[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just watched it.
Meh..solid 4 out of 10

Especially the fight scenes, some one needs to hire a
new fight choreographer

Hope it gets better.

And wtf is with this once a week episode shit? Hey Disney and Amazon Prime, I pay to stream your channels so I can binge watch shows I am interested in...not be shown one episode a week like fucking regular TV.
View Quote

No kidding, what happened to blasters and flamethrowers?
Few guys with shields and taser sticks almost take them both out?
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 10:52:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I liked this one. But, I didn’t know Mortal Kombat’s Goro was from Tatooine.
View Quote

As soon as i saw scales i thought it was going to be a lesser krate dragon.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 11:04:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Ummm.... Boba was a clone of Jango in the 1st place.   Who's to say the current Boba is the same one who went into the sarlac, and not a different clone?
View Quote

New to all this are you?
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 11:43:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I liked it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 1:31:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Very disappointed.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 1:50:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I liked it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 3:05:44 PM EDT
[#7]
There were a few Easter eggs I noticed in the cantina.

The gambling dealer droid was R3x, who used to be the pilot in the Star Tours ride and is now the DJ in Oga’s Cantina in Galaxy’s Edge.

Blue elephant and one of the Modal Nodes are musicians playing a jazzy version of the cantina song from Star Wars. I’m pretty sure the song they were playing is one of the songs DJ R3x plays in Oga’s.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 3:21:08 PM EDT
[#8]
So the same Jawas that traded with a dying Cobb Vanth instead of robbing him robbed a dying Boba Fett instead of trading with him?
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 3:23:06 PM EDT
[#9]
A good opener here's hoping it ramps up.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 3:30:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Boba Fett should NEVER take off his helmet in public.  Protection issues aside, it seriously diminishes the image of a badass not to be fucked with when that iconic helmet is removed and in it's place you see a crusty old man.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 3:33:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Trivia:

What pelt did the Trandoshan offer to Boba?
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 3:51:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just watched it.
Meh..solid 4 out of 10

Especially the fight scenes, some one needs to hire a
new fight choreographer

Hope it gets better.

And wtf is with this once a week episode shit? Hey Disney and Amazon Prime, I pay to stream your channels so I can binge watch shows I am interested in...not be shown one episode a week like fucking regular TV.
View Quote

4/10 is pretty generous.  The first episode of the The Mandalorian hooked me in the first 5 minutes and kept me very interested the whole time.

This was a struggle just to simply make it through the 35 minute pilot.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 4:04:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Trivia:

View Quote

Wookie pelt.

Pretty weak first episode. Noticed the Easter eggs in the cantina too. Liked the parts where he escaped the Sarlaac, the rest of the episode was really weak.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 4:54:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Wookie pelt.

Pretty weak first episode. Noticed the Easter eggs in the cantina too. Liked the parts where he escaped the Sarlaac, the rest of the episode was really weak.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trivia:

Wookie pelt.

Yea, they absolutely hated Wookies.

I kinda liked the back story. But I do wish they would have been much more effective against the shields.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 5:13:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I kinda liked the back story. But I do wish they would have been much more effective against the shields.
View Quote

Blasters, flamethrowers, a frickin' rocket pack..
But no, let's punch and kick our way out...
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 5:19:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Be sure to take our helmet off beforehand too.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 6:25:01 PM EDT
[#17]
That was fun.  Makes me feel old though.

I remember being 7 years old and seeing Fett on the big screen in ESB.  Now that I fit that dad-bod vet meme upthread, I think the coolest piece of gear he owns is a bacta tank.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 9:14:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Big meh for me. The CGI on the Raiders' dog thing was horrible. The Parkour assassins were dumb. Why does literally everyone wear either a helmet or prosthetic makeup on their heads?

And there's something odd about the blocking. You can tell practically every scene is shot in their big round green screen room. Nobody moves around the way people do in real life.

I'll watch the next one. But Mando episode 1 was a 10/10, an I don't think it had a single episode worse than a 6/10 for me. If this were a Mando episode it would be the worst one yet, and second place isn't that close.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 10:08:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Big meh for me. The CGI on the Raiders' dog thing was horrible. The Parkour assassins were dumb. Why does literally everyone wear either a helmet or prosthetic makeup on their heads?

And there's something odd about the blocking. You can tell practically every scene is shot in their big round green screen room. Nobody moves around the way people do in real life.

I'll watch the next one. But Mando episode 1 was a 10/10, an I don't think it had a single episode worse than a 6/10 for me. If this were a Mando episode it would be the worst one yet, and second place isn't that close.
View Quote

I think the dog thing was mostly practical effects with some CGI. I'm not 100% but I do think it was a puppet.

Also...did anyone else notice the DARPA dogs?

Link Posted: 12/29/2021 10:14:12 PM EDT
[#20]
It felt like an episode of Clone Wars, but in live action. Not bad. I'd say it's on par with The Mandalorian show, but it had a much slower start. I hope they get the flashbacks out of the way soon and the villain shows up in a big way.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 10:18:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Didn't hate it at all. But I do hope we set up the story sooner rather than later
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 10:19:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

4/10 is pretty generous.  The first episode of the The Mandalorian hooked me in the first 5 minutes and kept me very interested the whole time.

This was a struggle just to simply make it through the 35 minute pilot.
View Quote

They really made the relatively short 40 minutes of "show" drag out.

Fairly unimpressed.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 10:24:58 PM EDT
[#23]
I hope episode 2 redeems episode 1.
It was middling at best.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 10:39:48 PM EDT
[#24]
I can’t wait till they make a series dedicated to Captain Kirk.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 10:46:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Wasn't great.

Hopefully it will pick up.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 10:47:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Did Robert Rodriguez retire and not tell anyone just to get a check?
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 11:03:26 PM EDT
[#27]
This is, and always will be, the best Boba Fett.

Link Posted: 12/29/2021 11:28:17 PM EDT
[#28]
The opening of Return of the Jedi at Jabbas palace really made you feel mysterious and had you sitting on the edge of your seat. Somehow using the same set they completely failed to recreate any of those feelings.

I agree with the criticism of why is he always taking his helmet off. It was never off in empire and Jedi, now it’s always off.

I don’t like the way he escaped from the pit… missed opportunity there.

The fighting was awful. And then in the last 10 minutes I felt like I was watching an episode of power rangers.

Not sure how this can be so disconnected from mandalorian….
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 11:38:32 PM EDT
[#29]
I enjoyed it.

Nice to see a house band again. I wonder if that's Max Rebo and he survived the sail barge explosion, and if the bith is one of the Modal Nodes.

I think we will see Boba follow the old west trope of living among the natives and learning their ways.

I'm in for the ride.

Link Posted: 12/29/2021 11:44:43 PM EDT
[#30]
I will say I'm pretty impressed at how they maintained continuity with the canon so far. He passes out in the Sarlacc, leaving time for the barges to leave. He gets out, and faints. Jawas take his armor, which makes perfect sense as they'd be drawn to wrecked vehicles, and that's where US Marshall Raylan Givens Cobb gets it from. Scarred from the sun and sand without protection. Clearly obtains a Gaffi(?) stick from the Raiders, and that appears in Mando.

Great premise. So far poor execution. Also who's that Twilek who came to not pay tribute in the early part? He sounds familiar, but I couldn't place the actor's face.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 11:48:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The opening of Return of the Jedi at Jabbas palace really made you feel mysterious and had you sitting on the edge of your seat. Somehow using the same set they completely failed to recreate any of those feelings.

I agree with the criticism of why is he always taking his helmet off. It was never off in empire and Jedi, now it’s always off.

The fighting was awful. And then in the last 10 minutes I felt like I was watching an episode of power rangers.

View Quote

I know what you mean.  I thought Jabba’s Palace was the most interesting location in the original trilogy.

Now they made it feel like just another generic set.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 11:49:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Also, titling this episode "Stranger in a Strange Land" is not kewl. They haven't earned that level of Sci Fi cred yet.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 11:59:59 PM EDT
[#33]
I liked it, give it a B-

Link Posted: 12/30/2021 12:52:52 AM EDT
[#34]
The fight scene was odd, but Ill keep watching.

I dont get stuck on the finer points because I dont know them. I just enjoy seeing where the story will go.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 12:58:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The fight scene was odd, but Ill keep watching.

I dont get stuck on the finer points because I dont know them. I just enjoy seeing where the story will go.
View Quote

“Odd” is certainly a kind way of putting it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 1:07:12 AM EDT
[#36]
The main Twilek at the cantina was Jennifer Beals from Flashdance. She looked really good for her age.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 1:12:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The main Twilek at the cantina was Jennifer Beals from Flashdance. She looked really good for her age.
View Quote

Wow. I wouldn’t have guessed she was 58.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 1:15:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hopefully we’ll get her dancing!
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 1:17:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
There were a few Easter eggs I noticed in the cantina.

The gambling dealer droid was R3x, who used to be the pilot in the Star Tours ride and is now the DJ in Oga’s Cantina in Galaxy’s Edge.

Blue elephant and one of the Modal Nodes are musicians playing a jazzy version of the cantina song from Star Wars. I’m pretty sure the song they were playing is one of the songs DJ R3x plays in Oga’s.
View Quote

Yup, just visited Oga’s Cantina last week!   Great place!  Expensive drinks…

Link Posted: 12/30/2021 1:22:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Kinda sucked.  It felt like network TV.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 1:22:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fett didn’t have his helmet for remote command and control of his jet pack and weapons.   He can use them manually but his hands were tied upon combat.

So when he got his helmet filled with loot…that was a strategic ploy to weigh it down and make it unusable in the ambush.  

Which just illustrates a point made earlier, Fett should NEVER take his helmet off in public.    In his throne room sure but not outside his palace.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 1:24:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I liked it, give it a B-

View Quote

yeah. That's where I'm at.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 1:25:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

That fight choreography was weak sauce.  I just saw the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular at Disney Hollywood studios and that was better done.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 1:26:02 AM EDT
[#44]
I liked the Gamorrean guards in this one.    They have my physique.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 1:30:22 AM EDT
[#45]
GD hates Boba Fett.

Why am I not surprised.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 1:41:42 AM EDT
[#46]
If I didn't know better I would think most of the first episode was a fan film. Just looked cheap, poor pacing and really bad fight scenes.

Boba Fett was always the mysterious bad ass. Not sure how well having him be a beat down old man is going to work.

Maybe the hard core fans will dig it for all the call backs. I'm not one of those so I'll probably give one more ep a watch and bail if its like the first.

I really enjoyed both seasons of the Mandalorian. First ep of this series is not in the same class.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 1:50:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Solid start.  8/10
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 1:58:49 AM EDT
[#48]
When I saw

All I could think of was

Link Posted: 12/30/2021 2:19:54 AM EDT
[#49]
I thought it was ok and has some potential.  The fight at the end was 'meh', especially after seeing Boba Fett kick butt in the Mandalorian series.

they need to condense and finish the flashbacks, and show Boba Fett exerting his authority as a mob boss over the natives in the second episode.  If they drag out the flashbacks or continue to portray Fett as some kind of 'kinder and gentler new management' then this series will bomb hard.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 2:29:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Just finished it. I enjoyed it but it definitely needs a pick me up. I will keep watching of course.
Page / 38
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top