Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 128
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 4:57:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Negan's the TWD version of Kublai Khan. You do as he says, you pay what he says, or he has you trampled to death or if you piss them off enough the horde decends upon your village and kills the fuck outta everybody.

I reckon that since they've made a point of the numbers of the saviors, it's going to be a Mongol type trnsition of power too once Negan Khan gets capped.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 5:01:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Soylent:
Negan's the TWD version of Kublai Khan. You do as he says, you pay what he says, or he has you trampled to death or if you piss them off enough the horde decends upon your village and kills the fuck outta everybody.

I reckon that since they've made a point of the numbers of the saviors, it's going to be a Mongol type trnsition of power too once Negan Khan gets capped.
View Quote

you made me do this.

Link Posted: 12/12/2016 5:13:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By leatherface_y2k:

you made me do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEuOoMprDqg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Soylent:

you made me do this.

While Rush isn't my favoritest, I've forced worse reactions out of people with things I've said
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 7:30:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Can some one tell me what happened at the end of the episode? My DVR cut out about a minute early.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 7:35:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By MSUbulldog21:

I think she will spill the beans when she finds out Rick is planning to attack the saviors and is getting communities together. I hope so, Rick is gonna need all the help he can get.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By edcurtis:
You could have skipped Big Tit Tara episode.

If she keeps her promise and never tells anyone of Oceanside Lesbos, it will definitely be a wasted episode.

I think she will spill the beans when she finds out Rick is planning to attack the saviors and is getting communities together. I hope so, Rick is gonna need all the help he can get.

Yep. Rick will say they need guns to fight and Tara will say she knows where to find some.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 7:42:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By l_Ferret_l:
Can some one tell me what happened at the end of the episode? My DVR cut out about a minute early.
View Quote

At the end Maggie is on watch at Hilltop and gets a big smile on her face.
They open the gates and in walks Rick, Carl, Michonne, Tara, Rosita and they say they are ready to fight the Saviors.
As they are walking in, Darryl comes from around the house and he and Rick man hug...powerful scene.
Darryl hands Rick back his Python.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 7:50:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By l_Ferret_l:
View Quote

Rick awakens in the hospital with nurses, Lori and young Carl by his side.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 7:56:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Is Enid from Oceanside, then?
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:01:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By 57Octane:
Poor Fat Joe...
View Quote
Now he's somewhere on a beach...

Dierks Bentley - Somewhere On A Beach (Official Music Video)
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:16:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RR_Broccoli] [#10]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

That's the only way her episode makes any sense at all. No way she sits on that intel.
View All Quotes

If she keeps her promise and never tells anyone of Oceanside Lesbos, it will definitely be a wasted episode.

That's the only way her episode makes any sense at all. No way she sits on that intel.
Also possible the person with the too-big boots is someone from Oceanside Lesbos.

They put way too much effort into showing the boots as too big for it to not mean something.

This is the other person of the two woman scout team... the other was the redhead Michone killed. (She didn't know where to go, what to do, and tried to make Michone think she was part of the badass group.)
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:20:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Well hell, even between Hillside, the Kingdom and Alexandria you're looking at what, 150 fighters? Most not nearly as capable as the main characters. Even if you add Oceanside the numbers of the Saviors seem like they're over 1000. 

Seems like maybe it'll be a "cut the head off a snake and the body does", type situation. 
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:49:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By FDrifting:
Well hell, even between Hillside, the Kingdom and Alexandria you're looking at what, 150 fighters? Most not nearly as capable as the main characters. Even if you add Oceanside the numbers of the Saviors seem like they're over 1000. 

Seems like maybe it'll be a "cut the head off a snake and the body does", type situation. 
View Quote

I believe in the comic books there were only about 70-80 Saviors.  But...who knows if the writers are following that detail or not.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:50:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Cobalty2004:

Rick awakens in the hospital with nurses, Lori and young Carl by his side.
View Quote

And Lori says she is two weeks pregnant. Oh, and Shane drops by.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:51:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Yojimbo:

I believe in the comic books there were only about 70-80 Saviors.  But...who knows if the writers are following that detail or not.
View Quote

It doesn't see. Like it since they made a big point of that outpost being one of very many. 
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 9:13:53 AM EDT
[#15]

It doesn't see. Like it since they made a big point of that outpost being one of very many. 
View All Quotes

Right but WE don't know that and Rick's group is all but certain that's the case. Again, I think they've overinflated their numbers; classic small-unit tactic. Why else would the Saviors be so worried about the Kingdom?
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 9:33:39 AM EDT
[#16]
The Saviors are also a more lean and focused group in the comics.

The TV show makes them out to be a bloated caste system full of low level non-combatants as well as middle level workers and higher level fighters. This inflates their numbers with a bunch of "non-fighting" people. My guess is the TV Saviors are perhaps 150 strong, but only half or less of those people are armed and competent to fight. Hell just look at Baby Huey... he was a tag-along tough guy who was completely useless in 1 on 1.

And the same notion goes for all the other settlements, including Alexandria... half or less of their numbers can be used as soldiers, everyone else is a support role at best dead weight at worst. And only a small portion of those capable of fighting are actually good, the rest are cannon fodder.

The TV show is also going out of its way to paint nearly all of the forward troops of the Saviors as bullies using mafia style intimidation tactics to prevent armed resistance. I'm guessing they are all bark and no bite, as the only example in the TV show of the Saviors actually engaging in a stand-up fight with another group of people is the satellite center where they got their shit handed to them in a completely lopsided squad wipe. My guess is their individual "soldiers" are not all that skilled, and many of them are simply "bullies with guns". A well armed, well planned strike against them executed by swinging dicks would probably cripple them... and any counterattack they put up would probably be turned back.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 9:43:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Rustynutzz:
Who was the boot guy at the lake?
View Quote

With Abe and Glenn dead, and Carol Morganified, they lost some of their fighters. I bet they introduce a Burt Gummer survivalist type who eventually helps them fight the Saviors.

Besides, they are lacking in the strong male category right now. Mostly just sassy girls and a few queers.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:18:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By MaChu:
Did anyone have an Inception ending kinda vibe at the end of this episode with the music?
View Quote

With the whole gang walking toward the camera while the music played, I got more of a "Life Aquatic" vibe.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:20:51 AM EDT
[#19]
There are 5 possibilities as to who "Boots" is. 

1. A scout from oceanside that followed Tara back. Unlikely, however. Tara arrived back at Alexandria while Rick and Aaron were on their run, didn't know where they were, but Boots was at the lake. Thus it's more likely Boots followed Rick and Aaron back to Alexandria.

2. A Savior "minder", assigned to watch Alexandria, Rick especially, and make sure they are doing their job and not planning anything. He (or she) will be reporting back to Negan that Rick and the core group left Alexandria for some reason. 

3. Dwight. Watching Rick for the right time to tell him he wants to help get rid of Negan

4. An unknown character, maybe a survivalist type who has spent the last 2 years hoarding guns, ammo and food. Watching all parties and trying to decide who to join up with. 

5. Early intoduction of the next group of antagonists. Saw Rick and Aaron at the lake just by chance (or followed all the noise they were making), followed them to Alexandria, and will go back and report, setting up the next conflict next season. 
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:22:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Negan did show them all what he thought about attempting to undermine authority.

Rick is in charge, Spencer offered to usurp Rick.

Negan gutted Spencer.

There are rules.
View Quote

Gotta get the timing and emphasis right.

[Negan] There. Are. RULES. [/Negan]
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:23:48 AM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Maybe that's who we saw spying on Rick and crew.
Maybe they report back that Alexandria, Hilltop and the Kingdom have formed an alliance and they show up with their arsenal to join in.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:37:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By KeithU:
View Quote

No. Her back story was shown a couple seasons ago. Family car broke down and her parents got munched by Walkers. She stumbled on Alexandria back around the Wolves timeline.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:44:17 AM EDT
[#23]

Right but WE don't know that and Rick's group is all but certain that's the case. Again, I think they've overinflated their numbers; classic small-unit tactic. Why else would the Saviors be so worried about the Kingdom?
View All Quotes

What gives the impression the Saviors are worried about the Kingdom? They just have a deal not to enter there as long as the supplies are delivered as promised.
The Saviors having numerous outposts has been mentioned several times. The head of Oceanside said it to Tara at the dinner table when Tara told them they knocked off that 1 outpost.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:45:38 AM EDT
[#24]

you made me do this.

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:46:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Loki41872:

4. An unknown character, maybe a survivalist type who has spent the last 2 years hoarding guns, ammo and food. Watching all parties and trying to decide who to join up with. 

View Quote

You mean an Arfcommer
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:47:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Nailcrusher:

No. Her back story was shown a couple seasons ago. Family car broke down and her parents got munched by Walkers. She stumbled on Alexandria back around the Wolves timeline.
View All Quotes

Totally forgot about that.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:54:02 AM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

Her story is kind of easy to forget. She's been a fringe character since she was introduced. Looks like this season they moved her status up quite a bit due to her relationship with Maggie and now Carl. Her being in the final group scene last night at Hilltop shows that.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:58:06 AM EDT
[#28]

You mean an Arfcommer
View Quote

An Arfcommer would also be hoarding soccer moms and twinkies. 
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 12:56:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Natron11:

Yep. Rick will say they need guns to fight and Tara will say she knows where to find some.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Natron11:

I'm not sure how they are going to work that in there.  A virtually unarmed group (one wheelgun between all of them, even if it is a Python) is going to bebop into Oceanside, where they (with one rebellious teenager exception) shoot people on sight or execute them later, and say "Hi ladies.  We're going to take on the Saviors, we need your guns".

Personally, I think that episode was just the "Tara Story" where one of the last lesbians in the area stumbles into a bunch of Amazons who are perfectly willing to shoot an unarmed woman (and fellow muffdiver, no less) in the back.

I suppose Tara could run into Cyndie again and talk her into sneaking into the armory and stealing an armload of guns.  Cyndie gets accidentally killed by the sentry on duty and the team makes off with the guns in the confusion.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 1:59:56 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

They made a point about the boots have been seen before.  If someone has nothing better to do, go back and see who wears a pair of plain old combat boots with a strip of duct tape over the toe.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 2:33:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By jwr6:

They made a point about the boots have been seen before.  If someone has nothing better to do, go back and see who wears a pair of plain old combat boots with a strip of duct tape over the toe.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jwr6:

When they referenced that on TTD I took it to mean the boots were shown at the Houseboat AND outside the gate at Alexandria.
??
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 2:47:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CannonBallz] [#32]
Well, that episode was slightly better than the last 5 or so. I'll give them that. I actually enjoyed seeing Spencer get gutted, they did a decent job on that.

(Edited: removed my thoughts on what the ratings will show for this episode and implications for the series.)

I'm mostly curious at this point to see if they wrap up the Negan story arc this season or span it across 2 seasons.

It certainly seems they could wrap it this season, but my guts (pun intended) tell me they'll use 2 seasons for the Negan arc.

PS: Thank god Rosita survived... :)
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 2:48:57 PM EDT
[#33]

When they referenced that on TTD I took it to mean the boots were shown at the Houseboat AND outside the gate at Alexandria.
??
View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 2:50:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CannonBallz] [#34]
Quick question: what was the statue or piece of art or whatever it was that Darrell stopped cold in his tracks and stared at in that room while he was changing clothes during his escape? I didn't get that at all.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 2:53:08 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

Didn't a savior say 250 to someone? Like someone at hillside? I feel like that happen.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 2:56:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By CannonBallz:
Well, that episode was slightly better than the last 5 or so. I'll give them that. I actually enjoyed seeing Spencer get gutted, they did a decent job on that.

(Edited: removed my thoughts on what the ratings will show for this episode and implications for the series.)

I'm mostly curious at this point to see if they wrap up the Negan story arc this season or span it across 2 seasons.

It certainly seems they could wrap it this season, but my guts (pun intended) tell me they'll use 2 seasons for the Negan arc.

View Quote

I'm betting 2 they spent money to get this guy, they'll do a back story episode and I bet Negan spends some time in the jail Morgan built.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 2:57:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quick question: what was the statue or piece of art or whatever it was that Darrell stopped cold in his tracks and stared at in that room while he was changing clothes during his escape? I didn't get that at all.
View Quote

I think its that little wooden statue they had last season when Daryl met Dwight and the girls in the burned forest.

The statue being in that room was supposed to be an indicator that that was Dwight's room.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 3:02:15 PM EDT
[#38]
JDM is signed on for season 8, so Negan appears next season.

It is entirely possible for them to slam through the Saviors storyline in the remaining 8 episodes this season... it would probably require them being very frugal with their scenes, not adding any more superfluous stuff to the story and having at least 4 more 1.5 hour episodes.

This season started somewhere around issue 100 and I think right now is somewhere around issue 110 of the comics, and the "end" of the Saviors arc is around issue 125 or so. So they have 15 issues to go... again doable if they really economize... but my money is on this lasting into next season.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 3:14:08 PM EDT
[#39]

1. A scout from oceanside that followed Tara back. Unlikely, however. Tara arrived back at Alexandria while Rick and Aaron were on their run, didn't know where they were, but Boots was at the lake. Thus it's more likely Boots followed Rick and Aaron back to Alexandria.

2. A Savior "minder", assigned to watch Alexandria, Rick especially, and make sure they are doing their job and not planning anything. He (or she) will be reporting back to Negan that Rick and the core group left Alexandria for some reason. 

3. Dwight. Watching Rick for the right time to tell him he wants to help get rid of Negan

5. Early intoduction of the next group of antagonists. Saw Rick and Aaron at the lake just by chance (or followed all the noise they were making), followed them to Alexandria, and will go back and report, setting up the next conflict next season. 
View Quote

I humbly propose a possibility number 6.
"Boots" is just a lonely country lad, looking for a ewe and some affection.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 4:05:31 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

She just needs to get back to wearing those little shorts she used to wear when she first showed up.

Link Posted: 12/12/2016 4:58:04 PM EDT
[#41]
I want to know why some nobody savior grunt was carrying Rick's Python.

I figured Negan would have that thing locked in his room fapping to it every night.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 5:01:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By JsARCLIGHT:

It is entirely possible for them to slam through the Saviors storyline in the remaining 8 episodes this season... it would probably require them being very frugal with their scenes, not adding any more superfluous stuff to the story and having at least 4 more 1.5 hour episodes.

This season started somewhere around issue 100 and I think right now is somewhere around issue 110 of the comics, and the "end" of the Saviors arc is around issue 125 or so. So they have 15 issues to go... again doable if they really economize... but my money is on this lasting into next season.
View Quote

IMDB has JDM listed in 17 episodes. Not sure how much info that gives but it implies that he makes it through roughly half of the 8th season.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 5:13:54 PM EDT
[#43]
The Saviors are also a more lean and focused group in the comics.

The TV show makes them out to be a bloated caste system full of low level non-combatants as well as middle level workers and higher level fighters. This inflates their numbers with a bunch of "non-fighting" people. My guess is the TV Saviors are perhaps 150 strong, but only half or less of those people are armed and competent to fight. Hell just look at Baby Huey... he was a tag-along tough guy who was completely useless in 1 on 1.

And the same notion goes for all the other settlements, including Alexandria... half or less of their numbers can be used as soldiers, everyone else is a support role at best dead weight at worst. And only a small portion of those capable of fighting are actually good, the rest are cannon fodder.

The TV show is also going out of its way to paint nearly all of the forward troops of the Saviors as bullies using mafia style intimidation tactics to prevent armed resistance. I'm guessing they are all bark and no bite, as the only example in the TV show of the Saviors actually engaging in a stand-up fight with another group of people is the satellite center where they got their shit handed to them in a completely lopsided squad wipe. My guess is their individual "soldiers" are not all that skilled, and many of them are simply "bullies with guns". A well armed, well planned strike against them executed by swinging dicks would probably cripple them... and any counterattack they put up would probably be turned back.
View Quote

I think they're setting Negan's front line people up as bullies so that when they get taken down it will be them getting what they deserved.
Then there's others that are trapped there that are just trying to survive (Negan's "wives," Wight, the now dead Fat Joe, the doctor, & the general population that had to watch the other guy get his face melted).
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 5:17:54 PM EDT
[#44]

??
View Quote

Yes, they were at the silly houseboat scene (where the walkers didn't try to get out of the water to chase Rick on land, & where the wind picked up to blow the houseboat back to shore right after Rick got to it).
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 5:19:35 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

I'm guess that the cliffhanger is going to be some sort of big confrontation with the Saviors - we're going to have 7.5 episodes leading up to it
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 5:21:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By mrkma:

IMDB has JDM listed in 17 episodes. Not sure how much info that gives but it implies that he makes it through roughly half of the 8th season.
View Quote

16 episodes for this season, 1 episode last season.

JDM signed a contract for season 8 so he will be in at least one (& probably more) episodes.
All we know now is that he's under contract - it could be nothing but flashback work.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 5:29:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By shocktrp:

16 episodes for this season, 1 episode last season.

JDM signed a contract for season 8 so he will be in at least one (& probably more) episodes.
All we know now is that he's under contract - it could be nothing but flashback work.
View Quote

JDM may be credited in all the episodes this season, but he only appears in some of them.  I don't remember him appearing in the Tara episode, or the first Kingdom episode.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 5:36:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By shocktrp:

I'm guess that the cliffhanger is going to be some sort of big confrontation with the Saviors - we're going to have 7.5 episodes leading up to it
View Quote

They're "remixing" the events of the comics subtlety so far so it is hard to think of which big event they are going to use as the main season finale next year. I have my guesses, but they are probably wrong.

My money is on most of the second half of the season revolving around the four groups coming together (Alexandria, Hilltop, Kingdom and Oceanside), with at least two nonsense digression episodes focusing on who knows what... most likely an entire episode on Morgan and Carol getting back on board, a whole episode with Maggie dealing with Gregory, a whole episode of Tara spilling the beans and dealing with Oceanside, and a whole episode of Newgene blubbering in Sanctuary talking with Dwight or Sherry. Right there those are 4 episodes out of 8, half the season.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 5:40:00 PM EDT
[#49]
I’m thinking about the Oceanside throwaway episode, and I think we’ll see them again.  Tara has made the vow never to speak of the Oceanside Lesbos, and that’s understandable.  But up to this point Tara has only been told of Negan’s brutality, but has never actually witnessed it for herself.  In last night’s episode she has, and there was more than one camera shot of her face as she witnessed the gutting and her friend’s being shot in the head.  The game has changed for Tara and I suspect that she will at some point arrange a transfer of assets from the beach babes to Force 10 From Alexandria.

At this point Carol and Morgan still don’t know the fate of Gene and Abe, nor are they aware of the current living arrangements in Alexandria.  With Jesus mentioning the Kingdom at the end of last night’s episode, they’ll both find out soon enough.  Maybe Carol will stay put in Casa Smoking Chimney (talk about broadcasting your position) but I suspect that Morgan will rejoin the attack force, if for no other reason than to counter the guy in the vest’s (I forget his name) Kill Negan Now strategy.  You know that the vest dude is going to be all in favor of the upcoming war, so the group will have one more worthy fighter - I’m actually hoping he doesn’t do something stupid on his own before joining up with Rick & Crew.

I have a feeling that by the end of the full season when the dust settles from the war Negan is still going to be alive, and I’m thinking that Morgan (with a possible assist from Carol) will be the ones to take him into custody and throw his ass into Morgan’s Alexandria Detention Facility.  Possibly Negen will be held alive as some sort of bargaining chip to be used with whomever assumes the role of head of the Saviors.

I still don’t know who Funky Boots is that we see at the pond and later outside the gates of Alexandria.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 5:43:04 PM EDT
[#50]
So Negan instantly realizes this this was a homemade "bullet".  He doesn't assume the gun was homemade, but the round fired must have been.  And he can tell by looking at the casing.  He mentioned crimps.  Are they saying Eugene manufactured the brass as well?  It's not like they shouldn't have bucketloads of empty brass casings. What the hell could he tell from looking at the brass. He saw that it was crimped.  Isn't most military brass crimped?  And how would he not know that it could have been made prior to them turning in their guns?  And why make one when you could have made an entire magazine full.  In which case, Negan would be dead.
Page / 128
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top