Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 5:57:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Am I the only one who thinks this guy is a fucking idiot?
View Quote

no.  no, you're not.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 6:13:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Actors, writers, directors and producers, with complete creative control.

How many people watched each episode of Mythbusters each week on Discovery?  My Google search said “20 million per season” which translates into a couple million per episode. “Todays myth: is the Toyota Hilux the toughest pickup in the world? We put it to the test.”

Same shit, different channel. Right down to the completely ludicrous final test where they blow it up or drop it from a crane. Except these same guys probably masturbated furiously to Mythbusters.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But do they really have low IQ or are they actors, making money from their acting?

Actors, writers, directors and producers, with complete creative control.

How many people watched each episode of Mythbusters each week on Discovery?  My Google search said “20 million per season” which translates into a couple million per episode. “Todays myth: is the Toyota Hilux the toughest pickup in the world? We put it to the test.”

Same shit, different channel. Right down to the completely ludicrous final test where they blow it up or drop it from a crane. Except these same guys probably masturbated furiously to Mythbusters.

Or Top Gear.  Spent a lot of time watching old guys do stupid shit with cars.

Not a fan of his, in that I don't watch his stuff.  Just not interested.  But I bet young me would have been all over it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 6:14:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

The entire worshipping the original kill dozer madman is fucking idiotic.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 6:17:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I didnt realize that Komatsu was that damn big and heavy.  When/if he does build a Killdozer, will he even be able to get it transported with the shell on it?

Quoted:

He's a guy with money that takes rare or collectable vehicles and destroys them for clicks.

Like a Toyota HiLux or Nissan Skyline and just treats them like it's Dukes of Hazzard.

He's the equivalent of someone buying a Singer 1911 or a some transferable M16 Vietnam bring-back, then throwing it down a cliff, then dragging it behind a car on the road, and at the end, stuffing the barrel to purposely make it go kaboom.

Hilarious, right?

Firearm people would say "Dude, if you're going destroy a rare M16 or 1911, why not instead just destroy a $300 PSA or a $350 Tisa instead? Something that's readily available and not collectable?"

Just the same as car people thinking "Dude, if you're going destroy a collectable Hi Lux or Skyline, why not just instead destroy a newer Toyota pick-up or Nissan 350Z? Something that's readily available and not collectable?"

But he won't get the same amount of views if he's not purposely trolling by destroying items that people enjoy.

It's what 12 years old think is the pinnacle of comedy. The teenage "ArEn'T YoU TriGGeRed?" comedy.

And if you disagree with him trashing collectable stuff, you're a hater, poor, hate freedom, living rent free, you're triggered, or some other 12 year old insult.
View Quote

There was what...2 million of that generation Hilux made?  Not exactly rare.  Several of the trucks he has destroyed were rusty Bondo covered shitboxes with a paint job.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 6:21:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I pay more attention to these threads then I do him. I don't really hate him, his shtick just doesn't do anything for me.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 2:40:45 AM EDT
[#6]
When I'm loading or doing something in the house, I usually have Diesel Creek on the TV.  All he does is diesels, and equipment same size as what WD is playing with.  The difference is Diesel Creek actually knows what he's doing.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:50:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I didnt realize that Komatsu was that damn big and heavy.  When/if he does build a Killdozer, will he even be able to get it transported with the shell on it?

There was what...2 million of that generation Hilux made?  Not exactly rare.  Several of the trucks he has destroyed were rusty Bondo covered shitboxes with a paint job.  
View Quote

I hope he honors the Kill Dozer by running over Hilux.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:09:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
When I'm loading or doing something in the house, I usually have Diesel Creek on the TV.  All he does is diesels, and equipment same size as what WD is playing with.  The difference is Diesel Creek actually knows what he's doing.
View Quote

He needs another channel with his mechanics... Automating that tank helicopter and some of the stuff they do is nuts.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:14:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Fpni.  But not an idiot. He figure out how to make good $.  More like a douche...  The guy destroys rare classic cars and trucks. A tard with too much money.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:39:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
We worship a bunch of men who dressed up like natives, destroyed a bunch of ship's cargo in Boston Harbor, and revolted against an unjust, punitive government. I'd say it's in American genes to root for the wronged and persecuted.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:43:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I can understand his popularity with children and immature young men.  I was young and entertained by foolishness once myself.
View Quote

lol
What monocle do you use when reading GD?
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:44:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I don't care what he does and I don't watch his content,  if it weren't for people here complaining about him I probably wouldn't even know who he is.
View Quote
This. Never watched a single video of his. His name comes up quite a bit on this forum though.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:23:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Fpni.  But not an idiot. He figure out how to make good $.  More like a douche...  The guy destroys rare classic cars and trucks. A tard with too much money.
View Quote

As a passing thought on this fella, I  believe it is possible to be lucky rather than smart and find success. The guy appears to be a attention seeking immature man-child and nothing more. He isn't a rebel or even very creative. He is akin to a 6 year old child who was told no by one adult and another gave him all the resources he needs to act out and then film it for others to enjoy vicariously for whatever reason. That empowering other "adult" is his viewers who monetize this behavior as it "entertains" their acting out destructive fantasies. I don't know, maybe he is a genius to embody and encourage others to embrace base human tendencies rather than represent the virtues of western civilization, destroying that which it makes possible for "likes".

Just a rambling thought.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:26:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

no.  no, you're not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

no.  no, you're not.

Are you all talking about him or the character he made up to make millions with? Cause one of those is smarter than all of us thats not multimillionaires that dont have a hard job.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:27:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This. Never watched a single video of his. His name comes up quite a bit on this forum though.
View Quote

Same here ,   does he get political ?
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:36:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

As a passing thought on this fella, I  believe it is possible to be lucky rather than smart and find success. The guy appears to be a attention seeking immature man-child and nothing more. He isn't a rebel or even very creative. He is akin to a 6 year old child who was told no by one adult and another gave him all the resources he needs to act out and then film it for others to enjoy vicariously for whatever reason. That empowering other "adult" is his viewers who monetize this behavior as it "entertains" their acting out destructive fantasies. I don't know, maybe he is a genius to embody and encourage others to embrace base human tendencies rather than represent the virtues of western civilization, destroying that which it makes possible for "likes".

Just a rambling thought.
View Quote

Lucky gets you standing in the doorway. It really takes something else to take an opportunity and run with it for an extended period of time.
Lucky was him fucking around while someone was videoing and having a bunch of people laugh and share it. Business acumen was identifying what was entertaining people and growing his audience to where he has more people tuning in to his channel than anything on ABC or CBS. And owning his content. He’s not a salaried employee of Disney.

To the contrary, I think he is encouraging the virtues of western civilization. He is a huge proponent of personal freedom, and if you look at what he does that pisses people off? He is rejecting materialism. “Oh, you worship this stupid truck? You love this truck? Watch what I think of this truck.” People approaching tears over a Toyota Hilux because it isn’t in bubble wrap. People up in arms because he drove a Ferrari through a cornfield and it caught on fire. It’s just a car. It’s just metal and plastic.

I’d ask if WhistlinDiesel is the hero our society needs.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:39:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:43:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

He needs another channel with his mechanics... Automating that tank helicopter and some of the stuff they do is nuts.
View Quote

thats legitimately a great idea.

just ridicules mechanical fixes for shit he breaks.

that would absolutely get views with good production and personalities

even better if they talk shit about WD.  A channel specifically for the haters
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:44:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Dude makes millions having fun making videos with his friends. Call me a loser all you want but that's a lucky dude.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:44:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Lucky gets you standing in the doorway. It really takes something else to take an opportunity and run with it for an extended period of time.
Lucky was him fucking around while someone was videoing and having a bunch of people laugh and share it. Business acumen was identifying what was entertaining people and growing his audience to where he has more people tuning in to his channel than anything on ABC or CBS. And owning his content. He’s not a salaried employee of Disney.

To the contrary, I think he is encouraging the virtues of western civilization. He is a huge proponent of personal freedom, and if you look at what he does that pisses people off? He is rejecting materialism. “Oh, you worship this stupid truck? You love this truck? Watch what I think of this truck.” People approaching tears over a Toyota Hilux because it isn’t in bubble wrap. People up in arms because he drove a Ferrari through a cornfield and it caught on fire. It’s just a car. It’s just metal and plastic.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just a rambling thought.

While I disagree with you, I can appreciate you put a fair amount of thought into your response. You are a man with whom I could enjoy a bourbon I would imagine.

ETA, destroying things made possible by western civilization for "likes" utterly disqualifies him as a "creator" in my humble opinion
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:59:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

While I disagree with you, I can appreciate you put a fair amount of thought into your response. You are a man with which I could enjoy a bourbon I would imagine.

ETA, destroying things made possible by western civilization for "likes" utterly disqualifies him as a "creator" in my humble opinion
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just a rambling thought.

While I disagree with you, I can appreciate you put a fair amount of thought into your response. You are a man with which I could enjoy a bourbon I would imagine.

You don't watch movies with explosions and car wrecks?
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 10:06:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Dont care for the guy. Dont care that he destroys shit. Only thing that I seen of his that got me a bit miffed was when he tried to r/c a real helicopter in the garage. So much shit could had went real wrong and killed someone from flying debris.

Now I did say once that if I won a big powerball, I was buying a Ferrari Enzo, drive it to a friends house and take a sledgehammer to it. The Ferrari fanboy will have a freaking stroke. Hell it pissed him off when I referred to it as a $1.5M kit car.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 10:10:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just a rambling thought.

Fair, albeit an unwary point, but I do not seek out/follow those that destroy rare and/or beautiful things for the sake of it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 9:44:14 AM EDT
[#24]
The first time I really took notice of him was when he had that Superduty and he and his ex wife were beating on it with hammers and crowbars.

I couldn't believe anybody would be that stupid.

Then it dawned on me that he's a genius.

His youtube personality is annoying, he does stupid things and some pretty interesting things too but most importantly he gets people talking about him.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 10:23:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

He has done some podcast interviews.  
The detail that many miss about the most successful YouTube creators is the number of hours they put in.   100+ hours per week sounds common.
Understanding that those 100 hours aren't accountable to someone else, it is still a shitload of work.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 10:56:43 AM EDT
[#26]
I know he does do a lot of stupid stuff and destroys a lot of things but for some reason people love watching him do it.

But I cant hate to much because he's making millions, has nice property, cool toys, and banging Lujan so hes gotta be doing something right.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 11:45:27 AM EDT
[#27]
So he's planning on stopping in Granby, Colorado and doing what?

Link Posted: 1/24/2024 11:59:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/EroF6zo.png
View Quote

Guessing he already has done whatever he was doing there since he's filming Monster Max out at HeavyD's cabin.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 12:11:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Guessing he already has done whatever he was doing there since he's filming Monster Max out at HeavyD's cabin.
View Quote

Yeah, I little more google search found it
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 12:12:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/EroF6zo.png
View Quote

He said  $50, 000 for the move ,   that is totally believable.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 7:53:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

lol
What monocle do you use when reading GD?
View Quote
@SeanTX

That is one of funnier things I've read here.  Kudos.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/24/2024 7:57:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

He said  $50, 000 for the move ,   that is totally believable.
View Quote
@Seabee_Mech

how much to haul a killdozer from montucky to up in indiana where the tall corn grows?

asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 8:01:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Fair, albeit an unwary point, but I do not seek out/follow those that destroy rare and/or beautiful things for the sake of it.
View Quote
Are you English aristocracy per chance?
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 8:02:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The first time I really took notice of him was when he had that Superduty and he and his ex wife were beating on it with hammers and crowbars.

I couldn't believe anybody would be that stupid.

Then it dawned on me that he's a genius.

His youtube personality is annoying, he does stupid things and some pretty interesting things too but most importantly he gets people talking about him.
View Quote
The Howard Stern model.  I believe, he polled highest with people who hated him.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 8:07:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
@Seabee_Mech

how much to haul a killdozer from montucky to up in indiana where the tall corn grows?

asking for a friend.
View Quote
The hell if I know. The main office keeps what they bill for my time a secret, if I ever found out I'm sure they would have to give me a raise.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 8:07:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The hell if I know. The main office keeps what they bill for my time a secret, if I ever found out I'm sure they would have to give me a raise.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/24/2024 9:02:03 PM EDT
[#37]
You notice some Youtuber's have been quietly prepping for when the SHTF? Whistlindiesel bought a tank and now just bought a killdozer. HeavyD is now buying Blackhawks.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 10:00:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 10:13:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
You notice some Youtuber's have been quietly prepping for when the SHTF? Whistlindiesel bought a tank and now just bought a killdozer. HeavyD is now buying Blackhawks.
View Quote
I was wondering if this was in any way related to his beef with the fish cops.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 10:36:12 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

He also setup the tank for remote control….
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 12:07:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, no
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 5:09:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
No. But being an idiot in today's America is good for the $$. Like the simps on onlyfans.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 5:15:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is why this move of his is genius.  Controversial all the way around.

It's part of the reason YouTube promotes his videos.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 6:02:12 PM EDT
[#44]

Patrick Brower - The Cost of Killdozer

Did Heemeyer do Granby a favor?

Each of the targets of the rampage went through its own unique processes in rebuilding. Some received fair insurance payouts while others didn’t. For some, the insurance dealings were acceptable, for others they were a nightmare. After rebuilding Granby ended up with new and remodeled buildings it hadn’t had before the rampage. But that came with a cost both financial and emotional.

There are those who think that Heemeyer did Granby a favor through the rampage. People jokingly, and some seriously, assert that he carried out a sort of forced urban renewal for a run-down town that needed a facelift. It’s true that Heemeyer did force a type of urban renewal for the town. It’s true the town needed a “face lift.” Heemeyer’s defenders say that his rampage helped Granby get an improved town “for free” because insurance payouts and charity paid for the recovery. It’s as if, they say, the town is really a whole lot better off, thanks to Heemeyer.

It’s true that parts of Granby look much better after the rampage.  However, a tally of the real costs and longterm impacts of the rampage, offset by insurance payouts and charitable gifts, shows that Heemeyer succeeded in costing the businesses and people of Granby a lot of money, even with the facelift. Yes, insurance and charitable gifts paid for portions of the replacement of damaged property. But in almost all the cases, victims used the rebuilding as an opportunity to do more than merely replace what they had lost. They took on the added expense of enhancing and expanding what was replaced. These enhancements cost businesses, individuals, taxpayers and the public sector extra money above and beyond any insurance payouts or donations. The added costs, in some cases, are likely to continue until 2025.

Estimating the value of Heemeyer’s damage is an inexact science. For instance, numbers I published in the Sky-Hi News estimated the value of the damage at $7 million. That was higher than an estimate from a year earlier of $6 million. Six years after the rampage, taking into consideration new information, I’ve come up with a figure of $8.7 million for the total value of damages caused by Heemeyer. The main reason for this increase comes from higher estimates of damage to town streets, sidewalks and infrastructure not considered earlier and higher loss amounts for Gambles, the Grand County Library District and Grand County.

I’ve tried to break down the costs into the four categories. First there’s the actual value of the damage caused by the Killdozer. Second, I try to assess the value of that damage that was not reimbursed by insurance or charity. Third, I’ve put a value on all the improvements and upgrades from the rampage that exceeded what was in place before June 4, 2004. I’ll call that “enhancement value.” Finally, I came up with numbers that show the actual costs of the new buildings and improved facilities. This cost figure includes interest on money borrowed to make those improvements. As anyone who’s had a mortgage on a house knows, the cost of paying off the mortgage usually far exceeds the value of the house itself.

Looking at these numbers shows that insurance and charity partially paid to rebuild but that the funds fell short in covering even the costs of the rampage itself. Even more interesting, the enhancements that came about because of the rampage, while better than what the community had before, came with a very real price tag for which the community continues to pay.

https://killdozerbook.com/2018/01/heemeyer-did-a-favor-for-granby/
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 6:09:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Love him or hate him, this is one of the most amazing commercials for a car product ever created by accident.

Dang, I thought I could embed the video with a specified start time. Guess not.

Start watching at 13:17.

I bought a $400,000 Ferrari just to destroy it
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 6:15:38 PM EDT
[#46]
I remember his video on his issues with his eye surgery and how bad it was.  Guess it wasn't that bad since he's still doing his BS.  Typical YouTuber clickbaitin
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 6:58:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 7:18:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

He's a drama queen too...WD is an unbearable attention where. DC is a bearable attention whore...
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 7:23:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Interviewing Killdozer Victims (I Brought My Bulldozer)
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 8:07:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Excellent.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top