicinity of Kabul airport in order to rescue those in need of protection. According to information from the Süddeutsche Zeitung, the operation last night was the fourth KSK operation. It all started with the rescue of an Afghan family from Munich.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 8:51:50 PM EDT
[#21]
What is that pancake hat they're wearing?  Those guys are the only ones I've ever seen fighting.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 8:54:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Special forces of the Bundeswehr took German citizens out of Kabul for the first time with helicopters. According to information from the Süddeutsche Zeitung , soldiers from the Special Forces Command (KSK) and the Americans rescued more than a dozen citizens fleeing the militant Islamist Taliban in a secret operation on Wednesday night.

According to Bundeswehr circles, the two Bundeswehr helicopters that were relocated to Kabul specifically for such purposes last Saturday were not used. The operation was carried out with the equally maneuverable Little Bird helicopters of the Americans.

Such operations are not possible without close cooperation with the United States. The US military controls the airspace.

There had been speculation about such operations for days. The soldiers on-site, led by Brigadier General Jens Arlt, had so far only operated from the ground. Using the German helicopters was initially considered too risky. It was also said that there was no release for use. In addition, the special forces initially concentrated on the vicinity of Kabul airport in order to rescue those in need of protection. According to information from the Süddeutsche Zeitung, the operation last night was the fourth KSK operation. It all started with the rescue of an Afghan family from Munich.
View Quote

Interesting, I wonder if the German helicopters were left behind due to a lack of countermeasures.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 8:57:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Operation "If you want to leave"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Operation "didn't happen"

Operation "If you want to leave"
Operation Collateral Damage
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 8:59:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Interesting, I wonder if the German helicopters were left behind due to a lack of countermeasures.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On my iPad, or I would have copied the entire article. Tyler mentioned it was the 160th’s familiarity with Kabul.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 9:01:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 9:04:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
What is that pancake hat they're wearing?  Those guys are the only ones I've ever seen fighting.
View Quote

Pakol.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 9:10:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The operation looks like it's concluding.

Yep..sounds like it..blows my mind we are doing this

"Here I go again on my own"
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 9:52:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 9:57:15 PM EDT
[#29]
AP-The number of U.S. troops at the airport has dropped by about 400, to 5,400, but the final withdrawal has not begun, Kirby said Wednesday.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 10:08:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 10:12:29 PM EDT
[#31]
My buddy was saying that there were some UC San Diego students trapped in Afghan, has anyone seen anything about that?
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 10:25:41 PM EDT
[#32]
"Kabul is a food security timebomb with maybe a week on the clock.  Hundreds of thousands of IDP in a city where you can't buy food and the economy is going to completely collapse unless the US starts airdropping dollars to save the exchange rate. Not to mention the TB may have to pull any remaining food supplies they can steal for their line at Panjshir. There's an even chance the city burns. The prevailing drought has also caused a major impact in the baseline of food available, WFP says 40% less food production than normal in crops and livestock."
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 10:26:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My buddy was saying that there were some UC San Diego students trapped in Afghan, has anyone seen anything about that?
View Quote

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Dozens-of-California-students-parents-stranded-in-Afghanistan-after-summer-trip-abroad/5-2481761/
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 10:29:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

That may be referring to Afghan SIV families living in the US that went back to Afghanistan over the summer to visit relatives.  They are from El Cajon, which is in San Diego.  A cursory look at the headlines makes it appear a group of school kids went on a field trip to Afghanistan and are stuck.  That’s not entirely true.

Also, I just looked at headlines and it appears they made it back to the US, or at least some did.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 10:31:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 10:39:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 11:13:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Less than an hour ago.

Link Posted: 8/25/2021 11:37:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

When the United States government tells one of its allies to set a  terrorist free so that it can negotiate the surrender of a third country to him I rather think it grants a certain level of legitimacy to the new,or re-formed if you will, terrorist administration of the quasi country.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do “quasi countries on the world stage” usually have a wanted terrorist with a $5 mil bounty in his head as a #2 in command?

Good point. It’s an upside down world apparently and I haven’t been able to  wrap my head around any of it.

Link Posted: 8/26/2021 1:05:23 AM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 8/26/2021 1:18:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
"Kabul is a food security timebomb with maybe a week on the clock.  Hundreds of thousands of IDP in a city where you can't buy food and the economy is going to completely collapse unless the US starts airdropping dollars to save the exchange rate. Not to mention the TB may have to pull any remaining food supplies they can steal for their line at Panjshir. There's an even chance the city burns. The prevailing drought has also caused a major impact in the baseline of food available, WFP says 40% less food production than normal in crops and livestock."
View Quote

It keeps coming back to that Onion article about ‘more fun to takeover a city than running it’
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 3:15:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Afghanistan Intel Update: 25/26 August 2021
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 6:17:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

my guess is they packed them up since they are leaving today

Link Posted: 8/26/2021 6:58:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Do you all really think that if the airport turned into a stack of US bodies and destroyed planes that we would just turn tail and run?  Even the most ardent lib would be calling for blood.  I highly doubt that it would happen anyway.  It is not in the TB favor to cause us discomfort while we are leaving.  Nothing good would come of it for them.
View Quote

You need to change your way of thinking.  The US is being weakened and setup from within to go out with a whimper.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 7:21:57 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do "quasi countries on the world stage" usually have a wanted terrorist with a $5 mil bounty in his head as a #2 in command?
Yes, it's totally pearl clutching and crazy talk to think maybe they'll end up killing Americans. Real conspiracy type stuff to make that leap.

<Tinfoil hat>

Do you think they we set free is a Manchurian candidate?
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 8:24:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Evacuation flights out of Kabul beginning to slow down. 13,400 people yesterday, 6,000 fewer than day before. Over 95,000 people evacuated since Aug. 14: Pentagon
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 8:24:42 AM EDT
[#46]
2021-08-26 13:57
++ #Afghanistan: shooting against Italian C-130 taken off from Kabul ++
No damage
ROME
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 8:30:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 8:36:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I know, I got no problem with that, the post I replied to had a political cartoon of someone mopping up AFG.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MOP is a penetrator weapon for going after the underground hidey holes.  However, it does leave an enormous crater after blowing the crap out of whatever is in the way on the surface.

I know, I got no problem with that, the post I replied to had a political cartoon of someone mopping up AFG.

Lol, they aren’t staying in mehico, they will walk over the border in a day or two.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 8:37:09 AM EDT
[#49]

Also, I've heard for a third, separate, time that Afghan SOF members have been to removed off of flights by the State Department, despite being walked on by US SOF.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 8:39:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Canadians are done.

Page / 104
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top